Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,986
    Since this is a pricing discussion, you may want to post in one of the other G35 forums... like this one:

Infiniti G35 Owners: Care & Maintenance

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chpetrizzochpetrizzo Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to purchase in the near future. Dealer price quote over the phone for base plus options is $37900 but invoice price on edmunds adds up to $34800. What's a realistic price for the car? The breakpoint difference? The TVM on edmunds shows $38000 but all that I've read on this board makes me think I should be paying just over invoice, not $3100 over. Any suggestions/advice?
  • Options
    miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Just keep looking. Don't ever pay $1000 over invoice even on the highest demand model.

Good luck!
  • Options
    apthomas33apthomas33 Member Posts: 1
    Okay guys... need a little help here to see if this is a good price.

I just was quoted a price on the following:

2006 G35 Coupe
    Premium Package
    XM Satellite Radio
    Navigation System
    Rear Spoiler
    Sunroof
    Painted Splash Guards

MSRP: $39844
    Quote: $37027

That's about $2800 off MSRP...

Is this a good deal, or should I push for more???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    April
  • Options
    shmulershmuler Member Posts: 8
    Just an FYI to prospective shoppers out there.

I just got a 2006 G35X with premium package, Sirius Satellite radio, and wood package (although it is not good looking at all) for $454 (includes tax) monthly for a 15k annual lease for 39 months with $1,300 dues at least signing which includes first months payment. This is by far the best deal I found. Denville, NJ Salerno Duane did everything on-line with the internet sales manager. Everything they quoted me via e-mail was accurate. I haven't seen a deal this good for anyone on the message boards.
  • Options
    pepeloupepelou Member Posts: 3
    I just got this lease deal via internet, i am not concerned about the final price car, it's the down payment and monthly that I need to get right. I think I can do better, not sure what other folks are getting:

39 months/12k miles per year - $385 per month with
    just $2290 due at signing plus plates.
  • Options
    pepeloupepelou Member Posts: 3
    where is Denville, NJ....southern or northern jersey?
  • Options
    mwhittmwhitt Member Posts: 69
    excellent dealer. just bought there two weeks ago. i bought outright, paid $100 over invoice, with 3 free service trips in the first year and a free loaner service. i saw some pay invoice on the board, but i'm not sweating $100. other dealers in my area would not match.

the internet/fleet mgr is a good guy - and i have friends who bought there - no problem with service. they stood by everything they said they would, no problems. the bus mgr. does the usual trying to sale the interior/exterior protection coating and the extended warranty, but not really high pressure -- so..

to the person who wants to know where denville is - north jersey - go up 287 N past morristown, route 10 west about 6 miles out, on the highway.
  • Options
    mdxer2mdxer2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I`m new and very exited to be here :D Having bought 4 Acuras and 2 Infinitis in the past 8yrs, the best deal in North Jersey is at Park Ave Infiniti in Englewood. A salesman there told me , that they`ll beat any deal by at least $100.You do have to bring a purchase order from another dealer , signed and all , which i did. Then you just tell the other guy that you`ve changed your mind. Good luck and welcome. :)
  • Options
    picolo18picolo18 Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking at a new 6 speed G35 coupe with premium and aero package with spoiler.

The current dealer offer is $32,500 + tax + tag + freight.
    So the bottom line is that the price out the door is around $34,000.

Is this a good deal or should I try for a lower price?
  • Options
    picolo18picolo18 Member Posts: 2
    I dont know if this will help, but I got a recent quote for an 06 6 speed model with:

premium package
    aero package with spoiler
    xm radio
    sport package is standard w/ 6 speed model
    NO NAVIGATION

$38,000 out the door
  • Options
    gmoney1227gmoney1227 Member Posts: 1
    I notice that on one post you indicate the dealer is offering you a price of $32,500 and on another post a deal of $38K.

Which one is it and if I may ask, where are you located? Thanks!
  • Options
    Please give reasonable $$$ amount without tax and fees. Some states, there are 0% sales tax and some states are 8%. Personally, I prefer you tell me if it's X dollor above/below invoice. You can get the invoice pricings on this site.

• Options
    dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    What's a good price for a 06 G35x with navi package in New Jersey/New York ? The invoice price on Edmund's is $32,854 and TMV is $35,700. Last year a dealer gave us a quote of $35,595 for a 2005 G35x. I think we can do better right now.

We're just not sure if we should buy the 06 or wait for the 2007 G37x (maybe in Sept/Oct). It will cost more of course, but it will have new features/styling.
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    maxim49maxim49 Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car_man - time to get another G35, I'm looking to get the 2006 G35X. Can you tell me what the residual and MF is for a 36 Month lease with 12K miles/yr?
    Looking to get one these weekend, so if you can post before then, that would be great!
    Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    for an 06 g35x - a good price invoice or slightly higher. i paid $100 over invoice in december in northern NJ. that was during the limited engagement, and don't know how much that had to do with.

my package was 35x, premium, sirrius, trunk liner, splash guard.
  • Options
    Agreed! Near invoice is where it should be.

• Options
    john127john127 Member Posts: 1
    2006 G35X
    Many people are quoting near invoice price. I was quoted 500 bucks over invoice 34773 for a prem, splash guard,trunk mat, (no Nav, no sirus)includes 500 over invoice and 650 freight. This seems high?
    invoice 30442
    prem 3016
    splash guards 101
    trunk mat 64
    500 over invoice
    650 freight= 34773
    add 100 doc fee, taxes 6.5% = 2266.75 and 26 bucks license
    Grand Total = 37,165

My question is everybody paying $650 freight charge?
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,511
    Yes, it's $650, non-negotiable & everyone pays it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    don't know where you live, how many dealers in a reasonable proximity, etc.

i'll tell you what I did, FWIW, pure internet shopping. used the edmunds get a quote page. had 3 dealers bid. had 1 who would only come down to $600 over invoice. The one i went with was at $100 over, with a free year's worth of service, free loaner, etc..so to me - it was an invoice deal.

get them bidding against each other on the web and go from there. look $500 over is not the worst offer. if you have only one dealer around you, then you may have to go out of geography. is that really worth it?
  • Options
    funokafunoka Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone have any expereince with Northern VA Infiniti dealers. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    vikramgvikramg Member Posts: 13
    I bought my G35 Sedan last year about this time from Rosenthal Infiniti in Tysons Corner. They were nice to work with. There was a $2000 manufacturer's incentive for prior year's model. So, I essentially got my G35 for about $2500 below invoice. I dont know if they have any incentives now. Arm yourself with Edmunds and carsdirect "real world" prices and you should get your G35 real close to invoice.
  • Options
    hdiazhdiaz Member Posts: 2
    For a 6MT-Premium Package I was quoted for $34500...

Englewood Infinity, NJ..

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    wtoyzwtoyz Member Posts: 2
    Hello All new to the coupe game.

This is what i'm working with I ordered a coupe 6MT fully loaded only thing I left out was the Sat radio didn't really care to have. So the dealer quoted me $39,900 with a 64% residual and putting Zero down only paying first payment and fee's ect.. so I gave them $1500 to order the car the way I wanted but the monthly payment was quoted $600 a month to me seems high anyone know if a good deal or is there something hiding from me that price of $600 a month 36 month lease 12,000 miles a year. Anyone getting around the same price on theses.

Thanks for the Help anyone.

Aaron ;)
  • Options
    jinwonjinwon Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 2006 G35x with premium package and navigation in the Chicago suburbs and was quoted $37,400 before tax at Fields Infiniti. With interest rate at 6.9%, seems rather steep. Any suggestions on getting a better deal?
  • Options
    needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Yeah, this seems high to me. Should be able to get this car for invoice. Try Infiniti in Lisle or in Orland Park.
  • Options
    linda2358linda2358 Member Posts: 1
    I currently own a Mazda RX-8. Want to trade it for the G-35 Coupe. Drove it! Love it! Does anyone have experience on how this vehicle handles in the winter. Such as normal amount of snow and wet roads. RX-8 is lousy in winter, could not even get it out of the driveway on a couple of inches of snow, was all over the road. Want a better handling vehicle without giving up the sports car ride. Just don't want to trade one problem in for the same problem. Thanks for any feedback........
  • Options
    rwd coupe is not known for its handling in snow. in general i have heard infiniti's are all over the place. i don't know how it would be if you put a set of good snows on it for the winter.

now the g35x, a different thing altogether. that is a fine snow machine, but that doesn't sound like what you want...
  • Options
    I doubt the problem was with the RX-8, though admittedly, it isn't a champ in the snow.. I'm betting that you have summer performance tires on it (18" wheels?).. Those tires aren't designed to be driven in snow... or even cold weather..

The G35 coupe would be similar, if it also has summer tires.. You need all-seasons at the very least..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 1
    Hi gang,

I've been indulging myself with all the great info on this site, and so I've requested offers from some Infiniti dealers in the DC metro area (using Edmunds function). I have one offer for G35 coupe with premium, sports, aero, and mats for $35,980. This is just from one dealership and another dealer will match (haven't heard from the third one). Is this good deal? :confuse:

TIA
  • Options
    krispyapplekrispyapple Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking around the Boston area for the 2006 g35 6mt coupe, and so far, the best deal I've found is the following:

34,380 which includes:
    premium package
    splash guards
    mats
    destination

This is about 28 bucks below invoice. Do you think I can go lower? Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    If you're talking about an automatic the invoice on this unit is $33,987. Which includes the holdback. You stated that $34,380 is $28 BELOW invoice. It's NOT. It's about ($33,987-$34,380) $393 ABOVE invoice. The previous post stated he/she was quoted $35,980 on a $39,080 (automatic) coupe. Invoice on this unit is $35,686. Which is about
    ($35,980-$35,686) $294 ABOVE invoice. The two quotes are in the same ballpark. looks like Infiniti is content selling these coupes for around $300 OVER invoice.
  • Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but the quote was for a 6MT. According to Edmunds, it is 34,408. Here's the breakdown (all prices are invoice):

Base $31,084
    Premium Package $2,850
    Painted Splash Guards $154
    Trunk Mat $64
    Destination $650

Total is $34,408. So unless I'm missing something here, I believe my quote of $34,380 is a bit BELOW invoice.

Anyway, I sealed the deal today. After reading many forums, I realized that the best deals for the 06 6MT is invoice. Thanks for all your help. I'm looking forward to driving it.
  • Options
    Good for you. I hope you enjoy your new ride.
  • Options
    Why is Edmunds so far off base with TMV their prices on the Coupe?
  • Options
    bigpuppybigpuppy Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

This might help - just leased a 6MT Coupe (Blk on Blk) @ VPP price (~$200 over invoice) for 24 mos and 15K/per. Residual was 69% with a money factor of .0022. For me it made a lot more sense than a 36 mo lease where residual quoted to me was 60% with a money factor of .00225, especially since I'm really waiting for the redesigned '08 coupe.

In all honesty, $39.9K sounds like $500 off MSRP so you can do much better. Of course it largely depends on where you reside, but from what I've been reading, on average people are paying $500 - $1000 over INVOICE. If you are in SoCal (where I used to reside) you may actually be able to do better.

That said, 64% residual for 36 mos is incredible but only if you are sure you will return it. I'd question, however, if that residual is really tied to the $39.9K selling price.

JB
  • Options
    girlhoogirlhoo Member Posts: 4
    I have been shopping for a 2006 G35 6MT and was offered this deal

40,680 MSRP
    37,776 Sale Price
    Premium Package
    Aero Package
    Navigation Package
    Rear Active Steer Package
    Satellite Radio
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Mat

2019 Down
    524/month + 6.5% tax
    36 month/15k miles
    .0029 money factor
    59% residual

Does this sound like a good deal or is there a national bank that would do better leasing?

Thanks,

Scarlett
  • Options
    joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20
    KrispyApple- can I ask which dealership you wound up going with in the area? I'm shopping around for an '06 automatic with sports suspension, aero kit, and premium. Infiniti Norwood gave me a quote of $3005 off MSRP, Quirk in Braintree said they could beat any price, and Kelly in Danvers said they would let one go for 'around that price' too.

Just curious who you wound up finding your deal with.
  • Options
    I decided to go with norwood. They seemed very upfront about the negotiations, i.e., they offered me invoice from the start. I just haggled to get a couple stuff thrown in for free. I think you can do even better than invoice if it's in stock. They had to transport my 6mt from NJ. Also, you want to keep in mind the quality of after-service that you will get with your dealer. I almost went with herb chambers infiniti since they were 100 bucks cheaper, but I read some horror stories about them online. I then looked up their reputation on the better business bureau website and it pretty much confirmed it. Best of luck with your search.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! The guys at Norwood offered me a 'limited time offer' with no definite deadline of $3,005 off all in stock g35s (coupe or sedan). That was just their initial offer, no haggling involved. Knowing that the car I want stickers for $39k on the nose, and invoice is just about $35.5k, I imagine I could get them to go that extra distance if they had one on their lot. Was looking to set up a new lease in April, might be doing it a bit earlier if they can get the right price...
  • Options
    hdiazhdiaz Member Posts: 2
    just bought an 06 w/ premium lakeshore.

34300 / Premium package..
  • Options
    Actually got quoted on a 24 month, 20k mile/year lease today:

2006 auto coupe
    Premium
    Aero
    Sport Suspension
    Lojack (don't really care for it, but it's preinstalled)

MSRP of $39,600
    Selling price of $35,600
    Residual of 69%
    Money Factor of .00220

Works out to payments of around $480/mo with only tax/title/license down (round about $1000).

I'm thinking that's just about as good as I'll get.

-Josh
  • Options
    pb512pb512 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a new 2006 G35 6MT Sedan, w/ Premium A, no Nav, w/ Splash Guards, w/ Trunk Mat (black/graphite). The forum helped me, so I thought I would share my experience as well.

I paid:
    Car w/ options and destination = 32,000.00
    Tax at 6.25% in Texas = 2,000.00
    Title = 33.00
    License = 72.30
    Inspection = 21.75
    Dealer's Inventory Tax = 73.12
    Document Fee = 50.00

Total out the door = $34,250.17

Also got the 2.95% finance rate - 60 month term (its posted on Edmunds)

I bought the car from Austin Infinti. I started by getting quotes online from dealers in Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. I asked for e-mails w/ itemized breakdowns of their prices. A few dealers wouldn't e-mail full itemized breakdowns, so they didn't get a chance to earn my business.

Grubbs Infiniti (near Dallas) had the lowest initial quote (32,695), and I basically negotiated back and forth between Grubbs and Austin. Grubbs was very pleasant to deal with and I almost bought from them. Austin started with a higher price (33,800), but after negotiating, they were willing to go lower than Grubbs, had the car I wanted, and were local.

I didn't think the Dealer Inv Tax and the Doc Fee were mandatory fees, but both Grubbs and Austin disclosed those fees in their e-mail quotes, and I'm happy with the total price. There were no surprises at closing.

Thanks for all the help from others who posted. I love my new car!
  • Options
    caramo62caramo62 Member Posts: 7
    Both of the Infiniti dealerships are owned by the same overall outfit, and Edmunds has TMV of the '06 MT Coupe right at sticker. I'm allergic to stickers though.

I once worked at a dealership for another make, and I heard a while back that one of the desk guys from that dealer is now at Infiniti, plus it looks like their internet manager also came from the sale dealership I worked at, so I'm kind of hoping prior acquaintance works for me. . .

But this whole TMV at sticker irritates me. The car has been out long enough that the initial flurry ought to have died down.
  • Options
    Don't get hung up on TMV- from my experience (and many others), at least for the g35 the TMV is way off. TMV in Boston is as sticker too- no dealership has even quoted me near sticker- at least $3000 off.
  • Options
    sullyaksullyak Member Posts: 30
    I am considering a G35 purchase. I have a question about what type of fuel people are using and their opinions. I don't mind the numbers that are being posted re: MPG but I'm wondering about the need for premium fuel. The salesman that I worked with said that you can use regular unleaded with no problem and that it was in the manual. He said that the premium fuel is only needed for "performance". Is that true? I don't want to damage the engine with the incorrect fuel. Thanks. By the way I loved the car!
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,511
    Even at 15,000 miles per year, the standard 0.20/gal delta between regular and premium will run you $200 per year at 15 mpg & $150 at 20 mpg.

The bigger issue is the fact that the G gets significantly worse fuel economy than its competitors, particularly the BMW 3. Then you can factor in the even worse fuel mileage you'll get when the knock sensor starts retarding the timing with 87 or 89 octane fuel.

Putting regular fuel in a G is penny-wise & pound-foolish, IMHO.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    I have an 05 G35x & use regular unleaded. Seeing 18-21 mixed town and freeway. 24-25 mpg on trips.

If you are really pushing the car and driving in hot climates I would be more inclined to put in premium.
  • Options
    sbsleonardsbsleonard Member Posts: 5
    Appreciate everything i've read thus far and could use some help on leasing. Here's my situation...

Using the VPP purchase plan, so the price of the vehicle isn't the problem. Residual is 57%, rate is 1.470, no security deposit.What i'm not sure of is all the extra fees...

Doc fee - $250
    License fees - $165
    Bank fee - $550

Are these high? Negotiable? Normally i'd buy, but we're leasing for the first time and i'm not sure what is negotiable...

Thanks in advance for your help...
  • Options
    Bank fee (aka acquisition fee).. Nearly all leases have this fee.. it goes to the bank.. I'm not sure of Infiniti's base fee, but $550 looks about right..

Doc fee... pure profit padding for the dealer... It used to be that the dealers weren't allowed to add fees like this to supplier program deals, but those rules have changed... You can ask them to take it off.. the only leverage you have is your feet (walking out the door).

License fees... If they are going to the state, then they are probably legitimate... anything the dealer keeps is not.. I paid $114 for all license/title fees on my last lease.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator