Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tech_arttech_art Member Posts: 33
    AWD great in N.E.
    performence and handling.
    style
    price. for value buyer(like me), stike them with G35 base model, decent price, a lot less than 325/330, and tons of stardard features. heated/pw -seat, MP3 player. etc.
    good luck!
  • Options
    mwhittmwhitt Member Posts: 69
    what is making me choose it. it is fun to drive. this thing is more of a hot rod, than its competition. it's got a touch of Nascar in those 280 ponies, as opposed to the refined european road racer of a BMW. don't get me wrong, i like both, but when i pop this gas on this thing it makes me think of the mach 1 and the z-28 of my distant youth. a little drag racing on 211 outside of rockingham. it has a throaty little roar that can push me a little bit back in my seat fwiw.
  • Options
    tech_arttech_art Member Posts: 33
    next time you have your car in service, try 35X in the rain...

the result, you will be trading in for a "X". and from that point on, all the cars you buy will have to be AWD. :)
  • Options
    loyleeloylee Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I live in Boston area. I just got a quote from a local dealer
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe
    - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
    - Cargo Area Cover
    - Premium Package
    - Trunk Mat
    - Aero Package

Suggested Retail Price - $37680.00

INTERNET DISCOUNTED PRICE - $33995.00

Do u guys think 33995 is a good price or should I push it lower say like 33500?
  • Options
    Anyway you can find the invoice for the 05 model. I think carsdirect.com still carries it.

I don't know how much that price is under invoice. People on this board have been saying at least $1500.

I wouldn't think the demand for rwd coupe would be that high in Boston at this time of year. If it were me, I'd off a couple of grand under invoice and start from there. heck that price might be that, I don't know.
  • Options
    I just checked that looks like the invoice price. Heck, I'm getting invoice for an '06 35x. I would think you could do better. I don't know the coupe market, but heck i'd be thinking more like $32K....
  • Options
    killerjkillerj Member Posts: 5
    I dont think that is bad. I have VPP and was quoted 34,350 for the same car. I'm trying to get the dealer below that price for an 05 and they wont budge.
  • Options
    slechslech Member Posts: 3
    I too bought from Duane Infinity of Denville NJ . Same experience, very good price at the start. I bought the 2006 g35 coupe back in November , 6MT, prem package,aero,Nav for 37,500. MSRP was $$40,000..
    See my previous post around early November.
  • Options
    slechslech Member Posts: 3
    my other posting was Oct 31..
  • Options
    I pushed it further and offered the internet sales manager $33000.
    Then he replied my email. He said $33695 was lowest price he could get me. I think I am gonna take it, since there are not many 05 6mt coupes left in Boston area.
  • Options
    I think the coupe market is little different. Reason maybe higher supply of sedans, but that is just a guess. Still, that is one heck of a deal if you could get the 06 35x at invoice. Congrats and good luck with ur 35x.
  • Options
    hphhph Member Posts: 3
    Please help...this will be my first car, and I definitely need some pointers on negotiating.

Is $31,300 +ttl a good deal for an '05 G35 Premium-packaged Sedan? I live in the Houston area.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,511
    If you haven't already, you certainly need to go to the portion of Edmunds that allows you to see the invoice pricing for the car, exactly as you want to configure it.

They also have a TMV price, which some take seriously. In any event, knowing how much money the dealership has in the car is the starting point. Often the dealer has other incentives available. Look for them.

If this sounds like too much trouble, and you really care about saving money, I'd suggest some more time learning about this stuff. If not. . .

He (or she) who cares least will ALWAYS win the negotiation. Knowledge is power.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    couple of things. go to edmunds check the pricing, then request quotes from local dealers in your area. look at the price differentials across.

also check carsdirect.com, go through their analysis exercise. you said sedan, i don't know the houston market, but i found a dealer in nj offering very close to invoice. start with the invoice price and negotiate up from there if you have to, but don't negotiate down from msrp. be willing to hold firm, be willing to walk away.

and really do let the internet sales managers negotiate for your business online. i found it to be a pretty good experience. of course, you should also try to do something to find out about the relative merits of the service departments, etc. make it a game where the goal is to keep as much of your money as you can. try not to reveal that you have fallen in love with a car either..and don't...
  • Options
    g35sedanmang35sedanman Member Posts: 1
    I have had my G35x for one year now, and I get about 20MPG city from April to October. Once the temp drops down to 40, the MPG drops to around 18. Temp drops to 30, MPG=17. Temp=20 and below, MPG=15. Why does the MPG drop by so much (20%) only because it gets cold? I know it takes a little more gas to get started in the cold AM, but once the engine fully warms up, it should not continue to run a rich amount of fuel to keep going.

I have always owned cars with the mechanical choke which started out with choke ON until it warmed up and the choke shut OFF. It seems like the G35 has the "choke" on as long as the outside temp is chilly even though my engine thermostat says it's normally warm.

The dealership says 15MPG in cold weather is normal. Do other owners in the northern states have the same experience as I?
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,511
    Warming up doesn't have only to do with the coolant -- warming up the oil is what gets the fuel mileage up where it belongs. It'll take most of an hour at highway speeds and longer than that around town.

"Back in the day," I equipped my MGB with an oil temperature gauge, prior to when I moved to Edmonton. It gets cold in Edmonton. I learned that it took as much as an hour after the coolant reached "normal" until the oil temp quit going up. Even at that, the stable oil temp when it's cold outside is lower than it is in summer.

This is much of why many of today's cars call for really low viscosity oil. The EPA standard drill may not allow (or require) a sufficiently long warm-up before measurements are taken. OTOH, a short (or no) warm-up is probably most representative of how most use their vehicles.

Oh, and don't forget the effect of having a broken-in engine. New engines are tight, which, combined with cold weather, can yield pretty disappointing results. This probably isn't your issue though, given that you've had your car a year.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    nyjklinnyjklin Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote yesterday on 06 coupe with navigation and rear spoier for $35050+tax. They offer to trade in my lexus (98 w/103500) for $6000.00 Is this a good deal???
    thanks for help
    BTW its a 06 Auto
  • Options
    sticker was $37700,
    bought it at $33500 plus Tax
    the thing that concern me is that it has 60 miles on it. The salesrep said it has been on a few test drives, since it is one of the last 05 6mt coupes
    Do you guys think it is fine with 60 miles on it. would there be damage done to the car? Say been abused?
  • Options
    I took all the advice mentioned...cars direct has some invaluable info.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    devildog7769devildog7769 Member Posts: 3
    Are you guys insane? $1,500 under invoice for an Infiniti? You do realize that you aren't talking about Fords and Chevy's right? The dealers don't have the kind of money that you all think they do, if you read Cardirect.com which is supposed to be your Bible and also Edmunds.com they are both saying that for an 05 G35 you should expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,000 over invoice, going into the winter time is a great selling season for dealers with AWD's left, there is no need to prostitute themselves.
  • Options
    devildog7769devildog7769 Member Posts: 3
    Correction, I am talking about an 05 G35x not just a RWD G35
  • Options
    chuckt2chuckt2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I am being quoted $400 over invoice for a left over 05 sedan in the boston area. this seems a bit high to me for a left over based on what i'm reading here. is anyone seeing prices below invoice? thanks for your help.
  • Options
    I live in boston area too. I just bought an 05 coupe for 1500 under invoice. Dealer is Norwood infiniti. Also Quirk has very competitive price too. More importantly their internet sales managers are both very helpful and straight forward. So I suggest you go to their website to request a quote or make an offer to them. Exchange a few emails with them and I think you may get one for at least 1000 under invoice.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    chuckt2chuckt2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. How do you like the car so far?
  • Options
    Just to be clear, i have a firm price for $100 over invoice for a 2006 35x with prem, sirius, splash guards, trunk mats in nj. another guy on this board got (3)quotes on the same car at invoice in the NY metro area. the worst i got was $600 over invoice for an '06. they also throw in the first year's service free.

it's month end, quarter end and year end, the triple witching hour so to speak.

i don't know the coupe market or the 05 market, but i have worked the 06 market to death in northern nj. fleet sales,with holdback and a few other things.

but on an '05, i would certainly press them. the carsdirect and edmunds prices are no good in my area. heck edmunds says msrp. you don't pay msrp for 3-series.
  • Options
    Car looks real good. Interior could have been better. The manual transmission is not very easy to get used to.
  • Options
    abuddy82abuddy82 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 G35 Coupe, at invoice price out the door. That included taxes tag and title. Basically I got them at 1500 below invoice. I've very happy with the deal I got Infiniti of Raleigh to give me. I was very pleased with the buying experience I've been on 4 car buying adventures this year and by far this was the most painless and one of the quickest I have had. It's an Ivory Pearl auto with the premium package. :) As I told my Dad when he asked me if I was happy with the deal I replied "Yes I got a Chevy price on an Infiniti"
  • Options
    hoffmanjhoffmanj Member Posts: 2
    mwhitt - Shoot me an email if you don't mind with the dealer names. I'm planning to buy a G35x this week and I'll be working with the same NJ dealers you probably talked to already. I can guess who the $100 over invoice dealer is based on a similar past buying experience with a G35 coupe in the middle of a snowstorm on the last day of February. :) I'm also hoping to play off the triple witching hour. Thanks!
  • Options
    dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    Does anyone know what the specific Manufacturer to Dealer Incentives are on the 2005 G35 Sedan right now? Carsdirect mentions that they exist, but does not give a specifc number. Anyone with any knowledge?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,986
    You can post dealership names, city and state right here..

Please read the information printed in red, for what is permitted..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I just purchased the car of my dreams. What a wonderful Christmas indeed!

Here's the lowdown:

Car bought: 05 Sedan w/ navigation
    Purchase price: $32,180 (MSRP was $37,180)
    Drive out (includes ttl): $34,462
    2.99% interest for 48 months!

Purchased at Grubbs Infiniti in Euless, TX. Entire purchase including test drive, negotiation, paperwork lasted less than 2.5 hours. Staff I encountered was friendly and not pushy...I am on cloud nine.
  • Options
    buyer777buyer777 Member Posts: 70
    An added winter factor is the introduction of MBTE (?) and related formula gas which seems to knock 2-3 mpg.
  • Options
    vinvipervinviper Member Posts: 11
    After a month and a half of searching I got my car.

Got it from a NYC metro/NJ dealer. Details:
    2006 Coupe fully loaded
    Premium
    Intelligent Key
    Sports Pacakge
    Navigation
    Trunk Mat

Got it for 37,100. This was slightly below the invoice of what 3 dealers were saying is there invoice. Talekd him way down as I had other dealer prices, Dad had a Jag from them and of course Edmonds and Cardiect stuff. The invoice on these sights however is about 400ish below what I got it for. Think I did well for an '06...def worth the incraese in residual value and of course the extra features it comes with that I like....bluetooth...intelligent key and better Nav system. Memory seats are a plus but i dont want many others driving it! :)
  • Options
    bww00bww00 Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote on an
    06 g35 coupe + sport+prem+ aero for 36,500, dealer said invoice was 35500.

How does this compare with what everybody else is seeing.

Thanks
  • Options
    killerjkillerj Member Posts: 5
    I've had a recent quote from some Philly dealers for an 05 6MT with Premium, Aero, Splash Guards and Trunk Mat for $33,000 + TTL. Thats about $1,300 below invoice and a heck of a deal.
  • Options
    nitromethanenitromethane Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any experience with the purchase of a 2006 G35 from Southwest Infiniti in Houston, Tx?
  • Options
    20thaeguy20thaeguy Member Posts: 12
    Is $35,867 for an 06 g35x Premium Nav a good deal? I have negotiated this at several dealers now. Any helpful into would be appreciated, thanks.
  • Options
    what else do you have on the car.

it may not mean much, but in NJ they are letting the G35x go for anywhere between invoice and about $600 over. i got a deal for $100 over.
  • Options
    20thaeguy20thaeguy Member Posts: 12
    and how much was $100 over invoice for you?
  • Options
    looks like you got a nice deal.

mine was 34675 (no navi), but trunk mat, splash guards, sat radio and premium...

i looked up the invoice for what you said you have and it looks like you are at $150 over, assuming you don't have the any of the other stuff.

if you got any of that, you're even better. congrats.

just make sure you ask them for the otd price to see if they are adding any nice little extras in beyond tt&l. :)
  • Options
    Was that an out the door price ??
  • Options
    no the out the door is 37.2 that is being quoted. I am going over now to work the deal

NJ - 6% sales tax and tag, lis. and reg fee. Looks like there is a couple hundred of something else in there to me. he wouldn't say what in the e-mail. may or may not be. these guys always have a way of trying to throw in some paperwork fees that are really straight to the bottom line. my bottom line calc would have said $37k flat. after i know what it is, i will decide how much fight i have left in me...
  • Options
    tocatoca Member Posts: 147
    That "couple of hundred of something" may be the dealer conveyance fee. This is pretty much non-negotiable these days based on the close to invoice prices we pay. I recently purchased a '06 G35x for $34,489 (premium c, wood package, splash guards, trunk mat). This didn't include conveyance and registration fee.
  • Options
    so how do you like it beyond the test drive? still think it is one of the better values in its class...
  • Options
    How does this look ?
    06MT g35 premium/aero
  • Options
    tocatoca Member Posts: 147
    Sounds like your scene is similar to mine. I live off a dirt road and up a hill so AWD was a requirement. Considered a Volvo and Subaru, but just thought the overall value of the G35x was better - plus I was dissappointed in my last couple of Subaru's.

Ride and handle is nice. Has some cool features too. One thing I find is that road noise is a tad more than I expected although my observation was with the radio/Cd player turned off. Need to drive it a bit more to see how it does in winter weather. Time will tell.
  • Options
    done, the deal was painless. $100 over invoice, plus tax, title, liscense. only one add on fee $124 document charge. i know there is margin in that, but i felt like i got a really good deal.

in addition, they throw in first years worth of service, which is just 3 oil changes, a tire rotation and a couple of other things. to me, that covers the $100 over invoice.

board was a big help. i would have thought the first deal was a good one initially and it was $600 more.

btw, i know the awd for winter is great on this. my sister in law has an '05 - lives on top of a mountain, twisty s-curve to the top. she lives many on the side of the road when the snow is bad...

if you're looking for an infiniti in northern NJ. I would do the internet surf with salerno in denville. pretty painless...
  • Options
    freshwaterfreshwater Member Posts: 92
    I need to get out from my lease for 2004 Maxima SL 22800 miles and a dent on the passenger door (cost to fix ~$800).
    I have finish 25 months out of 39 months. My payoff amount is 22500 and Kelly blue book is $18950.

Infiniti offer me this. They will buy me out on the lease.
    (they will be paying ~$3500 to buy out).

2005 G35 Coupe RWD Auto
    options: premium pckg= 2450 + spoiler free.
    Total Value of the vehicle = 35840 +tax +Acq fee = 37325
    48 months/560 per month 12000 Miles/yr.
    Residual value $18250.

DEAL OR NO DEAL.
  • Options
    jamming35jamming35 Member Posts: 1
    2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan auto Black/Stone: Premium Package2, Sport package, Trunk mat w/ space saver spare.

Invoice plus $500: :P $33539+tt@l

BigD-Sewell
  • Options
    mrdizlemrdizle Member Posts: 3
    several different sources recommend 7500 mile oil changes
    for the 2005 infiniti g35 coupe.

although my dealer said to come in at 3750.

what do you guys do?