Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brasmusbrasmus Member Posts: 4
    i purchased a 2014 awd mdx with tech in july from the dealer in boise idaho for 47000 incl dest.ask action jackson.
  • vensaivensai Member Posts: 6
    Got offers from DFW area MDX base OTD 43k state tax 6.25%
  • deanniedeannie Member Posts: 13
    Bought 2014 MDX w/Tech for Invoice +$1100 +$895 dest in early July when the MDX had just gone on sale. You should be able to do much better than my deal at this point. I bought at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg. Back then I made this offer, which they rejected at the time b/c they wanted MSRP or near to it, so I walked out, but before I did I told them to call me if they changed their mind as I was a cash buyer and was in no rush. Got the call and drove away w/new car the following weekend. Be prepared to walk, and you'll get your price. MDXes are not as hot as they were. They're volume cars for Acura, like Accords and Camrys are commodity cars for Honda and Toyota (unless you want a scarce model/color combo).

John (Jon?) was the salesman who helped me - he usually handles used cars but I dealt w/him b/c he helped me out when I first started looking at used MDXes. There's a large Acura dealer in no. VA. Try them if Rosenthal doesn't work out. Rosenthal and this VA dealership compete against each other as they are always battling it out for 3rd or 4th or 5th largest Acura dealer in the country, and thus trying to outsell each other in volume of cars to compete for new car allotment privileges. The more you know... Hope this helps.
  • rozenkristalrozenkristal Member Posts: 31
    Just want to ask, between white and black, which did you guys choose and why? I am pondering between these 2 colors.....
  • avikumarcaravikumarcar Member Posts: 4
    Dealer Radley Acura, VA : Price + Destination + Doc:45395+ GapInsurance:750 + taxes.

Is this a good price for 2014 AWD Tech ? Also 750 looks very high for GapInsurance?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    White will be much easier to keep clean AND (the reason I want it) you can the gorgeous Eucalyptus interior with it!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • rallycobrarallycobra Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a white/Eucalyptus Advance AWD. Through PenFed carbuying service, I was quoted a minimum of $4010 off MSRP at Montclair NJ Acura. Has anyone done better than this? MSRP is $57400 including the destination fee, so the price is $53,390 + tax, title, doc fee

I'm also interested in a trailer hitch with trans cooler and roof crossbars. Anyone have experience with prices on those?

I haven't seen small overlap crash tests, but after a google search, it seems like the new MDX aced the test and the results will be released in December. I also saw an interesting design .pdf on how the structure of the vehicle was redesigned. Sorry, I don't have the link handy. It has really pushed me towards the MDX, but I still want to take a quick look at Explorer Sport, Enclave, Q7 S-line. My GL lease is almost up, and it stickers at 75k with vinyl seats. If I option it up like the MDX, it is 90k. Sorry, no thanks MB!
  • vk323vk323 Member Posts: 2
    Just closed a deal in NJ. 2014 AWD tech&entertainment, just like the one you want. Got invoice+$600. They also managed to sneak in the $95 dealer detailing fee but I pushed back on the $199 "security guard" fee, so all in all paid $695 above invoice. Add registration, doc fee and state taxes, and it was $52,738 out the door.
  • navin1navin1 Member Posts: 6
    I am planning to buy 2014 MDX base next month. Please provide dealer's name. I am from Austin, TX. Thank you.
    There is only one Acura dealer in Cedar park. They offered me for 43000. But in Plano,Dallas I have come across a couple who paid 42,500 OTD. I live close to Austin. Let me know if you are interested, we can put a joint offer for 42,500. In general dealers in Austin, donot budge as they do in Dallas.
  • coolcoolvacoolcoolva Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

So is $46,625 without the accessories? Can you please tell whether the price of the accessories is also negotiable or it is whatever is the retail price is?
    Thx
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    I am looking for an MDX with tech package and AWD in the Seattle or surrounding areas. If any of you have received quotes or decent deals, please post here. I will do the same as I am seriously considering this vehicle. It appears to meet all my needs
  • coolguy875coolguy875 Member Posts: 2
    HI vensai, navin1,

I am also interested in buying acura mdx. I live in plano. I can also join your team to get the best deal OTD. Feel free to email me @criclover.g@gmail.com

Lets get the best deal guys :)
  • navin1navin1 Member Posts: 6
    coolguy & vensai,

I am thinking of making offer at the end of Dec. I have sent email to coolguy.
    Navin and coolguy
    I am interested in purchasing MDX base in next 2 months, preferably during Thanks giving, if i can get a good deal. if we put a combined offer, we can get a good deal. I emailed same to criclover.g@gmail.com
  • sfbaycarsfbaycar Member Posts: 2
    Can you post details of the dealership where you got this price and the salesperson? Thx
  • mdxsearchmdxsearch Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone please let me know the dealer & price paid for 2014 MDX w/Tech package in the Boston area? Any dealerships to avoid?
  • colovolcolovol Member Posts: 3
    What was the selling price that you negotiated?
  • pinkitehpinkiteh Member Posts: 14
    I'm also interested to getting one in Boston. Should perhaps pull our offer together to get a good deal.
    2014 Acura Base AWD for $42,185. Is this a good deal in the boston area?
    Has anyone bought the extended warranty since I was reading the forum about the MDX transmission problems? How much does it cost ? Is it worth it?
  • quackquackquaquackquackqua Member Posts: 6
    They quotes me 3200 for an 8 year 100k mile extended warranty. Got it down to 2400.
    Is it Acura warranty or some other third party kind?
  • raywrayw Member Posts: 9
    I got the same for 2100
  • raywrayw Member Posts: 9
    that's a great deal. I managed to get only 3000 off MSRP, including doc fees though.
    It's the acura-care extended warranty. This was in Northern California.
  • bostonqtbostonqt Member Posts: 4
    I got an e-quote of 42,371 and a Truecar quote of $43,038 for the 2014 base AWD at Acura of Boston. Is your quote from Herb Connolly Acura?
    We're planning to buy a 2014 AWD in the Boston area (most likely Acura Boston dealership) within the next few weeks -- is anyone else is serious and ready to go, please let me know. We're leaning towards Acura Boston because my husband bought his current MDX from them years ago.
    I'm planning to get one myself in the next few weeks too. So far I have gotten good price for Prime Acura North in Hampton. What price have they quoted you? They are running a special for 0.9% financing which make the base model attractive.
    Got this quote from prime Acura north thru their internet manager. Do you think this is a good price?
    AWD with tech = $47,060.
    $42185 is a couple hundred less than what I was quoted online -- looks good! I'm going to call the Acura Boston internet manager next week and see how much he can beat his own auto-reply e-quote. I'll post again then with new info.
  • sfbaycarsfbaycar Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Hi all,

We purchased a new 2014 Acura MDX AWD with Tech near Daly City for $46,500 incl $895 dest fee (excluding tax, title, and licensing). We received 60 month financing with 1.89% APR. Hope that helps with your car shopping. Thank you to all previous contributors who posted their purchase prices. My research on this site helped us negotiate a good price!
  • vk323vk323 Member Posts: 2
    I didn't care much for their selling prices, as I knew they'd be quoting me close to the MSRP. I just came in and told them the price I was willing to pay, based on the prices offerred through Costco's auto purchase program. In the end, I'm sure the dealer is fine with the sale, too, as it certainly makes money through things like doc fees plus whatever I pay above invoice (maybe even more), and I get the car I want knowing I'm not being ripped off. I think it would have been possible to knock off another $100-200 off my purchase price but that would have required me to walk away, wait for their call and come back to close the deal. I didn't want to waste time doing that.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    I love Edmunds for prices paid discussion. I have bought several cars after gaining info here including my wife's 2006 MDX. It's now time for a new one.

It would be helpful for me (and others) if you could post how much below MSRP all of you are buying for. It's the easiest way for buyers to see trends by looking at approximate percentages off MSRP. Plus, people should mention if they have a trade in (details don't matter) as that can totally alter a deal and make it apples to oranges.

Also, you should specify if buying a 2013 or 2014 since there are differences in pricing, obviously.

Any great Acura financing deals out there now?

Lastly, I am really in a quandary between Advanced and non-advanced. Would be curious why any of you chose one v. the other.

Thanks in advance for all the help my fellow MDX shoppers and I look forward to posting my pricing once I buy.
    I just bought 2014 AWD Tech and Entertainment for $2000 below MSRP. A couple of dealers offered $500 below MSRP for the Advanced. Serramonte verbally offerred $2000K below MSRP on Advanced, but I think they were just playing a game to get another buyer to commit ("I have another buyer ready to pull the trigger!"). There is so little supply in the Bay Area the dealers don't seem to feel much pressure to discount.

I went with Tech & Ent rather than Advanced basically on cost for the features. I liked the 9 inch screen better than the 16 inch because I don't have two kids, so I'd rather have one big screen than two smaller screens. Some of the Advance features, like the roof rails, back-up sensors, and remote start, you can get as accessories for a few hundred a pop. And the mechanism for running the venilated seats was a little loud. It came down to about $4K difference for CMBS, lane assist, front parking sensor, HDMI input for the DVD, and perforated leather. Not worth it to me, although it was fairly close. It also helped that I liked the dealer that was offering the Tech & Ent much better than the dealer that was offering the Advance.
    Congrats on your new MDX!!
    I am also looking for the AWD with Tech in VA area. The $46,500 includes dest fee. Is any other fees also included? In Virginia one of the dealer quoted extra dealer processing fee of $499. So please let me know if any other fees or charges is included or are they extra. Did you get any free goodies like complementary services/oil changes etc?
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    I just bought one in NJ for 41500. I think you can get a few more hundred off your price.
  • shravancshravanc Member Posts: 14
    Can you please tell who the dealer was, I am looking for one
  • nopssnopss Member Posts: 2
    Need help from experienced MDX'ers, considering 2011 MDX Tech w/ Res. 35.5 K with 18.7 K miles. This vehicle includes running boards and side molding along with an all weather mat in the cargo area only. In service date 12/12/10 which leaves one year on manufacturers warranty plus an additional year for CPO. The dealer offering the vehicle was the original seller who just took it in a week ago. Additionally they offered an extended 2 year warranty at $ 1,200.00. Not desperate, but I owe a call first thing in the morning. Any advice pro or con would be appreciated.
    This is prime Acura north in NH. I am holding out for a little more off. Good luck and tell me what your final deal is.
    Thanks for the moral support. I am holding out for exactly what you got. Just holding tight for now.
    Thought you mentioned getting in nJ
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Acura of Denville. Ask for Frank. Smooth transaction. Almost everything done via email.
  • tk17tk17 Member Posts: 6
    Got an email from Chevy Chase Acura for a 2014 MDX AWD for $39,385. It does NOT include destination (895) and processing fee (200). MSRP was $45,185. FYI
  • mavsoxmavsox Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I used this forum to do my homework and thought I would share what I ended up with for a price on an MDX TECH AWD in Boston 15k per year 36 months. Any thoughts or questions welcomed.

MSRP: $49,460
    Negotiated Price: $45,500
    Money Factor 0.0017
    Money Down: $3,000
    Monthly Payment: 526.34
    Monthly Payment plus MA tax of 6.25% : $559.24
    Does have a "turn in fee" of 350.00 that was snuck in on me..
    If you could me know your name which I can use as reference that would be helpful, you can send private message to my email shravanc at gmail dot com, in case if you do not wish to say your name here in the forums.

Thanks for your help.
  • automanic101automanic101 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing. That seems pretty good to me. I am in the DC area and hoping to get a Tech in the low forties. . .. hopefully before the end of the year.
  • automanic101automanic101 Member Posts: 2
    If it is acura certified, seems fine, nice low mileage. Ask them for a list of repairs done (to get it to CPO).

Used MDXes are a good bargain these days.
    I was shopping for 2011/12/10 MDX earlier, but after taking a deeper look at '14 specs, decided to just save more money and go for 2014 Tech.