Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    Acura_DudeAcura_Dude Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased a 09 MDX with Tech package for $38K + ttl. Just wanted to see if this was a good deal or not. Live in the Washington DC area....

Thanks...
  • Options
    etomidateetomidate Member Posts: 14
    We got the MDX Tech with no other added options except whatever it comes with...I feel, like most in this post, that the options would add unnecessary cost to the vehicle. All the options could be bought aftermarket and added for a deep discount.

Most are simple to add on such as running boards, but you have to ask if your time is worth the amount to add the stuff. Roof racks, body molding, mud flaps, etc.

All dealers are hurting and I wanted to be somewhat fair with my pricing. If you haggle and wait until after Christmas, you may get a better deal. If you google the acura torrence import area via satellite images, you can see a whole fleet of acuras, hondas, mercedes, bmws, etc. all just waiting for the dealerships. In my opinion, I echo the thoughts that many have on this forum...the deals will only get better as the inventory builds up. If you can wait another month...maybe even more, you will get much better deals...The rebate is currently $2000, the holdback another $500-750.

As Acura needs to move the cars, the rebate will get bigger maybe even $3000 next month after the dismal performance this month of Dec. So if you can wait a month or so, you can save even bigger money...You may even get better financing...currently it is 0.9% up to 36 months or 2.9% up to 60 months. The prices might not go down, but the financing may get better...0% up to 60 months? That's free money. If it gets really bad as the units don't move in Dec. (Acura has to pay for the materials, storing the cars, workers salaries, etc), they have to have some cash flow, so might offer bigger rebates and better financing.

Makes sense...however, we needed the car this week as our other car got demolished in an accident. If we rented a car for a month, the savings would be a wash.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    LakisisLakisis Member Posts: 1
    I paid 35k + TTL yesterday.
    ask dealership again u can get it.
    I'm in NY
  • Options
    way2acuraway2acura Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dude,

Congrats on your new MDX, guess thats a great deal. I live in northern VA area, looking for a good deal on 09 MDX w/ Tech package. Do you mind revealing the dealer information where you got this nice deal.

Thanks
    Way2Acura
  • Options
    vannerphamvannerpham Member Posts: 7
    thanks etomidate! i'm actually heading down to torrance this weekend...maybe I'll check out prices down south and will post offers.
  • Options
    jefbakjefbak Member Posts: 19
    I live in Massachusetts and I bought a certified 2005 MDX in Connecticut last week (7 days ago now). I have not been able to pick up the car because the dealer says they are still waiting for the title.

Should it take this long for the title process?
  • Options
    jefbakjefbak Member Posts: 19
    I did the same thing. Ended up getting a certified 2005 MDX over the pilot for $19800 for a Touring model with NAV and RES dvd, 56K miles. I took advantage of the finance incentive as will 2.9-4.9%

Only problem is I live in MA and bought the car in CT last week and I still waiting to pick it up because they are still waiting for the title! So now my fingers are crossed that this is all going to work out...
  • Options
    i4gotmyidi4gotmyid Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    i4gotmyidi4gotmyid Member Posts: 4
    sorry about the previous blank post.

I can get for about $31k OTD

2007 MDX w/ Tech 26000mi not certified factory remaining warranty (2years left)
    or
    2008 MDX Base with 15000mi Certified (7 year, 100000mi)

I dont mind either car, but I would like to know which is the better deal...I'm a sucker for a bargain, but cant tell with either car. The cheapest new 2008 base I've found is $36k OTD. is $5k worth 15k miles? I figure it is as I still get a 7 year warranty.
  • Options
    jpackianjpackian Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,

I got a quote from NJ dealer for 2009 MDX + Tech Package: $37,740 + Destination + Tax + Registration. Do you guys think this is good or can I still bargain?
    thanks,
  • Options
    how much should i offer for a 2009 mdx sport w/ entertainment? Carsdirect.com quoted 43.2K (including destination). I'm headed down to LA this weekend where the prices are a bit better than the SF bay area (1.2K cheaper).
  • Options
    I didn't get any options other than the ones that are included with the tech package. I was able to get the dealer to include 3 FREE oil changes.. That's about it...
  • Options
    Way2Acura,

Got it at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    May be shoot for 500 to 1000 below carsdirect price

If you are in LA area check out Acura of Mission Vijio (ZIP 92626)..Go to the website and request a quote...

I dealt with them in sept. Very simple and st. forward process...no gimmicks
  • Options
    pedro_kimpedro_kim Member Posts: 2
    Tranav,

In response to your question: 09 Base with no options. $37,643 out the door including all taxes, licenses, fees, etc. @ Acura of Mission Viejo.
  • Options
    LansdowneLansdowne Member Posts: 1
    Acura Dude,

I am also in NoVa looking at Pohanka, Rosenthal, etc.

Can you tell me what your total out of door cost was?
  • Options
    etomidateetomidate Member Posts: 14
    Remember to ask for OTD (out the door pricing) which should include destination charges....OTD + TTL is a better way to compare prices IMHO. Dealers usually tack on $750 or so for the destination charge. What the hell is that charge anyway? I mean the car is already there and why should we pay the charge. They can't sell it if it isn't there.

$37,740 + $750 Destination charge comes to $38,490.

It's a fair price, but wait until the 26th when the dealers don't make their unit sales for the month and they'll do anything to move vehicles. Remember the dealers can't get more cars from Acura if they don't move the merchandise. Also their short term loans are making the cost more expensive to hold.

Remember they won't sell for a loss however, they are now willing to take very little to no profit on these cars.

I think you can do better. Someone post $38K on this post. That is amazing that they got it for that price. A fire sale is going on.
  • Options
    Thanks etomidate.
    As suggested I'll go on the 26th and see if I could get it for $38,000.00 including the destination.
  • Options
    dyc3dyc3 Member Posts: 6
    Want to thank you for the advice. Purchased 2009 MXD sports for $40,155 + TTL with free wheel locks from Los Gatos Acura with 0.9% for 3 years $100 down. The lowest price was also from Serramonte Acura and Los Gatos matched the price.

Very professional and quick. They drove 50 miles to deliver the car to me. Would definitely buy from Los Gatos again.
  • Options
    I stopped by Los Gatos this morning and got the price down to 42,350 +TTL for the Sport/Entertainment. What do you guys think of that price?
  • Options
    maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    Just got an email from the Acura dealership in Winnipeg, All MDX vechicles are discounted $10,000 and 1.9% financing is available. This is their year end sales push as the email says pricing is good until 12/31/08.
  • Options
    CaChrisCaChris Member Posts: 1
    Wow - even with (higher) Canada pricing that is great. So both 08 leftovers and the 09s are discounted 10k from, what, MSRP? So a base 09 MDX at $42k could be at $32 here in the US?
  • Options
    ok, got them down to $42 for the sport/ent. I think that's the lowest I can get it, so gonna go pick it up today...unless someone thinks I can go even lower. btw, this forum has been so much help.
  • Options
    maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    There are no 08 's left and Canadian pricing is a lot higher. Base model MSRP is $54355 including destination. Less $10k would be $44,355 Canadian which is about $36,400 US$.
  • Options
    Ended up getting the sport/ent. for 41,850. The people are Serramonte Acura were really great to work with and highly recommend them. I started to hate car shopping because all of the pushy salesmen...but Serramonte was quite the opposite.
  • Options
    Got the MDX Tech + PTG for 41,649.00 Out of the door. May not be the best price but I am satisfied. Thanks etomidate and all who have shared their buying experiences. I could see the salesmen pushing the MDX - base for more than this price to unsuspecting customers. Without this forum I might have easily paid couple of Gs more.
  • Options
    38K plus ttl. I live in md so the tax was 6%... so total was about 41K...
  • Options
    dol1dol1 Member Posts: 8
    Looking to buy before end of year and wondering what is a good price> :confuse:
  • Options
    a_kikoa_kiko Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm planning to visit and probably buy the same car tomorrow from Springfield Acura. Can you confirm the above price? What was the total price w/ destination, tag and taxes? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    fieldsefieldse Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have any recent pricing deals they can share with me on either a 09 MDX Base or MDX with Tech package in the Chicago/Milwaukee area?
  • Options
    me0000me0000 Member Posts: 11
    any idea what differential to expect on a 2008 vs. 2009? I know Acura's dealer incentive difference is $2000 but would expect a bigger differential than that at this time of the year. thanks for feedback.
  • Options
    windstar_lemonwindstar_lemon Member Posts: 1
    Walked away from a 2005 MDX Touring with 22k miles today after dealer (Bridgewater NJ) agreed to $21k; offered 4.9% on 5 year financing. Friend warned that Edmunds.com suggested $19k was the right price. Thanks!
  • Options
    AaronAaron Member Posts: 11
    Congrats! Was that with the entertainmant package, and was that out the door?
  • Options
    Did you get with the entertainmant package?
  • Options
    There isn't not much of a difference between the 2008 and 2009. I had wanted to get a 2008, but the dealers that actually had some in stock were overpriced dealers.

1) I think the PTG is just standard with the 2009 tech/sport.
    2) I believe there are some differences in color selections.

Just wanted to note that I was not too impressed with the LCD resolutions on the NAV and DVD entertainment system. Not too concerned about the NAV, as it is very easy to use and lets you enter addressed while driving. But the DVD resolution was a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    hp88hp88 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

--- I was quoted $36K for 2008 w/Tech (Loaners) approx. 10-15K miles at East Brunswick.
    --- I also found another dealer who quoted me $37.5K for demos with 5-6K miles from Ocean Acura.
    --- Bridgewater, Springfield don't have any.

I'm willing to drive 100 miles (maybe more) to get a better deal.

What do you think of the prices offered? Any other locations that have them? I presume, demos are better than loaners.

Thanks,

HP.
  • Options
    goneflyngoneflyn Member Posts: 13
    Try DCH Acura (Montclair, NJ). They seem to be making great deals. I just leased an 2009 Base MDX for $517 /month (3 yr lease w/ 15K mi) with a sale price of $34,569. Ask for Donna Telesco.
  • Options
    EandOHEandOH Member Posts: 24
    What would be a good price to pay for an '09 MDX w/TECH Pkg? Is under $39,000 incl destination charge (excluding taxes & title) available? I'm located in the SE.

FYI, not many '08's left. The few I've found are either loaded with extras or have an Entertainment package.
  • Options
    cromwellsquarecromwellsquare Member Posts: 7
    I got a price of $40,999 for a Tech with Entertainment 2009 but they only wanted to give me $6000 for my 2001 Audi allroad. All the places i went to would only give me $6000 for it. I bought a 2008 Mdx Sport with Entertainment with 18,000 miles for $36,999 but they also gave me $8000 for my car. I think I got a pretty good deal. Best price for a new Sport with Ent was around $43,000. I have read better prices here but in Connecticut they are still pretty hard to get down. Good luck.
  • Options
    wdomwdom Member Posts: 2
    We got it for 35,700 OTD (included tax and all fees) in MD about 3 weeks ago. Did I get a fair deal? Thanks!
  • Options
    marutimaruti Member Posts: 9
    Congrats on your new vehicle. That's a great price!

Can you confirm if this out of door or was TTL extra on top of this? Also is this with Ent package i.e. sports + ent? I haven't heard that price in entire SOCal (LA & around) area! Can you tell me the contact person with whom you dealt at the dealership? I don't mind driving up north to buy if the prices are that good :)!

Happy new year to all.
  • Options
    gco13gco13 Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

Just wanted to post for informational purposes. This forum is great and has been a huge help.

In Massachusetts I have been able to get several quotes this week for between 41600 and 41700 for a 2009 tech + ent + running boards and roof rails.

Has anyone done better than this? If so, where?

Any advice on getting out of a lease early? I still have a few months on an existing lease and was really just looking around until I started seeing great prices.

Thanks all!
  • Options
    Check with Donna Telesco at Montclair Acura (NJ)...... they have very aggressive pricing. 38,399 tech+ent. Three other dealers in Jersey would not beat that price.
    Deals are go thru 01/05.
  • Options
    klenjklenj Member Posts: 23
    Just purchased a 2009 MDX Tech today at Ramsey Acura, NJ.. Paid 38,400.
    I contacted DCH for Teck Pack and they quoted 39,200. I am upset if I could have got the ent package for the same price at DCH.
  • Options
    rbc1942rbc1942 Member Posts: 4
    What is PTG again? I forgot. Thanks.
  • Options
    rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    PTG Power Tail Gate
  • Options
    dol1dol1 Member Posts: 8
    I'm ready to buy an 2008 MDX TECH with PTG. how much should I offer? :confuse:
  • Options
    klenjklenj Member Posts: 23
    I purchased a 2009 MDX with Tech yesterday at Acura of Ramsey NJ for 38,400. Plus tax and Reg fees. I may off been able to shop for a little better deal but was satisfied with 2600 below invoice. I was ready to buy an 08 demo with 10k miles for 35,000. just a month ago. Sales person told me Honda was given dealership 2000. back until 1/5/09.
  • Options
    boston09boston09 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone gotten better than 36.5K for a 09 mdx base? I am in the boston area. How about on Tech/Ent?
  • Options
    goneflyngoneflyn Member Posts: 13
    I just leased an 09 Base MDX with a negociated price of $34,569; 36mon w/ 15Kmi. in northern NJ.