Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    Damn, I must’ve got a good deal when I bought. I bought mine last June and through a combination of haggling and rebates, got $3,100 off sticker AND 0% for 60 months.
  • Options
    jeffm2jeffm2 Member Posts: 16
    Is this just on the sedan, or also the Wagon and Hatch?

Thanks

Jeff
  • Options
    ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    The only thing thats seems to be increasing is the recalls and tech bulletins on the 2003.I hope all the kinks are worked out on the 2004's. I know this happens alot on 1st year models.
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    cheese....well, everything depends on the dealers need or desire to sell a car. If they are low on inventory and feel the next guy will pay more, there is no reason to give it away. Also, if your an 800+ credit bureau score I can get 2.9% buyrate thru a non-mazda bank and keep the dealercash. But, there are not many 800's out there.

ramped....when the mfg comes up with incentives it has nothing to do with tax refunds, but inventory on the ground, daily sales rates and direct competition.

jeffm...sedan and hatch, wagon has no cash, just rate.
  • Options
    mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Are they offering 0% for 36 months on the 5-door?

If so, this is as good for me as the previous 2.9% for 60 months and $500 cash, maybe better. :)
  • Options
    yes...0% for 36mo.
  • Options
    good through June 30
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Cutemorganite, you probably meant to post that in either our general Mazda6 discussion or our Mazda6 Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion. You might want to copy and repost since this discussion is specifically about the prices people paid for their MZ6's and what they experienced in the buying process.

Hope it works out well for you - keep us posted.
  • Options
    cutemorganitecutemorganite Member Posts: 37
    I was looking for that post, I didn't realize I put it in the wrong place, thanks!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    peter1cpeter1c Member Posts: 5
    WHAT IS UP WITH MAZDA????? WHY NO CASH REBATES? DO THEY REALLY THINK PEOPLE WANT TO BUY A MAZDA WITH ALL THE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS THEY HAVE? I WAS GOING TO BUY ONE UNTILL THEY PULLED MOSTLY ALL THE INCENTIVES.:(
  • Options
    So your saying that you will buy a car with a transmission problem if you get a rebate?

Also, can you be specific about all the transmission problems your talking about?
  • Options
    There are still cash rebates on the 6. It's 1500 until the end of june.
  • Options
    cheesehead6cheesehead6 Member Posts: 68
    From what I can gather, since April 1st Mazda has continued the $1500 rebate for most of the country, but has taken it away in the Eastern US. Don't know whether this is the whole east coast, but for sure a lot of it.

Peter in New York was screaming because,in fact, for him there are no more rebates. It's very bad manners to scream on-line, and frankly I don't know what he's talking about by yelling about bad transmissions, but Peter did get a shock on April 1st. He just got carried away a little.

It was mentioned on this thread recently that, at least in some of the states in which the rebate was yanked, it was replaced by up to $1500 manufacturer-to-dealer cash. In other words you can still get up to $1500 off, but you have to try to talk the dealer out of it. If they won't give it up you have to go to plan B and take the cheap financing.

I think I got this right...
  • Options
    Are you referring to the customer cash incentive that ended 3/31 or the dealer cash incentive for 4/1 through 6/30?
  • Options
    I live in FL,and the same cust. cash rebate that's been available is still going on.I guess this ongoing incentive is not a national thing.I also have a 2004s with the 5 auto and have not had or heard of any Trans. problems at all,which was mention in another post.
  • Options
    rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    ancient history and referring to the infamous 4-cylinder -Ford tranny combo that was a problem 10 years ago.
  • Options
    peter1cpeter1c Member Posts: 5
    Actually I have a very good friend who is a mechanic, alot of his business comes from the new mazda's. He does warranty repairs by the way, and the S models after about 15000 miles starts to have major alignment problems. Do some research online on these issues and you will find a lot of message boards and user comments about these issues.
    I do think it is a great car, it has great looks and great features. I am trying to find out if the tranmsmission problems are gone from the 6. But why would I buy a Mazda for lots of features when I can get a much more reliable Nissan Maxima, or even a 230 series mercedes?????
    This is why I was puzzled when they pulled the incentives until basilly July! Price is way too high for a Mazda! And why take away incentives when Mazda sales are so low.... What do you see on the rode. Mostly nissan and honda. If they want people to buy they need to convince people they are getting a good price. 0% for 36 months!!! Come-on that is absolutely rediculous. The dealership looses pretty much no money on 0% deals. And Ive been to several Mazda dealerships and they will not budge!
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Before we get too sidetracked from Prices Paid, let me suggest that the transmission questions be taken to our general Mazda6 discussion, or any other appropriate one. You can list them using the Make/Model search on the left side of the page.

Thanks!
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    ????????????

Mazda is not Hyundai or Kia.
    It makes great cars, for the enthusiast people.

If u just want a cheap vehicle, I would suggest u go to the ones I mentioned previously.

And what alignment problems are u talking about?
    I am suscribed to 3 Mazda6 discussion boards and a couple of the early 2003 have had alignment problems. I attribute them to the first year first months production errors. They should and would be fixed under warranty.
  • Options
    The 0% financing costs the dealer nothing, as this subsidized rate is offered by the manufacturer.

I hope your friend works at a Mazda dealership if he's doing Mazda warranty work.

A Max or 230 will cost you way more than a Mazda6.

If you can't get a dealership to budge, then you aren't a very good negotiator, or maybe they know you aren't really a serious buyer so they don't bother with it.

How many Mazda6 s units are there out there with over 15000 miles? It must be a large number if your friend has seen so much in on these high mileage cars with alignment problems. And why is he reporting the alignment problem with only the s model?
  • Options
    buggywhipbuggywhip Member Posts: 188
    A dealer emailed me this wk to inform me that the $1500 incentive applies to the Mazda6 until end-June. I live in MA. I don't think it applies to hback, maybe not to certain other models. But definitely applies to 4cyl stick w/o sports package.
  • Options
    cheesehead6cheesehead6 Member Posts: 68
    Huh. Edmunds shows only the college grad rebate of $500 for your area. Otherwise it's cheap financing/dealer cash. Maybe Edmunds is wrong, but one New England dealer on this board actually reported in detail on the situation obtaining in his area, which I believe is CT: no $1500 customer cash, but dealer cash (if you could get it) or cheap financing.

The other possibility is that your dealer is offering you the dealer cash and continuing to call it a rebate? If so, it doesn't matter what it's called; take it.

I admit to being puzzled now.
  • Options
    We always need to distinguish between customer incentives and dealer incentives, otherwise it confuses people.
  • Options
    buggywhipbuggywhip Member Posts: 188
    Yes, perhaps it's not a rebate after all, but is dealer cash. Hey, money is money. I'm hoping to get a good deal on a base 6i this Fri. It may fall thru, who knows?..........if I may offer an opinion based on my 6-shopping: I think Mazda would be well served to drop the 4cyl from the 6. Everyone wants the 6 cyl, it seems. That must be one sweet engine.
  • Options
    carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    Mazda sales have been up for 6 straight months. Mazda sales are not low. About Honda and Nisaan I like Honda but Nissan I think too much cost cutting was done in their interiors of late. About the Mercedes your saying how Mazda has problems like crazy. From the reliability ratings I have seen from JD power and Consumer Reports the average Mazda is more reliable than the average Mercedes is. Lastly, what you see mostly on the road are Honda's and Nissan's and Mazda's are not really popular because they are not associated with reliability(not yet anyway.)
  • Options
    dsmdsm Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2003 mazda 6i with 9,000 miles. I paid $15,000 and then foolishly added an alarm for $400, tax and nonsensical dealer fees.

It's pretty basic -- the driver's side power seat seems to be the only add-on -- but it's almost exactly what I wanted.

Hope this helps another shopper.
  • Options
    6-S 5-door Invoice was 24291.
    Lapis Blue
    Bose
    Moonroof
    Luxury
    SAB/SAC

My deal was for Invoice plus $500 for a car on order that was about a month from delivery. Another dealer in Wa. got in a duplicate and paid and extra $200 for the dealer to send a driver and trade for it to get it now. Got the $1500 rebate and the college grad.

If you are in Central Washington check out McCurley Dealerships in Pasco Wa. I went through the internet sales dept, and had the $500 deal in about 3 emails.
  • Options
    Was that 24,791 minus rebates plus tax,or including rebates? I paid total for the sedan 22,500 plus tax which was 6s,auto,sport package,lux.package,Bose,SAB,moonroof,cassette,wheel locks and cargo net.
  • Options
    24291 + 500 -1500 rebate-500 college grad rebate

for 22791 plus $200 driver fee to trade with another dealer plus tax and license.
  • Options
    Not a bad deal.I also realize that even though you don't have as much content in your car as the one I bought,the 5 door still costs about $1200 more then the sedan. Good luck.
  • Options
    sweetsixteensweetsixteen Member Posts: 40
    Including a 5.1% sales tax, would it be possible to get a 6s hatch with bose, luxury, the works basically for around 24000?
  • Options
    READ MSG. 654
  • Options
    Actually the difference between a sedan and 5-door with the same equipment is about $700.
  • Options
    Your right.I didn't take in to account that the spoiler is standard on the 5 door and not on the sedan.
  • Options
    pl8sterpl8ster Member Posts: 5
    I'm pricing out a 5-door 5MT 6i here at Edmunds, only options are Bose and wheel locks (good luck finding one in the real world, right?), and it's giving me a price of $19,489 which is less than the invoice price of $20,231. I know there's $1500 marketing cash to the dealer but is it true that a car that has just hit dealer lots can sell for under invoice? I'm stumped...seems like with sales of the 6 being brisk, this is actually a mistake.

I'm in Maine, btw...should specify since it appears that the cash is sometimes region-specific.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a mistake. The Mazda3 is flying off the lots, the Mazda6 is just jogging off. :)

Where I live the 5door isn't really selling any faster than the sedan. The first two 5doors they got at my local dealer sold real fast, but now the novelty has worn off and they're not moving that fast. Even the first (and only) wagon they got is still sitting there after 3 weeks.

The friendly sales people would like you to believe otherwise to get the selling price up, though.
  • Options
    pl8sterpl8ster Member Posts: 5
    Okay, so the $1500 marketing cash is good on the 5-door but not the wagon...they say that the marketing cash cannot be combined with special APR. They list a 2.9 APR for 60 months - so anyone know what APR I'd be looking at if I took advantage of the cash?
  • Options
    You can do pretty good if you get the right financing. The last time I checked, I could get 3.24% through CostCo.
  • Options
    ebeneben Member Posts: 26
    Yesterday I bought a 2004 Mazda6 wagon, squall blue, gray interior, luxury package, sport package, Bose package, auto trans, moonroof, and SAB/SAC. MSRP (including freight) $27,740. I paid $25,073 + $200 ad fee + $200 + $99 processing; with taxes and tags the OTD price was $26,400. I think I got a bargain in the current market, and regardless I just love my new car. It's the finest automobile I've ever owned. The people at Fitzgerald's Mazda are great; very low-key, no-pressure sales style. In the Washington-Baltimore region they can't be beat!
  • Options
    carguy04carguy04 Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone know if Mazda's S-Plan price is the invoice amount, or an amount lower than invoice?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    According to the invoice we were shown for our Mazda6 the S-Plan price was slightly below the dealer invoice.

That surprised me because the X-Plan price on the Focus SVT I was looking at, and on our Escape were slightly higher than the dealer invoice.

I don't know if that is standard across the board.
  • Options
    howard2dot0howard2dot0 Member Posts: 45
    I read somewhere that there is a $2500 cash rebate for 2003 Mazda6. Any truth to that?
    Also, am I insane to think that I might be able to buy a 6i sedan with manual transmission, ABS and Side Impact Airbags under $18000 in Houston, TX?
  • Options
    The 03 MZ6 had a $2,500 rebate over the holidays and if there are new ones on the lot, they probably still have the rebate.

However, I would never consider buying a new 03 now. The 05s are going to be out in a couple of months, and there is no way a dealer can take enough off the price of a new 03 car to make this worth while for you. The depreciation the day you drive it off the lot will be staggering.

The only way I would buy an 03 now is used.
  • Options
    howard2dot0howard2dot0 Member Posts: 45
    thanks for the advice against buying a new 2003, ramped.
    hadn't thought of that.
  • Options
    You really think the 05's will be out by July?
  • Options
    Rich (audia8), who is a Mazda salesman, would know a lot more about the 05 introduction date. I was just ballparking a couple of posts above. I would guess the 05s will hit the ground in August or September at the latest. You out there, Rich?
  • Options
    hboydhboyd Member Posts: 98
    Mazda usually begins sales of new model year cars in October/November. There are a few exceptions of course but this is typical. My '01 Protege ES didn't hit the lots until about mid-January '01!

I expect the MZ6 to follow the typical pattern. I'm waiting until summer to purchase my 4th Mazda -- a MZ6 Wagon! We should see some good cash incentives toward the end of MY.

MARTIN
  • Options
    I know I will be buying a 6 in the late June to early July spectrum. From common sense and listening to these posts, I have determined I will get it late July because of inventory rollover. How much difference in price do you think it would make buying it end of June or early July?
  • Options
    we are still ordering 2004's ...and domestic build cars are 3 months from order to delivery.
    So we are a ways from 2005's
  • Options
    billobillo Member Posts: 4
    I've a Mazda $250 certificate, willing to let go for $100.
    Billo, houston