Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra - How much did you pay?

Comments

• mark116mark116 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks a lot. You confirmed my suspicions. Gulf States seems to 'pad' the sticker more that needed with fees and options designed to increase their bottom line.
  • arkie6arkie6 Member Posts: 198
    I just got a quote on a Tundra from Covington Pike Toyota in Memphis. Still too high.

Tundra Access Cab V8 Auto SR5 4x4 (#7828)
    Bench seat (SB)
    Convenience Pkg (CQ)
    All Weather Pkg (CK)
    16" Alloy Wheels (AL)
    3 in 1 radio w/cd (DZ)
    Fog Lights (LF)
    Floor mats (CF)
    Tow Hitch (DH)

Price Quote: $26,599 + $139 (fees?) = $26,738

Edmunds Invoice w/destination + holdback: $25,236

Price Quote over invoice: $1,500
  • mark116mark116 Member Posts: 8
    Arkie, unless I figured it wrong, I got $25436 invoice, which makes your offered price $1302, or 5.1%, over invoice. Not too bad a deal, hang in there.
  • jobiwanjobiwan Member Posts: 1
    Just put a deposit down on a 4wd LTD with the works (leather, premium sound, running boards, off road pkg, security sys, trailer hitch, floor mats, HD heater etc) for $1200 over invoice in Everett, WA , although the dealer did slip in $300+ for "advertising fees". Worked out to almost $2500 off MSRP, $29,777 before taxes etc. I had to take the plunge. I think better deals will be had a few more months down the road for those with more willpower than me.
  • robocomprobocomp Member Posts: 7
    Just got my new jade green, 4x4 limited, access cab tundra with all the extras (leather, 6disc, abs, steps, cold pkg, trd, bedliner) for $200 over invoice ($28500). This is the lowest i have seen on the net. If anyone is interested email me and i will give you the strategy that took a week to work. thanks
    Forgot to include the floor mats and alarm system on above jade green tundra deal. If anyone has gotten a better deal than $200 over invoice (and you dont work for dealership), I sure would like to know about it. Will have digital pics of this beautiful detailed truck in about a week.
  • 1taxman1taxman Member Posts: 27
    Your E-Mail is not in your profile. Mine is please let me know how you got this super deal
    thanks
    thanks for the feedback on the email. have changed my email to "public" and this should indicate to others that my email is cowboyz@radiks.net. will send you response when i get to my home computer with email capability. thanks
  • kenorulzkenorulz Member Posts: 1
    Currently waiting on a stellar blue SR5 4x4 Access cab, w/convenience package, off-road package, ABS, captains chairs, all weather, deluxe radio, color keyed running boards, and security system (basically loaded)... dealer quoted a price of $28,950 + tax, in writing. ($500 deposit with no strings to bring it in) Am I being taken? Just want to know when I go in when/if the truck gets here.
  • prestenpresten Member Posts: 3
    I had a very bad experience with the Napa dealer trying to order the truck exactly as I wanted it. Seemed they could not understand that I was OK with not getting the truck that day but didn't seem to understand the concept of a custom "order". I wanted a Limited with captains chairs but no, repeat, no leather. "But it comes with leather if you order the captains chairs" was the first response. After I showed them in their own book that that was not true, then they reverted to "the factory is only producing them with the leather". Again, they seemed to have a real problem with the concept of a "custom order" on the truck. Finally we agreed that they would "try" to get one for me the way they wanted and after several phone calls over a period of three week, I gave up trying to get a firm commitment from them. In desperation, I went over the hill to Santa Rosa to a big dealer there, told him my tale of woe and behold, he said I'll call you in the next two days with a firm ansewer. He called and said yes, they can order the truck exactly as I wanted it with a 4 to 6 week delivery. Asked for a $100 good faith deposit and the deal was done. They made the call to the factory schedulers the next day, got a confirmation of the order and it was done! Didn't seem that hard when you finally get to a person who has more on his mind than a quick deal or no deal. By the way, I didn't get a "deal", just list price but that isn't bad around the Northern California area where some of the dealers are still adding 1000 to 3000 "additional dealer markup" to the MSRP sticker. The dealer I ordered from did advise me not to get the trailer hitch, bed liner and floor mats from him as they are at least twice as expensive as the local "Pick-um-up" store is. So he saved me a few bucks that way. Also I did decline to order the outside step from Toyota...$699 seemed to be a bit steep for that option. Got the CA emissions package, CK guard package, AB anti-lock brakes, TX two tone paint, EJ premium radio/cd/cassette, CC captains chairs in 2FC two tone Jade/Grey. Total price without tax and license was $29990. Can hardly wait!!
  • artpartp Member Posts: 156
    I too went to Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa, to be told "list price only". I wound up in Vallejo and purchased for $500 under sticker. Also made Freeman T. refund my $500 good faith deposit. I feel had I been more patient I could have done even better, probably $1000 below sticker.

I purchased mine in early August, you should be able to do better now.

By the way - I have cloth captains chairs, didn't even have to ask for them.

Mine included hitch, anti lock, premium wheels, CD player, power windows & locks, CC, fog lights and some other minor things. I think everything you can get on an SR5 except off road package and leather. Paid $28,900 before the ridiculously high California fees. Truck was exactly as I wanted except for the anti lock brakes.

No wait either, they did a dealer trade.

Try Joe Ferrando at Toyota Vallejo.
  • brucec35brucec35 Member Posts: 246
    maybe it's because the south is ford/chevy country, but I paid less than $500 over invoice for a Tundra in Asheville, NC.
  • apghunterapghunter Member Posts: 6
    paid $350 over invoice for a 4x4 access cab limited with two tone paint, cloth capts. chairs, all weather guard, 3 in 1 premium cd changer, TRD offroad pkg, floor mats, and wheel locks $27077
  • Brad98Brad98 Member Posts: 4
    I paid $25,800. The MSRP was $26,400

The truck came with a Bedliner, VIP security system, upgraded stero with CD player, Alloy Wheels with the largest size rubber, fog lights, anti+chip paint. The California Dealer was unwilling to negotiate the price.
  • Brad98Brad98 Member Posts: 4
    In my last post, I failed to state the truck came also with anti-lock brakes.

The revised message is as follows:

I paid $25,800. The MSRP was $26,400

The truck came with a Bedliner, VIP security system, upgraded stero with CD player, Alloy Wheels with the largest size rubber, fog lights, anti+chip paint, and anti lock brakes. The California Dealer was unwilling to negotiate the price.

I purchased the truck at Dublin Toyota in Northern California (Near San Francisco area)
  • atoyotatoyot Member Posts: 58
    Got a call from Fred Haas Toyota in Spring and they are discounting all Tundras $2000.
    Contact me about a new loaded limited Tundra a few hundred over invoice.
  • moose3moose3 Member Posts: 1
    Please provide the Dealership name and salesman name for the Dealer in Everett, WA
  • cueballcueball Member Posts: 4
    Go to carorder.com for a quote. Know two people that have bought from them. No hassle pricing, get exactly what you want delivered to the dealer closest to your home. If nothing else, it will give you a bargaining chip. Also, shop around for options like fog-lights and trailer hitches. A good hitch is less than half of what the factory wants.
  • teaganteagan Member Posts: 15
    The dealers up here have many on there lots and would be willing to part with for a song. One dealership in my area has 20 on ground and only sold 2 this year. The dealer owners would love to free up some cash and move these things. This isn't only one dealership this all of them. So save your cash take a nice trip to a beautiful place and get the truck you want at a ton less. If you want more info. just post and I will tell you how. The price up here for a ltd 4x4 is 42000 cdn list price. There are many to chose from. The deals are waiting.
  • larry37larry37 Member Posts: 1
    I have enjoyed all of the rhetoric on pricing. Getting down to brass tacks...I am looking for a Limited 4x4 Tundra in the Pacific NW. I can wait for a January delivery to take advantage of the excise tax break...voters decided enough was enough. Who is willing to negotiate from invoice in Washington or Oregon....and just how well did you do? Thanks for your help.
  • maginmagin Member Posts: 1
    Tell me more.... Looking for motivated dealer(s) Vancouver area. Plan to purchase LTD 4X4 V8 Leather, etc. Thanks. My e-mail is magin@gte.net
  • cole12cole12 Member Posts: 10
    Just picked up my new Tundra, price was $24,600
    List of options
    conv pkg
    3-n-1 stereo
    fog lamps
    electrochromatic mirror w/compass, temp gauge
    bed liner
    floor mats
    color keyed fender flares
    two tone paint
    alloy wheels w/ michelin ltx tires
    drop hitch reciever w/wiring
    toyo gaurd
    wheel locks
  • gtc2gtc2 Member Posts: 5
    Could someone please direct me to a dealer on the east coast that is willing to deal on a tundra. I'm not looking to steal it but I refuse to be held up for one either! thanks in advance.
  • cwirthcwirth Member Posts: 169
    I bought my Tundra in early June from Fitzgerald's Lakeforest Toyota in Gaithersburg Maryland. They gave me $1400 off MSRP two days after the Tundra's introduction. Now they advertise on their web site their current inventory which does stay current and the pricing is $700 over invoice, that isn't bad and maybe you can get more off it you try.
  • pr4mncpluspr4mncplus Member Posts: 22
    Just ordered a Tundra Lmtd 2WD, loaded except I
    wanted the bench seat and NO leather. Got it right at invoice (24,007) with NO dealer crap added on. BTW, if I remember from my days in getting a vehicle across the border from Vancouver, I believe there is a huge tax that has to be collected before crossing into the USA. You might want to check on that before buying a Tundra in Canada.
  • joyfuldjoyfuld Member Posts: 2
    My dealer just located a Tundra SR5 4X4 Access cab in white. They'll bring it in on dealership trade. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Paid 26,800. Includes TRD off road pkg, conv. pkg, under rail bed liner, 3-in-1 AM/FM CD, VIP security system, all weather pkg, towing hitch, floor mats. I was looking for all this plus ABS but they are hard to come by with the off road pkg for some reason..? Feeling pretty good about the deal. Even sold my 1992 Honda Accord with 171,000 miles (to my boss of all people)for ~$500 over retail blue book.

I'm kind of worried about the Tundra's oil level issue since they have to drive the vehicle a distance from the other dealership. I'll definitely check the dipstick before I drive away.

By the way...Does anybody have advice for safely removing the TRD decals from the rear flanks? They are a little flashy (err tacky)for my taste.
  • pchengpcheng Member Posts: 162
    Use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker. Then peel it off slowly. If there is glue left on the truck, I first tried to use the glue on the sticker to pick up the glue. This works for the big spots. I then used WD-40 to wipe the rest away.

Don't forget to wax the spot after you're done.

I wouldn't worry about the oil level from the factory. I checked mine as soon as I got it home and it was fine. At the factory, they use a hose that puts a pre-measured amount into the engine. If one's off, they're all off. I think they would have caught it by now if there's a problem.
  • stockcertsstockcerts Member Posts: 2
    I currently have a 96 Tacoma 4wd. I'm considering a new 4wd Tundra, but I'm not sure if it's a better value then it's American counter-parts. The new Fords seem to be nice, but I don't have a lot of confidence in American cars. What's your opinion? I'm looking for value, and a nice truck. I've always been a Toyota fan.
  • stockcertsstockcerts Member Posts: 2
    I currently have a 96 Tacoma 4wd. I'm considering a new 4wd Tundra, but I'm not sure if it's a better value then it's American counter-parts. The new Fords seem to be nice, but I don't have a lot of confidence in American cars. What's your opinion? I'm looking for value, and a nice truck. I've always been a Toyota fan.
  • pchengpcheng Member Posts: 162
    Let me ask you if you liked your 96 Taco? The Tundra has very similar build and quality. Actually, I think it runs, rides and drives a lot better than the Tacoma.

I haven't had ANY problems with mine. I have 3500 miles on it and not one problem. The only complaint is that the door doesn't stay open on slight inclines, but that's it.

The reality is that you really can't go wrong on any truck of similar cost and value (Silverado, RAM, F150 and Tundras). Ford didn't become THE largest auto maker by building crap. Sure some models have problems, but there are problems with all cars and trucks. Buying any truck is like a crap shoot. It all comes down to personal preference.

As for myself, I've driven and owned GM's and Toyotas. My personal opinion is that my experience with Toyota have always been better than my experience with GM's. My last truck 91 Toyota Pickup lasted 120K miles and the only $$ I had to put into it was tires, shocks and brakes. I finally replaced the OEM battery 3 days before I traded it in. That's why I bought another Toyota (and that's what I call Value)!
  • joyfuldjoyfuld Member Posts: 2
    I'm a scientific professional and I put my trust in nonbiased publications, such as Consumers Report, that are steadfastly dedicated to the scientific method of testing and evaluation. So when their Nov. 1999 Road Test of the top four full sized trucks rated the Tundra top banana, I didn't hesitate. I, too, was ready to buy an F150, but one test drive of the Tundra convinced me otherwise. Personal preference does definitely play a role, but you can't argue with the data.
  • schwarmsschwarms Member Posts: 3
    I got a price today from Roseville Toyota and they're wanting to charge me $1100- over invoice. Typically with autobytel I have paid invoice, do you think this is too much! I know they're not making too many Tundra's so the dealers probably feel like they can get away with this. I'm in the Sacramento area and if anyone has any ideas about how to get a better price, please let me know. You can reply here, or e-mail me at stockcerts@yahoo.com Thanks!
  • emalnakemalnak Member Posts: 17
    I just put a deposit on 4x2 access cab Ltd. with CK,AB,LA,EJ,LB,CB. Approx. $26,000+, +tax.
    Any comments on price. I know it's a great truck. I also know it was impossible to get a 4x2 ltd in Jersey.
  • solara1solara1 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have any lease prices they could post??? I would like to know a ballpark range for a 4x2 access cab with leather. SR5 or limited. thanks for any responses.

I currently am leasing a solara SLE V6 and love it. now i have use for a truck and being a toyota nut i would like a tundra. Please include the amount of down payment.... I prefer NO down payment. Thanks again
  • anonymousanonymous Member Posts: 314
    Does anyone have any lease prices they could post??? I would like to know a ballpark range for a 4x2 access cab with leather. SR5 or limited. thanks for any responses.

I currently am leasing a solara SLE V6 and love it. now i have use for a truck and being a toyota nut i would like a tundra. Please include the amount of down payment.... I prefer NO down payment. Thanks again
  • cwirthcwirth Member Posts: 169
    You have to go with the Limited if you want factory leather seating. SR5 does not come with it.

• solara1solara1 Member Posts: 12

• kevintracykevintracy Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know of a dealer that will give a good deal in the Dallas Ft. Worth area on a Tundra Limited?
  • artjartj Member Posts: 2
    We are in Arizona looking for a Tundra where the dealers don't want to deal. Willing to travel in US to buy one at invoice. Looking for Tundra TRD Limited 4x4 ext cab.
  • 1taxman1taxman Member Posts: 27
    Well if you find someplace let me know. my E-Mail is in my profile.

• bone1bone1 Member Posts: 3
    I have been asking about regular cabs and can't seem to get any answers. Does any body know when toyota is going to start production? Or if they have , where I can get info.
    Thanks.
  • tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    I have only seen one regular cab Tundra. It was a V6, 5-speed. I saw it about two months ago on a dealer lot in NC. I have no other info than that.
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    I have a regular cab. I bought it in July. The first were just the 2wd v6 manual like mine and the sr5 v8 auto 4x4. As of September 1st, they added the sr5 v6 manual and auto 4x4 and the 4x2 v6 with an auto. They are making them. Obivously, they are making about five extended cabs to every regular cab (guessing). However, you can find them like I did. Make your dealer get on their vehicle finder in their region or just order one. Some Toyota dealers don't have a clue sometimes. If this happens, just go to more friendly Toyota dealer.
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    i know you live near me, that green regular cab is still at Vann York. Their supply last time I was there was 7 Tundras, but just that one regular cab.
  • thouserthouser Member Posts: 2
    I picked up my new Tundra last week. Dealer claims factory security system flawed and must install third-party system at same cost. Anyone encounter this?
  • tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    Why haven't I passed you on the road somewhere? If you know about Vann York, you've got to be close! I'm curious as to where you bought your truck. Rice's gave me the best deal of the "Super 6" dealers around here. I'd like to hear your experience. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.