Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• maxmommaxmom Posts: 62
    A few weeks back, people were discussing installation of this feature. Does anyone have it installed yet? If so, how exactly does it install and do you think it is worth doing?

Thanks in advance.
  • pssimonpssimon Posts: 144
    I finally got through after 30 minutes on hold to check the status of my new Pacifica. It is in KZ status, meaning "released by plant, invoiced". I asked when it will ship and they had no idea!

How depressing is that?

At least I have a place to check from now on... thanks!
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Posts: 648
    KZ is great that means usually 1 or 2 days to shipping plus the time to get to you. it took 3 days from KZ status until mine arrived in Pittsburgh.
    I wish you were right.

My dealer has been telling me that my car has been in KZ status for 10 days now! I get the impression they are trying to gather enough vehicles (of whatever model) in order to fill a truck to get to my dealer. I can't think of any other reason for the delay.
    I would hope that they are not waiting ... where are you? if its going by rail you should be able to track it once it leaves the factory. Ask Chrysler when the last update was (ie. when they say it went KZ)... mine stayed KZ until it arrived ... I doubt they would invoice the dealer then sit on it for 10 days. the dealer would be out money until arrives ... I think ...
    Just got off the phone with Chrysler. They said my car still shows a completion date of 6/6 and it shows a KZ status. They then said the next update of their data will be about 7/7! I was rather surprised at that and asked how often they get updates or was it a constant statusing.... they said they get updates every 3-4 weeks! That explains why it still says KZ... BECAUSE THEIR DATA BASE NEVER CHANGED!!!!! Unbelievable. Consequently, you can never really know where it is. I guess I don't need to keep checking this week, because their database won't change!

I'm not happy!
    When was it ordered? Mine was ordered on May 06 and arrived on June 19, one day after my dealer was invoiced.

I considered really getting into trying to track it minute by minute, but decided to give it at least six weeks before I started getting antsy.

I'm sure they want you to have it as badly as you want it.
    It was ordered 5/28 (Memorial Day) and they claim it was completely built by 6/6.

I just can't believe that:

1. It takes almost a month to go from Windsor to NJ, and

2. I can track a package down to the minute if I wanted from FedEx or UPS, but Chrysler has a database that is out of date by up to 4 weeks!

Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture?
    That's exactly why I didn't attempt to track mine. Their system is not really designed for customer tracking.

I know it's disconcerting when some people say they ordered theirs and they have it two weeks later. Most likely, theirs was located in another part of the country. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it is equipped exactly as they wanted it. I wish mine could have been located, but it couldn't. I predict you will have your car by July 11 and the window sticker will be printed with the words - Built especially for "pssimon".

It's sort of like childbirth. Once it arrives, you'll forget the hassle of getting it here and love it.
    the updates on my vehicle was about every 3 days. I tracked it from C - order VON status thru D1 VIN status and scheduled to be built to I Status then it jumped to KZ and appeared in Pittsburgh 3 days later. (it was in C/D1 back and forth for 2 1/2 weeks while they screwed around with the avialablity of the UConnect option) ...
    here is the scuff guard installed:

and the aftermarket Pilot Exhaust Tip:

• ms_mayorms_mayor Posts: 113
    Is the scuff guard just 'glued' on to the rear bumper? Did you do it yourself?
    yea most are just glued (probably 3m double sided sticky tape) ... dealer installed it ... but looks pretty easy to do yourself.
    "but looks pretty easy to do yourself. "

You are right.. looks easy.... provided you can put it on straight! Imagine putting it on crooked! At least if the dealer does it, it's his problem to fix.
    It's a piece of cake! It took about two minutes to install. There's a centering mark to help line it up.

The splash guards are a different story. I'm taking them back to my dealer for installation. We thought we would be able to do it, but they require drilling holes and we don't have proper access with the vehicle on the ground.

pssimon - Dare I ask if you have heard from your Pacifica yet? If not, I still predict you will by the 11th. Good luck!
    I still don't have my Pacifica. I was told it arrived in the area (about 30 miles away) on 7/3! I'm still waiting. I think my dealer is getting impatient as well (I guess they want their money!). I had to sell my car today as my buyer wasn't going to wait forever. The dealer is giving me a loaner until it arrives. I guess he is getting afraid I'll change my mind!

Dealer said should be (I don't think I want to get in to the "should be" discussion <G>) either today or tommorow. It's after noon here, and still no call for today! I wonder what shoebox I'll be driving around in until my new one arrives!
  • Nice pictures you posted. I've been unable to figure out how to post pictures within a message, could only see how to post a link to an outside webpage.

In the second photo I notice the rear splash guards. Two questions, are those Chrysler parts or aftermarket? Do the front ones look identical to the rear ones? I do like the fact that the rear base of the car is dark gray/black which will show less dirt anyway but is much improved than the chrome on the Explorer bumper which was a pain to keep tar and such off of. I would still like to get the splash guards for both front and rear.

Also thanks for showing the tow hitch install. I don't know that I want the dealer cutting my bumper but it appears that this is the only way to mount the hitch so that it won't drag on the ground.

When looking at your scuff guard I'm at a loss for why this $29 item wasn't made standard on the car. It doesn't make the appearance of the car more SUV like in my opinion which is what I was told by my dealer as the reason for it not being standard. ie. a station wagon doesn't have a scuff guard.

Thanks again for the posts.
    I ordered the splash guards for my Pacifica through my dealer and they are MOPAR equipment.

As for the scuff guard, I really wanted it because that painted knife edge of the bumper was just asking to be chipped. As for looking like a wagon, our old '95 Taurus came standard with basically the same thing.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,095
    RE: posting photos

Check under "Posting a Message into a Discussion" in the Town Hall Help It will tell you how to post a photo there. If you need more assistance, please let me know!

Edmunds Manager UGC Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.
    Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor