Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Have you looked at the Pilot? Those are being discounted considerably now and the resale is far far better. No, you won't get 0%, but if the vehicle is a couple grand cheaper, it really shouldn't matter.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    You're right. I can't seem to find a whole lot of those around here though (well not the EXL).

Anyhow, she came back to me with $30,956.45 OTD.... I "over" offered.

now I feel like I left $$ on the table.
  • axdrodaxdrod Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man, hope you can help...
    Here is what I got:
    Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD w/some Optional Equipment
    Total Price: $31755
    Cash allowance: -$3000
    Lease Loyalty: -$1000
    Preferred Discount (Affiliate Rewards) -$2578
    FINAL PRICE: $25177

36 mo Lease, 12K / 3000 down (total out of pocket) - $330+Tax /mo

Can you please provide the current Money factor and Residual value to verify the dealer quote ?
    Thanks
  • thercktherck Member Posts: 5
    It depends on exactly when you made the deal. $400 over invoice is a bit generous, especially at the very end of the model year.
    I had also been agonizing over the 2007 Pacifica for about 9 months before I “took the plunge.” I located a car that had much more stuff than I would normally have needed and had been on the dealer’s lot since early this year (before price increase). I lucked out regarding timing and made my deal on 7/23/07 when incentives had been fattened quite a bit. Specifically, $4500 ($3500 + $1000 Bonus Cash) or 0% for 60 months (and $1500 Bonus Cash). I also got lucky by taking delivery on 7/26/07 due to the moon roof installation process. Thus, I just made it under the wire to get the “Lifetime Powertrain Warranty”.

Details:
    > 2007 Pacifica Touring Signature Series
    > “W” package (fairly loaded – leather, NAV/rear camera, heated seats, ParkSense, power liftgate, roof rails, 19” wheels, 6-disk CD changer
    > Entertainment Group 2 (DVD with rear video screen, SIRIUS radio)
    > 19” ultrabrite alum wheels and tire pressure monitoring system (very cool)

> MSRP = $36,305
    > Invoice ~ $33,234.
    > Price - $33,000 (~ $234 below Invoice) minus $1,500 Bonus Cash = $31,500
    > Added aftermarket installed moon roof (nicely done by dealer recommended installer)
    > Took 0% for 60 months financing (included the $1,500 Bonus Cash)

Impressions so far (only 950 miles):

> The car rides very well. Smooth, tight (but not stiff), quiet, comfortable.
    > Not as quick as my previous vehicle (2004 Maxima SL), but still acceptable.
    > No problems, noises, glitches, adjustments (again, so far).
    > I would recommend this vehicle for the overall package of style (not a sedan, not a wagon, not an SUV, not a minivan), equipment complement and value. Of course, the enhanced powertrain warranty will help me sleep better for having bought a Chrysler. Maybe the company knows something that some recent customer opinions don’t reflect.

Good luck to all who consider a similar purchase.

THERCK
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    I'm still trying to work this out... Error in the numbers; she thought I was going with the $4000 incentive, I was basing the numbers on $1k off and 0APR.

So your OTD price was $33K on a 36,305MSRP?? I'm looking at that number on a car with an MSRP of $34500.

Where are you?? I'm in NY; been dealing with a CT and NY dealer...

I also went ahead and purchased CR's bottom line pricing report which states that dealer's invoice is really about 2K less than what they show you... But in the end it doesn't matter. What are you going to say "Well CR says your invoice is really $xx,xxx" They're going to shove the paper in your face and say "Its written right here".

Oh well. I guess I'll keep trying. I know the CT dealer is holding back because I've gotten better discount (before incentives) off MSRP on higher priced PACs then the one she has.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi riv7298. I am not aware of any banks that publish lists of their current money factors and residual values for consumers. Given the level of lease support that is currently available on this model, chances are it will be cheapest to lease it through Chrysler Financial. I can give you an idea of what its lease program for it is currently like. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or how many miles per year you want to lease with, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 40%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash ($4,000 total) that Chrysler is providing on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Jonas07. The dealer invoice price of the Pacifica that you leased is $27,848. When one subtracts the $2,500 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that was available on 6 passenger '07 Pacifica models in July from that we arrive at $24,348. That puts you at around $900 over dealer invoice. I believe that I have seen consumers get this vehicle for a few hundred dollars less than this, but overall this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, axdrod. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • thercktherck Member Posts: 5
    Clarifications regarding my numbers and some of your issues.

> I do not quote OTD figures, just pricing. Actual OTD depends on local taxes (state, county, city, blah, blah), permissible doc. fees, etc. These vary considerably, are beyond your control and contribute to confusion in comparing different deals between different locales.
    > Never confuse manufacturer incentives with pricing (i.e. selling price at, above or below invoice). They are separate issues. Your $1000 incentive with the 0% financing is from Chrysler. Note that I stated a $1,500 Bonus Cash figure with the 0% financing deal. The extra $500 represented “dealer participation.” To their credit (and my amazement), my dealer volunteered this extra amount without any prompting (or even awareness) from me. Are these offers still available? What time is it?
    > More about my dealer. They are located on the far South side of Chicago in an older (read low overhead) facility. They were very low key, with no pressure at all. Their initial offer was about $500 over invoice and they responded immediately to my counter offer at the final price noted. Keep in mind, my vehicle is fairly loaded and had been on their lot since late last year.
    > Another thing. The CR “bottom line pricing report” is a waste of money. All of the information you need is available for free on sites such as Edmunds.com, Kelleybluebook.com, etc. I subscribe to CR and find them at the low end of the usefulness scale. These are the same guys who print reviews of products that are no longer available by the time of publication and were purchased at a local hardware store in Nova Scotia.

Good luck.

THERCK
  • 64221306422130 Member Posts: 47
    what sould I expect to pay for a 2007 fwd touring, cash deal. MSRP is 28040 and 4k rebate?
  • prorj316prorj316 Member Posts: 1
    Good Afternoon,

My "05" Pacifica is due to come off lease in November of next year. I've recently changed jobs and would like to get out early of my lease. Do you have any info on the Chrysler pull ahead program? My local dealership wasn't the most helpful in obtaining the necessary info. Any info that you have will be appreciated.
    Prorj316
  • jhauck1622jhauck1622 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

What are the current money factor and residual values for an 07 Pacifica Touring FWD?

Thx.
  • cole8808cole8808 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. I am looking at at 2004 AWD loaded with leather seats, moonroof, dvd, heated seats, etc. The mileage is 78,000 with one owner that bought at this same dealership. I got the price to 11,995. I bought an extended "added care plus" warranty (2years or 30k miles) for $1600.00 on top. Did I do alright? :surprise:
  • pygnsowpygnsow Member Posts: 5
    I am planning to buy a 2007 Pacifica Touring AWD MSRP $32Kish. I have a PIN for the Employee Choice program. I have never used one of these before--any tips I was told to negotiate a price then tell that I have a PIN, also that I MUST see the invoice, look for an "EC" or "EP" number which gives me the price so I know exactly where I am. ANY advice would be very much appreciated. Looking to make this deal next Tuesday 10/30 or Wed. Thanks!
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    I bought my 07 Pac and Wrangler under this.

Don't negotiate a price first. Go in there say, I have an EC or EP code. They will, if your dealer does it the same way mine does, show you the invoice and say this is the price you get take it or leave it. About it being take it or leave it, it honestly isnt. I was able to get my wrangler for $500 under EP. So just do the same with your Pac purchase and you will be good.

Also, check on eBay for prices on Pac's. The prices on there are unbelieveable. Make sure your price is better than those. I know mine lower than those, but just so you get an idea.

Good Luck.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Forget invoice...you should be able to do a quite a bit less under invoice, plus the $4k rebate. I'm being quoted around $25-$26 for Pacificas with MSRP's of $33.
  • pygnsowpygnsow Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the advice--much appreciated. Am I correct in saying that anything under the EP is coming out of Dealer Holdback or something similar?
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    yes, you go right into their profit on the vehcile. Which is pretty slim under these programs to start with.
    Hi Prorj316. I am sorry to say that Chrysler's pull ahead program only waives up to three lease payments for current Chrysler Financial lessees who get a new Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle. As a result, it will likely be fairly expensive for you to get out of your current Pacifica lease a year before its scheduled end.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdubb2jdubb2 Member Posts: 5
    I recently received a letter from Chrysler Financial outlining the procedures to return my 2005 Pacifica. My 39-month lease ends in February. Among other topics, the letter says something like, "To avoid a 'Turn-In Fee', you may lease another Chrysler vehicle ... ". What the hell is a "Turn-In Fee"?! Never heard of it before. My previous two leases were with Ford and Honda and there was no Turn-In Fee. Problem for me is there is nothing in the Chrysler line-up that interests me. I'm looking for either a crossover or Japanese sedan.

Anybody have any idea how much this is (I can't find my copy of the lease!)?
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    turn in fee is usually the disposition fee, which is $425 for Chrysler. It is just the cost of returning the car without buying it. Many leases have this charge...whether it is called turn in or disposition. For Mercedes, the charge is $595
  • jdubb2jdubb2 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply rmbalisa .. appreciate that. As I said, there was no Turn-in Fee on my first two leases (1 Ford and 1 Honda), so this news surprised me. I'm not happy and have instructed my dealer - who I have already purchased or leased 5 vehicles from in the past - that if they attempt to charge me this fee I will never buy from them (or Chrysler) again. My dealer informed me this fee is normally waived if you buy your next vehicle from them. Not likely since there's nothing in their line-up I like at this time with the possible exception of the 2009 Dodge Journey.
  • sandylsandyl Member Posts: 42
    toyota has one as well. honda and Nissan does not.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    Traded my upside down, 05 touring loaded with leather, 89500 miles on it, no problem witht e car, just a bit slow for a 07 AWD with the 4.0, 5 seats, and Sirius, dealer wanted to move the car so I got it for $19k (as equipped - $6k off). I think i did alright. The new car is a lot quicker than the 05 was - way, way more nimble feeling. And i can actually see behind me now as the blindspiots are not as bad as they were with the 05. The Dealer offered me a wraparound Chrysler warranty for the life of the car for $1895, but i decied against that - I don't know what I was thinking, I probably should have taken it. :cry: Maybe I can still get it - anyone think it is worth it?
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    That is an incredibly cheap price even for a base AWD....holy cow. I wonder if the deal looks as good as it does because of your trade, though. You mentioned you were upside down on your trade. Dealer could have given you more on the trade, but less off on the car if you follow me. Always hard to "read" or compare a deal whenever a trade is involved.

I paid around $28k for my Limited AWD...have a sticker of $36k just as a comparison.

BTW, $1800 for a bumper to bumper lifetime is insanely cheap! I paid a bit more then that to get a 7 year, 100k warranty, but it also included all my oil changes. They wanted $4300 for the lifetime but I know the prices are somewhat based on MSRP.

The warranty issue is a bit tough to compare too as Chrysler has many different packages. Some with no deductable and some with large deductables.

If you keep your cars, that warranty may be worth a look. Ask youself this question:

"If your '05 had that warranty would have traded it anyway?" If the answer is yes, then pass.
    Yep they were really trying to get me to take the car. We just bought a 2008 Town and Country from them a few days ago so they were being quite generous I thought for an 07 on the last day of 07, so I kept indicating i was gonna leave and the deal kep gettng sweeter and sweeter. When I saw the final paperwok, the dealer had dropped the price of the car and upped the trade. They even agreed to put in Satellite in the T&C LX for free if I bit on the deal. If my 05 had that warranty, I probably would still have trade it in for the newer car as I think I bought the 05 a bit high. It had 22k on it and it was a rental car. but it was perfect and I added satellite and the DVD system myself with factory parts. I also was in the process of adding Navigation until I for to replacing the body harneess and just stopped cold. I still got all the parts except the body hardness (and now the NAV DVD player as I forgot to pull it from the 05) and dunno what I will do with them. I also have 5 19" wheels and just did not put them on. i might sell them on eBay - dunno yet.

So I think I recovered, and I hope the 07 is as dependable as the 05 was. But I keep thinking about that warrranty and may reconsider today!. If I do, I hope they let me do it still. A discontinued car with a full wrap around warranty might be the ticket - too bad it does not transfer. Then again, I kept the 05 for almost 3 years and then suddenly traded it in? So unless I kept this car for 5 - 7 years, I don't know if it worth it - or maybe I am being a bit too cheap? i got the tire warranty though but it is only 5 years. The one on the 05 was half as much as was lifetine on the vehicle's tires. :D
  • archcoearchcoe Member Posts: 2
    How does this sound for a new 2007 Touring model with T package - (leather, 6 cd, power liftgate, etc)
    msrp - 30,300
    invoice - 27,118 (+730 dest)
    $21,000 +tax and tags otd

It looks good to me, but I can no longer find a source of info for incentives on 07 models. certainly quite a bit cheaper than a similarly equipped 08, less than Edmunds TMV for a retail used 07 model, and then there's the powertrain warranty.....
    Sounds very good, I wish i had been more patient. :cry:
  • pacifica07pacifica07 Member Posts: 9
    Hi all,

I had leased a 2007 Pacifica back in Dec 06, I'm 15 months into the lease and was able to come up with the $$$ to pay off my lease and buy the vehicle. I contacted Chrysler Financial and they stated that I had to contact the dealer where I got the car from. I did and they sayd that I had to go to Chrysler Financial to do this. After the run around and spending 3 hors on the phone between talking to India and US reps. I got a word that Chrysler Financial can't do it since they are an indirect lender, and based on Florida law they can't sell me the vehicle (but if I'm about 3 months from maturity they can, I'm confused). So they referred me back to the dealer. They (the dealer) wanted to charge me a bunch of fees, since they said ".. we do not own the car, Chrysler does, therefore we will have to buy it from Chrysler in order to sell it to you ..." and here comes the fees, inspection fees (when I already have the veichle), tags fees (when I'm already using my own tag) and taxes (when the taxes are already in the payoff quote), when it is clearly in the contract that these fees will be waived if I purchase the vehicle.. I need help on getting this resolved. Has anyone out there had the same situation in the past?, and if so how you resolved it?.

Thanks.
    Just traded my 2007 base awd in for 2007 touring with 10k on it. I got a cheaper monthly payment and only owe 1k more than my original loan. So I got all my desired upgrades without the hassle and expenditure. :)
  • tellmethetruthtellmethetruth Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just turned in my 39 month leased Chrysler Pacifica, 2005, AWD, Touring, with all the extras. I really wanted to purchase this car, but was STRONGLY discouraged from doing so by the dealership. From what I understand about Chrsyler FInancial and Chrysler Corp., there is absolutely no negotiations on end of lease purchase price. It is was it is as was outlined in the lease. Anyway, the buyout was $21 K, which when I researched the value of the car here on Edmonds, that's exactly what came up for this car in excellent shape with only 28,000 miles. But the dealer said they were re-selling these cars for around $16 K and anyone would be a "fool" to pay 21K. So, not wanting to roll over into a Chrysler lease or buy there, I just ended up reluctantly turning the car in. Now I really wonder, Did I do the right thing? I hate the thought of pouring the money into the car and letting it go, and actually I always planned on keeping it. Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome. When does it make sense to purchase your lease?
  • joe29001joe29001 Member Posts: 48
    2007 AWD Pacifica
    Inferno Red Crystal Pearl with entertainment group, CD changer

MSRP: $29,585
    Price: $19,981
    Discount: $9,604

It's a leftover, but only had 6 miles.
    HI pacifica07. Why are you in such a hurry to purchase your vehicle well before the scheduled end date of your lease? You probably would be better off waiting to the very end to decide whether to purchase your Pacifica. By waiting, you have a get out of jail free card that will enable you to just walk away from your truck if it ends up having mechanical problems or being in an accident over the next year or so.

If your Pacifica doesn't have any problems and you still like it at the scheduled end of your lease, then place a call directly to Chrysler Financial to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". If your Pacifica's purchase option price is less than it would cost you to purchase a similar used vehicle, then you should consider buying it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tellmethetruth. Some banks will occasionally negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles, while others will not. I am not familiar with Chrysler Financial's specific policy on this matter, but it would not surprise me at all if they refused to reduce your Pacifica's end-of-term purchase price. You definitely did the right thing by walking away from your Pacifica rather than purchasing it if you could purchase a similar used vehicle in the real world for significantly less than your leased Pacifica's purchase option price.

More often than not, vehicles' end-of-term purchase prices are too high and consumers are better off walking away from their car or truck at lease-end. By not overpaying for what essentially is a used vehicle, you weren't wasting money. You were actually saving yourself money.

Car_man
    Host
  • swampdragonswampdragon Member Posts: 35
    The Pacifica leased for $459.00 a month for 39 months, without tax and license, with $500.00 down, 12,000 miles a year.

The KE5969 has a CD DVD/MP3 format Radio it is not Video ready.

This is for a mediumly outfitted 2008 model

I priced a Honda Pilot VP 4wd for $335 including all fees - 500 down
  • mtjc521mtjc521 Member Posts: 26
    For just the aftermarket installed moonroof, what was the total cost to you, parts and labor? Thanks for info cuz I have my eye on a couple but neither have the moonroof that my wife wants. thanks
  • snoopy71snoopy71 Member Posts: 32
    Just passing through here... I posted this inquiry in some of the other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep forums, so I thought I'd try here too.

Wife & I have twins on the way (in addition to our 3-yr old) so we need to bite the bullet and get a minivan. We're going to get a Dodge GC or a Chrysler T&C sometime in June. Money will be real tight since wife will be quitting work to stay home, hence us going down to one income, so if anyone has a friends code for 2008, then I would reeeeeeally appreciate it. .... I'll even put you on my Christmas card list!!

e-mail me here at carspace and let me know....
  • michigangradmichigangrad Member Posts: 1
    I am scheduled to turn in my 2005 Pacifica in September. Unfortunately, in the past week I had a flat in my driver side rear tire. According to Chrysler's turn-in brochure under chargeable events, it states, in parenthesis, all the tires must be the same size, brand, speed rating and meet the manufacturers' specifications. Am I correct that this statement means I cannot get a good used tire to replace the flat? (The dealer told me the tire couldn't be repaired).

Also, in the same week, my check engine light came on. After running the diagnostics the dealer told me that an animal chewed through the wire harnassing and as such, the downstream O2 sensor needs to be replaced. The service department also said that with a mechanical problem such as this, I would more than likely be charged to fix the problems anyway and at an increased cost. Was the service department correct in this statement?

Finally, I have 2 small burn holes on the interior, both of which can be covered by a credit card. Is this something I really need to be concerned about?

Any help and guidance would be tremendously appreciated!

michigangrad
  • pete6pete6 Member Posts: 12
    I have leased for at least 25 years and this is the first lease I have ever had with a turn-in fee and mine is $450. Something else that I encountered on my last two leases is that the dealership would not negotiate with me on purchasing the vehicle I was leasing (Mitsubishi and Chrysler). Well, Chrysler would be at almost $5K over blue book value!
    Hi michigangrad. I personally think that you'd be fine with a used tire. As long as it is the same type of tire that is on the rest of the wheels and it has enough tread life left, how are Chrysler Financial or the inspector going to know that it was used?

An animal chewed through a wire, hmmmmm. It's possible but I'm always skeptical about diagnoses like that. If this is the case, you might be charged by Chrysler Financial...or whichever bank you are leasing through...if you return your car with the sensor on, or you might now. One never knows what the inspectors will catch or care about for certain. You certainly would technically be liable for this sort of damage. You can always roll the dice and return your Pacifica with it and see what happens. If you fix the problem on your own, you definitely will have to pay for it. If you take your chances and return the vehicle you might not. Of course, I don't know what the difference in cost between the excess wear and tear penalty and the actual cost to repair this problem would be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pete6. I;m surprised that you've never had to pay a termination aka disposition fee on a lease before. Most banks charge fees like this to consumers who don't lease their next new vehicle through them.

Car_man
    Host
    Will 07 & 08 Pacifica Touring FWD keep depreciating so badly? Seems like it is headed to $10k - $13k soon than it should. thanks
    Especially if the gas prices hold or get higher.
  • Lady_LavenderLady_Lavender Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at an '08 Touring w/AWD and all the bells and whistles. What should I pay? It has 19,150 miles but looks like new. :confuse:
    You should be able to buy one brand new for $8,000+ off MSRP, with the lifetime powertrain warranty and better financing terms (new vs. used), so considerably less than that.
  • ZYBZYB Member Posts: 1
    I have always liked the Pacifica AWD- it seems like a sturdy car with a lot of features for the money. Now that Chrysler has discontinued it, I am tempted to purchase a loaded AWD Touring version with all the bells and whistles (essentially a loaded Limited without the nameplate). The MSRP is about $39,000, and my local dealer came down to $29,000.
    Can someone help me with the following questions:
    1. Is it reasonable to try to get the price lower? The car has been sitting on the lot forever, and will probably continue doing so - is this enough of an incentive to the dealer to go any lower?
    2. The Pacifica has not gotten the best of reviews from U.S. News and others - "below average" value, etc. I plan on keeping the car for at least 7 years. Should I be concerned with the initial steep depreciation that it will suffer?
    3. What is the reliablity of car? Again, reviews are all over the page.
    4. My personal feeling is that, all in all, it is a great value for the money. However, what is the feeling out there about the warranty and Chrysler's future?

Sorry for the long winded question. I have bought many Chryslers of the years, incuding a recent PT Convertible (always new cars), and have enjoyed them. I have very mixed feelings in this case - I like the car but afraid that it might not be wise choice.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to comment. :)
    Since you got no replies here, did you find answers to your questions elsewhere? I cannot help you much other than what you probably already know -- Consumer Reports, JD Powers, Edmunds (of course). With the discontinuation of Pacifica, and with Chrysler's major financial deficits (?bankruptcy and parts availability down the road), with Pacifica inability to hold resale value, I say hold out for a "steal" of, say, 30-40 percent off of MRSP on 08, or find a BIG discount off dealer retail for a used 07 or 08. I am in no rush so holding for used 30K Pac at $10,000. Craigslist had a Portland Oregon 07 AWD at 60K for $10 recently, and a 07 FWD at $12. Hope I helped ya. Luck on the hunt.
    Hey, >>> ?Can you give me any dealer sources for new Pacificas in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, or No. Calif??
    $29,000 sounds close for a $39,000 MSRP. You could probably do better, but it sounds like a good place to begin haggling. If the car sits on the lot much longer (and it may), then the price should drop accordingly. It seems like a buyer's market these days, and could be for some time.

If you keep the car 7 years, then the steep depreciation shouldn't matter. The steep part of the curve would be at the beginning. When the car is 7 years old with 150,000 miles, then it will be worth about the same as similar 7 year old cars.

Our Pacifica seems OK so far (it's pretty new though), but folks I know have had good luck with theirs (older models with the 3.5L/4 Speed Automatic).

You can't beat the lifetime powertrain warranty. Of course, if Chrysler folds, then the warranty doesn't matter, but that seems highly unlikely. Worst-case, someone will buy Chrysler (it's happened before). When Daimler merged with Chrysler and eventually took over, the Chrysler warranties didn't disappear. They were just passed along as liabilities and honored by Daimler.
  • hwr1hwr1 Member Posts: 1
    Pacifica 06 lease running outHi

My Pacifica 06 lease is running out in January. Is Chrysler dealing on the residuals. They were not a month ago.

My residual value $14,500 I would like to buy it cheaper

Any suggestions

HR
This discussion has been closed.