Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• barkleybarkley Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased the upgraded stereo system and if so, is it worth it? Where I am located, Northern VA, the packages available doesn't include that option.
  • hbc75hbc75 Member Posts: 37
    Just Looking3, where are you located? Which dealershipe did you get that price at?
  • justlooking3justlooking3 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Philadelphia, PA and three dealerships that I went to all agreed to give me the vehicle for 42,300. I also had a trade in but they did not know that in the beginning. That is still $1,000 over invoice. I used AAA to find me the lowest price quote in the area and they quoted me 43,300. Then I talked to Prestige Lexus in NY. Prestige started at 43,300 and then started to drop 42,800, and then 42,300. I was willing to drive the 2 hours if local dealers didn't come down but they all did. I finally decided to use Thompson Lexus in Doylestown because they were the easiest to deal with and they immediately met my price request. Do your research and then let them know you are going to buy from the dealership that gives you the best price! I think we both got a fair deal. I probably could've gotten them lower but it gets exhausting after a while! I chose black exterior and the light gray interior. I am picking it up on Friday. Hope that helps.
  • dealhunt_101dealhunt_101 Member Posts: 40
    excar, what dealership in NJ was it? i am planning on buying a rx350 this weekend. please reply. thanks!
  • divaranidivarani Member Posts: 6
    justlooking3, did you get the quote over the phone from Prestige? Was it the Prestige in Ramsey or Westchester? Ramsey told me $43983 over the phone for RX 350 AWD w/ Nav. And I've bought from them before. I wonder if the AAA makes a diff
    i just got off the phone with the Ray Catena, NJ dealership. they offered me $42,300 + TTL on RX350. Total came to $45,564. He added some $300 fees (doc fees, credit inquiry, online registration, etc) which I plan on negotiating. Is $45,200 good after TTL? Will appreciate a reply.
    Update - FYI:
    Spoke with Ray Catena and Prestige (NY-NJ) again, and they quoted $41,800 + TTL = $44,785 on road.
  • lpanllpanl Member Posts: 2
    The same dealer quoted me
    $41,800 for 2007 RX350:

The vehicle that I quoted is as follows;
    AWD RX350 2007 with these packages:
    - FT 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    - HH Heated seats with rain sensing wipers
    - NV Navigation System with rear Camera
    - PT Premium plus package
    - TO Tow package
    - C1 & WL, accessory

I assume this includes the 11 speaker
    Mark Levinson (we have been only exchanging
    emails so I did not get a chance to ask).

And he mentioned the Lexus rear-seat entertainment
    system with 7' screen is about $1,600 (additional).

Did he quote me $1,000 more (compared to yours)?

-lepa
  • lpanllpanl Member Posts: 2
    Hi koolio:

May I ask if you have bought it from Lexus Cerritos
    at the price they quoted you? How was the experience
    dealing with them?

Thanks,

-lpanl
    Bought rx 350 AWD w/ NAV for $41,400 plus TTL.

Many thanks to all on this forum as it helped a great deal.
  • rlc001rlc001 Member Posts: 9
    I stopped by a dealer in central florida late today to pick up a brochure on the RX350 and ended up going home with an RX350 as well. The dealer had a dozen or so RX350 in stock but only had one in stock with navi and it was a fully loaded one with the rear dvd entertainment and Mark Levinson system. I think the only options not on this car were the laser cruise control, performance package, and the multi panel moonroof. Otherwise, it is fully loaded. List was $48403. I got it for $43000 +T&L. This would be about 88.8% of msrp and is about $900 over invoice. Deal was straight forward. No games and no hard sale on extras by the dealer. I was in and out in less than 2 hours. I thought this was a pretty good deal given the car is a 2007 car just released for sale. The color is crystal white with the ivory interior which is our first choice of color combo. I do like the black exterior as well, especially with the gold package but we already own a black car and it is true that black car is hard to keep clean and will show all dirt. But a clean black car is a real sharp car! We will take our new RX out tomorrow (Easter Sunday) for a drive and I'm sure we will enjoy it. Hope you all have a good deal as well. You can't go wrong with a Lexus!
  • seansarkarseansarkar Member Posts: 5
    Could you please tell me which dealership you used in the DC metro area. I am also looking for a 3yr 15k lease of the RX330 w/Nav. The best I had received until I stumbled into this goldmine of pricing info :D was 612/mo w/4000 down based on a price of 42,700 at Rockville. I did not check on details abt the Residual value and Money factor thou.
    Thanks in Advance !!
  • mkassclovermkassclover Member Posts: 1
    hello to all.
    i am trying to move up in class and i have been looking at the 06 RX330 AWD. i absolutely love this vehicle and it seems that i am on the borderline of whether or not i can afford to lease it or if i have to go to a certified 05.
    here is what i have come up with:
    msrp:$37,770 inv: $33,425
    pt premium + package: msrp $2,960 inv: $2,368.
    when all is said and done the total msrp is $41,425, the inv: $36,488 and edmunds fair price is $38,080.
    i have read some stories of these going for under sticker but just can't possibly believe i am going to accomplish that in jersey. i am going over to Tri-County Lexus in little falls, nj, hoping to cut a deal next week.
    what can i lease this for at 15k and 18k miles.
    i actually put on 18k and assume that to price the miles in now will avoid $1000.00 in overage later.
    the "best" price i have from the dealers over the phone is $525 + tax for 60 months. i know i can get a better price on this. using edmunds price on the lexus payment estimater i have come up with $494 + tax for 60 months.
    i would greatly appreciate any help i could get.
    dealhunt - did you end up purchasing this weekend?
    i ended up buying a ES330 instead. got a nice deal from Prestige, NJ. i have posted my experience on the ES330 thread.
  • stevekpstevekp Member Posts: 2
    Here's the deal I got on Saturday, 15 April 06:

2007 RX350
    Flint Mica, Black Leather
    Premium Plus
    Navigation
    18 in. wheels
    Heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, headlamp washers
    Towing prep
    Cargo mat
    Wheel locks

MSRP : $46,583.00
    Price: $41,764.00

I have nothing but good things to say about this dealership and the sales rep... send email for details

My wife loves her new car!
  • stevekpstevekp Member Posts: 2
    lpanl:
    >I assume this includes the 11 speaker Mark Levinson
    Probably not... you're describing what appears to be a factory standard bundle of options that includes Nav...

It'd be several thousand more if it included the Levinson sound system.
  • zzbickyzzzzbickyzz Member Posts: 2
    Wow that is a great deal.
    Would appreciate the name of the salesman you dealt with at Pleasanton Lexus.

Thanks..
    Dan
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

did anyone get a nice deal on the platinum extended service plan?
  • ilikelexusilikelexus Member Posts: 1
    At the end of last month, for $37,595.00 I bought a used demo RX 330 w/ less than 1800 miles. It came with a premium plus package. This was the best price we could get on it after mucho haggling. In view of the fact that a new 2006 RX 330 with the premium package is in the $42,000 - $43,000 range I am satisfied. I purchased a nearly brand new 2006 suv with very little mileage, not yet broken in. There was probably some room to negotiate for one of the new 2006 RX 330s because the dealor had the RX 350 models available and on the floor. But we concentrated our negotiations upon the used RX 330 that I eventually bought. Additionally, the dealor during the haggling threw in mats and a cargo net. BTW, the dealorship was Lexus of Manhattan in New York.
  • dmalldmall Member Posts: 1
    Planning to buy 2007 FWD RX 350 with Nav soon. I live in Texas and was wondering what is the lowest price anybody got from Dallas or Houston dealers. I would greatly appreciate a response.
  • bamboogirlbamboogirl Member Posts: 1
    I bought RX350 at Ray Catena for $41,850 AWD, premium package, nav, rear camera, tow package, etc. (Pretty much everything but the DVD player and the suspension option).

I got the price over the phone after haggling with several dealers in NY and NJ. That being said, I paid cash so didn't have extra fees for leasing, etc. They were fabulous!
  • superfreaksuperfreak Member Posts: 1
    In DC area lowest we could negotiate for 2007 RX350 AWD was $42,200, with these packages:

- FT 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    - HH Heated seats with rain sensing wipers
    - NV Navigation System with rear Camera
    - PT Premium plus package
    - TO Tow package
    - C1 & WL, accessory

Got a lease with money factor of .0027. We bought at Lexus of Silver Spring which was a good experience, straightforward and nice people.
  • seansarkarseansarkar Member Posts: 5
    Could you tell me what terms you got the lease for (i.e., 12k/15k 36mo/48mo). Also what residual value did they offer you. I was initially in the market to get the RX 330 AWD w/NAV, then thought of getting the RX 350 (after driving it) and now am close to finalizing a deal for the 400h w/Lexus of Silver Spring. I have to say after a terrible experience with Rockville the people at Silver Spring have been very upfront and honest. Thanks in advance.
  • winebytheglasswinebytheglass Member Posts: 4
    Can I ask you what you think of it ? My research says it now has a six-cd player and trunk cover as standard equipment...therefore the real amount of the new price is around $500.

Can I ask what you paid..how much over invoice ?

Thanks.
    Please help - the EOM clock is ticking....Has anyone heard that you can get a 07 RX 350 with a MSRP of $42215 (Premium Plus, 18" Tires, Heated Seats and Wipers) for $38,000 plus Doc Fees,Tag and Tax. By my calculations it's $910 over invoice. Is that a good deal ?

It's from an ATL dealer who works in the Internet department.

Thanks in advance for any help in this deal.
  • nwtnwt Member Posts: 10
    Do most people keep the standard wheels or pay for the upgrade to 18" wheels? Thoughts?
  • 10scoachrick10scoachrick Member Posts: 74
    wbtg, I dealt with the Internet Business Mgr. at Nalley on Hwy 41...very nice young lady. Very straightforward and direct--highly recommended. Our deal was on a 330 shortly before the 350s were to arrive but your figures on the 350 look very pretty aggressive--just ask! Tell her CoachRick says hello!
  • 10scoachrick10scoachrick Member Posts: 74
    nwt, My search for a 330 earlier in the year showed 'zero' standard wheels available on in-stock vehicles--everything had the upgrade to 18". There might be some out there but I never saw any. Funny to see all these RXs out there with exactly the same wheels!
  • deymayordeymayor Member Posts: 13
    Just accepted an offer for an RX-350 AWD with NAV and Premium Plus package for $41,750 from Ray Catena Lexus. Excellent service all the way. I brought my wife and we test-drove both the 350 and the 400h and she preferred the 350. The stiff steering on the 400h from time to time did not appeal to her and she said it feld weird when the truck switches from battery to gas. for me, the price tag on the 400h is the deal-breaker ($46,000 for the same options.) Anyway, their internet sales manager was very patient with us despite the fact that we had to change color and options throughout the whole process. Ended up getting the Bamboo Pearl with Ivory interior. Highly recommended!!!
  • sjsharkiesjsharkie Member Posts: 9
    First new car in 13 years...felt I deserved it :)

2007 RX350 AWD
    Flint Mica
    Grey Leather
    PT Premium Plus Pkg
    NV Navigation System
    FT 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    HH Heated seats with rain sensing wipers
    TO Tow package
    C1 Cargo Mat
    WL Wheel Locks
    XM Satellite Radio (dealer installed option)

$42,260 before TTL ($41,760 without XM option)

Great experience, no pressure at Serramonte Lexus (Colma, CA). Sure helped to have all the prices posted on this board. Went in, took less than an hour to finalize the price. I ended up paying $500 for the XM option. Probably would have gotten cheaper if I went somewhere else and did it aftermarket, but didn't really want a non-dealer messing with the new car. (They told me $650 was their cost, but that seemed a bit steep).
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    I got the following quote. Is this good? My mother wants a ivory white. Is that the bamboo pearl or crystal white?

Thanks!
    RX350 FWD with
    Navigation System with Rear View Camera, Bluetooth, Voice Activation and Compass
    18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with 235/55R18 Tires and Full Size Spare Tire
    Two-Level Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers and Headlamp Washers
    Premium Plus Package includes leather trim interior, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory, roof rack with rails, illuminated entry system, one-touch open/close moonroof and HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps with AFS (Adaptive Front lighting System).
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks
    Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $45,023.00

CURRENT INTERNET SALES PRICE: $40,187.00 (From S. CA dealers)

I also got another quote for 40128.

Is this a go or no go?
  • confucius1127confucius1127 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I got the following quote:

On a 2007 RX350 AWD

- Nav System
    - Premium Plus
    - 18 inch alloy
    - Heated front seats + wipers
    - Towing prep package
    - cargo mat
    - wheel locks
    - 695 destination fee
    MSRP = 46,583
    Invoice ~ 40,800

My first quote (waiting on 5 more) is 42,583

What price should I aim for?

Also, can someone explain to me the whole buying from a dealer from another state thing? like...how the taxes work..and how the car actually gets to you?

Thanks.
  • turbodog3turbodog3 Member Posts: 8
    I just need you guys' opinion on Black RX330 CPO with 40k miles, Performance package, NAV, Dynamic cruise control, no RSES/Heated Seats. Dealer asking 34K. Good deal or bad deal? Houston area. Thanks.
  • lv350lv350 Member Posts: 2
    I also just purchased a 2007 RX-350 for my wife. The MSRP was $42,373. I paid $40,000 out of door in so cal. The car consists of:

- FWD
    - Premium Plus Package
    - 18" Aluminum Alloy wheels with all season tires
    - Multi-stage Heated front seats w/ rain-sensor wipers & headlamp washers
    - Cargo mat
    - Wheel locks
    - silver exterior with black interior
  • livebaitlivebait Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my RX350 AWD tonight from Coliseum Lexus of Oakland. They are a wonderful group of people to do business with. It was a quick, painless process with no pressure whatsoever. I met with a sales person on Saturday and test drove an RX. I said that I did not have my homework with me, but if we could come to an agreement on a price, I would committ to buying it from him. Yesterday, I gave him a figure of $41700 to beat and within an hour got back with me with a price of $41000 plus TTL.

Thanks to all of you who posted on this site with the prices they paid. Without your help, I wouldn't have had a clue as to where to begin.

2007 RX350 AWD

Millennium Silver Metallic
    Black Leather Interior
    PT Premium Plus Pkg
    NV Navigation System
    FT 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    HH Heated seats with rain sensing wipers
    TO Tow package
    C1 Cargo Mat
    WL Wheel Locks

MSRP = 46,583
    Price paid before TTL = $41,000
  • neverestneverest Member Posts: 5
    For anyone who has access to the lease numbers for June, I would love to know based on 36mth/15K lease on a RX350 AWD w/ nav. I have been quoted the following figures from Prestige Lexus in NJ - not their dead final offer, but their second one:

2007 RX350 AWD w/ nav:
    Cap - $41842
    Residual - 57%
    MF - 0.001550, or 0.000650 with 5175 MSD

Do those figures seem right to people in the know? How, if any, will these figures change for June? I feel that the MF is fairly aggressive and am ready to buy, even though it's a month or so earlier than I had wanted to. I know the cap can be done better and if I can get the guy down to 41.5K even I'm in, but not sure what the next couple days may entail... I have not seen 41K figures from anywhere in the east coast quoted yet so I think I've been doing all right thus far.

Thanks to anyone who can comment/help!
  • beemertimebeemertime Member Posts: 20
    Hi I received a quote from a dealership in CT on a 2007 RX 350 fully loaded with nav and etc

MSRP 46524, offered me at 41,700. about 11% off.

is this a good offer or should i ask for more?
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    If this is AWD then I think it's good price, eventhough, some ppl have posted that they got the car for around 41.2k.
    I've tried to talk them to match the 41.2k, but all 3 Dealers here can't do it.
  • beemertimebeemertime Member Posts: 20
    hey ivn098 did you try catena ray lexus in NY? or try the mcdonemitt in CT?

those two offered 41,200 and 41,400 respectedly
  • lookieloulookielou Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to buy a used RX 330, preferably a 2005 with all of the toys (NAV, DVD, heated seats, Mark Levenson sound, etc.).

I found one from a private owner for $33,000 that has 23,000 miles and is in show room condition. Does that sound like a very good deal?
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    I am here in GA, not sure if I can buy for those Dealers and pick up the car locally.
    Thanks for the info,
  • tizotizo Member Posts: 2
    That sounds really low. I'm purchasing RX350 AWD/18" wheels, wheel locks, tow prep pkg, premium plus, navigation/backup camera, etc for $41,762 $500 over invoice in Northern New Jersey. I saw the invoice.

Picking up in next several days
  • tizotizo Member Posts: 2
    Are you kidding? What exactly is it including?

RX350 AWd
    Prem Plus pkg
    18"wheels
    tow prep
    Navigation
    Heated front seats
    rain sensing wipers
    wheel locks
    cargo mat

$41,762 plus tax and motor vehicle costs. (Northern NJ dealership) If somebody offered, 41, 200 or 41,400 I would grab it.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Sorry, but posts containing or requesting info about specific salespeople get the zap :( Please see the red lettering above the "post a message" box. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gxworldgxworld Member Posts: 4
    I think it's a very good deal if you've done all your homework. I'll buy it and trade it in just before the original warranty expires. I wouldn't wanna drive a 33k car w/o warranty. Lexus is not immune to breaking down, repair cost could be very expensive. If you plan to keep it past 50k, I'd buy a CPO instead. Just my opinion. Good Luck!!
  • crapz1crapz1 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, newbie here. Has anyone gotten below invoice for an 07 RX350? Reading this thread, it seems like $500 above invoice is pretty good. What's the closest to invoice you guys have seen?
  • sam57sam57 Member Posts: 2
    I received a price quote of $41,500 for a 2007 RX350 FWD with the Premium Plus Package. Has anyone received a better price in GA?
    Yeah i bought a 07 premium package car with 18" wheels, wheel locks, rain sensing wipers, towing pkg. and cargo mat for 37,411...in Gwinett County....plus tax, title & registration fees.

MSRP was $41,178.
This discussion has been closed.