Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    '06 invoice for TL with NAVI is about $32,800, plus or minus a few bucks. Check Kelly Blue Book (kbb); they may have the exact $ figure.
  • nosmonosmo Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my 2006 TL on Saturday. Paid $1000 over invoice in Northern California for non Nav - $32800. Great experience, and saved me a lot of time.

Love the TL! :)
  • bogiedriverbogiedriver Member Posts: 12
    I haven't seen the invoice on any website for the 2006's. I was told by my dealer that it is $32,819.97 including destination charge. This confirms another post of $32,820 I saw on this site and is inline with the MSRP increase from the 05 model.
  • fastfredfastfred Member Posts: 31
    Take a look at post 4806, all you need to know in NJ. The price is $1000 over invoice. As for sales manager.
  • troytntroytn Member Posts: 8
    I stopped in my dealer today and thanked him for everything and told him I would see hin in 3 years for another TL when my lease was up and he told me that he was recently told that the TL will go under a complete body change and upgrade in 2009 and will be released in the fall of 2008. So the 2007 and 2008 model changes will be minor from the current 2006 model. That means atleast 3 more years of this current successful design. That would mean the current TL design would last for 5 years. Seems a little long. So I'm sure he was incorrectly informed.

Troy
  • tlrulztlrulz Member Posts: 3
    I need some number on best price for an 06 TL w/o Navi in the Houston area. I saw discussions on the w Navi option, but none on w/o. Also what is the invoice price for w/o Navi on the new TL.
    Thnx.
  • ljlmjlljlmjl Member Posts: 5
    How did you get this price. Did you first contact this dealer via the internet?
    I went to edmunds to price out a 2006 TL with navagation system and requested the 2 dealers near me to contact me. Open Road Acura of East Brunswick was the only dealer that contacted me via the internet with a price of $34,710. They keep on calling me & e-mailing me to come in & take a test drive. But I know when I contact them their price of $34,710 does even include destination charges.
    So my question to you is did you first contact them via the internet or did you just walk in?

Also let me confirm the price you got was for a 2006 TL with navagation.

Please let me know Thanks
  • eg424eg424 Member Posts: 24
    Hope someone on this forum can help. I'm hoping to learn something about buying experiences and/or servicing at Acura of Santa Monica in So.Calif. Unlike many, in this forum, I'm fortunate to have many dealers from which to choose.

Santa Monica Acura is only 3 miles from where I work and would be the most convenient for servicing during the work day. Though I realize the car can be serviced at any Acura dealer. Any help would be appreciated, especially about the buying experiences. Thanks
  • sushi96720sushi96720 Member Posts: 12
    I'm an overseas purchaser from Hawaii. I've been checking the forum for the past 4 months and learned where the good deals are. For me any dealer on the West Coast will do since the shipping costs are the same.
    I tried emailing Santa Monica Acura, Glendale Acura and Keyes Acura. Got response from all but Glendale declined to sell since their inventory was small. I took the quote from Santa Monica and got a deal from Keyes. I ended up with $31,800 + $45 doc fee for a White/Parchment Non Navi. Navigation doesn't work in Hawaii. State tax in Hawaii is 4.166% so I'll save some money there.
    I thank all of you that posted vital information concerning good deals.
    In Hawaii TL's start at MSRP + $2800 Additional dealer markup.
    Hope to get the car in about 2 weeks. :)
  • elvis4prezelvis4prez Member Posts: 85
    I'm in Louisiana but did get Houston quotes for 06 TL Navi (net, not phone yet):

Champion: "will try to get close to $1000 ove invoice" as I requested
    Gillman: MSRP (whaddaheck?!) :mad:
    Eagle: "a few weeks before your color arrives" but no price :confuse:
    McCall: awaiting a reply

Orr (Shreveport): offered 1000 off MSRP but seemed interested in 1000 over invoice and "making it happen"

Let us know how you make out.
  • jrboyjrboy Member Posts: 3
    What would be a good deal for a 2006 TL with Navi in southern california?
    I'm thinking about leasing.
    nosmo: Good luck with the TL. I think you paid about $2,000 over invoice, not $1,000, as you stated. The invoice on the '06 TL non-NAV is about $30,980. If you paid $32,800, that's nearly $2,000 over invoice ($1,800). But using a broker saved you a lot of time and trouble.
  • tlrulztlrulz Member Posts: 3
    Does the $31,800 include destination charge or is that separate? This seems too good to be true deal at this time. I am in the market for an '06 TL w/o Navi and wondering what is the right price to pay?
  • fastfredfastfred Member Posts: 31
    The deal was for a 2006 tl auto navi silver/quartz. I got the same thing off the internet quote you got. Call the Sales Manager in East Brunswick, (forum does not allow posting names) tell him what you are willing to pay, I paid invoice + 1000 + destination 615 + doc fee 298, tax tag and title is additional. The invoice is 32205.

Not that hard, be pleasant, they are good folks, easy to work with. Good Luck!
  • danny6996danny6996 Member Posts: 2
    2005 numbers are as follows TL NAV MSRP = 35670 invoice = 32555 a difference of $3115. 2006 MSRP = 35940, subtract last years difference of 3115 and you get 32825, I would guess thats a rough invoice where to start, but cmon guys look at the big picture, either way your all smart shoppers and are gonna get great deals, your putting way too much time and effort into this. Go get your car.

Good luck, good shopping.
  • 95_tlc95_tlc Member Posts: 17
    Have you considered Classic in Beaumont? I shopped all over Houston and got a better deal in Beaumont, which worked out great for me since I live in Beaumont.
  • greensuspendergreensuspender Member Posts: 8
    Here's my experience.....
    I live in Utah where there are only 2 Acura dealers and they wouldn't even go further than 500 below MSRP (Yea right). So I searched Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, and Oregon. I searched Oregon because I saw a few postings earlier in the site. Anyway, this was a long process but I think I found my diamond in the rough. This is the breakdown of best quote yet:

2006 TL with Navi Anthracite/Ebony
    Price: 33,500
    Tax: 2093.75 (Utah is 6.25%)
    License Fee: 188.50
    Pro Pack: 322.00
    Total: 36,104.25 Out the Door

A few thousand below anything here so I will fly out to Portland in 3 weeks to pick it up and let you all know how it went, I will get a purchase order faxed to me tomorrow. I hope this thing is real! Can anyone let me know if there is something better out there in No Cal or something?

And finally, I checked out that broker the message board had on it and they are pretty good, they found me the car for 34,300 and that included the fees for them. I would have had to go to Denver, so that may be worth a shot. Good luck!
  • cdangcdang Member Posts: 12
    greensuspender,

I was wondering what dealer was offering the price of 34,300 for the 06 with navi? I'm in the process of shopping around in Denver and haven't asked for any quotes yet. It would be nice to know the name of the dealership as I am looking to pay around 34k also. Thanks.
  • sushi96720sushi96720 Member Posts: 12
    Destination charge is included in the price. Keyes Acura seemed very willing to deal and sell cars. In addition to this was $45 doc fee and $8.75 CA disposal fee (don't know what that is).
    I was surprised myself to the low figures.
    cdang:

The guy didn't give me the dealer but here is the broker's website: http://www.centennialleasing.com/ , call them and tell them you want 35K out the door (including TTL) and they will do the searching for you. then tell them a friend of yours just got a quote for 34,300 including their fees. I hope that helps, I should have asked the dealer but I doubt they would have told me until I purchased. Good luck!!

PS I'm from Highlands Ranch myself but now living in Utah. I miss CO!
  • delirius4everdelirius4ever Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 06 w/ Nav. I have called some dealers in so cal and I am getting a price of $33,894 + fees. This price includes destination and wheel locks. Is this a good deal? Thanks.image
  • cdangcdang Member Posts: 12
    greensuspender,

Thanks so much, I'll definitely look into it. Please keep us updated on your purchasing experience.
    delirious, Yes, that's a good price, about $1,000 over invoice. Not bad considering the '06 just came out. What are the fees though? Just tax and license?
  • liketosqlliketosql Member Posts: 2
    delirius-

I'd say that's an excellent price. I have done much homework in the SoCal area and have only found $34,500 for an '06 w/navi. If you end up closing the deal, would you mind posting the dealership name? The only thing that is holding me back is that my house is in escrow, but should officially be sold by next week.

thanks!
  • nbwnbw Member Posts: 18
    Where in Oregon, I'm also looking for the same deal... I'm in Seattle.
  • acuranaviacuranavi Member Posts: 5
    I received an email from the internet manager of a local Acura dealer that starting on 10/27 through 11/2 Acura will offer 3.9% financing for up to 60 months on any new 05 and 06 Acura. Can anyone confirm this and if so, will this rate include leases?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • drmike29drmike29 Member Posts: 26
    I had to get them to come down almost $900 from their initial offer, but got Frankel Acura in Baltimore to sell me 2006 TL with Navi (and wheel locks) for $34,070 including destination charge. I should have the car within the week. Thanks for the help of others here for giving me the facts to give to dealer to show them what others are paying.
    Mike
  • happytlhappytl Member Posts: 17
    Santa Monica is where I do my car buying and service they are top notch and always have loaner cars.
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    nothing on the website today
    Today I sent out an "offer to purchase"...
    2006, TL, Blk/Blk/Auto/Nav with wheel locks and factory carpeted floor mats all fees included for $34,000. We will see who wants my money !
  • tarzanricantarzanrican Member Posts: 1
    hey guys, i need a little advice.
    I been to a few dealers and the best price i got for a 2006 blk on blk, 6 speed with navi, full body kit & spoiler...with tax and what every bullcrap charges comes to about $38,000. is that resonable? I been to other places which its going for about another $2000 or so. I dont want to get raped, so any advice or tips, would be appreciated ASAP...thanks!!!! :D
  • ejhuntejhunt Member Posts: 3
    Just got a deal here in Houston Tx for a 2006 w/nav for 34000. They had me at 34800 but told them I wanted a 2005 for 33300 (w/nav). Unless I can find a better deal I will go with the 34000 tomorrow. Let me know if you find a better deal. Once I close this one I will repost. This is before ttl, but includes destination charges.
  • ejhuntejhunt Member Posts: 3
    interesting the sales guy showed me the invoice price to them was $32,600 for 2006 w/nav. If you get the consumer reports buying tip (I got 2005 for the TL) it list the dealer invoice for $32,600. But I have also heard the price went up $200 from 2005 year.
    It's confirmed...I have their ADP document in front of me that states 3.9 for 60. It's the lowest rates out there for sure, I work with Credit Unions and are updated on their rates.
    which houston dealer?
    confirm with repost, please.
    any hints on how you got this good deal?? ;)
  • cacdrccacdrc Member Posts: 5
    I bought my 06 TL Nav with Pro Pack (wheel locks, side moldings, trunk boot, mud flaps) from Sacramento Niello for $34,579 plus $45 doc fee, sales tax and license. They delivered the car last Saturday (we live an hour away), and Monday AM we took it to a body shop to have Teflon coating applied. Got a call from the owner of the shop telling us that our brand new car had been touch-up repainted - badly. We called Niello who told us to take the car to our local dealer in Concord to have them examine the car. Acura reps just happened to be visiting the dealership when we arrived (unbelievable timing). We told them we wanted the car replaced with another car, but left the local dealership with no real commitment. We were heartsick thinking of the hassle we would probably be in store for getting the issue resolved. Within 15 minutes of returning home, we got a call from Niello GM telling us a new car would be delivered the next day. It happened, the local dealership detailed it for us, and Teflon coating was applied. We love the car, and were impressed by the experience. Acura made it right, both dealerships were concerned with our "buying experience", and we emphatically recommend Sacramento Niello.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    It sounds like they bought your intrest rate and you will pay for that 3.9 .
    Call ACURA and see if they have that rate.
  • invasianinvasian Member Posts: 19
    EJHUNT
    I was wondering what dealership you went to. As I am also interested in purchasing a '06 TL w/ nav, and would love to save hours trying to negotiate b/w different dealerships. Thanks!
    Here is what I recieved from the 3 state dealers...
    2006 TL with NAV including delivery charges
    $33,500 if I want to wait a few weeks
    $34,000 (with matts) if I want one on the floor

both are good offers

Some dealers would not play, others didn't discount much and said that they dont have to try and sell these cars as they are in high demand. My point is this....
    I've got the money... WHO WANTS IT.
    Remember this... when a car is the same...exactly the same... the car becomes a commodity and the best price is what sells !
    Great prices. $33,500 is just a few hundred over invoice. Watch out for hidden extra charges like doc fees and other things dealers think up.
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    I found this rather strange. My friends son went to our local Acura dealer intent on buying a new TL, he is 28 had a 3 year old car as a trade and has a good job.
    Well for some reason he was ignored, got no help for over a half hour, talked to a sales guy and the guy did not come back. So he left and went 20 miles to the next Acura dealer in the area and had a good experience and bought a new TL.
    This dealer lost an easy sale all they had to do was verify that he was really looking for a car, seems like they need to go back and review sales training 101. Old Mike
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    What options do you folks recommend getting in the the purchase price? For example, is the Pro Pack a good option to include in the price? What exactly comes with the Pro Pack? Are there any other needed options that should be included in the price?
    I have agreed on a fair price and the 3.9% interest rate on "in stock" units. Tomorrow I go to pick it all up and drive the car home.

If all is good, I will post my experience, price and service. I will also post the dealer and thier phone number, so far I highly recomend them. Stay tuned !
  • joseph42sjoseph42s Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone have invoice info on a TL without NAV. It seems most of the post have NAV. I dont really want Nav.
  • tlgaltlgal Member Posts: 22
    Hi Cacdrc

Niello is one of the dealerships I plan on contacting to make my TL purchase next month. I have a couple of questions for you, what's a trunk boot? Additionally, what kind of teflon coating are you getting--is it an undercoating?
    Also, how did you work the delivery to your door? I hadn't thought about negotiating that...
  • tlbuyer2tlbuyer2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone. I've been looking around to get the best deal on 06 tl w/navi, and it seems like I can get one for $500 to $800 over invoice (I'm gonna try to do even better :)). Since I'm financing the car (I've never done this before), what will stop the dealer from giving me a much higher rate than what I would have gotten if I had bought the car at msrp? A dealler would not tell me a precise rate when I tell him what my credit score is. They keep telling me that I have a very high credit score and that I would get the best rates, but who knows what he 'll say when it comes to signing the contract. Say I decide that the rate is too high and walk away from the deal. I go to the next dealler, get a great deal, he has my credit history checked again, he tries to compensate for my "gret deal" by charging me higher rates. I cannot keep doing this because the credit score goes down every time somebody checks it. How do you guys/ladies deal with this issue? I'm I wrong about the whole thing? Can I have a contract which would stipulate that the dealer has to give me a certain rate if my credit rating above a certain mark?

Also, if I get pre-approved by Acura/Honda company (which I assume means that they will give me more or less reasonable financing rates to buy the tl), does this mean that every acura dealer has to use that exact rate? Will a dealler be getting my credit history now from Acura/honda Co. or will he be doing the my credit history check anew? If the latter, then the situation becomes the same as in the above mentioned paragraph, and then there is no point in getting pre-approved.
    I'm I wrong or what?
    Thank you in advance for your comments/sugestions.
    Get your own bank or credit union financing lined up or preapproved first then make the dealer beat it (if they can).
    Seems like you're trying to cover too many financing contingencies.

Next... tell us where you're getting 500-800 over invoice for 06 Nav :surprise: :)
  • prime203prime203 Member Posts: 20
    Ok so i recently sold my 04 infiniti FX35 (horrible car) and im interested in purchasing a 06 TL, im wondering what kind of prices should i be looking for in southern cali (Auto trany with nav), and if anyone on this forum is from socal, where would you recommend (dealership wise).
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "I've been looking around to get the best deal on 06 tl w/navi, and it seems like I can get one for $500 to $800 over invoice"

A quote is a quote only and not enforcable under law as I understand it.

"A dealler would not tell me a precise rate when I tell him what my credit score is. They keep telling me that I have a very high credit score and that I would get the best rates"

The dealer does not set the intrest rates.. the banks or CU's do. It can be true that MOST people with a good or high credit score can GENERALY get the best rates however there may be exceptions such as how long you have established credit.

" I cannot keep doing this because the credit score goes down every time somebody checks it."

If you have good credit a few hits will NOT make any difference at all.

Some dealer may "buy" a good rate from you from a lending institution such as 2.9 or 3.9 percent when they buy that rate they pass that price they paid for that low rate to you.
  • schwabbie1schwabbie1 Member Posts: 4
    Just a point of correction. Although the dealers do not set an interest rate, they can, and do, adjust it (usually starting high and going down if need be). I know this because I used to be an F&I manager at a new car dealership. Additionally, mulitple checks of a credit rating in a short amount of time without purchasing will affect a credit score negatively. Will it take you from an 800 to a 600? No, but it will definitely make it go down. Just my .02 worth.