Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kps3kps3 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased my 2012 Legacy at $366 BELOW dealer cost as listed on Truecar. The internet sales guy at Grand Subaru in Bensenville, IL, Dan D'Andrea, was great to work with. I think I was in and out in 35 minutes with my car. I got a Satin Pearl White with 6 spd. manual. Nice ride. This was the first price offered to me after e-mailing in my interest. If you are anywhere in the surrounding states(or fly in to O'hare??), I'd try them out. Best price I found by far, and better than the lowest number for that car on Truecar. He said that is how they do internet sales--one price, no haggle, and done. I got an email invoice with the exact price to be paid, including doc fee, licenseplates/sticker/registration, and sales tax. That is what I paid when I got there. Happy with my car, and happy with the purchase process!
  • flatsflats Member Posts: 44
    pablolopez,

Are you familiar with the Subaru VIP Program? You should be able to get a great no haggle price that way.
  • skomanskoman Member Posts: 24
    Can you tell me more about the VIP? might have saved me (or others) some time and effort
  • skomanskoman Member Posts: 24
    I have had ZERO issues in the snow with my OEM tires on my 2010 model, but I do mainly highway driving and even at 36,000 I have lots of tread left. I am hopeful for the same tires as my previous 2010 model but I am not sure as I bought a LIMITED with 17" tires in 2010 and I am now purchasing a 2012 Premium with only 16" tires. We will see. Thanks for something to consider.
    Short version of Subaru VIP Program:

If you belong to an approved program, you can get the car at 2% below invoice, no haggling. The catch, most organizations require a small fee to join, and you need to be a member for a minimum 6 months before you can purchase.

A list of organizations can be found at (I think most of the following participate)
    http://www.subaru.com/company/partnerships/index.html

I joined Leave No Trace, which is a great cause, but also one of the least expensive to join (A one time fee of $20 or $30, I can't remember). http://www.lnt.org/programs/subaruVIP.php

And the long version:

THE SUBARU OF AMERICA (SOA) VIP PARTNERS PROGRAM
    Introduction

The VIP Partners Program is a Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) corporate program offering eligible SOA marketing affiliate members the opportunity to purchase or lease new Subaru vehicles at 2% below dealer invoice cost.

Eligibility:

Any VIP Partners customer must be an active member of the SOA marketing affiliate for a minimum of 6 consecutive months. The VIP dealer visit authorization forms are issued only to eligible affiliate members and their spouse or domestic partner residing in the same household (address verification required).

The VIP Partners Program offer is non-transferable and does not extend to the member's relatives such as parents, siblings, children, etc.

VIP Partners customers are limited to two (2) new vehicles within a 12-month time period.

The Dealer Visit Authorization form does not obligate the member to purchase or lease a new Subaru; it does, however, inform the dealership that the member is entitled to VIP pricing.

Procedures

To participate in the VIP Program:

1. Marketing affiliate members must receive an approved VIP Dealer Visit Authorization form PRIOR to visiting a participating Subaru dealer.

2. Members must contact their affiliate's membership office to request a dealer visit authorization form.

3. The affiliate membership office will verify the customer's membership status.

4. The member will be asked their name, membership ID number, address, telephone number and choice of participating dealer.

5. The affiliate membership services office employee will log on to the VIP website at www.vip.subaru.com using their affiliate e-mail address. The membership services office will complete the Dealer Visit Authorization form on line and submit it to the VIP Partners Program at SOA for processing.

Upon receipt, SOA will mail the SOA approved Dealer Visit Authorization form directly to the member. As an introduction to the dealer, SOA will also fax a copy of the Dealer Visit Authorization form directly to the dealer. The authorization form is non-transferable and will expire in 45 days from the date of the letter. The member must take the form to the participating dealer indicated on the form. We ask that the member wait until the form is received before visiting Subaru dealers. The form must be presented to the participating participating dealer contact person (Noted on the Dealer Authorization form) upon entry into the dealership.

Dealer Selection

VIP customers select the dealer of their choice, generally based upon customer proximity and convenient servicing. Should the customer not have a dealer preference, SOA will select the closest participating dealer based on the customer's zip code. Customers may visit the Subaru website at www.Subaru.com to locate their closest dealer.

All VIP sales must be conducted by an authorized and participating Subaru dealer. The VIP Program is available in all states except Hawaii.

Pricing

VIP pricing for purchase transactions is based upon 2% below dealer invoice cost for the vehicle and factory installed accessories as invoiced and delivered to the dealer by SOA. This is the non-negotiable base price for all customers with proper VIP Program authorization.

The VIP price is further reduced by all applicable regional dealer or customer incentives or dealer cash, if applicable.

The special pricing under the VIP program cannot be combined with any other Subaru of America, Inc. promotional offers, coupons (such as auto show or internet coupons) or direct mail offers or vouchers (except Subaru MasterCard® points).

The VIP Partners customer will be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and license and municipality registration fees. Any customary dealer administrative, advertising and/or trade fees are additional.
    I got a way better price than VIP pricing. Work the phone and you can save a lot more.
    That's great, and I'm not saying the VIP program is the end all be all. But it may be advantageous to use in certain areas of the country for brand new model years that are in high demand. :shades:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Like Alaska, for instance.
  • salomonskiersalomonskier Member Posts: 1
    I know I have seen some people posting about how they payed a "a few" grand under invoice for the new lgt's however I am wondering what the actual amount is for a good price on a brand new 2012 LGT? Are they saying invoice is MSRP or invoice is the price the dealer pays?

Current Quote price with the following options:
    2012 Subaru LGT
    -Trunk Lip Spoiler
    -Auto Dim Mirror w/ Homelink
    -All Weather Mats
    -Interior Illumination Kit
    -Splash Guards
    -Trunk Cargo Tray

MSRP on Quote = $33,613
    Dealer Discount = $ 2,302
    Out the door price with Sales Tax, title, etc. = $33,414

From my discussion w/ the salesman, I might be able to get it a few hundred more off however the price is pretty fixed.

I live in Michigan (sales tax = 6%) so I don't know if that helps w/ regional pricing differences.

Additional Questions:
    I feel like the Subaru VIP program may be the right option considering I have to order the car from the dealer. This means I cannot just drive it off the lot and bargain accordingly(its not like the car has been sitting on their lot). I will have to wait to march w/ my 6 months... How sure is it that it is 2% off the Dealer Invoice? and not just a savings off MSRP?

What do you think would be a reasonable out the door price for the LGT w/ the above options?? I am not interested in completely robbing the dealer b/c I see myself purchasing from them in the future however I don't want to give up a few thousand for nothing...

I always told myself that I would never purchase a new car however with the high price and low supply of the LGT's I feel like it is easy to justify buying brand new, especially w/ dealer financing... I have tried considering other vehicles however I keep on coming back to the LGT. I need an all season car. All Wheel drive, manual, turbochargered, which fits 4 comfortably.

Please feel free to share your opinion on the price, additional options I have opted for, or anything else. I have been driving a 93 Honda Accord since I was 16 (now 22) so this will be my 1st new car :-) Hence why I am so clueless on all of this stuff. Thank you ahead of time, I really appreciate the help!
    I can get fairly close to the exact MSRP by adding options on truecar.com. I'm not sure of the exact model and package combos, but I can come up with a MSRP(sticker) of $33,653. Factory invoice on that is $31,101, and dealer cost is $30,114. There are two offers from local dealerships, with no haggling. for $30,651. I just paid $400 BELOW DEALER COST for mine. If the same holds true for you, you should be able to pay in the $29,000's somewhere. Go to www.grandsubaru.com and email them for a quote. I bet it would be worth your drive over to IL.
  • sellaturcicasellaturcica Member Posts: 145
    The Legacy GT had $5,000 on the hood from Subaru 1 year ago, I guess they must be selling better now?
  • pablolopezpablolopez Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    I just signed deal. I got 2012 Legacy LTD with starter, shock sensor and all-weather floor mats and fog lights (standartd in 2012 LTD) for 26k before TTL on a car with MSRP $28475 with options. It is without Subaru VIP program. $26300 price was common among dealers in my area (NJ, NY, CT), but only one went below (no dealer's conveyance fee made the difference)
  • 2011optimasx2011optimasx Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Just got back from Cochran Subaru outside Pittsburgh, PA with my parents.

We were able to purchase a new 2012 Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV. MSRP $27,891. Automatic, Moonroof, rear-view mirror & cargo net.
    My father had printed off Guaranteed Trade in Value for his 10 Legacy 2.5i Premium for $19,100 before we went. They bought that car new 2 years ago for around $22k
    Shelly came back to the table with their first offer of $19,100 trade in (actually Subaru was purchasing their trade) and $2,000 dealer discount. (True car had showed that a good deal was about $1,000 off sticker)

MSRP $27,891
    Dealer Disc -$ 2,000
    Trade-in -$19,100
    PA Tax 6% $ 407.46
    Document Fee $ 206
    Total $7,404.46
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    May I ask you: Did you fianance the new car purchase? If you did at what rate through the dealer or Subaru?
  • karpediemkarpediem Member Posts: 46
    Hey, I went through the same dealership as Salomonskier and got the same deal as he did, but he hasn't updated his with what his signed at.
    2012 Legacy GT
    -Short throw shifter
    -Trunk lip spoiler
    -Homelink mirror w/ compass
    -Interior illumination kit
    -All weather mats

Sale price $29,822 + 6% tax $190 document fee and $23 total license and fee = $31, 835 OTD.

Salomonskier was ~ $100 more for the splash guards and trunk cargo thing.

No other dealership would really even try to compete with it, so I feel like it's a pretty great deal. :)
  • 2011optimasx2011optimasx Member Posts: 4
    2.69% for 63 months thru dealership. They 'found' a better rate for us at Huntingdon Bank. Subaru was 2.90%
  • toyotacare2011toyotacare2011 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Picked up my 2012 Subaru Legacy Premium with All weather package (included accessories all weather mats, mud flaps, vin etching) for 23, 060 (25,100 out of door in NJ). Documentation fee was only $189.. Lowest of all dealership in the area.

Also included was 7yrs / 70k gold plus extended warranty with zero deductible.

Bought the car form Multipoint Subaru @ Union NJ. Was very happy with transaction.. Smooth sailing.. Highly recommended.

Financed it @ 1.9% for 72 months.
  • germilgermil Member Posts: 11
    Toyotacare2011-could you please tell me what the MSRP of your vehicle was?
    Also, who did you deal with at Multi? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82
    We got a 2012 limited with moonroof for 500 below invoice and good price on our trade central NJ)

Now looking for gold pus warranty. 7/70 or 7/100 with zero deductible.

Anyone knows who sells them at cost and no sales tax?
    Looking to replace the auto dimming mirror to one with home link. Dealer said it would be no problem replacing it (when we finalized the deal parts was closed), but they now want us to pay full price on the part and can't take back the original one. So I'll fleabay it or keep it as spare.

Found the manuals for both and it should be literally a 2 minute job (disconnect cable from mirror, unscrew it, screw in the new one, connect cable) and then calibrate it.

TIA.
  • toyotacare2011toyotacare2011 Member Posts: 3
    I bought mine for $ 810 @ Mutlipoint Subaru in NJ. 7yr/ 70K with zero deductible.. There was also 7% tax on it. The final price was $856.
    edited January 2012
    Good to know. Looking more for a bit higher mileage. We don't put too many miles, but average of 12k per year... Will follow up with them. Thanks
  • hbnyhbny Member Posts: 3
    looking to buy 2012 legacy limited with moonroof. Quoted $27125 for car - walk out for $27,372.50 + tax. No major negotiating yet. In Westchester County, NY. Any ideas for good price?
  • minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    I've been in the market for a 2012 Legacy for the past couple of months (looking for 2.5i premium with manual transmission, options include AWP & Moonroof) and the best price I found was from delware subaru dealers at $700-$800 below invoice.

On the other hand, my brother purchased a 2012 Honda Accord Manual LX base model for $5500 below MSRP or $3500 below invoice in Feb 2011. My question is, does Subaru offer any such discounts anytime during the year? I'm checking the Accord forums too and noticed a few people were offered similar discounts at this time of the year. Should I wait another month or two?
    Subaru has not had to rely on big incentives to sell cars - the Legacy has been very successful.

Honda is probably chasing volume, and the Camry, and piling on the incentives. Problem is, that erodes resale values, so you pay now or pay later, basically.
  • skins2357skins2357 Member Posts: 6
    Hey everyone,

first time poster here looking for info on the Legacy. I am looking to buy a Legacy as close to $20K as I can (stupid teachers salaries) I love the reliablilty of Subarus as well as the safety aspect, what is the most reasonablt amount I can expect off of the MSRP? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    http://fitzmall.com/

Cheapest they have is $21,111. Includes freight, but add $199 processing fee. That's in MD.
  • pablolopezpablolopez Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2012
    you should get 1% below invoice, after winter will be time to buy subaru because 4x4 wont be a necessity in the summer.
    In November i bought legacy ltd almost 12% below MSRP so closer to the summer you should get your legacy relatively cheaper.
    if you have 6months you can buy 2or3% below invoice thru loyalty program (look in this forum about November 2011 or Subaru website)
  • subarunewbie14subarunewbie14 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Hello,

My local dealership is offering $25.7K + 400$ doc fee for a 2.5i Limited with Moonroof. My other choice is 27.4K$ + 500$ in dealer fee for a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited with Moonroof and Nav package. I'm tempted to go with the first offer, as I dont really care for the Nav package. Is this is a good deal?

Thanks! This will be my first Subaru and I am pretty excited about it!
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    It seems to be a no brainer that the 2013 models are far superior to the 2012s
    I am sold on the 2013 model year Legacy sedan but looking for a decent price to buy
    The dealers in the seattle area have jacked up prices and offer no deals
    how are the prices in california, oregon or idaho
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 Member Posts: 51
    Consider determining the price that you are willing to pay and making
    a take-it-or-leave-it offer to your local dealer. If he accepts your
    offer, you benefit from having a local seller to deal with on future
    repairs and services. If he rejects your offer, you are at no
    disadvantage compared to your present situation. Also, consider
    having your dealer order a car to your specifications on model and
    options directly from the factory. The dealer benefits from not
    having a car sitting on his lot and you may find that you can do just
    fine without some of the costly options that dealership car inventory
    often comes with. Good luck on your shopping.
  • willieinmainewillieinmaine Member Posts: 4
    Friends,

I have been offered this car:

http://www.charliessubaru.com/new/Subaru/2013-Subaru-Outback-11c6e7020a0d048e013- 255734a235ffc.htm

for $30K even "all taxes and fees included"

How does this sound to you? Here are some details in case the link is no good:

thanks - Will

Convenience Features

Air conditioning
    Automatic temperature control
    Front dual zone A/C
    Speed control
    Power windows
    1-touch down
    1-touch up
    Remote keyless entry
    Illuminated entry
    Tilt steering wheel
    Telescoping steering wheel
    Driver vanity mirror
    Passenger vanity mirror
    Front beverage holders
    Rear beverage holders
    Overhead console
    Driver door bin
    Passenger door bin
    Rear door bins

Entertainment Features

AM/FM radio
    CD player
    MP3 decoder
    Radio data system
    Steering wheel mounted audio controls
    Speakers: 9
    Wireless phone connectivity
    1st row LCD monitors: 1

Warranty

Basic warranty: 36 months/36,000miles
    Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60,000miles
    Corrosion perforation warranty: 60 months/ unlimited distance
    Roadside assistance coverage: 36 months/36,000miles

Seats and Trim

Max seating capacity: 5
    Front seats: bucket
    Power driver seat
    Power passenger seat
    Front center armrest: w/storage
    Heated front seats
    Rear seats: bench
    Split folding rear seat
    Rear seat center armrest
    Leather upholstery

Body Exterior

Number of doors: 4
    Power door mirrors
    Heated door mirrors
    Spoiler
    Door mirrors: body-color
    Bumpers: body-color
    Roof rack

Specs and Dimensions

Engine displacement: 2.5 L
    Engine horsepower: 173hp @ 5,600RPM
    Engine torque: 174 lb.-ft. @ 4,100RPM
    Engine bore x stroke: 94.0mm x 89.9mm (3.70" x 3.54")
    Compression ratio: 10.00 to 1
    GVWR: 2,080kg (4,585lbs)
    Towing capacity: 1,225kg (2,700lbs)
    Exterior length: 4,801mm (189.0")
    Exterior body width: 1,821mm (71.7")
    Exterior height: 1,671mm (65.8")
    Wheelbase: 2,741mm (107.9")
    Turning radius: 5.6m (18.4')
    Front legroom: 1,092mm (43.0")
    Rear legroom: 960mm (37.8")
    Front headroom: 1,036mm (40.8")
    Rear headroom: 998mm (39.3")
    Front hiproom: 1,384mm (54.5")
    Rear hiproom: 1,369mm (53.9")
    Front shoulder room: 1,430mm (56.3")
    Rear shoulder room: 1,425mm (56.1")
    Passenger volume: 2,985L (105.4 cu.ft.)
    Interior cargo volume: 971 L (34 cu.ft.)
    Interior maximum cargo volume: 2,019 L (71 cu.ft.)

Powertrain

Engine liters: 2.5
    Cylinder configuration: H-4
    Horsepower: 173hp @ 5,600RPM
    Torque: 174 lb.-ft. @ 4,100RPM
    Number of valves: 16
    Variable valve control
    Sequential multi-point fuel injection
    Engine location: front
    Recommended fuel: regular unleaded
    Transmission: continuously variable automatic
    Manual-shift auto
    Drive type: all-wheel drive
    Fuel economy city: 24mpg
    Fuel economy highway: 30mpg
    Fuel tank capacity: 18.5gal.

Safety and Security

4 wheel disc brakes
    ABS brakes
    Brake assist
    Dual front impact airbags
    Dual front side impact airbags
    Overhead airbag
    Occupant sensing airbag
    Panic alarm
    Ignition disable
    Security system
    Electronic stability
    Traction control
    Anti-whiplash front head restraints

Suspension/Handling

Four wheel independent suspension
    Front anti-roll bar
    Rear anti-roll bar
    Power steering
    Speed-sensing steering
    Alloy wheels
    Front tires: 225/60TR17.0
    Rear tires: 225/60TR17.0
    Wheel size: 17"

Lighting, Visibility and Instrumentation

Fully automatic headlights
    Front fog lights
    Variably intermittent wipers
    Rear window wiper
    Rear window defroster
    Front reading lights
    Tachometer
    Outside temperature display
    Low tire pressure warning
    Trip computer
  • blin279blin279 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Will,
    This price looks fair for 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited.
    What was the sale price before tax etc.? Did you check it with www.truecar.com?
    Legacy Sedan and Outback are being sold ~2.0...2.5k below MSRP and 1...2% below invoice. Remember they are being made in Lafayette, IN now. Supply is pretty good. I purchased 2013 Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium w/all weather package a hair above 22k a month ago. It was my first Subaru ever and I LOVE it! Good luck!
    Andy
  • vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    Hey Blin, what was your final price and did it include taxes and fees?
  • dmvball7dmvball7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there im looking at a 2012 Legacy with the all weather package for $21,000, is this a fair deal. Vballplayer 30-you mentioned you purchased a 2013 with the same package for a lil over 22k, how much was it and where?
    I negotiated the 2013 Legacy premium with the all weather package for 22,400$...The car also had the dimming/compass mirror, all weather floor mats and cargo net, which they claim were additional extras, but I refused to pay extra...they are such scammers. There was a 296$ fee at the end, which I'm thinking was a bs doc fee, but I didn't feel like arguing anymore...live and learn! All and all, it was still a good deal getting it under invoice price even with the fee...again unsure if it was legit. Bought it at Subaru dealer in Hicksville, NY...hop
    e this helps
    I just negotiated the 2013 Legacy premium with the all weather package for 22,400$ for my parents...The car also had the dimming/compass mirror, all weather floor mats and cargo net, which they claim were additional extras, but I refused to pay extra...they are such scammers. There was a 296$ fee at the end, which I'm thinking was a bs doc fee, but I didn't feel like arguing anymore...live and learn! All and all, it was still a good deal getting it under invoice price even with the fee...again unsure if it was legit. Bought it at Subaru dealer in Hicksville, NY...

MY TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR NEW CAR
    ok, just negotiated and bought the car for my parents today so everything is fresh

1) Look around for the car/s you want, but don't buy that day...ideally search 1-2 wks before the end of the month. If you like a specific car on that lot, find out what extras are on that car and what extras you do or do not want. When negotiating later, they can't take off the moon roof, nav, etc. They can order the car, but it could take 8 wks. You may have to buy the car with the extras if you don't want to wait, so consider all this before hand.
    2) Search for prices paid in edmunds forums and the new car section to get an idea of the lowest price. Also search kelly blue book and truecar.com. Don't forget to add in ALL the extras that they say the car has...again, you may have to buy the car with the extras or wait wks for a factory ordered car. They will prob make you a better deal on the car on the lot.
    3) Figure out your grand total...ie price of the car you want to spend with all extras (nav, moonroof, whatever), plus taxes, and other LEGIT fees associated with the car...look up online for legit and whats typical in your area. They got us for a 296$ fee...unsuer if it was legit, but after 4 hrs...didn't want to negotiate anymore...this is 1 of there clever/slimy tricks!!
    4) Armed with all your price info., go to the dealer on the LAST DAY OR 2 of the month. (They are trying to reach their quotas so you will have your best luck in getting the lowest price!)
    Don't waste time with the salesman...they will try to crunch numbers with you and go over other bs...the mgr makes the final decisions, so immediately ask the sales rep to get the mgr because "you're ready to buy".
    5) Once he gets there, tell him you did all your research and have narrowed your search down to his car and 1-2 others. Here is my "OUT THE DOOR PRICE" with taxes, fees, etc. Tell him you will not waste anytime discussing, bartering, or negotiating and STICK TO IT!!! "Here's my price...you've got 2 minutes to decide!" If he says, "he can't go below invoice...he runs back to his office with various printouts saying look at what this and that costs...says, but I'm giving you the floor mats and cargo nets, I have to make something, etc, etc, etc, etc...(he would not stop)" Then say, "thanks anyway, I'm gonna go buy that new lexus!"

If you did your homework and priced the car well (the forums from here are prob the most helpful and def the most accurate), you should get the deal without the headache of sitting there for 4 hrs like we did! DON"T be afraid to walk out, and be prepared to do so if ANYTHING is not what you wanted. Any additional fees or waste of your time then leave. The moment we got up to actually leave, he said give me a price and was ready to sign off...and did!!! Remember, it's the end of the month and they need to reach their quota!

On a side note, we were paying cash, but agreed to finance as this made him some extra cash. It didn't effect us because we are paying it off in 3 payents in the first 37 days so there is no finance charge for us (of course we got that in writing as should you). You could possibly do this with your deal as they make money and as long as you pay it off, it won't cost you anything, but provides additional bargaining power... Hope all this helps!
    edited October 2012
    "Hey Blin, what was your final price and did it include taxes and fees?"by vballplayer

Hi Vballplayer,

Sale price was $22,074 before tax.+ tax (7.75%) +$250 doc fee + $78.25 title & registration. Total: ~$24,113. MSRP: $24,196. Brunswick Subaru, OH.
    It has Option Package 2/All-Weather Package, two sets of mats, home link/auto-dim mirror, plastic cargo tray in the trunk. I think that tray is a little more useful and practical than cargo net.
    Hi thank you so much for your reply,
    I just signed for a new 2013 Legacy Premium w/ option 2/All-wether package w/ moonroof-sale price was $22,200(they were asking $25,800), total price with tax & fees were $23, 817.
    My parents signed for a 2012 Legacy Premium w/all weather package for total of $21,200(asking price $24,850), total w/tax and fees $22,725.

Negotiate, negotiate, don't let them sell you on extras, and if you can wait, wait for the end of a quarter when they can and will budge for the extra sale.

Hope this helps. =)
    Congrats, dmvball7,
    2012 Legacy Premium for $21,200!!! You did it great!
    I couldn't find any Legacy Premium near Cleveland, OH in August. All gone. A few Limited's were available. Moonfoof is a cool option but I'm fine not having it. Waiting for snow to test AWD! Enjoy!
    ;)
  • shawa90shawa90 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2013 Legacy Limited w/moonroof/nav/eyesight and a few misc items. MSRP 31408 and my price was 28400.
    Thanks, the 2012 came w/the all weather package option 2 and a spoiler. The salesman were great, no hassle, no pressure...Balise in Warwick, RI was a great place-definetly a place to refer!!!
    Sounds like you guys negotiated a great deal! Just spoke with my mother...she wanted me to ask you if you feel like it's a "hard/rough" ride? She tells me she feels every bump in the road.
    Hmm, make sure she airs down the tires. They often come pumped up to prevent flat-spotting.

Legacy is one of the better riding cars in the class.
  • shawa90shawa90 Member Posts: 6
    Its rough if you are used to a softer ride. I do feel more of the road then the I30 I had.
    Maybe the previous car owned was a Lexus or Toyota? Those are softer.
  • rybeckarybecka Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I was hoping to get some advice on whether or not the price I'm paying is a good deal for a 2013 base model Subaru Legacy, automatic. I've been trying to do my research online but it can get a bit confusing, especially when the last dealer I talked to told me that the numbers I'm getting off Edmunds and KBB are incorrect. I’m in VA where the sales tax is 3% and I've been able to get an out the door quote for 21,500 on the e model. I wanted it for 21,300 but was unsuccessful at getting them to budge on the price over the phone. Don't know if I'm being unreasonable or not but I'm ready to buy so 21,500 sounds good to me right now. Any thoughts for a newbie car buyer?

Thanks!
  • timadamstimadams Member Posts: 294
    I know it goes against the rock-bottom thrill of the hunt bargain mentality, but you're only talking $200. If the dealer is located close to you, I wouldn't worry about the last $200, though the comment about Edmunds and KBB does cause some concern. A good dealer would simply state they can't go lower than $X, without disparaging whatever resource you've used.

You'll have to use your judgement about the dealership. Is it the closest to you, and the one you would use for warranty work? If so, I wouldn't worry about the $200. Now if you have to pass two other Subie dealers to get to this one, then I would wonder why you can't get a similar deal at your local store.
  • rybeckarybecka Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, timadams. I wasn't getting good customer service from this dealership, I had to leave messages on 2 separate occasions to get the sales guy to call me back initially and then he left me hanging for a week but swore up and down he emailed me quotes even though I told him to call me and gave him my work and cell phone number. Never saw those emails by the way... Kind of put me in an argumentative mood.

There is another Subaru dealership 10 miles down the road that will match this quote so I will probaby go with them. They have a pretty good rep, or at least the sales dept does.

Thanks again!