Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• calbears1calbears1 Member Posts: 54
    I wish, i would have got one too. I ended up with a Pilot at $449 a month. I did talk to the Fleet Manager and he felt that Volvo financing had to do something to compete. Volvo may roll out better terms soon...Good luck.
  • abooneaboone Member Posts: 1
    Where did you find this dealership may I ask? I seem to have several dealerships around here stuck at higher numbers..

thx
    AB
  • amay1361amay1361 Member Posts: 1
    We're looking at purchasing a 2009 XC90 - got offered the following deal:

2009 XC90 3.2 FWD - shadow blue metallic
    Premium Package
    Rear Entertainment
    Heated Seats

$36,800 +TT&L (comes to $3,200 - in Texas)
    $2,600 on trade-in for 2000 Ford Explorer

Walk-away price including trade in of $37,406.

Is this a good deal? Trade in is exactly blue book trade in value.
  • videogawdvideogawd Member Posts: 1
    Im considering purchasing a 2008 Volvo XC70 and trying to find out whether 0.9% APR is combinable with $2500 customer loyalty rebate and other customer promotions?
    Do you guys have any knowledge of terms and conditions of the 0.9% APR financing for 72 month by Volvo?

Also what are the requirements to be qualified for the loyalty cashback. Does the car title have to be in my name or can I just be the primary driver?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    First of all, loyalty is only $1000 if you buy an XC90.
    Second, it can be used w/ the 0.9% APR.
    You MUST be the owner of a Volvo to qualify.
  • 10scoachrick10scoachrick Member Posts: 74
    max, it looks like the xc90 loyalty amount is $2k and xc70 is $2.5k now. Also, the 'stimulus' is $1553 as of today. Going to check on a '09 XC90FWD R pkg tomorrow. This is spur of the moment and not even sure what other pkgs are on it. Dealer inventory info is sketchy. Will be trading our '07 XC70 with ~26k miles...might get beat up a bit on the trade(actually got a good deal on the 70...it was the last '07 at our dealer) but DW is ready to ride up high again! (Traded an RX330 on the wagon). Just wish the XC90 wasn't so heavy and possibly 'underpowered' compared to the RX and our current wagon. Doesn't look like the XC60 is any better. What to do...what to do????? Gotta help the economy!!!
    XC90 loyalty is $2k only if you are coming out of an XC90.
    The "Stimulus" money is the same as it was before. They added money to the market allowance and took money out of the Alt Lease assistance.
    so, the total amount remains the same.
    XC60 is anything but underpowered.
    281hp T6 engine it will outrun the XC90 V8!
    Well, dang on the lower loyalty incentive on the XC90...here's the link I saw:
    http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/01/volvo-loyalty-cash-good-for-any-year.- html
    Shoulda gone to the horse's mouth, max.!!!
    The 0.9% interest on the XC90 is pretty interesting, as well.
    I didn't mean to suggest the 60 is underpowered, just darn heavy for what it is(by about 10%, IMO). I have trouble breaking the two-ton barrier for a personal vehicle.
    Also, having trouble getting past all the RX350 stories I'm hearing of a solid $10K off sticker. I'm figuring the Volvo free maintenance is worth about a grand so the Volvo dealer will have to go a bit to get us in the XC90R tomorrow! Stay tuned!!!
    It is very very difficult to build a safe car without it some weight penalty.
    Too many SUV's are just empty beer cans on wheels. The XC60 is arguably the safest vehicle Volvo has ever built.
    As for the Lexus, remember that you are buying an obsolete product. A new RX is imminent.
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    I am looking for the best deal on a lease in Southern California on a XC90 V6 or V8.

I current own 2 Volvo's; V70 2.5T and V50 T5. The V70 is coming up on the end of it's lease in May 09.

I want a 3 year deal with 12,000 miles a year.

Feedback would be appreciated.
    MAX--HELP!! Have I gone crazy...I can't find any sort of 'official' mention of the 0.9% APR on the xc 90! Searching and searching and found one link that stated the .9 was good ONLY on the '08. I'm ready to head to the dealer for my stimulus and loyalty bucks but I could sure us that 0.9!!!! Thanks!!!!
    0.9% IS only good on the 08's.
    Double dang....guess there really is NO free lunch! May I recap:
    '08= $1K loyalty, NO stimulus, 0.9 APR, limited selection and ??? discount...
    '09= $1K loyalty, $1553 stimulus, ??? % APR, larger but somewhat limited selection and ??? discount.

I was hoping this would be easier!!!
    You got it!
    To beat this horse a little more...NO free maintenance on the '08,,,worth <a grand or so on the '09. I had never heard of the R pkg as it pertains to the XC90 until I began this search. Any REAL significance to this package? I don't mind looking a little different in a sea of XC 90s. I would imagine the suspension might even feel better but
    AFAIK, the other package goodies are cosmetic...not that there's anything wrong with that :D
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    I think here's the bottom line for the 3.2L version with AWD and third row

new 09 = $40k
    new 08 = $35k
    used 08 = $30k

Personally I'd go with the used 08. If you're planning on keeping the car for 4-5 years there will be very little difference in the resale value at that point and you'd save $10k over a new one.
    The first 7,500 mile service should be free on the 2008 models.
    Indeedy, didn't mean to forget the 1st service at no charge even on the '08. It's going to be 30 degrees cooler tomorrow compared to today so no tennis or cycling...might be time to shop for a new vehicle! May be tough getting a fair amount for my '07 XC70 in trade. What I would like to find is a highly equipped FWD 5 seater...don't think such a thing exists. The planets are not aligning on this one, I'm afraid...we'll see.
  • dallaspatentdallaspatent Member Posts: 10
    I want to buy a 2009 Volvo XC90 with Premium package, Versatility package, BLIS, and rear entertainment system. MSRP is $43,565 and Invoice is $41,000. I'm going to fax offers to various Volvo dealerships around the country and will gladly travel anywhere to pick up the lowest price. I'm paying cash with no trade-in. I'm not a Volvo owner and won't use Costco. I'm not in any rush to make a deal.

I know that even at Invoice price, the dealer is making a good profit. I should be able to buy below Invoice. For this type of transaction, the dealer shouldn't keep more than $300 profit. Buyers are few and dealers are hurting big time.

Leaving TT&L out, what would be a good low price that I should offer to pay for the car? Is $36,000 cash a possibility or am I going to have to go higher? What should I offer? All help greatly appreciated.
    max and others,

Just an update on our personal quest. Almost pulled the trigger on the '08 fully loaded V8, new but repaired(had some body damage in transit) that was the same Willow Green as our XC70. Couldn't come to terms since the $5k dealer cash disappeared if we chose the 0.9 financing. To top things off, my darling REALLY wants integrated Bluetooth, nav and sat radio--instead of all the aftermarket doo-dads. To make a short story longer, we are on the list for the XC60 tour to arrive in Texas in week or so. The 60 is likely to be a little small bicycle-transport-wise but we'll see if we can make do. The 'factory' offer is free lifetime Sirius and 36 mo. maintenance--we'll see if the economy 'stimulates' any additional incentives. Stay tuned!
  • tonyg41tonyg41 Member Posts: 17
    I just got an 09 XC90 last saturday and mine has all the things you are looking for except the versatility package cause i didnt want the extra seats but it has bluetooth and the msrp was 41,750 I got the car for 31,750 so they took 10k off the price with all incentives and such your only looking at tops of 3k in features difference from what I bought mine. I think 33k is a reasonable price you should shoot for dont let them trick you. The only issue you might have is my deal was with feb Incentives for march it might be different. Also another suggestion is go in for a lease and buy it out it was cheaper to do that then to finance it out because if you lease it and volvo isnt the one leasing it to you directly you get 6k off the car price. Luckily the dealer I went to deals with US Bank and I think most of the dealers do so you can get that off the car price. Good Luck
  • chefseanchefsean Member Posts: 2
    does anyone know Volvo's incentives out for march on '09 3.2 xc90
    Did you really get 10k off the price of a 2009 model? As far as I know the 2008 models can be bought for 10k off MSRP, but not the 2009s.
  • raffiemraffiem Member Posts: 11
    07 AWD 3.2
    DUAL SCREEN DVD PLAYER - FULL POWER - POWER SEATS - ALLOY WHEELS - AM/FM/6CD- LEATHER - THIRD ROW SEATING - POWER MOON ROOF - HEATED SEATS STABILITY CONTROL - ABS - TRACTION CONTROL - SIDE AIR BAGS BLUETOOTH...

has 15,000 miles.

$28,900
  • ali14ali14 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Can you email me the Contact information and dealer name at [email protected]. Your deal sounds great. Did anybody else camee cross such deal? If so please refer me your contact.

Thanks,
  • dallaspatentdallaspatent Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info Tony. Sounds like you got a great price. I'll try $33K and see if anyone bites.
  • gvsbdiscogvsbdisco Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    I was looking at T5 7 seater with about 47000 KM (29000 miles) on it. It is certified and has approximately 1.5 years left on the warranty. Not sure of all the options it has on it but it did have leather, sunroof but it did not have a power seat on the passenger side. The dealer is asking 33,995 CDN (~27,500 US). Wondering what a fair price for this vehicle is. The dealership is in Eastern Canada.

thanks for any help
    Mike
  • nikjreecenikjreece Member Posts: 11
    I was told by my local Volvo dealership that if I don't purchase my vehicle from them that they will not provide me with a loaner car or shuttle service because I'm not "technically" their customer.

The dealership that has given me the best price is an hour away.

Can they really do that?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,728
    Yes.. Loaners are provided at the discretion of the dealer..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nikjreecenikjreece Member Posts: 11
    MSRP $46420
    Invoice $44184
    Selling $35659 includes all rebates and discounts
    Residual $$16864
    money factor .0024

$661/month
    36 months
    $1775 due at signing

XC90 3.2 AWD, Versatility, Convienence, Premium, Climate. Black Metallic.

Is this a good deal>
    An 08 AWD leftover
    comes with Climate, Premium, and Versatilty. for $34,725 plus ttl. thats $10k off sticker.

they'll add dvd for 1500 but i need to get back to them soon.

thanks
  • maybabe80maybabe80 Member Posts: 3
    I am now thinking we are stupid! We paid near KBB for an 04 with 90k miles on it, I am now afraid that the transmission will go out on it or something similar (it is not the T-6). I feel we were so excited to own one that we went with the first good deal in our price range, please help me, did we make a stupid decision to buy a car with this kind of mileage? I keep reading too many negatives about replacements on major parts, etc :( On the positive front, clean carfax report, 1 owner (she just owned a home in FL, so mostly interstate mileage), and it was ALWAYS serviced at the dealer where purchased, so they have all up to date records. No warranty though b/c of mileage :(

Thanks!
    As you said, it's not the T6.
    As long as it has been properly serviced,it should be a good car.
    Biggest issue is going to be maintaining it properly.
    Brake pads,tires and rotors tend to wear quicker because it's a bigger heavier car.
    DON'T skimp on maintenance
  • maybabe80maybabe80 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you volvomax; I honestly feel like we have a VERY good vehicle, lots of miles, but honestly I have been stopped by people asking if it's brand new! (b/c of body style not changing :) which is a plus!) We purchased it for something safe for our growing family ( have a 15 mo old) and I already feel much safer than I felt in my Jeep Liberty 02' :P I have ALL records and previous owner took meticulous car of the vehicle - like I said, always serviced at the same place, etc. My husband says we'll get oil changed every 2,500 miles to be on the safe side! Thanks for the advice and I really think it's not a lemon and nothing major will go out - our salesperson said next major service is at 125,000k and that will cost about $700 for a new timing belt, does that sound right? Thanks again!
  • palaverpalaver Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone had any experience with how dealers are handling the news of a $3,000 price cut (from Volvo)? I am curious about the XC90 and the current combination of price cut and incentives may put me into the market.

link title
  • rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    I haven't had experience purchasing lately, but buying an XC90, especially if you're a current Volvo owner looks pretty good right now. $3245 price reduction + $750 rebate + $1500 loyalty money. When I was looking at the Xc90 at my dealer a few months ago, they were willing to give me $1700 off invoice right away, plus any other incentives. I crunched some numbers and at $1700 off invoice with the new prices and incentives, you could get a 3.2 nonmetallic paint (black or white) XC90 with AWD, premium, versatility, and climate for around $34,000.
  • liililiili Member Posts: 7
    My local dealer told me the promotion changed? is that true?
    any dealer still offer good price?
    Thanks.
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    I would like to know that too as my 2 year lease on 07 XC90 is ending soon. Thanks.
  • mfwmfw Member Posts: 14
    Question on "$1500 loyalty money".

Is this a real discount for Volvo owners offered by Volvo? Meaning that the dealer will take another $1500 off whatever the price you negotiate as none volvo owners? It is hard to imagine that they will actually verify you are an Volvo owner.

With the April pricing, 3.2 nonmetallic, AWD, premium, versatility, and climate comes to $39595. Invoice is probably $35800. With $1700 off invoice is already close to $34000. So does this mean volvo owners can the car for 32500 + TTL? Seems too good to be true.

Thanks.
    It is hard to imagine that they will actually verify you are an Volvo owner.

Yes, we have to submit a copy of your current Volvo registration to get the money.
  • mlinnymlinny Member Posts: 6
    I am a lttle confused by the new pricing and incentives. Just because they dropped the MSRP 8%, is that going directly to the bottom line? Where should I start my negotiations for a 3.2 metallic paint XC90 with AWD, premium & versatility.
    MSRP is $39,445. Edmunds has the invoice at $37,838, but the TMV at $34,747. I do not currently own a Volvo.
  • mfwmfw Member Posts: 14
    >> Where should I start my negotiations for a 3.2 metallic paint XC90 with AWD, premium & versatility.

I have the same question. Can't help you here. I wish we have more posts of actual price paid.

>> MSRP is $39,445. Edmunds has the invoice at $37,838.,
    I just want to point out that the invoice price you posted is probably not correct. Yahoo posts $34780 for the base model with MSPR $37000. That's already $2220 off. Still only 6%, low compared to other makes. I am guessing the real invoice price is 10% off MSPR ish.
  • stockwatchstockwatch Member Posts: 21
    We have a xc90 that is coming off of lease at the end of June.

Anyone have any current prices paid for:

2009 4-door XC90 3.2 Sport Utility with AWD
    Climate
    Convenience
    Premium
    Technology
    Versatility
    Yahoo posts $34780 for the base model with MSPR $37000. That's already $2220 off. Still only 6%, low compared to other makes.

Yahoo is correct. Price doesn't include freight or advertising.
    Volvo markup is low
  • s40ladys40lady Member Posts: 1
    MSRP is $46,350., this includes Freight, selling price with Loyalty is $40,547., this price does not include Metallic Paint. If you would like lease pricing, let me know what your parameters are and I will be happy to give them to you.
  • bwubwu Member Posts: 6
    Have been reading those posts and it's very helpful. Just bought a 2008 xc90 AWD w/3rd row today at $33,500 + fee. It comes with climate, versatility, premium package, BLIS, and 51 milages on it. Thought it's not a bad deal!
  • stockwatchstockwatch Member Posts: 21
    Useful information. Any information if you took out the Technology Package (i.e., just convenience, versatility, climate, premium, and AWD).
    Sounds like a great deal!

Which dealer and color did you get?
  • junfjunf Member Posts: 4
    In the market looking for a used 2006+ suv inlcuding volvo xc90, fx35, etc.

Is AWD much better than the fwd model? we are in NC so seldomly got bad cold weather. is there any noticeable benefits to have an AWD model, except it is "trending"?

Thanks.
  • bwubwu Member Posts: 6
    Fremont Volvo in SF bay area. It's a white one with MSRP of $45,470.