Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera 2006

Comments

• armoredfrogarmoredfrog Member Posts: 9
    OK, if you've ever replaced your cabin filter, you've lowered (but not removed) your glove box right ? So now, if you're staring at your cabin filter, the glove box switch plunger is lower left.

If you haven't replaced your cabin filter before:
    - open the glove box and remove contents
    - slide the air spring retainer off (right side of the glove box)
    - press in gently of the top of the glove box plenum while pulling forward, this will allow the glove box plenum to clear the retainers and fall forward exposing the cabin filter cover as well as the glove box light switch, etc

...isn't this supposed to be about spark plugs ?

Good hunting, cheers
    Sharp cutoff is present with projector headlights (Azera Low Beam), regardless whether they are halogen or HID. I concur with cobrazera that the High Beams should not have a cutoff as they are reflectors, not projectors. I'm curious why we're now having this discussion on a 2006 ? New/Used Car purchase ? Fog lights normally ON and not now ? If not, has something else changed recently (i.e. new H7 or H11B bulbs (whichever bulb you have for low beams) ? installed correctly ? decent quality ? bezels blocked or clouded ?)

Good hunting, cheers.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    edited October 2011
    Never had a belt = always had a chain.
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Uhhhhhh...yeah, that's what's been stated. What's the problem? :confuse:
  • penzfan1penzfan1 Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for the tip. It was the switch and the light works like a charm...
    Does the GB Light only work when the running/headlights are turned on?
    I'm pretty sure the GB light gets power when the car is on regardless whether the lights are on or off.
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    Only when the car lights are on...
    Any idea where the multi-function switch for the glovebox light is located on the '06 Azera? It is mentioned in the owners manual on page #96, but does not tell you where it is. Thanks
    OK, I'll bite...

Oh sure it does...it's on page #81. There is only [1] Multi-Function Switch.

"Opening the glove box will automatically turn on the light when the multi-function switch is turned to the first position." (assuming the starting position is OFF, the first position would be "parking lights")

That glove box light really gets to you, doesn't it ? I myself prefer to wake up unsuspecting passengers by a press & hold of the radio station select up/down button until the B-E-E-P is heard...try it. Once you go BEEP you'll never go BOX again :)

Cheers,
  • eod132eod132 Member Posts: 13
    I have been watching the recent posts on a 2006 Azera and wonder why people would ask such basic questions from a forum when all the information can be obtained from any Hyundai service centre. The other thing I cannot understand is why anyone in America would still own a 2006 Azera. With the cost of such cars being almost pocket money in your country, why would you not be driving new or near new models of this car or any other. The same car, when it was available, in Australia was almost $50000 - the price in the US is a fraction of our costs as are all vehicles you have access to. You live in a country where motor vehicles are a throw away commodity so why drive old when you can drive new? What I read on this forum beggars belief. If we had the same vehicle costs as you do then most of us would have a different near new car for each day of the week. The same applies equally to all products in the US from food, electronics, clothing, housing and every other thing people need to purchase in order to live. You do indeed live in a lucky country. Just a shame about your leader.
    ...I couldn't let this one go, it was too easy :)

"...wonder why people would ask such basic questions from a forum when all the information can be obtained from any Hyundai service centre."

A: It's a free country, period. In addition, asking any question on this forum, no matter how trivial, will generally trigger a response from any of the thousands of Azera owners such that we WON'T have to go to the Hyundai (or any other) Service Center.
    ------------------------------------------

"...why anyone in America would still own a 2006 Azera."

A: It's a free country, period. In addiiton, one can finance a new vehicle here for up to 84 months in most cases. That said, maybe some owners are on fixed incomes and need to see the bank loan through to maturity in order NOT to be upside-down on the next new car purchase.

"...With the cost of such cars being almost pocket money in your country, why would you not be driving new or near new models of this car or any other."

A: I (and I'm sure some others reading this) wish I had some of that "pocket money" you elude to that we all have lying around. Can I get an AMEN !

"The same car, when it was available, in Australia was almost $50000 - the price in the US is a fraction of our costs as are all vehicles you have access to.

A: Your point ? If you don't like it, simply don't complain...move or purchase something else, really...nice car...but it's still just a car.

"You live in a country where motor vehicles are a throw away commodity so why drive old when you can drive new?"

A: Off topic...but oh yeah, that's right...it's a free country.

"What I read on this forum beggars belief."

A: So stop reading and troll some other forum.

"If we had the same vehicle costs as you do then most of us would have a different near new car for each day of the week."

A: I'm happy for you, now go away, this is not the forum for your banter.

"The same applies equally to all products in the US from food, electronics, clothing, housing and every other thing people need to purchase in order to live."

A: Off topic...(again)

"You do indeed live in a lucky country."

A: Yes, we do thankyouverymuch. I've served my country for over 10 years and I'm hoping to leave it a little better than I found it, and this pretty much solidifies it...but off topic nonetheless (again).

"Just a shame about your leader."

A: Again, off topic.

While I (and perhaps others here) respect the differences in others' opinion, it is clear by the tone of your post that you seem to hold some rather deep, unorthodox resentment for your own country while at the same time demonstrating conflicted feelings of political and democratic inadequacy. I'm seeing a CLASSIC case of Country-Envy with underlying dementia...nothing therapy wouldn't cure.

Oddly, as a US citizen and veteran, I'm extremely flattered...thanks for the post, and the desire to want to live here in the USA.

Good hunting, cheers ...too much ? ...nah
    Amen!... :shades:
  • jamazerajamazera Member Posts: 149
    ditto AMEN
    Thank you for your comments and it was nice to read your psychiatric report at the end. I am actually also a veteran of several wars and I served more than twice the time you did with much of it working with the US EOD Teams. I have a great deal of respect for your country and have most likely seen much more of it than you have having visited 44 states. I also own a 2010 Azera (Grandeur in my country) and think it is one of the better cars around for the money. Your cars and other products are very cheap by international standards and that would be because there are so many of you compared to other nations. It is a shame that you took such offence to my comments however I stand by them all. The fact some are "off topic" is irrelevant but may be informative to you considering most of you don't know there is a world outside the US and have no idea what occurs in that world other than what might seriously effect your own nation. Don't be so precious about the opinion of others even if they are off topic. Learn by the comments of others and in the meantime I suggest you upgrade to a newer model of the Azera and end your problems.
    Anyone experience poor a.m. radio reception on your 2006 Azera? Any solution found? Thanks
  • rcountrymanrcountryman Member Posts: 1
    Hello Friends, I don't drive much after being disabled in car crash years ago. Only put 32,000 miles on my 1994 Lincoln Mark 8 in past 12 years. Although it only has 81,000 miles total - and is in great condition; garage kept; Mobil One; PAMPERED - it's just getting too old and finding parts harder and harder. Not worth trading in - and plan on keeping as 2nd "emergency car" and when taking 4 dogs to vet, etc.
    Just came across ONE OWNER 2006 Hyundai Azera LIMITED with 66,000 miles and good-looking CarFax here in North Carolina at reputable dealer (asking $11,950). Have read many posts and you all sound GREAT for advice. Supposed to go test drive it this week and he'll let me take it to my VERY REPUTABLE & FAIR mechanic before buying.
    So, instead of looking at double-priced Sonatas, etc., or similar "Certified" Hyundais - I was considering this 2006 AZERA because of the huge savings on insurance and no interest or payments because i have $10,000.00 cash to offer.
    I must admit I LOVE the look of the AZERA and need a larger car for comfortable drive and safety due to spinal cord damage.
    Your postings tell me to change oil and add BERRYMAN'S Chem-Tool at same time, new air filter, premium gas (same as lincoln takes) new spark plugs and flush transmission and radiator to "start things off" - plus my 'normal' detailing, cleaning and 3 coats of Carnuba wax, etc - and garage kept as it becomes my "first car" with Lincoln in 'reserve'.
    Edmunds listings for a "good condition 2006 AZERA" run about $10,000.00 - but if it's in "excellent condition" I could go a bit higher.
    I'm not a regular "car guy" - and this is my entire savings - so I'd appreciate advice from you obviously "knowledgeable Azera Owners". Am I being stupid for wanting this used 'out-of-warranty' AZERA LIMITED (assuming my mechanic likes it)? Or - should I be looking at a much smaller and newer car "certified" or even an Accord with a year left on the warranty instead? This is the ONLY Azera within hundreds of miles. PLEASE forgive my ignorance about the Azera - and and additional advice on "initial get-ready maintanence" and future upkeep tips (like using PREMIUM Mobil ONE oil and always using PREMIUM GAS??? This may be my "last car purchase ever" (I drive about 2,000 to 2,500 miles a YEAR!). Thank You ALL so much - I'm so worried I'm expecting too much for $10,000 or $11,000 instead of "newer, smaller and add payment loan money" for a much more basic Sonata, etc. Randy :)
    I have a 2010 Azera (Grandeur in Australia) and i don't believe there is a great deal of difference between a 2006 and a 2010 model. If that is the case then i doubt you could go wrong with the car you have in mind. There is little doubt that Hyundai are on a winner with this car and i would highly recommend it to you. They are comfortable and mine has an electric Lumbar Support which is great for my back problem which causes me a great deal of grief. The seats are so comfortable that i never have a problem when driving even long distances. I have owned many good quality European and Australian cars and the Azera beats them all hands down. The only problem is that they couldn't sell enough of them in Australia due to the almost $50K price tag and have decided to concentrate their efforts on the smaller range instead. As a result they have discontinued the model in my country and i will not be able to purchase another one. Go ahead and get the car checked by your trusted mechanic and if the problems (if any) are minor then buy it for the $10k as this is a bargain even for a 2006 model. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.
    We have an '06 Azera, only 40K miles, and the car still drives and runs great. It seems like it'll go on forever!
    We have always used non-synthetic motor oil in the Azera, and get it changed twice a year after about 4000 miles. IMO, 6 months and 5000 miles are good for regular oil. We have another vehicle that gets only 3000 miles per year, and it gets an oil change only once per year - but with synthetic oil. Synthetic oils do not oxidize like non-synthetics, so the extended time portion of the oil change schedule is ok with synthetic.
    Premium gas is not required for the Azera. Using an occasional tank of premium is ok since most premiums have a higher concentration of additives to clean injectors - or just pour in a can of injector cleaner if it makes you feel better. We have never used an additive or premium fuel in our Azera, and as previously stated, the car runs great.
    Lastly, does the Hyundai 10 year/100,000 mile power train warranty, transfer?
    Some have reported such a problem, in some cases due to aftermarket sunscreening applied to the rear window, but I checked my AM reception today (after not using AM for months) and it seems to be functioning normally... for AM... ;)
  • bw06bw06 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2006 Azera almost 2 years to to date. I love my Azera, I have had no problems. I changed to synthetic oil and have had my transmission fluid changed. I bought the car with 63800you miles on it. Now I have 100880 miles. It runs very well. The only flaw in my opinion is the Warranty dosage not take bumps in the road very well. Otherwise it is an excellent car.
  • bw06bw06 Member Posts: 3
    I have 100,800 miles on my 2006 Azera, when should I replaced the spark plugs?
    edited November 2011
    When the mileage goes to pot, when it can't pass the emissions test, when the check engine light comes on, or when you have an extra couple hundred bucks lying around that you have no use for.
    Seriously, changing the plugs is recommended mainly because the plugs can get corroded/stuck in aluminum heads. They could break off in the head when attempting removal, then you have a real mess. If you really think you have to change the plugs, I'd soak them pretty good in an antiseize solvent before attempting it.
    Can the V6 3.8 in the Azera be "re-flashed" to obtain the performance numbers (hp and Torque) for the v-6 3.8 in the Genesis??? Isn't the same engine in both cars??
    Well...after almost 6 years & 123,001 miles...I have experienced my first major problem/break-down. I went to move my car, starting it with no problem. I went to move the shifter and the handled moved, but wouldn't go past "R". Trying to put it back in "P" was fruitless at first, but after a few prods of the shift lock & disconnecting the battery...I was able to get it back into "P". Now...I am able to move the shifter, but the transmission itself does not move into any gear at all. I did notice a sound behind the dash when I would press the brake pedal and go to move the shifter...as if it's trying to do something, but there's a disconnect. We shall see. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Happy New Year to me, huh? :sick:
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    Hi allmet33, Sounds like a linkage problem. Service site has the repair listed under transaxle controls. Good luck and Happy New Year. :)
    good luck out of warranty $$$$$$$

happy new year keep us posted
    Hi allmett33, How about that promised update on your linkage problem or whatever it was. How did you fix it? :confuse:
    My apologies...it ended up being a broken shifter cable. The part was around $100 & the labor was about $650 (they have to drop the transmission to install it). :shades:
    cha ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WOW, high price fix. On my Chrysler 300M the shifter cable was subject to getting to much moisture and would rust and break. Was easy to replace. Did you get to see how and where your cable broke? Tried to look it up in my maintenance manual, couldn't find anything about how to R&R.
    With labor @ $100 or more/hr. I can see a bill like this when you have to drop the tranny....
  • jaszijaszi Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone else had their driver seat move back on its own either without you being in the seat or in the seat? I wasn't touching any of the buttons on the side and overnight, the seat was all the way back. I'm the only driver and the car is locked. It's happened in my driveway and at work. One day, I was sitting in the seat, getting ready to leave a grocery store and it decided to move all the way back on its own. I've taken it to the dealership and of course, they can't replicate it. I'm afraid that one of these times, I'll be on the highway and I won't be able to move it back to where I normally have it set. I'm short, so it has to go almost all the way up. Any suggestions, thoughts?
    Can't say that's ever happened in the 6 years I've had mine.
    Thanks, that's what I'm hearing from the guys at the dealership. They couldn't find anything while the car was there for 4 days.
  • jerrybikerjerrybiker Member Posts: 53
    Could this be caused by water leaking into the car and shorting the circut for the seat? I had a problem like this on another car. Rain was leaking into the car.
    @jerrybiker, no I don't think so. Even though it rained today, the windows have been tight. It happened today, several times while I was sitting in the driver's seat and while I was driving. I'm going to have to talk to the dealership again. I'll mention the shorting as a possibility. Thanks.
    Has anyone out there dealt with Kspec in Korea for parts, etc???? How is their service,shipping times, overall satisfaction...I am looking at a rear spoiler for my '06.

Thanks
    Take a look at CARid.com before you go to Kspec.
    already did..Kspec offered a very similar product painted for about $50 less than unpainted one from carid.
  • mozartmanmozartman Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2012
    Products on CARid.com site are overpriced.
  • dvdlghdvdlgh Member Posts: 9
    I was getting poor reception on AM like many others. FM was better but not good enough. I wanted AUX and USB so after checking the specs on many head units I got a Sony CDX-GT700HD. After the install FM was a bit better and AM was still bad. The problem was that the after market harness has no wire for the antenna amp. The amp wire on the Sonata is green w/black strip and is in a corner position on the plug. It is pin 24. The easiest way I found was to gently strip off some insulation and connect the wire from the Sony harness. The wire is marked ANT REM. I taped it good with electrical tape. I verified the correct wire on the Sonata harness with a meter. The result was greatly improved reception. I'm in central WI and I'm getting Milw and Chi on AM. FM is also much better with more stations and cleaner reception. I hope this helps others in the same/similar situation.
    Allmet

Did you encounter any problems with high heat or heat buildup in the head light housing when ou installed the HID's???? I have been advised to drill a small hole in the end cap to help vent any heat that may cause melting or discolor the lens....

Thanks
    edited April 2012
    No, not at all. There is actually less heat generated from the HID bulb than the regular halogen bulb. The HID ballast is where most of the heat is generated.

Not sure what is meant by drilling a small hole in the end cap, I had to drill a 3/4" hole in the dust cap to run the wires through. I've had HID's in for over a year now and my lens are fine, no melting, not discoloration...no problems at all.

As a matter of fact, I just did another HID install in a buddy's 2006 Azera a couple weekends ago. I did it the same way I did mine and he hasn't mentioned any issues either.
    thanks.....Are your HID's 5000K (white) or higher K (blue)?
    What size or part number are the fog/driving light bulbs on the 06 azera? H 8 ?? BP 1235 ?? The part number in the manual is no help and most part suppliers don't show a listing.....Thanks
    If it's an '06 Azera, the bulb u need is an H8.
  • azeramanazeraman Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Gamleged- I just purchased a 2006 Azera, Limited, with 52,000 miles. The owners manual says the car came with Michelin run-flat tires. Did your car come with these tires? I was wondering because, the tires on it now are Pirelli and they have about 10,000 miles left.
    My guess is, the original owner didn't like the run-flat tires and replaced them before 20,000 miles.
    Michelin Energy radials were OEM on the '06....If you read the posts, no one liked them and most owners changed them out....I did and now run Yoko's....much better ride... No run-flats were OEM in the US on this car to my knowledge....
    Replaced my Michelin Energy tires with Yoko's @ 35,000. They were good tires but were not run flats. Good Luck