Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mbcosmbcos Member Posts: 19
    Hi, sorry for the delay. It was the multimedia package with the radio and bluetooth and all.
    mbshopper, you are not missing anything. I don't know about the residual or money factor. I concentrated on that for 2 months and was getting prices of $580 - $620 with $1900 - $2200 due for inception fees. I was there for the bottom line and told the dealers what I wanted to pay. That is the deal I got. How much money they made off the deal is not my concern. I hope it goes well for you.
    frank, I don't prefer to negotiate in person anymore. I just basically configure the car that I want on-line through the website and then e-mail the dealerships the car that I want and its MSRP and the amount that I will pay for the car. Of course, I start drastically low and then they come up with a figure, and then I say $XXX is my only offer. I e-mail a dozen dealers and I let them all know that and I tell them the deals I am offered so they can beat it. Then I go in and sign the deal and thats it.

Ray Catena was an ok dealership. I really like Prestige in Paramus the best because of the salesman Erik. But I took the car from Flemington because they had exactly what I wanted. Although, the Flemington dealership is a joke and so are the sales people, like in Morristown MB.

Honestly, I am not sure of the buy amount at the end of the lease because I have 0 intention on buying out the car. I would expect it to be high since I am paying so low a month. Good luck and don't be shy with these people. I noticed that most people sign a deal on a car after they have been "negotiating" at a dealership for 2 hours+.
  • frankb036frankb036 Member Posts: 37
    thanks for the info..I will try both Paramus and Flemington..i may have to do this in March..but I think you got the deal of a life time
    Trust you are enjoying the new car..and thanks again
    Frank,

I got a 2009 C300 Luxury 4-Matic Sedan with P1, Multimedia Package, Panorama Sunroof, and Ipod Integration Kit. No extra charges for the paint or interior as I just got a basic black exterior with black MB Tex interior.

When I e-mailed all the dealers, I just specified P1 and Multimedia Package. I had no idea I was getting the Panorama Sunroof or Ipod Integration Kit until I saw the car to sign the deal. Therefore, I feel like I got two options that I didn't even pay for.... in my head.

Be firm and have a top dollar in your head or else you will get taken advantage of. The C300 leases for $600 a month if thats what everyone else pays. Take advantage of our slow economy and the need to sell cars for quotas and some profit. Some profit is better than none. Residuals and money factors are important, but not when you can really push for better deals. I am not playing with residuals and money factor anymore. I am looking at the bottom line. All of course via e-mail and then phone if its a good deal.

The next thing that people need to start refusing is the disposition fee. You know that I am not paying MB $695 to take the car back at the end of the lease. What a bunch of BS. Just like the "doc fee" and the inflated $995 MB "bank fee." I left them with about $400 to cover my "doc fee" and "bank fee" by only putting out of pocket $1300. One MB dealership even worked in a $405 fee for "advertising." Why should I have to pay for advertising to sell you product? Why should I have to pay a "destination fee" when the car has to come to the dealership anyway or else the dealer would have no cars on the lot and no customers.

I went through all of this with Lexus 3 years ago and the game never changes.
    frank, good luck with whatever you do. I hope that whatever I managed to take advantage of in February is still around in March. I recommend that you call Erik Laberge at Paramus MB and tell him what you want to pay and he will take care of you really well. I don't even want to mention my salesman's name at Flemington because he was just a jerk.

If you do shop for the C Class and the car has an MSRP around $42K, then don't go to Paramus or any other MB dealer without knowing that you will get that car for under $500 a month including NJ sales tax and less than $1500 inception fees. I had tier 1 credit, but even if some people have tier 2, I bet they will still be right around the $500 mark a month. Maybe even less if they want less than 15,000 miles a year. Good luck.
    Thanks again for the info....one more question...do you lose anything by taking the car for service to a different dealer than the one where you bought the car..I live in Short Hills and Morristown or Catena would be where I would go for service..and if I buy in Paramus then I was wondering if you knew if Catena or Morristown would deny me a loaner car or something else since i did not buy/lease it from them...
    Do any current owners happen to know if the audio can completely be shut off? I don't know how to turn the radio/cd off. I push the big on button in the middle everything powers down and the navigation folds away. How do I just shut off the radio and leave the navigation on? Is muting it the only way? I had a CD playing and then I just muted it to shut it off when I didn't want to hear it anymore because I don't know how to shut off the audio. When I went back to the CD, it was 2 tracks a head because it in fact was only muted. Same goes for the radio. I don't think it ever shuts off.

If anyone knows, please let me know.
    frank, the first night that I had the car, my tire pressure monitor let me know that something was wrong. I brought the car to Morristown for service and they said that they needed the car for 3 - 4 hours since it was busy that day. They gave me a loaner. They didn't even blink an eye to it. I wouldn't expect them to. I have never encountered a problem with that no matter where I got the car from and where I had it serviced. Why should they care? All dealerships have a service center to service Mercedes-Benz cars, not Morristown MB cars or Flemington MB cars or Paramus MB cars. Don't take that crap if they ever pull that on you. Just remind them that you never had a problem at Lexus or BMW if they do.
    Thanks again for all your info..I will take your advice and try Erik in paramus and give him the first shot..
    enjoy your car
  • boltsfanboltsfan Member Posts: 29
    Live in Southern CA.

I have been told that MB is offering to let you turn in your lease 5 months early for clients in good standing to move into a new MB.

I currently have a 2006 C230 that expires in Sept 2009. My current payment is $471 per month for 39 months (15k miles per year). I put zero down.

Here is the deal I was offered:

2009 C300
    Options - P1, iPod, 18" AMG wheels, wood trim
    Res - 53%
    MF- .00195
    MSRP - $39,490
    Cap - $36,950
    Adj Cap - $39,100
    ZERO cash down
    15k miles per year
    $562.97 plus tax

This is same dealership I leased my C230 from. I know this is not a good deal at all and am working on lowering the Cap and \or MF with the same sales guy I used 3 years ago (he is actually very nice) but they are not budging at the moment. I assume the "Adj Cap" the dealer quoted is rolling drive offs back in to the deal so I do not have to put anything down.

Any thoughts and\or opinions?

Thanks!
    the price seems very high....look at posts from "mbcos" in this forum. he.got a 43K MSRP C300 for less than $500 and the price includes 7% state tax...his out of pocket costs was $1300
    boltsfan, go and get other quotes from dealers in your area and tell them the quotes you are getting. Even if you do get a good price, they will say that the other dealership is lying to you and something is wrong. Tell them what you want to pay. DO NOT pay over $500 a month, especially on a car that has an MSRP under 40K. Even if you put nothing out of pocket and have it all wrapped into your lease payments, I would still think your payment should about $500 given that your MSRP was $3,000 less than mine. Send e-mails to dealers telling them that you do not want to pay more than $500.

IE: Send e-mails detailing the car you want including color and equipment. Tell them you want to put out only minimal inception fees or nothing at all, whichever you prefer. Then tell them that you would like to lease this car for 39 months (best program wright now) with 15K a year for $xxx including CA sales tax. If I were you, I would start by saying $480 a month. Give them your phone number and e-mail when you contact them. That is exactly how I got the best deal. Or, you can just call the dealerships yourself and ask for any salesman and tell them the exact same thing. Don't get impatient. Someone will give you a great deal in these hard economic times.
    Thanks for the info guys!

I was trying to be cool by going back to same salesman but guess I need to start sending emails out to other dealerships. I only deal by email until a price and monthly payment are in writing (will rarely give out my phone #). This is how I got my last MB and '08 Yukon. I actually had to print emails at the dealership when we leased our Yukon to prove things in writing (switching 20" wheels over, etc...)

I realize you were concentrating on the bottom line (like I usually do) but did you actually get quoted a residual and MF?

Is the 5 month turn in early deal legit?

With those options what should I be looking at for a Cap Cost?

The old way to lease was to negotiate the price of the car then deal with monthly payment. I think it has turned the other way around.
  • mandy11mandy11 Member Posts: 2
    After reading a lot of the lease deals on this forum, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?
    lease on a 2009 C300 4matic Sport 39 mo, 12k/yr.
    pkg 2, multimedia, ipod integration, walnut trim, mb tex
    $539/month with $3000 down (fees plus add’l down).
    thanks!
    boltsfan, I never did get quoted the residual or money factor because I didn't care. I was simply uninterested because I know I got a good car at a great price.

The 5 month thing is legit. If you get a C300, you can turn it in 5 months early and avoid their "disposition" or "return fee" which is so totally BS.

I would never put any Cap Cost reduction down on a lease. Why prepay your lease. If they ask you for $3,000 cap cost reduction, just divide that by the number of months in your lease and that is the added cost. $3,000 divided by 39 months (the term of your lease) is $77. So when you get quoed $500 a month, you need to add $77 to that, so your monthly payment was $577, but you just prepaid the $77 portion.

Don't do any cap costs reductions. You don't have to.

Forget residuals and money factor. They are probably lies anyway. I don't know how mathematically my lease worked, but it did according to several dealers who were all within $12 of each other in terms of monthly payments.

Just get a good bottom line at the end. Thats all your should care about. Don't worry about how much money they are going to make on the deal.
    Mandy, don't do it.

Do NOT give $3,000 down. Don't prepay your lease. Take that $539 payment (does that included sales tax) and add $77 a month since you are prepaying $77 a month with your cap cost reduction. Does $616 a month sound like a good deal to you? I don't think so. And don't forget, you are still putting down inception fees which I bet they told you are about $2100 on top of that.

$439 a month is an actual offer if you pay the $3,000 because that would make your monthly payment $516 (439+77). You should be getting that car around $500 - $510 including sales tax without paying anymore than $1,500 down for your inception fees and that is it. I repeat; NO CAP COST REDUCTION.

Spam out some e-mails and let them know that you did. Play the dealers against eachother. You aren't doing anything bad or lying. You are merely shopping for the best deal in the most famous competitve markek in the world.

Forget that deal above and go back to the drawing board. Someone will sell you that car for around $500 a month with no cap cost reduction at all and only minimal inception fees. I have some recommendations for you in the NJ area if you live around here.

And for God's sake, don't even pay that inflated bank fee or the "doc fee." They will ask for $1900 - $2200 for inception fees. You don't even have to go that high. Good luck and don't sign a deal out of frustration.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Luk. Mercedes was providing dealer cash on leftover 2008 C-Class models, but it does not have any cash on 2009 models right now. Mercedes is currently providing 2.9% to 3.9% financing or a special lease program on the '09 C-Class.

It does have some cash on the 2009 E-Class though. It is currently providing 2.9% to 3..9% financing plus a whopping $6,000 dealer cash or special lease money factors plus $4,000 on most '09 E-Class models.

The above programs are only scheduled to run through March 2nd. Mercedes will introduced its new March programs this week. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I should be able to give you an idea of what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mandy11mandy11 Member Posts: 2
    thanks mbcos.
    the $539/month included taxes. The incep fee is $1500, and I was mistaken about the $3,000 down - it's actually a total of $2500 down so that's an add'l $1,000 to the inception fees.
    I negotiated invoice and was told that I could only get $539/month with $ down, no more wiggle room. I live in NJ and would love your recommendations. Thanks for the tips! I will report back to let you know how I did.
    Mandy I live in NJ as well...and mbcos has some really good info on deal and dealers on this forum..net is the Flemington MB dealership gave him the best deal though he would have preferred to get the car from paramus MB since that salesman treated him better..anyway start with mbcos message number 403 on this forum for some really great info about the NJ dealerships..and since I live in NJ as well let me know what deal you finally get
  • sdhlaw1701sdhlaw1701 Member Posts: 5
    I was curious how you all were able to get the sales reps to give you quotes over email rather than wasting time on the phone and going in to the dealership. I have sent the dealership requests for quotes for a 2009 C 300, but all i have gotten back are sales calls wherein the sales rep tells me to come in and we can talk about what I am looking for. I don't want to play around, I know what I want and what I want to spend. How can I get the sales rep to give me a quote without the games?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am dealing with dealerships in south Florida.

Thanks
    sdhlaw, Thats exactly what you have to tell them in your e-mail. I don't have time to play around and I want your best quote now. Be firm just like they are with you when you are in their dealership. Don't be scared to walk away because there are plenty other MB salesman who will sell the car.
    Mandy, after all is said and done, the lease deal on the car is not terrible, although I would prefer to lose that $1,000 additional to the inception fee. Or get the payment down to the $520s. Try Erik at Paramus Mercedes. I think he can help the best. Hope it works out for you.
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    Hi All,

I am interested on the following car.

Details-

C350W - $39,000
    775 Iridium Silver - $720
    P02 P02 Premium II Package - $1,350
    057 iPod Integration Kit - $375
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY - $875

TOTAL - $42,320

Here is the offer I got so far:

C350 with P2 package
    Money Factor - 0.00134
    Res - 52% - $22,006
    Vehicle Price: $42,320.00
    MBUSA DISCOUNT: $1,101.00
    Selling Price: $41,219.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,563.13
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $316.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $599.95

Balance Due (estimate): $44,706.58

I want to lease for 39 months at 12,000 miles a year. The dealer is requesting $3,500 cash due at signing and the monthly lease payment is $599 a month. I don't think this is a good offer yet... any help is appreciated! mbcos?

Please advice.

Thanks a lot!
  • joebeanjoebean Member Posts: 3
    Picked up a beautiful 09 C350 yesterday in East Bay area, CA. Let me add disclaimer here that yes, I know cap cost reductions = general bad practice. I have my reasons for playing a little with cap reduction and am overall VERY happy with the deal I got. Was looking serious at A4 but MB was able to be more aggressive with pricing.

It's a C350 in palladium silver, black interior with COMMAND/NAV, P2 package and iPod integration kit.

MSRP - $46.310
    Residual - $24,081
    Cap Cost - $41,322

Taxes / Fees - $1,095
    Cap Reduction - $2,825
    Net Cap - $39,591

Base Payment - $461.89
    Plus CA tax of $38.11
    Total monthly = $500
    Total drive off = $4k (obvious including 1st month payment)

This forum was invaluable in the buying process. Thanks to those who share their stories and experience.

This is for 39 month lease with 39k miles.
    Thanks mbcos for the advice, I will try that approach.
  • lion2122lion2122 Member Posts: 1
    I shopped around for the Mercedes C 300 4matic. I live in Northern Nj and I got quotes form prestige mercedes in Paramus, Globe mercedes in Fairfeld , and Millinum mercedes in morristown. I must say the person who gave me the best deal is Mike Fumai at globe mercedes. I ended up getting the p1 ,multimedia ,Pano roof and ipod with 3500 down at $455.00 monthly. Granted we could of put alot less down and our payment would of been in the high 4's but we wanted to keep our payment in the low to mid 4's. I spoke to the guy Eric at Prestige mercedes . Yes, he was very nice but he wanted to give me a deal for 3500 down for 489.00 a month But I could only get the p1 package no ipod multimedia or pano roof. So obviously I I took my busness elsewhere.
  • jeff9241jeff9241 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my C300 4-Matic from Rallye Motors in Roslyn NY. What a great deal I got. First of all they paid off all my 6 payments on my 2006 C230 at 485.00 per month. They also of course paid the 595.00 turn in fee. My new car is the sport model with the premium 1 package and i pod kit. I got 15000 miles per year and am paying 499.00 per month. My only upfront fee was the bank and motor vehicle fees. The first month fee was a wash since it was due on the old car the same day---Tax is included in payment ---Don't think u can beat that!
    Hi, not sure if I am too late to weigh in, but I think your deal could be lower. A payment of $599 a month on top of a cap cost reduction of $2000 is not good at all. I know you said that you are putting $3500 down, but about $2000 of that money is just a cap cost reduction and the rest is the registration, bank fee, etc. You are really paying $650 for that car. We are in a recession. You need to be much lower. Are you paying the tax up front? Don't do that either when it can just be in your monthly payment. That way, you can hold onto your money longer. Really, this car should be $1500 out of pocket and in the high 4s or low 5s. The price of the car you want is like the car I got just optioned differently. Forget the residuals and money factor. It is not your job to make sure the dealership makes a good profit on you. Good luck to you.
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    well here is where I am with my options - I currently have a CLK which I love but this past winter gave me some 2nd thoughts....anyway MB will buy out the rest of my lease - 5 left at $521 (pretty good anyway for a loaded CLK 350 - 06).

New 09 CLK would be higher with money down - at least that is the deal I'm being offered - now

For a C class
    C300 4matic sport black with black MBtex - P1, Multimedia 12k miles, 39 months, $1,500 to drive off (includes 1st month payment, reg, etc) - we are hovering around $480/mon with tax. Maybe will get pan roof tossed in...they are sweating so it is possible.

North Jersey location

Again love the CLK and I do think it is a step back to a C class but more practical transportation is calling.
  • assameseassamese Member Posts: 15
    I signed a lease on saturday with Ray Catena. I also shopped with: Contemporary mercedes, Little Silver...My recommendation is to go with Ray Catena, Edison. Here is what I got:

Make/Model : NEW 2009 C300-4matic
    Options:
    P1 package
    iPod Integration

Color: BLACK exterior, BIEGE Interior

LEASE TERMS
    39 months/ 12k miles-per-year
    $475 per month (this will be my monthly payment, including GAP insurance and everything else, NOTHING EXCLUDED)
    NO Downpayment
    $1880 at the time of signing lease (includes everything: taxes, DMV, 1st month's payment, bank fees doc fees, destination fees, whatever)

waived the following on my existing lease:
    - Remaining 2 payments (as of March 28)
    - Disposition fees

The new car will be delivered by March 28
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    thanks, mbcos!
    I will continue to negotiate more and let you know the results. So I guess I should only focus on the monthly payment - based on the car I want - and inception fees and forget about residual and money factor?

thanks!
    cneff, that sounds like a nice deal. Good luck with the car if you go for it.
    arturob, yes, forget about these residuals and money factors and blah blah blah at this point. Look at the recent posts from people in this forum. The car is only worth what it will sell/lease for. The last few deals have been really good, even better than the one I got last month. Work off the deals that people got in this forum and compare it to the offer you got from the MB dealership you went to and you can see the large difference. Just go to a different dealer if the one you are at won't work with you because C300s/C350s do not lease for $600 a month, especially with a cap cost reduction. Be firm and don't give in at the car dealership no matter what they tell you. Go to a car dealership and tell them what you want to pay and how much you will pay for it. Good luck.
    You got a nice deal on the c class...I live in NJ too, please let em know the dealership's name
    jeff9241 - I want the same deal as you got. Nice job!

Any good dealers in San Diego anyone has leased a C300 from recently? I got my current C230 from MB Escondido. Currently have 6 payments left on current lease and want to turn in early. Big "Spring Event" email sent out today from the MB dealership. CA sales tax is going up 1% on April 1st.
    I need the experts help. I just got the following offer and I would like to know if this is a good deal or should I press for better.
    The car is a 2009 C350 Sport, Silver w/ Black interior and includes the 18" AMG wheels and the Ipod integration Kit. The offer is a lease for 39 months/ 15K miles per year. Here is the break down of the offer:

Vehicle Price: $40,970
    Appearance Protection: $499
    Door Edge Cup Guard: $295
    Preferred Customer Discount: $4,377
    Selling Price $37,387

Sales Tax: $2,324.71
    Tag/Registration Fees:335.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: $8.50
    Documentation Fee: $599
    Balance Due: $40,655.16

Cash Due: $1,567

Total Monthly Payment: $564 tax included

So what does everybody think? Is this a good deal? It does appear to be below invoice but, the way the numbers are presented it could be misleading and I end up giving the dealer a lot of profit. Advice? Opinions?

Thanks for all the input.
  • dbmediadbmedia Member Posts: 1
    I noticed in a previous thread you're located in S Florida. I've just started looking into the C350 or 300. What dealerships have you been talking to? I'm curious to see what you come up with or if you have any other input from your process. In other threads I've read, people claim to be leasing C350s valued at well over 40K for less than 500/month with 0 down. Not sure how that works out or if location has anything to do with it but apparently that's the case.

Thanks
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    The dealer is Morristown - still negotiating because I'm finding it really hard to tear myself away from the CLK ;) I like options and that always jumps the price (though still under $500) I've been with Motown for years and leased many cars from them so I'm sure that helps. I know not everyone has had good experiences with them but it has been great for me. I always go to the same sales guy, very up front and low pressure - initials are H.C. if I'm allowed to post that.
  • jackbauer88jackbauer88 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys-

I frequent this forum a lot, and used it extensively when buying a Lexus for my wife a few months ago. I've bought / leased 2 Mercedes (C300 Sport w/NAV & CLK 350 Cabrio) in the last 18 months from Prestige MB in Paramus, NJ. The C300 was delivered a few weeks ago, and I got quotes from most of the dealers in Northern NJ as well as New York State. Morristown MB was very tough to deal with and did not want to negotiate at all. I knew more about the car than any of the salesmen I talked to. I ended up back @ Prestige simply because they had exactly what I wanted (Metallic Silver ext, Black Int w/ Aluminum Trim, NAV) and were willing to negotiate. My salesman was Rob Kant - knows the cars well, no BS'ing, very professional. They're running some great specials on the CLK's right now as well. I highly recommend Prestige, made the process a whole lot easier than it had been with my other car purchases.
    Quote from dealership:
    2009 C300
    P1, iPod, 18" wheels

Zero out of pocket at driveoff:

39 months (15k per year)
    $580.00 per month (includes tax)

48 months (15k per year)
    $535.00 per month (includes tax)

First payment, license fees and acquisition fee amount to about $2,100 and are rolled into payments above.

Good deal?
  • jms18jms18 Member Posts: 1
    sounds great, can you give me the salesmans name ,,i would like the same deal asap. need a car asap.
    thanks,
    jeff
    good luck...
    Thanks for the information...did you get the car? what was the MSRP and your lease cost
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    Someone on here recently bought a C300 with p1 and multimedia for $485 a month and 1300 out of pocket. The lease was for 15K a year. 36 or 39 mos. Maybe you can talk them down a little bit.
    Do you know if they were in So. California?
    Car man
    Can you tell me if there are any incentives for April on the C class

Thanks
    Congratulations on getting your new C300, assamese. Thanks for taking he time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like yours are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi frankb036. This car's lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. I am going to make some assumptions about the lease that you are interested in. Let me know if you want something different.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 C300 with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man
    Sorry I did not give you enough information in my last quote. I would like the money factor and residual percent on a 39 month lease for a 300 luxury 4 matic with 12k mile per year.
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    They were in Northern NJ
This discussion has been closed.