Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lexusbuyer1lexusbuyer1 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone here use fleetrates.com to buy a new car? Especially the Canadians?
  • Options
    gstacigstaci Member Posts: 5
    i phoned the references he gave me and they cheked out positive but i am holding back because the dollar is slipping im going to wait and see
  • Options
    carguy4321carguy4321 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I did. It was a long wait. Paid in full in early November 07 and the car arrived at the Canadian bonded warehouse just before Xmas. It was worth the wait for the savings. Good Luck.
  • Options
    getmeanewcargetmeanewcar Member Posts: 26
    is that reasonable price?

without navi, no options
  • Options
    getmeanewcargetmeanewcar Member Posts: 26
    I dont know why the edit button doesn't show up, anyway I am in Southern California.
  • Options
    stonejlexstonejlex Member Posts: 3
    Sounds to me that if it took you that long to buy the car, you may have been the ones playing games. The dealer has only certain paramaters, and the dealerships exist to make a profit. Each salesperson at the dealership is paid off the PROFIT and not on the selling price of the vehicle. It may be cute to you to want such a huge discount, but his wife and kids aren't appreciating it. Why is the car business not allowed fair profit but your t-shirts and your shoes are allowed 300% mark ups. :sick: It's sick what you are doing. Go in, make an offer, and buy the car. It's sooooo easy. Don't make it harder then it is!!!!!
  • Options
    charlesbcharlesb Member Posts: 43
    The previous post (#2265) is NOT quite accurate. Sales people get paid a base salary as well as getting a piece of the dealer profit for a particular sale. Also salespeople who can move volumes of vehicles get additional bonuses from selling cars irrespective of the profit per unit sole. Would every dealership and salesperson like to move every unit at MSRP, of course, but we all know that there are deals to be had on the Lexus IS250/IS350 and this forum is about telling people about your deal and, hopefully, steer another Edmunds reader toward a similarly good deal. If dealerships would be more upfront and make initial offers that reflect the true value of the car (disclose incentives without being asked, ect) in the market vis a vis a CarsDirect, Costco or TMV price then cries of greedy customers might fall on somewhat more receptive ears.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating squeezing the last nickel out of the deal but sometimes for a less aggressive customer time, and by that I mean waiting for your price, is a very powerful ally, indeed.
  • Options
    lexusdriver99lexusdriver99 Member Posts: 1
    Ummm not exactly true. All dealerships pay their sales people differently. I know several auto sales folks that work only on straight commission. They do make volume bonus's and spiffs, but no salary to speak of.
  • Options
    tfz_hebe89tfz_hebe89 Member Posts: 4
    Got this deal on IS350 black exterior, black interior
    Options: NAV system, premium package, HID package,and 18" tires, rear spoiler

MSRP: 42421
    Your price: 36600
    Price after tax and misc fees: 40000 even.

Do you guys think this is a good deal or I can do better?
  • Options
    lexusbuyer1lexusbuyer1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi carguy,

I've already sent fleetrates $1000 deposit for a car purchase, but I'm so frustrated to deal with them, they haven't faxed me a single document. When I call the agent, her phone is always busy. Would you please give me some advice and describe how the thing works, what document I should recieve, when I should sent them the balance, thanks a lot for your help, please send email to zhaostacey@gmail.com
  • Options
    massimo1massimo1 Member Posts: 9
    I have an MB C230 with 135,000 miles on it. Would like to replace it sometime in the next year. When do you think I would get my best deal? Feb? July? Sept? Does Lexus ever offer its dealers incentives?
    Any advice appreciated.
  • Options
    The best time to buy would depend on what exactly you were looking for and if that was something that would be in dealer inventory. For a car in dealer inventory the "best time" would be the end of a month when the incentives are in effect and that usually happens in the summer sometime after the factory switches over to building the next model year. Keep your eyes on the TMV price here at Edmund's and prices at places like CarsDirect that do a pretty good job of tracking when incentives are in effect. Knowing about the incentives when asking for a price is important because not all dealers will volunteer that information.
  • Options
    massimo1massimo1 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the advice. I actually bought 2 cars through Carsdirect.com in 2000. Then (I thought) they stopped their business for a while?
    Anyway just went to their site and the basic IS250 manual with no additional packages is $27,710.
    In prior posts people have talked about not being able to find a "basic" IS250 without add-on packages.
    What's anyone's sense of what's available in the SF Bay Area? Am I fooling myself to think that there is even a basic 250 out there?

Also do you recommend buying through Carsdirect.com or just printing theri price and going through the internet manager at a local dealer?
  • Options
    nonxnonx Member Posts: 2
    Hello all... could I hear from anyone who recently bought an 06 IS250. How much did you pay (OTD)? I am in the market for an 06 is250 and I would appreciate input from recent buyers.

Thanks
  • Options
    Carsdirect doesn't have an inventory search feature tied to website but generally the affiliated dealer will honor the Target Price that's provided there. Now a basic Lexus anything is hard to come, like most luxury car proprietors Lexus dealers are wont to order cars that are "packaged up" and, therefore, more profitable for the dealership.

However, the IS250 is one model that tends to leave the factory with a lighter load of options. My guess would be that you will find cars with X-package or 18" wheels and Premium package on dealer lots fairly readily because those are both common builds. It is actually hard to find "loaded" IS250s because they start to encroach on IS350 price territory.

You could use the Lexus.com site and build a car as stripped as possible (or basic if you prefer that term) and see what CAN be built in your geographic region because that tool is tied to dealer inventory in your ZIP code. Once you know what actually is in local dealer inventory (i.e. can be built at Lexus.com) you can go back to a Carsdirect and see what the price Target Price is for a car that interests you. Don't hesitate to also contact dealers and see if they will give you a "better price" too, but it gives you a price to work with.
  • Options
    pr64pr64 Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys,

Here is the deal, I live in TX, nearest Lexus dealer is in Austin. I'm looking to buy an 08 IS 250 around June - July time frame with the following options; LL luxury Plus package, Nav and XM radio. How much can I expect to pay for this car, has anyone bought from Austin before? What would be a good deal OTD ?

EDMUNDS TMV is 35,870

All advises will be grately appreciated
  • Options
    jdedmundsjdedmunds Member Posts: 13
    I am in Houston, TX. I dealt with four dealers on the internet for an IS 250 rwd with the following options.
    Premium Package includes:
    - Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
    - Perforated leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats

Additional Options:
    - Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front, 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear
    - Rear spoiler
    - Preferred accessory package (includes cargo net, trunk mat and wheel locks)

MSRP is $36050
    Negotiated price is $32000 = TTL.

Two dealers agreed to that price and they are tinting the car for free. The deal is scheduled for 2/23/08. I hope this helps someone in TX.
  • Options
    pr64pr64 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great deal, Thanks for your comments it provides me with a ball park figure as to what to possibly expect. Although I will be adding the Nav ,rear spoiler and dual exhuast therefore I can expect to add aprox. an addiditional 4 or 5 g's. Again thank you for your comments and enjoy your Lex.
  • Options
    abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Did anyone bought IS250 RWD in Seattle area? How much you paid for it & any recommendations for dealer?

I'm looking for IS250 RWD base model with Nav. only. How much I should be paying for it? Edmunds invoice is showing as $27917 + Dest charge + Nav. price = $30832.

Pls. advice?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Is this total OTD (out the door) price or you have to pay tax, title on it?

Thanks
  • Options
    criticfilmcriticfilm Member Posts: 2
    First, let me say, I am a proud new owner of a Lexus, past cars include 1993 BMW 325i and 2000 Lincoln LS. I set off to purchase a great sports sedan, but my magic number with my LS trade was 30K! Started shopping early in the year for base model of BMW 328i, Infiniti G35, Audi A4, and IS250...test drove them all, but decision is another tale, now the price.
    I am convinced you can not buy base models, I feel like the Base Model price is a gimmick, like a holiday sales item at a department store, they advertise the low price on a great item, but they only have 3 per store, and then push you to buy the more expensive one. Companies make money on these options too! So forget a base model deal on a luxury sports sedan! Audi and Infiniti prices were lower, but their resell was weaker and so was their dealer locations and service for me. BMW 328i with loaded options was way too pricey, plus as an ex-owner I didn't feel like it was an upgrade for me. Lexus HP is tad low on straight stop-go acceleration, but once up to speed, quick, nimble, AWD very tight and responsive. I live in the East Coast, today snow storm, glad I bought the AWD!

Overall the car was almost $37,000 with

Premium Package includes:
    - Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
    - Perforated leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats

Additional Options:
    - Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) THIS IS A MUST - HOLY SHOOT, I can't believe how nice they are! I drove the mountain route last night cloudy taking turns fast and hard, which even in day would be scary.
    - Preferred accessory package (includes cargo net, trunk mat and wheel locks)

The Blue Book on my Lincoln LS was $4,000 but every dealer I went to in my searches would only give me 3K, so I worked a deal and was able to get my IS250 AWD for 30K flat, told him my price or I'd walk, so $3K for the trade and $4k off and I have a brand new 2008 IS250 AWD in Starfire Pearl.
    Basically, I feel the strongest thing is to check what they have in stock, and how long they have it, think of shelf life, the longer they keep the car at the dealer, the more the dealer is losing money in maintenance, space, depreciation, interest on purchase, and it makes the dealer look bad when you keep coming in and the same car is still there...so look in the showroom or lot, find the car you want with the features, and make an offer slightly above invoice and you might be happy, I know I was very happy!
    Another PLUS - it helps to have a friend or customer relationship too, the dealer was my father's dealer, he owns the Lexus ES330, that may have been a small factor...great service.
    Purchased 2/2008 LEXUS IS250 AWD, DiFeo Lexus, Route 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ USA
  • Options
    drqddsdrqdds Member Posts: 3
    Just bought 2008 IS 250 w/ nav for $32700 at Tustin Lexus, CA. OTD is 35600.
  • Options
    bnanninibnannini Member Posts: 5
    Was it the most basic of the premium packages?
  • Options
    lurchttulurchttu Member Posts: 1
    Below is a internet quote from Dallas, Texas. How does this deal rate? Thanks for all input.

Don't forget! My pricing also includes the upgraded factory chrome wheels.

Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 31725.00 $ 31725.00
    18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires Includes: 830.00
    w/225/40R18 Fr+255/40R18 Rr Summer Tires ...
    High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front 875.00
    Lighting System ............................
    Premium Package Includes: .................. 1290.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, Wood Inter
    Trim, and Perforated Leather Seat Upgrade ..
    Preferred Accessory Package: ............... 210.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 3205.00 $ 3205.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 765.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 35695.00

Your pricing is $33050+TTL
  • Options
    pm79pm79 Member Posts: 13
    jdedmunds:

I am trying to get the same model in SoCal. Can you give the breakup for
    Selling Price + Taxes + Title + Registration + Acqusition Cost + Any Other Costs

Thanks
  • Options
    lurchttu:

Thanks for sharing your information. I don't know how competitive dealers are in Dallas, but based on my research in SoCal the invoice for this car is around $31,700. You should try to go for $500 below invoice. See other posts where people have got deals with Navigation for $32,700, so your car should certainly be cheaper than that.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Mine is 2008 IS 250 with premium package, Bi-Xenon headlights, XM radio, and navigation. MSRP around 38,800. Bought it for 32,700 at Tustin Lexus, CA. OTP price is 35,608.
  • Options
    How was your overall experience in dealing with Tustin? Can you email me the name of your sales person. Also can you give the exact break-up of other costs like acqusition cost, financing fee, etc.

Thanks
  • Options
    nmb333nmb333 Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased an IS350 from Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. MSRP = $42654 Paid $37000 about $500 under invoice. Hope that this helps someone out.
  • Options
    It was hard. It took me awhile before they agreed w/ 32700. The person who sold the car to me was Jake Webber. There's another sales person. His name is Ted Chaplin. In my opinion, he's more easy to deal with. In addition to sale tax, you also have to pay documentation fee, DMV fee, and rubber fee. My is 250 does not have chrome wheels. I've just met a person who just bought his is 250 at Lexus of Torrance. He paid only 33000 for his is 250 w/ nav, premier package, HD headlight, XM radio, and chrome wheels.
  • Options
    jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113
    That's high. You should be able to get them to go below $32,000 without much trouble. Push for $31,500 or even lower.
  • Options
    jezmiajezmia Member Posts: 36
    hi, I wanted to get an estimated maintenance cost for a lexus IS250, I am considering leasing this car on a 24 month lease 15k miles. Can you please let me know all the maintenance cost I should expect to pay over the 2 year lease. The only thing I've been told is that I should change the oil every 5k and that should be $50. What about the brakes, and tires? how often should I expect to change it and aprox cost. thanks!!!!!!!
  • Options
    reversebiasreversebias Member Posts: 1
    As hscbcc said:

"No, I haven't got the car yet!!! The bastards sold the first one to someone else, even after I paid Fleetrates. My advice is do not pay until you get an invoice from Fleetrates that shows the VIN# and be sure to phone the dealership to confirm that they are saving that specfic auto for you and most importantly that they have the MSO at the dealership. I had to wait another 2 weeks for the MSO to arrive for the second car that they ordered for me. I hopefully should see my car in the next two weeks because I confirmed that Fleetrates has got the MSO from the dealer and sent it to the shipping Company. I'm at the stage of having to deal with the shipping Company which actually makes me feel better that it is out of the hands of Fleetrates. Fleetrates is quick to make a sale but very poor on follow up, I had to phone them every several days because they would say they were going to do something like send me information or documents but they never did until I reminded them. They just don't care about the customer after they have made the sale and really don't care after they have your money.It will likely be 2 months before I get the car I paid for way to ealier because I trusted the Fleetrates agent who told me he had a dealer trade arranged which turned out not to be true. My mistake was paying early in the process when they asked for the money without giving me a cofirmed invoice. I'm definitely pissed at Fleetrates and have good reason. I will get the car eventully, hopefully before the 2009 are on the market !!!!!!"

This exact thing is happening to me right now. The first car was sold to a higher bidder, no clue what happened to the second car, and now I'm on the "third" car deal. I phone about 2-3 times a day, send emails, and still no information even after they said they would send it. At this stage I'm not even sure if I will get my car even after I have fully paid for it, and now shipping is almost twice as much as originally quoted cause it is supposedly coming from the opposite side of the country. If you have not paid them anything yet, do yourself a favor and deal directly with a dealership instead of these guys.

It sounds like both Americans and Canadians are getting screwed by this company.
  • Options
    groupkellygroupkelly Member Posts: 4
    WARNING WARNING

DO NOT SIGN FOR THE VEHICLE UNTIL YOU HAVE WASHED AND INSPECTED EVERY INCH. If you sign, and put pending inspection on the car, it means nothing... Soooo, make the shipper wait while you inspect it because once you sign for it, you have abosolutely no recourse.

I actually found Fleetrates pretty good to deal with, but these things can take time to ship into Canada.
  • Options
    rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone have experience in buying a 2008 IS 250 AWD in Iowa?

I am looking at leasing one with:
    1. NAV
    2. Premium Package
    3. Luxury

I am interested in which dealers seem to have the best prices and any info on lowest price deals you have seen. Also, lease information.

Thanks
  • Options
    gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_man

I'm back again for some help on the purchase of an IS250. Have been looking at it for a while and wanted certain color and features. So far it has been a problem for some strange reason, and I have heard all kinds of "STUFF" from the dealer as to the reason. (SOUTH FLORIDA AREA)

Looking for an AUTO Trans with RWD
    Only want the WHITE (starfire pearl) and Cashmere Interior also must have a Navigation because I want to have the Bluetooth for the phone. Would like the Luxury package, but it seems that this package only exists in the brochure and not in real life,
    So instead To get the Navigation also comes with Premium Package, 18" Alloy wheels, High HDD lights, Spoiler, and i-pod interface.

Bottom line is I cant get to the bottom of why there are very few WHITE with BEIGE INTERIOR and NAVIGATION available.
    Only now has the dealer finally agreed to a fair deal, as they have stayed tough for quite awhile.

So has Lexus just come out with some type of dealer incentive? would seem that way to me
    gwarrenfl
  • Options
    irisheyes44irisheyes44 Member Posts: 15
    Are their going to be any incentives on interest rates, Infinity and BMW have great interest rates up to 5 years? What's a good deal? I have been talking to 3 different dealers and the money added on tothe invoice has been 0 to 400.00 dollars on a 40,000 car. Are their any better deals in the New York City area?
  • Options
    jezmiajezmia Member Posts: 36
    I got a really good deal and the sales person was super nice and not pusshy at all, he gave me the best deal up front. This is at the JM dealer, if you want the name of the sales person send me a private message.
  • Options
    mayankagmayankag Member Posts: 5
    Hi ksilver2000,

I also want pretty much the same car as you have bought, but without the platinum warranty. How much extra did u pay for the warranty?

Also, which all dealers did u go to in the bay area? I'm in San Jose.. where did u buy your car from?

Also, if anyone has any idea as what is the best price in this area for IS250 with:

Premium Plus package
    Navigation
    18" wheels
    HID lights
    Preferred accessory package (trunk mat, wheel locks, cargo net)

Whats the price without TTL?

Thanks so much..
  • Options
    gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Jezmia,
    I can't send you a private message your email is listed as private under your profile. Anyway I have been working with a salesperson at JM already, and they have just come down to a price they ALMOST meets what other dealers have offered me already. I didn't want to shop out of the area, but had no choice as My salesperson at JM was not reasonable or negotiable at first.
    I am interested in knowing what your final deal was
    MSRP and actual selling price also did they hit you with a $700 Dealer fee?
  • Options
    ajfinoakajfinoak Member Posts: 58
    ksilver2000
    I paid 32,800 plus TTL for that car without extended warranty at Colliseum Lexus in Oakland at the end of 11/07. They were good to deal with.
  • Options
    supa2001supa2001 Member Posts: 18
    Hello
    Can I get the sale's name please?
    Thanks
  • Options
    thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I also reside in Houston. What dealer that you purchase with?
  • Options
    rbglobalrbglobal Member Posts: 1
    hey bongbee, i love your deal and would it be too much for you to send me a list of all your options so i can get the same car for the same price? i live in florida.. thanks ron
  • Options
    xraymanrrxraymanrr Member Posts: 34
    I just purchased a 2008 IS 250 AWD in silver with black interior with premium package ,HID headlamps,& Z1 package(trunk mat,wheel locks, & trunk net). The MSRP is $36,885.
    I obtained internet pricing from all dealers in a 2 hour radius. This included eastern PA, Delaware, & all of NJ(~17 dealers). Prices varied from a low of $32,756(dealer claimed it was invoce price) at Lawrenceville,NJ to a high of ~$35,000. The average price was in the $33,300 - $33,500 range.
    I ended up paying a little more than invoice($189) for 2 reasons. Lowest price dealer was out of state and I would have to pay $75 to get a PA state inpection sticker elsewhere . Also out of state dealer could not do my yearly state inspections, therefore I could not get pick of my lexus at my home for this service and would have to drop off the car elsewhere(25 mile travel/45 minute drive out of my way to get a loaner). In any event I paid $114 more than my lowest price and the local dealer I choose will be able to pick up my car at my home for all services. I paid $32,947 at Wilkie lexus in haverford , PA. I had to negotiaite to get them to this price. There first offer was $33,500.
    Another local dealer in Doylestown, PA was willing to match my best price at invoice. However they did not have my color scheme and did not have this car coming in. They told me for them to get this car from another dealer it would cost them about $500. Therefore, if you want bargain basement prices the dealer must have the car in stock or have it coming in soon.
    So far no problems with car!
  • Options
    pcampospcampos Member Posts: 12
    I'm currently in the process of negotiating a deal for a new 2008 IS 250 AWD. The dealer wants to charge me for the following options:

High Intensity Headlamps
    Rear Lip Spoiler
    Preferred Accessory Package (this seems to be a fishnet in the trunk and some upgraded floor mats or something)
    Rear Bumper Applique

The headlamps aren't an issue as their invoice price is listed at Edmunds TMV. Edmunds also lists the spoiler but gives no price for it (the dealership wants to charge $355). The other two items aren't listed as options on the Edmunds TMV analysis page.

Questions:

(1) How should I price the invoice for the spoiler? Just use the same discount percentage that applies to the headlamps?

(2) The preferred accessories package and the applique sound like dealer bs to me. They're trying to charge $210 for the first and $69 for the second.

BTW I've got them down to about 2% over invoice but I'm almost sure they'll go lower by the end of the week/quarter.
  • Options
    yacamocayacamoca Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking at leasing a IS250 RWD 6spd Manual transmission, and I currently live in SoCal near LA. The closest dealership to me would be Longo in El Monte, and i'm wondering about lease prices for a IS250 with base package, 18" alloys, HID, and Preferred Acessory Package. The total comes to be $33,204, and we plan to give a down payment of around $6000. The salesman told us this would cost us around $315 a month for a 48month 12k plan. Does that seem about right? Or am I getting ripped?
  • Options
    pcampospcampos Member Posts: 12
    "I'm looking at leasing a IS250 RWD 6spd Manual transmission, and I currently live in SoCal near LA. The closest dealership to me would be Longo in El Monte, and i'm wondering about lease prices for a IS250 with base package, 18" alloys, HID, and Preferred Acessory Package. The total comes to be $33,204, and we plan to give a down payment of around $6000. The salesman told us this would cost us around $315 a month for a 48month 12k plan. Does that seem about right? Or am I getting ripped? "

Well you're paying MSRP for a vehicle that the average buyer is getting for about $3500 less (check the TMV pricing page).
  • Options
    hcireelhcireel Member Posts: 2
    This deal sounds very fishy to me, I would defiantly not sign this lease it sounds like a rip off. I need a few more details, what kind of money factor and residual are they giving you on a 48 mo lease for 12k miles. Also if possible find out the money factor and residual for a 36 mo lease. I know that for example on a 36 mo lease the money factor is amazing for the IS only .0002 for tier 1 credit.

Personally I would never do a lease that is over 36 mos and I wouldn't put down $6,000 on a lease. But if you give me the details I'll run the numbers and check out the deal. But DO NOT sign this lease as is. You should be able to get a much better deal but I need to know the numbers first.
  • Options
    yacamocayacamoca Member Posts: 8
    Woops, too late, hahaha. I ended up leasing a 08 IS250 RWD Manual for 36mo/12k miles. Payed $2000 down payment, the Gross Capitalized Cost was $29,083, the Residual Value is $18,983.28 . I don't know what the money factor is, should it be on some paper? I think the MF was .00175, but i'm not quite sure on that. The monthly payment for the car is set at $350/month