Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tn2007tn2007 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Could you send me the contact information of the sale person at Tustin Lexus, CA?

Thanks,
    TN.
  • Options
    vincesavincesa Member Posts: 1
    I live in San Antonio, TX and was quoted $39,000 OTD for an IS250 with premium package, nav,18in alloy wheels, HID headlamps, rear lip spoiler, preferred accessory package and window tint. Is this a good price for this area or should I keep on looking. Any info would be appreciated
  • Options
    hitravellerhitraveller Member Posts: 2
    Way to high. If possible, please speak with the folks at Fleetrates.com or Lexus Of Kendall in Miami.
  • Options
    mannydiesmannydies Member Posts: 8
    Fleetrates.com are such scam artists!!! VERY VERY :shades:
  • Options
    fisearchfisearch Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys,

I just posted this message to another message topic and thought it should probably go here too.

This message board has been helpful to me in the past. I just purchased a lexus IS 250 without NAV.

MSRP $35,651
    Purchase Price 31,000 + 299 for Sirius Sat and 600 Bank Fee.

Money Factor .1850
    residual 58%
    36month/ 12k miles
    Drive off Approx. $768
    Monthly payment approx. $443

Bought the vehicle in Southern California.
    If you guys want to know the dealership and person who sold it to me, let me know. The 2nd best price I was quoted for a lease in SoCal was about 459 and the rest were over 500 per mongh.

I hope this helps and happy shopping!
  • Options
    carguy4321carguy4321 Member Posts: 5
    Hey hscbcc,

I'm also a Canadian, and about to do the same with fleetrates.com. They asked me to wire the money to Automotive Consultants of Hollywood, LLC, the parent company of fleetrates.com.

Had you got your car yet?
  • Options
    hscbcchscbcc Member Posts: 3
    No, I haven't got the car yet!!! The bastards sold the first one to someone else, even after I paid Fleetrates. My advice is do not pay until you get an invoice from Fleetrates that shows the VIN# and be sure to phone the dealership to confirm that they are saving that specfic auto for you and most importantly that they have the MSO at the dealership. I had to wait another 2 weeks for the MSO to arrive for the second car that they ordered for me. I hopefully should see my car in the next two weeks because I confirmed that Fleetrates has got the MSO from the dealer and sent it to the shipping Company. I'm at the stage of having to deal with the shipping Company which actually makes me feel better that it is out of the hands of Fleetrates. Fleetrates is quick to make a sale but very poor on follow up, I had to phone them every several days because they would say they were going to do something like send me information or documents but they never did until I reminded them. They just don't care about the customer after they have made the sale and really don't care after they have your money.It will likely be 2 months before I get the car I paid for way to ealier because I trusted the Fleetrates agent who told me he had a dealer trade arranged which turned out not to be true. My mistake was paying early in the process when they asked for the money without giving me a cofirmed invoice. I'm definitely pissed at Fleetrates and have good reason. I will get the car eventully, hopefully before the 2009 are on the market !!!!!!
  • Options
    tn2007tn2007 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Joe (5150),
    Could you send me the contact information of the sale person at Tustin Lexus, CA?
    I'm also looking at the 2008 IS350. You got a great deal there. My email address is thongxnguyen@gmail.com

Thanks,
    TN.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, I went down the same path. I paid a $1000 deposit, and waited 4 weeks for the VIN #. Now they want me to wire the balance to their account, but instead I will send them a bank draft, by registered mail. I am also planning to use AA auto for the transport (1,600USD).

Since car leadership won't sale new car to Canadian, this probably is a reasonable deal through fleetrates: 41,400USD for a 2008 Lexus RX350 4WD with Premium pkg & Nav. The dealer invoce is about 40K. I am sure US residence can better this deal.
  • Options
    communiquetercommuniqueter Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am one of the plethora of Canadians wanting to buy from a U.S. Dealership because of the wide discrepancy in pricing (ie. 250 or 350 is $7-11k less expensive in U.S.). Toyota/Lexus dealers will not sell a new vehicle to Canadian residents; therefore, I am looking for a low mileage IS250 AWD. It would help my decision making if someone can tell me whether there are any appreciable differences between the three model years that are available?

There are a couple of extremely low mileage (<1,000 miles) vehicles out there, one of them is an 06 IS250 AWD with, apparently, every conceivable option. The dealer is asking $37.9k. It is not my favourite colour; however, if it was available on December 26th (as recommended by someone on this forum as great time to buy) I would make an offer. How low could I reasonably go?

I live on the border in Ontario; if anyone has any dealer recommendations I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
  • Options
    The invoice price for a new 2008 IS250 auto RWD with Lux Pkg and nav is only 39,265USD. Since, you are doing all the paper work to import the car from the US, you might as well import a new car for a few more loonies, using a third party. I can't really recommend fleetrates.com, as they continue to test my patient; then again, given the current anti-competition and discriminatory practice from US car dealership on new car, fleetrates.com is the lesser of the two evils.
  • Options
    russianmayarussianmaya Member Posts: 3
    I received this quote from another dealership can you beat it?
    2008 cars
    IS250 with navigation includes premium package
    18" wheels
    HID Head Lights
    Climate control seats (Cool and Heated)
    13 speaker/ 6CD Changer/Ipod audio system
    Back up Camera
    Bluetooth Hands free Phone System
    MSRP $38,214 Selling price $33,708

IS250 will be $478.22 tax included with no down payment just 1st payment and license.

Am i getting a good deal on it? 36 month lease 10K a year.
  • Options
    communiquetercommuniqueter Member Posts: 4
    Thanks carguy. Fleetrates doesn't give me confidence. I tend to keep my vehicles for 8-10 years; therefore, if there weren't significant changes in the model years, I would go for the older model and negotiate a better price because depreciation would not be a big hit for me.

I will wait until the latter part of December, then make a low offer; if they accept, terrific, if not I am quite content to drive my old beater for a while longer.
  • Options
    mizzou2mizzou2 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me the name of the dealership that you are purchasing your is 250 awd with HID, and Premium for 33,000 + TTL. I also live in VA and would like to purchase the same car.

Thank you so much for your help.
  • Options
    docgarydocgary Member Posts: 17
    If this is a REAL deal, then its the deal of the year!

The MSRP of a 2008 AWD IS250 with only premium package, HID, no nav
    in the largest dealership in N J is $36,894!! - invoice is 32,000.

The above works out to $460/mth incl tax.....no DP etc

So, your deal - $18 more per month, is a steal!!
  • Options
    docgarydocgary Member Posts: 17
    2168 of 2171 IS 250 2008 A, I getting a good deal by russianmaya Nov 20, 2007 (11:07 am) Save | Reply
    Total Posts: 3

I received this quote from another dealership can you beat it?
    2008 cars
    IS250 with navigation includes premium package
    18" wheels
    HID Head Lights
    Climate control seats (Cool and Heated)
    13 speaker/ 6CD Changer/Ipod audio system
    Back up Camera
    Bluetooth Hands free Phone System
    MSRP $38,214 Selling price $33,708

IS250 will be $478.22 tax included with no down payment just 1st payment and license.

Am i getting a good deal on it? 36 month lease 10K a year.
    Replying to: russianmaya (Nov 20, 2007 11:07 am)

The above IS250 AWD has a MSRP of $34000 -
    you add $3990 the nav/bluetooth/camera package,
    $850 for premium package and $825 for HID ...

total - around $39,000 - if your price is $33,700, you got
    $5000 + off the MSRP - my guess its around or below invoice.

The MSRP of my 2008 AWD IS250 with only premium package, HID, no nav
    in the largest dealership in N J is $36,894!! - my buying price -$32881(invoice ?$33K)

The above works out to $460/month with tax.....no DP etc

assuming .00185 and 58% residual, you have $478/month with tax.

So, your deal - $18 more per month, ~$1000 more price paid and 10k miles
    to my 12k/yr.....works out good!

Looking at this now, I beleive we both good a good deal but not

THE DEAL OF THE YEAR!

ENJOY
    DOCGARY
  • Options
    hannoushannous Member Posts: 24
    Hi all,
    Just bought my 2008 IS 250 AWD with HID and Premium package (including the upgraded heated/ventilated seats). Final price OTD was $34,854. Take out $300 for TTL, 5% for taxes(MD) and I paid $32,908.57.

Extremely happy with my deal. I had been looking at the '08 Accord and was getting only about $800 - 1000 off of MSRP from the Honda dealerships. My dad finally said to look at the Lexus and man, was he right. We went in, test drove it, haggled for about 20 minutes and then agreed on the price. Gave them my 2000 BMW, they gave me $7,500 for my car and I'm only paying $27,354...Basically, I am paying $2,000 to go from the Accord EX-L V-6 with Navigation, to the Lexus without Navigation (buying the Garmin navigation from Best Buy tomorrow). :)

Couldn't be happier right now. Oh, they also offered me a half point lower on my financing. :):):):)
    GO LEXUS!!!
  • Options
    juicciejuiccie Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I stumbled upon this site after some researching. I was wondering if anyone has bought a car from fleetrates.com? Any bad/ good exps? Did you get your car? Any advice?

We are looking to get a new 2008 is250 awd imported to Canada, do you know how long this would take? Also, i would have to arrange shipping to my destination, correct? Would the car be stopped @ the border? I apologize for all the questions, but we have never bought a car from the states, so not quite sure how to deal with this matter, nor from the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! =)
  • Options
    eddy08eddy08 Member Posts: 8
    where did you buy the car and can you give me the salesman name/ #. Did you get drive out price for $34,854? that's already including TTL? or not yet?

i was quoted $35,000 drive out for IS250 08 model with premium package( ventilated heated seat) but still think thats high.

thks
  • Options
    Hi Eddy08,
    I bought the car from Lexus of Towson in Towson, MD. The $34,854 was my total, out the door price (inclusive of taxes, title, etc). I'm hesitant to give you the salesman's name because there's this red writing here that says not to post the names of salespeople, telephone numbers, e-mail or other contact info. But the dealership was Lexus of Towson, for what it's worth.

Does your $35k drive out price include the HID xenon lights and TTL? I was happy with our deal. When we initially sat down they offered me $5700 for my Beamer, "discounted" the car and said they would sell it to me for $34k (after deducting the value of my car). My father said we'll pay $26k for the car. The salesman acted appalled for a while, then we finally agreed on $27,300 with the manager and the salesman. The final $54 was because the tags on my old car were expiring in a year (and had to be sawed off because of the rust :-) )

When it was all said and done, they backed into the price of the car by adding $27,354 + increasing the value of my car to the price they wanted to write on the paper. It didn't matter to me because all I was paying was the $27k. They could have valued my car at a million dollars for all I cared. It was a 2000 323i with 76k miles in stick shift. I missed my old car for about 30 seconds, till I pressed the button to start the ignition on my new car.
  • Options
    thks for the infos. can you email his name/# to angell8@hotmail.com. I really hate dealling with salesman. Got bad experience recently cause they're so rude when it came down to dealing. That's why i rather do it over the internet. I felt it's a waste of time that they make you wait, pretending to talk to their manager...etc... but anyhow, thks .....

thks....
  • Options
    ajfinoakajfinoak Member Posts: 58
    I got a great deal at Colliseum Lexus in Oakland on an '08 IS 250 with Premium, HID and Nav for 32.8K plus T & L. Were very easy folks to deal with and I highly recc them. Had returned an '06 BMW 325 under the Lemon Law. Loved driving and handling of that car when it was not in the shop but did not want to chance another. Thought about an IS 350 for the speed but not worth 4-5K more since not much opportunity to open it up on Bay Area roads.
  • Options
    jvalhajvalha Member Posts: 18
    I've just got to say that I freaking love my IS350. Super fast and luxurious. My only wish was that it had programmable seats and a proximity sensor alarm.
  • Options
    Did you get adaptive front lighting system with that and what's the tax in Cali? total drive out price?
  • Options
    ajfinoakajfinoak Member Posts: 58
    Yes, I did get the adaptive front lighting. Tax rate varies throughout CA; Oakland is ridiculously high at 8.5%. My OTD was a few bucks over 36K.
  • Options
    bigesmalls21bigesmalls21 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all -

I have used the forums in connection with my recent lease and hope this can be helpful - got this in NJ:

IS 250 AWD
    Lease for 36 months/12k year
    Luxury package with navigation
    $1471 due at closing, $455/month

I went to two other dealerships in NJ with this price, both of which refused to beat it (or match it).

Thanks for your help...Feel free to drop a line with any questions.
  • Options
    md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hi bigesmalls21,
    Sounds like a really good deal (probably more than $5000 below MSRP)! Can you provide a few more details of your deal? What was the original MSRP and the final negotiated selling price / capitalized cost (before tax, tags, license & CCR)? What is the residual % and money factor? Was this a 2007 or 2008 model? I'm looking for the same model (luxury plus nav), did you find many cars with this equipment, so that you had a good choice of exterior / interior color combinations? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

MD
  • Options
    Hey md_outback-

The vehicle is a 2008. Silver ext/Black interior. From what I understand this is a popular color combination so every dealer I went to had it in stock, and they all had it with the Nav. MSRP on the vehicle was $39,444. Cap cost was $34,458 (based on the pricing on edmunds, I think this is just under invoice). The $1,471 due at closing was 1st month's payment, a $600 acquisition fee, and the remainder was title and doc fees.

Let me know if you need anymore info. Good luck -
  • Options
    revoapparelrevoapparel Member Posts: 3
    hey russianmayan,

I am in the market to buy a new IS 250, unfortunately, I live in Richmond where there is only 1 Lexus dealership and it seems to be a monopoly around here. I was wondering if you could give me your dealer's contact information so that I can get a better deal than what I am getting here. You can email me at slickdealss1@gmail.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    hey

I am in the market to buy a new IS 250, unfortunately, I live in Richmond where there is only 1 Lexus dealership and it seems to be a monopoly around here. I was wondering if you could give me your dealer's contact information so that I can get a better deal than what I am getting here. You can email me at slickdealss1@gmail.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi,

That's an awesome deal! I would very much appreciate it if you could email me the contact info of your rep from the dealer to slickdealss1@gmail.com.

thanks!
  • Options
    nrossnross Member Posts: 13
    Thats a great deal. Curious where you found it. I am currently waiting for a new inbound IS 250 AWD in NJ. No one had this car with a luxury package. Even with or without nav. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Even the Lexus.com web site won't let you build the this way. I currently have a 2006 IS 250 AWD with the park assist option, and my lease is expiring. Hate to give up this option, but can I can only find it on the 350's. I am looking at A IS 250 AWD with premium package and Xenon's for about $460/month plus inception fees 36 months 10K miles per year. Any help on the location is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    In that catch all "inception fees" phrase is a $600 bank fee for a Lexus Financial services lease. Almost every dealer quotes this. In this Sunday's New York Times, Lexus of Englewood NJ ran an ad that deleted this fee and the total due at lease signing was exactly $600 less than normal. Is this a mistake? Should this "fee" be negotiated out on the current "Dec. to Remember" leases" or what? Just curious if anyone out there has any information on this as I am currently waiting for delivery of a 2008 IS 250 AWD in NJ. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    kodi4kodi4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All!

Is it worth buying an IS 250 inspite of all the maintenance costs like the tires, brake pads, rotors and all others?

I just want to buy a car with nothing or less to worry about paying for unexpected costs.

I do love the design of the IS and all.

I am just not completely sure about it.
  • Options
    I have a 2006 IS 250 AWD. I have leased it since Nov. '05. It has 19k miles on it and it has been absolutely perfect since day one. Not one single defect or problem what-so-ever. Zero! If you are buying a Lexus, assume you will take care of it properly. Have it serviced regularly, and pay for it. I have not needed any tires, brake pads or rotors. The tires still have half their tread life left. Another manufacturer may give "free maintenance", but I don't believe that includes tires anyway. Really the maintenance is not free, your paying for it up front. I'd rather have a more reliable car. I'm too busy to have to go back and forth to fix problems over and over. If you want the Lexus and can afford the maintenance, buy it. If you can afford the car, but not the maintenance, then don't. good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    kodi4kodi4 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot nross. I am glad your car is in good condition. It's just that I've heard a lot of complaints about the problems and all. Anyway I am planning to buy at the end of the month. Hopefully it all goes well.
  • Options
    smashingovismashingovi Member Posts: 1
    First thanks to all the posters for all the information you provide on the deals that you have been getting.

I found a non-Lexus dealer with a used 2007 AWD IS 250 with just over 3K in miles.
    Options were Navigation, Wood Trim, and the Luxury Package. They were asking just under $37,000.

I told them that they were asking way too much and that I couldn't see how I could pay more than invoice on a used car and countered with $32,000. They said you are correct we are too far apart at that was the end of the negotiations.

According to Edmunds with these options invoice would be $34,460. I didn't include the destination charge of $765 in my calculation since we are talking about a used car. Was my offer completely off base or is it a case of the this dealership just having too much invested in the car to let it go for this price?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks again
  • Options
    Thanks. I got it at Prestige which I believe is in Ramsey (or somewhere up there). They were by far the lowest priced dealer I visited, and I went to three others in North Jersey - most of which were surprised by that price.

Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    yuk8888yuk8888 Member Posts: 16
    I am interested in buying is250 awd with the HID headlamp. I am in the D.C./MD area, any advice for the pricing or dealership that I should go to?
  • Options
    Yuk8888,
    I live in Rockville and bought my '08 IS 250 AWD with Lux and HID at Lexus of Towson for a final price Out The Door of $34,854.

I went to Lexus of Rockville, they were super nice. Never got into talking prices with them though. When I went to Lexus of Towson they had the car on the lot in the color combo I wanted and we made the deal that night.
  • Options
    Hi Hannous,
    I saw your post. I called Towson MD. The salesman sounds very rude. He insisted me to go in to see him instead of giving me the price. I was thinking why I need to do so if he can give me the price on the phone and I can just go to pick up the car right away if he can meet my target price. Maybe I was acting like a jerk too. Anyhow, another dealer is giving me the OTD $34900 deal. Do you think it's good?
  • Options
    Hi hannous,
    I live in the same general area and I'm also looking for the same vehicle. What was the MSRP on yours and what was the negotiated selling price (before taxes & fees)? What color exterior & interior did you get? Thanks for the info.

MD
  • Options
    Really? I guess salesmen are hit or miss. The guy I dealt with was very nice, funny and seemed to have a good time throughout the whole thing. Even during the negotiations. He was demonstrative and acted surprised/appalled by our offer, etc but that's normal. He was fun to deal with. His manager was cool too.

Since your $34,900 is basically the same price I got I would consider it a good deal, depending on the options. I have the upgraded seats that come with the lux package and the HID lights. My color combo was the charcoal Mica grey metalic with the grey leather interior with black leather highlights and the wood trim...Very happy with it. It was my first choice color combo and they had it in stock.
  • Options
    Hey MD,
    I'll have to check my file at home. I only know the bottom line number off the top of my head $34,854 and what I'm paying ($27,354). They valued my trade in at $7,500 which was $500 more than the next best offer I had on it. Although, their first offer on my car was $5,700 which was $850 lower than my other lowest offer.
    What we told them was that we would give them my beamer and $26k. They countered with Beamer and $28k. We offered $27k, they said $27.5 and we settled on $27,300. Final $54 was for the tags when they discovered they had to saw my old tags off of my old car, so I got new tags.
  • Options
    What's the reason you go up to Towson at the first place? You live closed to the belt area right? Lexus of Rockville/SliverSpring should be some of your choices right?
    Why you didn't go there?
  • Options
    Hi Yuk8888,
    Yes, I live in Rockville, only about 5 minutes from Lexus of Rockville.
    I went to Lexus of Rockville initially. Test drove the vehicle, liked it, decided I was going to buy it. I had an absolutely fantastic experience there. Salesman was super nice, very friendly, etc. Never really spoke about actual prices with him, but I'm sure he'd of given me a great deal. This was Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
    On Wednesday I went to Towson for the Thanksgiving weekend (my family is from there). On wednesday night I took my fiancee to the Lexus of Towson so that she could test drive the car (she couldn't make it on Tuesday at Lexus of Rockville). My dad, who absolutely LOVES car shopping, practically begged to come with us. I had done the research on the car, new what price I wanted. Lexus of Towson had the exact color combo I wanted on the lot. Got a good vibe from the salesman and a great price (in my mind) and the rest, as they say, is history.
  • Options
    pdxrainpdxrain Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have experience buying a lexus in Portland, Oregon? Only 1 dealership here. Looking for a 3 yr lease 12k miles on a IS250AWD, luxury pkg, nav for a msrp around 40k. What should the cap cost be on that approx msrp. I see some of the MF and residuals already posted so I can get that. 00175 and 58%. Would love to hear some experience out here if possible. Thanks.
  • Options
    I'm in the process just doing that, importing a car to Canada using fleetrates.com. I haven't got my car yet, but this is what I've done so far. Fleetrate secured the car 3 weeks after I paid $1000 deposit. I wired the balance once, they faxed me the VIN#. It took another 3 weeks to get MSL. Now I am in the final step of arranging transport, and I am using aa-auto, it costs $1600 to ship to a bonded warehouse in sourthern Ont; and that would take another 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Hi MD,
    I checked the sales slip:

MSRP - $36,785

Purchase Price was $32,903.81
    Dealer Processing Charge - $100
    Tax - $1,650.19
    TTL - $200
    Total Price Paid - $34,854
  • Options
    Hey hannous,
    Tanks for the info and enjoy your new Lexus.

MD