Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    evd123evd123 Member Posts: 5
    Please help! I signed a deal yesterday but I am second guessing myself now -they are finding me the color I want.

'07 250 AWD w Nav
    $39.3 MSRP - salesman said he was giving me the car $300 over invoice.

MF - .00175
    Res - 53%

$3100 out of pocket including all fees
    $479 including tax

should i renegotiate? Is that possiable after I signed while waiting? If so what do you think I should negotiate to?
  • Options
    savingmonysavingmony Member Posts: 5
    Tell them to show you how they came up with these numbers. It seems that 3k down is a bit much out of pocket.
    If you see previous post other members are getting a better rate and higher Residual percentage, also how many months and miles? Is your credit ok? these are are the things you need to consider. I think that's a bit much out of pocket. but that just my opinion.
  • Options
    I have tier 1 credit - its a 12k mile/39 month lease. Any suggestions on how I approach this now? what should i be expecting to pay. I have already given $500 deposit yesterday.
  • Options
    I thought tier 1 was .00165 and 56% residual I don't know how much of a difference that would make but I'm pretty sure some. You need to get the numbers from these guys and punch them up on the Edmunds lease calculator and see what you get. Because if I'm correct the MSRP is 34K I don't know what invoice is, but say 34k is invoice (which its not) your getting it 300 above invoice that would put you at 34300 and your giving 3100 out of pocket take 1k for tax,payment,etc.. and about 2100 cap cost reduction so that would put the car at 32200. Maybe someone else has some input about this that would know this better than me.
    as to the deposit don't sweat it, tell them you want it back to reconsider the deal. They do that deposit crap so you feel obligated to them. Don't get caught up in feeling like your doing them a favor, they need you way more than you need them. thats just my 2 cents. Also if you look at a few previous postings you will see that a few members got better deals on the AWD w/Nav. and were in the supposed summer sales event.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of you input - I really appreciate it!! The guy was throwing so many numbers at me - and many of them did include the residual of 56%. I will have to certainly question why this did not. I again thank you!!
  • Options
    mrhupmobilemrhupmobile Member Posts: 10
    Sale price: $38900

36mo/12k one pay incl. all taxes,etc: $19416.36

Lux + pkg w/18's--nav--park asst--headlight washers--cargo net/wheel locks,etc. pkg--rear spoiler Tungsten Pearl/Blk

Another dealer called too late w/$19200.

Wife, & I, believe we got a very good deal....for once. :)

Will be listing wife's excellent original one owner 2001 GS430 for sale in classifieds this coming week. This is one car you won't want to pass up!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_Man
    Can you or anyone offer an explanation as to why all Lexus IS250's seem to come equipped with the 18" wheels and Summer tires? This seems to be a costly option and would certainly cost even more when they have to be replaced. Maybe I am missing some thing in my understanding of the "Purpose." Or is it simply an additional profit center. There are other options available that would add more luxury to the vehicle like Memory seats, Rain sensing wipers that are not as prevelant?
    G Warren
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,893
    Lexus seems to equip cars according to what region they are sold in..

In the south, big wheels and summer tires (no threat of snow) seem to be very popular. Of course, you may not agree. Lexus (or Toyota) isn't really big on letting customers customize/order their cars.

18" wheels and performance tires give better handling, though often at the expense of ride/comfort.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    shingwongshingwong Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, they are only selling that because they want both a low advertised price and a way to make it up in packages (where the real money is at). If you special order then you can get a "base" model with 17" wheels. Every dealer I talk to told me you have to get premium package, 18" wheels, and Xenon headlights at least.
  • Options
    kyfdx,
    Thank you for response, and please let make sure that I understand you clearly.
    1. The "Summer tires" are better being that I am in South Florida? (meaning that they would last longer etc..)
    2. As far as handling in Florida other than entering or exiting the highway, the roads are straight and flat. So no advantage here.
    3. Comfort/Ride are not as good being these tires are designed for performance not ride.
    4. 18" Wheels offer no advantage such as better MPG it is simply Handling and or Aesthetic?

If this is all fact then if I were ordering a vehicle it would not pay to spend the extra $700+ for this option.
    Would make more sense to include rain sensing wipers or Memory seats, etc.

Gary W
  • Options
    Shingwong,

It appears to me that the wheels are a stand alone option and not part of the Premium package. They are however part of the LT Luxury package but you can also purchase the LL Luxury Package which does not include the 18"Wheels. And of course the LL Package includes the Xenon Headlights and other options like heated seats that I really wouldn't want. Lexus packages really get you.
    Also to get Blue Tooth which I feel is important, you have to take the NAV package which is a $2,550 MSRP.
    OH WELL

Gary W
  • Options
    1) Not necessarily "better". Just that you don't have to worry about snow, as we do farther north.

2) If you don't like going around corners fast, then probably no advantage to you.

3) Absolutely.

4) Handling and aesthetics... you've got it.

I agree... for you.. not a good deal. Most people want them, though.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    Residual: 56%
    MF: 0.00165

This is for Tier 1+ (requires FICO of 730+).
  • Options
    Well? How did it go?
  • Options
    Salesguy is out until wed - I am set to call him tomorrow and he is supposed to tell him how the search is going - i will question the rate/residual with him them. I will let you know how it goes! cross your fingers!!
  • Options
    tradewindstradewinds Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal and my question is - Is a $600 acquisition fee negotiable? Can I bring the money factor down more ?

IS 250 AWD w/Nav, HID, Wood Trim & Accessory Package
    State: Delaware
    MSRP 39122
    Sell PRice $35,578
    MF - .00175
    36 mos/12k
    $480/month
    Out of Pocket- Taxes & Tags - $1023.00, $600 acquisition fee.
  • Options
    ocalaocala Member Posts: 11
    I want to thank Car Man and all of the other insightful people on these forums.

I am now the proud owner of a Black/Black IS 250, non nav, but got the cool looking and sounding dual HSK exhuasts and rear ground effects.
    They threw in the Lexus tinting, got it for 500 over invoice.
    MSRP 37672.
    496/month.
    Wierd MF of 0.00195, Res 56%, 12k miles.
  • Options
    shingwongshingwong Member Posts: 5
    Gary W,

Everything is in theory a standalone option, until you try to look for one without those on the lot. I have talked to every single dealership in SF bay and CarsDirect, and they all tell me it is part of it unless you special order to exclude it.

The catch? They charge a lot more for special order than the ones on the lot, and you will end up paying about the same without those options.

Just ordered an 08 with a different interior color than they normally stock, and all dealers charge about $1k more than the typical price they charge for on the lot 07. I got a quote from one dealer in the central valley CA that is about the current 07 market price, and use that to price match other dealer in the SF Bay Area, 1/2 of them don't respond my email, 2 of them talk back, and only 1 is willing to sell for that price.

If you buy from CarsDirect, their internet sales guy told me it will be about 2000 difference.

-Shing
  • Options
    Shing,
    Thanks for sharing the info with me. You have confirmed what I had thought, but could not confirm elsewhere. East Coast (Florida) seems to have the same systems in place. By the way if you did order the 08 can you tell me how long they "Estimate" it will be for delivery and much over invoice you are being charged?
    Gary W
  • Options
    give'em hell!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    gaganw18gaganw18 Member Posts: 3
    I am out to buy a new IS 250 in Sacramento area. I dont mind travelling to Southern Calif or Bay Area for a better deal. I dont understand the residuals and the lease options but if I financed a new IS250 w/ $5k down & good crdt, what price can I be looking at?

Is it smarter to lease the car and then finance the remaining portion after end of lease term?

What about buying a preowned 2006 IS250, would you recommend the savings possible on this deal.. my auction friend says he can do $26-$27k + taxes/his comm ($600).

Thanks guys! :)
  • Options
    mhanmhan Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Thanks to all who post their info here. For the past year, I've been reading and tracking the prices paid for the is250 rwd. Today (Aug. 31, 2007) Finally bought a Black Sapphire Pearl with cashmere leather loaded (the one with the MSRP of 35,272.00) EXCEPT spoiler and navigation at Lexus of Marin for $33,298.58 OTD. Tax rate where I live in Sacramento, California is 7.75%. Ask for an old gentleman from Hawaii with the initials H.Z. and tell them Max told you about him. E-mail me at mx_hn@yahoo.com if you have questions. Happy hunting for the rest of those others out there. :) ">
  • Options
    lam0279lam0279 Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking at the rwd 07 IS 250 with the summer tire package, HID headlight, cargo net... MSRP around $34,300. The best offer I got is $33,650 OTD. That makes the selling price of the car before tax, ttl... around 31,000. Do you think I can get a better deal than that. I'm in the Atlanta area. BTW, I don't know how you guy get such a great deal on the IS. Thanks
  • Options
    sirius300zx96sirius300zx96 Member Posts: 7
    Guys and Gals,

I'm just wondering if any one of you been able to get this above IS350 deal under 40k out of the door. I know 2008 is coming out already as Lexus website shows. I'm so excited to be getting an IS this year 07 or 08 model that I don't know. Also let me know if one of you only put in mid grade instead of premium that IS250 requires.

Thanks,
    Derek
  • Options
    whawha Member Posts: 3
    I finaly bought the IS250 with navigation, premium plus package and accesorry packet like wheel lock, trunk net and floor mats for $32k at the Tustin Lexus in Irvine. That is $1500 below invoice.

I think that is a pretty good deal. I checked other dealers and the best they can do is $32.5K. The experience was great too.
  • Options
    mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    That's a great price. I got the same car with the addition of XM for $32,500. When did you buy it? Last day of the month of August or this past weekend?
  • Options
    sun5sun5 Member Posts: 2
    What color was your car?

And did you buy at the end of August or this past weekend?
  • Options
    winintlwinintl Member Posts: 1
    I am in the Chicagoland area and have been working with several Lexus Dealers. I'm interested in the IS 250 RWD wihtout Nav, 36 months with 12k. I've received several quotes but the dealership/sales person I prefer to work with is 60 minutes away and won't provide specifics like sales price, money factor, and residual value over the phone. So I'm going there today.

They are pushing me to complete this today to squeeze me into "yesterdays financing offers" and because all the dealerships are telling me that they can't keep the IS 250 in stock. I'm having a difficult time believing this but it is a pretty consistent message from all of the dealers.

This is what they have been willing to tell me so far:
    MSRP: $32, and change
    Sales price: unknown
    Residual: unknown
    Monthly lease payment $516 - all in. It includes taxes and no down payment.

In reading the forums (which are great!), it looks like this is about $50 to $70 too high per month.

Thoughts on this?
  • Options
    flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    Hey Winintl,
    Hope you haven't close the deal yet.
    but it seems to me that you are paying way too much! But again, I don't know how hot the IS250 is in the Chicago market.
    but here is what I got on my deal here in Cali

36Month 15k/year
    IS250 w/ Preminum package MSRP $35222

$2000 drive off, includes TTL fees, and 1st month payment.
    $400 x 35 months = $14000

total = $2000 + $14,000 = $16,000 in 36 months.

Your deal is $516 x 35months, or x 36 months.
    you need to find out. Either way you are paying around $18,000.
    Doesn't seem like a good deal to me at all. You are getting a lesser car, and less milage, but you are paying $2000 more over the period of 36 months.
    no deal!
    But than again, i got my deal in Feb 2007. Not sure how the market is right now.
    I am glad I didn't wait when I saw the deal in Feb.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Taxes are going to be a lot higher in Chicago compared to California..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    higher by more than 12%?
    still doesn't sound right.
  • Options
    Illinois charges tax on the entire selling price... Plus, if they are in the city of Chicago, there is another tax..

I'm not saying that they have a good deal, just that the taxes can be a lot higher in Illinois..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wow..that's crazy.
    and I thought Cali got high tax rate already.
  • Options
    gaganw18gaganw18 Member Posts: 3
    California is not as bad ! :)

**Question: If I lease a brand new car and at the end of term, there are normal things like few parking lot dings, or chips on front bumper from road and so on, do I have to pay for that?

What about tires? What if these 18inch sport tires are almost worn out, do I have to replace them too?

What are we held responsible for other than major modifications to the vehicle under lease terms?

Thanxxxx !
  • Options
    ghanlonghanlon Member Posts: 2
    Tampa FL - 07 Base IS250 MSRP for 34050. signed the deal today for 31500. We pick it tomorrow. :shades:
  • Options
    lam0279lam0279 Member Posts: 9
    31500 is it out of the door price or just the vehicle price + ttl, tax...
  • Options
    whawha Member Posts: 3
    I bought it last weekend 2007 model. The color is silver/black. I think the price for the 2008 is going to be at least 2k more with very little change. I got the color and options I want. I am afraid if I waited too long, I will not get the color and option I want.
  • Options
    ghanlonghanlon Member Posts: 2
    31500, was the vehicle price
  • Options
    007dwb007dwb Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Thanks everyone for the posts...I'm looking for some advice.

What's a reasonable starting point for negotiations for the following: '07 IS250AWD-granite or obsidian, metal/wood trim, luxury pkg, preferred access., mark lev audio, dynamic cruise, parking assist ?

Dealer claims they can get what I want...and started with MSRP of $40.5k. I'm in Chicagoland and looking here as well as WI and IN.

I'm showing an invoice of around $34.5k give or take. Is it reasonable to start with $1k under invoice....or more, or is this not realistic? I just don't know the current trends. I'm looking to buy this month and can wait until the end of the month, if necessary.

Thanks for any insight.
  • Options
    sun5sun5 Member Posts: 2
    This forum has been very helpful to me in purchasing my new 07 IS 250 yesterday...so thank you!

Here are the details:

2007 IS 250 RWD
    Automatic
    Black Sapphire Pearl/Champagne
    Base, no nav
    $30,180 (vehicle price) + TTL
    Dealership will deliver the car at no charge
    South Bay Lexus in Torrance, CA
  • Options
    Additional options being dvd navi + hid w/ afs + 18" alloy w/ summer tires. You can go to lexus.com to configure this and it will come out to 37935.00 right now. One dealer is giving me 36000.00. I have yet to go to other dealer(s). But I bet I can get a better deal than that. This isn't out of door price btw. What do you make of it. I think I'll be getting my IS tomorrow. YESSSS!!!!
  • Options
    actually it's 200 more.
  • Options
    aaron1aaron1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can you give me more details of this? What is the configuration.. ie.. is $32k out the door (which includes tax/fees)?
  • Options
    Fellow IS shoppers,

Just bought the IS. Premium plus Navi, 18" summer and HID AFS for 35.2k even. MSRP is a tad over 38.1k. I also bought lowjack and platinum service? 50,000 miles free service for peace of mind and that's almost another $4500 combine. Hope you can get lower than I paid. Happy IS hunting.

Derek
  • Options
    jjetjjet Member Posts: 10
    Sirius.
    Could you let me know where you purchased the car?
    Thanks,
    JJET
  • Options
    dkim2dkim2 Member Posts: 1
    What do you think about this deal?

Here are the details:
    2007 IS250AWD
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    Wood Trim
    $34900+TTL....which is about $200 above invoice. Only problem is they only have black on black. Should I wait for 2008? btw I am living in MD area..
  • Options
    JJET the bay area redwood city.
  • Options
    solimar170solimar170 Member Posts: 2
    Ive been getting price quotes around the DC and i havent seen a price that low. Where were you offer that and who was the salesperson.
    thanks
  • Options
    I'm assuming it's Washington DC area. So that area pricing might be different compared to Bay Area, Cali. I bought mine at Putnam. In my case, I sent out a bunch of price quote e-mails to a bunch of dealers and one dealer aggressively gave me 35.6k from San Jose Lexus. That was my starting negotiation point. I was able to get 400 more off. The person I dealt with was the director himself on that day, so he was pretty much be all and end all however that saying goes. Anyway, he was able to give me a good price. Since he's the director, he calls the shot unlike regular sales rep. It helps that he was a nice dude too. Lastly, I recommed Coscto buying program. Get the lowest offer you can get from other dealer and then go to designated Lexus dealer to get Costco member price on IS250 or IS350 model. If the Costco member price doesn't beat offer from other Lexus dealers, that Costco Lexus dealer will mostlikely do a price adjustment and beat that the lowest you got by a decent amount. I suggest you print out the offer you receive from other Lexus dealer and bring it to other Lexus dealers to negotiate.
  • Options
    solimar170solimar170 Member Posts: 2
    that sounds like a great deal, when did you purchase it and who was the salesrep.