Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    Does rx350 manufactured in Japan ? confused with the JTJ vin#. i was quoted for rx350, and the vin started like 2T2GK....

should i be aware of anything?
  • krisvkrisv Member Posts: 25
    Most of them manufacture in Canada, however, I was told by one dealer, and then confirmed by another, that the Brandywine Mica color is ONLY manufactured in Japan due to something in the paint that Canada will not allow. I don't know if this is true of other colors as well.
  • env_engrenv_engr Member Posts: 12
    No, color has nothing to do with manufacturing location. Mine is a BreakWater Blue and Manufactured in Japan. I know a few of my friends who have other colors and some have JTJ VIN.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    If the VIN start with 2, then it comes from Canada..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 0zenon00zenon0 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am being offered $33,600 on a 2007 demo RX350 with the premium package, no nav or anything. It has 15K miles on it. You guys think this is a fair price? It is in the New York area. I am a Canadian taking advantage of our strong dollar by buying stateside so this is my first time buying a car in the US.
    Thanks for any help, this thread has been great.
  • tmahmoodiltmahmoodil Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I live in Chicago area and want to buy RX350. Can you please give me the dealer name and sales person contact info. You can email it to tmahmoodil@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tariq
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    I will be test driving the RX 350 this weekend in NJ. If I like the vehicle, I would be interested in leasing over 36 months. I would want AWD with Premium plus luxury package, navigation, 18" wheels. The MSRP is $45,706.

The invoice is probably around $40k or so. What would be a good purchase price? I didn't know if there were any current dealer incentives which they are getting from Lexus corporate. I was reading about people getting below invoice, but there must have been incentives which the dealer was getting.

Thanks so much, any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • ilya1ilya1 Member Posts: 9
    Good purchase price for this vehicle is 40,500-41,000.
    I bought exactly the same configuration in NJ in August for $41,000.
    Ilya.
    Thanks for the response ILya, I appreciate it.
    Does anyone know the October money factor and 3 yr depreciation for the RX 350? I am not sure if its worth waiting for the "December to Remeber" event. The interest rate might be better in December, offset by a slightly worse depreciation. In addition, I don't think there are any current dealer incentives, ie. holdbacks, etc. If there are any, I would greatly appreciate if you can let me know.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • specialk_63specialk_63 Member Posts: 1
    Live in Chicago suburbs; wondering if 35,900 is good price for 2008 ES350 with premium pkg
  • h2_hummerh2_hummer Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, newbie, so be nice.

Buying a 2008 RX350 with Nav, Heated Seats, 7-spoke wheels, Premium Plus, Tow prep, Cargo mat, wheel locks, MSRP=$44,416.

First dealer offer = $41,416 ($3000 off sticker). I know Invoice is $39,133. I am in Raleigh, NC, so only 1 dealer.

Anyplace in nearby states, where I might be able to get a better deal? I see some of you getting close to Invoice.

Thanks for any help.

regards...chris
  • tommyudotommyudo Member Posts: 2
    I paid $40.5k for one at Prestige in Ramsey on 9/20. MSRP was $45,866. Ask for Andrew Floyd.

Regards,

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Did you lease the vehicle or buy? I will be going to Prestige in a few days and will want to lease the same vehicle (MSRP $45,866) for 36 months. If you did lease, I was interested in your total out of pocket at time of lease, and your monthly payment. Did you have a positive experience with Andrew?

Thanks so much.
  • mshettymshetty Member Posts: 1
    Hi, What do think is the is the best price I can get on 2008 RX350
    with the following configuration:

AWD
    Navigation/MarkLevinson Package
    Towing Prep Pkg,
    Rear Seat Entertainment System
    18" Graphite finish alloy wheels
    Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $49086 Coscto Inovoice Price: $43306

I've been reading this forum for a while and see buyers
    who have bought lower than costco invoice. I was wondering
    whats the best I could get in Bay area and how to go about
    negotiating for a good deal?

Please reply. Thanks.
  • com168com168 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for the same configurations for 2008 RX350 in Seattle, WA area and got a quote back from one of the dealers in the region without "MarkLevinson Package."

AWD
    Navigation
    Towing Prep Pkg,
    Rear Seat Entertainment System
    18" Graphite finish alloy wheels
    Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $47,606
    Asking: $44,289

Feeling still being overcharged.

In msg #915, better equipped and paid only $43,000.

Any thoughts?
  • lexsurx350lexsurx350 Member Posts: 2
    I bought at Woodfield Lexus, Schaumburg. I asked the Sales person about posting in internet and asked me not to mention his name atleast until Dec end in any internet site. But i cannot resist infrming another fellow buyer, Well, so here you go : his first and last names start with J. I also bought warrenty so that would have helped them go down further.
    Hope this helps.
    PS: I suggest strongly against Bob Rohrman group's Arlington Lexus. I had a series bad experince here as my wife mentioned, to bring them to invoice price would have costed atleast 10 hours, whereas in woodfield it was like 15 mins, once they understood you are informed buyer.
  • new4rxnew4rx Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am new and in the market for a RX350. Just wondering if I want NAV, do I have to buy the "Voice-activated DVD Navigation System (includes backup camera and Bluetooth® technology with Additional Options" package as list in lexus website, or I can ask dealer to find one just with NAV without other stuff? Do it make sense to buy one without any premium package? thanks.
    Hi new4rx, most RX's are equiped with all those other options. You can order new from the factory with whatever options you want. Keep in mind, the navigation system includes back-up camera, voice activation, and bluetooth.
  • new4rxnew4rx Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware that NAV includes backup camera etc. Actually I real just want the backup camera, but they don't have such option. Anyone know if there is any aftermarket backup camera available for RX? thanks again.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I installed the VR³ wireless backup camera system and it is marginally satisfactory at around $100.00. I regret not getting the OEM version and suggest you consider that option.
    Roadmaster VR³

Pete :(
  • giantsfan2giantsfan2 Member Posts: 6
    HELLO, YES. I PAID 43,000 AND I STILL FEEL I PAY ABOUT 1500 -2000 TOO MUCH FOR THIS WHEN I TALK WITH OTHER BUYERS, ALSO THE CAR THAT I REALLY WANTED WAS A 2 WHEEL DRIVE, NO DVD, NO MARK LEVINSON PACKAGE AND HE QUOTE ME 40,700. I BELIEVE IS CAN GO FOR AROUND 39,000 - 39,500. GOOD LUCK AND ON MY CAR THEY ALSO ADDED A 3M GROSS COVERS ON THE FRONT HOOD TO PROTECT THE BODY AND THEY CLAIM ITS COST IS AT 1,100,???
  • chloe12chloe12 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in purchasing a Lexus RX 350 AWD w/ premium package, towing package, cargo mat, wheel locks, rain-sens wipers, and heated seats. I live in WI, although I am willing to travel. Can anyone tell me the name of the dealer in Illinois that was good to work with? I have been quoted $39.061 for one that listed for $41,796; plus they add the $389 for doc fee and then tax and title in our state.

I would be grateful for any and all help.

Thank you in advance,

Chloe
  • teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    Hi Chloe12,

Sorry, I can't help with dealers in your area.

Just to be clear, the price they quoted was before Tax, Title and License, right?

In that case, the quote seems too high. The invoice appears to be around $36,883 (this includes the $765 destination fee according to the 2007 RX350 on Edmunds.com). I would try to get a lot closer to invoice price - especially if you buy around the end of the month. It appears car sales have slowed down and you can use this to your advantage if you aren't in a rush. If you have many dealers to contact, you can have them compete with one another until you get the best deal.

I am going to be buying a RX350 in about a month. I am going to shoot for invoice (or below if possible). I am not in that big of a rush and I have a feeling the Lexus dealers are hungry!
  • dallasbuyer1dallasbuyer1 Member Posts: 6
    Please advise how much room I have to negotiate the price. Thanks a lot!

Quote from a local dealer:

Premium Package (PM) - $37,290 + TTL
    Leather Trim, Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering with Memory, Illumination Entry System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, 6-disc in-dash CD Auto Changer, Roof Rails, and Roof Rack plus 18” Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Heated Seats, Power Back Door, Wood and Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Cargo Mat, and Wheel Locks

Premium Plus Package (PT+) - $40,490 + TTL
    Leather Trim, Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering with Memory Illumination Entry System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, 6-disc in-dash CD Auto Changer, Roof Rail, and Roof Rack, Power Back Door, High Intensity Headlamps, Wood and Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob plus 18” Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Two-Level Heated Front Seats with Rain-Sensing Wipers, Navigation System with Rear Camera, Cargo Mat, and Wheel Locks
  • dennispdennisp Member Posts: 3
    Longo Lexus(Southern California) quoted me 36,200+TTL for a 2008 RX350 FWD with Premium Package. MSRP is 41,456.

Is this a good price? I'm still waiting for 2 more quotes.
  • iusbiusb Member Posts: 2
    Is it just me or is the price now is higher than July/Aug time frame? I got several quote from SoCal dealers but none of them are as good as ppl bought before (1000/1500 under invoice).
  • jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    I understand automobiles after a certain price rance, has to pay some kind of luxury tax. am i right ? does rx350 fall into that category ? thanks for your reply.

bj.
    I think the luxury tax was repealed, or at least suspended...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gregboslergregbosler Member Posts: 3
    Tariq, I live in Indy and want to buy a RX-350 AWD,,,nobody will deal here...who is best deal in Chicago area ? thanks, GB
    Where do you get hte Costco invoice price ? i livfe in Indy, went on line to COSTCO and they would not quote the RX-350 ? any input on best place to buy in Indiana, CinCinnati, Columbus OH ?>?> thanks, GB
  • carresearch1carresearch1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello folks,

I am planning on leasing a 2008 Rx 350 with nav/heated seats/back up camera/bluetooth etc the MSRP of which is $45,866. I live in the chicago land area, the dealer is ready to give me at 40.5 which seems to a good price (based on this forum).

When I went to buy the vehicle I noticed that the VIN number starts with 2T and not with 'J'. When I asked the dealer, he said, the RX 350 is made in Canada, not in Japan. Is that the case? I am not comfortable buying a vehicle made in Canada V/s Japan. Can anyone help me with this?
    I believe that as of September, 2003 all RX330 and RX350 models sold in North America are being built at Toyota's award-winning plant in Cambridge, Ontario.

Pete :)
    Carresearch, since you have been shopping Chicagoland, can you advise what dealer you found your deal at ? I am Indy and in the hunt. thank you, GB
    Since I am planning on picking up the vehicle the coming week-end, let me finish the deal to make sure the price and lease deal are as committed by the dealer. I will let you know ASAP along with the sales person.
    HI pschiffe,

Thanks for your reply, but I saw the 2007 RX 350 and its VIN number starts with 'J'. Does it mean made in Japan? The dealer did say that for the last 4 years, the RX models have been made in Canada.

So it should not matter whether it is made in Japan or Canada, there should be no compromise on the quality. Is that right? Just wanted to be sure, thats all.
  • asrivastasrivast Member Posts: 8
    I would also be interested in hearing about good expereience on purchasing a lightly used 2007 RX350. (ie price and dealer). I am interested in importing it into Canada.
  • eclassbuyereclassbuyer Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2008 Rx 350 3 months ago with nav/heated seats/back up camera/bluetooth etc the MSRP was $45,866. Ended up paying $40,500 plus taxes.

Long story short, we are now expecting triplets!! We need to trade it in for a mini-van!! Anyone know what I can get for it? Only has 3000miles on it and condition is obviously like new.
  • m3wincm3winc Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am looking for an 2008 Rx350. What color is yours and is it the AWD model? What city are you located in?
  • carjunkie4carjunkie4 Member Posts: 7
    I am in the market for a new rx 350 and living in the delaware Area.
    I am in need of pricing for the following vehicle and any suggestions of a dealer willing to offer a good discount ( I am willing to travel to optain the deal)
    2008 rx 350 awd
    Navigation system/Mark levinson package
    rear seat DVD package
    heated front seats
    towing prep package
    cargo mat
    wheel locks
    Please make any suggestions and how best to package this car> it is my understanding that the car comes bundled with the Nav, ML sound system, DVD. I really do not want the DVD.

Thank you
    The first VIN number digit does indeed identify the country of manufacture:

1 or 4 USA
    2 Canada
    3 Mexico
    J Japan
    K Korea
    S England
    W Germany
    Z Italy

• matrixincmatrixinc Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide details like color, AWD or not, and other options?
  • jim350jim350 Member Posts: 1
    Can some one guide me what is the good price for RX-350 (FWD)with premium package and navigation system.
    As promised, here are the details of my purchase.

RX 350 with nav, heated seats, backup camera etc. which has MSRP of $45,866, got it for $40,648. I leased the vehicle

Lease of $669/month which includes sales tax for 36 months 15000 miles. I paid $804 at the time of signing the lease. No cap cost reduction, no security deposit. I think it is a good deal,but maybe wrong.

The dealer is Arlington Lexus of Palatine. The sales person did not want me to mention his name, but I can tell you he deals with internet sales. I fixed all my prices and lease over the phone before visiting the dealer. It took just 10 minutes for me to complete the transaction.

Hope this helps others who are shopping for this vehicle.
  • matrixincmatrixinc Member Posts: 2
    I am interested to buy Lexus 2008, AWD to import to Canada. I am thinking to buy pre owned Lexus with low mileage. Where I can find good deal.
    Thanks
  • losyanlosyan Member Posts: 1
    I am interested to buy 08 RX, FWD with minimum set of options - premium package only would be ideal. The invoice price for this configuration is $34,984 according to KBB. What is the best price I could buy it for?
    Please share your price quotes from dealers.

Thanks
  • canuck52canuck52 Member Posts: 1
    Can any one recommend a good and fair dealer in the NY or NJ state area? I am interested in purchasing a new RX350 with a Premium Plus package with the intention of bringing it back to Toronto, Ontario.
  • skalibabaskalibaba Member Posts: 7
    I was offered a new 2007 RX350 FWD with Premium plus package along with heated seats and rain sensing wipers for $35K, according to KBB, the invoice price is close to $36.2K. I want to import it in Canada (Montreal), so I would have to pay something like $1000 for transportation (from Florida to here). So basically, I would be paying invoice price. Do you think that's a good deal? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Importing to Canada?

Check out this discussion: Importing Car into Canada from US

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm not sure about the wisdom of importing a car that is built in Canada back into that country! Since the loonie is now worth more than the dollar, it could possibly be advantageous. To answer your question, I've purchased two Lexus RXs from Dorschel Lexus in Rochester, NY, very satisfactory transactions both. Contact me if you'd like the name of my salesperson. And yes; I'm minutes away from another Lexus store in Amherst, NY that unfortunately has a very cavalier attitude in their sales department.