Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I don't know what that includes but you could buy new set of tires for that price!

Pete :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    No opinion on the value of tire insurance... but, you should check out the prices of 19" tires... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jane3jane3 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2011
    $42900 includes AWD nav, comfort,premium, wood and leather wrappedvsteerong and knob, tow prep,remote start,mats,cargo net and cover....the big ticket items are nav,com,prem.....the rest are "throw ins". Seems tow prep pretty much on most AWD in this area....

Good luck.
  • jayhawk82jayhawk82 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have any dealers they would recommend in the midwest? I am located in Kansas City, but would be willing to travel about 500 miles to get the car so that would include Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Denver etc. Also, has anybody had any experience doing a deal with a dealer on one of the coasts and having the car shipped? Is it worth it and, if I chose to do that, what should I expect to pay to have the car shipped?

What price would be considered a good deal if I am looking to get a pretty basic 2011 AWD with heated/ventilated, wood trim, etc.? I see people getting what I consider to be a great price around $39k on the east/west coast, but don't know if that kind of deal is available in the midwest.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
  • fl32459fl32459 Member Posts: 9
    I got a great, quick price from Dave Mungenast Lexus outside of St. Louis. I think Alex Grant was the internet person that I communicated with. He got right back to me, excellent price. Bottom line, thought was that St. Louis was a 13 hour drive for me, and I was able to find an AWD in sunny Florida with a five hour drive...not as good a "deal" but the hassle factor of driving, staying overnight, etc.. just made the Florida dealer make sense. If you contact him, tell him the girl from Florida recommended him!
  • blibli Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jane,

which dealer you emailed in NH? 41600 is pretty good price.
  • greatdongreatdon Member Posts: 3
    Followup: Thanks for the "Lexus dealer holdbacks" information.

Lexus in the Houston area will not budge on their pricing right now. Supply and Demand. Seems like $500 over invoice is the best they will go at Lexus of Clear Lake (Jo Herran) and West side Lexus (West side and North side Lexus are the same owner i think). Don't waste your time at Sterling McCall.

We moved on and got the 2011 Buick Enclave CXL-1 instead.
  • skrin1skrin1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi forum members, this is my first post here.

I'm looking for 2010 RX 350, I found one two hours from my location (Charlotte, NC), here is what dealer said his best price is,

2010 - Black RX 350 with 20,500 miles, FWD, single owner - best price = 37,500 + about 1,500 (tax + documentation etc).

What is the price I should ask for?

Thanks,
    SKrin.
  • zthefoxzthefox Member Posts: 3
    Try Dave Mungenast in st.Louis. Highly recommend Alex grant.
  • charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2011
    For 2010 FWD, it probably costed around 39K last year. Taking into consideration of $4000 for depreciation, $4100 for mileage ($.20 x 20,500 miles), I'd offer $31,000. Just my 2 cents.
  • skrin1skrin1 Member Posts: 2
    Hmm.. Dealer is asking 37K, would 31K to be too low? But I'll give it a try.
  • jane3jane3 Member Posts: 21
    I emailed Ira Lexus Manchester....but when I emailed, I got the quote of $41600 but they didn't tell me the color choice avail to me, and even though I told them I wanted 2011, it could be a 2010 they quoted....But I never followed up with those questions.

when I tried that price at the other two dealers in my area, they wouldn't budge for it....
  • testrrtestrr Member Posts: 1
    The wife really likes this model, we would like to get one recently. We went to Johnson Lexus of Raleigh once a while back, the dealer tried to work the price from 43,000 for a FWD(MSRP 44,5xx) w/o Nav, w/ premium package, 19", Heated seats, backup mirror, intuitive parking, towing prep pkg and etc.

I have read lots of pages in this forum, it seems many of you guys got very very good deal. For the one I am looking at, It should be in 39,500~40,500 range (no loyalty discount for me). There are only two lexus dealers in my area, it seems very hard to negotiate to that price range. Anyone have recently purchased this car in Raleigh area? Which dealer is better in this area? I am willing to drive several hours if I can get a good deal.

Thanks.
  • macapplegirl8macapplegirl8 Member Posts: 3
    I got my car from there in march...the MSRP was $52xxx, and I got it down to $44xxx. So ur price range is do-able at Johnson Lexus on capital
  • cubescubescubescubes Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

I am in market for RX350, FWD with Premium package in San Francisco area. Any help on the price range I should be looking at when I start negotiating with dealers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Cubes
  • mk16mk16 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Trying to get a AWD Lexus RX 350 with Base + Prem Package + Backup cam , Heated Seats , Parking Assist , Wood & leather trimmed Steering and shift. + accessories like cargo mat , net and wheel locks.

MSRP : 45112.00

The dealer in chantilly VA , Pohanka came upto Inv + 500 = 41812
    So out of Door price 41812 + taxes , Fees etc = Final Price : 43500

I was looking more or less of a final out of Door price to be 41000.

Plz let me know if that is possible or if you can suggest the best deal around this area.
    I am willing to travel to get the best deal.
    I am also planning to buy before Memorial day .
  • enar5enar5 Member Posts: 5
    I bought one in Austin. Few dealers in Texas that are motivated to sell are asking 500 over invoice. several will not go more than a 1000-1500 on MSRP. In March it was different. Things have changed.
  • charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    When I bought RX350 for my wife back in March, I traded in the 08 ES350 with 32K miles on it for $21K. When I looked at dealers' ad on newspaper, 08 ES350 with comparable miles list between $26,995 to $28,995. This just tells you how much mark-up dealers have on used cars.
  • shoppingarndshoppingarnd Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Just bought one at 40900 (+ tax, ttl) in Chicago area, Great car, great service. RX350 AWD + premium pkg, w/o NAV. MSPR: 446xx.
  • sfjoe523sfjoe523 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone bought recently in the San Francisco Bay Area or looking to buy that got a price quote? Im looking to buy in the next month, Im hoping end of the quarter in June will make the dealers want to negotiate a little more. Thoughts?
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    They are in short supply right now due to the parts situation in Japan. Thus dealers can get close to MSRP, the situation is not likely to change until fall when the supply catches up with the demand. My two cents.

Pete :(
  • happybuyer11happybuyer11 Member Posts: 10
    I just want to let everyone know the truth is that Lexus RX350 is not in short supply. Please do not listen to the lies from the sales. All the RX350 in US are already in US. As Sep is coming, the next model will come out. The current economy favors buyers.
  • pureluck2pureluck2 Member Posts: 6
    Agree with happybuyer11. There is no shortage at all.

Some dealers posted fake information on this board. They are shameful.

The compact luxery SUV market is very crowded. Too many modes. The selling is very slow. Just based on the number of posting everyday on this board, you know what is going on. Everyone will get below invoice price if you are patient and willing to shop around.
  • drpsychodrpsycho Member Posts: 1
    Can you or happybuyer11 share more details on what dealer in San Francisco bay area has best price? I'm looking to buy RX 350 without navigation within 2 weeks.
    Laos how much over invoice is considered reasonable to pay in Bay area?

Thanks and appreciated any help/infos.

-drpsycho
  • pureluck2pureluck2 Member Posts: 6
    May 2011, Lexus reported passenger car sales of 5,681 units, down 46.3 percent from May 2010. The ES 350 entry luxury sedan led Lexus passenger car sales with sales of 2,400 units, while the IS lineup reported combined sales of 1,715 units. The all-new CT 200h hybrid posted 454 units in its third month of sales.

Lexus light trucks recorded sales of 6,624 units, down 33.2 percent over May 2010. Lexus light truck sales were led by the RX luxury utility vehicle, which posted combined May sales of 5,847 units. The GX 460 mid-size luxury utility vehicle reported sales of 635 units.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Quake-Ravaged-Toyota-Suffers-26-Drop-In-May-Sales-- Lexus-Performs-Death-Spiral-Down-40-64430/
  • idmidm Member Posts: 7
    They should look into giving the CT 200h more power and more overall room. The backseat doesn't have enough legroom.

I know it's being manufactured for the "youth market," but come on -- the youth market doesn't buy Lexus. I know Lexus is hoping the mileage of 42 mpg will sell the car.

Make a longer, more powerful version that gets 35 mpg. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love my RX 330, but the mileage is killing me.
  • bingo9bingo9 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone bought RX 350 AWD (premium, nav, comfort package including backup camara, heated/ventiliated seats and wood/leather trimm etc. ) recently in Rockville, MD or MD/DC/VA area? What is the lowest price you got?

Appreciated.
    In general, dealers are quoting about 1K above invoice in Bay Area...same excuse of shortage. It is remarkable that they have gone from 500-1000 below invoice to 1K above invoice in a couple of months. Perhaps it might be best if we wait another couple of months and contact them again?
  • mrd4mrd4 Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2011
    I got $600 under invoice offer from South County Lexus dealer. I was asking $1000 under invoice but no success.
  • girlnycgirlnyc Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    hi - looking for prices paid for an 09 RX 350 with or without navigation in nothern NJ. i see some responses in which people paid below invoice - how do i find out what invoice is?

thanks!
  • yhe49yhe49 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Albany NY. About 3 hours to Boston. Can you let me know the place name you buy the 2011 RX350.
    Thanks.
  • milwaukeeshprmilwaukeeshpr Member Posts: 2
    I am currently in the market for a used 2010 RX350, can you please tell mewhat you ended up paying for your RX350? I just want to know what is reasonable to pay.
    thanks!
    2010 or 2011 model? If it is the latter, my experience has been that currently the dealers are charging about $1000 above invoice and are not particularly interested in coming down in price by much. The most common excuse is shortage of inventory. I have decided to wait it out until inventory reaches more normal levels (perhaps until sept) and dealers may be more flexible. Given what has gone on in the past as posted by many on this board, patience might get us an RX below invoice...
  • milwaukeeshprmilwaukeeshpr Member Posts: 2
    I have been trying to find a 2010 RX350 and having a hard time getting them to come down much more than $38,000.
  • jsun2jsun2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi shoppingarnd, Could you share with me the dealership name? I am in Chicago too and looking to purchase the same model very soon. Thanks.
  • familymanx2familymanx2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone who has posted to these boards. These posts here and on other boards gave me some more ammo and confidence during negotiations. My turn to give back.

In So Cal, 2011 RX 350 FWD, No Navi, w/ Premium Pkg (Perforated heated & cooled leather seats, b/u camera, power lift gate, etc.) MSRP 43232, Invoice 39637. (Cars Direct Price 40994)

Had been shooting for $500-1000 under invoice or 13% under MSRP. Didn't get it. Settled for ~11.7% under MSRP or $489.95 under invoice (or $1489.95 under invoice if you include the $1000 Lexus Loyalty cash) BTW, walked away from 2 deals (500 above invoice and 200 below invoice) before I got to this one (came close here too).

Working Backwards, OTD price (42600) - tax, license and fees = Price of car (38147)

Can't help but feel that I could have gotten almost $800 below invoice (or better) + the $1000 Lexus Loyalty. Buyers remorse, right? Can't complain much though, the RX is nice and the family loves it.

Good luck, never pay retail...
    congratulation. I got some $600 under invoice offer recently, but ends up didn't take it. First, the best offer end of 2010 is $2000 under invoice (old price); second, the lexus RX MSRP increased twice this year, which adds up about $1100 on top of old price; third, the finacing rate is not competive with 2.9%. So I figured out I need pay $2500 more than the best offer end of 2010 to buy a same vehicle, I gave up.

Alternative, I found an offer with MDX, which offers similar price compared to end of 2010 and get it, I'm also happy with 0.9% financing.
  • wasabi4wasabi4 Member Posts: 2
    Familymanx2,

Can you disclose the dealership? I'm in socal and also looking to get a good deal on the rx. From Van Nuys to San Diego, no one seems to want to deal as much as the dealer you went through.

thanks in advance.
    familymanx2: Congrats! I think you did well! At least much better that what I could. The best anybody did here in Nor Cal was about 400 above invoice and I gave up. Inventory shortage is the excuse. I am thinking of waiting for at least 2 months before I try again. Perhaps I will have better luck.

Congrats again on your new car. Enjoy it!
    Cheers
  • shoppingarndshoppingarnd Member Posts: 2
    Contact me at pubx100@yahoo.com.
    It's easy to get $500 under invoice deal. Check Lexus Escondido. I got such deal last month, but I didn't jump.
  • familymanx2familymanx2 Member Posts: 2
    Cerritos, went in on a lark, had shopped 2 other dealers and was going to buy at Glendale because they were going to do better than the 200 under invoice that Longo offered. If I were to do it again, I'd give Keys in Van Nuys a try, they seem to have a large inventory. Go in with the idea that $500 under invoice is good $1000 under invoice is excellent. The loyalty bonus should (IMO) be on top of that even. In the end, I think it's all timing, it's the end of the month, this should be a good time to buy. Be Ambivalent and willing to walk away if the deal turns south. Good Luck... never pay retail. :)
  • wasabi4wasabi4 Member Posts: 2
    I am truly surprised to hear that you scored at Cerritos. I have been yanked around by them for the past month and a half. They were totally disappointing.

Granted, I was looking for an almost loaded AWD.

So luckily, I pulled the trigger today and bought the car. Went to Longo and they bit on 600 below invoice. I got my first color choice too! I guess the last day of the month helps. I literally queried dealers from Oxnard down to San Diego. No one came close to Longo. No wonder they sell so many cars there.

Thanks for your assistance.
  • dmkampdmkamp Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2011 Rx 330 with nav, premium pkg, cross bars in S. orange co, Ca for $41,500 minus 1,000 Lexus loyalty cash ($40,500) Tax was $3636 and lic and fees were $571, and a $55 doc fee for the dealer. 2.9 % financing.
    I was torn between nav and no nav...the best quote I received for no nav was $39,711 minus $1,000 loyalty discount ($38711) pushed a little harder they came down to $39,400 on certain inventory (silver with light gray) for what would have been ($38400 plus ttl) the $2100 extra in nav was worth it to me because of my job, but with less expensive nav options (phone apps) out there, the basic package is pretty well equipped.
    I recommend going to each dealer web site and getting individual quotes emailed to you. It saves a ton of time and you can see quickly who is ready to deal, and who has no inventory. Made the
    entire process very simple.
    Right now the Lexus pricing is ~ $1500 higher than pre-tsnuami. 2011 RX350 w/ nav used to be just below $40000. So the lexus dealer tries to make advantage of tsunami while Acura still offers pre-tsnuami pricing.
  • dcmacheaddcmachead Member Posts: 13
    I got pricing of ~$500 over invoice+taxes & tags. The only dealership I've set foot in (just to check out the car and test it) is Lindsey Lexus in Alexandria. I've used online buying services to get offers shown to me. The PITA part of dealing with the online buying services is the salesman call you. I much preferred buying a Honda Accord several years back with the online buying services because the dealers sent an e-mail with hard numbers so I didn't have to play patty cake on price with them. Online buying services are still simpler than driving around to dealers and dealing with salesmen in the lion's den ;)

Good luck to you! I'm hopefully picking up a new RX 350 next week :)
    why not try Acura now unless you want to stick with Lexus?
  • kalyan1kalyan1 Member Posts: 6
    What price did he quote?
  • dcmacheaddcmachead Member Posts: 13
    I went to an Acura dealer many years ago and the salesman hounded me to the point I was creeped out. He called 5 times in one day after I poked my head I to the dealer to take a peek at an MDX. That experience soured me on the brand.

I picked up my RX 350 with package C (Nav, Comfort, Premium, Tow Prep, etc). The dealer I went to lowballed me on my trade. I showed him pricing that I'd gathered on my trade and the salesman agreed it was a lowball offer. He guaranteed me a slightly higher price on my trade with 5 days to shop. I ended up getting $4,000 more on the trade going to CarMax.

Thank you to those who contribute to this forum. I got a great deal on a great car.
  • kalyan1kalyan1 Member Posts: 6
    I got my RX during July 4th weekend @1500 below invoice!! in NoVA