Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LS 460 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• atlantageorgiaatlantageorgia Member Posts: 3
    Why does Lexus NOT advertise their incentives to the customers. The dealer will not tell the customers all the incentives that are being offered for the December to remember event. Does any one know what the incentives are. I have a 800+ credit rating.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Are you looking to lease? Unlike apr's (on a purchase) which are required by law to be disclosed, money factors, on the other hand, do NOT.

If you're looking at an '08 LS (SWB), the buy rate money factor is .00230 (at least in SoCal, but that should be a national rate). The residual on a 36/12k/yr lease is 55%, for 36/15k/yr, the residual drops to 53%. On a 48/12k/yr lease, residual is 45%, for a 48/15k/yr, the residual is 43%. These numbers should stay like this until the special ends on Jan 2.

My advice... call and ask to speak to a finance manager since he's the one with the numbers. Tell him/her that you're thinking about leasing a few different vehicles and you'd like to know the current residual(s) and buy rate money factors. He/she should have no problem giving you these numbers if they know you're shopping around. If they won't, they're stupid... but, just call another dealer.

Good Luck!
  • atlantageorgiaatlantageorgia Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the finance rates to purchase a Lexus LS 460(not lease)
    5.59% apr for 60 mo. on Base and L models.

Rate offered through Lexus Financial Services.
  • traubetraube Member Posts: 28
    i live in ny.was just in florida and am able to buy LS460-new for 8600 below MSRP.Called my dealer in ny and said 2007 were not available.I really dont need the car until april 2008 and my ny dealer said i could probably get the 2008 for $4000 below MSRP.
    NEED ADVICE-is this a deal i should not pass up-how is the lexus selling-i saw alot of 2007s sitting around in florida.I am paying cash for the car.
  • jkd740jkd740 Member Posts: 2
    I don't think there's any need to jump on it right this second. I got almost $7k off the MSRP on an 2008 before the dealer even got their first one. You should be able to easily get up to $5k off still in April. Personally, I would try to get $7k off and go in there every end of the month until they bite. Eventually they will give in if you have the time to waste.
  • fabt1fabt1 Member Posts: 5
    I'd be skeptical of a 2007. Remember, a meaningful number of '07 owners have complained about wind noise; the '08's have better door insulation and laminated glass on the front windows. Also, the nav. screen on the '08's do not require you to hit the "I agree" button before it operates. I just bought an '08 a few days ago, also in Florida; it seems good deals can be had on them. And I test drove it before I bought, to ensure no wind noise - it was noiseless.

If you really think you're better off with the '07, make sure you take it on a test drive at highway speeds to ensure there is no wind leak noise.
    may i ask you how much below MSRP you paid?what part of florida.This info is very helpful and i will probably wait and buy the 2008
    thanx again!
  • fabt1fabt1 Member Posts: 5
    I bought mine from Palm Beach Lexus (south Florida). We got a very good deal because my wife got the Employee Discount Program as she is an employee of AutoNation, who owns the dealership.

The price we paid was about the "invoice" price that you see posted on sites like Edmunds. However, this was the Employee Discount price; when I compared to other south Florida dealers (JM, Pembroke Pines, Kendall, etc.) this price was about $5,000 less than what their best quote was. None were willing to match it. Although, after I bought the car, all the other dealers called me back looking to make a better deal. I don't know if they would have come all the way down to what I paid, but they certainly were looking to deal.

Dealers seem particularly 'desperate' in December, as they all want to finish the year strong so they can secure a high allocation of cars in 2008. Whatever you negotiate, try to do it in December.
    If it's $8600 off MSRP on a base LS model with no additional add-on's like chrome rims etc., I'd say jump on it, given it's brand new and not a demo.

There's about $8500 in front end profit on that vehicle, so at $8600 off, they're selling below invoice. If you're paying cash and plan on keeping it for awhile, take the savings on the '07. You can get a good deal on an '08, but no dealer in their right mind would sell that car for much below $1500 over invoice. In SoCal, $2500-$3500 over invoice is agressive to very agressive pricing already.

Two things to watch for:

1) Don't let the dealer know you're paying cash until you're ready to sign the paperwork. It's been said before, but I'll repeat... Cash is NOT king in the car buying world!

2) Be aware of some of the funky South East region fees.
    thank you very much
  • blackonblack1blackonblack1 Member Posts: 1
    Was an absolutely tough challenge to knock the dealerships down to where I felt comfortable for the lease.

I dealt with atleast 10 dealerships. Most came to the following deal for the 71 package LS, 12k miles, 4 years, around 1000 including tax. I felt I could get better (that's basically a 6500 discount off of their so called rare package, with the before mentioned 2500 profit for them). Inventories are down so getting your color may be a bit difficult. Now Decemeber to Remember might be a bunch of hogwash, however one thing isn't. The end of the year as in the calendar year, also means quite a bit to dealerships as the end of the model year does. Also on cars like these that rarely have cash back offers, this might be the best time of the year to buy because residuals will be higher (besides leasing and then buying at the end versus buying outright if you calculate it with opportunity costs blah blah, actually favor leases but that's another story). Anyway back to my case.

After haggling with one dealerships who refused to come down and made me try to feel guilty while doing it, I received a call from two previous dealers who did not have the color combo I wanted at 71 but had it at 74. One of them included their chrome dipped wheels (you can tell I went for Black exterior as those are the cars that actually look good with the chrome wheels, still iffy if I should have got them but what's done is done). One of them made it seem as if it was a travesty I had ever visited their dealership since I was playing games with them and I was shopping around. The other gave me an offer closer and was closer to home.

I went back home, negotiated a little bit finally ended it all with a barely over 9k discount on the 74k with chrome dipped wheels. It all rounded out to about:

1k per month including tax, almost nothing down at all

Reason is he wanted to push his inventory out the door. To say the least he was not happy about doing it, but that's how life is I suppose. He still made I'm guessing a 500-1000 profit, since interestingly enough his money factor was lower than the others. He probably parlayed a couple dollars into doing so. I was a bit suspect of it but it's done can't do much about it. Probably had to do so to show some margin on the car on the books.

Anyway, so far I'm happy and just waiting for chrome....
  • jcdrewjcdrew Member Posts: 2
    what is the par best interest rate you can get from lexus financial?
  • rennyboschrennybosch Member Posts: 329
    I got 5.59% for 60 months 100% financing (ie. no down payment, including tax and license) through Lexus Financial Services. Somewhere else on this board it said that 5.59 is the best they are doing, and it may only be through the end of the December to Remember sale (1/4/08 I believe).
  • ekndyekndy Member Posts: 3
    I'm undecided about purchasing or leasing. Has anyone been able to negotiate what you think is a fair deal in Central Florida? Thank you for any feedback.
  • golfguy1golfguy1 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to purchase an LS 460 in south Florida. The MSRP with options is $64,950 including $765 for destination charges. Invoice, per Edmunds, is $56,453. The only options are the comfort package, park assist, and power door closer.

What could I expect to pay for this vehicle, excluding sales tax?

Willing to purchase in Georgia to get a better deal.

Thanks for your input.
    a good price would be between 56500=57500 for a 2007.please keep me posted because i will probably by a 2008 LS in about 2 months
    Go to Lexus.com and punch in your zip code, then build your vehicle. That will give you a more realistic view of how dealers in your area are taking delivery of them. Your MSRP of $64,950 looks way too low, as Edmunds will let you buld the car however you want, but it's not always how your region has them shipped from the manufacturer. A more realistic base LS would list closer to $69k.

There's a spread of around $8400 between MSRP and invoice. Shoot as low as you can obviously, but know that anywhere from $2k-$3k over is a great deal on one of these beauties!
  • lisalisa57lisalisa57 Member Posts: 20
    hi there,

i am shopping for a LS460 SWB. I wanted to get on in Dec b/c the MF was lower than normal, but they didnt have the car i wanted avail. Now, being Jan, they have the car but the MF is much higher. Im hoping that Feb rates will be lower than Jan. Can anyone confirm what the MSD reduction is? I know it isnt .0001 anymore.

Thanks.

lisalisa
  • rennyboschrennybosch Member Posts: 329
    Hi lisalisa,

What is MF, and what is MSD (I know what SWB is)?
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    i got the ls460 l with mark lev and park assist sticker was 76800 plus got the chrome wheels. they took 8k off of msrp plus i got the wheels for $800 installed. I have a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year. i put no cap down. total out of pocket is 2100. we have 9% sales tax in pa. payment is 1280 a month. Good deal?
  • ranger2692ranger2692 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Lexus LS430 lease 15K yr 4 yrs @ 847mo, what is the best factor I can get NJ, I have Tier 1 Plus credit (800s) My current LS is loaded DVD Nav doors/trunk etc I'm looking for abpout the same vehilce in same price range?
    My lease comes available in Dec 08. Can I expect to get a deal on an 08 LS460, and how is the ride in the GSh compared to LS??
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    i think it is now .000072
  • mcribmcrib Member Posts: 19
    A dealer here in Florida has a special for $8,000k off MSRP off the LS460 and a couple of other models. I am going to see if other dealers are willing to honor it without much haggle. Plus they have a $250 off the best negotiated price coupon. Of course I'm gonna shoot lower than both coupons.

For anyone interested it's: http://www.jm-lexus.com/AboutSpecials

They are located in West Palm Beach so it is a little far for me.
    Please please let me know what happens.Are there any "add ons" in this deal?
    I will be down in florida and will probably buy a Lexus 460LS at that price.

Anxiouly await your reply
    Thank you
    Lexus of Pembroke Pines offered me 64694 + ttl which I walked away from. The MSRP on this vehicle was $72,435, broken down the packages were

Base Model $62000
    Comfort Package $1290
    Lexus Link $900
    Navigation/Mark Levison/Advanced Parking Guiide
    Intuitive Parking Assist $500
    One Touch Open/Close Power Trunk and Door $395
    Preferred Accessory Package: $240

Total Accessories $9670

Destination Charge $765

The offer was too high for my liking. I've heard Lexus of Palm Beach had good deals on this vehicle so I am going to check them out. I spoke with someone online who told me they got a deal for 61,901+TTL and the original MSRP was $72,435 for a 08 SWB LS460.
    Please keep me posted-i will be in south florida march 19-for the right price maybe we can buy 2 cars
    Just got back talking to the internet sales consultant at Countyline Lexus in Broward County FL.

They will not do the 11,000 off MSRP to reach the 61k deal I got from someone on ClubLexus forums. They started with a laughable $3,500 off MSRP price in turn they asked what I thoguht was reasonable, 61k+TTL. The Sales manager assisted the consultant in telling me my deal was unreasonable.

The deal that I mentioned before was done towards the end of the month so that may have some influence on it.

The good news is I have the name of the salesperson of the Lexus of West Palm Beach. I'm not really in a hurry to do this, so I want the best possible price.
    please keep me posted.I was told that the best prices are at JM Lexus -the largest lexus dealership.-also located in south florida
    Got a reply from Lexus of Kendall, a paltry offer of "The Lexus you selected has a factory sticker price of $ 72435. As an 'Internet Buyer' you get $ 5435 discount, so your price is :-67000" :mad:

The best written offer is Lexus of Pembroke's 64694+ttl but I still want to get closer to the 61k+ttl.

I got a callback from the Countyline Lexus Manager but I need to contact him back. Maybe 61k+ttl can be beat! :D

Once again the MSRP on this SWB 2008 Lexus configuration is 72435.
    thanks keep me posted
    Wow! If you get a dealer to sell you that car at $61k, that will truly be the deal of a lifetime! There's about $8500-$9000 in front-end profit on these particular vehicles and ~ $1800 in holdback + however much the ad fee is in your region. Get me the VIN and I could pull the exact invoice, but I honestly don't believe they have enough in that car to sell it to you for $61k.

I'm not discouraging you from continuing your pursuit, but I also don't believe you will find a dealer to sell you a car at that price, especially on a flagship Lexus.

I realize the market is tough, but that deal that Lexus of Pembroke gave you is ~ $1000 over invoice, which is an absolute steal on an LS460!

Keep us posted though... this should be interesting.

Good luck!
    The deal was obtained by someone in the Club Lexus forums.

Even though they may take a loss on the car, I am willing to finance with them and I am sure the deal gets some incentive to sell the car. I think this deal may become more feasible towards the end of the month.

I just think that if JM advertised 8,000 off LS460s then why should I have to haggle so much to get a 7400~ off. I am dealing with internet sales so I was hoping to cut out the middleman.

I will post updates.
    Just got off phone with internet rep at countryline lexus in florida-will sell car for 8000 off MSRP-and if i like will ship it to NY for $450.
    I think i will accept deal early next week.What do you think?I need advice
    Sounds like an awesome deal! Plus, only $450 to have trucked is cheap!

Jump on it!
    Traube,

I think they can do more than that... Do you need the vehicle ASAP? I wanted 61k+TTL from Countyline but they wouldn't do that.
    Traube,

Can you tell me who you spoke with? Click on my name and you will get my email address. Thanks!
    ugh Edmunds doesn't display it. Email me at saguilera @bellsouth.net'

There's no space in between, just to avoid spam. saguilera@bellsouth .net

Thanks
  • mike001mike001 Member Posts: 15
    I am also hearing conflicting stories on purchasing the LS460 ?
    Would really like to know what a very very good puchase price really is .
    This is the " Latest " best offer I was just given !..wow how the story changes ...conversation by conversation ?!!
    " I will sell you a 460 at 500.oo over invoice . ".. sls person says car is listed at 68,500.oo @ retail with NAV but does NOT have the Mark Levington sound system has / a standard Lexus sound system but has all the other options included ?
    Even has my preferred color : Black on Black
    he the dealer " sls pro " ??( in Central Florida ) ...say his cost is approx 61.5 K ..add the 500.oo over invoice and it yours .
    ...just advised me that I'll need move fast to reserve w/ a refundable 500.oo deposit or it will be available for sale to others.
    Seems with very little research this 61 K deal was offered to someone on this " post " with a 460 that retailed at the 72K price which I assumed had the upgrade sound system ....
    I'd be most appreciative of your advise.
    Was originally looking for a 07 460with low miles ( limited availabily ) but if I can get the great deal on new 08 460 would stronly consider paying the price ...seems the price couild only get better in the next 30 - 90 days ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike,

REMEMBER that deal 61.9 grand deal was done at the end of the month. It was $72435 MSRP configuration. I think we might have to wait until dealers get more desperate to meet their numbers to pass the $8,000 threshold.

It was done at Lexus of Palm Beach, FL. I received word of it from a poster at Club Lexus forums.
    Mike,

$500 over on an LS is very, very, very, aggressive! Ask to see his (dealer's) factory invoice, as it appears to be a bit high.

Here's a partial factory invoice of an LS deal I rolled in November

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6440.00 $ 5256.00 $ 6440.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 765.00 $ 765.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 769.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 1230.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 615.00
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: Invoice: $ 60295.00 MSRP:$ 68705.00

As you can see, there was ~ $8400 in front-end gross on that car, which is about where yours should be w/o the ML Audio. The above deal was had at $2500 over, which at the time was very aggressive, and some markets won't even touch that.

I wish you the best!
    I just spoke to a Sales person from JM Lexus today, he was going to see if he could do my price. He said after Tax/Tags/Fees the Lexus would be around ~66k OTD. This is for the $72435 MSRP configuration on the SWB LS460.

Lexus of Kendall offered 64194+ tag tags and fees. :sick: Looks like JM may be able to give me the best deal.

The person I spoke to is going to call me on Monday to see if this deal is doable.

Traube, let me know how your deal with Countyline is going!
    countryline lexus offered me $8000 off the MSRP and would ship the car to ny for $450.
    Planning on sending deposit early next week.Tell me what happens with JM Lexus-if they can do better I will buy it there
    Thanks
    the VIN # on the car ( LS 460 with NAV ) I was offered is # JTHBL46F385071032

would you be able to verfify the dealer's net cost ?

Thanks !
    Trabe,

Kendall of Lexus has 8300 off MSRP for me already. Countyline Lexus's deal is nothing special.

I gave you my email (saguilera@bellsouth.net) if you want to contact me if my deal goes through. I met a salesperson in Pembroke Pines who works for JM Lexus. He seemed pretty much happy with making a flat fee on the vehicle and said "it's just a unit" and wanted a bonus.
    Mike,

I'm not going to post the entire invoice on the open forum, but here are the important parts.

VIN .............: JTHBL46F385071032
    --------- --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 5805.00 $ 4661.00 $ 5805.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 765.00 $ 765.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 775.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 1240.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 620.00
    --------- ---------
    Total ................................ Invoice: $ 60141.00 MSRP: $ 68570.00

If the dealer's telling you that the invoice is $61,500, he's not being truthful, or perhaps the vehicle has additional non-factory options added that are NOT included on the above invoice.

Hope this helps, if you want the full invoice, use the PM system here or send me an e-mail @ ocautoseeker@yahoo.com.
    Just bought LS 460 at countyline lexus.MSRP was 72435-paid 64150
    Thanks for your feed back .
    I will be back in touch .
    Is that your price for the car before sales tax , doc , tag & dealer fee / marker up ?
    thanks
    yes,it is off the MSRP