Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mrnadirmrnadir Member Posts: 28
    I bought the sport with heated seat option for $24300 before tax and $250 fees. And I did not even get the 0% apr. But I was picky about the color.
    If you pay anything less than what I paid last month, it would probably be a good deal.
    also, edmunds and truecar is crap. try zag (amex) to get a feel for a better price.
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    HA! Lies like 0% financing? Who needs to really GET REAL?

Regards,
    OW
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Last I saw, you can finance a CX-9 at 0%. There have been numerous people posting in here about their purchase of an interest free loan on the CX-9.....How is it a lie?
  • juts_mazdajuts_mazda Member Posts: 1
    Are you still entitled to the .9%/60 financing?
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    edited January 2011
    2010 has 0/60 and 2011 have .9/60 finance until the end of the month.
    Because you get 2 prices after you negotiate tot he end....cash price and the +$3,000 for the 0% Financing....

That's how it's a lie.

Regards,
    OW
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Really... your beef is with the dealer..

This is how most makes do their incentives... you can have the 0% or you can have the cash..

Your dealer didn't let you know that upfront.. .shame on them..

But, you are ranting against what is common practice.... not just Mazda.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sufia315sufia315 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for those sites and that advise! They really helped and i felt a lot more comfortable! We made a deal for $25,500 OTD which i feel great about since the truecar site said it was better than the GREATEST price paid that was listed! The car included heated seats, roof rack, and power seating:) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • lukes6lukes6 Member Posts: 35
    Excellent! Though I'm not familiar with CX9 Sport pricing off the top of my head, it sure looks like you walking the first day and then doing the research payed off. Did you still get the 0%/60 financing at that price? Enjoy your new CX9!
    But, you are ranting against what is common practice.... not just Mazda.

Oh, the dealer let me know and it's deceptive no mater common practice.

Call it cash price and price with dealer financing, OK. It just is not 0%. :)

Regards,
    OW
  • samhahnsamhahn Member Posts: 8
    Non informative, yes. Deceptive, no. Anything that sounds good, there will be almost always some kind of fine print attached to it. Mazdausa site lists the fine prints of the deals. Always read the find prints. All the dealers I dealt w/ gave me the cash price when I asked for "lowest price" which is not deceptive at all. But when I asked them whether they can do 0% with it, all of them told me that I would lose $3k incentive but will get $750 incentive instead. You just got to ask the right question, that is all.

Technically 0% financing is not a true 0% financing either for most 0% offers since there is usually 3% fee for amount financed. Say you finance $20k and pay the rest with cash, they would charge $600 and add to $20k making it $20.6 k over x months. Sort of like 0% interest on balance transfer offer for CC. If you read fine prints, you almost always pay 3-5 TRANSFER FEE. Once in a while you do see true no transfer fee 0% balance transfer offer but that is very rare.
  • simonbirchsimonbirch Member Posts: 4
    0% APR price for a 2010 GT AWD, with moonroof/bose, Nav/power hatch/wheel locks

Sales price 33887 + 750 freight =34637 + TTL 107+tax

Is this a good deal?
  • jlamottajlamotta Member Posts: 3
    Anyone who believes that there are no additional costs passed on the a purchaser who gets 0% financing is somewhat naive. Money is not free. That's true even in these days of low interest rates. Mazda has cash that it loans to purchasers of its vehicle through its finance arm. That money, like all money, has value. It can make a set rate of return above 0% in all sorts of low risk investments outside of auto loans. Lending money at 0% is a losing proposition for Mazda. That is, only if they offer the same SALES PRICE to those who borrow at 0% versus those who borrow at higher rates or who finance through a third-party. As many have mentioned in earlier posts, 0% is really just a marketing ploy. If they can't make the $2000-$3000 margin in money they loan you (say at 3 or 4%) then they are not going to give the 0% borrower the $3000 incentive that they will give someone who self-finances or who borrows from them at a profitable rate. If you look at the prices paid in prior postings, the net cost of people who bought with the $3000 incentive versus those who bought with 0% financing is almost identical. Bottom line is, Mazda is not a charity. They are still in the business of making money.
  • maj0819maj0819 Member Posts: 2
    So I have been looking for a 2010 Touring or GT over the last couple weeks. I really did not want to go above $30k so the Touring was more realistic given the options I want. So right now these are the two best deals I have received (both from the same dealer):

$29,900 (msrp approx ($36,300)
    Touring AWD (Silver) with Bose/Moonroof package, Auto Start, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net

$30,300 (msrp approx. $36,700)
    Touring AWD (White) with Bose/Moonroof package, Auto Start, Roof Rack

These are the only two Tourngs left on their lot although they do have two GT (red) left but the msrp is close to $39k.

The two proces I received seems like a nice deal but wanted to see what others thought.
  • dc2011dc2011 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2011 GT AWD fully loaded for $33,508 + freight + tax.
    The 2010 same spec was $31,656 + freight + tax. I chose to go with the 2011's as the price difference wasn't too much.
    edited January 2011
    What was the MSRP on the AWD GT you just got?

If you don't mind, what state did you purchase in?

Thanks!
  • maj0819maj0819 Member Posts: 2
    Were you able to get 0.9% financing?
  • islande393islande393 Member Posts: 7
    My wife and I have been looking for a cx9 on and off for 8 months. We found a 2008 sport with 15800 miles with the moonroof/view package for $19880 (+tax, title, license). It needs probably 800-1500 dollars in total body work (scratches, couple of minor dents, very minor rust near dent on passenger door), and new tires. Bringing the total price somewhere around $21500-22000 after all the work is completed. Based on what we've seen it seems like a pretty good deal even with the needed body work. Anyone how thoughts?

we have a deposit on the car now, but have the ability to back out, any help/thoughts truly are appreciated

Also what were the original tires on the 08 sport? Seems odd that at just shy of 16k it needs new tires.

Thanks for the help.

Tyler
    MSRP $39,650. Bought in MD.
    So here's the deal on the financing.
    If you take the 0.9% and $750 cash, you don't get the manufacturer to dealer rebates. On the 2010 CX9, the mfr to dealer rebate is $3000.
    Here's what I understand of the rebates off MSRP:
    2010 CX 9: $3000 (mfr to dealer) + $500 (DC auto show) (or) $1000 (customer cash) + $500 (DC auto show) + 0% APR

2011 CX 9: $1000 (mfr to dealer) + $500 (DC auto show) (or) $750 (customer cash) + $500 (DC auto show) + 0.9% APR

I paid cash (used credit union financing at 2.9%) as this netted me the best deal.
  • 2011cx9sport2011cx9sport Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2011 CX Sport Pearl White with power driver seat for $25,280+TTL (no 0% financing). Very close to the deal you got. Has anyone bought this car for less?
  • jaxanjaxan Member Posts: 2
    Need advise please, I am horrible when trying to negotiate with car salesmen.

I got a quote of $35,000 on the button, includes destination charge, with .9% financing.

The specs are:
    Moonroof/Bose Package
    Navigation
    Power Liftgate
    Remote Engine Start

The Total MSRP is: $40, 125 (inlcudes destination charge)

My gut tells me this is a good deal, can anyone give their opinion? Much appreciated!
    I paid $34,500 (including freight, TTL extra) for the same spec 2011 without the remote engine start. I didn't take the financing option (I had my own). It seems like you have a nice offer.
  • jaxanjaxan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the confirmation dc2011, I did read your earlier posts as well and appreciate you sharing your buying experience with the rest of us. Buying a new car can be so exciting but yet very stressful.

Hopefully I will finalize a deal today, will keep you all updated with my final tally.
  • majordadmajordad Member Posts: 43
    Not sure if you've made this purchase yet, but I don't think its a good deal. CX9s have started to flood the pre-owned market due to the lease program vehicles. Additionally, the CX9 doesn't have a great a resale value as say a Toyota Highlander.

This past week I purchased an 08 CX9 touring with rear entertainment system at 52K miles from a Mazda dealer. Car was off a lease and in extremely good condition. Asking price was $22,500 and I purchased for $19.499 + TTL. I believe this price is below the wholesale value of the vehicle which is $21,500. Its not as nice as the GT but it does include leather interior and many convenience options not found on the Base. For about another $1K to $1.5K you can have an aftermarket Kenwood or Alpine stereo with GPS and back-up camera installed. I wouldn't buy a vehicle with cosmetic damages as its an indicator the vehicle may have some other internal problems. Also were you purchasing this vehicle from a Mazda dealer? If not, you probably won't have as good a support system if other problems crop up.

Oh, purchase was made in MD.
  • lisa323lisa323 Member Posts: 4
    Been lurking for a while and I think I am ready to buy after all the great advice here.

I am looking for a 2010 FWD GT. I contacted my local dealer and he said that he could help find me a 2010. Now he is telling me that he only has 1 available in the district. Is he limited to where he can get it? Of course he wants to sell me a 2011. I am in No. CA and I know that there are at least 10 2010s in the state. I would be willing to drive a distance to get one.

Also, when I am looking at the 'true' prices from edmunds, zag & KBB. Is that price assuming any incentives? I didn't think it was, but thought I should ask before I get in a room with a salesperson.

Thanks for the help!
    I would recommend going to Mazda.com and use the " search inventory " feature to get a good idea of the 2010 FWD's GT 's up to 250 miles from your zip code that are available. If you find one that you would like and are willing to drive and get, then work with that dealer on price via email. From my experience, you will probably get you best price from the dealer who has the vehicle on their lot.

As far as true car, I believe their price is with all incentives. You will need to decide before you start negotiating if your paying cash/bring your own financing or taking the Mazda 0/60 financing. If your doing the first option, you should be able to knock off an Additional 3000. If you didn't already know, you will get the 750 cash back and 500 Mazda loyalty (if your a current Mazda owner). The first option will also put you near the true car price.

If you would like. Post your CX9 with options and MSRP here along with the price the dealer is giving before you sign. That way you can get some input on how your deal is looking.

Good Luck!
  • ask5ask5 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone suggest if this is good price ?

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring FWD with Moonroof/Bose package and Power lift gate package and 6 CD . Quoted price : 30,300/= with 0% APR. Dealer is based in California.
    Last I checked, Mazda was only offering 0%/60mos on 2010 models only. The 2011's were 0.9%/60mos. Might want to verify that.

What's the MSRP on this?
  • ask5ask5 Member Posts: 2
    It is 2011 model with total MSRP: $ 34,722/=
    0% deal is part of presidents day sale.
    Please let me know your thought about the price he is offering.
    $4400 below MSRP and $2000 under invoice with 0% for this early in 2011 seems to be a pretty darn fair price. True Car great price for this spec vehicle is $30900.
    Thanks for the reply. I am taking your advice this morning.

The local dealer called last night and told me that he has access to 2 2010s but both are pretty loaded up - much more than I am interested in.

I have checked the MazdaUSA site for all of CA and there are about 14 vehicles available if I am willing to travel further than 250 miles.

Coincidently, I will be in Southern CA next weekend and there is a dealer very close to where I will be that appears to have exactly what I am looking for. It would be no big deal to me to drive the car home from their location. I contacted them by email and they are supposed to get back to me this morning with confirmation of what is on their lot.
    I will get back here as soon as I receive a confirmation of inventory and a price.
  • optimist2optimist2 Member Posts: 15
    I bought it for $34,659 (destination included) plus TTL. Got a decent price for trade in. In Texas, DFW area. Thank you all for the information on the Forum.

I got an offer for $2,100 for extended warranty for 100k and 3 more years. Any advice?
  • optimist2optimist2 Member Posts: 15
    After some research, I'm answering my own question. Decided to postpone the decision to purchase any extended warranty until the current 3-year one is about to expire. Not planning to sell the car before 3 years, or have it totalled in an accident. But if either one of these things happen, the EW is pure loss.

On the other hand, I think I will buy Lojack for $590. Even though my insurance will kick in if the vehicle is stolen, I believe there is value in having the vehicle found as quickly as possible (one neighbor had to wait for weeks until his car was found to be able to proceed with insurance paper work-a major hassle). Other than that Lojack provides no tangible benefit, but given this is a one time fee and that my insurance may give me some discount, not too bad after all.

Thank you all for the information shared on this Forum.

optimist2
    Well, I am not having a lot of luck with this. I emailed a couple of dealers that are out of the area and can barely get any type of information from them. There have been several emails about color, first exterior then interior. I keep asking for availablity GT with moonroof/bose and pwr liftgate and price and I get no response. I have looked at their inventory so I have an idea what is on their lot. Most have a lot more options installed.

Have decided to try for a Touring. Might have better luck finding what I want. Even with a Touring there is not much choice in color and options in CA. I know there are 2 Touring in color and options I want in the N. CA area. I am thinking I will go to the local dealer today - he is having a President's Day sale - $4000 off MSRP for a Touring. That should put it down to about the same range as the Truecar price. I want to see if he is willing to get one of the vehicles for me.

This is very frustrating. :( Starting to feel like this is not meant to be.
    Sorry to hear its been such a headache. Have you included the VIN # of the GT your wanting info on when you e-mail the dealel who has it on their lot? This should help eliminate a lot of the questions like color etc... With customer no service like that, no wonder they still have 2010's on their lots! Hear in FL, every dealer that I've e-mailed has been responsive and persistent until I've told them no deal or I purchased elsewhere.

If your in no hurry for a vehicle, take your time, work a good deal, and get what you really want and can afford. Let us know how this workout for you.
  • snowy5snowy5 Member Posts: 1
    A dealer is quoting me $32300 for white 2011 CX9 touring with AWD, moonroof+bose+power-liftgate (MSRP is $36312. Should I take it? Would appreciate if anyone has recently bought a similar spec and share their experience and price. Thanks!
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    List= $40,835.00

Your Price = $34,299.00
    + 399.00 Title/Doc/Reg fee
    -----------------
    $34,698.00 + Sales Tax

What do you foks think? :confuse:
    Is that with or without the Mazda 0/60 financing?
  • jdlucas24jdlucas24 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at purchasing a CX-9. I am curious what is driving pricing $2000 below invoice for GT AWD w/ Bose and Nav? I can't seem to find any incentives that would justify this pricing on the internet anywhere.

Would like any info you have as I am looking to start negotiating with dealers. I am based in Minneapolis.
  • pcannonpcannon Member Posts: 7
    Sounds good almost 5k off including destination charge.
    Im in Atlanta and have spoken to 6 Mazda delaerships

I have phone quotes all right around $33,00 not including destination and ttl
    2011 GT with Moonroof and auto lift gate packages
    The MSRP from these dealers is also right around $36,700

So it appears in Atlanta most dealers are coming off $3700 on the phone
    I will be visiting at least 2 dealerships to see how low I can get them.

Im hoping for around $30,500 cash price.

This would be about $6000 off not including dest ttl.

I think this seems good right?
    Possibly. Mazda just started offering 0/60 financing on the 2011's today. Since you are looking for a cash deal, I would guess that you might be able to get it close to 6K off of MSRP. I know dealers in my area were knocking an additional 2K off in Oct and Nov, then 3K in Dec for 2010's with cash deal. This was a manufacturer to dealer incentive that most dealers were passing on to customers doing a cash deal to move 2010's. I don't know if it's available to dealers this month on 2011's. You should be able to do better than 3700 off MSRP since you're paying cash. Let us know how things go.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    Pcannon,

I am in the Atlanta area and also interested in the 2011 GT CX-9.
    Please let us know what you find out with the surrounding Atlanta dealers.
    Thanks!
    I visited Hennessey Mazda in Morrow, Ga today and after 2 hours test driving and negotiating I walked out at a price of $30,999.00 and OTD price of $33,800.00
    MSRP was 36,795.00 for 2011 GT FWD with all packages but the NAV package.

I told the Rep I wanted to talk to another dealer before making my decision as I had already made plans tomorrow to visit Roswell Mazda. I do believe they would have come down at least another $500.00 possibly more if I told them I would buy today. I'm shooting for $30,000 plus TTL.

This was a cash offer. The 0% financing at 60mos was on the table at $32,000.00 but off the table at $30,999.00

It will be interesting to see what Roswell Mazda says with my experience with Hennessey.
    Roswell of Mazda couldn't beat Hennessey.
    Their best offer was $31788.00 not including $795 and processing fee was $100 more.
    Jim Ellis also couldn't beat it. They stayed at $33,100.00 not sure about processing fees or destination. They did say this was with 0%/60mos

I wonder if visiting the dealerships at the end of the month would be better.....this is what Ive heard anyway.

Im starting to think Hennessey is the best at least on the day I went. No one wants to give you a copy of their offer.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    PCannon,

Did you get the Mazda?
    Sounds like Hennessy is the cheapest.
    We are looking t purchase a GT AWD.
    I wonder if the pricing they gave you would be similar to the AWD?
    Also, I would like to get the 0% APR too.
    So far No.
    Hennessey appears to be the cheapest but all other dealers suggest there is something they're not telling me with their offering. There's no telling if that offer is still available as it was only "for that day".

Im not in any rush and will wait a few weeks closer to then end of the month before i purchase.

There isnt many AWD at the Atlanta dealerships. There wasnt any at Hennessey. I think your going to pay about $1500 more for it.

Also you wont get the 0/60 finance with the offers I recieved as they were cash prices. Mazda isn't going to loan free money unless they are getting more for the vehicle.
    Take a look at the customer reviews at dealerrater.com for Hennessy Mazda. Their average score is 1.8 which pretty low. Not saying that I certainly wouldn't try to deal with them but would be very cautious. Read and check everything you sign.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If you recently purchased a car and got a better loan than you expected, please email pr@edmunds.com to talk with a reporter about it. Please respond with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• schnu44schnu44 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at the 2011 CX9 AWD Touring edition, with moonroof. 42 month lease, 1k miles/month.

The dealer told me MSRP 36,312, Adj Cap cost 33,416 (includes 1,200 reduction in lease incentives), residual 52%, lease factor .000121. Live in Nassau Cty in NY, so sales tax is at 8.625%

For zero down (including throwing the sales tax into the financing), total would be 469/month, so about 425/month on a pretax basis. Naturally, he said that he could "work" to bring down that number further.

He told me for the 0% for 60 months, I'd lose the 1,200 discount for lease incentives, so his first offer for purchase would be 34,600.

The price seems like a decent first offer, but I feel like I'm missing something