Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Acadia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    I recently tried to buy one of these. GM thinks they have a real winner around here, but I did not get sucked it. Most I could get off sticker was around $2k. Their lease rates are insane....as in, I could lease a Volvo and have money left over for a Harley. If you lease one of these, you have got to be nuts.

Also, I am ticked because GM would only allow me to use $1k rebate from my GM card eventhough I have $3500 on it.

So, I ended up with an equally equipped Pacifica. Not my first choice, but I drove off the lot for $12k less then the Arcadia I wanted. Looks like I am getting the Harley too - LOL
  • Options
    jeff95tajeff95ta Member Posts: 2
    I'm seeing two different base prices for the SLE-1, either $31,990 or $32,500 (both include destination). Some window stickers from the GMC site show one price, others show the other. I thought there was a price increase, but the earlier VIN number has the higher price, and a later has the lower price, and an even later has the higher price.

And even weirder is the "Build your GMC" portion of the GMC website. When you get to the choose color screen, the base price changes from $31,990 to $32,500 (with the default Summit White color). If you choose a different color, then go back to Summit White, the price changes to $32,500.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Am I wrong that the VIN numbers are sequential, and that higher numbers are built after the lower ones, so maybe there was a price increase? :confuse:
  • Options
    This is a very confusing process, so you are not alone. GMC is not the only one either that makes this tricky. You may have simply selected a color that has an added charge for the special paint.

Sometimes you have to just dive-in, buy the thing, and not look back - lol

No one ever gets a good deal on buying a new car. Anyone who says they did, is just in denial. It's all about damage control and minimizing the losses - lol
  • Options
    jeff95tajeff95ta Member Posts: 2
    It was for the same color. I had sent a message to GMC and received a phone call (on a Sunday of all days!) stating that they saw the same problem on their website and were escalating the call response.

I still don't know why there are different prices on the window stickers, but at least it's a start.
  • Options
    65sportfurious65sportfurious Member Posts: 2
    I am going to pick mine up on Tuesday. Am paying $800 UNDER invoice for a SLE.
  • Options
    Enjoy the truck and sounds like a good price. Was this price before or after rebates? On the more equipped models, it seems to be much harder to negotiate at least around here.
  • Options
    65sportfurious65sportfurious Member Posts: 2
    It was a not very well equipped model (perhaps thats why we could negotiate?). Since it comes standard with everything we need, we specified an SLE-1 with no options. We originally had been quoted invoice (28,545) with $300 under invoice plus the $500 rebate, for a total of 27,745. However, as luck would have it, after agreeing on a price and showing up the next morning the dealer had sold the truck that we agreed upon, so we got one with an additional trailer package for the same price. The trailer package adds approx $475, which means we ended up getting our Acadia for approx $1275 under invoice. We purchased ours from a dealer in southern california
  • Options
    bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    Hi,
    So I am more of a Saturn Outlook fan and was looking for the "Prices Paid..." in the Saturn section but found none. I recently purchased an Outlook and just wanted to share my experience with you Acadia fans.

Mod, could you please creat a "Saturn Outlook Prices paid...." discussion, please?

December 29, 2007 I drove to Los Angeles to make a deal on my Outlook. Was able to negotiate invoice pricing.

Purchased a 2008 Saturn Outlook XR
    Silver exterior with Ebony interior
    8-passenger / cloth seats.

Options:
    Trailering pkg
    Navigation with ‘backup camera’
    Convenience Pkg (Remote start and
    Power lift gate)

Price: MSRP Invoice
    30,190 28,530
    Opt Equip
    UZR TouchScreen 2,340 2,176
    Navigation

PCU (with UZR) 685 637

PDC Conv Pkg 870 809

V92 Trailering Pkg 425 395

Destination Charge 735 735

Total with Options 35,245 33,282

I offered 33,200 before the $500 Discount.

Price paid: $32,700.00 before taxes.

They wanted to add $695 for ‘paint protection’, $195 for ‘pin stipes’ and $350 for “marketing fee’. I said no to all these.

Saturn of Torrance was great.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,201
    Mod, could you please creat a "Saturn Outlook Prices paid...." discussion, please?

Hey.. we have one of those!

Saturn Outlook Prices Paid and Buying Experience

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    08blackrt08blackrt Member Posts: 10
    I made several attempts to get a price quote on a basic AWD Acadia from the 3 dealers in my area by email. I had bought my last vehicle this way, and really liked it. That was in '03, and I thought it would be possible again. Nope! One place sent me bizarre replies with no price whatsoever, not even a mention, and the two others gave me about $200-300 off sticker, and they were mostly loaded up. Neither of them would budge, and one place told me they didn't normally do dealer trades (I had found one about 100 miles away exactly as I wanted it). I was recovering from knee surgery, and I even hired a guy to negotiate for me, and he tried to work out a deal on an Outlook and an Acadia, and basically got nowhere. They only wanted to sell me what was on the lot for a little off sticker, and that was it. I was offered a Vue for a great price though at the Saturn place, but it's too small, and I really didn't like it. The place that never gave me a quote sent me a message later asking if I had made a decision based on the "quotes I sent you before". As soon as I mentioned this to the car buyer, he laughed and said her name. Apparently, she's famous for this kind of stuff.

One of the cars on my list was a Dodge Charger, and that's what I wound up with. So far, I'm very happy with it, and got it for about 5K+ less than any AWD Acadia or Outlook I could get. The hemi is a a lot of fun too. Maybe an Acadia next time!
  • Options
    bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    Hi,
    kyfdx -
    "Saturn Oulook: Prices paid and...."

thanks for the heads up. But, it would be great if it actually showed up under the "Saturn Outlook" section. This way, we wouldn't have to go searching for it. :blush:

Any ways, I am enjoying my new '08 Silver Outlook XR and just want to inform everyone you CAN get a deal on them also.
  • Options
    maylhmaylh Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for a SLE with a convenience package or SLT1. Anybody can advise what price I shall expect?
  • Options
    josbudjosbud Member Posts: 1
    Need your help!!

I am ready to commit to an Acadia, in Northern NJ. It is an FWD - SLT basic model. The only add-on is a DVD player.
    MSRP of 33160
    My price is about 32600

$2500 down - total (includes tax, title, destination, etc.)
    400 month
    39months
    10K miles

Is this a good deal???
  • Options
    asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    I went through the Acadia vs Outlook debate last June. I was in the market for a 7-8 passenger vehicle when I learned of the "new" Acadia. It had just come out and Buick announced the Enclave. I really liked the Acadia, but the dealers in NY/NJ area were only discounting $500 if that. I learned about the Outlook on this forum. Never had stepped foot in a Saturn dealer before, mind you, I car shop for recreation. Well, The Outlook was basicallty the same car, same warranty, priced $1500 less. I then took delivery of a demo with 1500 miles. All said, I bought a basic XR AWD for $27000. Very happy with the Saturn experience. I still look at the Acadia on the road and am OK with the fact that I got my Outlook for about $3000-3500 under the Acadia sticker. The only concern I have is resale value of Outlook vs Acadia later on.
  • Options
    baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    Paid $49 over invoice minus $500 Conquest rebate. Buckles Motors in Urbana, Ohio which is 1 hour from Columbus, OH. Tim Ruggles was our salesperson. Very good buying experience.

Leased an Acadia SLT-2 AWD in Summit White.
  • Options
    What about the rest of the details? You said this was a lease. Paying $49 over invoive or $4,000 under invoice is meaningless if the payment is $800 per month. Can you tell us more?
  • Options
    Here is my deal:

39 month 12K miles per year
    7.25 GMAC lease rate (new today Jan. 8)
    62% Residual Value

MSRP: 40660
    Invoice: 37562
    Conquest Rebate: - $500
    Dowpayment on Order: - $200

$595 lease aquisition fee (GMAC)
    $150 Doc. fee
    $120 (tax, title, license blah, blah, blah)
    $525 Lease protection plan (protects up to $2000 worth of damage)

Payment is $568 per month with nothing down except first payment.

Interesting -- this is the exact same monthly payment I had on a 36 month lease on a 2002 Yukon which I leased 6 years ago in 2002 for around $33000.
  • Options
    yankee26yankee26 Member Posts: 7
    We just bought an Acadia today in Jacksonville, FL
    2008 Acadia SLT 2 Silver Metallic color
    DVD, navigation, back-up camera, Bose, moonroof and extended skylight, leather, windshield display, heated washer fluid, pinstripe, Zilon paint program, door edge guards, pretty much everything you can get except the 19 inch wheels and towing package....

We put $3,000 cash down and purchased an additional 2 year warranty (5 years, 100,000 miles total) for $2,200...had a trade in that we owed $12,500 on and they gave us $11,000 for it which was blue book value, we had checked prior.....

Purchase price of car $41,963, MSRP was $42,774...$599 dealer cost
    Financing at 6.75%, 84 months, $670 a month
    We actually walked out because we wanted $650 a month and came back after eating lunch....seems like we did pretty good, but not positive..any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Options
    ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Why would you finance a car for 7 years? The car will be rusting in the junkyard by the time you pay it off.

Plus, I can't believe people pay anything near MSRP for a GM. Or any car.
  • Options
    Yankee, do you really want to hear the truth???? I agree with the post above!
  • Options
    ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    At least he didn't get the undercoating! Geez, these GM dealers have one vehicle rated decent by consumer reports and they go nuts.

Also why retroactively validate a deal? Did I get a good deal? You can't undo it if you've signed and more than a certain number of days have passed? If you have to ask you haven't.

Always better to walk away and shop around. Car dealers aren't exactly wallowing in customers nowdays no matter what they say.
  • Options
    Yes I would like the truth...there is always refinancing as an option down the line for a lower interest rate and if we keep it for 5 years and then trade it in we should be able to get an amount extremely close to what we owe if not exactly....I am on this site to make sure we do it correct next time...I can handle the truth :)...I just didn't want to lease and I wanted a 5 year warranty...it is a done deal so no I can't go back but do want to learn for next time so please don't beat me up too bad as I am not as smart as all of you when it comes to car buying.... did I pay too much close to the MSRP? Should I have put no money down? I know its too long a finance period, but I figure I can refinance as I mentioned....I had a sports car trade-in and my wife is pregnant and we needed an SUV/crossover so that had something to do with it as well
  • Options
    My friend, it is a good deal indeed, a great deal in fact, if you and you wife love the car and you keep it for a nice, long time. Buyers remorse is common. In fact, in some states, you can legally change your mind and have the deal undone within 6 days.

So, either go forward, or undue the deal and start over. I am of the opinion that no one ever really gets a "good" deal especially where a trade is involved anymore....someone is always making money on your back.
  • Options
    Yankee, didn't mean to make you regretful of your purchase but if you want to learn from it, that's great. If you love the car, then it's a good deal to you. However, it's better to ask for advice and do your homework before you sign the papers.

When I started taking over the car buying/leasing/selling/trading about 6 years ago due to my husband's complete lack of patience or interest in the process, I learned tons of things about the whole process from this great website as well as others. Do board searches on info you are interested in and also google searches -- it's amazing how much information is available for car buyers these days. I told my husband that I don't know how people ever bought cars before the info was available on the internet.

Anyway, without completely researching your deal, I can offer these tips.

1) Find the Invoice price and True Market Value Price of the car on Edmunds -- this is easy to find if you click on the New Cars tab on the front page of Edmunds. Then read the message board to see what others are paying. Negotiate from the Invoice price -- not the MSRP.

2) If you need to finance your car over such a long period such as 84 months, you need to ask yourself a tough question -- can you really afford the car?

3) Find the Trade-in value of the car you are getting rid of so that you know if what the dealer is offering for your trade-in is fair.

4) Do not purchase pinstripes, paint protectants, fabric protectant and all the other add-ons. This is all pure profit for the dealer and little benefit to you.

That's all I can think of right now before my first cup of coffee -- anyone else want to jump in with advice? ;)
  • Options
    Thank you water dr and baseball mom......I really appreciate it.....we do really love the car but now realize we could have done better...I really want for next time to be able to go into a dealer and just say this is what i want to pay for this car and lay it out and know in advance if it is a good deal..thanks again....
  • Options
    Glad to help, Yankee. By they way, are you a Yankees fan? Red Sox fan here but still glad to help you out!!

Enjoy your car and good luck with the baby that you and your wife are expecting!
  • Options
    baseballmom....I'm a Yankee fan, but hey there is enough room for Yankees and Red Sox fans in this world right :)..congrats on the 2007 championship....its now time for the Yankees to add #27..thanks again for the car advice....the car has been great and we are so looking forward to the baby :blush:
  • Options
    ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27
    Here is some information for anybody who can use it.
    I have an actual invoice on a 2008 SLT-2 AWD with an MSRP of 41470.00 It has sunroof, 19" ultra bright wheels, head-up display, trailering pkg.
    Invoice is 38907.23 including 407.35 in co-op advertising.

Hold back is 1222.05 which the dealer gets even if you purchase at invoice.

The invoice is dated 10/07 so prices may be higher now.

I work at a new car dealership, but it is not a GM dealer.
    Zylon? costs us 75.00 plus the labor to apply. Fabric protector is probably the same cost.
    Interest rates are about 5.5% for 60 months with good credit. This does not include the special rates given by the different manufacturers.

I am a car nut and purchase at least one new vehicle a year. I know that each time I buy, the dealer makes money. My only defense is to arm myself with as much info as possible
    On another post I will give details on my quest for an Enclave or Acadia.
  • Options
    rphmanrphman Member Posts: 29
    I have an offer on the table for an 08 acadia with the following:
    SLT2
    DVD system
    Sunroof
    Towing package
    2nd row bench

MSRP $41,540
    Invoice $38,623

Selling price $37,672 +tax, title and $150 document fee....
    Incetives were $500 and conquest $500 (non gm trade)

What do u guys think???

Wade
  • Options
    alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    is it safe to say that you can pretty much get an Acadia for approx. $1000 under invoice now a day? I'm in the SF bay area in CA. Also, is it still true that you can get a similarly equipped Acadia less than an Outlook? thanks.
  • Options
    maylhmaylh Member Posts: 9
    at end of Jan. in Houston. Incl. 6.25% tax, $2000 promotion and TTL. 5.5% financing for 3 years. maylh@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    jake_99jake_99 Member Posts: 1
    Bought mine loaded @ 43K (included 2K of GMC incentives).
  • Options
    kcejakekcejake Member Posts: 4
    We have looked at the SLT-2 AWD in Metro-west Boston. The dealer has given us the following offer:

SLT-2 AWD White Diamond Tricoat, Ebony Interior (2,2,3 seating)
    Audio System with Navigation, Audio Controls in rear
    Trailering Package
    Rear Entertainment
    HUD
    Sunroof
    HID

MSRP: 46,170
    Our price: $43,074 ($200 over invoice, includes $908.70 advertising charge and $735 destination charge and subtracts $500 for Conquest Cash)

Still can't decide if it is worth the $5-8k or so more than just going with a minivan, but it really seems like a nice car. Just wish there would be some discounts for President's Weekend. Thanks for your thoughts.

Kim
  • Options
    prw01prw01 Member Posts: 6
    We drove an hour away and let me say it was well worth the trip! Smooth and easy sale! Got my numbers before from the Internet Manager at the Dealer. I highly recommend that.

SLT-1 Silver Metallic, Ebony Leather Interior, 8 Passenger
    Convenience Package
    Rear Entertainment

MSRP: $35,690
    Selling Price: $ 32,080 (with $1000 Rebates)

$1000 Rebates: $500 Auto Show & $500 Conquest Cash
    My $2000 Certificate applied as Cap Costs Reduction
    Lease @ 39 months, 12 k for $445.67 a month. Absolutely ZERO out of our pocket. We will take care of our existing old lease on our own which we have 3 payments left. The 2k GM Coupon made this DEAL for us!

There were no advertising fees from this dealer which saved us more.
  • Options
    shoeymisshoeymis Member Posts: 12
    What is this $2000 Certificate/Coupon you are talking about? We are planning on getting a SLT1 next week and let me say $2000 off would definitely make my day.
  • Options
    Hi,

Apparently GM knew we had a lease that was ready to end and they mailed it as an incentive to get into one of their cars. It sure worked! We used it to cover cap costs rather than them handing us a check to pay off our Volvo Lease. Did not want payments added into Acadia. We timed it just right as if we paid one more lease pmt on Volvo we would not have gotten the full $2000. So if you currently have a Lease that is how you receive this certificate. We are sooo pleased to be into Acadia and out of the Volvo Xc-90! Do your homework and get quotes from alot of dealers like we did. We knew it was a good deal where we purchased from. We had this offer on the table Saturday and decided to stop 1 more dealer before we traveled the hour to get it. We told them our deal and they practically laughed at us and said "Good Luck". We tried to see if we could get lower payment on their SLE White Diamond which was 2k less than the SLT-1 we bought! They gave us a $475 payment. We walked! The sales manager called my house this morning saying they want to earn our business. Too late! Can't wait to pull into their dealership with our new SLT-1 that they thought we would not get! :)
  • Options
    shoeymisshoeymis Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I probably won't be able to track down one of those certificates. They didn't happen to send you two did they? :D
  • Options
    Sorry .... No they just sent us 1. :cry: Good Luck!
  • Options
    mseningenmseningen Member Posts: 27
    How much off invoice before rebates can one reasonably expect to achieve?

thanks,

M
  • Options
    cravenfancravenfan Member Posts: 11
    2007 AWD SLT1, bought last July...custom order...paid invoice, plus got free roof rails and all weather mats and cost on a cargo mat. Due to it coming in a few weeks late, I also got a $250 gift card for the extra wait. I also got a kick butt trade on my 99 Yukon with 160,000 miles = $5,500! I feel great about my deal and nearly a year later, besides the issues I had on my manual lumbar support, I've been very, very happy with my purchase. :blush:
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Vehicles in this mpg range like trucks generally depreciate 10k+ from msrp 1st year. (for a 30000+ machine) In general you want about 5000 to 7500+ off msrp towards the end of the model year. Or you want within 15-20%+ of the wholesale 1 yr used value for a new one. I don't think there was an 07 acadia but check out its used value on kbb.com and nada.com if there is.

--jjf

How much off invoice before rebates can one reasonably expect to achieve?

thanks,

M
  • Options
    mig42mig42 Member Posts: 13
    Hey just wondering where in NJ did you get offered this deal? we went to 2 dealerships yesterday in Union NJ & Summit NJ and we weren't impressed with them.. one laughed at us when we said we wanted the basic SLE model with just the entertainment package added on...he said he's never heard ANYONE want 'just the basic' model.

so we're looking for dealer recommendations in North Jersey...we're in Maplewood but we're willing to drive to get a good deal.

we want SLE basic with RES package for 36 months/12000miles, zero down bar incentives

are we crazy thinking we can get this below $430??

also is it common for salesman to just NOT give u the residual or money factor..we kept getting 'its approx..etc etc'
  • Options
    ajhdaisyajhdaisy Member Posts: 2
    We just bought last week in Memphis, TN:

2008 Acadia FWD SLT-1
    White Diamond Tricoat
    Ebony leather (captain chairs)
    Dual skyscape sunroof
    Power liftgate
    Convenience pkg. (ultrasonic parking, remote start)
    Cargo pkg.
    Trailer pkg.

Total: $35,909.03 with the Supplier's Discount and $1,500 in rebates ($500 rebate and $1k Conquest).

I'm not sure that I got the best deal but I researched it alot and this is the lowest I could get. They are not moving alot on the prices, at least down here in the South!

Salesman insisted it was below invoice but I don't buy it--he even went as far to say that Supplier's Discount was below invoice...which is a lie). They have to make $$$ too, as long as they don't screw you in the process. I feel like it was pretty fair deal.
  • Options
    jchncsujchncsu Member Posts: 2
    Hi All - Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?

Location - NC
    2008 SLT-1 FWD
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: 39805 (INCLUDES 735 DEST CHG)
    CARBON BLACK METALLIC / EBONY LEATHER INTERIOR
    CONVENIENCE PKG (REMOTE START/REAR PARKING ASSIST)
    DUAL SKYSCAPE SUNROOF
    CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS
    POWER LIFTGATE
    115V POWER OUTLET
    DVD IN BOTH HEADRESTS

PURCHASE PRICE 34,867 before tax etc..
  • Options
    beachbum5beachbum5 Member Posts: 1
    Did you have any rebates or incentives? It looks like this should be close to invoice plus rebates. Do you know how much they came off msrp before any incentives? Where in NC did you find this deal?
  • Options
    jchncsujchncsu Member Posts: 2
    beachbum5 - 1000 gmc loyalty rebate + 500 incentive rebate. Car was bought in Raleigh.
  • Options
    alvamalvam Member Posts: 3
    Here is mine:

MSRP = $47,015
    Sold = $42,000

* SLT-2 - AWD
    * 19" Ultra Brights Wheels
    * HUD
    * HID
    * Dual Sunroof
    * Trailer/Tow Package
    * Navigation System
    * Entertainment System - DVD
    * White Diamond Tri-Coat
  • Options
    sak5150sak5150 Member Posts: 2
    2008 SLT-1 FWD

Liquid Silver Metallic

C3U-Sunroof
    E61-Liftgate-rear power
    PDD- Convenience Package
    U42-DVD
    V92-Trailing Provisions

MSRP-$38,830
    Invoice-$35,955

Negotiated price-$36,545 less $1,500 rebates

$35,045 plus tax and license
  • Options
    greenacresmikegreenacresmike Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what the current conquest rebate on Acadia is right now?? I thought it was $500 but was hoping it went up with current GM loyalty rebate offers.
  • Options
    thomasw98thomasw98 Member Posts: 29
    They have to make $$$ too, as long as they don't screw you in the process.

"Below invoice" does not mean below their real net cost. The so-called invoice that these dealers use (and you can look up on Edmunds) is filled with hidden profits for them. So oftentimes, you can buy good cars for $300-500 below invoice. Slower sellers go for $1000-1500 below invoice. End of Year leftovers can go even lower than that. Of course, there is a lot of variation according to car type and date of transaction, but those are general rules of thumb to consider.

You should also keep in mind that Edmunds TMV pricing looks "tough", but car dealers would be in heaven if they could do deals at the TMV price all day long. (Note all the automobile advertisements on this website...strange the car companies are not angry with Edmunds for this "aggressive" TMV pricing...hmmmm ;) )