Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Audi A4

Comments

• byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    You might be thinking of the S Line option, which is only available with the prestige edition. My Avant should be here in a couple of weeks (prem + sports package).

Jase,

What did you pay over invoice? That is a good indicator of how well you did. But one problem with that is whether or not you leased your car or paid cash and/or had a trade. It's never just a black and white issue. There are other factors beyond that number you gave. But don't sweat it. Just saddle up and drive off.
  • bandfanbandfan Member Posts: 10
    Planning on buying an 09' 6-speed manual A4 2.0T Prestige trim, red with black interior. No additional options. Heard they won't be available until at least end of Feb. or early March. Have been contacting a few dealers locally to get quotes ahead of time but only one has given me a price that's in the reasonable ballpark range (i.e., $1,000 over invoice, but 'negotiable'). Is that a good idea, or should I wait til they get some in stock before really start the negotiation process?

Also, I plan to pay for the car with cash...will I get a better deal if I disclose that up front or wait til I get the quote I want? I also have a Schwab credit card that pays 2% back on purchases, so was planning to put the car on my CC and then pay it off right away, which would help absorb the tax/destination cost.

Any suggestions about strategy to use to get the best price? My goal is to stay at or below invoice.
  • kikihowkikihow Member Posts: 20
    You can do better then $1000 over invoice. If there's another dealer around I recommend you go there, tell them the offer you got and see if they can do better (get this in writing if you can). I was able to get an offercat invoice (although I chose to buy from a closer dealer for $500 over invoice)

Also, my dealer would not let me use a CC to pay for the car (although I did use it to pay for my extended warranty - also a price negotible option - see one of my previous posts)

Good luck!
  • jase562jase562 Member Posts: 3
    2009 audi a4 premium plus + Navi + Sports Package = $37,600
    200 over invoice, or so they say .. ? is it a good price ?
    buying with cash. this price is without TAX.
    this is not quattro
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Checked with Audi USA. They confirmed the 18" sport package in FWD with prem plus.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Out of curiosity, what is the MRSP?
  • jase562jase562 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP is $39,475
  • byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    That's a super fine price. Looks like it's a buyer's market in your neck of the woods (and just about everywhere else).

Here in NE Ohio the A4's seem to be moving briskly off lots, even with the sucko economy...
  • nicnacx2nicnacx2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

I got this offer from my local dealer in SoCal:

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Frontrak Premium

Added Options:
    Bluetooth
    Audi Music Interface
    Sports Package

MSRP: $34,825
    Invoice: $32,XXX

The dealer is willing to offer me this:

$30,XXX (apparently about $2k below invoice)

18k miles per year
    36 month term
    $1,000 total due at signing

$716 per month after taxes(including the prepaid maintenance)

I know that monthly payment seems really high, but i am also financing an additional $4,842 into the price of the lease…this is what it will cost me to get out of my lease with Acura. Instead of writing the check up front, i think i would rather finance it into the payment.

I hope that wasnt too confusing…please let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    The dealer gets cash, yours, the banks, AFS or where ever.

The fact that you may come in with a suitcase full of cash vs some other method is probably a big yawn.

In fact, if you pay cash, the dealer may be shorted up to 1/4% of his revenue -- meaning you may actually pay MORE out of your pocket.

Paying for a car, fully in cash, also may net you a higher price (even though it is technically not supposed to.)

Why not win all the way around?

Finance the car, let the dealer get his spiff, make one payment, then pay the whole note off.

Unless of course there is a prepayment penalty -- hard to imagine, but NOT impossible.
    Thanks for the advice...didn't think of that. I could always finance with my credit union where I have my mortgage, pay for the car w/ a cashier's check. The whole goal of using my credit card though, is that I get 2% back, saving me around $750-800. I don't think I would get the 2% back if did a credit card balance transfer (to pay off the auto loan). I believe its for direct purchases only.

Bummer....only reason I applied for a $40k credit limit.
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    I just took my first test drive of the new 09 A4 and I have to admit I was very "underwhelmed". I loved the styling and the extra room in the new model is great. I test drove the front wheel drive 2.0 turbo and felt that the car was really underpowered and the engine a little noisy. I did not have time to drive either the 2.0 quattro or the 3.2. Has anyone driven both the front drive and the quattros that can give me some feedback for comparison? I've never owned a turbo so I'm not used to the hesitation at low rpms. I had a 02 A6 and now drive a Acura TL and love the acceleration of both of those cars. I thought I'd start with the base engine on the A4 and work my way up. Am I being too hard on the 2.0L engine?
  • rascal99rascal99 Member Posts: 54
    The 2.0t may be turbocharged but it is still a small displacement 4 cylinder engine. You are compairing this to cars with V6 engines. There is going to be a difference in power delivery and feel. Of course, the 2.0 will provide for a lighter, more responsive car, with better gas mileage. Cars are all about trade offs, so it depends on where your priorities lie. And yes, the 2.0t has always been a bit noisy, with a sound sort of like a diesel. I was hoping they cured the noise issue with the new model but it appears they have not.
  • mpzmbampzmba Member Posts: 2
    I am in CT and considering the following -- A4 Quatro with Premium Plus and 18" Sport. What is reasonable? Dealer quoted $1500 discount to which they add back $499 Doc Fee. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Rascal, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize I'm comparing apples to oranges with 4 cylinder vs. 6 cylinder, but I was really surprised at just how weak the 2.0 liter was. After all, it is an Audi ;-) Seriously, I realized during the test drive that I'd have to drive to the 3.2. I was hoping (dreaming) that I could get a solid Audi for under $40k... I've moved past that daydream and am back to reality. I'm looking forward to driving the 3.2, but honestly am not a fan of the quattros. I don't need an all wheel drive car (I get about an inch of snow a year and a couple inches of rain) and you mentioned trade offs, Audi's are heavy to begin with, add the extra weight of the quattro and they're almost always the heaviest car in the lot. Anyway, enough of my rant. Any other feedback on driving experiences from the 3.2? I'm looking at the Lexus ES and possibly the Benz C-class. Thanks for the feedback.
    I also found the 2.0T quite unimpressive in the automatic. Which is one of the main reasons I'm holding out for the 6-speeds. In my experience, the same engine in a stick is way more "powerful" because you have so much more control with the clutch and when to shift, etc.

That being said, even with more power, I could never be satisfied driving a 3.2L in an automatic. It really sucks that manual transmission is becoming a thing of the past, unless its a tiny little coupe or super expensive sports car. From what I've seen, Acura, Audi, Lexus, etc. don't make their V6 in anything except automatic transmission...boring!. Sports sedans are meant to be driven, not automated, IMO.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    Many car dealers won't take a credit card for a new car purchase. The reason you can get 2% back from the cc company is that the seller pays a fee to them to use their services, and depending on the agreement, it can often be larger than the 2%, your bank doesn't do this for free, and the auto dealer doesn't want to pay the large fee. Service is one thing, but a car is another.
    Have you looked at the Infiniti G37? I think they have a V6 with a manual transmission. I'm not positive, but I think I saw that as an option.
  • kinctkinct Member Posts: 59
    I agree! In my latest round of car shopping, pre-requisite #1 is the transmission. Manual only please. While the "tiptronic/DSG" transmissions are excellent from a performance perspective (read: on paper), they are substantially more complex / exotic, and hence more likely to break and when they do - $$$$. I have never had a manual transmission or clutch go bad - and have had cars go 225k, 213k, 195k miles.

And don't get me started on pure automatics... :-)
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    Thoughts on this deal ?

this is the deal i just got off the phone with.. wonder if G can help me !!

A4 2.0quatrro premium plus
    15,000 miles
    36 months
    MSRP= $38,000
    INVOICE= $35734 (he told me he was giving it to me for $36,000)
    told by the dealer the following : MF= .0009 Residual = 50%
    (saw on another board the MF = .00104 and residual of 49%

$575 per month ( i thought if i can get him to $550.. i'd jump)

drive off is 1st month, bank (625) and NYS reg (200)

Any helps would be much appreciated
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    I just did a similar deal at 645.00 with sports package, Audi Care, and Nav. Your deal sounds very good. I did not squeeze since the salesman spent allot of time with me. You got more off MSRP than me. I suppose if you just call up or deal with an Internet salesman you get the best price. I took two test drives today and one last month. Ordered my perfect set up for April delivery. If you want a bargain go to Infiniti for a leftover 2008 G35 or Caddy for a CTS (sale only). Audi is pretty firm on their dollars.

My co-worker leased a 2008 G35X, no Nav for 385.00. They have so many 2008s they don't show the 2009 G37 sedans. (better tranny & motor) That's a great deal and you will never have a repair. Just hope gas stays low.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I think anyone who is underwhelmed with the 2.0T is in the minority

The new 09 2.0T is quite impressive to me. With nearly 260lb ft of torque, it's no doubt better than most V6's out there. BMW and MB's standard V6's can't match that. Even Audis own 3.2 with 265 hp has 243lb ft of torque. The 2.0T is probably one of the best motors on the market right now.

All of that torque is available under 2000 RPM, and you can really feel it around town.

I've got an A6 with a 350 hp V8 and love power like anybody else. Every time I get in a 2.0T and slam on the gas, it makes me smile. It's a heck of a lot of fun to drive and has plenty on punch to me.
    rjlaero,
    I'm a big Audi fan and agree that on paper the specs on the 2.0 seem to match up against other engines, but from a drivability perspective it's hard to compare a small 2 liter to a larger V6. Maybe it would have performed better if I had stomped on it like you referenced. I did normal city and highway driving without really pushing it from a hard stop to see what the raw acceleration would be. For normal city driving it didn't do so well at low speeds (stop and go traffic). It's still a great engine, and arguably my expectations were too high. I miss my A6 and probably need to move up to the 6 to get what I want. I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who has driven both the 2.0 and the 3.2. Thanks.
  • pauleepaulee Member Posts: 2
    I'm confused about the TMV pricing on the Audi autobuilder.

The prestige package has a price of $6909 and the navigation has an optional price of $2,326. It is my understanding that the prestige package INCLUDES the navigation system. Is this correct?

I was quoted $41,942 for an A4 2.0T quattro (auto) with the prestige package.
    Does this seem high or in line with TMV?
    From PBS's MotorWeek to Car and Driver to AutoWeek and on and on and on, including Ward's Best Engine of the year (one of the 10 for '09), the current, B8 Audi 2.0T receives praise for:

Smoothness
    "undetectable" lag
    Nearly weapons grade torque
    Economy
    Emissions

It also is reviewed as being the quicker of the two US versions of the A4 quattro, in some tests by OVER 1/2 second. The 3.2 is a great engine, but its main characteristic is it sounds good under part throttle. Both sound good at full cry, but the edge on "sweetness" goes to the 3.2.

If you found the 2.0T underpowered, you will not be pleased with the 3.2 between rest and 80+ MPH.

I have a theory, based on your post: you drove a front wheel drive version with the CVT transmission, which imparts an entirely different feel. Further, the AWD version uses a very very quick shifting tiptronic and rear wheel drive biased AWD (40/60 f/r torque split.)

I tested four recent Audis: S5, A5 3.2, A4 3.2 and A4 2.0T. They are all desirable, based, IMHO, on trim level (I have the Prestige, 19" sport package, Nav+voice+camera, ADS, rear and side sunshades -- everything but ACC and rear airbags, that is). The 2.0T A4 is push you back in the seat quick, somewhat like the awesome S5 (somewhat, I'm not saying alike or even "close").

The reason: 258 pound feet of torque available sub 1,900 rpm. The V6 on the other hand, 243 pound feet of torque that comes on north of 3,100. The 2.0T weighs less and the engine at idle whilst you sit at that lonnnnng traffic light makes you wonder "is this thing still running" it is so silent and vibration free.

0-100KPH for the 3.2 = 6.7 seconds; 6.2 seconds for the 2.0T -- and a mile or two or three better MPG if that is of interest. Corners better, too, since the 3.2 is a smidge more nose heavy and slower to respond due to the wait to get to the higher RPM's where its max torque comes on.

Try a 2.0T Prestige, 19" Sport package (or SLine) equipped '09 A4 quattro. You shouldn't have any issues with THAT configuration.

Finally: the A4 itself is the quietest Audi I have ever had: of 29, including an A8, S6, allroad and most recently a 2005 A6 3.2.

While I may wish for a bit more torque and perhaps plus 15% more HP, I am here to testify -- the new 2.0T may be Audis best "small engine" yet.

It is easily better than my 2.7T and even better than my 1995 S6 20 valve turbo 5 cylinder, which DID have that sweet sound down pat.

The 4.2, however, at this point, is the sweetest of all, especially at full cry.

Can't wait to test the 3.0T (supercharged S4). :surprise:
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do look forward to trying out the 3.2 quattro for comparison to the 2.0. Ironic that you quote the Motorweek review, I just watched their review of the A4 and it was very complementary, and I agree that it is a very nice car. As far as part of your theory about the CVT, I'm sorry to disappoint you that I don't think that was the basis for my comments. My A6 was a CVT as well, and I actually really enjoyed the driving sensation of the smooth pull that the CVT delivered. I'm actually a little surprised that you can still get the CVT anymore, I was beginning to think that Audi was going towards quattro only and getting rid of the 2-wheel drive CVTs. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next week or so to try out the 3.2 for comparison. I'll let you know. Thanks!
  • kmelbykmelby Member Posts: 3
    Can any of you new owners of the 2009 A4's comment on how you like the new fast shifting Tiptronic? If you have driven a car with S tronic how much difference do you notice between the two transmissions.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    I'm fairly tall and long-waisted. It tweaked my interest when I saw the headroom spec on the new A4 - they say it is 40"...maybe if you could find one without a sunroof (Europe maybe, not here). My car says there's 39.6" and I have at least 2 more inches of headroom than the Audi. Bummer. Personally, I'd prefer a car without a sunroof - quieter, lighter, more room, cheaper. It's just that few luxury car manufacturers care to satisfy that desire.
  • new_to_audinew_to_audi Member Posts: 3
    Sorry I am not answering your question. I am just curious which SoCal Audi dealership you got this good price. $2k below invoice is great. Do you get this good price because you are financing? I am in the market to get an Audi A4 similar to yours too.

I believe 2009 A4 is new to US, but not in Europe. Does anyone hear anything about its reliability issue or is it just too early to tell?

Please help.
  • fglamserfglamser Member Posts: 22
    I have the 2009 2.0 Front Trak model. If you put the transmission in Drive it's a bit sluggish, but has phenomenal fuel economy. If you put the tranny in "S" the car is way quick. You have to be sure you have room in front of you when you step on it.
  • tdg1tdg1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a good SoCal Audi Dealer?? I have tried to work with Keyes and Rusnak and have not been happy with their service or lease deals on the A4. The best I could find so far is Rusnak with the following:

'09 A4 2.0, CVT, w/ 18" Sport Pkg, & Heated Seats
    MSRP = $33,725
    Down = $1250 ($750 Audi Loyalty + $500)
    Term = 36 / 10k / .25 cents per mile over
    Payment = $450 (inclusive of CA tax)

I couldn't get any more information out of them like the money factor or residual...

Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    :confuse:
    Can someone tell me how much oil is represented from the top to the bottom of the oil level bar graph display? This would be helpful to know in topping up without over filling.
  • saritasesh1saritasesh1 Member Posts: 2
    I have received the quote of $31,500 OTD for 2009 Audi A4 with bluetooth and 6,000 miles. Is this deal good?
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    You have to ask yourself, why already is this 2009 car pre-owned? Do you have a Carfax report on it?
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    What is the difference between the CVT and the 'standard' automatic that are available in the 2009 model?
    A constant velocity transmission (CVT) has no discreet gears. There is no shifting, just a changing of the gear ratio up or down as the circumstances demand. Motor scooters have used this type of transmission for years. Nissan uses it in many of its vehicles. Because there are in effect an infinite number of gears, the transmission can always be in the best ratio for power or economy. This results in excellent fuel economy. On a recent 650 mile round trip I got 35 mpg running at 70 on Interstates. On the A4 the drive selection (D) is best for economy. The sport (S) selection allows higher rpm's in any given situation that involves acceleration which allows more power. There is also a manual setting which allows the driver to shift up or down among 8 simulated gear ratios. I normally use the drive setting which results in a very smooth ride with no apparent shifting. It's like an electric motor.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    FYI, CVT stands for continuously variable transmission - in case the neighbors ask. ;)
    Thanks! My bad. We use acronyms so much that the original meaning gets lost.
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    How does it differ from the standard automatic in terms of reliability and driving experience?
    Nissan has had good luck with their version. I don't know how long Audi has used that approach.

As far as driving experience, there is no sense of shifting, only changing RPM in response to current demands. On the A4 you may choose an economy or power priority by selecting D or S with the gearshift handle.
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    I have driven the A4 2.0T quattro and the A6 3.0t quattro--all 2009. I find the interior of the A6 to be much more roomy and nicer, but the A4 was a little disappointing with the 4 banger--and it sounds like a 4 banger, which for me is a problem.

So my question is: will I like the A4 3.2 with Prestige, Nav, etc.???

Also has anyone compared the B&O audio in the A4 to the Bose in the A6?

Thanks
    I drove the A4 3.2 with sports package back to back with a 2.0 standard suspension. The purpose was to decide on the suspension option. The 3.2 was smooth and sounded good. I went for the 2.0 since most of my driving is is local. Reviewers say the 3.2 and 2.0 have the same performance. I love my daughter's VW GLI Jetta turbo-2006.

I opted for the sports package despite it being very stiff. It still was less harsh than my 2006 M35X. Audi has an adjustable suspension called drive select. I have heard good things. Audi forums audiforums and audi-forums dot com are both worth reading.

I have not heard the B&O system but the buzz is great. My wife's 3.2 is up in June. Next week we go to look at a new one and if I try a B&O I will let you know. We may well buy the 3.2 and have it certified for the 100,000 mile Audi warranty. 2.9% and a deal much less than the residual on the lease.

If you buy the B&O on the Prestige package it has a much lower lease residual than the Premium Plus. Add drive select and you are way up there $$$.

I always have doubts about the longevity of turbo engines. They may he better now though.

Did you test drive the Caddy CTS? I did not but you are being thorough. I would be curious to hear your impressions. Owners I spoke to love them. Look at one with sports, 4 wheel, direct injection. My company leases for me so I did not consider a purchase. Other wise I would have.

Maybe you can grind down the Caddy purchase price and have a third party do the lease. As a practical matter low auto lease money factors must be subsidized by the manufacturer. Their true cost of their money is tied to commercial paper rates. High residuals are also a distortion. The prices of the luxury cars are inflated to make room for these manipulations.
    I went from an all optioned (including the leather upgrade) 2005 A6 3.2 to a 2009 all optioned (everything but automatic cruise control) A4 2.0T Prestige w/19" sport package.

The interior of the 2009 felt like coming home to a 2005 A6. Now, I have driven 05 to 08 A6's, and sat in the new 09 A6 3.0T.

The size difference (wheelbase is about 1" longer on the A6) is very minimal. The width of the A6 does contribute to a slightly more spacious feeling.

Behind the wheel, the A6 does have a longer hood, but it is also nose heavy and it tends to plow through the twisties, at least compared to the new A4.

The sound of the supercharged engine and even the 3.2 that I had are nearly as sweet as the the Audi 4.2 V8. The 2.0T at full cry sounds very good -- perhaps something akin to a Porsche (sortof). At part throttle, the A4's sound is either very muted or merely OK. The thing is smooth, smooth, smooth, even though it doesn't have the sweet sounds many of us want.

Equipped with Prestige, ADS, sport package, wood, power sunshades and in tiptronic form, the A4 runs just slightly south of $50,000 without the upgraded paint (mine is white).

My outgoing A6 was $53,286. The lease payment is virtually identical, but the A4 has a 50,000 mile lease and the A6 was 45,000 -- both came with maintenance (an option these days).

The performance of the new A4 is even better than my 1995 S6 and my 1997 A8.

I love it.

The rear biased torsen and better weight distribution contribute to a more engaging driving experience than my outgoing A6.

The A4 has moved up the luxury scale considerably this year. It is, as I noted, "almost" a 2005 A6 -- missing only the ambient lighting of the A6.

But I have the in dash 6 disk CD player rather than the one in the '05 which was in the glove box.

Overall these cars are more alike than different -- but oh that Supercharged V6 -- and the driving dynamics of the A4 show the chassis of the current A6, even with that super supercharged motivator, is in need of a refreshening.

If you want more lux content -- the A6 wins and the V6 is fantastic (according to all I have read it is like the V8, which I have driven.) If you want a bit more modern performance luxury car and can justify $50 grand for an A4, well it is an obvious choice.

You can't loose with either one of these.
    Thanks for the comments. I am still confused. I drove the A4 3.2 the other day and liked it. I am waiting for leasing numbers on the 2.0, which was fine other than the fact that the engine sounds like a Toyota...I would expect with a $6000 plus price difference the numbers would be more realistic for the 2.0.

The biggest thing for me right now is the electronics. The Audi electronics are a little behind the times--no hard drive, and no nav traffic. I could live without that, but I am putting this A4 up against the Acura TL now and the TL is slightly ahead. The main advantage of the Audi here is the trunk space and overall handling, but again, it's very close.

That said, I am wondering about the B&O stereo vs. the Acura ELS package, which is VERY impressive. I heard a B&O in the A5 and was not impressed--does anyone know if the A4 B&O is tuned differently than the coupe? The rear was almost muted.....

I'll keep you all posted, but again, I can't WAIT to be rid of my M35x. I am actually returning it 3 months early and just paying off the lease I hate it and the dealership so much....but that's another story which was covered in the Infiniti threads.

Happy Eastover, everyone.
    Art:
    Audio is a personal taste. You have three months left so take your time. Listen to each. No doubt the Japanese cars give more bang for the buck and less service issues.

I opted for Audi for the fold down rear seats and good looks. Sirius vs XM. I am more of a CNBC/Howard 100/50s oldies guy on the car radio so the B&O is not for me. My wife's 2007 A4 3.2 has the Premium Plus radio and the sound is better than the M35X 14 speaker BOSE with DVD. BOSE is B.S.

Your M must be worse than mine was to eat 3-months rent. A call to Pepe Infiniti in White Plains would be worth it. I think Tom was the service manager.

VW/Audi are SOB's on the minor dings on lease termination I am learning re the Jetta. Their inspector much have be trained in Ingolstadt at headquarters..

Pluses & minuses.

Enjoy the holiday. Matzoh is allot more fattening than it tastes.

Barry
    OK now here's a couple of questions--

Are the rear view mirrors (inside and out) on the A4 electrochromatic (dimming)?

Are the outside mirrors heated?

Thanks

And yes Barry, my M is horrible--drivetrain issues they can't fix, and interior buzzing noises due to that where the service manager told me to "turn my radio up". The sooner I am away from that car the better off I will be.

Pepe is way to far for me--I am on Long Island.
    I am starting to lose patience here....by the time Audi finally gets them, I might as well hold out til the end of the year and get their closeout end of the year sale...this is getting ridiculous!

I just. can't. drive. an automatic.....(yawn).....
    All three mirrors are electrochromatic.

The outside mirrors are heated and the right mirror auto dips when the car is put into reverse.

The B&O system, for my tastes is the best factory system ever -- however, the Acura DVD Audio (if you can find any discs) is fantastic.

The 2010 Audis will have the HDD and the 3G electronics -- which will pretty much just make them catch up with the Japanese.

I have the 2009 which, other than the backup camera, is identical to my 2005 A6's -- everything works and works well. It is not as modern as the Acura or Infiniti systems -- I also have the blind spot warning system which I thought was going to be a nothin' -- it really is a something and I am glad I have it.

The time, NOW, is passed to order a 2009 A4 -- so, ordering now will get you the upgraded electronics you may want, based on your post.

You'll also likely get some economy boosts too with the start stop system Audi has announced for the upcoming year.
    What is the timing for the 2010 Audi A4 with the new electronic systems? When will they become available?

What is start stop?

Thanks
    fglamser,
    I had A6 with a CVT and I loved it. The driving sensation is almost like being pulled by a cable... think rollercoaster (I had one person describe it like an aircraft carrier pulley but I've never taken off in an aircraft carrier so I don't know how accurate that is). It's different in a very good way. Since the transmission is continously adjusting, there aren't any noticable shifts up or down, just a nice smooth drive. On paper, the CVT should have better gas mileage and I was very happy with the average MPG on my A6. Hope that helps.