Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
Current Genesis prices paid: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid

For leasing info, go to 2015 Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• sirdrivealot2sirdrivealot2 Member Posts: 2
    Test drove the Genesis at Salem New Hampshire Hyundai. Drove one with the technology package. The salesperson told me they are selling at Invoice. But this may be just the testers they have on the lot. I did not ask what the price would be to get one in the color and option set of my choosing.
  • malberts1malberts1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to make the DVD player work while not in Park which is required for you to see video.

I know there is a way to bypass it ??
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    NOticed that my dealer still has the same three on the lot that have been there for about a month. 3 weeks ago, they were asking MSRP for them.
    With a $3,000 rebate on the Veracruz, maybe a rebate on the Genesis is around the corner. Rather than selling at MSRP, they should sell at invoice or less to get some on the road so people can see them out there.
    I would not pay anywhere near MSRP for any Hyundai. Never have for Nissan, Audi, Saab, Toyota, Mazda.
  • chicagotouaregchicagotouareg Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to lease a 09 genesis with 3.6 and premium plus package for 24 months. Does anyone know the finance rate and residual for this lease for 12,000 miles a year. I know they are currently running an incentive for 399 a month on the base model. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    Hi member or guest, I was reading other Hyundai Genesis - thread: Hyundai Genesis Vs Lexus GS 350 / post# 118 > Genesis 3.8 base for a price-quote of $30,975 include Dest.charge this dealership located in Hyland Park, illinois. This $30,975 is dealer invoice-price no/ options for base-model. Edmunds report Genesis 3.8 base sedan TMV $33K, a savings of $2,025.

Has anyone else received a Genesis sedan below $ invoice price-quote for other trims: base, premium (+) or tech-pak? and where is your location-area?

Adv. Thx.
    VeraGen
  • kenbtkenbt Member Posts: 33
    that is fair...

but i received for both the V6 and V8 with Tech Pkg- Below Invoice
    on both cars from contacts at local Los Angeles Area Dealers.
    Hey Kenbt, The Los Angeles Hyundai-Dealers gave you price-quotes, what was best below $ invoice-price on Genesis V6 Tech-Pkg?

And the best below $ invoice-price on Genesis V8 Tech Pkg?

2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan V6

Trims TMV=(true market value) $ Invoice-price
    * Base $33K $30,993
    * Prem $35K $32,813
    * Prem+ $36K $33,723
    * Tech $40K $37,363

2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan V8

Trims TMV=(true market value) $ Invoice-price
    * Base $38K $35,271
    * Tech $42K $38,911
  • craiglangcraiglang Member Posts: 3
    I got my delivery today of the New Genesis.
    WOW. The car is great.
    I was in the market for a new Maxima and almost got one.
    The dealers here quoted higher a week back now in the Saturday's Ad they had lease specials and special pricing deals.

I think I got an awesome Deal for $ 30150.00 + TTL and ended up spending lesser that what I intended to on the maxima. Let me know what you guys think.

what a Car guys its Huge compared to the maxima.

the dealear experience is something I did not like at all.
    I was there for a full day on saturday and ended up getting the Car today. WTF.
    Although I signed all the papers the credit approved the dealer had said the car is not detailed??? Its a new Car.
    Initially the dealer acted as not knowing his own Ad and wanted to sell it for the earlier price quoted last week 4 thousand more .

When I showed the Ad they were like surprised, however i saw a couple of asian families getting the same deal with the newspaper Ad in hand . BULL.

After that they made me wait for like 4 hours at one point I wanted to leave before the finance guys called me and tried to sell me extras -Lot of Bull on the car. which I declined.

I finally got the color I wanted. The Asian guys were still waiting at 3p.m. Did I mention there was no courtesy coffee except hot water and Tea bags ???
    I went in today again same bull wanted more for the extras I declined again and after 2 hours I got the car of my dreams. I am glad that I waited a week debating to buy the Maxima or the Accord.

My only complain is the none of the 3 Hyundai dealers were as good as the Nissan or the Honda dealerships.
  • msteammsteam Member Posts: 7
    Hi I bought a 4.6 with all options list $42,100.00 traded Lexus IS 250 2006 with 61000 miles for $20500 they gave me $19250 for the IS and have been very happy with the car This car was purchased in Massachusetts. Purchased 2nd week in December. Zero issues so far, have driven in dry, rain, and snow. Very happy I made the purchase
  • zone4zone4 Member Posts: 46
    Were are you located? What's the name of the dealer who sold you the car?
    Hey Ken, Thx. But I believe in time that Hyundai will hopefully gave the Genesis sedans incentives, rebates and low interest-rates (0.9% to 3.9%) like their SUV's (Tucson, Santa Fe and VeraCruz) due to high gas prices and our country poor economy. The Hyundai dealerships of southern / mid-west US states (AL, TN, MS, LA, OK, NM, AR & TX) are now receiving these incentives. soon throught-out the entire country.
    Minnesota.

http://www.rosedalehyundai.com/j/i/1703/NewspaperAds.html?mid=181039

I was able to bargain down by combining two purchases in the family.
    or you could also lease for $ 349.00 / month with $2199.00 down for 24 months.

If you lease it you can try getting it for 36 months as well. Thats what a couple of Asian buyers were trying to lock it down for.
    This way probably you can stretch the initial down for three years of joyfilled drives.
    hope this helps.
    2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan V6

Trims ~~~ TMV=(true market value) ~~~ $ Invoice-price
    * Base ~~~~~~~~~ $33K ~~~~~~~~~~~ $30,993
    * Prem ~~~~~~~~~ $35K ~~~~~~~~~~~ $32,813
    * Prem+ ~~~~~~~~ $36K ~~~~~~~~~~ $33,723
    * Tech ~~~~~~~~~~ $40K ~~~~~~~~~~~ $37,363

2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan V8

Trims ~~~ TMV=(true market value) ~~~ $ Invoice-price
    * Base ~~~~~~~~~ $38K ~~~~~~~~~~~ $35,271
    * Tech ~~~~~~~~~ $42K ~~~~~~~~~~~ $38,911
    Has anyone received Genesis sedan below invoice-price quote and where is your dealership location?

Thx.
    VeraGen
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    According to Edmunds True Market Value = MSRP.
    So Edmunds suggests that one should be paying MSRP for the car.
  • jeffreidjeffreid Member Posts: 162
    The southern region has these low APR incentives in place of the lease deals that are available throughout the rest of the country. It is not an "extra" incentive package.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Because there's not enough market data to get a TMV yet, and most dealers aren't dealing on the price of the Genesis.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Umm... What the hell is your fixation on "Asians?" What does it matter what their race was?
    Umm... What the hell is your fixation on "Asians?" What does it matter what their race was?

Around here Asians are considered Smart and being migrants to this great land they pick and choose their Investments wisely(money/ real estate/ Cars that retain value) thats the general perception, I have no intention to bring discredit to this forum or Asians or migrants living in my country.

I am sorry if I hurt anyone.

Please continue with contributing your opinions.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Below is the link to the original prices paid and buying experience thread for the Genesis. I see the reason it wasn't listed in the Genesis section, as that thread was started in the Prices Paid and Buying Experience section:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f1abe80/11!make=Hyundai&model=All&ed_make- index=.f1abe80

Mods: perhaps we should merged the and have a placeholder in both areas so forum goers can see the thread from visiting either area.
  • sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    Here are the lease quotes I received on the 3.6 with just Premium pkg (24 months, 12k miles):

Dealer A: $2200 down and $419.99/m for 24 months.

Dealer B: $1030 down and $524 for 23 months

Since I won't be doing anything until my current lease is over in Novemberf I didn't attempt any negotiations.

Hope this helps.
    Just checked and my dealer has one 2007 (new) Azera and three Genesis'. These same three have been there a month or so, base, Premium Plus and Technology.
    Demand/inventory/pricing probably varies by region of the country ... so it would be helpful to identify city or state when we post info.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    My local dealer has only the demo Genesis, every Genesis the dealer has received is gone. Additional units are on order, fortunately.
    My local dealer (Central FL) now has 17 Genesis (2 Premium & 15 Premium Plus).
    They had none in early August.
  • traderjtraderj Member Posts: 39
    Tom17,
    Can you tell me which dealer in Central Florida has 17 Genesis. I live in Miami, and the dealers here stink! I would be happy to go upstate to get one. Thanks!
    Coastal Hyundai in Melbourne. Just look at their web site. Good luck !!!
    A couple of years ago as owner of two Toyotas, I got a special offer from the Toyota dealership. Took the letter and the newspaper ad for the day offerring special trade in deals to them and wanted to make a deal on an Avalon Limited. They reduced it by 1K off MSRP and trade in on a Camry in great shape was KBB fair, not even good. That's why I am drivng an Azera today.
    BTW, newspaper shows 2008 Lexus LS for $58,000. That's $5,000 off MSRP for a base model. Edmunds shows cash rebates from Lexus for $4,000 on LS.
    Can the Genesis be for behind on rebates/specials? :)
  • vlad92vlad92 Member Posts: 6
    Just got back from the dealer here in Omaha. They offered me their "demo" (Black Premium Plus with 2500+ miles) at invoice ($33,723). Does anyone know how demos are priced with Hyundai? My initial thought is they can do better (it does have 2500+ miles on it after all), but that was with no negotiation on my part. Any thoughts?
  • chabowskichabowski Member Posts: 5
    Hyundai is making an effort to reach more affluent expat Koreans to consider the Hyundai brand. I've been noticing some push on local Korean papers. But if you think the general American public had image issues with Hyundai brand, you can multiply that by 10 for Koreans. They'll happily pay more for Lexus and live with less. So you may see some "coupon" style deals (or X number available for Y price, etc) published on Korean papers where you can get the Genesis at substantial savings. So if you have Korean friends, check with them first.
    The best lease deal I can find for 24 months on the 3.8 Premium Plus is $470- plus tax, with $1270- due at inception ( this is first month, bank fee and tag & title). The dealer says he is basing this deal on invoice. They are also not charging any dealer fees or other made up charges. Has anyone seen a better deal on this model? I have to make my mind up very soon. They have also told me that the residuals have changed, mostly on the base model so that it actually now costs more to lease the base than the premium plus. If this is true, I guess that means that Hyundai does not want to take back the base models, figuring they won't hold their value. They are more inclined to sell the base models and let the consumer take the depreciation hit. There might be truth to this because I have noticed that the dealers by me are no longer ordering the base models for their inventory.
    Sounds like a fair deal. I got a quote here in Ct. on just the Premium of $494/mo with similar down payment. Of course that was with no negotiation. What area are you in?
    Local Lexus dealer here in upper S.C. just sent me an e-mail offering a 2008 LS 460 with Comfort Package for $8,400 off MSRP. Last April, they wouldn't budge off 2,500 off MSRP.
    Hyundai is going to have start dropping prices on Genesis soon. :)
    I'm in South Florida, but I had to go 200 miles out of my area to get that price. However, I think the economy is headed to a very bad place. Therefore, I have decided to wait. I agree that all manufacturers will be forced to offer unprecedented discounts over the next few months. I will sit and wait for all of this to get sorted out.
  • ksmigelksmigel Member Posts: 56
    A Lexus LS 460 for 50k new is really going to put pressure on MB, BMW & Infinity, not to mention the Genesis. IMO.
    Had new shocks put on my Azera yesterday (very much improved) and the same three Genesis' are still there. Someone who had been to Genesis training said they were told that features will be added each year, so maybe some of the V8 ones will move to the V6 premium packages - if people contact Hyundai and ask for them.
    Also said they were told it is a luxury sedan and not a sports sedan.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    Just got home from an oil change on my Azera, while there, the service department got delivery of their 1st V8 Genesis -- black on black with technology package. Sticker is at $42,100. For someone interested you might want to call Arapahoe Hyundai (Centennial, Colorado) and talk to them BEFORE they add any dealers installed options.

It looks great, huge inside and LUV the 19" wheels. Got to sit in it and check it out, as they were unwrapping it from all the protective film.
  • pjkadpjkad Member Posts: 21
    I can't believe it....after 4 weeks of waiting for a car, and with a valid signed deal and deposit taken, I get a call today. My car is in and when do I want to come pick it up. I say I'll get back to them (since I had been talking to another dealer who offerred a better deal I needed to check on that car's ETA). When I call back I am told, sorry but the car has been sold to someone else!
    I have started the process of complaining up the line at Hyundai. But the reality is, a deposit on a car is no contract - for either party. I am disgusted by the energy necessary to simply buy a Genesis from Hyundai.

For all those in the NY area: this dealer is Paramus Hyundai on Route 4. The sales manager won't even take my call. Living proof of how highway automobile dealerships got their reputation. I have owned all the luxury brand cars and have never experienced anything like this.
    Sorry for the rant, put I'm pissed.
    Sorry to sound like a jerk, but if you say that a deposit is not a contract for either party, then why did you make a deal and give a deposit in the first place?

Also, why would you be upset that "your" car was sold when you were, in fact, actively pursuing other cars?

Sorry to call it like that, put it just seems like a huge double standard to be angry at the dealer when you are saying that you weren't really even locked in. How would you feel if the sales manager was bashing you in this forum for not coming in and holding up your end of the bargain?
    I take your point. But by way of further background, I only talked to another dealer after my original price changed mid-stream due to Hyundai's lease program change. But I never withdrew my offer and stuck with the higher price. I said OK to that deal this morning. The part that bugged me the most is they told me it was mine, to come pick it up, and then sold it to someone else within an hour, because they could get a better price. I know someone else in the NY area who had the same thing happen.
    What is the purpose of putting a deposit down on a car.
    You make an excellent point about the price change.

Even if it was HMFC that changed the residual, you should have been given the option to back out of your deal since it was no longer what you were quoted, IMO.

Also, if the car was sold out from under you due only to the ability to get a better price, then shame, shame, shame on your dealer. When two men shake hands there should be some level of integrity.

Sounds like your backup dealer may have a deal today!!
    Yes...another deposit has been given...and the wait begins again!
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Agreed. I never understood the deposit concept since every dealer has told me that it was fully refundable if I backed out of the deal. It's just a game. Makes the dealer happy! I wonder if anyone has actually lost their deposit in this scenario when they just back out arbitrarily.
    Depends dealer to dealer.

If I have a deal with someone that is specific to a car that is on order or that I have to dealer trade, then I have a form that both the customer and I sign stating that the deposit/downpayment is refundable ONLY in the event that the purchase is completed. This is something that they are given a chance to read before they sign, and they also get a copy of it.

No sense in going to the trouble of getting a specific car that is just for 1 person and then see them walk away. And yeah, I have cashed a few checks from people that walked away.

A refundable deposit is kind of silly. Of course, I think that is the point you were trying to make. :)
  • genesis09genesis09 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a Genesis with the tech package and was wondering if thier is a way to play the DVD player while the car is in drive, I was told by a friend that a car stereo shop could override the system but was wondering if this would void any warranties?
    It would appear that prices are dropping well below MSRP on the Genesis.

Fitzmall has several with MSRP of $36,000 for $32,631.00 plus TTL.

FitzMall Delivered :
    Internet Price: $32,631.00
    Value Price: $33,000.00
    Invoice Price: $33,873.00
    MSRP: $36,000.00
    Style: 4dr Sdn 3.8L V6
    Color: PLATINUM META/JET BLACK
    Class: 4 Door Sedan
    Model #: B0422
    VIN: KMHGC46E89U018022

FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS

(-PLUS ) PREMIUM PLUS PKG INCLUDES:
    - Lexicon 15-speaker audio system w/6-disc in-dash CD changer, pwr tilt/slide sunroof , leather-wrapped dash & door trim, integrated memory system, pwr tilt/telescoping steering column, pwr rear sunshade, rain sensing windshield wipers, automatic defogging windshield , 18" hyper silver aluminum wheels w/chrome inserts

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

EXTERIOR
    -Silver grille w/chrome accent 1176
    -Automatic headlights 1176
    -Fog lights 1176
    -Body-color heated pwr mirrors w/turn signal indicators 1176
    -Solar control glass-inc: acoustically laminated windshield/front side glass 1176
    -Speed-sensitive variable intermittent windshield wipers 1176
    INTERIOR
    -Leather seating surfaces 1220
    -Pwr heated front bucket seats w/electronic active head restraints 1220
    -Leather wrapped tilt steering wheel w/audio controls 1220
    -Supervision electroluminescent instrument cluster 1220
    -Pwr windows w/front auto up/down 1220
    -Pwr door locks 1220
    -Proximity entry w/push button start 1220
    -Bluetooth hands-free phone system 1220
    -Cruise control 1220
    -AM/FM/XM stereo w/CD/MP3 player-inc: iPod/USB/aux inputs 1220
    -Dual zone fully automatic temp control air conditioning w/cabin air filter 1220
    -Rear window defroster 1220
    -Electrochromic rearview mirror-inc: HomeLink universal garage door opener, compass 1220
    MECHANICAL
    -3.8L DOHC V6 engine 1236
    -Continuously variable valve timing (CVVT) 1236
    -6-speed Shiftronic automatic transmission w/OD 1236
    -Traction control system (TCS) w/electronic stability control (ESC) 1236
    -Rear wheel drive 1236
    -17" alloy wheels 1236
    -P225/55R17 tires 1236
    -Compact spare tire 1236
    -Pwr steering 1236
    -4-wheel disc brakes 1236
    -4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) w/electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), brake assist 1236
    SAFETY
    -4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) w/electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), brake assist 1343
    -Driver/front passenger advanced airbags 1343
    -Driver/front passenger seat-mounted side-impact airbags 1343
    -Front/rear side-curtain airbags 1343
    -Occupant classification system (OCS) 1343
    -3-point seatbelts for all seating positions 1343
    -Front seat belt pretensioners & force limiters 1343
    -Childproof rear door locks 1343
    -Emergency internal trunk release 1343
    -Lower anchors & upper tether anchors (LATCH) 1343
    -Energy-absorbing steering column 1343
    -Traction control system (TCS) w/electronic stability control (ESC) 1343
    -Shift interlock system 1343
    -Front/rear crumple zones 1343
    -Body-side reinforcements 1343
    -Hood buckling creases & safety stops 1343
    Where is Fitzmall? That sounds like a great price.
    I recently noticed that they're selling Genesis's (some) for nearly $3,500 less than sticker.

http://www.fitzmall.com/

:shades:
  • wgr3wgr3 Member Posts: 11
    There is a rebate/lease support available on a lease. I doubt you'll see retail rebates because in Hyundai's mind, and in fact if you've driven one, this car compares very favorably with the BMW and Lexus, brands not known for significant rebates. Dealers are still being limited in their orders, so rebates are unlikely,

Take a look at the history or the Lexus ls400 introduced in the early 19990's and I think you'll get an idea of the trajectory we expect for this car.