Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
Ask your Q5 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jbond3jbond3 Member Posts: 7
    What is the current MF and residual value for Q5 Premium Plus (10K or 12K)? Thanks.
  • bman33bman33 Member Posts: 85
    Looking for money factor and residual value for 36/45000 lease on Q5, plus to find out if there are any available lease cash incentives.
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    we were at an audi dealership friday and they were pushing the new incnetives for the q5Premium. $499mo. for 36mos 10K miles per year. This was the ballon with none of the upfront or turn in lease costs.
    I believe the premium plus was about $569 for the same term.
    I asked them several times about leasing and they never really answered my question. Oh yeah, we still do leasing but it seemed like from what i could determin it was higher.
    I think they were using 50% as a residual on the 36month 10K ballon deals.
  • oceanman2oceanman2 Member Posts: 4
    Black, Premium plus with Nav, 36 month lease, 15k miles per year, $3,300 total up front out of pocket, including first month's payment, title, tax, etc. etc. in NJ, $589 per month. Don't know if I did well or not, but about the same as an MDX or Infiniti FX 35 w.o nav. Just thought car was perfect size, and I can put a trailer hitch on it after market.
  • clamsclams Member Posts: 11
    Oceanman2, what dealer in NJ has this deal? What selling price and residual value did you get?
  • ny_mattny_matt Member Posts: 3
    Drove the Q5 and A4 today at a dealer in SW CT...came away loving the Q5. Drove the prestige trim line Q5 but am considering either premium with a few add-ons or premium plus. Lease quote I received:

MSRP 42325 (Prem Plus W/AMI, I think...we used a car from inventory for the quote)
    Cap Cost 40785 (salesman stated it is $1000 over invoice and he has some room to move when I am ready...for an off the cuff invoice price he takes 6% of MSRP and subtracts from MSRP)
    Resid: 50%
    MF: .00022
    $625 cap cost reduction (bank fee?)
    Audi Care $750, built into the monthly payment
    Quoted 579.42/mo, which is $20 more a month than I calculated it should be, but then adding in the Audi care at $750/36 it comes out right...

Up front costs
    First Month payment 579.49
    DMV fees 185
    DOC fees 399
    Tax on cap reduction 52
    Upfront taxes 1746
    Bank fee 625
    total up front 3587

These forums have been extremely useful to me over the years...hope others find this useful...
    I think my Cap cost was $41,894, but with tax, Gross cap cost $43,434. My buyout at end of lease I think is @ $21,300. Leased car from jack Daniels in Fair Lawn. I just looked at total up front out of pocket and monthly nut, not good with the other stuff, not a numbers guys. I hope to be able to put a trailer hitch on this car, have to see if that is possible from Uhaul or Pepboys. But now my "check engine" light is on - weird.
    The invoice on a Prem Plus with nav is $ 42,210 if your cost was $ 41,894 you bought below invoice. I have not heard of any other deals like that.
  • edwyunedwyun Member Posts: 30
    "I hope to be able to put a trailer hitch on this car"

Oceanman2. Does Audi have an OE hitch available? I am also considering the Q5 but definitely need a hitch. One that's integrated into the rear/bumper would be preferable for me than an aftermarket add-on that hangs below.
    Looks like it is a big deal to get a hitch on one of these. The dealer wants like $1,500.00, and no after market co. has this car in their computer system. :confuse:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings Bond, James Bond. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 49%, respectively. If you were to lease this truck with only 10,000 miles per year its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi bman33. Audi Financial Services is offering the same .00022 money factor on all Q5 variants, but its residual values vary by trim level. Its 36 month, 15k residuals are 49% for the Premium, 47% for the Premium Plus, and 44% for the Prestige.

The only cash incentives that I am aware of on leases of this truck right now is $500 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for taking the time to share the detailed quote that you received with everyone, Matt. Real world examples like this are always useful, particularly so on brand new models. Let us know how you like the Q5 and the dealer that you got it from if you decide to pull the trigger.

Car_man
    Host
    Ordered a Q5 Prem Plus with nav today for June delivery.
    MSRP: $45325
    Sell Price $ 43000
    Money : .00022
    Residual: .48
    36 months 15 k mi/year
    zero down
    inception fees: $3338 including tax, 1st month payment, reg fees, doc charges, bank fee, and tire tax
    Payment $ 625/month with Audi Care included in the payment
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Hi, Everyone. I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the
    Audi Care is all about and what you're paying for if you purchase this.
    Audi Care is no charge maintenance that is performed at 5k, 15k, 25k, 35k and 45k mile service intervals.If you lease the car, having it increases the residual by .01%.In my case the residual went from .47 to .48 %. That helps to offset some of it's cost. It cost me $9/month more on my 36 month lease to have it.
    If you plan on taking the car to an Audi dealership to get serviced, it will save you some money in the long run.
  • thollywoodthollywood Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have an idea what they are using for the residual and money factor on a 24 month 10k/year lease for the Q5??

Thanks!
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Clams, thanks for responding to my question. Would the maintenance just be oil changes and tire rotations, or are there more things that would be covered under the plan? It sounds a little similar to what I have with Lexus. I prepaid for my oil changes and tire rotations which are performed every 5k miles.
    I purchased the 4 year/48 month prepaid maintenance on the Lexus.
    As far as I know, the Audi recomended services performed at these intervals are oil changes, a brake fluid change, a trans fluid change, and a couple of cabin air filter changes. I did not ask the dealer, but I have read in another forum online that tire rotation is not covered under Audi Care.
  • reddingroosterreddingrooster Member Posts: 4
    Hi Matt,
    I am emailing from CT near Danbury. Thanks for the breakdown. I was offered Premium Plus lease for 39 months for 15k per year. $ 652.52 with $1752.56 out of pocket. The Premium will be $ 613.23 with $ 1709.27 out of pocket.
    What do you think? :sick:
    Please advise. How did you get to $625?

I am emailing from CT near Danbury. Thanks for the breakdown. I was offered Premium Plus lease for 39 months for 15k per year. $ 652.52 with $1752.56 out of pocket. The Premium will be $ 613.23 with $ 1709.27 out of pocket.
    What do you think? :confuse:
    Hi -- please break down the inception fees. $625 is great. I am working a deal right now to get that. But my inception fees do not come up as high as yours. If you would please, break down the $3339.
    First payment: $625
    Audi Care: $750
    then what???

Thanks. This forum really helps. :confuse:
    My inception fees are : NJ sales tax: 1618.75, 1st month payment: $ 625, Registration/ Title fee $ 262.50, Doc fee $ 199, Tire Tax $ 7.50, Bank Fee $ 625:
    total $ 3337.75 . The Audi care is in the monthly payment.
  • mcarlmcarl Member Posts: 4
    Remember - CT is different than NJ and NY. We donot pay the sales tax up front. It is charged on the monthly payment. Make sure when you get quoted the final monthly ayment includes tax, 6% on $625 is another $37.
  • jbond3jbond3 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Car man -- extremely helpful as always. Thanks to advice you provided on this forum I was able to negotiate a great lease on my new A4 three years ago.
  • daleb2daleb2 Member Posts: 8
    I know you guys are talking about leases but what were the purchase prices associated with those leases?
    Thanks for the information. According to my calculations, if I bought the car in NJ my payments would be $669. So my lease deal may not be bad. Thanks for your help.
    daleb2 read the previous posts
  • edwyunedwyun Member Posts: 30
    >Looks like it is a big deal to get a hitch on one of these.
    >The dealer wants like $1,500.00

Seems like the OE hitch is cheaper (but not cheap). Perhaps a DIY?...
    http://tinyurl.com/d5jg57
    Hi thollywood. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Q5 3.2 Premium with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00022 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, jbond3.

Car_man
    Host
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Thanks for the info, carman. Can you please post the money factors and residuals for three year leases? I'll probably do 10k or 12k a year. Much appreciated!
    Car_man-
    Thanks for the info! Let me toss a couple questions back at you real quick. The sales manager was using a .00055 and I asked him about .00022 and he said if I don't want to put any money down that he "had to" use a .00055??? Also, if I bump up to the Premium Plus does the residual go down to like 57%??
    Greatly appreciate the help!

THollywood
  • funtodrive1funtodrive1 Member Posts: 8
    All,

What are the April rates and residuals for 36 or 39 months ? Is this months program better than March, and is there any factory to dealer incentives that I need to be aware of ? Im in upstate NY, and not sure what kind of target price I should be looking for. I really appreciate anyone's help, i need to make a decision soon !

Thanks !
  • caleasecalease Member Posts: 5
    I am also curious about 36 or 39 month info on a Q5 Prestige. I am in southern California. I have noticed that Audi is advertising a lease special in other areas of the country, but not in California--any detail on this? Thanks!!
    Carman-
    What do you think about this Q5 Premium Plus Lease offer coming out of the St. Louis metro market??

The New Audi Q5 powered by quattro
    $499* lease per month for 39 months
    Now through May 4, 2009

Down payment: $1,999
    Refundable security deposit: $500
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $499
    Amount due at lease inception: $2,828
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees

*39-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 5/4/2009. Rate based on $42,325 MSRP of a 2009 Audi Q5 Premium Plus with 6-speed Automatic Transmission w/Tiptronic and Metallic Paint (includes destination charge). Purchase option at lease end for $20,316.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details.

Thanks!

THollywood
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Offer him ten dollars down :)
    I think the last thing you want to do on any lease deal is put money down up front. If the car is totaled or stolen you are out that money. I understand that the dealers are no longer taking orders for 2009 models and any new factory orders are for the 2010 model year. Try to use that as leverage to get him down.
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    i have about a year and a half left on a 36 month lease of my audi a4. is audi or any of their dealers receptive to the idea of terminating the lease early, turning in the a4, and getting into a lease of the q5? i dont simply want to roll the remaining payments of my current lease into the new lease. Or, is this entire idea too far fetched to become a reality in this lifetime?

thanks for any replies.
    jaffman, if there are no dealers receptive to your idea, there is a website called leasetrader.com. It is dedicated to people who either want to get out of a lease early, or want to assume a short term lease on a vehicle from someone like you.
  • a_q5a_q5 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP 42800
    Drive off 2500
    36m/12k
    Payment 560 including tax and Audi Care
  • gsvipulgsvipul Member Posts: 14
    Can you please post which dealership offered you this deal and the sales person you were working with.

Thanks.
    I dont think i can mention any name.
    but the dealer in Torrance, CA
    and I delt with the internet guy, i think theres only 1
    Dont ever go to the one on 605FWY(if u know the area) Exit it Firestone
    that dealer is a bunch of BS Dont waste time.
    also the one in Santa Ana gives attitudes
    I also contect the one in west covina before the california sales tax increase, the guy there told me that after the increase the lease payment will increase by 50% and want me to do the deal for the tax increase. They are a bunch BS also.
    The guy in LA is not good either...
    So i guess your best bet for gettin an Audi in southern califoria would be Pasadena and Torrance
    I didnt lease my car at Pasadena, but they sound it nice
    be firm on ur offer
    make sure its reasonable
    and remember not everyone will take it
    and it takes time
    dont make urself looks desperate
    have to be able to walk away
    good luck
    You're very welcome, crestonave. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 3.2 Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 51%, respectively. This truck's 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem thollywood. The sales manager was lying tot you. Whether or not a lessee makes a capitalized cost reduction never has anything to do with a vehicle's money factor.

The Premium Plus model's residual values are 2% lower than the Premium model's resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi funtodrive1. The A5's lease program varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in the Premium model. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00042 and 47%. This is exactly the same as the March program was.

I don't believe that Audi is currently providing any cash incentives leases of the Q5, other than $500 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, calease. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 44%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00042 and 42%. This is a national lease program, so it should be available in California.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi THollywood. This looks like an official advertised lease payment. Did you get this from Audi's website? If so, there is a good chance that you can beat it. Manufacturers' official advertised payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who shop around are usually able to beat these advertised payments.

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the Q5 that you want. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your truck's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor...which is .00022 for a 36 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • edmundstephenedmundstephen Member Posts: 5
    Sweet deal! Do you mind posting your car's specs (looks like Premium Plus, Navi, maybe premium paint color) as well as lease details (money factor, residual, security, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Premium Plus, Ice Silver with no Nav.
    36m/12k

Capitalized cost 39196.21 + Audi Care 740
    Gross Capitalized cost 39936.21
    Drive Off 2500.01 – Fees 1696.71 = Capitalized cost reduction 803.3
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost 39132.91
    Residual 50% MSRP 42800 = 21400
    Depreciation 17732.91
    Rent Charge 804.08
    Total payment 18536.99