Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• jonpriamjonpriam Member Posts: 2
    country toyota in tampa,FL had low 23K price. Although toyota has the 0% financing going on right now they said they couldnt offer the 0 fiancing and this low price together . If I wanted the 0% financing i'd have to forgo the 1.5K dealer discount.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    I got an offer of $28K drive out for Persona Series from a Austin TX dealer.. Options include tinted windows. Other options that are part of this deal is known rip off - nitrogen filled tires, premium carpet etc. This deal includes 0% financing for 3 year. Members please share your thoughts!
  • jgilliam1955jgilliam1955 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2013 Prius IV from Casey's Toyota in Williamsburg VA. Walked out the door for a total $28,400. This included all the extra stuff Taxes etc.
  • jgilliam1955jgilliam1955 Member Posts: 3
    Toyota is offering 60 months 0% interest until the end of the month.
    Thats very good price. Can you pl let us know what options were included in the price?
  • smax2000smax2000 Member Posts: 3
    Same question here, even im trying to buy a Prius 4 and looking for options. Please let us know the options.
    Bought 2013 Prius Four for $27843 drive out from Auto Nation Toyota at South Austin TX. Options include 3M window tint and carpet floor & trunk mat.
    I beleive there is no tax in TX. Is that true? I live in CA south bay and wondering what would be the best price to get it. The tax is 10% here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Texas has sales tax... around 6.25%, I think...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

TX does have sales tax at 6.25% for auto
  • agalangagalang Member Posts: 1
    I paid $24,043.58 out the door 0% 5 years after $500 loyalty reward.
  • mangomomangomo Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you go for this price? I'm in the SF Bay area as well and I'm getting a higher quote for prius two (but I'm adding leather seats).
    Thanks
    I bought my Prius 4 over the weekend + Warranty + Maintenance for 32, 300.

Warranty is 2000
    Maintenance 1760

I have 60 days to cancel both, any suggestions to get a cheaper one?

Also do we need to have the maintenance?
  • priusdocpriusdoc Member Posts: 2
    SF Bay Area
    $32500 Out the Door
    ($29907.84 + TTL/Docs)

- 0% for 60 months, no money down. ~$540/month
    - $500 Loyalty Credit (Price is after loyalty)
  • acme76acme76 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2013 Persona with carpet and floor mats, remote start and Blizzard Pearl special paint.
    MSRP $29044
    Paid 26015 + $289 doc fee + TITLE + TAX

Got 10,000 for 2009 Corolla LE 35000 miles in trade.
    Comments ?
  • acme76acme76 Member Posts: 6
    CAn you please share plain vehicle price for prius 4 excluding tax/ttl etc so that we can get a true pricing on car itself ?
  • priusdocpriusdoc Member Posts: 2
    Cancel both.

Then check out priuschat.com for much cheaper, legit Toyota warranties. I got warranties and prepaid service for over $700 off each.

I'm not getting the warranties and prepaid for my Prius. Most people say that the prepaid is a waste of $$$ since the service costs are so minimal. The warranty is mixed with some people swearing by it, etc.
    I agree with smax2000. Cancel both. Its waste of $$$$.
  • mellowjdmellowjd Member Posts: 1
    @Manchurian

Did you get the 0% 60 mo. promo with that price?
    No, I did not. You either get $1000 or 0%. I took $1000 discount.
  • hybcardhybcard Member Posts: 8
    Hi folks

Can some one please post recent experiences & price paid on Prius III OTD price? Appreciate it.

Thanks
  • gemni24gemni24 Member Posts: 4
    Just got today Prius Three for Sale price of $23,535.52 (plus tax, lic) plus doc fee of $80. I took the financing of 0%.
    Thanks, it's a great price

Can you please post the dealer?

Also did you choose any options.

I am getting Internet quotes of 23100 after 1k incentive.
  • gemni24gemni24 Member Posts: 4
    Sure, Its Momentum Toyota of Fairfield. I worked with Dan in the internet dept. I went with standard options nothing extra.
  • speedyprius_haspeedyprius_ha Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for a basic 2013 Prius IV in Sunnyvale, CA for $27950 + fees + 0% APR for 60 months. Yay??? or Nay??? Thanks.
  • evadooevadoo Member Posts: 40
    Can anyone comment on the “Customer must assign bonus financing cash” language used in the Toyota financing option below? http://www.toyota.com/local-specials/

36 monthly payments of $27.78 for each $1000 financed. 48 monthly payments of $20.83 for each $1000 financed. 60 monthly payments of $16.67 for each $1000 financed. Only well-qualified, credit worthy buyers are eligible. Participating dealers to provide more program details. *$4000 bonus financing cash is direct from Toyota. Customer must assign bonus financing cash to 0% APR transaction through Toyota Financial Services

If you do not take the 0% financing, I am wondering if you can negotiate with the $4000 bonus cash (to take this off the price rather than having it be assigned to Toyota Financial Services).
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who bought a hybrid within the past year. If that describes you, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, July 3, 2013 with the make, model, month of purchase and a few lines about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Am looking for one as well but that price is probably around 800$ more.
  • sirnebsirneb Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 Prius Two Blizzard Pearl, OTD price 24,400 (6.25% tax in MA). The options on it were the paint and the wheel locks.
  • jbbeveljbbevel Member Posts: 28
    2013 Prius Persona Black Cherry Pearl (sweet color) Preferred Accessory Package
    Paid $25,888 plus tax, title and license. Auburn Toyota... great experience, great salesman.

Thanks John.
  • chung_manchung_man Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone provide a recent purchased OTD price for a 2013 Prius Two? Looking to get a white one, around the SF Bay Area. Just want to get an idea so i can compare to my quotes.

Thanks in advance.
  • eternityzeternityz Member Posts: 3
    Hi I got a 2013 Prius Two Blizzard Pearl White $22850 + $1395 (Leather upgrade). This is before taxes and fees.
    Took the 0% 60 months financing.

@AutoNation Toyota (Irvine, CA)
  • overland0715overland0715 Member Posts: 8
    FYI, I got 2013 Prius Four with Blizzard Pearl/Bisque, $26,495 + TTL. 0% 60 months financing.

Ventura County, CA
  • manutdmanutd Member Posts: 14
    Had a lot of trouble finding a 2013 Prius C Four in Louisiana with Blue Streak exterior color--there just were not many of them and price quotes were not great. I had been offering $22,750 and not having much response below $23,300 or so (TrueCar quote).

Finally found one in Tennessee and just picked it up. Dealer actually had two Blue Streak Fours, one with sun roof (did not want) and one with.

MSRP was 23,360+del of $795 and all it had on top was mats at $225 and rear bumper at $79 for total of $24,459 (comparable invoice on Edmunds says $22,730)
    Price discount was $3,000 from MSRP to $21,459 and then add back $399.50 dealer fee, which seemed ok.

So net price paid was $2,600 off MSRP and $871 below invoice, and over a thousand less than my first (I thought low) offer.

A little bit of a drive to pick up but had some miles for the flight and hotel, so minimal cost. Just really time and the one-way rental car from the airport to the dealer (it was some distance from major airport).

Note: Also got the HSN $1,000 gas back offer for the one day it was on so that should help as well once I send the paperwork in.
  • zzzeldazzzelda Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    We just bought a black 2013 Prius Three with solar moonroof from Renton Toyota in Washington state for $26,000 (not including TTL). If we had gone with another color we could have gotten $2-300 cheaper, based on offers I received from other dealers in the area.
  • val_fval_f Member Posts: 1
    What dealership did you use the Boston area? Sounds like a good price!
  • 09_Audi_Fan09_Audi_Fan Member Posts: 17
    The Toyota dealerships in the bay area seem to have good deals.
    On a 2013 Prius 3, I received quotes of $2,800 to $3,000 off MSRP with 0% financing.
  • kc424kc424 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a base Prius Three for $26079, 0 down, 0% APR for 60 months OTD last night.
    Winter gray exterior with dark gray interior.

Sacramento area.
  • jdude2jdude2 Member Posts: 1
    I got it for the same 22850+TTL here in Sunnyvale. Our taxes are bit higher than So Cal. Had a carpet floor mats and cargo mats.
  • gusjohnsongusjohnson Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a new Prius Four in SoCal. Did almost all the work by email. Options included were carpet mats, cargo mat, rear bumper applique and illuminated doorsills.

MSRP: $29803

Price: $25908 ($3895 off MSRP, 13%)
    Doc fee: $80
    Tax: $2079
    Registration, license, other CA fees: $283
    Out the door: $28350

Got in on the zero down, 0% 60 month financing. 60 payments of $472.50.
  • jrmstr33jrmstr33 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    Have an offer in the Bay Area for a Grey Prius Three with the solar moonroof, mats and rear bumper applique :

$25,070 + TTL
    $26,704.25 OTD w/o 0%/60mo financing ($1000 rebate)
    $27,704.25 OTD w/0%/60mo financing (no $1000 rebate)

Thinking of taking the latter ($27,704.25 w/0%/60mo financing)

Any thoughts?
  • jrmstr33jrmstr33 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    @gusjohnson, what dealer was this from? Trying to land an identical deal this week! Preferably in NorCal, but if need be I could drive it up from SoCal.

---------------
    Just purchased a new Prius Four in SoCal. Did almost all the work by email. Options included were carpet mats, cargo mat, rear bumper applique and illuminated doorsills.

MSRP: $29803

Price: $25908 ($3895 off MSRP, 13%)
    Doc fee: $80
    Tax: $2079
    Registration, license, other CA fees: $283
    Out the door: $28350

Got in on the zero down, 0% 60 month financing. 60 payments of $472.50.
  • gusjohnsongusjohnson Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    jrmstr33, got mine at Toyota of Escondido. Used Carwoo and USAA car buying service to get quotes and I also contacted a dealer I'd heard about at Tustin Toyota (Orange County). Tustin had the best price and I was ready to buy from them, but Escondido matched their price plus threw in the applique and illuminated door sills so I bought from them since they're much closer to home. PM me if you want the Tustin contact - he is no-nonsense, quotes OTD prices.
  • jeffreyahainesjeffreyahaines Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new base model 2013 Prius Three in Barcelona Red in Annapolis, Maryland this week for $25,503.36 out the door (including T&T, dealer fees, etc.). I did all the negotiation via email, then went into the dealership to sign papers.
  • alic3alic3 Member Posts: 15
    Can you send me the information of the salespersons name in Tustin--thinking of purchasing by end of month.
    ?
  • srik1srik1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Jeffrey, Can you please post the break up ie car price + doc/dealer fee + ttl.

Thanks
    Sri
  • feng9889feng9889 Member Posts: 4
    Bought one in SF Bay Area $23,2XX OTD (20888+TTL) couple weeks ago. It is 2013 Prius II with carpet floor mats and cargo mats. Love it!
  • vinni2vinni2 Member Posts: 2
    Its a great price, which dealership did you buy it from?
  • djldjldjldjl Member Posts: 1
    Bought a Prius 2 Barcelona Red at Rice Toyota in Greensboro, NC, for $22,000 OTD.
    I emailed the sales manager for an OTD quote on the least expensive regular Prius, and he answered with this offer. Great buying experience at this dealership.
  • dfliu831dfliu831 Member Posts: 1
    brought Prius three Silver color with Solar Roof package
    OTD $27800

First time buyer had to down payment $5500 for 0% finance

SoCal