Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• charger3charger3 Member Posts: 210
    letter sent
  • sslussersslusser Member Posts: 1
    My 2004 Pacifica has the same ailment. Could I please get a copy of that letter? Please send it to scott --at -- scottslusser -- dot-- com

I appreciate it, thank you.
    Letter sent to scott@scottslusser.com
  • mybleepincarmybleepincar Member Posts: 1
    Could you please send me this letter to iModder95@gmail.com? Because I definitely live where we use a lot of salt, and I've already dropped $5000 on a new engine, $1000 on all new motor mounts, and out of nowhere ran its oil bone dry within 3,000 miles. I have clunks and creaks and play in the steering wheel and all the rest of it. This is unacceptable and I'm sick of putting up with this car. I need Chrysler to start pulling their own weight with this poorly designed heap of junk.
    Letter sent
  • autochaserautochaser Member Posts: 3
    i own an 04 pacifica AWD, unlike many on here i like my car, i have 130,000 miles very little problems, BUT TODAY I PUT IT IN THE AIR AND I HAVE A ROTTED FRONT FRAME---REAL BAD---, please send me the letter asap to wdw84first@aol.com thanks in advance ....
    Letter sent
  • madesrosmadesros Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Can I ask you to send that letter to me also? I am also experiencing the same problem! 2004 with 116,000 miles. My mechanic says the cradle and subframe shouldn't rust through like it is. Thanks in advance! -Mike (madesros@gmail.com)
  • rusty67rusty67 Member Posts: 2
    Can I pls. Have a copy of the warranty?

Thx
  • rusty67rusty67 Member Posts: 2
    My email is alybella78@aol.com. Can I pls. have a copy of the warraty?
    Letter sent
    Letter sent
  • holliemholliem Member Posts: 2
    My 04 Pacifica with 128k miles broke down on vacation. I had it towed to a local Chrysler dealer where it spent 3 weeks as parts were ordered and major engine repairs were done at a cost of $3k. Now, 3 weeks after getting it back, I broke down again at home and had it towed to a local dealer who said that the engine has no oil pressure, cradeles were going, and that I need to either replace the engine totally or trade it in. Can I get a copy of the letter at holliemorris@mris.com? Called the 800 number, where Jessica said that it was an independent dealership, and there was nothing that they could do. Only the parts are covered by the 1-year warranty that I got with the $3k in reparis - not the labor. Huh? Please help! The new engine is $7500 and I can't afford this. Who has time to run around like this and be without transportation?
    Letter sent and it's only about the rusting of the engine cradle. I don't know of any repair shop that does not labor. If you were to bring in your own parts they would not cover labor. If you have your trans fluid changed Chrysler will give you like 2000 toward a new trans if it goes out in so many miles that is what they told me. I can't believe they wont cover repairs. I would contact a lawyer. You might need a professional to look over the engine and see if they were negligent in the way they repaired it and it caused a catastrophic failure. Also ck your paperwork and see if their is a warranty.
  • holliemholliem Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Charger3! I was also told to call the Chrysler Regional Representative for the Delaware Region, but neither the Chrysler 800 number nor the Maryland dealership claims to have access to that "priveleged" phone number. Huh? Does anyone have a list of the Chrysler Regional Representative's phone numbers? There are apparently 8 Regions. Mine is Mid-Atlantic for Maryland, but the shoddy work was done in Delaware, which is another region. Apparently you are supposed to go through the "right" channels to get to a Chrysler Regional Representative.
    Hollie M.
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Go to your nearest Chrysler dealership and tell them the problem. ONLY a dealer usually the service manager is the one to call the Zone rep. If they won't call go to the Gen. Manager of the dealership. If no help then call the 800 992 1997, and tell how you have been treated. Good luch.

farout
    edited September 2011
    Some who post here just like to have something to post and feel ....I don't know what, but it can be a bum lead.

farout
  • lsnlsn Member Posts: 1
    Is the 10 yr/150 K warranty apply to 1st (original) owner only?
    Can I please have a copy?
    Thanks!
    I was not the first owner. I need a fax number or an email address to send letter to
  • neerajkhneerajkh Member Posts: 1
    Can you please send me the letter to neerajkh@hotmail.com?
    no, i am the 3rd owner, and all was covered at no charge to me ............ 129,000 miles
    Your letter is sent
  • 05pacifica05pacifica Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Could you please email a copy of this to me as well at sherita277@aol.com I have a 2005 that i just brought with the same problem.

Thank you
    Letter sent
  • jesomajesoma Member Posts: 4
    Can you please send me the letter to jsomadelis@somagroup.com. I have an 05 and also seeing rust. Thanks - Jeff
    Letter sent
  • jesomajesoma Member Posts: 4
    Hi, still looking for email, can't find it?
    Thanks, Jeff
    jsomadelis@somagroup.com
  • pastor111pastor111 Member Posts: 2
    How did you find out about the extended warranty? I just found out that my 05 Pacifica with 77k miles has a rusted subframe...Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
    Resent. Hotmail screwing up won't send. Hope you don't get about six of them. Had a feed from Microsoft and never looked at them had to delete hundreds of them. Seems to be working now.
    Had mine repaired under the 8 year 80,000 mile Max Care warranty. Then Chrysler sent me a letter saying all 04 and 05 Pacificas were covered. Then you make a call to them and they say only certain vin numbers are covered. Give me an email or fax and I'll send letter to you.
    And if nothing works negotiate the price of the warranty with the dealer and have it fixed under the warranty
    edited September 2011
    Just a heads up anyone with a Pacifica that gets the timing belt or water pump changed and your check engine light comes on within a day with code P2096 or P2098 the belt was put on one tooth off. This is what I got because I didn't do the work myself.
  • fedup1111fedup1111 Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 has the same problem. Would you be so kind as to forward me a copy of that warranty letter to wisenrise@yahoo.com truly appreciate it & thank you in advance.
    My regular computer is down it could take a day or two
  • fedup1111fedup1111 Member Posts: 2
    Okay great! Thank you so much for your quick reply Charger3, I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Letter sent
  • pacificapopspacificapops Member Posts: 1
    Please send warranty letter to drosemont@comcast.net...I have 2004 with 121k miles..just rebuilt transmission and replaced motor mounts for 2nd time. Cradle rusted also
    letter sent
    Let me know if you got letter. Still trying to set up Outlook
  • maximaronmaximaron Member Posts: 8
    charger3, if you could indulge me as well with the letter.....2004 Pac (original owner) with 65K miles! Also now starting problems (ground cable short?) Will advise,

r_narcisi@att.net
    Letter Sent
  • nycpacificanycpacifica Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone that was kind enough to get the letter from Charger on the warranty please send me a copy. He is so good to have sent it on to you, so I thought I could ask one of his recipients to do the same for me.
    Please send to pwrdesign@aol.com
    Thank You
    Letter sent
  • cmra1cmra1 Member Posts: 1
    We have had the same issues I see here. First our 2005 with 43k miles just would not start. Could not get jumped, swapped 4 yr old battery and still nothing. Had it towed to local guy and he found a loose cable under it. Now no problem. Then the mystery clunk started at about 45k when backing up with the wheel cranked right, when hard braking or over speed bumps. Talked to Chrysler and searched web, told them that I would expect assistance if any major issue. Took it in and they said the bolts in the left control arm and "Wallowed out" and they tightened it up for $48. Hope that fixes it. If not I will be back on the phone, but I have already sent an email to Chrysler telling them they may have a serious safety if bolts are coming loose
  • aliciaca21aliciaca21 Member Posts: 1
    Could someone send me a copy of this letter? I just bought my Pacifica and had it for two months and found out the whole engine cradle is rusted out. I don't have the money to fix it (i just bought the darn thing!). Will they cover this? This isn't right!! Please send letter to aliciaca21@yahoo.com. PLEASE!!
    THEY SHOULD COVER THAT, THEY DID FOR ME ... HOW MANY MILES ? AND WHAT YEAR ?
    Letter sent
  • angiebangieangiebangie Member Posts: 1
    Hi: We purchased a 2004 pacifica with 75,000 miles, it was driven in the Sierra nevada mountains as the woman we bought it from lives in Gold Country near Jackson & we just discovered that the engine cradle has a spot of rust. Could someone who has the letter from Chrysler be so kind as to send me a copy as well. Thank you very much!

Angela (amcampagna@yahoo.com)
  • pastor111pastor111 Member Posts: 2
    Charger3, can I get a copy of the letter? Currently dealing with Chrysler advert speak. Send to preacher1257@Yahoo.com. thanks for your help..