Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited January 2014 in Toyota
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Toyota Highlander purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Toyota Highlander, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit our 2014 Toyota Highlander Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Toyota Highlander page.

To see all forums discussions about the Toyota Highlander, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Toyota Highlander discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• gaya3gaya3 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

I got a quote for 2014 highlander XLE AWD 4X4
    Silver exterior & black interior

Base model Msrp- 37500
    Handling & destination – 860
    Optional equipment
    Carpet mats + cargo liners – 230
    Second row captain chairs – 275
    Mud guards – 100
    Remote starter -399

Total MSRP – 39360

e-price – 35762

9.1% off msrp

out the door price (includes everything from desitnation, tax, ttl & documentation): 38515$

will try to negotiate for couple more hundreds tomo.
    Going to close the deal tomo and drive the car out of dealership.

What do you think about the deal?

• otown_29otown_29 Member Posts: 7

Let me know if you get it, my local dealer isn't budging.

• gaya3gaya3 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

I bought 2014 highlander for the above mentioned price with the specified options. Couldn't lower it further...doing documentation now

OTD price: 38515$

Hope its a decent deal

• sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

@gaya3 said:
    I bought 2014 highlander for the above mentioned price with the specified options. Couldn't lower it further...doing documentation now

OTD price: 38515$

Hope its a decent deal

Thanks for sharing the info. Did you finance this? Were you able to get the 0% APR for 60 months that Toyota is offering on the 2013?

• jet99jet99 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

I got a quote for 2014 Moulin Rouge Mica 28k for LE, and 32k for LE plus + 399 doc fee and ttl...still on the fence. thinking of making a deal on LE

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@jet99 said:
    I got a quote for 2014 Moulin Rouge Mica 28k for LE, and 32k for LE plus + 399 doc fee and ttl...still on the fence. thinking of making a deal on LE

Is that the real color name? Moulin Rouge Mica? geeezzz

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ckkckk Member Posts: 5

gaya3, where did you buy your highlander? Thanks.

• lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19

My brother got a quote for $31500 +fees on a LE plus down in socal

• xenopowahxenopowah Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    Just picked up a 2014 AWD LE plus for 32,400 and kbb on a trade in. Not including tax, title, docs.

2.9 financing for 60 months.

Thoughts?
  • ccharronccharron Member Posts: 1

We bought a 2014 Blizzard Pearl (white) with Vanilla interior XLE. Sticker was $39,030 and we paid $36,719. Not a huge discount but I didn't have many options as there were only 2 with that color combination within 150 miles of us (Massachusetts) at the time and my wife wanted that combo.

Was able to get 2.35% financing through a local credit union for 60 months.

• fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92

Xenopowah:

You stated that you picked up a 2014 LE plus for 32,400 with a trade.
    What did you trade in and how much did the dealer give you for this trade?
    Year, make model, mileage etc.
    Also what are your taxes, title, and doc fee. It will be helpful to others on this site to also indicate what what state, city you obtained this deal from.
    Thanks.

Fred

• bigfootzbigfootz Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014

Bought a 2014 XLE (FWD, gray mica w/ black leather) on Friday, Jan. 31st in Atlanta, GA. Here are the details:

Base price: 36,040

Manuf delivery/processing: 915

Distributor installed options: 1,277 comprised of -

Rear bumper protector: 179

8 pass carpet/cargo mat: 399

Toyoguard Elite: 699 (road service, paint sealant, 2 oil change/tire rotations)

MSRP: 38,232

Selling price: 35,946

Dealer admin: 599

Dealer title reg: 49

Sub-total: 36,144

GA title/lemon: 21

Trade-in credit: 6,000 (2002 Highlander LTD, cloth seats, 113K, fair condition)

GA ad-valorem tax: 2,035 (GA's one-time tax, 6.75% of the subtotal less 6,000 trade-in tax credit)

Out the door: 32,200

Financed a portion using AAA's auto loan service (1.75% for up to 60 months).

• xenopowahxenopowah Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014

Why is this forum such a mess? It was of no help to me at all during my car buying process last month. There are numerous duplicate threads on Highlander Prices Paid and this makes it very hard to find information and communicate with other buyers.

Folks, quit wasting your time here and go visit ToyotaNation!!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@xenopowah said:
    Why is this forum such a mess? It was of no help to me at all during my car buying process last month. There are numerous duplicate threads on Highlander Prices Paid and this makes it very hard to find information and communicate with other buyers.

Sorry for all the confusion .. we migrated to a new forums software platform in mid-December, and recently we've been taking the existing Prices Paid and Lease Question threads and splitting them out into model year specific discussions. Unfortunately, this meant that there were as many as three different discussions for each make/model - one for 2014 MY, one for 2013 and older and the "original" discussion, which was model year agnostic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• deersnyprdeersnypr Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014

2014 Toyota Highlander XLE FWD in Atlanta Metro Area

trade-in 2000 4Runner with 217,000 mi.

Out the door after the 6.75% ad valorem tax, $34,000
    Good? Not Good?

@deersnypr said:
    2014 Toyota Highlander XLE FWD in Atlanta Metro Area

trade-in 2000 4Runner with 217,000 mi.

Out the door after the 6.75% ad valorem tax, $34,000
    Good? Not Good?

Not enough information to determine .. selling price of '14? Any options? Trade value? Other fees?

A more complete breakdown of your deal would certainly help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

It's an XLE model without the rear blu-ray and split captains chairs. Front-wheel drive. The KBBB on the trade-in is $3000-4000. All fees and the ad-valorem (6.75%) tax included to the $34,000 price.

edited February 2014

Here is full breakdown -

2014 XLE FWD

"special color"

Clear paint protection, door package, rear bumper protector, door cups edge guards

8 pass carpet mats and cargo mat

delivery fee

MSRP $38,000

admin fee of 595

ad valorem tax of 2148

title fee 18

GA lemon law fee 3.00

trade-in of 2000 4runner 217k miles, kbb 3000-4000

total out the door $34,000.
    A portion financed at 1.8% interest

Good? No Good? Fair?

• ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27

Purchased 2014 XLE AWD in blizzard pearl with mats. MSRP was $38,980 and invoice was $36,265.24. We paid invoice and refused to pay any doc fees. That was OTD. We pick up vehicle in couple of weeks as dealer has it on order.

In Missouri you can purchase Highlander for $ 200.00 over invoice through Costco approved dealers. In Kansas City that dealer is Molle Toyota.

We got better deal from another dealer so deals are out there.

• ksufootballksufootball Member Posts: 11

So I live in KC where did you get the deal? I want the exact same thing. Did you have a trade or outright buy because I know some dealers offer invoice then turn around and get it back in the trade. And I won't pay the stupid doc fees (extra profit margin). I'm a member of Costco and you can just go in and pay 200 over invoice no haggle? That's seems to good to be true. Thanks for your insight! Btw how do you like the highlander so far?

@ilovetrailers said:
    Purchased 2014 XLE AWD in blizzard pearl with mats. MSRP was $38,980 and invoice was $36,265.24. We paid invoice and refused to pay any doc fees. That was OTD. We pick up vehicle in couple of weeks as dealer has it on order.

In Missouri you can purchase Highlander for $ 200.00 over invoice through Costco approved dealers. In Kansas City that dealer is Molle Toyota.

We got better deal from another dealer so deals are out there.

@deersnypr said:
    Here is full breakdown -

2014 XLE FWD

"special color"

Clear paint protection, door package, rear bumper protector, door cups edge guards

8 pass carpet mats and cargo mat

delivery fee

MSRP $38,000

admin fee of 595

ad valorem tax of 2148

title fee 18

GA lemon law fee 3.00

trade-in of 2000 4runner 217k miles, kbb 3000-4000

total out the door $34,000.
    A portion financed at 1.8% interest

Good? No Good? Fair?

Is ad valorem the same as sales tax? Do you get a credit on that tax amount for the trade in?

Seems a fair deal though I can't seem to fully understand the math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788

@xenopowah said:

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788

I have been posting & reading many comments on Prices Paid & Buying Experience forum for years. Believe or not, I bought my last 3 cars by using the information on the forum. Most posters did a very good job on sharing their buying experience and price that they paid. On the hand, some people only mentioned little information such "we bought the 201X LE Plus for $XXX". I guess I will have to assume it is an AWD when you are in Boston and a FWD when you are in CA.

• legendguy1legendguy1 Member Posts: 15

Yes, the best reports are when folk list the total retail price for the car and its options (with breakdown) and the final negotiated price. Then anyone can do a little math to get the percent off and that really helps since one can often apply the same percent discount to the car we are considering purchasing. eg:
    "I got a quote for 2014 highlander XLE AWD 4X4 Silver exterior & black interior
    Base model Msrp- 37500 Handling & destination – 860 Optional equipment Carpet mats + cargo liners – 230 Second row captain chairs – 275 Mud guards – 100 Remote starter -399
    Total MSRP – 39360
    e-price – 35762

9.1% off msrp

out the door price (includes everything from desitnation, tax, ttl & documentation): 38515$"

This is GREAT and the way things should be done, good job!

• dbworkerdbworker Member Posts: 3

What kind of prices are people seeing for an AWD Limited?

• dbworkerdbworker Member Posts: 3

A buyer from SF on another site listed the OTD price for his AWD Limited at $44,500. I'm in NJ and would like to be closer to $43,000 OTD

• 4dawgs4dawgs Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014

2014 Highlander XLE AWD with Silver ext / Black int, running boards, mud flaps, all-weather mats, cargo cover.

Out-the-door quotes (incl taxes & fees):

Doxon Toyota in Auburn, WA = $41,843.41

Toyota of Lake City in Seattle, WA = $44,445.40

• 4dawgs4dawgs Member Posts: 2

More quotes from above scenario:

Wilder Toyota in Port Angeles, WA = $42,037

Toyota of Kirkland = $42,492.73

• jommyjommy Member Posts: 3

2014 Toyota Highlander XLE AWD , price paid $ 34900. Out the door $ 37 300 ( include tax , title, registration etc). No additional adds on. Standard options only . Hope I got a good price. No others dealers able to beat the price from this dealer( Serra Toyota Farmington hills) all others quoted te me mid 38 k – 41 k. for the vehicle of same specification. I got the vehicle in mocha red.( but in real sunlight it looks lie burgundy., as like the cherry red Honda pilot color.) mine is the 3 mocha red color in the Michigan..

• northsophnorthsoph Member Posts: 3

Looking to purchase a 2014 Toyota Highlander in the next couple of days. Can anyone provide pricing on the LE Plus and the XLE. Looking to purchase in MA.

edited March 2014

@northsoph said:
    Looking to purchase a 2014 Toyota Highlander in the next couple of days. Can anyone provide pricing on the LE Plus and the XLE. Looking to purchase in MA.

There are pricing tools here at Edmunds - edmunds.com/toyota/highlander/years.html?sub=suv

You should be able to get TMV (True Market Value) of the model you are looking for in your zip code and use that as a starting point for discussions and negotiations with your local dealers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stgmotustgmotu Member Posts: 2

I just purchased a new 2014 Highlander XLE FWD for 34,500 +ttl! Had mats, running boards, tint, remote engine start, and mud guards. It did have over 1,100 miles on it.

MSRP ~ $38,800 OTD ~$37,200

• stgmotustgmotu Member Posts: 2

Purchased my XLE 3/26 in Denton, TX

• randyokrandyok Member Posts: 1

On 3/31 finalized purchase on Creme Brulee/Ivory, AWD Highlander XLE with carpet set and lifetime power-train warranty from a KC, Kansas dealership. Final price with all fees, taxes, delivery, etc. right at $38,000. We live in OK but there were only two AWD Highlanders of any color or trim available in the entire Gulf States region (TX, LA, AR, OK). So we had to go out of Gulf States region to get one and it was almost impossible to find that color combination in the XLE AWD anywhere in the States and none in production schedule. And this lot had to trade to get it.

• Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167

Has anyone seen a 2014 AWD Limited Platinum pkg? Can't seem to find any in CT.

• pete_hpete_h Member Posts: 1

Looking to purchase the following:

• XLE - AWD
    • Rear Bumper Protector
    • 4 Season Floor Mat Pkg
    • Towing Hitch w/ Wiring
    • Mudguards (don't these come as 'standard'?)
    • Tonneau Cargo Cover
    • Rail Cross Bars

Total quoted price for the above OTD is: $40,400 ($37,700 for car configured as above + taxes and fees). Thoughts?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

I don't see the mudguards, cargo cover and cross bars on our Build Your Own link, but I come up with $37,480 for the TMV, so the dealer is right in the ballpark.

You may be able to grind some more bucks off if you have the energy and patience, or you can try a buying program like our Price Promise if you have a participating dealer in your area.

Or just do the deal and start enjoying the new ride!

• tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51

jommy, wondering who was salesperson you dealt with at Serra ?

• rs1234rs1234 Member Posts: 1

2014 Toyota Highlander LTD AWD, Selling Price $38670 (using Costco member pricing), car came pre-installed with body side molding valued at $209, added $309 for clear plate application, $399 for theft protection (i didn't want this, so they also subtracted it out above the line and is reflected in the $38670 price), $289 for 5 yr windshield replacement and windshield protection coat, $123.75 cargo liner, $406.25 for cross bar kit, $157 for front window tint, $499 dealer handling = $40851. Add 5% tax and title = $42,901 Out the Door. Also ended up with carpet floor and cargo mats as well that were in the car when delivered. Purchased near Denver, CO.

The post by jonny is fabricated. Live close to the dealer and no way be able to buy Highlander for that price. Plus person never responded to request for a name.

edited May 2014

Just because someone posts and doesn't return doesn't mean they are making stuff up. Who knows - it could have been one of those deals where the dealer needed another sale or two to hit a bonus number, meaning they make more money just "dumping" a vehicle instead of holding out for top dollar.

No way for that to happen. Each dealer may have one or two Highlanders on the lot at most. Some dealers have nada. So if you think they will sell their only one vehicle for 3K under sticker price you can't see the forest from the trees.

Steve, you sound like a trusting soul I wish I was. However I went to Serra of Farmington and found no 2014 Highlanders available. I think when we think someone is posting B.S. they should be called out.

• jommyjommy Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    The sale persons name is David Y [non-permissible content removed] ! He is the internet manager at serra Farmington mi. I deal with him all through emails and step in with his price quote and signed the papers in 40 minutes . Need to wait for 2 days to get my highlander becAse the color spec need to find out for them and got in 3 days . Am happy with my purchase 37400 otd . Try to do financing approved from credit union before you stepped in to the showroom . The best apr getting from community financial credit union ( I got mine 1.74 apr) where TFS is 4 apr for me ) . Try to do the price quote shopping before you hitting to any specific store !!!! That too do your quote request thru internet with internet managers !! All the best for the new purchase !! Nn
    A

Thanks Jommy - we frown on posting last names so I edited your post. I'd ask you go go post a photo of your Highlander over in Reader's Rides (or in here) but I do like to think most people can be trusted. B)

• stone19stone19 Member Posts: 28

Potentially considering the Highlander Limited to replace our 5 year old Lexus RX, is getting 3k off the sticker a possibility? Seems like inventories are a bit tight. What's the consensus for getting invoice pricing? If I can't then I'd likely hold off for a while until supply increases and there are more deals to be had.

• kvn1kvn1 Member Posts: 52

got quote from Southern CA for XLE FWD, Blizzard + Almond+floor mats for $34,400+tax+dmv. Then I asked to add running boards & mud guards, quote changed to $35,000+tax+dmv. Is it ok ?? but as I added running boards I have to wait 6 weeks to order. if not I can get the car today without running boards for $34,400

• jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270

@kvn1 said:
    got quote from Southern CA for XLE FWD, Blizzard + Almond+floor mats for $34,400+tax+dmv. Then I asked to add running boards & mud guards, quote changed to $35,000+tax+dmv. Is it ok ?? but as I added running boards I have to wait 6 weeks to order. if not I can get the car today without running boards for $34,400

Which dealership is that from?

2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD

Is it good deal or not ???

OK, finalized deal, XLE, Blizzard+Almond+Running boards+mud guards+floor mats, MSRP is $38,153. Got it for $35,000 + Tax+DMV+$80 doc fee. So, I got $3,153 off MSRP. No trade in, I got loan from School First credit union bank 1.99% for 60 months