Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kzevokzevo Member Posts: 53
    Please let me know the residual and MF for XLE and Limited AWD for 10k 36months. As well as any incentives in the VA area. Thank you!
  • Options
    stone19stone19 Member Posts: 28

Just agreed to a Limited Platinum Blizzard Pearl $45,070 sticker for 42,000 in central NJ.

• Options
    daveb22daveb22 Member Posts: 19

Just finalized a deal on a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD with carpeted floor mats, MSRP $38,585 ($37,500 Base Price + $225 Floor Mats + $860 destination charge). Purchased it for $34,626 plus tax, DMV, and $75 doc fee in upstate NY. So I basically got $3,959 off MSRP.

Had to order the vehicle for the color combination I wanted so it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get which is not a big deal for me. Got internet pricing from several dealers within the 100 mile radius that I was willing to travel and nobody else was able to come close to this price. Very happy with the deal I got.

• Options
    a1_silverbacka1_silverback Member Posts: 2

Bought saturday may 17 2014
    toyota highlander 2014 (41 miles)
    XLE AWD
    blizzard pearl paint
    black leather interior

37,500 base price

• 0.00 (FE) 50 state emissions
    • 395.00 (PC) Special color
    • 129.00 (3Y) rear bumper protector
    • 225.00 carpeted floot mates and cargo mat
    • 350.00 crossbars
    • 699.00 two inch tow receiver installed (no wiring)

+ 860.00 delivery processing and handling fee

40,158.00 window sticker

_sales price 37,350.89 (7.5% off window sticker)_
    +25 state of illinois electronic title fee

• 166.27 documentary service fee
    • 15.00 Cook Co IL tax
    • 196.00 state of IL new plates and registration
    • 2721.81 7.25% DuPage Co. State of Illinois tax (garaged in Dupage Co)

- 0.00 trade in

40, 474.97 out the door (no financing. paid cash. ugh. gulp. will hold 10+ yrs)

All info above 110% true accurate & correct.
    How did i do ?
    thx
    The SilverBack

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

You had me worried for a second about that $860 processing and handling fee, but that's what most of us call "destination" and it is what it is.

I'm confused about the Blizzard Pearl - I've seen that color cost more somewhere (Prius V?) but there's no charge for it when I spec out your Highlander here. Sometimes we miss stuff though.

Before all your extras, it looks like you beat TMV by a thousand bucks. Done good. B)

Congrats. Great color too.

• Options
    a1_silverbacka1_silverback Member Posts: 2

stever, on that link you provide, blizzard pearl color $ add on in "exterior section"

• Options

Ah, thanks, I was just mousing over the color swatch and didn't notice the special paint code in the options.

Maybe you can post a pic sometime?

• Options
    md4runnermanmd4runnerman Member Posts: 72

I bought a hard to find Platinum in the colors I wanted for a little more than 3,000 under the MSRP price of 44,900...I bought for 41,800 and just loving this vehicle....folks, word to the wise, if you can afford it get the Driver Technology package at the very least. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

• Options
    jommyjommy Member Posts: 3

2014 highlander xle awd otd 37400. super duper deal... serra Toyota Michigan.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Congrats! Nice looking rig.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kvn1kvn1 Member Posts: 52

Hi guys, question, I'm waiting for my car to arrive in 3 more weeks, as I ordered it, but some other dealer offers me $600 lower than what I agreed with my dealer. Do I have option to ask my current dealer lower agreed price? any suggestions would be apreciate

• Options

Did you put up a deposit? Is it refundable?

Is the Highlander you ordered loaded with "weird" options or an unusual color? Probably not if another dealer is offering you the same vehicle for less.

This situation happens occasionally. Dealers don't like it but some will price match "after the fact" or let you walk away and do the deal with the other dealer. So long as they don't get stuck with an oddball car on their lot, most will either redo the deal or let you walk.

• Options

thanks for response, my ordered car just base XLE+running board+mud guard, no weird package or any customization...I did not deposit as they did not ask, so walk is an option, but I plan to ask my dealer to split half, say other dealer offer $600 lower, then I will only ask for $300, as I also feel bad for them

• Options
    edited May 2014

I think I'd just tell the dealer that XYZ Dealer offered me the same car for $600 less and will they match it. It's still a "sure" sale for them.

Unless you have a specific VIN on a specific Highlander, the "special ordered" car may have just been one they had in the pipeline anyway.

• Options

Any one has real life experience in order HL in Southern CA?? dealer estimate my delivery is 7 weeks total. This is my first time order a car so any experience is appreciated (my deal is $3350 off MSRP)

• Options
    quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43

Just purchased an XLE AWD Highlander. MSRP $39,084 (all weather, cargo mat, bumper guard). Purchase price $36,500.

• Options

Congrats!

Did that price include taxes or registration?

• Options
    quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43

No, just straight pricing. No tax in OR and few hundred on top for lic/reg

• Options

Thanks - enjoy the new ride!

• Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter is looking to interview a car shopper who has found car pricing complicated and/or confusing. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 20, 2014 to share your story and opinions with a reporter.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    jsmith19103jsmith19103 Member Posts: 3

Here is my price paid for 2014 highlander XLE AWD with options: mats and cargo cover In south Jersey
    Through Cost

• Options

Through Costco program. It is a good experience. We didn't expect to buy a car from them but end up pretty good. First we gave us the Costco price $36999 with option floor mats. We told them the price is not good and they asked what price we can pay. We said invoice price and they bring a new price with $500 ad fee. We ask remove the ad fee. They came back with right price. I thought the dealer is too far from home. The second day we checked with our local dealer and he even didn't want to discuss the price. Then we deposited the $500. Actually they didn't deposit that money. Here is the exact price:
    list price: $38666
    total price: $35254 and $349 doc fee.
    We paid state tax and all DMV fees.
    Total out of door price: $38451.
    Hopefully this is useful for everyone.

• Options
    odyyseybuyerodyyseybuyer Member Posts: 4

jsmith19103 - Which dealer did you use?

• Options

Gateway Toyota

• Options
    odyyseybuyerodyyseybuyer Member Posts: 4

Thanks jsmith19103. I also bought 2014 Highlander XLE AWD from Gateway yesterday. Used your pricing as reference.

• Options

Congrats (to both of you)!

• Options
    nizzonizzo Member Posts: 7

@md4runnerman said:
    I bought a hard to find Platinum in the colors I wanted for a little more than 3,000 under the MSRP price of 44,900...I bought for 41,800 and just loving this vehicle....folks, word to the wise, if you can afford it get the Driver Technology package at the very least. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

I took got a Limited Platinum, right after Memorial day weekend, so like 9 days after you. I paid close to what you did as well, $3297 off the MSRP (mine was $44675 sticker) and I also got the color combo that my wife and i agree was the best for us by far (Predawn Mica over Ash. Looks awesome, with the changing brownish/purple-ish hues to the exterior, and that blue stitching on the gray seats, love it!). I agree, the Tech and Plat package contents are AWESOME and a must-have and I'm happy to pay the extra for them! Enjoy man. I'm leasing mine btw.

• Options
    tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51

F.Y. I. 2015 Highlanders will be in production and pricing will be available Aug. 6th so if you buy a 201

• Options

The 2014 will be a year old in a week.

• Options
    smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60

Here's what I've been offered on an XLE: MSRP $41,679, Selling $38,956 plus taxes, tags, etc.

For lease: MF numbers based off .00196 (tier 1) and a residual of .58
    $616/month
    36 months
    15k miles per year
    1st months payment due at signing

Wondering if this looks good? Should I wait until August or September for incentives? Will 2015 be re-design?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

@smith83 said:
    Here's what I've been offered on an XLE: MSRP $41,679, Selling $38,956 plus taxes, tags, etc.

For lease: MF numbers based off .00196 (tier 1) and a residual of .58
    $616/month
    36 months
    15k miles per year
    1st months payment due at signing

Wondering if this looks good? Should I wait until August or September for incentives? Will 2015 be re-design?

Using the numbers you've provided, I get a pre-tax payment of $534.35/mo for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    yahooguy77yahooguy77 Member Posts: 8

@tkay2 said:
    They will not have numbers until (Dealers etc.) My Guy says call him Aug. 5th after 1pm. Production will start Aug. 6th....He told me the vehicle I want is scheduled to be built Aug ( 2015 AWD XLE (Black with Ecru into) Dealer cannot quote me a price till the Aug 5th. ( I have the printout of the vehicle but blank MSRP.

Did the new pricing come out for 2015 AWD XLE?

• Options
    gdogathongdogathon Member Posts: 4

Looking to buy a XLE FWD Base Blizzard Pearl. Got a quote throuhg Costco here in northern CA for $34110+352 (premium color)= $34,462 + TTL etc. Is this a good deal?

I think I'm going to have to order one because they don't have the color combo in my area. If they build a 2015 for me, can I make them honor at the same price?

• Options

@gdogathon said:
    Looking to buy a XLE FWD Base Blizzard Pearl. Got a quote throuhg Costco here in northern CA for $34110+352 (premium color)= $34,462 + TTL etc. Is this a good deal?

I think I'm going to have to order one because they don't have the color combo in my area. If they build a 2015 for me, can I make them honor at the same price?

No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    @kyfdx‌ no as is not a good deal? 2014 XLE FWD blizzard pearl $34400 + Ttl?
  • Options

No.. you can't make them honor the price on a car they don't have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

The 2015 on average for the XLE price increase @ 250.00

• Options
    @tkay2 thank you! For the tip. I could live with that. I am impatiently waiting for my white one and am worried they won't be able to find a 2014! I can't believe how fast these sell. I also like the idea is ordering one. Never done that before!
    Does anyone else not like the almond intenior-black, brown and tan? Who thought of that! I hope I don't have to settle for that color :(
  • Options

Prospective 2015 Highlander buyers and new owners, please visit the 2015 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion and tell us about your deal or ask questions there. Thanks (and thanks @andyman1970 for getting it going).

• Options
    Ok. Got mine Saturday! 2014 xle fwd Attitude Black/ash interior $34000+Ttl. It was slim pickings color wise. Wanted white but LOVE the black. I recommend using the Costco quote as your target price. I didn't go through them and was able to get a good price using them as a reference.
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Good tactic @gdogathon‌ - lots of the "buying services" charge dealers a fee for those leads (since those leads often turn into sales). You probably saved the dealer a bit of commission to Costco and the dealer cut you some slack on the price. In theory anyway - sometimes I overthink this stuff. :)

Congrats on the Highlander!

• Options
    yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42

Any luck with a residual for 36/12k in CA for an XLE MSRP $39,115?

• Options
    thewinegirlthewinegirl Member Posts: 4
    I know this forum is about closed since it's the end of the model year but I'm wondering if any of you can comment on what I should offer on a dealer demo.

I am looking at a 2014 AWD, Limited, Platinum Pearl Blizzard with Almond Interior. It's a never registered demo with 3800 miles. They haven't sent me the sticker but typically they are around $44k. What would make this a steal worth taking?
  • Options
    Demos can get weird. Lots of dealers don't seem to want to deal on them - maybe they are already "paid" for and it's not costing the dealer any interest to keep it on the lot or maybe Toyota gave it to the dealer as a bonus (those are usually called program cars, at least in house).

Dealers don't register demos because then they'd have to sell them as used cars. :)

Can Buying a Demo Car Save You Money?
  • Options
    jhk76jhk76 Member Posts: 12
    2014 fwd limited silver sky metallic. with 11k miles in nc. 1 personal owner. 

CARFAX 1-Owner, Toyota Certified, Superb Condition, Moonroof, Navigation, Third Row Seat, Heated Leather Seats, DVD Entertainment System, Captains Chairs, Head Airbag 

KEY FEATURES INCLUDE
    Leather Seats, Third Row Seat, Navigation, Sunroof, Quad Bucket Seats, Power Liftgate, Rear Air, Heated Driver Seat, Cooled Driver Seat, Back-Up Camera, Premium Sound System, Satellite Radio, iPod/MP3 Input, Aluminum Wheels, Dual Zone A/C. Rear Spoiler, MP3 Player, Remote Trunk Release, Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass.

$39,989

is this a good deal?  Or what should I offer?  Thanks. 
  • Options
    Seems a bit high - are you really shopping the Limited Platinum? That one should go for around $39,157 certified. You can play with the numbers here.
  • Options
    stever said:

Seems a bit high - are you really shopping the Limited Platinum? That one should go for around $39,157 certified. You can play with the numbers here.

Its not the Platinum. Just the limited. Dealer retail shows 38995 assuming it is in outstanding condition. Its been owned at the beach so salt air factors in i assume. Want to look at it but have no idea how to figure out what they have in it or what i could get it for. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    Dealers get funny about "what they have in it" - it really should boil down to what the car is worth. If the dealer paid too much for the car, that's their problem. I think I'd start $1,000 below the Edmunds CPO price and work my way up to the CPO price. And all the while, I'd be shopping new to see if there's enough of a price difference between new and used. I'm seeing $38,763 for a new 2015 Limited.

Even though it's a CPO car, it's not a bad idea to have your own mechanic give it a pre-purchase inspection.
  • Options
    How does this sound? Edmunds says invoice is $40,354, and TMV is $42946.

Here is a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited FWD in Black that we have available in our Company Inventory! We can sell this one to you for only $42,750 plus tax & fees!!! The Highlander will come with our Advantage which provides you with a LIFETIME Warranty on the FULL Powertrain: Engine, Transmission, Axles & Differential with Nationwide Acceptance!

***GREAT NEWS*** Here is a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited FWD in Black that we have available in our Company Inventory! We can sell this one to you for only $42,750 plus tax & fees!!! The Highlander will come with our Advantage which provides you with a LIFETIME Warranty on the FULL Powertrain: Engine, Transmission, Axles & Differential with Nationwide Acceptance!

6954 - FWD Limited V6 (6 Spd Auto)

Model Year:
    Transmission:
    6 Speed Automatic
    VIN:
    XXXXXXXXXXX047617
    Exterior:
    Attitude Black
    Interior:
    Black Leather
    Estimated Pricing*
    MSRP
    Base
    $39,840.00
    Options
    $3,808.00
    Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg
    $915.00
    Total
    $44,563.00

Driver Technology Package:$1,400
    · Includes Safety Connect
    · Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
    · Lane Departure Alert with Automatic High Beam Headlights
    Clear Paint Protection - Door Package $199
    · Includes:
    · Door Cups
    · Door Edge Guards
    · Rear Bumper Protector
    Clear Paint Protection - Hood Package
    $399
    · Includes:
    · Front of Hood
    · Front of Fender
    · Mirror Backs (if applicable)

Rear-Seat BluRay DVD Entertainment System
    $1,810
    · with 9-inch Display
    · RCA Jacks
    · Remote
    · Two Wireless Headphones

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty provides 3-year/36,000 mile basic coverage, 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain coverage, plus 5-year/unlimited mile corrosion perforation coverage.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @lok888 over in the 2015 discussion has a quote that sounds even better.

I don't get it; Toyota is the most shopped brand currently, gas prices are low so SUVs are selling really well and yet a couple of Toyota dealers are blowing the doors off.

Time to try to push for a number at invoice?