Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited September 2015 in Acura

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Acura MDX leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2015 MDX, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2015 Acura MDX page.

To see all forums discussions about the MDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura MDX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your new car impressions on Edmunds Consumer Reviews page.

See Also
2016 MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2014

FYI the 2015 MDXs are on some lots (maybe only one in LA) as much as I had hoped they would be motivated to start unloading 2014s their offer wasn't impressive.
    base SP $40,400 = $545 pre-tax w $1500 drive off - 12k 36 mos

I told them no thanks and of course they started calling and emailing. Sale manager said that 2015s will be leased at or close to MSRP until there is support from acura in a few months.

• 4apex4apex Member Posts: 8

I've been negotiating on a 2014 MDX FWD Tech but the monthly payment has been a bit high. I was hoping that the money factor would drop this July 7th but dealer said not to hold my breath as they have very few MDXs on the lot. SO he came back with a lease figure on a 2015 MDX FWD Tech that was a little better than what they were offering on the '14. He told me that even though the money factor on the '15 was a bit higher (the workup showed the MF at .00170) BUT he said that the residual was 4% higher (61%), so the higher residual resulted in a slightly lower payment on a '15. By the way, this was on a 15k lease.

I've searched the Edmunds forums and can't find a "2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions", so can the moderator provide the current Money factor and residual for an MDX Tech and MDX Tech+Entertainment at 15k miles? I understand that the MF and residual are the same for the AWD and FWD, correct?

Thanks!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

@4apex said:
    I've been negotiating on a 2014 MDX FWD Tech but the monthly payment has been a bit high. I was hoping that the money factor would drop this July 7th but dealer said not to hold my breath as they have very few MDXs on the lot. SO he came back with a lease figure on a 2015 MDX FWD Tech that was a little better than what they were offering on the '14. He told me that even though the money factor on the '15 was a bit higher (the workup showed the MF at .00170) BUT he said that the residual was 4% higher (61%), so the higher residual resulted in a slightly lower payment on a '15. By the way, this was on a 15k lease.

I've searched the Edmunds forums and can't find a "2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions", so can the moderator provide the current Money factor and residual for an MDX Tech and MDX Tech+Entertainment at 15k miles? I understand that the MF and residual are the same for the AWD and FWD, correct?

Thanks!

2014 numbers haven't changed, yet... Maybe, on July 8th..

2015 numbers are indeed .00170 MF and 61% for Tech and 60% for Tech/Ent. for 36mo, 15K/yr. And, they are the same for both FWD and AWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kenoberrykenoberry Member Posts: 8
    Assuming they'll change after the promotion that expired 7/7, I'm looking for revised numbers for 2014 MDX AWD + Tech for 36 mo, 15k. Same for 2015. Thanks!

@kenoberry said:
    Assuming they'll change after the promotion that expired 7/7, I'm looking for revised numbers for 2014 MDX AWD + Tech for 36 mo, 15k. Same for 2015. Thanks!

2014: .00103 MF and 55% residual

2015: .00164 MF and 61% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kenoberrykenoberry Member Posts: 8

Thanks, kyfdx

• jessesjjessesj Member Posts: 14

kyfdx, would you please provide residuals for 2014/2015 MDX FWD + Tech for 36 mos./15k miles? Thanks in advance.

@jessesj said:
    kyfdx, would you please provide residuals for 2014/2015 MDX FWD + Tech for 36 mos./15k miles? Thanks in advance.

.00103 MF and 55% residual for 2014

.00164 MF and 61% residual for 2015

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dinnyindinnyin Member Posts: 2
    Any thoughts on how good the new July/August lease offers are? Base only I think, but $0 down is only $550.
  • agillmanagillman Member Posts: 28

Can you please provide residuals and money factors in California - 36 months/15,000 miles - for an MDX AWD with Tech. Thank you!

@agillman said:
    Can you please provide residuals and money factors in California - 36 months/15,000 miles - for an MDX AWD with Tech. Thank you!

2015: .00164 MF and 61% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38

Do you know if there's MF reduction for autopay with Acura? Because I am current Mercedes Benz owner too, I know MF reduction is available for autopay and MSDs.

@pukimon311 said:
    Do you know if there's MF reduction for autopay with Acura? Because I am current Mercedes Benz owner too, I know MF reduction is available for autopay and MSDs.

Not that I know of..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38

@kyfdx‌ - thank you

• pr6147pr6147 Member Posts: 13

I got a quote for Acura MDX AWD with Tech Package in SD.
    Retail Price: 49,735
    Sale Price: 47,488
    Net Cap Cost: 48,282
    Term: 36 months
    Residual: 65%
    Mileage: 10k
    Monthly Payment: 580$

Is it good?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@pr6147 said:
    I got a quote for Acura MDX AWD with Tech Package in SD.
    Retail Price: 49,735
    Sale Price: 47,488
    Net Cap Cost: 48,282
    Term: 36 months
    Residual: 65%
    Mileage: 10k
    Monthly Payment: 580$

Is it good?

Base MF is .00164 - with the rest of your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $575.37.

How is tax applied to a lease in SD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

null
    They gave me the exact number. Said my monthly payment will be 576-586.
    I m new to this leasing so please let me know whether should I go ahead or look for alternatives

@pr6147 said:
    null
    They gave me the exact number. Said my monthly payment will be 576-586.
    I m new to this leasing so please let me know whether should I go ahead or look for alternatives

Only you can decide if the deal is good enough to sign for. I don't make decisions with other people's money :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell said:

Thanks for the info

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2014

can you share #'s for an advanced package AWD 36/15?

@jddssc121 said:
    can you share #'s for an advanced package AWD 36/15?

2015 MDX AWD Advance 36/15 - 59% and .00164

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

can you please tell me the residual value and MF on 2015 acura mdx with tech and tech+entert pkg for 10k and 12k miles in SD and NE. Thanks a lot

@pr6147 said:
    can you please tell me the residual value and MF on 2015 acura mdx with tech and tech+entert pkg for 10k and 12k miles in SD and NE. Thanks a lot

.00164 MF and 63% for AWD with tech. Subtract 1% for Tech+Ent. Add 1% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151

@Michaell said:

thank you sir!

• karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165

Leases on the 2015 MDX are not very good at this time. The .00164 MF is about 3.9 percent. That could result in additional monthly payments approaching $100 over a finance rate of .9 percent which Honda/Acura often uses to subvent their leases. Unless a lease is really necessary, probably better to wait a bit and see if Acura begins to subventions the MDX leases.

Leases are usually only a good bet when subvented by the OEM. This is one of the keys to a good lease.

@karhill1 said:
    Leases on the 2015 MDX are not very good at this time. The .00164 MF is about 3.9 percent. That could result in additional monthly payments approaching $100 over a finance rate of .9 percent which Honda/Acura often uses to subvent their leases. Unless a lease is really necessary, probably better to wait a bit and see if Acura begins to subventions the MDX leases.

Leases are usually only a good bet when subvented by the OEM. This is one of the keys to a good lease.

I would agree - lease numbers on brand new models (or a new model year) are not nearly as good as on the outgoing model or model year.

BMW seems to be the exception - the base MF for almost every model is .00130 for both 2014 and 2015.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tarheels71tarheels71 Member Posts: 4

Just picked up a '15 AWD with TECH for $551/month and $1315 down from Central NJ. Any comments on the numbers is appreciated. I worked a few dealers against one another for 3-4 days before settling at that. Thanks.

• adiiadii Member Posts: 2

tarheels71 which dealership you go to?

• adiiadii Member Posts: 2

@tarheels71 said:
    Just picked up a '15 AWD with TECH for $551/month and $1315 down from Central NJ. Any comments on the numbers is appreciated. I worked a few dealers against one another for 3-4 days before settling at that. Thanks.

WHICH DEALER DID YOU GO THROUGH.

Ocean, NJ

@adii said:
    tarheels71 which dealership you go to?

Ocean, NJ

@tarheels71 said:

Good deal, bad deal, average deal?? Any ideas?

@tarheels71 said:
    Just picked up a '15 AWD with TECH for $551/month and $1315 down from Central NJ. Any comments on the numbers is appreciated. I worked a few dealers against one another for 3-4 days before settling at that.

>

Good deal, bad deal, average deal?? Any ideas?

Hard to say .... lease term, miles per year? What was the MSRP and selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31

I would like to lease a 2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/ TECH package. MSRP is $49,735. What's the best deal I can get on this? Assume 36 months, 12k and 15k miles numbers ($0 down). Please be sure to share the sell price, money factor and residual value so I can double check the data the dealer gives me.

Can I get this for something like $540/month + tax? 0 down?

@soapdish616 said:
    I would like to lease a 2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/ TECH package. MSRP is $49,735. What's the best deal I can get on this? Assume 36 months, 12k and 15k miles numbers ($0 down). Please be sure to share the sell price, money factor and residual value so I can double check the data the dealer gives me.

Can I get this for something like $540/month + tax? 0 down?

.00124 or .00154 MF, depending on region. 62%/60% residual for 12K/15K per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165

I have been looking for a new MDX to replace my current MDX. However, as Acura is not currently subventing leases on the 2015 MDX, this may not be the best time to lease an MDX. Leases are always best when they are supported (subvented) by the OEM with attractive money factors (MF).

Acura's current 2015 MDX MFs do not seem very appealing. A MF of .00154 is over 3.5 percent. This MF results in payments around $90 or more a month over a MF reflective of Honda/Acura's .9 percent financing. Over a 36 month least period, that results in well over $3,000 in additional payments.

For such an amount, unless an exigency exits, it probably makes financial sense for many folks to postpone a lease of an MDX until the MF become more reasonable.

• soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31

Was just offered: 2015 MDX AWD with Tech Package.

Lease: 36 months, 15K
    Money Factor: .00124
    MSRP: $49,735
    Sell Price: $46,075
    Residual: 60%

Payment with tax: $602. Nothing down.

I'm thinking this is bare bones price what I have gotten it down to.... I'm surprised that they are using .00124 money factor on 15k?? or is this a mistake by the sales guy?

@soapdish616 said:
    Was just offered: 2015 MDX AWD with Tech Package.

Lease: 36 months, 15K
    Money Factor: .00124
    MSRP: $49,735
    Sell Price: $46,075
    Residual: 60%

Payment with tax: $602. Nothing down.

I'm thinking this is bare bones price what I have gotten it down to.... I'm surprised that they are using .00124 money factor on 15k?? or is this a mistake by the sales guy?

60% RV for 36/15 with a MF of .00124.

$545.08 pre-tax with your numbers; $602 seems a bit high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nj_mdxnj_mdx Member Posts: 8

Can you me the MF and RV for a 2015 MDX AWD w/Tech at 36 months and 10K miles/year in NJ?

@nj_mdx said:
    Can you me the MF and RV for a 2015 MDX AWD w/Tech at 36 months and 10K miles/year in NJ?

.00124 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• khkilliakhkillia Member Posts: 3
    I am posting this on the 2014 and 2015 forum...sorry if that isn't the best way to get the information on my question.

I got hosed on a BMW lease, which in turn made me really educate myself on lease's.

That being said, I spoke with a Manager at an Acura Dealership and he stated that Acura doesn't do MSD's to lower the Money Factor, but they do a "One-Pay Lease" that really lowers the MF. Is anyone familiar with the One-Pay Lease, what the MF is, the pros and cons, does it change the residual on the vehicle?

Thanks.
    khkillia said:

I am posting this on the 2014 and 2015 forum...sorry if that isn't the best way to get the information on my question.

I got hosed on a BMW lease, which in turn made me really educate myself on lease's.

That being said, I spoke with a Manager at an Acura Dealership and he stated that Acura doesn't do MSD's to lower the Money Factor, but they do a "One-Pay Lease" that really lowers the MF. Is anyone familiar with the One-Pay Lease, what the MF is, the pros and cons, does it change the residual on the vehicle?

Thanks.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/4178221/#Comment_4178221

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ozzynyc1ozzynyc1 Member Posts: 18
    I was just offered 2015 MDX SH-AWD base, 10k, 36 months for $480 (that includes NY taxes) and $1378 out of pocket (plates, bank and first month). I don't know the selling price. Does this seem to be a good deal? Thanks.
    ozzynyc1 said:

I was just offered 2015 MDX SH-AWD base, 10k, 36 months for $480 (that includes NY taxes) and $1378 out of pocket (plates, bank and first month). I don't know the selling price. Does this seem to be a good deal? Thanks.

Without knowing the MSRP and selling price, it's hard to fully evaluate your offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ozzynyc1ozzynyc1 Member Posts: 18

Msrp is $45460. I don't have the selling price 

ozzynyc1 said:

Msrp is $45460. I don't have the selling price 

The dealer should be willing to provide that to you ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jpkreddy11jpkreddy11 Member Posts: 2
    Please let me know the Residual and MF for the 2015 Acura MDX with Tech package in Michigan. I was offered a deal for 36/10k at $572/month and $833 at signing. The MSRP is 48840 (without destination) charges and selling price is 46530. Please let me know if this is a good deal.

Please let me know the Residual and MF for the 2015 Acura MDX with Tech package in Michigan. I was offered a deal for 36/10k at $572/month and $833 at signing. The MSRP is 48840 (without destination) charges and selling price is 46530. Please let me know if this is a good deal.

.00124 MF and 63% for 36/10.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $533.65/mo. 7-7.5% tax takes us to the $572/mo you were quoted.

Seems a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fancyladyfancylady Member Posts: 4
    What are current money factor rates and residual for 2015 mdx tech/ent 36 mos/12k for PA?
    fancylady said:

What are current money factor rates and residual for 2015 mdx tech/ent 36 mos/12k for PA?

.00124 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator