Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 24,404
    stickguy said:

OK Fezo, I started looking. I guess this Solar package is your holy grail? Kind of reminds me of trying to find a stick shift. rare as hens teeth!

I found this one also. Looks nice, low miles. and not garish red. A whole boatload more money of course, but everything is negotiable. This one is near me too. They even note right in the ad, how hard it is to find a solar package! Of course, if this price was close to real world market, I would spend the 25-26K and get a brand new one. The 2011 above is a much better deal.

http://www.toyotaofrunnemede.com/vehicle-details/2010-toyota-prius-iv-runnemede-nj-id-8430229

$20k for a 2010! 5 or 6 years old and it is still worth almost 80% of it's original cost? Put in a low ball offer of 12K....see if they are joking! Much better to go new in this case......no comparison.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,614
    yeah, the 2011 listed for 3K less is a much better starting point.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 5,474
    Yeah, this is nuts.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

stickguy said:

I work under the theory that if you are super picky about details like color, buy new. on used cars, need to be more flexible. Plus at least to me, the silver looks a lot better than lipstick red!

Totally agree........especially considering the price, condition and the miles etc.

occasionally you see dealers that go beyond fantasy to lunatic fringe territory. Of course, not likely they ever sell it for that kind of money. Not sure what they do if you walk in, write down $15,000 on the paper, and leave your number. Still not sure I would pay that much for a 5 YO one, but it does have low miles and the rare solar option.

Michaell said:

Subaru update - just got off the phone with the dealer. The Outback is in a railyard here in Colorado and is expected to be at the dealer a week from today (3/3/15). Guess I'll get the CX-7 cleaned up and take it to CarFax on Saturday for an estimate.

Salesman said he would email me a copy of the window sticker - which will be quite useful when planning our offer.

Good luck Michaell....so far your game of attack sounds on course. Interesting to see what CarFax says.

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who sold or traded in a car and bought a truck or SUV within the past month. If you're willing to help, please contact [email protected] by Friday, February 27, 2015.
  • fezofezo Manahawkin, NJPosts: 10,369
    Barcelona Red. My wife wants that. The blue would be an OK alternative but no more colors that aren't colors.

Yeah, she wants the sunroof and that's the way Toyota sells that.

Had seen the one in Mount Laurel. It's a level down and a year older and they want the same amount of money.

We'll see. To me silver is less a killer than black or grey. I will not own a white car.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    well, good luck. maybe the red one in NY will fall through on the other buyer.

Is what's his name still the UCM up in Paramus (where you got the Camry?) Someone in the business should be able to do some hunting. won't be CPO, but that does not seem to be too big a deal on them.

that, or expand the search and be ready to make a road trip. If you don't have a trade, why not?

looking on line, and widening the search, looks like that one in NY was a steal. If you are that picky about solar and Red, just bite the bullet and buy the new one. And should not have to every worry about getting your wife a car again, since it will last a long time.

We'll probably look at the silver one at Holman.

Once the oil issue is resolved we'll be handing the Camry over to my daughter and declaring the 15+ year old Accord dead.

A new one has not been ruled out.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    let me know if you go to Holman. I spent a lot of time there when I was looking. I'll come by to say hi and Heckle.

they are actually a nice dealer. and I had good luck with the internet guy (Chris something). If they have a new one that would meet your standards (I find it hard to tell from their listings which one has a solar package) put in an internet quote request, and you will actually get a real # back. Actually, I think you can just email them without picking out a specific unit, and they can find one for you.

Will do. That could be a good giggle.
    Apparently Internet guy is now Ryan. Whatever. I still think maybe a Mazda 3 hatchback could do the trick. Not the same mileage but still quite good. That's what I'd buy - with a different engine and transmission than the Mrs. would.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,602
    fezo said:

Apparently Internet guy is now Ryan. Whatever. I still think maybe a Mazda 3 hatchback could do the trick. Not the same mileage but still quite good. That's what I'd buy - with a different engine and transmission than the Mrs. would.

Don't buy the Prius for the mpg. Buy it because it is a roomy compact hatchback with mid size room that you like a lot. Stellar reliability and cheap maintenance is a nice benefit as well.
    Oh, right from the start that was a big attraction. I'm a big hatchback fan and the cargo space for a car that size is immense. Lots of passenger room, too.

Is it me or is this "blue" car black or grey?
    the 3 is a nice car. not as good a highway cruiser as a Camry is. But fun to drive.

I have never driven a Prius. but do find the seats comfortable, and like the package. Though not sure I could get used to the dash! But if you like it, the MPG is a nice bonus. My SIL got one to replace a 10 YO Civic last year, and loves her. she also commutes from Va. through the corner of DC, and I think the hybrid is perfect for that use.

the link you just included, why? No solar on that, is there? Not that I would buy from a local lot in Bethlehem! Oh, just for the color. Yeah, that looked Gray.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 23,390
    fezo said:

Oh, right from the start that was a big attraction. I'm a big hatchback fan and the cargo space for a car that size is immense. Lots of passenger room, too.

Is it me or is this "blue" car black or grey?

The carfax shows and accident 12/4/2012 and it was in dealer inventory in August. Then went to auction in November. Odd that it didn't sell? Now it is at a used car lot. That would be enough to concern me. What do some others think that it didn't sell in August through February?

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

I hadn't gotten that far yet. Saves me the trouble. Thanks.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,235
    @fezo‌

I say get what you want, new. Toyota is leasing these things super cheap. You deserve it. Then you buy it out in 3 years.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

nyccarguy said:

@fezo‌

I say get what you want, new. Toyota is leasing these things super cheap. You deserve it. Then you buy it out in 3 years.

Great idea nyc. Lease for 3 years and then buy it if you really like it...that way you get exactly the car you want, with a full warranty, and it should be good to last at least 10 years.....could cost less in the long run.

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,802
    But then you are stuck for 3 years if you don't like it. Ask me how I know. :p

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,855
    qbrozen said:

Leaf.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Leaf was just 2 years and I was stuck with that, too!
    You can add my 2006 Accord and my wife's Galant she leased for 4 years before we got together.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

Only 33 more months on my lease!

qbrozen said:

Not necessarily. Lease Busters if you are really stuck!

Still might be better than buying one and then selling it again.

is that a lease takeover service? Doesn't work for every manufacturer. Nissan doesn't allow it, for instance. I don't believe Honda does, either. Not sure about that one.

qbrozen said:

is that a lease takeover service? Doesn't work for every manufacturer. Nissan doesn't allow it, for instance. I don't believe Honda does, either. Not sure about that one.

It is a takeover service. Just out of curiosity.....what car did you lease and then not like, and why? I am sure any person could test drive a car, think they like it, buy or lease it, and then find out they don't like it - easy to happen...happens when some people get married too!

But, what happened to you?

• graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,442
    qbrozen said:

Leaf was just 2 years and I was stuck with that, too!
    You can add my 2006 Accord and my wife's Galant she leased for 4 years before we got together.

Q...I remember those Gallants being hot little numbers ar one point in time, with AWD and turbo motors way before that all became the rage (like now).
    2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC