Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 VW Passat Lease Questions

vokenvoken Member Posts: 21
edited April 2015 in Volkswagen
Can someone please advise on December MF, Residual, and Incentives for:

1) 2015 Passat 1.8T SE Auto 36/10K and 24/10K
2) 2015 Passat 1.8T SE w/Sun & Nav 36/10K and 24/10K

For the SE Auto 36/10K, one of the NY dealer quoted me $238/month + $1414 Taxes/Dealer fees. For the SE w/ Nav - $278/month + $1521 taxes/dealer fees. DMV cost could be somewhere $200 additional.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    voken said:

Can someone please advise on December MF, Residual, and Incentives for:

1) 2015 Passat 1.8T SE Auto 36/10K and 24/10K
    2) 2015 Passat 1.8T SE w/Sun & Nav 36/10K and 24/10K

For the SE Auto 36/10K, one of the NY dealer quoted me $238/month + $1414 Taxes/Dealer fees. For the SE w/ Nav - $278/month + $1521 taxes/dealer fees. DMV cost could be somewhere $200 additional.

.00038 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash
    Either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• autonut6autonut6 Member Posts: 17
    hi. I'm in Los Angeles. Can you confirm the current money factor, residual and lease cash for the 1.8T SE w/ Sun & Nav? Are there any dealer incentives in addition to the lease cash? Thanks!
  • autonut6autonut6 Member Posts: 17
    as follow up to my last question I want the residual value on 12K miles per year, 36 months. Thanks again.
    autonut6 said:

hi. I'm in Los Angeles. Can you confirm the current money factor, residual and lease cash for the 1.8T SE w/ Sun & Nav? Are there any dealer incentives in addition to the lease cash? Thanks!

autonut6 said:

as follow up to my last question I want the residual value on 12K miles per year, 36 months. Thanks again.

.00021 MF and 50% residual. $3500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nicko6nicko6 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Can someone please advise on March MF, Residual, and Incentives in Los Angeles for a:

2015 Passat 1.8T SE Auto 36/10K

nicko6 said:

Hi,

Can someone please advise on March MF, Residual, and Incentives in Los Angeles for a:

2015 Passat 1.8T SE Auto 36/10K

.00001 MF and 47% residual. $3500 dealer lease cash and $1000 customer bonus lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• marseille1344marseille1344 Member Posts: 25
    Can someone please advise on March MF, Residual, and Incentives for a 2015 Passat 1.8T SE w/Sun & Nav 36/10K in Florida?
  • marseille1344marseille1344 Member Posts: 25
    Miami to be precise

Can someone please advise on March MF, Residual, and Incentives for a 2015 Passat 1.8T SE w/Sun & Nav 36/10K in Florida?

VW program is nationwide.. just scroll up. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rjkoss1024rjkoss1024 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please advise me of the March MF and Residuals, potential incentives, for a 2015 Passat 1.8T SE with sunroof and navigation for a 36 month/15,000 mile lease? I was quoted $27,200 base after $1,000 lease cash.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Can someone please advise me of the March MF and Residuals, potential incentives, for a 2015 Passat 1.8T SE with sunroof and navigation for a 36 month/15,000 mile lease? I was quoted $27,200 base after $1,000 lease cash.

.00001 MF and 44% residual. $3500 dealer lease cash and $1000 customer bonus lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jimmydean7jimmydean7 Member Posts: 39
    Michaell: When the April numbers become available, could you please post the money factor, residual as well as cash back amounts for a 2015 Passat 1.8 (gas) with sunroof and navigation? Lease term is 3 years with 15 K per year. Any other information regarding the anticipated deal will also be appreciated. Thank you.

Michaell: When the April numbers become available, could you please post the money factor, residual as well as cash back amounts for a 2015 Passat 1.8 (gas) with sunroof and navigation? Lease term is 3 years with 15 K per year. Any other information regarding the anticipated deal will also be appreciated. Thank you.

.00020 MF and 47% residual. $3000 dealer lease cash + $1000 customer lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell:
    Do you see anything that I am missing in arriving at the best lease price on a Passat 1.8 with Nav and Sunroof with a term of 3 years and 15 K miles per year?
    MSRP 29,105, residual of 47% ($13679) Dealer Discount ($1305)VW Adm Fee ($650) Factor (.00020) Cap Cost ($24,450 with VW Fee rolled in). Due at signing first pay't plus veh. registration fees. Monthly payment with interest $307. without tax. It looks pretty straight forward with numbers confirmed with Edmonds sources. I have seen lower numbers in the past for the same car but residuals and factors were different. Do you think there is any more room for me to seek out in this deal?

Michaell:
    Do you see anything that I am missing in arriving at the best lease price on a Passat 1.8 with Nav and Sunroof with a term of 3 years and 15 K miles per year?
    MSRP 29,105, residual of 47% ($13679) Dealer Discount ($1305)VW Adm Fee ($650) Factor (.00020) Cap Cost ($24,450 with VW Fee rolled in). Due at signing first pay't plus veh. registration fees. Monthly payment with interest $307. without tax. It looks pretty straight forward with numbers confirmed with Edmonds sources. I have seen lower numbers in the past for the same car but residuals and factors were different. Do you think there is any more room for me to seek out in this deal?

I confirm the MF and residual, but there is also $3000 lease cash available that the dealer can give to you .. is that reflected in the cap cost?

I get the same pre-tax payment you do with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell:

It looks pretty good and the calculations are correct.

The advertised lease on that model only has a dealer discount of $682, so you are over $600 better than that, with no markups..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michael:
    The 3,000 and 1,000 lease cash together with the dealer discount plus the VW Adm fee were used in getting from the MSRP to the Cap Cost. 29,105 less 3,000 less 1,000 less 1,305 plus 650 = 24,450.

Michael:
    The 3,000 and 1,000 lease cash together with the dealer discount plus the VW Adm fee were used in getting from the MSRP to the Cap Cost. 29,105 less 3,000 less 1,000 less 1,305 plus 650 = 24,450.

makes perfect sense .. thanks

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jrm1985jrm1985 Member Posts: 16
    what are the current lease terms for a TDI SE 12k at 36 months or 15k at 36 months? dealer quoted me at

.00020 money factor
    57% residual
    For 12k at 36 months for a TDI SE with 1k lease cash
    jrm1985 said:

what are the current lease terms for a TDI SE 12k at 36 months or 15k at 36 months? dealer quoted me at

.00020 money factor
    57% residual
    For 12k at 36 months for a TDI SE with 1k lease cash

Those are the same numbers that we have..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell: What are the current month numbers for a 36 Month - 15K per year lease on a Passat Sport? ie. money factor, residual, cash back and any other gems of wisdom.....
    Thank you.

Michaell: What are the current month numbers for a 36 Month - 15K per year lease on a Passat Sport? ie. money factor, residual, cash back and any other gems of wisdom.....
    Thank you.

.00020 MF and 47% residual. $3000 dealer lease cash and $1000 customer lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlanmlan Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    2015 Passat SE Auto 1.8, quoted $300/month for 36 month lease with 12k. Negotiated price down to $22,173 and that's how I ended up at $300...and that's with tax, titles, fees, everything rolled in, $0 out of pocket. Is that a good price? Thanks!
    mlan said:

2015 Passat SE Auto 1.8, quoted $300/month for 36 month lease with 12k. Negotiated price down to $22,173 and that's how I ended up at $300...and that's with tax, titles, fees, everything rolled in, $0 out of pocket. Is that a good price? Thanks!

What was the MSRP?

What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mlanmlan Member Posts: 2
    Hi Michaell: MSRP is $27,100. State is Virginia, believe the tax rate is 4.05%. Thank you!
    mlan said:

Hi Michaell: MSRP is $27,100. State is Virginia, believe the tax rate is 4.05%. Thank you!

.00020 and 49% for the Passat SE.

With your numbers, I get $254.15/mo pre-tax. However, I believe VA is one of the states that applies sales tax to the entire purchase price. So, $300/mo seems pretty reasonable given that.

Enjoy your new Passat!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gbc9gbc9 Member Posts: 3
    Can someone tell me if this seems like a good deal for a 1.8 SE w/Nav + sunroof in Florida?  Or should I try to squeeze more out?:
    MSRP 29,295
    Residual 50%
    Sell Price 25,700
    Adjusted Cap Cost 25,249
    MF .0002

36 month lease w/ 10k miles per year

I got a $2,500 down (incl fees, inceptions, etc) and a monthly payment of 320 with tax.  NOTE:  deal includes maintenance program through end of lease and excess wear protection for lease end. (Would've been 300 without excess wear protection).

Honda was offering 2,500 down and 318 monthly payment (tax included) for Accord EX-L with Nav.  However, no maintenance or wear protection and who knows what else if I made it to the dealer to negotiate :)
    gbc9 said:

Can someone tell me if this seems like a good deal for a 1.8 SE w/Nav + sunroof in Florida?  Or should I try to squeeze more out?:
    MSRP 29,295
    Residual 50%
    Sell Price 25,700
    Adjusted Cap Cost 25,249
    MF .0002

I got a $2,500 down (incl fees, inceptions, etc) and a monthly payment of 320 with tax.  NOTE:  deal includes maintenance program through end of lease and excess wear protection for lease end. (Would've been 300 without excess wear protection).

Honda was offering 2,500 down and 318 monthly payment (tax included) for Accord EX-L with Nav.  However, no maintenance or wear protection and who knows what else if I made it to the dealer to negotiate :)

I get $302/mo.+tax, so the calculations are right..

But, there are $4000 of incentives to lease this model, right now.. $3000 dealer + $1000 customer. Seems like your selling price should be under $25K.

Find out how much you are paying for LEWP. That might be adding more on to the deal than it's worth.. The maintenance plan might be pricy, as well.. if it's more than the two years that VW offers for free.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

gbc9 said:

MSRP 29,295
    Residual 50%
    Sell Price 25,700
    Adjusted Cap Cost 25,249
    MF .0002

But, there are $4000 of incentives to lease this model, right now.. $3000 dealer + $1000 customer. Seems like your selling price should be under $25K.

Find out how much you are paying for LEWP. That might be adding more on to the deal than it's worth.. The maintenance plan might be pricy, as well.. if it's more than the two years that VW offers for free.
    LEWP is 707 total for the 3 years, so about 20 per month. (I have 2 kids under 3yrs old and noticed they defined "normal wear" as "scratches less than 2 inches"... I'm sure the car will have a few 3 years from now)
    Maintenance is 1st year Free, then 149 to cover the next 2 years.
    Negotiated to get tints + all weather mats into deal also (not included in original MSRP)

I've gotta say, I WAS confused with the selling price. I was shopping through TrueCar and the dealer manager knew this so he sent me a screenshot of a selling price of 22,500 with a monthly payment of 319. I didn't know all the math behind this but figured a 22,500 selling price was good enough... When I got there, I continued to push and he told me the payment would be 299 (w/o LEWP), so I figured the selling price had decreased even further... I was then surprised to see a selling price of 25K at the end (even though the monthly payment was what he communicated). They explained this difference was due to the way certain costs are rolled up into the final price when you're leasing vs buying and that I DID in fact get a lower price than the TrueCar value at the time...
    gbc9 said:

kyfdx said:

gbc9 said:

MSRP 29,295
    Residual 50%
    Sell Price 25,700
    Adjusted Cap Cost 25,249
    MF .0002

LEWP is 707 total for the 3 years, so about 20 per month. (I have 2 kids under 3yrs old and noticed they defined "normal wear" as "scratches less than 2 inches"... I'm sure the car will have a few 3 years from now)
    Maintenance is 1st year Free, then 149 to cover the next 2 years.
    Negotiated to get tints + all weather mats into deal also (not included in original MSRP)

I've gotta say, I WAS confused with the selling price. I was shopping through TrueCar and the dealer manager knew this so he sent me a screenshot of a selling price of 22,500 with a monthly payment of 319. I didn't know all the math behind this but figured a 22,500 selling price was good enough... When I got there, I continued to push and he told me the payment would be 299 (w/o LEWP), so I figured the selling price had decreased even further... I was then surprised to see a selling price of 25K at the end (even though the monthly payment was what he communicated). They explained this difference was due to the way certain costs are rolled up into the final price when you're leasing vs buying and that I DID in fact get a lower price than the TrueCar value at the time...
    Not sure how true all of that is... In the end, did I get a good deal or not?
    Thanks!
  • ChrismaxChrismax Member Posts: 87
    @gbc9-i think you can go lower than that. I leased at 2015 Passat SE with Sun and Nav, sticker was $29345. 3 years, 12K miles per year and this includes the scheduled maint. at 10k, 20k and 30k. My payment is $265 per month. Zero down, includes the tax in the payment. I am in IL, not sure what the tax situation is in FL. I also had 2 payments left on my 2012 passat that were rolled in to the new one.
    Given the extra costs for LEWP and maintenance, it's about equal to the nationally advertised deal.. So, it's a decent deal.. With the $4000 in incentives, it makes for a fairly cost-efficient lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Please provide MF/RV for 2015 Passat 1.8T S, 1.8T limited edition and SE w/Navi for 36/12k. Any other incentives to consider?
    Thanks
    kar_freak said:

Please provide MF/RV for 2015 Passat 1.8T S, 1.8T limited edition and SE w/Navi for 36/12k. Any other incentives to consider?
    Thanks

.00001 MF for all trims

1.8T S: 48% residual. $3000 lease cash
    1.8T LE: 54% residual. $1250 lease cash
    1.8T SE: 48% residual. $4000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

Do you have may numbers for 36mo/12k on a tdi SE with sunroof as well as any other current incentives? Also for sun and nav if they are different.

Thanks!
    RonA13 said:

Hi,

Do you have may numbers for 36mo/12k on a tdi SE with sunroof as well as any other current incentives? Also for sun and nav if they are different.

Thanks!

.00001 and 56%. $1250 lease cash. Specific options or package groups do not change these numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vision4bgvision4bg Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Hi there,

Does someone have the money factor, residual value and incentives for the following vehicles? I am in Northern California. 36 months/10k per year.

1.8T Limited Edition
    1.8T SE w/ Nav and Sunroof

Thanks
    vision4bg said:
    Hi there, Does someone have the money factor, residual value and incentives for the following vehicles? I am in Northern California. 36 months/10k per year. 1.8T Limited Edition 1.8T SE w/ Nav and Sunroof Thanks
    .00001 MF for both

Ltd Ed - 55% and $1250 lease cash

SE - 49% and $4000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mittencuhmittencuh Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    I'm looking for a manual SE TDI. Assuming the MF is .00001, what's the residuals look like for this model 36/12 and 36/15? How about lease cash? Thanks!
    mittencuh said:

I'm looking for a manual SE TDI. Assuming the MF is .00001, what's the residuals look like for this model 36/12 and 36/15? How about lease cash? Thanks!

54% for 36/15; add 2% for 12K. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shonuffharlemshonuffharlem Member Posts: 1
    ccorcoran said:

@gbc9-i think you can go lower than that. I leased at 2015 Passat SE with Sun and Nav, sticker was $29345. 3 years, 12K miles per year and this includes the scheduled maint. at 10k, 20k and 30k. My payment is $265 per month. Zero down, includes the tax in the payment. I am in IL, not sure what the tax situation is in FL. I also had 2 payments left on my 2012 passat that were rolled in to the new one.

I am looking for the exact same model (without needing to rollover any payments), but with 10k miles. I'm getting quotes like $340-350 though how to get more towards your #. Florida as well, and as far as I know FL is just sales tax (6% in my county) on top of the lease payment - not on whole price of car.
  • mike19812mike19812 Member Posts: 3
    Im in IL, and got a quote (over the phone that they assure me is correct even a few times) which follows: 2015 Passat SE with SUN/Nav 12k miles/36months with $1900 down. Taxes and fees all rolled in for a $240 monthly payment. MSRP 29,160.00 and selling price is 22,851.00 NET CAP COST $22,609.22 with .0001 residual. Let me know what you all think.
    mike19812 said:

Im in IL, and got a quote (over the phone that they assure me is correct even a few times) which follows: 2015 Passat SE with SUN/Nav 12k miles/36months with $1900 down. Taxes and fees all rolled in for a $240 monthly payment. MSRP 29,160.00 and selling price is 22,851.00 NET CAP COST $22,609.22 with .0001 residual. Let me know what you all think.

48% residual for 36/12 on the Passat SE; .00001 MF is correct.

Using your MSRP and Net Cap Cost, I get $240/mo also. Killer deal on a car that stickers for $29K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mike19812mike19812 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

mike19812 said:

48% residual for 36/12 on the Passat SE; .00001 MF is correct.

Using your MSRP and Net Cap Cost, I get $240/mo also. Killer deal on a car that stickers for $29K.
    Yep, I thought so, too. Thanks for checking.
  • ChrismaxChrismax Member Posts: 87
    Just curious, but why $1900 down? If you dont put that down, your payment is roughly $292. You should be able to do better without having to put money down. I had 2 payments left on my 2012 lease that i rolled in to my new lease and i am at $265. I would think you should be below that if you are not rolling anything into it.
  • terich75terich75 Member Posts: 2
    What should I be looking for MF & Residual for a 2015 Passat 4dr Sdn 2.0L TDI DSG SEL Premium. Also is there any lease cash on the SEL TDI?

It's in Texas, MSRP is $35,155, they're advertising $5k off. Which looks like ~$2500 on top of the ~$2500 true car price below MSRP.
    terich75 said:

What should I be looking for MF & Residual for a 2015 Passat 4dr Sdn 2.0L TDI DSG SEL Premium. Also is there any lease cash on the SEL TDI?

It's in Texas, MSRP is $35,155, they're advertising $5k off. Which looks like ~$2500 on top of the ~$2500 true car price below MSRP.

.00001 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flagrl2flagrl2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi kyfdx,

Could you please help me? I am looking to lease before EOM and need the June MF, Residual, and Dealer Incentives to negotiate for either of the following I am considering:

1) 2015 Passat 1.8T SE Auto 36/12K and 36/15k
    2) 2015 Passat 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition 36/12K and 36/15k
    3) 2015 Passat 1.8T Limited Edition 36/12K and 36/15k
    4) 2015 Passat 1.8T Sport 36/12K and 36/15k

Thank you!!

FLAGRL
    flagrl2 said:

Hi kyfdx,

Could you please help me? I am looking to lease before EOM and need the June MF, Residual, and Dealer Incentives to negotiate for either of the following I am considering:

1) 2015 Passat 1.8T SE Auto 36/12K and 36/15k
    2) 2015 Passat 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition 36/12K and 36/15k
    3) 2015 Passat 1.8T Limited Edition 36/12K and 36/15k
    4) 2015 Passat 1.8T Sport 36/12K and 36/15k

Thank you!!

FLAGRL

36/15 numbers:
    All Passats have a .00001 MF this month
    SE / Sport - 46% and $4000 lease cash
    Wolfsburg - 48% and $3000 lease cash
    Ltd Edition - 52% and $1250 lease cash

Add 2% for 12K miles per year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jtem210508jtem210508 Member Posts: 24
    Sent the following to a dealer in Indiana:

2015 SE w/ Sun/Nav (MSRP: $29,325). Offered $26,750 - $4,000 lease cash = $22,750 plus $1,000 equity on my trade = final price of $21,750. Payment with current MF and RV would be ~$231/mo. This was just to get them started...

They came back and said invoice is $28,232 which is what they would sell for, minus $4,000 lease cash and $1,000 for trade = $23,232. They say payment would be $317.44/mo but I get $275.

Furthermore they say even if they sold to me at my numbers the payment would be $273/mo.

Am I missing something? I know my offer was low but it was a starting point. The dealer just seems off to me.