Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    Thank you. Looks like I got a good offer from the dealer after all.
  • dallasazcatdallasazcat Member Posts: 11
    I'm wanting to lease a loaded Energi Titanium, but the first quote was $520 for a 36 month lease!?!? After reading this message board, it seems that's about $200/month too high. How can they be so far off?

Any insight on what I *should* expect to pay would be appreciated. I'm even a USAA member and had already been given a $3700 discount for a purchase.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

I'm wanting to lease a loaded Energi Titanium, but the first quote was $520 for a 36 month lease!?!? After reading this message board, it seems that's about $200/month too high. How can they be so far off?

Any insight on what I *should* expect to pay would be appreciated. I'm even a USAA member and had already been given a $3700 discount for a purchase.

How many miles per year are you looking for?

What state do you live it? Tax obligations for a lease vary - you could live in a state that taxes the entire selling price, which would increase your payment.

We would need to know the MSRP and net cap cost for the lease, in addition to the above information, to help you figure out your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sorry I should have included that. I was quoted a 10,500 mile lease. I am in AZ. The MSRP is $42,380. For a purchase I was quoted $37,907, but haven't been quoted a net cost for a lease (I believe there's a lease offer for this month, need to find out if that's in addition to the USAA discount I already have).

Thank you!
    They're saying the residual is 49% and the money factor is 2.25

Sorry I should have included that. I was quoted a 10,500 mile lease. I am in AZ. The MSRP is $42,380. For a purchase I was quoted $37,907, but haven't been quoted a net cost for a lease (I believe there's a lease offer for this month, need to find out if that's in addition to the USAA discount I already have).

My numbers show 45% for Fusion Energi Titanium 36/10.5 and .25% MF. $7257 lease cash.

The above are for the 2015 model year; are you looking at a 2016?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Yes, this is a 2016.
    Any advice on what I *should* be paying for a lease with that information would be great.
  • ec1ec1 Member Posts: 74
    Michaell,

Do you have the current residual and lease cash for a fusion Energy SE and Fusion Energy Titanium for 12K and 15K (2015)? I am in TN. Thanks,
    I forgot to mention 24 months.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    ec1 said:

Michaell,

Do you have the current residual and lease cash for a fusion Energy SE and Fusion Energy Titanium for 12K and 15K (2015)? I am in TN. Thanks,

There are no 2015 Fusion lease numbers offered for October

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bodango2016bodango2016 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    Hi, I'm trying to close a deal on a 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium. Just stumbled upon this forum and was hoping to get a thumbs-up from the great minds in here...

State: CA
    Model: 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
    24 month lease, 12,000 mi/yr
    Total configured MSRP: $38,840
    Incentives/rebates: $6,257
    Downpayment $3,500 cash
    Monthly: $350/mo including taxes (includes Ford WearCare protection package)

I also qualify for a $1,500 rebate from the state of CA, AFTER the lease is signed but I need to sign a 36 month lease to qualify for that rebate.

So, good deal? Thanks in advance for your guidance!
    edited October 2015

Hi, I'm trying to close a deal on a 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium. Just stumbled upon this forum and was hoping to get a thumbs-up from the great minds in here...

Downpayment $3,500 cash

I also qualify for a $1,500 rebate from the state of CA, AFTER the lease is signed but I need to sign a 36 month lease to qualify for that rebate.

0.75% APR and 55% residual.

What is the selling price of the vehicle. Surely, you get a discount besides the incentive/rebate?

Really need to know the adjusted CAP cost

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bodango2016bodango2016 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Adjusted CAP cost is $29,450

Redid the lease as a 3 year lease to avail of the $1,500 rebate... here are the new numbers:

36 month lease, 12,000 mi/yr
    Downpayment $3,500 ($3,500 total up-front payment includes 1st month lease payment, registration etc.)
    Quoted monthly: $335/mo including taxes (includes Ford WearCare protection package)

Seems high since they quoted $350 for a 24 month lease, same everything else... (I will get the $1,500 back from CA but that shouldn't figure in their calculations, right?)

Thanks again :)
    kyfdx said:

Downpayment $3,500 cash

0.75% APR and 55% residual.

What is the selling price of the vehicle. Surely, you get a discount besides the incentive/rebate?

Really need to know the adjusted CAP cost

@bodango2016 0.25% APR and 47% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

With that MSRP and CAP, I get about $316/mo. Add in taxes and it's pretty close.

No, the $1500 you get back later shouldn't matter on the price.

I just wonder if you could get more of a discount. Most of the money off MSRP is a rebate and your own downpayment. Not that I have any experience shopping for a Ford.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,

Do you know if the 36 mo/12K residuals for 2016 Fusion Energi vary for the SE and Titanium trims? Do you have the APR, residual and lease incentive rebates for TN?
    edited October 2015
    ec1 said:

kyfdx,

Do you know if the 36 mo/12K residuals for 2016 Fusion Energi vary for the SE and Titanium trims? Do you have the APR, residual and lease incentive rebates for TN?

0.50% APR and 47% residual. $6007 lease cash

No difference between the two trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,

Thanks very much. Can you tell me the residual change going from 12K miles to 15K? This forum has been really helpful.
    ec1 said:

kyfdx,

Thanks very much. Can you tell me the residual change going from 12K miles to 15K? This forum has been really helpful.

Subtract 2%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,

The Ford website shows a lease deal for 2015 Energi $219 per month with $3,649 due at signing. The detail shows $8,007 lease cash (PGM #50332). Any chance you have residual and money factor? (Southeast) I'll likely get a 2016 in the next month, just want to make sure I'm not missing a potential savings with a 2015.Thanks again for all your help,
    ec1 said:

kyfdx,

The Ford website shows a lease deal for 2015 Energi $219 per month with $3,649 due at signing. The detail shows $8,007 lease cash (PGM #50332). Any chance you have residual and money factor? (Southeast) I'll likely get a 2016 in the next month, just want to make sure I'm not missing a potential savings with a 2015.Thanks again for all your help,

I don't see that deal.. what lease term/mileage?

I do see the $8007 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Here are the details from the ford incentives/offers website:

$219 /mo. for 36 mos.
    Ford Credit Red Carpet Lease
    $3649 Cash Due at Signing

Security deposit waived
    Taxes, title and license fees extra
    With 700A Equipment Group. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit Red Carpet Lease. Payments may vary; dealer determines price. Residency restrictions apply. Cash due at signing is after $8,007 cash back (PGM #50332). Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 31,500 miles at $0.20 per mile. Lessee has option to purchase vehicle at lease end at price negotiated with dealer at signing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/4/16. See dealer for qualifications and complete details. Vehicle shown may have optional equipment not included in payment.
    I noted the MSRP was dropped by $900 for 2016 - I'm guessing that along with a reduced residual may eliminate the benefit of increased lease cash on the 2015 models. Thanks again for your help.
    ec1 said:

I noted the MSRP was dropped by $900 for 2016 - I'm guessing that along with a reduced residual may eliminate the benefit of increased lease cash on the 2015 models. Thanks again for your help.

2015: 0.25% APR and 43% residual for 36mo, 10.5K/yr. $8007 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi, I was wondering if I could have the MF and residuals for the following:

2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
    2 year
    10,000 miles
    Zip code: 95628

Thank you in advance!
    verdugo said:

2 year
    10,000 miles

Thank you in advance!

56% and .75% MF. $6007 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• skyeyes70skyeyes70 Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping to get some feedback. I'm looking at a 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium MSRP $40650. My price after savings and rebate is 33147 plus tax, tag, doc fee for a total of 36451.34. I can finance at 72 months for 0%. The lease offer is..after rebate (8007) and the adjusted cap cost is 29,328.70 with a residual value of 16260.
    Total monthly payment 459.15
    We were not even considering a lease until we got to the dealership tonight to sign papers. I told them I would come back tomorrow with a decision. Any advise.
    Typically, we keep our cars so I could see us either paying the 6 years on the loan or leasing for 3 and then buying.
    skyeyes70 said:

I am hoping to get some feedback. I'm looking at a 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium MSRP $40650. My price after savings and rebate is 33147 plus tax, tag, doc fee for a total of 36451.34. I can finance at 72 months for 0%. The lease offer is..after rebate (8007) and the adjusted cap cost is 29,328.70 with a residual value of 16260.
    We were not even considering a lease until we got to the dealership tonight to sign papers. I told them I would come back tomorrow with a decision. Any advise.
    Typically, we keep our cars so I could see us either paying the 6 years on the loan or leasing for 3 and then buying.

I'm not sure about which is better number-wise.

However, I can tell you that leasing and then buying that vehicle is a bad idea. One reason why leases are so cheap (in addition to low interest rates) is that manufacturers set a high residual.

If you buy your car after the lease end, you're going to pay more than what a comparable 3 year-old car with the same amount of miles would cost.

I think you're better off buying because you're going to hold on to the car for a while.
    Michaell said:

verdugo said:

2 year
    10,000 miles

Thank you in advance!

56% and .75% MF. $6007 lease cash.
    Thank you as usual. You guys rock.
    verdugo said:

skyeyes70 said:

I'm not sure about which is better number-wise.

However, I can tell you that leasing and then buying that vehicle is a bad idea. One reason why leases are so cheap (in addition to low interest rates) is that manufacturers set a high residual.

If you buy your car after the lease end, you're going to pay more than what a comparable 3 year-old car with the same amount of miles would cost.

I think you're better off buying because you're going to hold on to the car for a while.
    What he said ... if you can get 0% on a purchase, that's free money. When you go to buy the car at the end of the lease term, I'm pretty certain you won't get 0% to finance your used car. And, you'll have paid interest on the lease, even though it's a small amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• skyeyes70skyeyes70 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot guys! That was my gut feeling and crunching the numbers isn't always easy with the leases. We'll be buying today.
    This forum has been really helpful. I wanted to share the detail of my lease.

2015 Energi Titanium - 36 month/15K per year
    MSRP 39,905
    Selling Price before rebates: 33,900
    Residual: 15,962 (40%)
    Money Factor 1.98%
    Lease Rebate: 8,007
    Farm Bureau Rebate :500
    Competitive Lease: 250
    Acquisition Fee: 645
    Doc Fee: 499
    State Sales Tax: 716
    Local Sales Tax and Tag fees: 345
    Total out of pocket including first month: 1,500
    Monthly $309 (including 20 tax)

Top tier credit - so the money factor was marked up significantly - offsetting some of the discount - but still seemed like a nice price for the car.

Correction: The lease cash was 9,007 (not 8,007)
    ec1 said:

This forum has been really helpful. I wanted to share the detail of my lease.

2015 Energi Titanium - 36 month/15K per year
    MSRP 39,905
    Selling Price before rebates: 33,900
    Residual: 15,962 (40%)
    Money Factor 1.98%
    Lease Rebate: 8,007
    Farm Bureau Rebate :500
    Competitive Lease: 250
    Acquisition Fee: 645
    Doc Fee: 499
    State Sales Tax: 716
    Local Sales Tax and Tag fees: 345
    Total out of pocket including first month: 1,500
    Monthly $309 (including 20 tax)

Top tier credit - so the money factor was marked up significantly - offsetting some of the discount - but still seemed like a nice price for the car.

Wow - $309/mo for a $40K car? Nice deal. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your numbers with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• calitonccalitonc Member Posts: 28
    Looking for some help. Trying to decide between a hybrid titanium and energi titanium. Are the incentives different on these cars? If so what are they, and also what are the mf and residuals for each? Lastly is their a difference in incentives, mf and residuals for 2015 vs 2016? Thanks much in advance for any help on this. Once i decide i usually fax several dealers and let them make me their best offer, and then give it one more round to see who gives me best price. No sitting around for 5 hrs negotiating. Just gotta know the facts going in. Thank you folks!!!
    Oops 15k/ 36 mo on above
    calitonc said:

Looking for some help. Trying to decide between a hybrid titanium and energi titanium. Are the incentives different on these cars? If so what are they, and also what are the mf and residuals for each? Lastly is their a difference in incentives, mf and residuals for 2015 vs 2016? Thanks much in advance for any help on this. Once i decide i usually fax several dealers and let them make me their best offer, and then give it one more round to see who gives me best price. No sitting around for 5 hrs negotiating. Just gotta know the facts going in. Thank you folks!!!

Which state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry North Carolina
    calitonc said:

calitonc said:

Oops 15k/ 36 mo on above

calitonc said:

Sorry North Carolina

2.25% APR and 53% residual for Hybrid
    0.25% APR and 45% residual for Energi. $5507 lease cash

Those are 2016 numbers, as there is no lease program for 2015 Hybrid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you sir! man those are tough numbers! Not sure how others are getting prices in the $300 range for leases on these cars. The Money factor on the Energi is great, but terrible on the hybrid, and the residual isn't good at all either. Anyone got any ideas onthese cars? Thanks in advance! I was hoping to have a payment in the $300.00-$350.00 range.Perhaps Im looking at the wrong car...
    Can you please provide the lease numbers on ford fusion SE and titanium in NC for 24 and 36 month lease? thanks much!!
    calitonc said:

Can you please provide the lease numbers on ford fusion SE and titanium in NC for 24 and 36 month lease? thanks much!!

49% and 1.25% for 24/15

40% and .50% for 36/15

$7757 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you much appreciated!
  • zepzosozepzoso Member Posts: 1
    Hi from Wisconsin

Looking to lease a 2015 Fusion Energi  Titanium
    MSRP $42320 36 month 10500 miles

Could you provide
    Money factor
    Residual
    any incentives for the area.
    Thanx in advance

zepzoso said:

Hi from Wisconsin

Looking to lease a 2015 Fusion Energi  Titanium
    MSRP $42320 36 month 10500 miles

Could you provide
    Money factor
    Residual
    any incentives for the area.
    Thanx in advance

0.25% APR and 43% residual. $8007 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• david952david952 Member Posts: 2
    I have been quoted $395/mo $1,500 down and 16.5 mi per year for a Ford Fusion Titanium Energi with a cap of $29K; 2 year Ford lease. The car has all the options EXECEPT FOR parking assist, heated wheel, and vented seats.

Please let me know if this is a good deal

• bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    Looking for Incentive information and residuals and MF on a 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium in Northern California. Thx
    david952 said:

I have been quoted $395/mo $1,500 down and 16.5 mi per year for a Ford Fusion Titanium Energi with a cap of $29K; 2 year Ford lease. The car has all the options EXECEPT FOR parking assist, heated wheel, and vented seats.

What state is this?

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

bond007jb said:

Looking for Incentive information and residuals and MF on a 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium in Northern California. Thx

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• david952david952 Member Posts: 2

the State is PA and the MSRP is $40K