Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo S60 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    chrisls said:

I finally got a salesperson to quote me some MF and residual numbers. I'll copy/paste his answer here:

MSRP: $43,325
    Sale Price: 33,100 (after all incentives)
    $0 drive off and $0 down.
    36/10k
    MF: 0.00040
    Residual: 49%
    Payment: $362+tax

"The residual on the Inscription hasn't been 57% in a couple of months. The programs are only valid for 30 days at a time and change every single month. Since 2016 production ended a couple of months ago, and the model year is almost completely gone, and the 2017's are almost here, the residual is dropping monthly. We are never allowed to change Volvo's specified residual. 49% is where it is at for 10k miles, 48% for 12k and 46% for 15k for a premier. Drop that another 3% for Platinum. The dealer does have the discretion to create a spread between buy and sell rate on the money factor in order to earn a little bit on the lease financing. Our spread is typically 0.00010. Because of the huge discount on the front end (utilizing every penny of factory to dealer incentive money, bonus money, lease money, etc.), we don't make any money on the front end of a lease special, especially if we have discounted it down even more than what we advertise, which is what we did for you. If I can't make a measly 0.00010 on the back-end//financing, I'll go broke."

If this is their lowest then I'm not sure how much more haggling will get me. But do these numbers add up to you? I guess it makes sense that the cars are depreciating even while sitting on the lot so getting 57% residual in May might be harder than getting it in December.

I get $351/mo with those numbers; confirm the cap cost.

I agree that the numbers change monthly. I agree that the residual value goes down over the course of the model year; the MF tends to drop, as well, to compensate. I agree that the dealer can mark up the MF for more profit. I agree that higher trim levels have lower residuals.

I cannot evaluate whether there is more room to negotiate on this deal. $10K off sticker is a gigantic discount, so I understand the dealers desire to mark up the MF just a bit - they are, in the end, in business to make money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,716
    @chrisis Don't lose a deal over a .00010 markup. That's about $6/mo.

ZERO drive-off and $362/mo+tax looks cheap.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chrislschrisls Member Posts: 4
    @Michaell & @kyfdx Thank you for the advice.
  • chrismurray71chrismurray71 Member Posts: 12
    Do we have a MF and residual for Polestar S60 or V60s? Getting a quote soon and want to check the math. Thanks!

Do we have a MF and residual for Polestar S60 or V60s? Getting a quote soon and want to check the math. Thanks!

We don't sorry. Haven't seen Volvo lease numbers for some months now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• zatamanzataman Member Posts: 3
    Could you please provide residual value on 2016 E-Drive, Premium with Blis and convenience package, 36 month lease at $12K annual mileage?
    zataman said:

Could you please provide residual value on 2016 E-Drive, Premium with Blis and convenience package, 36 month lease at $12K annual mileage?

Is it the T-5 FWD Drive-E Premier?

If so, .00001 MF and 49% residual.
    $2491 Summer Sales event bonus
    $3300 lease bonus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, T-5 FWD Drive-E Premier, BLIS, Convenience package and 18" wheels. MSRP= $41,975, Gross Cap Cost =$37,975, adjusted Cap Cost =$35,620, 36 months, 12K miles, monthly lease = $418 with $795 dealer acquisition cost. Seems like this is a bit high as Volvo web site says MSRP of $40,725 for same car (not including 18" wheels). Also, we qualify for loyalty leas bonus of $500. What do you think?
    zataman said:

Yes, T-5 FWD Drive-E Premier, BLIS, Convenience package and 18" wheels. MSRP= $41,975, Gross Cap Cost =$37,975, adjusted Cap Cost =$35,620, 36 months, 12K miles, monthly lease = $418 with $795 dealer acquisition cost. Seems like this is a bit high as Volvo web site says MSRP of $40,725 for same car (not including 18" wheels). Also, we qualify for loyalty leas bonus of $500. What do you think?

With $5791 in incentives, the CAP cost seems a little high.

How much is due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much. This option has $850 due at signing (for first month lease, "initial fees' and licensing fee). We are also looking at option to put $3K down to lower lease payment. It does seem a bit high, especially considering that we don't want the convenience package at all, but can live with the BLIS. I'm thinking we should not go above a cap cost of about $34K .
    zataman said:

Thank you so much. This option has $850 due at signing (for first month lease, "initial fees' and licensing fee). We are also looking at option to put $3K down to lower lease payment. It does seem a bit high, especially considering that we don't want the convenience package at all, but can live with the BLIS. I'm thinking we should not go above a cap cost of about $34K .

We don't recommend using money down to lower the payment - that $3000 would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled, and it just gives you the false sense that your payment is lower. The total outlay for the lease is the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• billymoonbillymoon Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    I'm in New York and have taken a shining to the funky S60 Cross Country and, given the national incentives on this otherwise dud of a seller, am tempted to lease one. Do you have MF and residual on a 2016 S60 Cross Country Platinum with BLIS and heated front seats for 36mo, 12k/year?
    Best offer I've received before bartering is $385/mo with $2,630 taxes and fees down.
    Thanks!
    billymoon said:

I'm in New York and have taken a shining to the funky S60 Cross Country and, given the national incentives on this otherwise dud of a seller, am tempted to lease one. Do you have MF and residual on a 2016 S60 Cross Country Platinum with BLIS and heated front seats for 36mo, 12k/year?
    Best offer I've received before bartering is $385/mo with $2,630 taxes and fees down.
    Thanks!

.00126 and 54%. $3300 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aoreilly88aoreilly88 Member Posts: 32
    Hey thank you in advance...... Can I get the MF + Resid for the following AWD 10k/36
    T5 Platinum
    T5 Premier
    T6 Drive E R Design

Hey thank you in advance...... Can I get the MF + Resid for the following AWD 10k/36
    T5 Platinum
    T5 Premier
    T6 Drive E R Design

T5 Platinum .00013 and 50%
    T5 Premier .00001 and 51%
    T6 Drive E R Design .00018 and 51%

$2491 Summer Sales bonus and either $3300 lease bonus (T5 Premier or R-Design Drive-E) or $4200 lease cash (T5 Platinum).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey thanks alot! Can you stack the summer sales bonus with the lease cash? IE: $5,791 or $6,891? Also does this mean that the dealer wont take anything off the MSRP or should I still try to negotiate that in addition to the summer sales bonus and either lease cash?
    Also do any of these have a residual in the high 50s or even 60s for a 24 month lease?

Hey thanks alot! Can you stack the summer sales bonus with the lease cash? IE: $5,791 or $6,891? Also does this mean that the dealer wont take anything off the MSRP or should I still try to negotiate that in addition to the summer sales bonus and either lease cash?

Yes.. those will stack.

If the factory is giving those kinds of incentives, then you should certainly get a discount from the dealer, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Also do any of these have a residual in the high 50s or even 60s for a 24 month lease?

58% for the T6 Drive E R Design for 24/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• billymoonbillymoon Member Posts: 2
    What do people think about the Volvo Tire and Wheel Protection plan for an S60 Cross Country? It has 18" Neso Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels. Protection cost vs. likely repair?
    Thanks!
    billymoon said:

What do people think about the Volvo Tire and Wheel Protection plan for an S60 Cross Country? It has 18" Neso Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels. Protection cost vs. likely repair?
    Thanks!

I suppose it depends on where you live and what shape the roads are in that you drive on regularly.

Generally, a program like that is a much better deal for the dealer than the consumer, but I suppose there could be exceptions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    Yeah, the finance guy started with $890 and his last offer was about $430. I decided to decline.
  • wintermelonwintermelon Member Posts: 18
    Interested in MF and residual for 24/10k for the S60 Inscription FWD in CA. Thanks.

Interested in MF and residual for 24/10k for the S60 Inscription FWD in CA. Thanks.

Sorry, we haven't yet received the Volvo numbers for July. Perhaps next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fleet100fleet100 Member Posts: 9
    Just leased an S60 and got 25% off MSRP of $41,225, 50%
    residual, and .00001 money rate. Term was 36/12K. The lease rate is $315.29 plus tax.
    With only 1st month, doc fees, and license fees due at signing. My only issue was the $995 lease fee they rolled into the lease. This fee was never disclosed in any quotes or in negotiations. It only showed up the next day when we were signing the final lease deal. Is the Volvo standard lease fee supposed to be$695? I reviewed the original quote and it looks like there is an embedded amount equal to the $695 lease fee.

fleet100 said:

Just leased an S60 and got 25% off MSRP of $41,225, 50%
    residual, and .00001 money rate. Term was 36/12K. The lease rate is $315.29 plus tax.
    With only 1st month, doc fees, and license fees due at signing. My only issue was the $995 lease fee they rolled into the lease. This fee was never disclosed in any quotes or in negotiations. It only showed up the next day when we were signing the final lease deal. Is the Volvo standard lease fee supposed to be$695? I reviewed the original quote and it looks like there is an embedded amount equal to the $695 lease fee.

Volvo bank fee is indeed $695. Dealer can mark it up for a bit of extra profit.

But, 25% off sticker? A few hundred extra is peanuts by comparison.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

fleet100 said:

Just leased an S60 and got 25% off MSRP

Was it T5 AWD Premier? I think Inscription is a killer deal now. Just lease allowances alone - $9,500 not counting possible loyalty/conquest - give you 23% off MSRP. MF is probably .0001 vs. 0.00001.
    Based on $42,575 MSRP/50% residual (maybe lower)/0.0001 MF/$10,500 allowances incl. $1K conquest/$1,200 under invoice sale price/$995 acq. fee rolled in: $215/mo + tax
    ursus said:

fleet100 said:

Just leased an S60 and got 25% off MSRP

Was it T5 AWD Premier? I think Inscription is a killer deal now. Just lease allowances alone - $9,500 not counting possible loyalty/conquest - give you 23% off MSRP. MF is probably .0001 vs. 0.00001.
    Based on $42,575 MSRP/50% residual (maybe lower)/0.0001 MF/$10,500 allowances incl. $1K conquest/$1,200 under invoice sale price/$995 acq. fee rolled in: $215/mo + tax
    It was the T5 FWD Premier, with BLIS, convenience package, heated seats, and metallic paint. The Inscription leasing pricing is very agressive. The only problem is finding the color you want without an inflated MSRP. Did you mean $315 and not $215 per month.
    Not sure where I messed up the first time, but it's still $243+tax.

<That would be about $13,500 off MSRP. What state was that? I would lease one for myself (this lease if for my wife) at that monthly rate.
    Washington DC area, Northern Virginia zip code. You can check for your location on Volvo website - just read fine print under lease offers for S60.
  • jt_2428jt_2428 Member Posts: 1
    ursus said:

Washington DC area, Northern Virginia zip code. You can check for your location on Volvo website - just read fine print under lease offers for S60.

Would you possibly have access to what the residuals and money factors are? I've found the incentives, but those aren't very helpful without them.
    edited July 2016
    I don't have the numbers, but you can ask your dealer for residuals. MF should be very low. I think MF is still .00001 on the regular S60 E-Drive Premier and residual is 50% on 36 month/12K miles. When I leased my S60 Inscription at the end of March, the MF was .0001 on it for 36 month. I doubt it would go up since then.
  • twg2012twg2012 Member Posts: 1
    Highly interested in the Volvo S60 Inscription Premier if the price is right...Out here in CA on an MSRP of $42,575, I am finding through other car negotiating websites about $7300 off MSRP before any incentives. I don't qualify for any conquest or loyalty rebates, but it looks like lease cash out here is about $9500 without those rebates. I attached my lease calculator, I'm guessing this is based on a 12K/year lease and I did 24 months with a residual of 50%. Does it look right to you guys? If so, I might just pull the trigger on this.

Thanks!

• aprilsnowaprilsnow Member Posts: 6
    What is $2491 Summer Sales event bonus? Still available in July? Just mention it to dealer, no need any coupon?

Besides, I saw a special offer in our area Volvo dealership. Seems like a good one. Could you please look at it and see if there is any other options to decrease the price? Thank you so much.

"Lease a 2016 Volvo S60 Sedan for only $279 per month for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year with only $0 due at signing! No Security Deposit. MSRP $38,800. Advertised lease payment with approved credit through Volvo Car Financial Services. Call, email or visit our Volvo showroom for details.

This is a closed-end lease with $6,696 paid over 24 months and a purchase option at lease end of $20,244 (excluding tax and other fees). Lessee responsible for regular maintenance, insurance, any excess wear and tear and all penalties for early termination, default or delinquency during the lease term as defined in the lease contract. Includes all Volvo incentives, Complimentary Premier Package + Conquest. Disposition fee ($350) may be imposed at the end of the lease term from VCFS.

Lessee is responsible for excess mileage over 10,000 miles/year @ $0.25/mile. Offer good on Retired Demo/Loan Car. Advertised lease payment may vary and increase in payment per month for additional options/equipment. Most S60s are titled (not registered) to Autobahn Motorcars and considered new cars available for all Volvo Cars Financial incentives.

Complimentary Factory Scheduled Maintenance covers the first three services (10,000 miles, 20,000 miles, and 30,000 miles) at no charge.(3 yrs or 36,000 miles)."

• aprilsnowaprilsnow Member Posts: 6
    Don't know the configuration of the S60 mentioned in the ad. I've already emailed the dealer to find out more details about the model configuration and CAP COST, MF, sth like that.
    edited July 2016
    twg2012 said:

Highly interested in the Volvo S60 Inscription Premier if the price is right...Out here in CA on an MSRP of $42,575, I am finding through other car negotiating websites about $7300 off MSRP before any incentives. I don't qualify for any conquest or loyalty rebates, but it looks like lease cash out here is about $9500 without those rebates. I attached my lease calculator, I'm guessing this is based on a 12K/year lease and I did 24 months with a residual of 50%. Does it look right to you guys? If so, I might just pull the trigger on this.

Thanks!

You post and I answer you in 2 places now :) You will probably get Residual/MF from the other place, they don't get Volvo numbers here.
    That being said - I highly doubt "$7300 off MSRP before any incentives". Shoot for $1K-$1.5K under invoice (about $3K-$3.5K off MSRP) minus $9,500. You are guessing on MF/resdiual. Residual is most likely higher on a 24 month, I'd guess in 55-56% on 10K miles. Just contact any dealer for the residual. Then you can figure out MF. I tried reverse engineering Inscription offer for 24/10 with 55% residual based on MSRP sale price:

Monthly payment of $279, based on $42,590 MSRP of 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E FWD Inscription with Blind Spot Information, Convenience Package, Heated Seats and Metallic Paint, includes destination charge and application of $2,650 Non-Cash Credit equivalent to Complimentary Premier Package, $500 Volvo Allowance, and $6,350 Lease Bonus. Lessee is responsible for excess wear and mileage over 10,000 miles/year at $0.25 / mile.
    twg2012 said:

Thanks!

FWD or AWD?

Inscription? Or Inscription Platinum?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    edited July 2016
    @kyfdx - They have some insane incentives right now on S60s. I did some digging after seeing @aprilsnow post. The incentives are listed on each Volvo dealer's website under incentives. The most generous seems to be for the S60 T5-E Drive FWD for a 24 month lease, 10K per year.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

How can you get $1,500 under invoice on the Volvo S60 lease before incentives? Where is the dealer getting the money to make up for the $1,500. Did you actually get a quote for $13K under MSRP on an S60?
    fleet100 said:

How can you get $1,500 under invoice on the Volvo S60 lease before incentives? Where is the dealer getting the money to make up for the $1,500. Did you actually get a quote for $13K under MSRP on an S60?

There is often factory to dealer incentives we know nothing about that allows the dealer to do this.

And, the invoice price may not have anything to do with what the dealer actually paid Volvo for the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2016
    fleet100 said:

LOL. They do find ways to make money, don't worry. In my case, they charged $599 dealer fee and padded acquisition fee of $995 - so here's $900 profit right away. Plus holdback, and I'm sure they get Volvo incentives as well.
    I got ~$1,250 under invoice plus all lease allowances at the time (end of March) + conquest (you can find my post with all numbers) for a total of around $10K off MSRP. Considering allowances were $6,500 then vs. $9,500 now - here is your $13K off MSRP.
  • davebigdavebig Member Posts: 1
    ursus said:

Can you share the dealer's information? I am also in this area,
    Don Beyer Dulles. Don't think they allow to post names her.
    ursus said:

Don Beyer Dulles. Don't think they allow to post names her.

Salesman name is permitted, but no contact info (phone or email).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• soflaleasesoflalease Member Posts: 13
    Could you please provide the MF and Residual for the Volvo S60 for 39 months, 12k and 15k. Also, is 25% off MSRP realistic? Thank you much!

Could you please provide the MF and Residual for the Volvo S60 for 39 months, 12k and 15k. Also, is 25% off MSRP realistic? Thank you much!

There are 17 different iterations of the Volvo S60. And, they each have their own program.

Which model are you interested in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• soflaleasesoflalease Member Posts: 13
    Looking for the best deal, so which model offers the most?

Looking for the best deal, so which model offers the most?

10 of the 17 models have a .00001 MF for 36 months; of those, the models with the highest residual for 15,000 miles per year are the T5 AWD Premier and T5 FWD R-Design Special Edition, at 46%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• akel210akel210 Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2016
    can you please provide MF, Residual and incentives 36/12; 24/12 for 2016 VOLVO S60 CROSS COUNTRY T5 PLATINUM in NY.
    thank you!