Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Nissan Rogue Prices Paid

123457»

Comments

• Finally managed to get Nissan Rogue sv AWD for 247xx OTD. Net price of the car was 22200+taxes. with some accessories and 1 year maitanence included. Tried to avoid the accessories but could not do it as the color I wanted came with these additional stuff in it. Could have bargained a bit more to get rid of the accessories or reduced the price on it. But couldn't due to time constraint as I had to get the car today.

Thank you Stever for your valuable inputs. This forum helped me a lot in finding the right price for the car.

stever said:
    Hi, I live in Sunnyvale area. Trying to decide between 2016 rogue sv awd or crv ex awd. The best price I got so far is around 21990 for 2016 rogue sv AWD plus taxes and license. Is this a good price for rogue or because it's year end for rogue 2016 should I be negotiating a bit more. 
    Welcome @sprasanna86. Invoice is $25,844, MSRP is $27,030 and TMV for your area, with the current $2,500 incentive, is $23,230. Those numbers all include the destination. Those are good numbers and your quote is really good. Looks like 19% off MRSP. Rumor is that 2017 CR-Vs are showing up on a few dealer lots. If you do cross-shop, be sure and mention this Rogue quote.

• Also the dealer mentioned about some OCS inspection that the car had to go through before delivery. Is this expected? Should be no issues with the car right? 
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Congrats! You did just fine.

Don't know what the OCS is about - knowing California, it's probably something to do with smog.
  • Thanks Stever,

Yes it is the AWD, premium package. Few dealerships have really lowered the price and for the SV AWD premium 2016 they are offering mid 22's. Any chance I can get better than that?
    I dunno, I'm not seeing much in the way of great deals for any brand in NJ, especially not SUVs.

Since TMV is coming in around $24.6k with the incentive, ~$22,500 may be all the marbles you can grab. Best shot would be Saturday or maybe Tuesday, assuming Nissan is extending the year until the 3rd for quota purposes.

You could try hitting the dealer ten minutes before closing on Friday night and hope they try to sell you fast with a great number. Kind of a dirty trick though. ;)
  • katiegrrlkatiegrrl Posts: 19
    edited December 2016
    katiegrrl said:

We went to dealer Saturday and test drove a 2016 SV AWD Rogue. Liked it.
    We started talking money. I gave them my max OTD at $23,000. They said we were a couple thousand apart. Then they offered 0% though we'd lose 2250, I believe, in incentives. They came in at $370/mth for 72 months which puts the car at 26,550 OTD.

We went in last night and offered $350/mth or about $25500. They held firm. Then, it turns out, the cars we test drove had been punched. They didn't have a car on the lot. They'll have to do a dealer trade. I was pretty irritated that we wasted the whole night. But, he says he can find a car for us today. Fine. I'm pretty much ok with the deal, though I wish my monthly was closer to $360. I offered, BTW, they held at $370

Well, the whole thing turned out be a scam. We did not make this deal. They didn't have the car and, my guess is they couldn't get one cheaply enough to make the deal work. I won't go into every detail, but this experience and a similar experience at another Nissan dealership have soured me a bit on Nissans. But...

Today, we talked to another dealer. She says she doesn't have the car on the lot, but they have other lots. Her price (for a car she hasn't yet found) is $21,350. This breaks down to $18,500 base + $1,350 for AWD + $1,500 incentives ($750 college grad and $750 military).
    Since we qualify for neither, we'd add that back in for a price of $21,350. Add in 9.5% tax $2030), $221 title and plates, and I'm going to guess $170 for doc fees for a total of about $23,770 OTD.

This price is only $770 more than my target OTD price. Not bad if they actually come through. However, I know it sounds like too much, but at that price my monthly payment is $16 more than my max. If that price is real, I don't want it blow it with a counter, but I'd love for them to drop it just a few hundred bucks. Also, I was under the impression that the college grad and military rebates were $500 apiece, not $750 apiece. If so, can I only add $1000 back in rather than $1500? That does the trick right there.

Also, they've run my credit twice now at Nissan - once initially through Nissan Corp and again a few days later though Nissan Credit or something. Can this new dealer just check with Nissan about what's already been run? Each time they do a hard inquiry, my credit score drops 14 points! Ahh!

Anyway, any advice? I really do appreciate all the help I've received.

Oh, if this doesn't work out today, I'm giving up on buying a new Rogue. Instead, you'll find me on the lightly used Honda CRV board.
    edited December 2016
    Odd that your score would drop - I thought that even hard pulls when you were obviously car shopping were lumped together when they occurred in a "short" period of time. Maybe that's just soft pulls....

My advice? You are way on top of the process - just keep doing what you are doing. If you think a dealer is doing a bait and switch, you may want to write a dealer review or even complain to your state's attorney general's office. That takes some energy but it sounds like they deserve it.

You can double-check incentives at Nissan or here. But you knew that. :)

The dealer is going to say something like "$16 more a month is just two ventis at Starbucks". Your response is that $16 is $200 bucks a year and you're at the max of your budget now.

So yeah, you're close and if you push, the dealer may at least meet you half way.
  • Thanks. I have a dealer about an hour from here who says she is looking for a vehicle outside the area. It may even be another state. If she finds one and it needs to be shipped or delivered somehow, do we go ahead and do the paper work without seeing it first? We've driven the Rogue and know what to expect. If it's new, it should be ok, right? Or, do I wait until I actually see the vehicle in person, then do the paperwork?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    katiegrrl said:

Thanks. I have a dealer about an hour from here who says she is looking for a vehicle outside the area. It may even be another state. If she finds one and it needs to be shipped or delivered somehow, do we go ahead and do the paper work without seeing it first? We've driven the Rogue and know what to expect. If it's new, it should be ok, right? Or, do I wait until I actually see the vehicle in person, then do the paperwork?

You can make the deal, do the paperwork, and tell them you'll sign upon final inspection of the vehicle. You just never know what they'll come up with (wrong color, wrong options, 2000 miles on odometer, etc, etc.)

I can commit, but I'm not signing the final paperwork, without an on-site inspection of the vehicle.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Cool, thanks. As far as the credit checks...we have Credit Karma and can see almost immediately when someone pulls a report. They said they were going to do a soft pull, what it was a hard inquiry. They did it again a few days later (without our knowledge). They and others have said the credit score will bounce back if we buy a car within a couple of weeks of the inquiry. Maybe this is BS, or more charitably, a myth. Hopefully it's the truth.

So, if another dealer has pulled credit reports from Nissan, can the new dealer just call Nissan or do they too have to do hard inquiry?
    katiegrrl said:

Cool, thanks. As far as the credit checks...we have Credit Karma and can see almost immediately when someone pulls a report. They said they were going to do a soft pull, what it was a hard inquiry. They did it again a few days later (without our knowledge). They and others have said the credit score will bounce back if we buy a car within a couple of weeks of the inquiry. Maybe this is BS, or more charitably, a myth. Hopefully it's the truth.

So, if another dealer has pulled credit reports from Nissan, can the new dealer just call Nissan or do they too have to do hard inquiry?

Pay your bills, and you won't have to worry about the credit score.

Had a new HVAC system installed, this summer. Put the $7000 on the credit card, and my score dropped 15 points, the next month. Paid credit card off by due date, and the next month it's all back to normal.

Edmunds Moderator

• Ha! Ok. I won't worry so much. Thanks. I'll let you know how it all goes.
  • wilkes2wilkes2 Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Just bought an new Rogue in Exton,Pa on Saturday the 31st.

Rogue SV w premium package
    Pearl White
    Splash Guards
    Rear Chrome bumper protector
    Floor Mats with Cargo Protector

MSRP: 29,585.00

Final Price: 22,750.00 + tax and tag. OD right at 24,000.00

Seems like a pretty good deal. Was very pleased.

Congrats!
  • Hi All,

Last time I was around these forums I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima. Never had a problem. Giving it to my mom. Now I'll be buying a Rogue soon. I'm thinking a 2017 Rogue SV w/ Premium package. I'd consider a 2016 SL w/ Premium package if the price knocks me off my feet, but I really like the look of the 2017.

I'm not much of a negotiator, but I'll report back with the price. I'm hoping to get it this weekend.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,184
    You can build and price it out with our TMV Pricing tool and even get a quote from your local dealer. In MS, yes?

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• katiegrrlkatiegrrl Posts: 19
    edited January 2017
    Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your help. After a month or so of bad experiences with Nissan dealers, including a refusal by one to honor the Edmund's Price Promise even after I called and double-checked, we dumped the Rogue and went with a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. (I'll post price in Subaru forum)

Thanks again!
  • Hi all.

Got my 2017 Rogue SV w/ Premium package. Caspian blue/Charcoal

25,300 - 1,000 = 24,300

TMV for the Memphis area is 25,782. (Not including chrome bumper protector)

After taxes and fees I came out at around 26,100

I was hoping to do better, but with coming under TMV I'll trust that I got a fair deal.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,184
    edited January 2017
    Congrats on the new ride AND coming in under TMV! You'll have to post a pic of your new baby :)

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• Hi,
    I am in the process of lease negotiation with following details:

2017 Nissan Rouge SV AWD
    12k / 36 months
    658 down / 262.month - including taxes

MSRP: $28,070
    Sale price: $24,271
    MF: 0.00003
    Residual: 59%
    NJ Tax: 7%
    Zip code: 08859

Please let me know your feedback.
    Thank you,
    Kris
    kris_nj said:

Hi,
    I am in the process of lease negotiation with following details:

2017 Nissan Rouge SV AWD
    12k / 36 months
    658 down / 262.month - including taxes

MSRP: $28,070
    Sale price: $24,271
    MF: 0.00003
    Residual: 59%
    NJ Tax: 7%
    Zip code: 08859

Please let me know your feedback.
    Thank you,
    Kris

Hi Kris,

We have a discussion dedicated to 2017 Rogue lease questions.
    Please re-post here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43417/nissan/rogue/2017-nissan-rogue-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Moderator