Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,666
    fintail said:

Does anyone offer a white interior these days? Real white, not "porcelain" or anything slightly off-white.

There's a 6er Gran Coupe in my area with what looks like a white interior, must be a special order car. For those without kids and who don't go out in the mud, it could be a stylish thing again. When I was a little kid, my mom had a gargantuan 70s T-Bird that was white on white. Not the best choice for hauling kids, but it had some style.

Ford offered this:

Is that white?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,881
    fintail said:

Yeah, greybeige is best because it's the color of dirt :)

When I had a black interior car, I would just wipe/dust it weekly. The next car had a very light grey interior where the seat would show denim rubbing. It was MB-Tex, so I'd use a little detergent water as lubricant along with very gentle wiping with a magic eraser, and it would come clean. I wouldn't do that with leather. MB also recommends microfiber to not be used on Tex.

ab348 said:

I hear that all the time, but it's not. Black shows every speck of dust, lint, hair, whatever. Gray is probably the easiest to keep clean. My old '77 LeMans had a white interior and even that was easy to keep clean-looking without a whole lot of effort.

10-4 on the denim rubbing.

The Escape I had for 7 months had gray leather and I was always trying to get the blue dye and dirt off of the seat.

As mentioned previously, I do grounds keeping at a baseball field all summer. If I were more demure I might like gray, but I'm not.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,094
    The denim blue is still there on your black interior. You just can't see it because your eye is distracted by all the dust and lint particles. ;)

@oldfarmer50 , that is a black interior with some light or white inserts. It is not a white interior.

This is a white interior:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

This is cognac according to my google search. I like that. My interior is a lighter tan, but I would like
    this with a black exterior.

This is cognac according to my google search. I like that. My interior is a lighter tan, but I would like
    this with a black exterior.

Yes, that is the one I like.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    Favorite interior color I have had to date was the burnt orange leather in my 350z. 2nd was the red in my 135i. 

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,881
    edited February 2017
    ab348 said:

The denim blue is still there on your black interior. You just can't see it because your eye is distracted by all the dust and lint particles. ;)

Well...I don't know about that. What it does is being able to clean the seat every week or two instead of every day or two.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

ab348 said:

@oldfarmer50 , that is a black interior with some light or white inserts. It is not a white interior.

This is a white interior:

But that picture shows black carpet so I guess it isn't really white either. Kind of like my lincoln interior has a dark dash and beige carpet.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Close, but not ostentatious enough :)

A quick google for similar BMWs finds stuff like this - that's more like it:

Off white, but close:

MB does similar, I think this is "porcelain":

The white interior in a 70s land yacht Thunderbird - on this edition there was red contrast on dash and carpet (I seem to remember my mom's was grey or brown). :

Ford offered this:
    Is that white?

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Went to drop off the Caddy loaner last night. Surprisingly, they said my CTS was done. Not expecting that, but somewhat relieved, as you never know how things will turn out when you're driving someone else's car and you are involved in an accident. I'm always extra careful (morseso than driving my own car) when I'm driving someone else's.

Anyway, got about 1/4 mile down the road, and a terrible noise starts...like metal flapping against the rear end. And, the steering feels like the bushings have 200K miles on them. It's loosy-goosey and all over the road. Hit an expansion joint and you're thrown in the next lane. Feels like a shock or spring is broken.

Back to the dealership. Service writer was surprised to see me, but hearing the car pull into the driveway, knew something was wrong. He said they had to do "A LOT" of work to my car (yeah...pulling the engine and rerouting all the wiring is a pretty big job), and they may have missed something. Still, none of that should have had any effect on the suspension.....maybe the steering rack, but that's a reach, too.

So, they put me back in another CT6, not the one I had been driving. This one has the LCD screen for the rear view mirror. Pretty unnerving.

No word from BBB or Cadillac Customer Service for about a week.

The saga continues.

For grins, gonna head to the BMW dealership, tonight to see what I can get for my "meager" $40K.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,985

Went to drop off the Caddy loaner last night. Surprisingly, they said my CTS was done. Not expecting that, but somewhat relieved, as you never know how things will turn out when you're driving someone else's car and you are involved in an accident. I'm always extra careful (morseso than driving my own car) when I'm driving someone else's.

Anyway, got about 1/4 mile down the road, and a terrible noise starts...like metal flapping against the rear end. And, the steering feels like the bushings have 200K miles on them. It's loosy-goosey and all over the road. Hit an expansion joint and you're thrown in the next lane. Feels like a shock or spring is broken.

Back to the dealership. Service writer was surprised to see me, but hearing the car pull into the driveway, knew something was wrong. He said they had to do "A LOT" of work to my car (yeah...pulling the engine and rerouting all the wiring is a pretty big job), and they may have missed something. Still, none of that should have had any effect on the suspension.....maybe the steering rack, but that's a reach, too.

So, they put me back in another CT6, not the one I had been driving. This one has the LCD screen for the rear view mirror. Pretty unnerving.

The saga continues.

For grins, gonna head to the BMW dealership, tonight to see what I can get for my "meager" $40K.

GG, Cadillac has a curse on you. Good grief.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited February 2017

But that picture shows black carpet so I guess it isn't really white either. Kind of like my lincoln interior has a dark dash and beige carpet.

Buyer's choice. Back then GM typically offered a white interior with color-coordinated carpet, dash and steering wheel to the paint choice. So you could get white with black, blue, red, green or some shade of brown/tan accents. Imagine that.

edited February 2017
    I always liked this combination, darker blue dash and contrasting lighter blue carpet on the door panels and flooring. Unfortunately this picture doesn't do it justice.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited February 2017
    GG, I cannot believe that someone didn't drive your CTS before releasing it back to you. The lack of quality control there is really pitiful, not to mention, incompetent.

Hope you got paperwork with your immediate car return.
    carnaught said:

GG, I cannot believe that someone didn't drive your CTS before releasing it back to you. The lack of quality control there is really pitiful, not to mention, incompetent.

Yeah.....the dealer logs everything and gives me the service write up. Not sure what to make of all of this. As I mentioned before, I'm kind of numb by the whole fiasco.

You guys are talking about light interiors, here's the Avalon's that I test drove.....

http://www.kingstoyota.com/new/Toyota/2017-Toyota-Avalon-cincinnati-oh-ddf357f80a0e0adf47fda79c81afb366.htm
    edited February 2017
    I like that ivory interior with dark brown contrast, and carpeting too, I presume.
    The Chrysler 300C rental has linen colored seats and headliner, black, chrome and some wood trim. It is attractive. I like the wood on the top of the steering wheel, feels smooth and substantial. The Pilot went into paint yesterday, should be ready this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed they've done a good job.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    @sda - That is wonderful news and an excellent way to end the week. Congratulations!!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,287
    sda said:

Before I wear out my welcome today, I want to share some good news. As many of you know I have been looking for a job for the past year+. After almost 30 continuous years with the same firm, because of merger activities the department that I managed was merged with another and my position was eliminated. I have accepted a position with a major financial services firm and start on Tuesday 2/21. I am excited about the opportunity and am delighted to be in the saddle again. A big thanks to all of you in these forums as you've helped me stay positive through this trying period. And yes, I love any conversation around cars. I'm a certified nut.

@sda - so glad to hear that you have found a new job! Reinforces my belief that just because one is of a certain age, one is not necessarily obsolete. Congrats!

Does this mean a new ride is on the horizon? :sunglasses:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Blue and white is a classic combination. Many earlier MB W113 "Pagoda" SL were white with a blue interior.

And congrats :)
    sda said:

I always liked this combination, darker blue dash and contrasting lighter blue carpet on the door panels and flooring. Unfortunately this picture doesn't do it justice.

@sda I either forgot or was unaware of the job situation. Glad to hear your news. Congrats!

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    sda said:

The saga continues.

GG, Cadillac has a curse on you. Good grief.
    I disagree.

Cadillacs service dept. is inept. Should have never returned the car without an extensive test drive given all the work that was performed. Yanking the engine is MAJOR work. There is no telling what was disconnected to yank it and then re-install it.

Again the dealer is not up to snuff, but is anyone really surprised by that?

As others said earlier, "I would not want that car after all that work". Here's the proof of that.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    sda said:

Before I wear out my welcome today, I want to share some good news. As many of you know I have been looking for a job for the past year+. After almost 30 continuous years with the same firm, because of merger activities the department that I managed was merged with another and my position was eliminated. I have accepted a position with a major financial services firm and start on Tuesday 2/21. I am excited about the opportunity and am delighted to be in the saddle again. A big thanks to all of you in these forums as you've helped me stay positive through this trying period. And yes, I love any conversation around cars. I'm a certified nut.

Congratulations. That is very good news.

Does this mean we will be seeing/hearing less from you now? Don't worry we have a night shift here too but it costs more to post after normal working hours. ;)

Give 'em hell.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

edited February 2017
    Congrats and good luck with the new job, @sda!
    @sda......what great news. Congrats and good luck!

The saga continues.

Are they running a game on you? Does putting you back on the road for 5 minutes start the clock running again on the lemon law? Does this steering problem now constitute a new problem? What a mess!

You should definitely go to the media over these misadventures. This reads like a bad novel. :@

carnaught said:

Yeah.....the dealer logs everything and gives me the service write up. Not sure what to make of all of this. As I mentioned before, I'm kind of numb by the whole fiasco.

You guys are talking about light interiors, here's the Avalon's that I test drove.....

http://www.kingstoyota.com/new/Toyota/2017-Toyota-Avalon-cincinnati-oh-ddf357f80a0e0adf47fda79c81afb366.htm

Interesting, brown and black with white. That price looks pretty good too. What do you think you could get it for? $35...$34?

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    sda - congratulations. I know that had to be a tough period going through all of that. Hope it all works out.

White interiors are deceiving. Rode in a Mercury convertible years ago with white leather. Left the top down one Carolina summer day at the beach. Hopped in with cutoffs and got quite the burn welt. Duh!

carnaught said:

Interesting, brown and black with white. That price looks pretty good too. What do you think you could get it for? $35...$34?
    Yeah....those are the numbers I'm thinking.

RE CTS.....not really sure what's going on. My guess is the Zone Rep knew the clock was ticking on Lemon Law qualification and urged a "rush job". Given what Cadillac Customer Service told me about parts availability (end of Feb, potentially March), someone hurried this along. I think this is a result of that.

No matter...they still had the car well over 30 days. It was undriveable that whole time. So, whether the clock resets or not, it was too late. Because of the issue I was hearing/feeling, I have a feeling they're going to have to do more extensive work. They didn't want to pull the drivetrain twice, but I'm betting they're going to have to.

It's laughable at this point.

A colleague of mine who lives in Detroit and knows some of the engineering staff at GM has urged me to send him my paperwork. He said engineering would love to hear about this and would probably be willing to get involved.

Not sure I want any of that, though. I just want to wash my hands of the car and the brand. They certainly don't do anything to endear themselves to their customers.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,358
    sda said:

Congrats!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Your problems are worse than the ones I went through with GM electronics years ago. I feel sorry for you and sure wouldn't want to deal with all that stuff again.
    edited February 2017
    Thanks to all for the kind words and wishes. I feel like a new man!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited February 2017
    sda said:

Yes, congrats! There are few things that can put stress on a person like being unemployed for a while. You seem to have weathered it well.
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Went to drop off the Caddy loaner last night. Surprisingly, they said my CTS was done. Not expecting that, but somewhat relieved, as you never know how things will turn out when you're driving someone else's car and you are involved in an accident. I'm always extra careful (morseso than driving my own car) when I'm driving someone else's. Anyway, got about 1/4 mile down the road, and a terrible noise starts...like metal flapping against the rear end. And, the steering feels like the bushings have 200K miles on them. It's loosy-goosey and all over the road. Hit an expansion joint and you're thrown in the next lane. Feels like a shock or spring is broken. Back to the dealership. Service writer was surprised to see me, but hearing the car pull into the driveway, knew something was wrong. He said they had to do "A LOT" of work to my car (yeah...pulling the engine and rerouting all the wiring is a pretty big job), and they may have missed something. Still, none of that should have had any effect on the suspension.....maybe the steering rack, but that's a reach, too. So, they put me back in another CT6, not the one I had been driving. This one has the LCD screen for the rear view mirror. Pretty unnerving. No word from BBB or Cadillac Customer Service for about a week. The saga continues. For grins, gonna head to the BMW dealership, tonight to see what I can get for my "meager" $40K.
    I'm going to go out and kiss my Accord right snack on the grille.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    sda said:
    Congrats on the new job.  Got to be a real burden off of you.  
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

@sda - That is wonderful news and an excellent way to end the week. Congratulations!!

+1

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

sda said:

Yes, congrats! There are few things that can put stress on a person like being unemployed for a while. You seem to have weathered it well.
    Yeh, I think I hold the record for the number of times I have been canned. 5 times that I can think of for sure. I hated being out of work, usually got a job pretty quick, only collected unemployment insurance once, and that was to take a government course in running your own business.

I am grateful I lost those jobs and even though a lot of the jobs I went to after each time I got canned were awful....they gave me tremendous knowledge and experience....and it was character building.

Good luck with the new job sda...life is an adventure.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited February 2017
    thebean said:

I'm going to go out and kiss my Accord right snack on the grille.

You and me both. In my case it's my TSX with 124K miles on it. Had the beloved '04 Pathfinder not had a life-ending fender-bender, I'd be kissing its grille as well.

These boards tend to support my prejudices, but times can change. Not so far, though.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    edited February 2017
    GG, even I am at a loss for words. I think the car was just slapped together again so you would pick it up, and maybe it would buy them some time. I wonder how they stuck it together and what would happen if you had a little fire?

I was thinking, if I got this right, the company will pay for a car up to $40k. Can you add an extra $3 or $4k on your own? With a rider that you could buy the car at some point. $1000 a year (probably tax write off) to drive a car you would really like might be worth it......and you might get the money back from the Caddie one day!

berri said:

White interiors are deceiving. Rode in a Mercury convertible years ago with white leather. Left the top down one Carolina summer day at the beach. Hopped in with cutoffs and got quite the burn welt. Duh!

If it was a black interior in that situation you would have suffered spontaneous combustion. :p

edited February 2017
    driver100 said:

GG, even I am at a loss for words. I think the car was just slapped together again so you would pick it up, and maybe it would buy them some time. I wonder how they stuck it together and what would happen if you had a little fire?

I was thinking, if I got this right, the company will pay for a car up to $40k. Can you add an extra $3 or $4k on your own? With a rider that you could buy the car at some point. $1000 a year (probably tax write off) to drive a car you would really like might be worth it......and you might get the money back from the Caddie one day!

Driver....you're trying your damnedest to get me to break my $40K ceiling. Bless your soul!

In all seriousness, I get what you're saying.

Not sure about what the deal was with my CTS. As mentioned, I was told the parts wouldn't be in any ealier than the end of this month, and with a real possibility it could extend into March. I was surprised to learn it was done when I went to drop off the loaner.

They said a few days ago they had SOME of the parts, not all. And, that they didn't want to put the drivetrain back in, only to take it out again when the rest of the parts came in. I suspect GM told them to go ahead and put the drivetrain in with the (incomplete?) part list and send me on my way. Either way, they were still well past the 30 day Lemon Law stipulation.

Or, as others mentioned, they slapped everything back together without test driving it first.

This is all speculation, though.

No matter, it's back in their shop, again.

Given you like Mercedes, and your justification for me to spend over my $40K limit, when I saw the C300 at Costco, with a $48K MSRP, and a $41K Costco price, I had put in an inquiry to Costco's Car buying service regarding the C300.

Got a call today from Mercedes of Cincinnati. Nice people. Spoke awhile about my situation and my self imposed price limit. Sales person was empathetic and asked that I give him an hour or so to see what he could put together.

30 minutes later, he called back and found a NEW leftover 2016 C300 4Matic Sport with Sunroof (but no leather) that would eek in under $40K with all incentives thrown in. I told him I'd be around tomorrow to test drive and look at it. We'll see what an under $40K C 300 really looks like.

driver100 said:

Driver....you're trying your damnedest to get me to break my $40K ceiling. Bless your soul!

Not sure about what the deal was with my CTS. As mentioned, I was told the parts wouldn't be in any ealier than the end of this month, and with a real possibility it could extend into March. I was surprised to learn it was done when I went to drop off the loaner.

They said a few days ago they had SOME of the parts, not all. And, that they didn't want to put the drivetrain back in, only to take it out again when the rest of the parts came in. I suspect GM told them to go ahead and put the drivetrain in with the (incomplete?) part list and send me on my way. Either way, they were still well past the 30 day Lemon Law stipulation.

Or, as others mentioned, they slapped everything back together without test driving it first.

Given you like Mercedes, and your justification for me to spend over my $40K limit, when I saw the C300 at Costco, with a $48K MSRP, and a $41K Costco price, I had put in an inquiry to Costco's Car buying service regarding the C300.

Got a call today from Mercedes of Cincinnati. Nice people. Spoke awhile about my situation and my self imposed price limit. Sales person was empathetic and asked that I give him an hour or so to see what he could put together.

30 minutes later, he called back and found a NEW leftover 2016 C300 4Matic Sport with Sunroof (but no leather) that would eek in under $40K. I told him I'd be around tomorrow to test drive and look at it. We'll see what an under $40K C 300 really looks like.
    I've seen some serious discounting on the 2016 MB's ... check out the C-Class lease thread for some pricing examples:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/38171/mercedes-benz/c-class/2016-mercedes-c-class-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    edited February 2017
    I'm not used to seeing the manufacturers pushing previous year models this far into the next MY. However, it seems both BMW and MB still have a lot of 2016 inventory on the ground they need gone.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    sda said:

Congrats! Hope that when you become a rich and powerful banking giant you will give a few of us a ride in your limo.

I'm not used to seeing the manufacturers pushing previous year models this far into the next MY. However, it seems both BMW and MB still have a lot of 2016 inventory on the ground they need gone.

Up here in Canada, Ford is doing national advertising on TV for lease deals on 2016 F-150s and Lincolns MKCs. They must have a lot of them stacked up.

ab348 said:

Up here in Canada, Ford is doing national advertising on TV for lease deals on 2016 F-150s and Lincolns MKCs. They must have a lot of them stacked up.
    I'm surprised, as well. At some point the lease data we have for the 2016 MY will simply disappear. No notice.

My VW dealer was out of 2016 stock by October, I believe.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Congrats! Hope that when you become a rich and powerful banking giant you will give a few of us a ride in your limo.
    Ditto!  Best wishes in your new position!!! ;)

2021 Genesis G90

edited February 2017
    The repair on the Pilot is compete. They did a decent job though the paint match and gloss doesn't match perfectly. I guess that is to be expected on a 7 year old vehicle. It is clean job and they matched the painted pin stripes perfectly.

driver100 said:

30 minutes later, he called back and found a NEW leftover 2016 C300 4Matic Sport with Sunroof (but no leather) that would eek in under $40K with all incentives thrown in. I told him I'd be around tomorrow to test drive and look at it. We'll see what an under $40K C 300 really looks like.
    GG, really not trying to make you go over your limit.....I know you like fine automobiles and I don't want you ending up with something just because it is reliable. You need more or you will become disatisfied and will be out looking again.

I was going to mention you could get under the limit with a CPO car, and since you don't put on big mileage you could probably get a nice car...but a new 2016 C300 at that price sounds pretty exciting IMHO.

sda said:

The repair on the Pilot is compete. They did a decent job though the paint match and gloss doesn't match perfectly. I guess that is to be expected on a 7 year old vehicle. It is clean job and they matched the painted pin stripes perfectly.

Looks like new! Nice color too!