Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 VW Alltrack Lease Questions

MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
edited October 2016 in Volkswagen
Ask your 2017 Alltrack lease questions, here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Comments

• andnacbrandnacbr Member Posts: 56
    Hi Michaell, do you have the numbers for the AllTrack 36m 12k or 15k? Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    andnacbr said:

Hi Michaell, do you have the numbers for the AllTrack 36m 12k or 15k? Thank you!

.00201 and 58% / 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Alan ZarnegarAlan Zarnegar Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

Can I please get 36/12 and 36/15 lease numbers for a 2017 Alltrack SEL trim in CA?

Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,191

Hello,

Can I please get 36/12 and 36/15 lease numbers for a 2017 Alltrack SEL trim in CA?

Thank you

.00202 MF and 57%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• coppo110coppo110 Member Posts: 41
    Hi, can I please get 36/10 and 36/12 lease numbers for a 2017 Alltrack SEL in Massachusetts? Thanks!
    coppo110 said:

Hi, can I please get 36/10 and 36/12 lease numbers for a 2017 Alltrack SEL in Massachusetts? Thanks!

.00224 MF and 57%/56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• coppo110coppo110 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks! Do you happen to know if these are carry over from December and we can expect updated figures for January coming soon, or is this newly published for January?
    coppo110 said:

Thanks! Do you happen to know if these are carry over from December and we can expect updated figures for January coming soon, or is this newly published for January?

Those are the new numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• whosterwhoster Member Posts: 13
    They RAISED the MF?

That's generous of them.
  • ze_autobahnze_autobahn Member Posts: 72
    Hi Michael!

I have about three months left on my 2014 GTI lease and was looking at an Alltrack to replace it (I miss AWD here in Colorado). I was contacted by a local VW dealer about a lease pull through program going on right now. Should I look at trying to get into a new vehicle before the lease expires? I'm under in miles (only28k so far) so I'm not in a hurry. Any idea what the current MF is for an Alltrack SEL 36 mo. with both 10k and 12k mileage? They are also pushing the Tiguan which I know is set to be replaced with a new version next year but I would imagine they are looking to unload the current model so some deals might be out there. Do you have the MF for a Tiguan Sport 4-motion?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Michael!

I have about three months left on my 2014 GTI lease and was looking at an Alltrack to replace it (I miss AWD here in Colorado). I was contacted by a local VW dealer about a lease pull through program going on right now. Should I look at trying to get into a new vehicle before the lease expires? I'm under in miles (only28k so far) so I'm not in a hurry. Any idea what the current MF is for an Alltrack SEL 36 mo. with both 10k and 12k mileage? They are also pushing the Tiguan which I know is set to be replaced with a new version next year but I would imagine they are looking to unload the current model so some deals might be out there. Do you have the MF for a Tiguan Sport 4-motion?

Thanks,

Ron

Alltracks are very expensive to lease, and Tiguans are relatively cheap.

.00224 MF and 57%/56% residual.

At those rates, I sure wouldn't be in a hurry to swap out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi, is there a difference between the SEL & SE models as far as MF or residual value? My dealer is showing $379 a month for an SE but when I run the numbers I can't get in under $400 a month unless I put $4k down. As above I'm in Colorado.

Hi, is there a difference between the SEL & SE models as far as MF or residual value? My dealer is showing $379 a month for an SE but when I run the numbers I can't get in under $400 a month unless I put $4k down. As above I'm in Colorado.

No difference in the numbers, based on trim level.

What is the MSRP and selling price? How much is due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

no detail provided. It's just a banner on their website.

Whose? VW or the local dealer?

Either way, there should be some fine print that explains the details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I show that as the advertised price for an "S" model, with an MSRP of $27,770, for 36/12
    .00224 MF and 56% residual
    Dealer discount of $419
    Customer down payment of $1495
    Customer pays acquisition fee of $625
    $379/mo.
    Total due at signing is $2499 (plus tax, title, dealer fees, etc, etc.)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Right that's what I thought as well. I wonder if I could hold them to it for an SE? And then add the $1k VW loyalty bonus. Still more than I want to pay though.

Right that's what I thought as well. I wonder if I could hold them to it for an SE? And then add the $1k VW loyalty bonus. Still more than I want to pay though.

Yeah, the Alltrack is going to be a terrible lease deal, at these terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Agreed but I'm going to try anyway ;-) I'm seeing dealer discounts of $3k here in Colorado. My goal is to get one for $350 a month with no more than $2k in drive off costs. Wish me luck! All they can do is say no right?

Agreed but I'm going to try anyway ;-) I'm seeing dealer discounts of $3k here in Colorado. My goal is to get one for $350 a month with no more than $2k in drive off costs. Wish me luck! All they can do is say no right?

Keep us posted.

And, since I leased a VW last summer in Denver, I'm curious as to how you are treated at the local dealers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Will do. I'm not in a hurry so I can walk away from anything that isn't what I want. I had good luck with McDonald VW when I leased my GTI back in 2014. I'm going to give the Colorado Springs dealers a shot before I make the trek up to Denver where there is greater inventory.

Will do. I'm not in a hurry so I can walk away from anything that isn't what I want. I had good luck with McDonald VW when I leased my GTI back in 2014. I'm going to give the Colorado Springs dealers a shot before I make the trek up to Denver where there is greater inventory.

Very good. I used to take my wife's CX-7 to Penkhus for service - they seemed like a pretty good dealer to work with.

But, agree that Denver has much better inventory - and likely to make a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ds_inseads_insea Member Posts: 3
    Just a quick February check-in -- it looks like VW has new deals up on their site:
    $1,999 at signing (625 acq fee + 985 cap redux + 1st month), $389/month for 36/12 for an Alltrack S.

If I'm doing my numbers right, it looks like residuals haven't budged from 56% but the MF looks like 0.00182.

Can anyone confirm that? Also, there's a $1k conquest bonus this month -- but you can't apply that to a lease. Is that typical?

I'm a couple months out from order and a few more from pickup on an SEL, but I'm just tracking this stuff for data gathering. It'll be my first time leasing and I'm learning the ins-and-outs.
    ds_insea said:

Just a quick February check-in -- it looks like VW has new deals up on their site:
    $1,999 at signing (625 acq fee + 985 cap redux + 1st month), $389/month for 36/12 for an Alltrack S.

If I'm doing my numbers right, it looks like residuals haven't budged from 56% but the MF looks like 0.00182.

Can anyone confirm that? Also, there's a $1k conquest bonus this month -- but you can't apply that to a lease. Is that typical?

I'm a couple months out from order and a few more from pickup on an SEL, but I'm just tracking this stuff for data gathering. It'll be my first time leasing and I'm learning the ins-and-outs.

The MF for the AllTrack this month is .00218.

There is likely a discount from sticker ("dealer participation") that isn't qualified in the ad.

Generally, conquest incentives can be applied to a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ds_inseads_insea Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

There is likely a discount from sticker ("dealer participation") that isn't qualified in the ad.

Well at least the MF is trending down, so that's nice! Thanks for the background on the "dealer participation" discount info. Plugged a $500 discount into my calculator with the new MF and it works out to match the advert.

Cheers!
    ds_insea said:

Michaell said:

Well at least the MF is trending down, so that's nice! Thanks for the background on the "dealer participation" discount info. Plugged a $500 discount into my calculator with the new MF and it works out to match the advert.

Cheers!
    You may be able to negotiate a better price than that ... a fellow member just bought an AllTrack SE and negotiated a great price - just over invoice, IIRC.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well I got close....

After dealing with the internet manager via email I went into the dealership on 5pm on the last day of the month.
    I managed to negotiate a 2017 Alltrack SEL (minus the lighting package unfortunately) down to $30,475 ($500 off Edmunds best price guarantee on that car). I had the VW Loyalty bonus of $1k. They offered me $16,450 for my GTI with a payoff of $15,195 (I had two lease payments left of $257.66 each and the residual was $14,715) which gave me 1255.00 equity in my car. With $2k drive off costs I could get the payment down to $367.89 a month including taxes which was a little above my $350 target. The was about $112 a month more than I was paying for my GTI so that would have been about $4k more over the course of the 36 month lease.

Once we agreed on the deal I test drove the car and by now it was dark. I really liked the car except for one thing.
    The halogen reflector headlights were the same as the lousy lights in my 2014 GTI I was trading in which I have complained about numerous times. My other car is a 2003 Audi allroad and I've always loved the Xenon's in that car. So I opted to drive a 2017 Tiguan Sport, which I ended up buying. See the Tiguan thread for the details.

Well I got close....

After dealing with the internet manager via email I went into the dealership on 5pm on the last day of the month.
    I managed to negotiate a 2017 Alltrack SEL (minus the lighting package unfortunately) down to $30,475 ($500 off Edmunds best price guarantee on that car). I had the VW Loyalty bonus of $1k. They offered me $16,450 for my GTI with a payoff of $15,195 (I had two lease payments left of $257.66 each and the residual was $14,715) which gave me 1255.00 equity in my car. With $2k drive off costs I could get the payment down to $367.89 a month including taxes which was a little above my $350 target. The was about $112 a month more than I was paying for my GTI so that would have been about $4k more over the course of the 36 month lease.

Once we agreed on the deal I test drove the car and by now it was dark. I really liked the car except for one thing.
    The halogen reflector headlights were the same as the lousy lights in my 2014 GTI I was trading in which I have complained about numerous times. My other car is a 2003 Audi allroad and I've always loved the Xenon's in that car. So I opted to drive a 2017 Tiguan Sport, which I ended up buying. See the Tiguan thread for the details.

Thanks for the write-up. If you can live with the smaller cargo capacity, the Tiguan is a much better lease deal. Congrats on the new VW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newdaddy35newdaddy35 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Michaell,

Could you please provide MF and RV for 2017 Golf Alltrack @ 24m/12k and 36m/12k? I think you've said before that the VW figures are national? If it makes any difference, I'm looking in Seattle, WA. Also, are these two variables negotiable or are they fixed at each dealer?

Thanks!

Hi Michaell,

Could you please provide MF and RV for 2017 Golf Alltrack @ 24m/12k and 36m/12k? I think you've said before that the VW figures are national? If it makes any difference, I'm looking in Seattle, WA. Also, are these two variables negotiable or are they fixed at each dealer?

Thanks!

.00218 MF and 63%/56% residual

Residuals are fixed. Dealers can mark up the money factor for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• privateskiesprivateskies Member Posts: 12
    Can you please provide MF and RV for 2017 Golf Alltrack SEL 36m/12K and 36m/15K?

Thanks!
  • privateskiesprivateskies Member Posts: 12
    Separately, it seems like the Alltrack MF is twice as high as the Golf MF, any idea why it is so much higher?

Separately, it seems like the Alltrack MF is twice as high as the Golf MF, any idea why it is so much higher?

VW/Audi wagons are extremely popular. They are charging what the market will bear. Although money factors have come down, this month.

Can you please provide MF and RV for 2017 Golf Alltrack SEL 36m/12K and 36m/15K?

Thanks!

.00130 MF and 55%/53% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• meditationhi1meditationhi1 Member Posts: 2
    i live in seattle and for a All Track SE with Driver Assist: i was quoted $2k down (plus taxes, title, etc) for $414.56. The sticker price was reduced to $29,200- what are your thoughts?

i live in seattle and for a All Track SE with Driver Assist: i was quoted $2k down (plus taxes, title, etc) for $414.56. The sticker price was reduced to $29,200- what are your thoughts?

What is the MSRP?

What is the lease term and miles per year?

What does the $2000 at signing cover?

Not enough information to tell you if the deal is good or bad - yet. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• meditationhi1meditationhi1 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry the MSRP is $33400, 3 year term at 10K p/y not sure what the 2k covers but she said that it does not cover tax, title, license,.
    Michaell said:

What is the MSRP?

What is the lease term and miles per year?

What does the $2000 at signing cover?

Not enough information to tell you if the deal is good or bad - yet. :wink:

Sorry the MSRP is $33400, 3 year term at 10K p/y not sure what the 2k covers but she said that it does not cover tax, title, license,.

.00130 and 56%

With your prices, I get $354/mo plus tax.

What state is this?

If the $2K is cap reduction (down payment), then subtract another $55-60/mo off the payment.

Ask the dealer what MF they are using and what the adjusted cap cost is - that should help us figure things out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi Friends,

Do we have April lease figures yet?

Hi Friends,

Do we have April lease figures yet?

Yes - term and mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Washington (state).

24/12 and 36/12.  same for all trims?

Washington (state).

24/12 and 36/12.  same for all trims?

.00130 MF and 62%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

KYFDX, can you please advise on the RV for All Track SE 24m/15k lease?

I've been quoted the following:
    Alltrack SE (Manual)
    MSRP: 30,750 (incl. destination fee)
    Down Pmt: 1,500
    MF: .00130
    RV: unknown
    Tax: 10%

$491/mo (inc. tax)

The dealer is closed at the moment so i can't get the cap cost. i'm trying to back solve for it. i get that 24m/15k leases are going to be expensive, but i don't think i'm getting much of a discount off the MSRP at the moment... the negotiated price (not known) feels like it's in the range of $29,000 based on the above (or $1,500 off MSRP... which can be easily obtained with VW Conquest bonus and some other minor incentives).

KYFDX, can you please advise on the RV for All Track SE 24m/15k lease?

I've been quoted the following:
    Alltrack SE (Manual)
    MSRP: 30,750 (incl. destination fee)
    Down Pmt: 1,500
    MF: .00130
    RV: unknown
    Tax: 10%

$491/mo (inc. tax)

The dealer is closed at the moment so i can't get the cap cost. i'm trying to back solve for it. i get that 24m/15k leases are going to be expensive, but i don't think i'm getting much of a discount off the MSRP at the moment... the negotiated price (not known) feels like it's in the range of $29,000 based on the above (or $1,500 off MSRP... which can be easily obtained with VW Conquest bonus and some other minor incentives).

.00130 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi there friends,

I just wanted to follow-up on my thread above.  

First off, a massive thanks to KYFDX and team for sharing information that helped me make an educated and transparent decision.  As a buyer, I felt much more empowered in the negotiating process.

With your help, I was able cut through the noise and negotiate what I feel is a great deal on an AllTrack SE Manual.

Thanks again!  $434 for a 24m/15k lease, with less than $1k down pmt  ;-)  
  • atlmichaelatlmichael Member Posts: 1
    Hey KYFDX,

Can you tell me the MF and residual for the Alltrack S trim in Georgia? 36 months, 12k miles.

Thanks!

Hi there friends,

I just wanted to follow-up on my thread above.  

First off, a massive thanks to KYFDX and team for sharing information that helped me make an educated and transparent decision.  As a buyer, I felt much more empowered in the negotiating process.

With your help, I was able cut through the noise and negotiate what I feel is a great deal on an AllTrack SE Manual.

Thanks again!  $434 for a 24m/15k lease, with less than $1k down pmt  ;-)  

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey KYFDX,

Can you tell me the MF and residual for the Alltrack S trim in Georgia? 36 months, 12k miles.

Thanks!

.00190 and 54%, all trims

$2200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• eawhite09eawhite09 Member Posts: 57
    Michaell said:

Hey KYFDX,

Thanks!

.00190 and 54%, all trims

$2200 lease cash
    Wow - I've been debating between one of these and a Grand Cherokee (i know...odd) and shocked the residual isn't much better for the VW. I understand why the Jeep one blows..it's a jeep. But i thought due to popularity of Wagons on used market it'd be a winner on residual...
  • lucyredlucyred Member Posts: 95
    Hi,can you please give me the MF/Residual for 2017 alltrack s model awd in NY for 12/36 and any incentives. thanks
    lucyred said:

Hi,can you please give me the MF/Residual for 2017 alltrack s model awd in NY for 12/36 and any incentives. thanks

.00190 and 54%

$2200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator