Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• karhill1karhill1 Posts: 163
    In determining whether an extended service contract (AKA extended warranty) a person should consider how these contracts are priced.

First, the provider of the contract employs highly paid experts who determine the average expected payout under contracts for every vehicle.

Second, the provider adds profit to that amount and sells the contract to the dealer.

Third, the dealer adds additional profit both for the dealer and the F&I manager and sells to the customer.

To illustrate, as an example.

The provider may determine it will pay on average $800. The provider will add several hundred as profit and sell to the dealer for $1,200.

The dealer will add additional profit, we all known this can be 100 percent or more, and sell to the customer for $2,400.

So, for an expected payout of $800, the customer will perhaps pay $2,400.

An extended service contract is nothing but a bet. As with all bets, the house (dealer) wins.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,440
    So, had to be in Louisville on business. Decided to take a couple of days off and make it a long weekend. Stayed at the Galt House. Had reservations with a conf #, but they had some sort of convention (archery) and was sold out. After waiting at check in for 5 mins or so, the front desk told me they did not have the room I had reserved. Getting irritated, I asked them to make reservations for me at a similar hotel in downtown Louisville. They finally found me a room at the Galt House. 2 room suite with two bathrooms a living room, wet bar, and a balcony overlooking the Ohio River. Nice recovery on their end.

Did the Bourbon Trail (at least a small part of it). Evan Williams and Bulleit distilleries are right in downtown Louisville, both offered tastings, both were excellent tours.

Have some friends who live in Nashville, another couple hours south of Louisville, so dedided to visit them as they've been inviting me down for a while. But, I first had to stop at the Corvette Museum. You can set up delivery of your new Corvette there, and they had two of them set up while I was there on Friday....one convertible and one Z06. Fun to watch them get a primer on their new cars and drive them out of the museum. They also had a large display of the Corvettes that were swallowed by the sink hole. Some of those they were able to restore. Some, were basket cases. They displayed all of them and showed how big the hole was they fell into (very large). They also had security video of when it happened (at 5:30 in the a.m.). The motion and sound sensors picked up the incident. No one was present but I bet it would have been quite scary if there was anyone there....loud and floor dropping underneath you. Would have done it for me.

Nashville is a great city. Always fun. Building cranes everywhere downtown. It's growing and healthy.

Reported the Q50 got 28 MPG for the entire trip...about 75% highway. There were times the MPG readout hit 32 MPG, but that was on the rare flat portions of I65. It was a great travel companion. While both my Cadillacs and BMWs had highly accurate on board MPG readouts, as I always check them manually, too. The Q50, quite surprisingly, was dead on accurate down to the "tenths". It was exactly right on 4 out of the 5 times I filled up. The other it was off, it was only off by 1/10th. Amazing how much compute power is in today's cars.

I noticed a new "scam" during my travels. At interstate fuel/convenience store locations just off the exit, there were families with a dog. They were usually right to the side corner of the convenience store, or just behind the store, still visible as you enter the store.

The "family" points to a person who might show interest in the dog. The targets I saw would say something like...."AHHHH LOOK HOW CUTE?", or something similar. They've trained the dogs to be friendly, and if you're a "dog person", you would go over to pet the dog.

That's when the family, usually one of the kids, tells the unknowing suspect how they're car broke down, don't have money for a hotel, or need money to buy the part for the repair, etc.

People at two stations were forking over, not just singles or 5 dollar bills, but $20s, $50s and $100.

If I had noticed it once, I might have believed they were stranded. I saw it 3 times at 3 different fuel stops with 3 different "families".
    2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 5,474
    edited May 2017
    I used to buy extended warranties on some products. Both it for a car, dishwasher, TV set and a new overhead microwave, tire road hazard coverage. The prices did not appear that high, in comparison, always lower than in many other places for same type of coverage. Then, after about 10 years or so, I made a quick tally of how much I spent on the warranties vs. how much benefit I cashed out in form of value of repairs. Wasn't even close and I did cash out on couple of occasions. So, I stopped buying them.

I have enough money now to bear several hundreds, or thousands of any repair and have enough emotional strength to bear a thought of doing so. I won't be happy about it, but it won't ruin me. It may ruin my day, but not my finances.

It all goes to an issue of what is purpose of insurance - to me it's financial a security provided in case of low probability-high loss event, such as catastrophic illness, significant damage/destruction of a house, car. Not a $500, or even $3000 repair of a vehicle, or a refrigerator. Same thing goes for minor medical treatment, by the way. Not try to get political, but our problems with healthcare system can be rooted (in large degree, anyway) to an attitude that a doctor, or medication should somehow be free, just because old medical plans were telling us that was the case. "All you can eat free medical buffet" insurance is going away, thankfully, but that was one of the reasons why the prices rocketed up. I remember, when I was switched by my employer from that to a high deductible plan (happened a while ago) with extra consideration in form of HSA match funds, I wasn't thrilled. But today I think, it's the best way to go - introduces some reality check on the every day basis and still provides enough safety for catastrophic situations (as much as the old plans did - you only know how well you're covered when it all happens). I have a friend, who was paying ungodly premiums for his low-deductible plan (the company offered both options) for years, just because his wife couldn't get here head wrapped around the concept of total amount of money spent on premium plus doctors (i.e. money she couldn't see), vs. amounts charged on the bills for her family's doctor's visits (high deductible shows real prices paid, vs. low deductible has those small unrealistic copays). His low deductible premium plus copays difference would have covered the HSA contribution, or even maximum out-of-pocket limit. But the numbers were just too overwhelming for her and emotions (fear of $150 doctor bills, vs. $20 copay with hidden payment in the premium) were just too great. That's, ladies and gentlemen, how you sell insurance or extended warranty. FEAR.

I don't buy extended warranties, or to be more precise I don't buy them at prices offered. I would buy one, but most likely at a price that nobody would sell it to me.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

edited May 2017

That's when the family, usually one of the kids, tells the unknowing suspect how they're car broke down, don't have money for a hotel, or need money to buy the part for the repair, etc.

People at two stations were forking over, not just singles or 5 dollar bills, but $20s, $50s and $100.

If I had noticed it once, I might have believed they were stranded. I saw it 3 times at 3 different fuel stops with 3 different "families".

I have not seen a "family", but there was this guy with a gas can at a station asking for money "for gas". So I say "put the can on the ground, I'll pour gas there now". Of course, he mumbles something and walks away. Same guy "works" that station a few weeks later. I also once offered a "hungry" person to buy a sandwich, here and now. Similar response. This really made me a little heartless.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,352
    Speaking of extended warranties: I have only bought a few and none in recent years. When I bought my plasma TV in '08 I did fork out for one because of two things: I had just gotten stung on a bad Sony HDTV that failed after 3 years, no help from Sony even though it was a chronic problem with that model. Second, after that experience I was dubious of expensive technology in general. Of course that second set (a Panasonic) has been flawless and is still going strong. So I spent a few hundred bucks on peace of mind and am OK with that.

The only other one, though, was a hoot looking back on it. In the mid-'80s I bought my first microwave oven. To me back then these were high-tech miracles and nobody else in my family even had one at that point. I bought it at Sears, a Kenmore, on clearance. I think it was maybe $250 - they were expensive things back then. For some reason when they asked me about the warranty plan I said sure because it was like $20. I got my money's worth out of that. The thing would die when it wasn't being used. You'd get up in the morning and it would be completely dead like it was unplugged. Back to the depot, it would stay there for about a week, they would find the problem, fix it. This happened 3 or 4 times over a few years. The last time it happened the guy told me there was a fuse in it that apparently was the wrong one from the factory and every time it blew they would replace it with a similar one which was also undersized. Eventually someone figured it out and put in a bigger fuse, no problems ever again. I used it for years after that and eventually gave it to the son of a buddy who was setting up his first apartment. AFAIK he still uses it.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

edited May 2017
    ab348 said:

Speaking of extended warranties: I have only bought a few and none in recent years. When I bought my plasma TV in '08 I did fork out for one because of two things: I had just gotten stung on a bad Sony HDTV that failed after 3 years, no help from Sony even though it was a chronic problem with that model. Second, after that experience I was dubious of expensive technology in general. Of course that second set (a Panasonic) has been flawless and is still going strong. So I spent a few hundred bucks on peace of mind and am OK with that.

That's actually a classic setup. Recent "trauma" makes us decide to pony up, whereas statistics are quite clear - probability of having two bad appliances in the row (or more precise - conditional probability of having another bad appliance after just having one bad) is even smaller than general probability of having a bad small appliance. So, rational thing would be to NOT buy one, yet being emotional animals, we would exactly do the opposite, to avoid the "trauma" of what we just went through. Insurance companies know all of that - they make their decisions made based on math models (not always correct). Of course, the experience is different - for them a single bad event is a part of statistics, for us it may be ruined weekend, expenses, general bad taste in the mouth, so we will do a lot to avoid feeling this again, even if rationally it doesn't make much sense.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 23,379
    There have been multiple branches to the discussion of extended warranties.

First on appliance warranties, I just say no because I'll buy a new one if something happens. On the large double-door refrigerator, I did buy the Lowes warranty because it's a service warranty. I don't picture myself pulling this one out of its built-in hole because it's wider and designed differently than the previous one which I did repair often both inside (thermostat for defroster) and behind (compressor startup relay). Five years.

Second on autos the aftermarket warranties. I wouldn't touch one. I've heard too many callers to radio mechanics about trying to get their car repaired and the exclusions in the contract IF the company hasn't already gone out of business.

Third on autos, I bought GM's warranty because it's covering bumper-to-bumper the things that aren't covered under the drivertrain warranty. If something should happen to me, my son had the ability to take the Cobalt and now the Cruze in for service, receive a loaner for most things and know it will be fixed. Same for my wife with the Malibu. The GM warranties are transferable if the car is sold to a relative or other buyer AND have a refund for unused portion of the warranty.

I asked about how other companies handle their warranties that are backed by the car companies themselves. It sounds like there are differences.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 23,379
    There have been multiple branches to the discussion of extended warranties.

First on appliance warranties, I just say no because I'll buy a new one if something happens. On the large double-door refrigerator, I did buy the Lowes warranty because it's a service warranty. I don't picture myself pulling this one out of its built-in hole because it's wider and designed differently than the previous one which I did repair often both inside (thermostat for defroster) and behind (compressor startup relay). Five years.

Second on autos the aftermarket warranties. I wouldn't touch one. I've heard too many callers to radio mechanics about trying to get their car repaired and the exclusions in the contract IF the company hasn't already gone out of business.

Third on autos, I bought GM's warranty because it's covering bumper-to-bumper the things that aren't covered under the drivertrain warranty. If something should happen to me, my son had the ability to take the Cobalt and now the Cruze in for service, receive a loaner for most things and know it will be fixed. Same for my wife with the Malibu. The GM warranties are transferable if the car is sold to a relative or other buyer AND have a refund for unused portion of the warranty.

I asked about how other companies handle their warranties that are backed by the car companies themselves. It sounds like there are differences.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,227
    High School friends? I had 3 close friends in High School. My friend Jason died very suddenly when he was 27. Scott & Dan are the only people from a graduating class of 400 that I keep in touch with. I have no desire to ever go to a HS reunion. I'd rather take the money and take my beautiful wife out for a nice night.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,133
    nyccarguy said:

High School friends? I had 3 close friends in High School. My friend Jason died very suddenly when he was 27. Scott & Dan are the only people from a graduating class of 400 that I keep in touch with. I have no desire to ever go to a HS reunion. I'd rather take the money and take my beautiful wife out for a nice night.

Amen. My graduating class was 97 - two of them remain my best friends (they're twin brothers) and if I never see anyone else from HS again, I will not be upset.
    2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i
    It's all about the price. BMW can get quite expensive past manufacturer's warranty. But they also charge pretty penny for extended one, too. So do I want to spend over two grand for just a chance that I'll get those two grand back if the air conditioner breaks in year 5? Also, would it really ruin me if I had to pay out-of-pocket? There are several decent independent mechanics specializing in BMW repairs in my metro area. They aren't particularly cheap, but they know what they're doing. So I pay around half (sometimes more) what I'd pay at the dealer and I get the car fixed. BTW, I just had my first out-of warranty failure on my wagon - needed a new coil pack. One failed, but I opted to replace all six and also let them put new spark plugs. About $800 total, plus $60 Uber rides to work and back. Still way less than the extra two years of warranty I would have bought - the warranty would expire around six months from now. As you all know, I'm getting a new car by then. Got the production number already, still waiting for a VIN and loan signing - coming in a week or two.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,569
    karhill1 said:

So, for an expected payout of $800, the customer will perhaps pay $2,400. . . .As with all bets, the house (dealer) wins.

And yet people buy them. Some inhabit this board. Go figure.

Thanks for a post that brings actual information -- much appreciated.

edited May 2017

karhill1 said:

So, for an expected payout of $800, the customer will perhaps pay $2,400. . . .As with all bets, the house (dealer) wins.

And yet people buy them. Some inhabit this board. Go figure.

Thanks for a post that brings actual information -- much appreciated.

They buy it, because $800 is an average payout in the example. There is a decent chance that you'll get nothing whatsoever and a very small chance you'll get more than $2400. People buy that chance. They get sold because "it is only" $45 per month (added some interest on 5-yr. loan), which becomes money already accounted for in the budget and written off. The pain of having to come up with $1000, 2000, or God save $5000 cash at once, seems unbearable to those who buy those warranties. To me it's the same money and I'd rather keep it on chance I won't need to use it. Those who buy these warranties, would likely have spent those two grand on something else and have nothing in the bank when the lightning strikes, so if they have to pay $45 per month extra for the "peace of mind", they'll do it. They're responsible enough to make planned payments, they're just too weak to resist buying something when money is available. I know the kind. That mindset has nothing to do with their actual earnings (income). No matter how much they make, they'll find a way to spend it before it even makes to their bank account. For them, extra $45 per month for not having to scramble, is a godsend. I can't live like that, but apparently enough people do, so with skilled sales force at F&I departments of dealerships and appliance stores, extended warranties sell well.

Also, a small percentage of buyers buy time saved, as in case of the issue, they don't have to think about it - they just go to the dealer (or other garage that is on the list), don't have to think whether the quote is reflecting the real need. Saves them time and hassle. For steep price, IMHO, but if they value it that much, then fine. As long as you know what you're buying and for how much, it's fine.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,352
    And then there are those of us who just sign up for a new car payment before the factory warranty runs out... ;)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    The few...the brave...the chosen....
  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 24,389
    ab348 said:

And then there are those of us who just sign up for a new car payment before the factory warranty runs out... ;)

lol and that is me if at all possible and makes sense.

OTOH
    karhill1 said:

Generally I agree, but there are exceptions. If I had a 3 year old Mercedes, bmw, Audi, and I was doing 12000 miles a year, and I loved the car and wanted to keep it for 3 more years, I might just think that since I am buying out the car so still have about $25000 invested in it, I might rest easier paying $800 a year to have the peace of mind of knowing I am not going to have a few major repairs in a year that could cost $3000 or more. I don't think I would do it but I know some people worry more than others...peace of mind is worth something.

The example Karhill gave may be a bit flawed.........few people will come out with an average repair bill of $800. I bought that full replacement insurance and it cost about $60 a year. The new car was worth about $25000 more than a depreciated MB E400 would have been. A lot of people pay $60 a year and don't collect anything, but the insurance company still makes a profit....it is just collective buying power and odds. The warranty company doesn't make a profit on every sale but they do overall.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

ab348 said:

... or before first oil change (Mike's brother) :wink:

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    dino001 said:

I used to buy extended warranties on some products. Both it for a car, dishwasher, TV set and a new overhead microwave, tire road hazard coverage. The prices did not appear that high, in comparison, always lower than in many other places for same type of coverage. Then, after about 10 years or so, I made a quick tally of how much I spent on the warranties vs. how much benefit I cashed out in form of value of repairs. Wasn't even close and I did cash out on couple of occasions. So, I stopped buying them.

I have enough money now to bear several hundreds, or thousands of any repair and have enough emotional strength to bear a thought of doing so. I won't be happy about it, but it won't ruin me. It may ruin my day, but not my finances.

It all goes to an issue of what is purpose of insurance - to me it's financial a security provided in case of low probability-high loss event, such as catastrophic illness, significant damage/destruction of a house, car. Not a $500, or even $3000 repair of a vehicle, or a refrigerator. Same thing goes for minor medical treatment, by the way. Not try to get political, but our problems with healthcare system can be rooted (in large degree, anyway) to an attitude that a doctor, or medication should somehow be free, just because old medical plans were telling us that was the case. "All you can eat free medical buffet" insurance is going away, thankfully, but that was one of the reasons why the prices rocketed up. I remember, when I was switched by my employer from that to a high deductible plan (happened a while ago) with extra consideration in form of HSA match funds, I wasn't thrilled. But today I think, it's the best way to go - introduces some reality check on the every day basis and still provides enough safety for catastrophic situations (as much as the old plans did - you only know how well you're covered when it all happens). I have a friend, who was paying ungodly premiums for his low-deductible plan (the company offered both options) for years, just because his wife couldn't get here head wrapped around the concept of total amount of money spent on premium plus doctors (i.e. money she couldn't see), vs. amounts charged on the bills for her family's doctor's visits (high deductible shows real prices paid, vs. low deductible has those small unrealistic copays). His low deductible premium plus copays difference would have covered the HSA contribution, or even maximum out-of-pocket limit. But the numbers were just too overwhelming for her and emotions (fear of $150 doctor bills, vs. $20 copay with hidden payment in the premium) were just too great. That's, ladies and gentlemen, how you sell insurance or extended warranty. FEAR.

I don't buy extended warranties, or to be more precise I don't buy them at prices offered. I would buy one, but most likely at a price that nobody would sell it to me.

We recently bought an electric pressure washer through Amazon. They offered a four year extended warranty through Square Trade for I think, 26.00 and I bit! Pressure washers can be troublesome and I figured I would spring for the protection. We had a gas pressure washer that was a pain to get started. I would pull that cord dozens of times, spray either into the carb and curse until it finally would start. I loaned it to a neighbor one day (big mistake) and he was washing his dock when it vibrated itself into the lake. He had it fixed but it was even worse after that!
    edited May 2017
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

lol and that is me if at all possible and makes sense.

OTOH
    karhill1 said:

Generally I agree, but there are exceptions. If I had a 3 year old Mercedes, bmw, Audi, and I was doing 12000 miles a year, and I loved the car and wanted to keep it for 3 more years, I might just think that since I am buying out the car so still have about $25000 invested in it, I might rest easier paying $800 a year to have the peace of mind of knowing I am not going to have a few major repairs in a year that could cost $3000 or more. I don't think I would do it but I know some people worry more than others...peace of mind is worth something.
    You can be sure that those would be priced much higher. Extra 2 or 3 years with extra 50k full boat (say 6y/100k or 7/100), including entertainment electronics, will easily set you back over 3 grand, if not 4, depending on the deductible. If I needed to go and fix my car three times in one year, each time for say $1000, I would probably not own it for much longer.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 276
    edited May 2017
    Not sure where to post, but this seems like a good place. I am experienced with leasing cars in NY. My son moved to Missouri (St. Louis/St. Charles), and will soon be leasing a new car of his own. How does leasing in MO differ from NY? For instance, in NY, sales tax is applied to each monthly payment, with the total sum payable at lease inception. How does tax work in MO? Any other differences? Does the dealer handle all registration?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,545
    rbirns1 said:

Not sure where to post, but this seems like a good place. I am experienced with leasing cars in NY. My son moved to Missouri, and will soon be leasing a new car of his own. How does leasing in MO differ from NY? For instance, in NY, sales tax is applied to each monthly payment, with the total sum payable at lease inception. How does tax work in MO? Any other differences? Does the dealer handle all registration?

I believe that MO taxes the monthly payment, each month.

No information on registration practices. @Kirstie_H - you live in MO, right? Any help?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,791
    As others have expressed with their stories, the value of warranties can vary greatly. Would I pay $20 to cover a $1k high-complexity item for 4 years? Quite likely. Just 1 repair makes that worth it. $20 for a $200 item? No. That is not worth it to me because, by the time I might use that warranty, the same item (or better) is worth $99 on sale so I would just buy a new one.

As for cars: When I had my CTS, I was looking at GM warranties and, IIRC, it was something like $2k to add 1 year to the already pretty good factory warranty. Not worth it. But $2400 to get the Lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty on my wife's $48k minivan? Yup, I took that. That is a long-term bet but I really can't imagine how I will not come out ahead on that in the end.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

We recently bought an electric pressure washer through Amazon. They offered a four year extended warranty through Square Trade for I think, 26.00 and I bit! Pressure washers can be troublesome and I figured I would spring for the protection. We had a gas pressure washer that was a pain to get started. I would pull that cord dozens of times, spray either into the carb and curse until it finally would start. I loaned it to a neighbor one day (big mistake) and he was washing his dock when it vibrated itself into the lake. He had it fixed but it was even worse after that!

How much is the new washer?

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Amazon seels a variety of them but a decent one is around $150 bucks. These are electric of course.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 7,909
    abacomike said:

I agree that LS500 grille is hideous

I keep expecting them to moderate that stupid grill, instead, each year they seem to double down !

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,545
    houdini1 said:

abacomike said:

I agree that LS500 grille is hideous

I keep expecting them to moderate that stupid grill, instead, each year they seem to double down !
    Eventually it will span the entire width of the car .... it is distinctive, however, whether you like it or not.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 8,361
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

@Michaell nice that you do keep with sum of your frends on facebook and Lincton. that is one thing that I do have to joyen Lincton. hope you had an good weekand. have an good up cumming week. going to Canada as you no from CCBA on Thursday! much neaded vacation. mom is doing all of the driving. wish could help out! but as you no cant it is what it is. tried to set up Edmans on my phone it is giving me problems so will only be able to read no postings for me for an little over one week.

I don't know how this place is going to survive without the two of us.

I'm outta here for a week myself starting on Tuesday.

jmonroe
    Well, we will have a lot more cyberspace that we will be able to use.

Both of you have good trips................JMonroe.....where are you going?
    Marco...where in Canada are you going....it is a pretty big country?
    Going to Delray Beach with Mrs. j and my youngest brother and his wife to see our widowed SIL. Our SIL is not feeling well of late but it doesn't seem to be too serious so we figured this would be a good time to visit and enjoy South Florida. My brother was conned, years ago, into one of those time share rip off things so he is getting a place with 2 bedrooms in Pompano Beach and asked if we wanted to come along. I wanted to pay for half of the condo thingy but he won't accept any payback so I will be getting the rental car and picking up a few meal tabs too.

On top of that we will be visiting our niece in Boca and Mrs. j's sister who is visiting her daughter now. They have some things planned so I'll see how that goes.

If we weren't going to be attending so many get togethers this would have been a good time to barge in on @abacomike. That way I could have given you guys a first hand account of the 740i he has been bragging about. Maybe next time. BUT, if Mike could find it in his heart and wallet to take all of us to that expensive steakhouse, I might be able to find a way to pop in. B)

I hope you guys don't burn up all the cyberspace before I get back because I'm sure I'll have some lengthy tales to tell, especially if Mike bites on my proposition. :D

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,590
    JM, make sure to get an Altima as a rental. That way we can have all the fun stories of how Mrs. JM reacts to all the ladies hitting on you!

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco new yorkPosts: 3,838

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 10,359

jmonroe said:

@Michaell nice that you do keep with sum of your frends on facebook and Lincton. that is one thing that I do have to joyen Lincton. hope you had an good weekand. have an good up cumming week. going to Canada as you no from CCBA on Thursday! much neaded vacation. mom is doing all of the driving. wish could help out! but as you no cant it is what it is. tried to set up Edmans on my phone it is giving me problems so will only be able to read no postings for me for an little over one week.

I don't know how this place is going to survive without the two of us.

I'm outta here for a week myself starting on Tuesday.

jmonroe

Well, we will have a lot more cyberspace that we will be able to use.

Both of you have good trips................JMonroe.....where are you going?
    Marco...where in Canada are you going....it is a pretty big country?

Going to Delray Beach with Mrs. j and my youngest brother and his wife to see our widowed SIL. Our SIL is not feeling well of late but it doesn't seem to be too serious so we figured this would be a good time to visit and enjoy South Florida. My brother was conned, years ago, into one of those time share rip off things so he is getting a place with 2 bedrooms in Pompano Beach and asked if we wanted to come along. I wanted to pay for half of the condo thingy but he won't accept any payback so I will be getting the rental car and picking up a few meal tabs too.

On top of that we will be visiting our niece in Boca and Mrs. j's sister who is visiting her daughter now. They have some things planned so I'll see how that goes.

If we weren't going to be attending so many get togethers this would have been a good time to barge in on @abacomike. That way I could have given you guys a first hand account of the 740i he has been bragging about. Maybe next time. BUT, if Mike could find it in his heart and wallet to take all of us to that expensive steakhouse, I might be able to find a way to pop in. B)

I hope you guys don't burn up all the cyberspace before I get back because I'm sure I'll have some lengthy tales to tell, especially if Mike bites on my proposition. :D

jmonroe

I'll take you and your wife for dinner at the steakhouse!  Name the day!  B)

2018 Mercedes S450