Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

haggleman said:

CRV EX-L AWD

No Nav

36/12

In Alabama if it matters

Of course Alabama matters.  Roll Tide! 
  • lesseefairlesseefair Member Posts: 132
    May I please have the brand-new July 6th MF and RV for a 2017 CR-V LX AWD, 36 mos/12k, for Wisconsin (53092)--including any possible dealer cash and/or lease cash?

Thank you, kindly!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121

May I please have the brand-new July 6th MF and RV for a 2017 CR-V LX AWD, 36 mos/12k, for Wisconsin (53092)--including any possible dealer cash and/or lease cash?

Thank you, kindly!

.00200 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lesseefairlesseefair Member Posts: 132
    Thank you. To confirm, the MF is .00200? 4.8%?

Thank you. To confirm, the MF is .00200? 4.8%?

That is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• hagglemanhaggleman Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2017
    CRV EX-L FWD
    No Nav
    36 month
    Residual % ?
    In Alabama

As far as MF%, do you know what it would be for a one-payment lease?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    haggleman said:

CRV EX-L FWD
    No Nav
    36 month
    Residual % ?
    In Alabama

.00200 MF and 61% residual for 36/15.

.00120 MF for one-payment lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ted1234ted1234 Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

haggleman said:

CRV EX-L FWD
    No Nav
    36 month
    Residual % ?
    In Alabama

How does honda one pay lease work? is it all 36 months worth of payments up front but with the lower .00120 MF? Any other advantages/disadvantages besides the lower MF? Do all Honda dealers have this option? Thanks!

ted1234 said:

kyfdx said:

haggleman said:

CRV EX-L FWD
    No Nav
    36 month
    Residual % ?
    In Alabama

How does honda one pay lease work? is it all 36 months worth of payments up front but with the lower .00120 MF? Any other advantages/disadvantages besides the lower MF? Do all Honda dealers have this option? Thanks!

Lease payment is calculated with lower MF, then the payments are summed up and due at signing.

No other pros or cons beyond the lower MF.

All Honda dealers should be able to write up a lease with these parameters.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mskibrowsingmskibrowsing Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    CRV 2016 EX to CRV 2017 EX. We were trying for a key to key lease trade on our 2016 lease from Feb. 2016.. 12/38 with 16k miles....apprasided at $22k and was told the residual value on the 2017 was at 58% vs our 63% 2016. Connecticut. Thoughts?

CRV 2016 EX to CRV 2017 EX. We were trying for a key to key lease trade on our 2016 lease from Feb. 2016.. 12/38 with 16k miles....apprasided at $22k and was told the residual value on the 2017 was at 58% vs our 63% 2016. Connecticut. Thoughts?

Getting out of a lease early can be expensive, even with a Honda.

What you need are the payoff and trade values of your existing CR-V - then, you'll be in a better position to understand the numbers for the new deal.

The 2017 CR-V is going to be expensive to lease, so long as the MF stays high (.00200 still, this month).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

we are basically a wash on the pay off and trade... so they were appraising it at 22k when we were at the lot. They were talking residual value was the culprit on not getting to the same payment.

we are basically a wash on the pay off and trade... so they were appraising it at 22k when we were at the lot. They were talking residual value was the culprit on not getting to the same payment.

I don't think you can lease a 2017 CR-V for the same payment you have on the 2016.

We've been seeing payments north of $350 from most folks.

And, a higher residual should result in a lower payment, all things being equal.

But, they're not - as noted, the 2017 MF is .00200. I'm sure the MF on your 2016 is much, much lower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thanks for the explanation...
  • russellhobbsrussellhobbs Member Posts: 12
    Hi, Can I get the MF and Residuals for the 2017 CRV AWD, ExL without Nav and Touring. This is 36/12. For MD, DC and VA.

In your opinion do you think its better to lease or buy the new CRV at the moment?

Thanks.

Hi, Can I get the MF and Residuals for the 2017 CRV AWD, ExL without Nav and Touring. This is 36/12. For MD, DC and VA.

In your opinion do you think its better to lease or buy the new CRV at the moment?

Thanks.

.00200 MF and 63% residual.

I wouldn't lease with money factors at this level.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lairdwdlairdwd Member Posts: 56
    kyfdx said:

.00200 MF and 63% residual.

I wouldn't lease with money factors at this level.

+1. I'm ready to re-up, but will not lease another honda at this MF. More power to them. We've got a lot of Americans that can afford an extra $120/month over peer vehicles. I'll be just as happy in a nice Subaru.
  • cheddieohcheddieoh Member Posts: 8
    Awesome forum! Hope you can help! 

Mom's Lease is up in 5 wks (mid Aug). *HAS* a 2014 CRV-EX AWD: 36m/45k (has 41k) RV=$16,107. 
    *WANTS* new 2017 CRV-EX AWD, 36m/45k. FICO 800. In Ohio.

* Saw the .0020 MF in prev posts for July. Is rate same for all credit levels? Expect to be same in Aug?

* What is RV for 36/45?

* Need 45k, but any advantage doing a 40m/45k to get her lease turnover (re-up) date to December in future yrs? Any positive impact on MF or RV? Thank you!

cheddieoh said:

Mom's Lease is up in 5 wks (mid Aug). *HAS* a 2014 CRV-EX AWD: 36m/45k (has 41k) RV=$16,107. 

* Saw the .0020 MF in prev posts for July. Is rate same for all credit levels? Expect to be same in Aug?

* What is RV for 36/45?

* Need 45k, but any advantage doing a 40m/45k to get her lease turnover (re-up) date to December in future yrs? Any positive impact on MF or RV? Thank you!

.00200 MF and 61% residual.

If you do a longer term lease, you get more miles, and the residual goes down. I doubt Honda will do any sort of custom mileage allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• madgeminimadgemini Member Posts: 6
    cheddieoh said:

* What is RV for 36/45?

I think Honda allows the option of extending the lease month-to-month after it fully matures? That might be an option to get to a hopefully better time of the year to get into a new lease.
  • hondagalnychondagalnyc Member Posts: 4
    Wonderful information, my husband and I own a 2012 CR-V that we purchased outright so our payments were lower. With a baby and now on maternity leave, my income is not available to help and we wanted to lease to cut down on monthly costs. We drive cross-country to visit my family so we wanted a new vehicle for reliability. We looked at the 2017 CR-V Ex-L.

Imagine my surprise when I got quoted $440/month for 36 months (actually, he said it was 39 months -- huh ?), 15K miles, AND $2K down. The salesman said the money factor was .0021 because the Fed had hiked rates (is that true ?). He said if we went with an EX model we're looking at $400/month give or take.

Are these payments reasonable ? High ? Average ?

Wonderful information, my husband and I own a 2012 CR-V that we purchased outright so our payments were lower. With a baby and now on maternity leave, my income is not available to help and we wanted to lease to cut down on monthly costs. We drive cross-country to visit my family so we wanted a new vehicle for reliability. We looked at the 2017 CR-V Ex-L.

Imagine my surprise when I got quoted $440/month for 36 months (actually, he said it was 39 months -- huh ?), 15K miles, AND $2K down. The salesman said the money factor was .0021 because the Fed had hiked rates (is that true ?). He said if we went with an EX model we're looking at $400/month give or take.

The vehicle is very popular. It's not a good value to lease, IMO.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    My son just leased one last night. EX-L FWD, 39/12, taxes rolled into payment, $394 per month. First month, DMV, tax on $500 new grad incentive, and security deposit on delivery. Maybe not a great value relative to competing vehicles, but it's what he wants and it's affordable to him, so it's all good.
    kyfdx said:

But is $441 a month for 39 months outside the range or about right ? Dealer says the reddish color we want is in low supply so not to wait too long. Apparently, other dealers can pull it off their lot if they get an order.
    rbirns1 said:

My son just leased one last night. EX-L FWD, 39/12, taxes rolled into payment, $394 per month. First month, DMV, tax on $500 new grad incentive, and security deposit on delivery. Maybe not a great value relative to competing vehicles, but it's what he wants and it's affordable to him, so it's all good.

Congrats to your son - that's a pretty decent price for the CR-V.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx said:

But is $441 a month for 39 months outside the range or about right ? Dealer says the reddish color we want is in low supply so not to wait too long. Apparently, other dealers can pull it off their lot if they get an order.
    Would need to know the MSRP and the adjusted cap cost to tell you if it's a good deal.

See the post above yours - EX-L FWD just leased for $394/mo. You tell me if your $441/mo quote is good by comparison.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2017
    Would need to know the MSRP and the adjusted cap cost to tell you if it's a good deal.
    See the post above yours - EX-L FWD just leased for $394/mo. You tell me if your $441/mo quote is good by comparison.

Why are MSRP and adjusted cap cost important ? A dealer can tell me they are both at ridiculously low or high levels...that just makes the monthly lease payment they gave me either very very bad (if the MSRP/cap cost is low) or very very good (if they are high). I mean, if they tell me the CV-R sells for $40,000 (MSRP or cap cost), then $441 would be pretty good. If they tell me the CV-R can be bought outright for $20,000 then the number quoted is insane. Obviously, if those prices were legit you'd want to buy the 2nd quote and avoid the 1st one.

Right ?

Why are MSRP and adjusted cap cost important ? A dealer can tell me they are both at ridiculously low or high levels...that just makes the monthly lease payment they gave me either very very bad (if the MSRP/cap cost is low) or very very good (if they are high). I mean, if they tell me the CV-R sells for $40,000 (MSRP or cap cost), then $441 would be pretty good. If they tell me the CV-R can be bought outright for $20,000 then the number quoted is insane. Obviously, if those prices were legit you'd want to buy the 2nd quote and avoid the 1st one.

Right ?

The lease payment is highly dependent on how much of a discount you can negotiate from sticker.

It's just math - with all the numbers, we can tell you exactly what the payment should be. Helps identify junk fees, too.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michael, can't we assume that most of the time dealerships (at least regionally) are pretty close in MSRP or cap cost ? How much could they differ ? I know there are differences based on dealer cost structure, volume, location, etc.....but do you really find the "cost" of a vehicle on the sticker varying that much within a 20-30 mile radius, outside of maybe moving from an area like ours (NYC) to the suburbs ?

Michael, can't we assume that most of the time dealerships (at least regionally) are pretty close in MSRP or cap cost ? How much could they differ ? I know there are differences based on dealer cost structure, volume, location, etc.....but do you really find the "cost" of a vehicle on the sticker varying that much within a 20-30 mile radius, outside of maybe moving from an area like ours (NYC) to the suburbs ?

Dealer cost doesn't vary much, but sale pricing can vary by thousands. It's not really important for you to know the actual dealer cost. What you want is the lowest sale price. There is no easy way to get that without competitive shopping.

If you want an easy deal, just pay the first dealer's asking price. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• auxiliaryauxiliary Member Posts: 2
    I went to the dealer today even though I knew I was not walking out with a new crv and I was right. Honda marketing mailed me they wanted my car but only been Leasing  for 1 year, I knew it was too soon. Looking to get out of a 16 crv ex lease and into 17 crv ex lease. My pay off didn't make sense for them to make money and they wanted more. They had me walk and then the owner came out to talk. Wanted $2000 down payment to get my payments the same. I pay $329 before taxes, my 6th lease and I always do about $400 down payment  for first month. Another dealer quotes me $349 before tax ,$349 down, 12k/36 , but they didn't know I was in a lease. I walked out with $10 target GC, woot woot....see them next year I told them. 
    auxiliary said:

I went to the dealer today even though I knew I was not walking out with a new crv and I was right. Honda marketing mailed me they wanted my car but only been Leasing  for 1 year, I knew it was too soon. Looking to get out of a 16 crv ex lease and into 17 crv ex lease. My pay off didn't make sense for them to make money and they wanted more. They had me walk and then the owner came out to talk. Wanted $2000 down payment to get my payments the same. I pay $329 before taxes, my 6th lease and I always do about $400 down payment  for first month. Another dealer quotes me $349 before tax ,$349 down, 12k/36 , but they didn't know I was in a lease. I walked out with $10 target GC, woot woot....see them next year I told them. 

Exiting a lease early without some sort of cash out of pocket on your part is rare.

Good on you to walk. The lease deals on the CR-V can only get better. Be patient.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• good_boy_1234good_boy_1234 Member Posts: 81
    edited July 2017

Right ?

-------

Both numbers above are overpriced. 440 with 2 grands down for EX-L -even with navigation- is way over priced! I got EX-L, with Nav, All wheel drive for less than $400 per month, ZERO down payment, no hidden fees on signing (just first month + DMV fees + document fees of $210ish).

According to many people, mine is a solid deal, however, need to confess that I spent over a week moving between dealers and negotiate!

Right ?

-------

Both numbers above are overpriced. 440 with 2 grands down for EX-L -even with navigation- is way over priced! I got EX-L, with Nav, All wheel drive for less than $400 per month, ZERO down payment, no hidden fees on signing (just first month + DMV fees + document fees of $210ish).

According to many people, mine is a solid deal, however, need to confess that I spent over a week moving between dealers and negotiate!

That's the trick - get the dealers to compete against themselves to get you the best price, and therefore, the best payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zeetwentyfourzeetwentyfour Member Posts: 13
    What makes the money factor so high on this? Or any car in general?

What makes the money factor so high on this? Or any car in general?

Short answer - greed.

Somewhat longer answer - popular vehicles will always cost more to buy or lease. My guess is that when all the type on the new CR-V dies down - whenever that is - the MF will drop, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lairdwdlairdwd Member Posts: 56
    > What makes the money factor so high on this

Yeah, good question. But I think a lot of Americans have some extra cash to blow and don't really care about an extra $120/month (or more) on a lease payment. Honda doesn't care either... That is, of course until all the loans start going belly up since the auto industry is all in again on subprime.

It's usually the prime crowd that want a deal and will go elsewhere. Not sure what to make here.
    It's just supply and demand. The CR-V is in demand, so no incentives needed. That money factor is only for top tier customers, so I don't think Honda Finance has anything to worry about.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tsinoytsinoy Member Posts: 24
    Hello- what is the MF, RV for CRV EX and EXL FWD 36/36 in Atlanta, GA? Any Honda incentives?
    tsinoy said:

Hello- what is the MF, RV for CRV EX and EXL FWD 36/36 in Atlanta, GA? Any Honda incentives?

.00200 and 63% for both EX and EX-L

No incentives on the CR-V

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bluecrown100bluecrown100 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Can I get the residual value and MF for CRV LX and EX AWD, for 24 months in St. Louis, MO?
    Thanks for your time

Hello,
    Can I get the residual value and MF for CRV LX and EX AWD, for 24 months in St. Louis, MO?
    Thanks for your time

.00200 and 67% (LX) or 68% (EX), for 24/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• andreasandersandreasanders Member Posts: 30
    Hi there,

Can I get the MF and residual for 2017 CRV EX-L AWD, 36/12K, in Philadelphia? Also, I don't hear much talk of the Touring trim...not worth the extra cash? Any difference between MF and residual at that trim level?

Also, last question...does your credit rating affect the MF in any way? Sorry for all the questions, I am very new to this (have been living in Europe, biking for the past 5 years!)

Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

Can I get the MF and residual for 2017 CRV EX-L AWD, 36/12K, in Philadelphia? Also, I don't hear much talk of the Touring trim...not worth the extra cash? Any difference between MF and residual at that trim level?

Also, last question...does your credit rating affect the MF in any way? Sorry for all the questions, I am very new to this (have been living in Europe, biking for the past 5 years!)

Thank you in advance!

.00200 MF and 63% residual
    Touring residual is 3% lower.

.00200 is for top tier credit. As your credit score goes down, that rate will go up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aschugeraschuger Member Posts: 55
    What is the MF and residual for a 2017 Honda CR-V EX for 36 months/15k miles per year in California?

Thanks in advance for the help
    aschuger said:

What is the MF and residual for a 2017 Honda CR-V EX for 36 months/15k miles per year in California?

Thanks in advance for the help

.00200 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jphonda34jphonda34 Member Posts: 1
    I was hoping to get some insight on a lease for a 2017 Honda CR-V EX AWD in NY

Monthly payment $326.59 (36 months and 12,000 miles a year)
    Down payment is $2000 and a $500 college graduation bonus
    MSRP is $29,035
    Selling price is $26,987
    MF is .00200
    Residual is $18,292

Thank you for your time.
    jphonda34 said:

I was hoping to get some insight on a lease for a 2017 Honda CR-V EX AWD in NY

Monthly payment $326.59 (36 months and 12,000 miles a year)
    Down payment is $2000 and a $500 college graduation bonus
    MSRP is $29,035
    Selling price is $26,987
    MF is .00200
    Residual is $18,292

Thank you for your time.

I get $332.08/mo with those numbers.

Your quote is in the ballpark - my guess is that some of the $2000 down is being used to lower the selling price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sandycohensandycohen Member Posts: 7
    I saw on an earlier part of the thread Michaell explained that a single-pay lease is calculated at a lower MF, and payments are summed into one payment. I asked a dealer if I can just make a downpayment that is equal to almost the entire capitalized cost (selling price less residual), so no interest is calculated on that amount at all, and I have a very small payment ($10 or something) that is subject to interest. They said it won't help. Does the interest get calculated on cap cost reductions at the full MF, so it just gets treated as a prepayment of the interest? Thanks!

I saw on an earlier part of the thread Michaell explained that a single-pay lease is calculated at a lower MF, and payments are summed into one payment. I asked a dealer if I can just make a downpayment that is equal to almost the entire capitalized cost (selling price less residual), so no interest is calculated on that amount at all, and I have a very small payment ($10 or something) that is subject to interest. They said it won't help. Does the interest get calculated on cap cost reductions at the full MF, so it just gets treated as a prepayment of the interest? Thanks!

A one-pay lease is calculated like any other lease payment, just with the reduced MF. Then the payments are summed up and you pay that amount.

Are you suggesting you put up $15K (or whatever) as cap cost reduction to have a tiny payment, that is subject to interest? I can see why the dealer has no interest in doing that, but I don't think it can't be done.

Just not a good idea - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that up front money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator