Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 BMW 3 Series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,069
    ziva222 said:

Hello, I'm looking for MF, RV, and incentives for a 2018 330i, 36/10K in NC?

.00152 and 61%
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• pkak2017pkak2017 Member Posts: 17
    Good morning,
    Can you check this deal and let me know what you think.
    I'm in Connecticut and tax from dealer calculation doesn't look right but I might be wrong.
    2018 bmw 330i x drive.

thank you,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    pkak2017 said:

Good morning,
    Can you check this deal and let me know what you think.
    I'm in Connecticut and tax from dealer calculation doesn't look right but I might be wrong.
    2018 bmw 330i x drive.

thank you,

That's a really good deal.
    The total tax line is just informational. It's the tax collected monthly X 36 payments.

Looks like your tax rate is around 7.625%?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• octoucanoctoucan Member Posts: 55
    Hello,

Please provide MF and Residual value for 2018 BMW 330i (California if that makes a difference), and do they have any programs such as conquest cash, etc...?

24m/10K miles or 36m/10K

Thank you in advance.
    octoucan said:

Hello,

Please provide MF and Residual value for 2018 BMW 330i (California if that makes a difference), and do they have any programs such as conquest cash, etc...?

24m/10K miles or 36m/10K

Thank you in advance.

.00152 MF and 67%/61% residual
    $1000 lease credit
    $750 loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bcl5150bcl5150 Member Posts: 14
    Hi guys,
    I am close to making a deal on a 2018 340i M-sport with premium package. Deal is:
    MSRP 58,495
    Rebate 3,000
    Discount 5,640
    Adj. Price 49,854
    Cash down 4,000
    Doc fee 999
    Monthly: 557 including tax for 7500 miles/year

Residual is 61 and MF is slightly padded at .00172 (down from .00192)
    Seem reasonable?
    bcl5150 said:

Hi guys,
    I am close to making a deal on a 2018 340i M-sport with premium package. Deal is:
    MSRP 58,495
    Rebate 3,000
    Discount 5,640
    Adj. Price 49,854
    Cash down 4,000
    Doc fee 999
    Monthly: 557 including tax for 7500 miles/year

Residual is 61 and MF is slightly padded at .00172 (down from .00192)
    Seem reasonable?

BMW doesn't offer 7.5K/yr. This is a 36/10 lease, with the 61% residual

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost... I show about $50,200 to get a payment of $520/mo.+tax

That means your upfront is being entirely consumed by upfront charges, with nothing left over for CAP reduction.

We already know about the egregious $1000 dealer fee, and the $557 first payment. $925 acquisition fee.
    That leaves another $1500-$1800 in charges? Really, the only thing left over is FL DMV fees, and those should be $500 max.

The discount looks great, but I see an extra $2000 added into the upfronts, plus the money factor bump.
    Overall, the deal isn't bad.. The discount is huge. I'd probably shoot for the same payment with about $700 less upfront, to make up for the money factor bump.

It's just irritating to see them structure a deal with a lot of big garbage fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much for your invaluable knowledge. It's hard to get a handle on the fees for me. I am attaching the calc sheet i was given. 7500 miles is the deal quoted on bmwusa.com: https://bmwusa.com/special-offers/lease.2018-340i-Sedan.bmwtampabay.html?modal=special-offers-legal

bcl5150 said:

Thank you so much for your invaluable knowledge. It's hard to get a handle on the fees for me. I am attaching the calc sheet i was given. 7500 miles is the deal quoted on bmwusa.com: https://bmwusa.com/special-offers/lease.2018-340i-Sedan.bmwtampabay.html?modal=special-offers-legal

Okay.. that helps... Looks like I had my spreadsheet set on 39 months, so adjusting it to 36 makes it work better.. :(

It's a good deal.... splitting out a $1000 fee just puts a burr under my saddle. I'd try working on the money factor, but I wouldn't kill the deal over it.

That's interesting about the 7500 mile allowance. This is the first time I've seen that on any BMW, other than a 7-Series.
    But, the residual for 36/10 is 61%. It makes me wonder if they have a program to lease at the same residual for 7.5K/yr, with the dealer getting an incentive? That would help explain how they can offer that big discount.

Now, I'm going to have to read a 60 page document, to see what I can find...
    I'll get back to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2018
    @bcl5150 I'm thinking that is some sort of regional thing. I can't find anything about it in the BMW information. When I put in a Midwest zip code on your link, I get 10K/yr offer for $20/mo. more.

When I do the math on the offer in your area, the residual is 62% for 36/7.5K, not 61%. (which makes sense, but doesn't make your deal as good)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you again. I'll try to get the 10K allowance or under 550 if I can. The first price they gave me was 641 for 36/10, so a great bit of progress has been made.
    bcl5150 said:

Thank you again. I'll try to get the 10K allowance or under 550 if I can. The first price they gave me was 641 for 36/10, so a great bit of progress has been made.

I think you are doing well, overall.

If you need 10K/yr, be sure to get it, even if you don't get it thrown in. The $17/mo. will be worth it, in the long run.. That's a good bargaining chip, though... "I'll take the same deal for 10K/yr".

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi there,
    I can't get the dealer to agree with me on the sales tax which in my state (Connecticut) is 6.35%
    I'm calculating $33.73 but dealer $40.35 and they claiming that their system automatically is using 6.35% tax rate.
    I'm wondering where the difference is coming from ?

thank you

I forgot to say that dealer told me they are taxing the rebate ?
    pkak2017 said:

Yes, the incentive is subject to sales tax (about $5.29/mo)

I've also just recently learned that if the MSRP of the car is over $50,000, then the sales tax increases to 7.75%. You might want to confirm this with your state Department of Revenue.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

pkak2017 said:

They do tax the rebate, but that would be collected upfront or added into the CAP cost.
    It's probably hidden in your "capped fees"

Another member recently told us that there is some sort of excise tax in CT on vehicles priced over $50K. Some sort of luxury tax, I think. That could be the difference. Your tax amount shown is about 7.6%, so if the excise tax is 1.25%, that would cover it.

Just anecdotal reports.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thank you all very much for the comments and answers to my questions.
  • teufelkatzeteufelkatze Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2018
    hi,

Same question here, what about this?
    they added another discount of 1500 to the MSRP in total 9K, 6847 down with all the fees included and taxes, $280 a month + tax, 7500 miles per year 36 months

is a demo 2017 330 with 4400 miles on it. FL 7% tax

hi,

they added another discount of 1500 to the MSRP in total 9K, 6847 down with all the fees included and taxes, $280 a month + tax, 7500 miles per year 36 months

$3000 of the $7500 is a rebate... So, the discount is just $4500.. Is the other $1500 actual discount, or another rebate?
    $899 doc fee? That means your actual discount is $4500-$899, or just $3600.

Also, where is the $925 acquisition fee accounted for?

Quit getting quotes with $6800 due upfront, and it will all be a lot clearer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

hi,

FL taxes the monthly payment on a lease.

Again, I question the need for such a large amount of up front cash - we suggest you limit it to just the first payment and registration costs Add the doc fee and acquisition fee into the monthly payment.

00152 and 62% for 36/7.5, less $1100 on the residual for the 4400 miles.

Ask the dealer for the following:

1. Adjusted cap cost, and how they got there from the discounted selling price
    2. A full breakdown of the $6847 up front cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A Wall Street Journal reporter is hoping to find a recent buyer that would be willing to talk about their experience at the dealership, specifically about how/if the salesperson explained car safety systems during the purchase process. She's hoping to ask a few questions about how the dealer explained the ADAS package, tried to sell it to them, demonstrated how it worked, etc. Please send a note to pr@edmunds.com by next Friday 2/23/18
  • xyz1985xyz1985 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, question regarding the 3k lease credit from Bmw. The salesperson told me it is not a $3k discount on the car but it’s a payment reduction spread via the 36 months payment. Is that truth? Thanks!
    xyz1985 said:

Hi, question regarding the 3k lease credit from Bmw. The salesperson told me it is not a $3k discount on the car but it’s a payment reduction spread via the 36 months payment. Is that truth? Thanks!

That's kinda saying the same thing.

But, it's a credit that is applied when the contract is written up, which will affect the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

xyz1985 said:

It is a $3000 CAP cost reduction. You should negotiate a discount on the vehicle, in addition to this money that comes from BMW. It will have the effect of lowering the monthly payment, but the incentive is paid upfront, not spread over the life of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spartamooksspartamooks Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    Hi, would like some assistance to see if this is a decent deal. This is for a 2018 BMW 340i in CA. MSRP, although not listed here, is $56,390 on the dealer site so that's 7.78% off. Looks like he rolled the $3K "Dealer Rebate" into the Drive-Off, giving only a $509.14 rebate, but he gave me the lowest Money Factor of 0.00152. Are there any other rebates or incentives for this month that I should request? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you to the Moderators here who provide an amazing service for us!

Hi, would like some assistance to see if this is a decent deal. This is for a 2018 BMW 340i in CA. MSRP, although not listed here, is $56,390 on the dealer site so that's 7.78% off. Looks like he rolled the $3K "Dealer Rebate" into the Drive-Off, giving only a $509.14 rebate, but he gave me the lowest Money Factor of 0.00152. Are there any other rebates or incentives for this month that I should request? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you to the Moderators here who provide an amazing service for us!

So, $0 out of pocket from you at signing?

I'm just a penny off of that quote (rounding error, I'm sure). Almost 8% off sticker and base MF is a good combination. Not sure where you can improve on it, other that to ask for a bit more of a discount off the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2018
    Michaell,

Thank you for the quick response. I believe you are correct about the $0 out of pocket at signing because the dealer said "that's $0 cash for you". So on the top right of the picture, does that mean that if I get it today, my 1st payment will be due after 1 month? Based on what I've read here, I thought 1st month's payment and license registration due at signing was the goal (I may be mistaken).

Also, are there no other incentives for this month? I see other posts that list a $1000 lease credit.

Michaell,

Thank you for the quick response. I believe you are correct about the $0 out of pocket at signing because the dealer said "that's $0 cash for you". So on the top right of the picture, does that mean that if I get it today, my 1st payment will be due after 1 month? Based on what I've read here, I thought 1st month's payment and license registration due at signing was the goal (I may be mistaken).

Also, are there no other incentives for this month? I see other posts that list a $1000 lease credit.

On a sign and drive lease, you only make 35 payments - everything, including the first payment, is added into the cap cost.

I'm pretty certain the $1000 lease credit is part of the discount from sticker, which makes your effective discount only 6%.

Therefore, I think you can push for a bit lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Excellent. Thank you Michaell!
    I also got an offer for $645+tax / month. Dealer said 1st month, acquisition fee, $80 doc fee, and registration due at signing. He will be sending over the breakdown tomorrow. Is this on par with my previous offer of $0 due at signing for $680/month?

I also got an offer for $645+tax / month. Dealer said 1st month, acquisition fee, $80 doc fee, and registration due at signing. He will be sending over the breakdown tomorrow. Is this on par with my previous offer of $0 due at signing for $680/month?

I'd roll the acquisition fee into the payment.

Without the details, it's hard to compare the two offers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

$35/mo. X 36 months = $1260

$925 + $80 + $645 + $600 = $2250

So, it's about $1000 worse.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell, I will ask to roll the acq fee into the monthly.

kyfdx, thank you. An estimate like that was what I was looking for. I will know more when I get the detailed breakdown later.
  • elfod1983elfod1983 Member Posts: 13
    New poster here. Just got offered the following: 36 month/12k year lease; 2018 BMW 330i sedan w/ convenience and premium package. MSRP $49,610; selling price $45,347.52. $579/month w/ $1800 due at signing Total cap cost: $44,138.07 MF: .00192 Residual: 60% This also is said to include a rebate from BMW of $3,750 and the dealer has agreed to pay the remaining 3 payments on my current BMW lease. Thoughts on this? I don’t hate the structure but I think there is still room for them to sell the car for less (decrease the overall cap cost).
    elfod1983 said:

New poster here. Just got offered the following: 36 month/12k year lease; 2018 BMW 330i sedan w/ convenience and premium package. MSRP $49,610; selling price $45,347.52. $579/month w/ $1800 due at signing Total cap cost: $44,138.07 MF: .00192 Residual: 60% This also is said to include a rebate from BMW of $3,750 and the dealer has agreed to pay the remaining 3 payments on my current BMW lease. Thoughts on this? I don’t hate the structure but I think there is still room for them to sell the car for less (decrease the overall cap cost).

MF is marked up - base rate is .00152

You want to target 7% off sticker, before applying any incentives.

What state is this?
    What does the $1800 at signing cover?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Fair question.  I actually asked those questions and walked away from this offer.  Here is a new one that I think is a bit better:

MSRP:  $46,395
    discount: 3k
    rebate:  4250
    purchaee price: $39,145

3onth/12k miles
    60% residual
    .00152 mf

494/month w/1k in starts due at signing
    thoughts?

i was thinking of asking them to pay 3 remaining lease payments to BMW on current lease and get to a nothing down scenario.  Thoughts?

elfod1983 said:

Fair question.  I actually asked those questions and walked away from this offer.  Here is a new one that I think is a bit better:

MSRP:  $46,395
    discount: 3k
    rebate:  4250
    purchaee price: $39,145

3onth/12k miles
    60% residual
    .00152 mf

494/month w/1k in starts due at signing
    thoughts?

i was thinking of asking them to pay 3 remaining lease payments to BMW on current lease and get to a nothing down scenario.  Thoughts?

What state/tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry; this is FL/.065 tax rate (I think I have that right!)
    elfod1983 said:

Sorry; this is FL/.065 tax rate (I think I have that right!)

Adding in the acquisition fee, I get $443/mo.+tax. or about $472.

You aren't far off that... probably some ridiculous dealer fee added in there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So fairly reasonable in the low-mid 500s if they agree to pay the last few payments to BMW?  unfortunately there’s no formal pullahead program right now.  My gut says  they may just eat a portion of them, but not the whole thing...
    elfod1983 said:

So fairly reasonable in the low-mid 500s if they agree to pay the last few payments to BMW?  unfortunately there’s no formal pullahead program right now.  My gut says  they may just eat a portion of them, but not the whole thing...

Why not wait until you current lease is up, and skip the hassle altogether?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask this, but is it fairly standard for a dealer to request a deposit to secure a vehicle "still in port" meant for a different dealership? And is that deposit actually refundable? Dealer sent me a CC authorization form that just states "$XXX.xx deposit" and makes no mention of it being refundable. I just want to make sure this is standard protocol. Of course, I have emails with him stating it is refundable but I would like it to be more explicit (i.e., on the CC doc itself).

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask this, but is it fairly standard for a dealer to request a deposit to secure a vehicle "still in port" meant for a different dealership? And is that deposit actually refundable? Dealer sent me a CC authorization form that just states "$XXX.xx deposit" and makes no mention of it being refundable. I just want to make sure this is standard protocol. Of course, I have emails with him stating it is refundable but I would like it to be more explicit (i.e., on the CC doc itself).

Standard? Hard to say, but the dealer is looking for some sort of commitment from you to procure the car you want.

We put $500 on a CC to "hold" the Outback my wife wanted as it was shipped from the factory to the dealer. The $500 then became a down payment when the final deal was written up. Can't honestly remember if the paperwork said it was refundable or not, though we had verbal assurances it was.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Have you negotiated a deal on the car? If not, then why put a deposit down? If you have agreed on a price, then certainly, a deposit is in order. But, to commit to a car without an agreed price? No, thanks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am looking at a 2018 330 loaner has 2k miles on it. Do you guys think its a good deal? Thank you!

MSRP:$46345
    sale price:$40500
    RV:60%
    MF:.00152
    $3000 bmw lease credit
    36/12k
    $1k up front 1st pmt and registration
    monthly pmt $430 (includes ca sales tax @ 9.5%)
    xyz1985 said:

I am looking at a 2018 330 loaner has 2k miles on it. Do you guys think its a good deal? Thank you!

MSRP:$46345
    sale price:$40500
    RV:60%
    MF:.00152
    $3000 bmw lease credit
    36/12k
    $1k up front 1st pmt and registration
    monthly pmt $430 (includes ca sales tax @ 9.5%)

Does not look like a good deal.

Is the sale price inclusive of the $3K lease credit?

Subtract $500 from the residual for the miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The sales price doesn’t include the 3k lease credit. So sales price should be $37000?
    xyz1985 said:

The sales price doesn’t include the 3k lease credit. So sales price should be $37000?

I think you are doing pretty well... sale price is 12.5% off MSRP
    Adjust residual to 58.9%, to account for the current mileage
    Add $925 to the CAP for the acquisition fee
    I get $409/mo.+tax.. $448/mo.

You are under that, so it looks good. Especially when you have to account for $285 tax on the rebate.

Do you have a loyalty credit of some type.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rmsfailurermsfailure Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I'm looking for MF, RV, and incentives in DC/MD/VA -- (will be titling in DC, but all the dealers are in MD/VA - not sure how this plays into it? Thanks!

Hello, I'm looking for MF, RV, and incentives in DC/MD/VA -- (will be titling in DC, but all the dealers are in MD/VA - not sure how this plays into it? Thanks!

36/15
    .00152 and 58%
    $1000 lease credit

BMW numbers are national

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator