Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    benjaminh said:

rbraden1 said:

benjaminh said:

john4545 said:

Ben thanks your posts are always a good read with a wealth of info . Hopefully today or at worst next month my new accord will finally come home with me

Anyway, to move on to a different topic, have you considered the Accord Hybrid? It has more power than the 1.5 but almost twice the mpg of the 2.0. It costs about $1500 more than the 1.5, but the gas saving should make that up in c.3-4 years, and then after that it's money straight into your pocket. And compared to the 2.0 the Accord Hybrid is $500 less—and will save you c. $750 a year in gas starting in the very first year. Over 5 years the Hybrid will save more than $4000 over the 2.0.

The range of the 2.0 even with its larger (14.8) gas tank is only 385 miles. The range of the Accord hybrid is 600 miles on a smaller (12.8) gas tank.

The trick is that, as you probably know, the hybrid has just been introduced, and so Honda isn't giving any low financing on it. By July, I hope Honda will have a low apr on the hybrid.
    Exactly my line of thinking. I've been reading this forum for a while and finally drove a 1.5 EX-L and a 2.0 sport last weekend. I liked it just as much as I expected based on everything I've read in the automotive press, but keep wondering why people aren't clamoring for the hybrid. Granted, I haven't driven it (the dealer I was at had 0), but unless I'm missing something, it seems like it should be way more popular. The "hybrid premium" is down to almost nothing these days, at least on Accords, and it seems like even if dealers aren't as willing to deal on them due to them being newer and having much lower stock, it still seems like you could break even compared to the non-hybrid in just a few years, and over time the car would likely be cheaper in terms of TCO than the 1.5 and have more power. Am I missing something, or are people mostly just hung up on initial price and payments?

Obviously, next step is to get to a dealer that actually has one and drive it.

I took a test drive in an EXL Hybrid and I really, really like it. But no discounted apr on the Hybrid yet, even though the regular accords have 1.9/2.9. If you're paying cash, of course, that won't matter. Hope you can report to us on a hybrid test drive of your own at some point.....
    Everyone who might be interested in a hybrid accord should test them for themselves, it is free to test. I tested a hybrid accord touring a few weeks ago and it was very comfortable just like the regular accords but I found the steering to be different than other accords in feel and response and driving it felt like I was towing a boat.. To be honest this is the very first time I ever drove any hybrid. Like I said everyone considering one test it and make up your own mind
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    gocards1 said:

I'm looking at a demo vehicle and trying to determine a good price. It's 2018 Honda Accord EX with 5,000 miles on it in Indiana. It was driven by the dealership owner's family. It has a clean Carfax report. What's the true value? Thanks,

John, here are some facts I've learned over the years and some advice with a Honda Accord demo in same year.

1st- the dealer , dmv and state still recognizes this vehicles as a new car, strike one for you

2- dealer will not let this vehicle go at a good discount yet,especially since its still may/ june..strike two

3- usually a dealer sells this Demo to a walk in buyer who is clueless on pricing. That being said here is what you do........... then decide which direction you want to go.

Reach out to 6 to 10 Honda dealerships thru dealer websites and emails. Get a roundabout price on the same model then decide if the dealers discount is worth a demo with 5k miles that you do not know who or how it was driven.

In your state I would email dealers thru websites and ask each if you decide to buy there said model will they take 1500 below the dealers invoice price for that request. see how many yes and NO's you receive on new car price first .

A demo Accord with 5k miles to buy instead of a new one . For starters 1k less than your best new deal may entice some buyers. Call the demo dealers internet dept ask them if you made a offer of 2500 below the original dealers invoice price would they accept your offer. If they say no your only other question to be answered is this

How much below the dealers invoice price will you go to sell this vehicle today. If they cant give you a number hang up on them and never do business with that dealership again !

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

john let Me look in my book for a few good dealers that I recommend in your area to email

KOKOMO AUTO WORLD

INDY HONDA, HONDA OF FISHERS, TOM WOOD HONDA and maybe VICTORY HONDA OF MUNCIE

good luck let me know what price the demo is selling at ?

• gocards1gocards1 Member Posts: 6
    Great advice from everyone on the demo. Thanks very much. It turns out that offering the demo was just a bait and switch tactic. After I made an offer, the response was ... "We can't possibly offer that price on the demo. But we can come very close to that number on a new model."
    gocards1 said:

Great advice from everyone on the demo. Thanks very much. It turns out that offering the demo was just a bait and switch tactic. After I made an offer, the response was ... "We can't possibly offer that price on the demo. But we can come very close to that number on a new model."

gocards1 said:

Strike Three................................................Then

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    @gocards1 - To add to what has already been said, a demo car is not going to be discounted much. You might be better off buying new. I doubt you will get a huge discount on the demo vehicle vs a new car. 

Find out how much the dealer wants for it and then make a decision. In my experience (from 5 years ago), I was looking to purchase a demo car thinking it would be heavily discounted. I was wrong and ended up purchasing new.

Good luck.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • 9onthebreak9onthebreak Member Posts: 7
    What’s my best option if I’m currently leasing a Honda and is up in a couple months ? Will Honda give me a better deal since I’m a returning customer or should i still shop around to different Honda dealers than the one I’m currently have my lease with (Burns Honda in NJ0
    What’s my best option if I’m currently leasing a Honda and is up in a couple months ? Will Honda give me a better deal since I’m a returning customer or should i still shop around to different Honda dealers than the one I’m currently have my lease with (Burns Honda in NJ0
    Shop around. There are currently no lease incentives, btw. 
  • sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51
    If you lease another Honda then Honda will waive the $350 disposition fee on your current lease. 
  • alexriveraalexrivera Member Posts: 18
    In NJ and I emailed DCH Academy Honda and I got them 28,900.00 OTD.  No more.  Is this a good target price for a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728

... Will Honda give me a better deal since I’m a returning customer or should i still shop around to different Honda dealers than the one I’m currently have my lease with (Burns Honda in NJ0

Your lease is probably with Honda financial Services (HFS) and not a specific dealer.

this link may be helpful (unless you have a 3rd party lease):

http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/leasing/end-of-lease-faqs
  • swampcerranoswampcerrano Member Posts: 9
    Here’s the bill. it’s a crappy pic because my front facing camera is not working at the moment.  You have to zoom in but it’s all there.

and I’m loving the vehicle except for a few kinks with the tech that I haven’t gotten around to figuring out. 

In NJ and I emailed DCH Academy Honda and I got them 28,900.00 OTD.  No more.  Is this a good target price for a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0.
    What is the sale price? What are the doc fees? Can't tell whether it is a good deal without thoae numbers.
    Waiting on the breakdown to make sure if this is even worth it.  Usually doc fees are 399
    this was the starting price with destination included.

Here is the price for the 2018 Accord Sedan Sport 2.0T- Instead of paying..$31,200.00.. when you come in and ask for me, I can discount it to..$26,347.00 (including destination fee!!) 
    @john4545

Are you still negotiating price tonight ? How did Piazza Honda , Martin and Union Honda in DE come in with pricing today?

• john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    brian125 said:

@john4545

Are you still negotiating price tonight ? How did Piazza Honda , Martin and Union Honda in DE come in with pricing today?

Delaware dealerships were around the same price Brian nothing special. Martin Honda was the most aggressive today after several attempts to get me in the dealership. Martin Honda threw out a final price about 2 hours ago but I rejected it ,thanked them told them will try next month. I did have five dealers up there price today between 250 to 500 dollars. The higher prices was from dealers that low balled me yesterday. lol. I am going to use my info and pricing from this month and last month then try for a whopper deal next month . Today I had a few dealers have pitty on me cause of my financial situation with wife not working. might of made some dealership friends and brownie points with them .lol . Thanks again for helping me Brian and everyone in this forum. keep you all posted if I get better pricing .
    edited May 2018
    brian125 said:

@john4545

Good job John,.... just one thing that pisses me off an a No- No on my do not do list.

Making FRIENDS WITH DEALERS WHILE YOUR NEGOTIATING. don't get soft on us here :angry:

Yes Sir ! I would not want to anger the Honda Gods. lol

Here is the price for the 2018 Accord Sedan Sport 2.0T- Instead of paying..$31,200.00.. when you come in and ask for me, I can discount it to..$26,347.00 (including destination fee!!) 
    That is more than $2k below invoice before doc fees. I would go for it if I were looking to buy this model. Hope they do not pull a bait and switch on you.

Good luck.

That is more than $2k below invoice before doc fees. I would go for it if I were looking to buy this model. Hope they do not pull a bait and switch on you.

Good luck.

@bluemkn57cars is this a NJ dealership ? and what is dealerships doc fee? I received some deals like this but doc's were 399 to 499 bringing a sport model deal around 1600 below price .

I got a email asking if I was financing and then never heard back from the dealership.  I guess the email I sent stating I don’t want any extras in the price and no hidden fees scared them away.

I got a email asking if I was financing and then never heard back from the dealership.  I guess the email I sent stating I don’t want any extras in the price and no hidden fees scared them away.

was this a NJ dealership? what was doc fees ..tks

john4545 said:
    was this a NJ dealership? what was doc fees ..tks
    Yes. Poster stated doc fees are usually $399. Deal will be at about $1800 below invoice with doc fees. Still a BUY.

You are exactly at $2264 below invoice before doc fees. A strong BUY.
    I think by end of june where going to have a price breakthrough. PA deals were still higher priced . I'd really like to buy in my State , but NJ and DE are close enough if I have to buy there.
    Never got to the doc fees and it was DCH academy Honda in old bride NJ

Never got to the doc fees and it was DCH academy Honda in old bride NJ

I'm going to send them a request next month put them on my NJ dealers sheet. WOW just checked DCH has 538 accords listed on there site . what are these dealers waiting for to sell ?

NJ may have over 100 Honda dealers throughout the State . Does anyone know the number?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    It's possible that dealers are listing cars that they don't have in stock. Maybe, everything regionally available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

the DCH Honda auto group.... Kay, Paramus, Academy , Freehold dealerships are good sold dealerships with excellent customer feed back . DCH academy is excellent but they never seen to match some of the better priced NJ competition over the past 30 years. The Academy location has 202 Accords listed on there lots. There sister location Kay & Paramus seem to offer lower prices thru most of the year.

• golfways_76golfways_76 Member Posts: 12
    I walked out on an accord deal tonight, my offer for a sport 2.0T was $30k out the door. They weren't willing to come below 32k. I have a 16 pilot lease I was returning with one payment left and 1500 miles over. Was that a good deal? State is CT 
    edited May 2018
    I actual like what john4545 did these past few days with many email blasts and calls to dealers. he has posted area pricing in 3 different states by using his fingers and not his legs into dealerships.

I walked out on an accord deal tonight, my offer for a sport 2.0T was $30k out the door

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Pricing in CT NY NJ DE PA are very close with Honda discounting them right now. a good solid range most are buying is 1400 below dealers invoice price to maybe as high as reported 2000 below invoice price. I would reach out to new Rochelle , Friendly Honda's internet dept and see if any dealer will go 2k below your models invoice . you might get a better deal in NY than CT. Your states conveyance fees are high in CT. NY doc's are capped at 75 dollars

edited May 2018

I walked out on an accord deal tonight, my offer for a sport 2.0T was $30k out the door. They weren't willing to come below 32k. I have a 16 pilot lease I was returning with one payment left and 1500 miles over. Was that a good deal? State is CT 

A sport 2.0t invoice with dest/ charge= $28,615 . Dealer was looking to rape you tonight . I would email as many dealers that your willing to travel to . Make a offer to buy asap for $26,615 see where dealer pricing takes you, then make your best deal . Doc fee, Taxes , Tags , Dmv fees still need to be added for your OTD pricing.

If you don't mind talking a ride up to Boston reach out to the usually suspects I recommend Weymouth , Boch, Honda cars of Boston, Herb chambers, Bernardi, Gallery, Honda village, Honda north , Kelly Honda.

Reach out to these dealers in CT they are the best of the lot. Curtiss Ryan, Honda of Westport, Danbury, Courtney & Brandfon Honda...................... use emails and or phone calls directly to each Int/Mgr................ Good luck

edited June 2018

I would reach out to them again. If you plan to buy the car today, track down the internet sales manager (contact info is usually on dealer's website) and call them telling them you will come in today and sign the papers. If you do not hear back or you sense they are playing games, then move onto another dealership.

Not sure why you walked into a dealership to negotiate pricing. It is best to do all negotiation via phone or email so that you do not waste your time or get frustrated. What state are you located in? Have you contacted other dealerships in your area? What sort of pricing have you received?
    @edmundshackr - Did you end up getting a deal or are you still researching pricing?
    Today is June 1st,................. if you plan on buying a Accord before the end of the month wait til after June7th till Honda posts any new incentive $$ or better finance programs.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    brian125 said:

Today is June 1st,................. if you plan on buying a Accord before the end of the month wait til after June7th till Honda posts any new incentive $$ or better finance programs.

Honda programs are already scheduled through July 5th.

It's possible they could update, but not likely

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2018
    brian125 said:
    I just checked Honda's website and it looks like the finance offers for the Accord from last month expire on 7/5. Time will tell whether Flex cash will be available this month. Maybe they do not want to sell sedans since SUVs are selling like hotcakes. 
  • locsat_wlocsat_w Member Posts: 6
    bought the 2018 accord EXL 1.5L in orlando Yesterday(May 31). Car price is $26319 OTD $29098. I have a tag to transfer.
    edited June 2018
    @bluemkn57cars

Soon some of the better dealers in MA will start pushing Accords off there lot . The overstock #'s are mindboggling. I guarantee if you wait you will make a monster deal @3k and plus below invoice . Fire sale is coming I predict by the end of the 3rd quarter ( sept ) Honda will start clearing out making room for 2019's, but then again with all these accords sitting why not Summer time. Its a guessing game and a win for anyone not needing a vehicle right now. At some point Honda has to address Accord sales by offering more incentive money to dealerships

On a personal note to some buyers like @john4545 don't overthink pricing. where ever pricing takes you this month or next you BUY. By using your fingers and not your legs into dealerships you have won. Make your best deal closest to your house. If the best deals this month are @2k below invoice price then BUY don't look back. Enjoy your Sport Accord with your family. @2k below invoice price its a very good deal on a vehicle of this stature. Getting another $300 ,400, by waiting 2 months is meaningless in your cashless pockets.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,063
    brian125 said:

Current Honda programs extend through 7/5.

Honda does reserve the right to update the programs whenever they like.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    brian125 said:

@bluemkn57cars

Soon some of the better dealers in MA will start pushing Accords off there lot . The overstock #'s are mindboggling. I guarantee if you wait you will make a monster deal @3k and plus below invoice . Fire sale is coming I predict by the end of the 3rd quarter ( sept ) Honda will start clearing out making room for 2019's, but then again with all these accords sitting why not Summer time. Its a guessing game and a win for anyone not needing a vehicle right now. At some point Honda has to address Accord sales by offering more incentive money to dealerships

On a personal note to some buyers like @john4545 don't overthink pricing. where ever pricing takes you this month or next you BUY. By using your fingers and not your legs into dealerships you have won. Make your best deal closest to your house. If the best deals this month are @2k below invoice price then BUY don't look back. Enjoy your Sport Accord with your family. @2k below invoice price its a very good deal on a vehicle of this stature. Getting another $300 ,400, by waiting 2 months is meaningless in your cashless pockets.

I have been researching my next car since last September and I know from you nice people how to deal with my own situation. I'm in it to win it. 2K below invoice would motivate me as long as the rest of the costs are in line.
    brian125 said:
    A sport 2.0t invoice with dest/ charge= $28,615 . Dealer was looking to rape you tonight . I would email as many dealers that your willing to travel to . Make a offer to buy asap for $26,615 see where dealer pricing takes you, then make your best deal . Doc fee, Taxes , Tags , Dmv fees still need to be added for your OTD pricing. If you don't mind talking a ride up to Boston reach out to the usually suspects I recommend Weymouth , Boch, Honda cars of Boston, Herb chambers, Bernardi, Gallery, Honda village, Honda north , Kelly Honda. Reach out to these dealers in CT they are the best of the lot. Curtiss Ryan, Honda of Westport, Danbury, Courtney & Brandfon Honda...................... use emails and or phone calls directly to each Int/Mgr................ Good luck
    My 30k price was OTD, so according to the dealer that was below invoice before ttl. Plus they were taking care of my last payment on the lease, $314 in overage miles on my pilot and I also asked them to throw in mats and trunk mats... 
    Not sure why you walked into a dealership to negotiate pricing. It is best to do all negotiation via phone or email so that you do not waste your time or get frustrated. What state are you located in? Have you contacted other dealerships in your area? What sort of pricing have you received?
    This would be my third car from Brandon Honda so they've taken pretty good care of me in the past. I'm in hartford County CT, definitely going to get a bunch it quotes from dealers in MA, NJ and NY. My heart is stuck on getting into a sport 2.0T but at a hell of a bargain. Worse case I'll buy out the lease on my pilot that is up next month and drive the damn thing into the ground. It's a good vehicle just don't need something that big with my kids out of car seats now... 
    General question as I am originally from Texas and not used to being able to cross state lines for something like a car purchase, are there any complications with my being a CT resident and purchasing a car in a neighboring state? 
    Yesterday during my emails I asked several Honda dealers about flex cash. Nobody seem to know if or when Honda was going to continue it. To bad. that would of sealed the deal for me .