Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• rbraden1rbraden1 Member Posts: 23

rbraden1 said:

Quick question for the pros. I know Truecar prices aren't necessarily the bible for what you should pay, but does anyone know what the "market average" price that they display includes? It is just sales price? Or sales price + doc fees? Surely, it isn't inclusive of tax/tags, right?

I doubt Truecar's market average price will include doc fees. Go with the assumption it is mainly the average sale price of a car in your area (not including tags, taxes and fees).

A word of advice; you will not always see or get the lowest price if you use a Truecar certified dealer. I read somewhere a while back that dealers pay Truecar a finder's fee. I would suggest using them for research purposes and comparing pricing in your area, but I have never relied on them for the best pricing.

Where are you located and what trim of the Accord are you looking to purchase?

Sounds about right. Going to get an EX at noon Eastern. Should be $26K out the door. Not exactly sure what sales price that works out to be. I know the doc fee is $499, so sales price is probably somewhere just under $24.5K. Good price or not, it's the best I could do.
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    rbraden1 said:

rbraden1 said:

Quick question for the pros. I know Truecar prices aren't necessarily the bible for what you should pay, but does anyone know what the "market average" price that they display includes? It is just sales price? Or sales price + doc fees? Surely, it isn't inclusive of tax/tags, right?

I doubt Truecar's market average price will include doc fees. Go with the assumption it is mainly the average sale price of a car in your area (not including tags, taxes and fees).

A word of advice; you will not always see or get the lowest price if you use a Truecar certified dealer. I read somewhere a while back that dealers pay Truecar a finder's fee. I would suggest using them for research purposes and comparing pricing in your area, but I have never relied on them for the best pricing.

Where are you located and what trim of the Accord are you looking to purchase?
    Sounds about right. Going to get an EX at noon Eastern. Should be $26K out the door. Not exactly sure what sales price that works out to be. I know the doc fee is $499, so sales price is probably somewhere just under $24.5K. Good price or not, it's the best I could do.

Make the deal and take your new accord proudly out for a long ride and don't look back. You did your research and got the best deal. For many of us our day is coming but today is your day. Best of luck !
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979

Hi Guys,

I've been comparing pricing on a Sport 2.0t in my area. I'm located in LA where there are a lot of dealers in the area. The lowest quote I got so far is a $27,237 sell price. All the dealers i've emailed said they can beat it but refuse to offer a quote unless I come in.

What do you guys think about this deal? it's about 12% off MSRP. $3963 off.

I can wait til the end of this month or even until the end of next if really need be. But i'm not sure how much cheaper it can get.

Thanks.

You are at about $1374 below invoice before doc fees. Here is my advice. Since no one knows whether pricing and incentives will get better next month, if you need a car asap make your best deal at the end of the month. You could offer to buy TODAY at say $1500 below invoice after doc fees (only if you plan to do so). Then wait and see what dealers get back to you. 

However, if you are in no rush to buy then you are free to wait until next month to see whether pricing gets better. No one knows whether Flex cash will make a come back in July.

Good luck.

Doc fees are capped at $80 in CA.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• athleticfaceathleticface Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the replies guys. Got an updated offer from another dealership through CarGuru with the price of $26,920.

I'm going to continue to try to get the dealerships to beat it. Unfortunate most dealerships refuse to provide me a bill of sale or official quote.
    Got my new Accord at lunch :) I brought the plates from my previous car, so the total was actually just under the $26K I had negotiated:

$24,359.89 + $499 doc fee + 1031.64 tax and a couple other small random fees for a total of $25,961.25.
    ^^Oh, and the finance guy got me a slightly better rate @ 2.74% from a local credit union, so saved a couple bucks there as well.

I'm happy to be locked in now rather than waiting for better offers or incentives:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/13/news/economy/federal-reserve-june-rate-hike/index.html
    edited June 2018
    rbraden1 said:

^^Oh, and the finance guy got me a slightly better rate @ 2.74% from a local credit union, so saved a couple bucks there as well.

I'm happy to be locked in now rather than waiting for better offers or incentives:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/13/news/economy/federal-reserve-june-rate-hike/index.html

You are correct about interest rates, the fed upped the rate today and plan on 2 more increases this year and go into effect almost immediately. I guess that is why Honda interest rate expires on 7/5. The .9 rates will probably be a thing of the past. Credit unions are still the best place for good rates
  • peelabtowniepeelabtownie Member Posts: 1
    Scored a 2018 white accord sport for $21,112 end of day on 5/31 before tax title and doc in WA. It even included add ons like luminar tint and auto theft. 

Anyone end up doing better? 

• rajeshhrajeshh Member Posts: 4

Scored a 2018 white accord sport for $21,112 end of day on 5/31 before tax title and doc in WA. It even included add ons like luminar tint and auto theft. 

Do you mind sharing dealer? Am in Seattle too and looking to buy. thanks

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009

1.5 T correct? That is a great deal.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    edited June 2018

rbraden1 said:

You are correct about interest rates, the fed upped the rate today and plan on 2 more increases this year and go into effect almost immediately. I guess that is why Honda interest rate expires on 7/5. The .9 rates will probably be a thing of the past. Credit unions are still the best place for good rates
    I was just reading this article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/06/13/fed-rate-hike-impact-savings-loans/693886002/.

"A quarter-point rate hike theoretically would get passed on to new auto loans, increasing the monthly payment for a new $25,000 car by $3. Existing loans would be unchanged. But competition among lenders is holding down auto loan rates, McBride says. That could mean an even smaller monthly increase. Five-year auto loan rates are currently at 4.71 percent."

So even if car loan rates go up, some automakers might provide subsidized rates to move cars off their dealer lots. Of course, I cannot tell what rates will be like for the Accord after 7/5 but I will be surprised if they go up (given the slow sales of the Accord).
  • athleticfaceathleticface Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know based on historicals if theres a pretty good chance that MF will go down next month when the incentives come out?

A dealer told me today that once 2018 Summer Clearance starts after July 4th and from their experience MF always goes down.

I've been itching to get into an Accord but if the MF will go down I will force myself to wait.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,747

Does anyone know based on historicals if theres a pretty good chance that MF will go down next month when the incentives come out?

A dealer told me today that once 2018 Summer Clearance starts after July 4th and from their experience MF always goes down.

I've been itching to get into an Accord but if the MF will go down I will force myself to wait.

Magic 8-ball says: Outlook cloudy... check back in July.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bartholomew1bartholomew1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to get an accord sport 1.5. Id love to get the car for $21.5-$22k before ttl. Is that unrealistic? I talked to a dealer yesterday and he told me it was. Would it be better to wait for a little lower prices? Thanks for the help 
    Looking to get an accord sport 1.5. Id love to get the car for $21.5-$22k before ttl. Is that unrealistic? I talked to a dealer yesterday and he told me it was. Would it be better to wait for a little lower prices? Thanks for the help 
    Yes. That price range is very unrealistic. Invoice is about $24,479. Where did you come up those figures? Have you even gotten any price quote from dealers?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited June 2018

That would be closer to the price for an LX.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • bartholomew1bartholomew1 Member Posts: 2
    Yes. That price range is very unrealistic. Invoice is about $24,479. Where did you come up those figures? Have you even gotten any price quote from dealers?
    I looked at a few websites that had pricing listed. Cargurus was one. I have no idea if they are accurate or not. There was another poster above that claims they got a sport for $21,xxx 
    i talked to one dealer in the Dallas area and he said the best he could do was $26k. Seemed way too high 
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2018

I looked at a few websites that had pricing listed. Cargurus was one. I have no idea if they are accurate or not. There was another poster above that claims they got a sport for $21,xxx 
    i talked to one dealer in the Dallas area and he said the best he could do was $26k. Seemed way too high 

Other states will net different pricing. To find out your area's pricing round up 6 to 10 dealerships and negotiate pricing. Use dealerships doc fee charge as leverage to lower price.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Use end of June's 2nd sales quarter as price leverage, if you find the right dealer looking to sell a few more vehicles this month................. may save you a few more $$$

• bmalone3bmalone3 Member Posts: 7
    First time buyer looking for a black Sport 1.5t. Using info on this site and some others, I'm looking for a $25,000 out-the-door price.

Went to dealerships for the first time ever yesterday and lowest I got was 26,300 out-the-door on a car with mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, and fabric/paint protection. Went to the next dealership and got to 27,300 with a few more "accessories". Decided from there that I'd just email to get prices from now on.

I don't think 25,000 is an unreasonable expectation at all, but the dealerships can sure make you think it is. I'm not crazy to be looking for 25,000, am I? I've seen a guy get one for $21.2k before TTL and another for 25,000 OTD in this forum, granted they are in different areas (I'm in Houston and don't know how pricing is here relative to other areas).

Nevertheless, I'm in no rush and will focus on looking at end of month when dealers are more interested in moving cars off the lot.
    edited June 2018
    bmalone3 said:

First time buyer looking for a black Sport 1.5t. Using info on this site and some others, I'm looking for a $25,000 out-the-door price.

Went to dealerships for the first time ever yesterday and lowest I got was 26,300 out-the-door on a car with mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, and fabric/paint protection. Went to the next dealership and got to 27,300 with a few more "accessories". Decided from there that I'd just email to get prices from now on.

I don't think 25,000 is an unreasonable expectation at all, but the dealerships can sure make you think it is. I'm not crazy to be looking for 25,000, am I? I've seen a guy get one for $21.2k before TTL and another for 25,000 OTD in this forum, granted they are in different areas (I'm in Houston and don't know how pricing is here relative to other areas).

Nevertheless, I'm in no rush and will focus on looking at end of month when dealers are more interested in moving cars off the lot.

Ist time buyer ..... If you could buy a sport for 25k OTD in your state , how much below dealers invoice price is that? you posted ending sales numbers with no taxes, tags, doc fee, dmv pricing

• tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    bmalone3 said:

... I've seen a guy get one for $21.2k before TTL

Don't believe everything you read on here. That 21.2k post probably excluded destination (890) and a huge doc fee.

Your car has an invoice of about 24.5k; they are not selling at 3300 below invoice. regional pricing variations are common on Accords and texas may not be competitive with CA or the DC/MD/VA area. As the gurus have said, get several quotes and you'll be in a better position to know your local market's bottom price.

IMO, 25k total otd is doable, perhaps end-of-quarter (6/30)...GL
  • tripmillertripmiller Member Posts: 3
    bluemkn57cars,
    I am in Boston as well on the South Shore. Have been following the thread for a month or so. I am considering a Touring 2.0 but am not pressed to buy. I have a few quotes back from some dealerships at about $32.5 total including Doc prep without tax or title. I have a client who is a salesperson as Honda Cars of Boston and when I am serious I will call him but I am really looking to spend about $31.5 OTD with Doc prep plus tax & title. Let me know what you are seeing and any insight that you have. THX
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    bmalone3 said:

There are many factors in the price that dealer is willing to let a car go for. Mostly it comes to supply and demand, is a black sport 1.5t a high in demand car, if it is, then I would think it won't happen. Also how hungry is the salesman/manager on wanting to make a sale? Go the end of the month, the last couple of day of the month, dealers work on volume and they might need to sale a couple of more cars to make the quota. If you saw my deal on the BMW board last year I got a screaming deal on a 330i, however, I had an inside voice that the dealer needed to move a couple more cars, and I went down on 5-31 and made a deal. Also don't go in with blinders on, just because you want a Sport 1.5, Honda might want to move the Sport 2.0t with 6 MT and the dealer can get one for 26,000 out the door.
    edited June 2018

bluemkn57cars,
    I am in Boston as well on the South Shore. Have been following the thread for a month or so. I am considering a Touring 2.0 but am not pressed to buy. I have a few quotes back from some dealerships at about $32.5 total including Doc prep without tax or title. I have a client who is a salesperson as Honda Cars of Boston and when I am serious I will call him but I am really looking to spend about $31.5 OTD with Doc prep plus tax & title. Let me know what you are seeing and any insight that you have. THX

To be honest, I have not been actively seeking pricing info this month from dealers. There is no flex cash and pricing is not the best. The lowest I had received a couple of months ago was about $31.8k before $400 in doc fees. You might be able to get a few hundred dollars off at the end of the month, but I seriously doubt you are going to get $31.5k OTD.

Is your client a salesperson or you are working with a salesperson at Honda Cars? I am confused.

Good luck.

bluemkn57cars,

To be honest, I have not been actively seeking pricing info this month from dealers. There is no flex cash and pricing is not the best. The lowest I had received a couple of months ago was about $31.8k before $400 in doc fees. You might be able to get a few hundred dollars off at the end of the month, but I seriously doubt you are going to get $31.5k OTD.

Is your client a salesperson or you are working with a salesperson at Honda Cars? I am confused.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Sorry for the confusion. I have a client of mine who is a salesman at Honda Cars of Boston. I did the mortgage for his house.
    bluemkn57cars, I am in Boston as well on the South Shore. Have been following the thread for a month or so. I am considering a Touring 2.0 but am not pressed to buy. I have a few quotes back from some dealerships at about $32.5 total including Doc prep without tax or title. I have a client who is a salesperson as Honda Cars of Boston and when I am serious I will call him but I am really looking to spend about $31.5 OTD with Doc prep plus tax & title. Let me know what you are seeing and any insight that you have. THX
    To be honest, I have not been actively seeking pricing info this month from dealers. There is no flex cash and pricing is not the best. The lowest I had received a couple of months ago was about $31.8k before $400 in doc fees. You might be able to get a few hundred dollars off at the end of the month, but I seriously doubt you are going to get $31.5k OTD. Is your client a salesperson or you are working with a salesperson at Honda Cars? I am confused. Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the confusion. I have a client of mine who is a salesman at Honda Cars of Boston. I did the mortgage for his house.
    Did you get a quote from Honda Cars? What is your purchase time frame? Are you considering other trims or other cars?
  • bmalone3bmalone3 Member Posts: 7
    brian125 said:
    First time buyer looking for a black Sport 1.5t. Using info on this site and some others, I'm looking for a $25,000 out-the-door price. Went to dealerships for the first time ever yesterday and lowest I got was 26,300 out-the-door on a car with mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, and fabric/paint protection. Went to the next dealership and got to 27,300 with a few more "accessories". Decided from there that I'd just email to get prices from now on. I don't think 25,000 is an unreasonable expectation at all, but the dealerships can sure make you think it is. I'm not crazy to be looking for 25,000, am I? I've seen a guy get one for $21.2k before TTL and another for 25,000 OTD in this forum, granted they are in different areas (I'm in Houston and don't know how pricing is here relative to other areas). Nevertheless, I'm in no rush and will focus on looking at end of month when dealers are more interested in moving cars off the lot.
    Ist time buyer ..... If you could buy a sport for 25k OTD in your state , how much below dealers invoice price is that? you posted ending sales numbers with no taxes, tags, doc fee, dmv pricing

Brian, here is a quote I received yesterday. Hopefully it was attached correctly... This vehicle comes with "wheel locks, splash guards, and trunk tray".

Right after I got this quote, I was quoted $25,885 on a vehicle that comes with tint (w/ warranty), nitro (w/ lifetime refill), and paint/fabric protection (I'm guessing this is just a protective coating).

Invoice for the two vehicles I saw over weekend was $24,633, but not sure on these two cars. I would assume same, is that a safe assumption? 

If I'm at $25.9k right now, I'm confident I could hold another two weeks and snag one for cheaper at the end of quarter. 

bluemkn57cars,

Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Sorry for the confusion. I have a client of mine who is a salesman at Honda Cars of Boston. I did the mortgage for his house.

Did you get a quote from Honda Cars? What is your purchase time frame? Are you considering other trims or other cars?

Not a firm quote. I spoke with him and sounds like in the mid $32.5 plus doc fees range is where they would be but I was not serious and did not press. Just a feeler call. Open ended timeframe up to and including I do not have to buy a car at all. No I am not considering other trims but if I were would probably be an EX-L. No not considering other makes at all really.
    bluemkn57cars, I am in Boston as well on the South Shore. Have been following the thread for a month or so. I am considering a Touring 2.0 but am not pressed to buy. I have a few quotes back from some dealerships at about $32.5 total including Doc prep without tax or title. I have a client who is a salesperson as Honda Cars of Boston and when I am serious I will call him but I am really looking to spend about $31.5 OTD with Doc prep plus tax & title. Let me know what you are seeing and any insight that you have. THX
    To be honest, I have not been actively seeking pricing info this month from dealers. There is no flex cash and pricing is not the best. The lowest I had received a couple of months ago was about $31.8k before $400 in doc fees. You might be able to get a few hundred dollars off at the end of the month, but I seriously doubt you are going to get $31.5k OTD. Is your client a salesperson or you are working with a salesperson at Honda Cars? I am confused. Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the confusion. I have a client of mine who is a salesman at Honda Cars of Boston. I did the mortgage for his house.
    Not a firm quote. I spoke with him and sounds like in the mid $32.5 plus doc fees range is where they would be but I was not serious and did not press. Just a feeler call. Open ended timeframe up to and including I do not have to buy a car at all. No I am not considering other trims but if I were would probably be an EX-L. No not considering other makes at all really.
    That quote is on the high side. I would aim for not more than $31.8k plus not more than $400 (in doc fees) this month. Lower next month. I would wait to see whether Honda brings back Flex Cash.

I would also reach out to more dealerships to see where pricing is. 

Good Luck. Let me know how I can help.
  • divinity1202divinity1202 Member Posts: 11
    I am buying a Honda Accord EXL. Followed the approach suggested in comments, mailed all the dealers within 15 miles. Got lowest quote of 28473 (OTD).

"2018 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5 26175
    Dealer Documentation Fee 459
    MA State Inspection Sticker/Plates 175.00
    MA State Sales Tax 1664.94
    Total OTD Price $28473.94"

Will do 1 more round of dealer emailing. Can anyone suggest what's a good price I should aim at. So that I feel happy about the purchase . :smile:

True car avg price is 27500. I don't think any dealer will agree to that low price. Any suggestions? I am in MA area.

I am buying a Honda Accord EXL. Followed the approach suggested in comments, mailed all the dealers within 15 miles. Got lowest quote of 28473 (OTD).

"2018 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5 26175
    Dealer Documentation Fee 459
    MA State Inspection Sticker/Plates 175.00
    MA State Sales Tax 1664.94
    Total OTD Price $28473.94"

Will do 1 more round of dealer emailing. Can anyone suggest what's a good price I should aim at. So that I feel happy about the purchase . :smile:

True car avg price is 27500. I don't think any dealer will agree to that low price. Any suggestions? I am in MA area.

Let me try and break down your deal. MSRP for this trim is $30,860. Invoice price is about $28,300. So your deal is about $2125 below invoice before doc fees. After doc fees, it is at $1,666. Not bad at all. Is this quote from Boch or Herb Chambers?

Not sure how low you are aiming to go. True car pricing only includes the price of the car. It does not include doc fees, license and registration fees and taxes. Your best bet is to wait till the last few days of the month/quarter and make your best deal.

Good luck.
    @adrian56 - Pulling the trigger this month?
    @john4545 - Any update on your search?
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136

If I could get a deal like the one in MA 1600 - 2000 below dealers invoice in DE going to buy . Since feb, I seen pricing get lower with each passing month. I have a couple of PA dealerships going to hit up at the end of this month. Theres one poster who said he bought 2k below invoice on his model in NJ, that same dealer laughed at me when I offered to buy a sport model at same deal. Fingers crossed will see
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    When I inquired with the dealerships in Maryland about price they are selling cheaper than PA& DE. Pohanka Honda had pricing inline with Honda cars of Boston. Those are the 2 best Honda dealerships I dealt with out of 30 others.
    john4545 said:

If I could get a deal like the one in MA 1600 - 2000 below dealers invoice in DE going to buy . Since feb, I seen pricing get lower with each passing month. I have a couple of PA dealerships going to hit up at the end of this month. Theres one poster who said he bought 2k below invoice on his model in NJ, that same dealer laughed at me when I offered to buy a sport model at same deal. Fingers crossed will see
    Some dealers will laugh at you now, hoping for a sucker to walk in and pay invoice pricing. The Accord is not selling well and dealer lots are overflowing. So time will tell whether some dealers will want to play ball to move inventory before the end of this quarter. Good luck.
  • Adrian DelgadoAdrian Delgado Member Posts: 22
    I stopped my search for now. I’ll see how my situation is by the end of the year.
    edited June 2018
    adrian56 said:

I stopped my search for now. I’ll see how my situation is by the end of the year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No problem. Still going to try and get an Accord or something else? I remember you had mentioned you were leasing a civic, correct?

Do not hesitate to post here or reach out if you need guidance/advice.

Good luck.
  • Adrian DelgadoAdrian Delgado Member Posts: 22
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No problem. Still going to try and get an Accord or something else? I remember you had mentioned you were leasing a civic, correct? Do not hesitate to post here or reach out if you need guidance/advice. Good luck.
    Yes, that is correct, and will still try to get an Accord. I’ll see if i can get an ‘18 when the ‘19 Accord is out. 
    john4545 said:

When I inquired with the dealerships in Maryland about price they are selling cheaper than PA& DE. Pohanka Honda had pricing inline with Honda cars of Boston. Those are the 2 best Honda dealerships I dealt with out of 30 others.

This week I have been getting some quotes from non targeted dealers ( I do not want to cry wolf that I'm ready to buy with my targeted dealers) to get some trends and I am finding prices all over the place on my 1.5 touring that I'm looking at. The highlights are that at the dealer where I bought my current accord is offering what seems to be 750 flexcash type incentive where you must finance/lease to get it. I have seen no verification from honda that there is current flex but this offer smelled like flexcash and thier overall offer was non competitive. My best offer came from Davis in NJ @ 29693 which is 2100 below invoice and more that 14% below MSRP of 34690. I may follow up but not sure yet as some of my current target dealers do not have my color in stock. I really really like to have a deal done by the end of july
  • string3599string3599 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    My dealer gave me $500 off at the end of May for financing through them at standard rates, it didn’t even have to be through Honda Financial, just any lender with the best rates. The only catch is I have to make 6 monthly payments but I was able to pay down the principal to the point where I only have those 6 payments left on the loan. The financing I got was at 4.99% for 60 months and I did end up with Honda Financial.

Here was my deal at the end of May, note that this price includes the extra $500 off for the financing:

2018 Accord EX-L 1.5T

Sale Price: $26,059
    Doc Fee:  $299
    Lien Fee:  $4
    Total Sales Price: $26,362

Note that I paid sales tax and other licensing fees at the DMV.
  • blueoxygenblueoxygen Member Posts: 30
    Hi
    i am new in leasing ...
    Can someone explain me how to calculate Sales Tax on car leasing in NJ (Sales tax 6.625%)

I am trying to understand my monthly payment for following details

MSRP $26,670.00
    Negotiated Price $22,170.00
    Money Factor 0.0011
    Residual Value 59%
    MF 0.0011
    Mileage (per year) 12000
    Lease Duration 36 Months
    Document Fee 499.00
    DMV 301.00
    Bank fee 595.00
    Sales tax 6.625%

with 0$ down and with 1000$ down

Thank you in advance ....
  • sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51
    Hi i am new in leasing ... Can someone explain me how to calculate Sales Tax on car leasing in NJ (Sales tax 6.625%) I am trying to understand my monthly payment for following details MSRP $26,670.00 Negotiated Price $22,170.00 Money Factor 0.0011 Residual Value 59% MF 0.0011 Mileage (per year) 12000 Lease Duration 36 Months Document Fee 499.00 DMV 301.00 Bank fee 595.00 Sales tax 6.625% with 0$ down and with 1000$ down Thank you in advance ....
    I calculate $278.68 with $0 down
    what is the driveoff amount? zero down does not mean zero driveoff (DAS)
    edited June 2018

Can someone explain me how to calculate Sales Tax on car leasing in NJ (Sales tax 6.625%)

Tax is levied upfront on the total lease payment (e.g. NY, NJ, MN). You can finance it if the MF is decent or pay it up front as part of the driveoff
  • sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51

sdouc99 said:
    Hi i am new in leasing ... Can someone explain me how to calculate Sales Tax on car leasing in NJ (Sales tax 6.625%) I am trying to understand my monthly payment for following details MSRP $26,670.00 Negotiated Price $22,170.00 Money Factor 0.0011 Residual Value 59% MF 0.0011 Mileage (per year) 12000 Lease Duration 36 Months Document Fee 499.00 DMV 301.00 Bank fee 595.00 Sales tax 6.625% with 0$ down and with 1000$ down Thank you in advance ....
    This is with all taxes and fees rolled into the lease. Only first payment due at signing. Lease payments are due at the beginning of the month, unlike loan payments. 

That is a decent deal BTW
    sdouc99 said:

sdouc99 said:

Hi
    i am new in leasing ...

MSRP $26,670.00
    Money Factor 0.0011
    Residual Value 59%
    MF 0.0011
    Mileage (per year) 12000
    Lease Duration 36 Months
    Document Fee 499.00
    DMV 301.00
    Bank fee 595.00
    Sales tax 6.625%

This is with all taxes and fees rolled into the lease. Only first payment due at signing. Lease payments are due at the beginning of the month, unlike loan payments. 

Thank you so much , i appreciate the help here...

what would be monthly payment with 1000$ at the signing ? (without first payment) .

Best Regards,
    tonyg2016 said:

Tax is levied upfront on the total lease payment (e.g. NY, NJ, MN). You can finance it if the MF is decent or pay it up front as part of the driveoff
    Thank you!!
    sdouc99 said:

sdouc99 said:

Hi
    i am new in leasing ...

MSRP $26,670.00
    Money Factor 0.0011
    Residual Value 59%
    MF 0.0011
    Mileage (per year) 12000
    Lease Duration 36 Months
    Document Fee 499.00
    DMV 301.00
    Bank fee 595.00
    Sales tax 6.625%

Thank you so much , i appreciate the help here...

what would be monthly payment with 1000$ at the signing ? (without first payment) .

Best Regards