Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• clemenceau75clemenceau75 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018

Honda Accord 2.0 sport
    doc & tire fee 506.50
    DMV fee 301.00
    tax 1,759.00
    OTD 28,628.10
    locks, 3m on doors, nitrous tires added no charge.
    DCH ACADEMY HONDA NJ

@alexrivera
    Do you have a pic of the quote? I could use it to get a good deal too ;-)
  • bcook8187bcook8187 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2018
    @bluemkn57cars

I am being offered $19,500 and owe around $22k on the 2017, 15k miles on it. Researching shows average $22,500 trade in value

• alexriveraalexrivera Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2018
    I negotiated to have them take the nitro fill off the price at the dealership.  They took all other accessories off the price of the car but would not budge until I went into the dealership for the nitro fill.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    bcook8187 said:

@bluemkn57cars

I am being offered $19,500 and owe around $22k on the 2017, 15k miles on it. Researching shows average $22,500 trade in value

So that's a $2500 difference. A couple of questions:
    1. Do you have a Carmax near you?
    2. What is the lowest offer you will take if no one gives you $22k?
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    bmalone3 said:

bmalone3 said:

Sale Price $ 23,427.51
    Doc Fee $ 249.00
    Total License And Fees $ 203.00
    State & Local Taxes $ 1,520.49

Grad: $ 500.00

Total Price: $ 24,900.00

Lowest quote so far on an Accord Sport 1.5t in Houston. Car comes with tint, nitro refill, paint & fabric protection, and two years of free oil changes. Thoughts?

The sale price is about $1k below invoice. So not a great deal given all the dealer add-ons. Find out the cost of the 'paint & fabric protection' and 'nitro refill'. Those seem like BS add-ons. What is the cost of the tint? $300? Are they throwing that in or charging you for it?

Honda oil changes cost about $50-60. So if you get one per year, that's about $120. How many "free" oil changes are you getting?

There is room for more $$ off.
    @bluemkn57cars Thanks for your input. I believe all add-ons, including tint, are factored into the price - or at least they better be. I will clarify though. I figure I'll drive 25,000 in the first two years which equals 5 oil changes if I'm going 5,000 miles between.

I agree that there is more room. This dealer has around 50 Sport 1.5's on the lot, with 10 of the black exterior I'm after. I have to think they're eager to move some before end of month...
    It is always good to ask all these questions (about add-ons) and never to make any suggestions. Even if the tint and the other add-ons are "included" in the price, what is the dealer charging you for them? I bet you their cost is less than 50% on these accessories. For the oil changes, you should ask how many "free" ones you are actually getting.
    @bluemkn57cars

Yes I have a Carmax close by and honestly I probably will not do a deal if I cannot get $22k
    Unfortunately my previous experience with Carmax in my area is extremely low offers, but I may give them a shot again and see
    bcook8187 said:
    Unfortunately my previous experience with Carmax in my area is extremely low offers, but I may give them a shot again and see
    Good luck. Honestly, dealers are going to low ball. However, let's assume you get $21k for your car and $31.5k for the Touring 2.0T, would you do a deal?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    bcook8187 said:

Yes your right about CarMax. I can say only a few times over the many years helping others or family with certain models it did help dealer agree with a trade in price . @bluemkn57cars is correct and as you see Your Trade in will be low balled, you need to sell privately to recoup the depreciation hit on one side and the not so good pricing right now in your area on 18 models.

2 suggestions from me

1- Wait 3 more months to buy a 18 model. Pricing in the VA/ MD area. should be 3k...& below invoice price by then .

2- In the meantime put vehicle up for sale online Asap with either Cars.com or Auto-Trader . Buy the upgrade service they will profile buyers for you 1st. if you sell quickly , make your best deal on a 2018 . if it takes 3 or 4 months consider the 18 model............. or buy a 19 model in nov/ dec of this year.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

If you decide on a 19 model The best price you will receive this year on a 2019 model Accord will be Dec, 30th / 31st.

@bcook8187

At the end of the day, you are going to have to figure out what works best financially for you and whether it will be worth upgrading to an '18 Accord 
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151

I negotiated to have them take the nitro fill off the price at the dealership.  They took all other accessories off the price of the car but would not budge until I went into the dealership for the nitro fill.

@alexrivera Did your deal with DCH require you to finance or lease with them to get thier price ? thanks
    @alexrivera Did your deal with DCH require you to finance or lease with them to get thier price ? thanks
    I financed through Honda financial.  I was not asked if I was financing until I got there.  Not sure if that helps.

I financed through Honda financial.  I was not asked if I was financing until I got there.  Not sure if that helps.

Alex when you get a chance, can you tell me the production date of your vehicle. The info is on drivers door below tire PSI ............................Thank-you, Good luck with your accord

• bmalone3bmalone3 Member Posts: 7
    Here's an interesting question... I explained how the dealership I'm interested in has around 10 of my exact car. While the salesman was looking through them, you could see all different lengths of time that the dealer has had car - Up to around 50 days.

Is there any sort of value in getting one of the newer ones? Is it better to look at production dates and get a more recent one (maybe they've worked out kinks from the first batch so-to-speak)??
    edited June 2018
    @bmalone3

Unless you could open each vehicle and check dates on doors , you can tell salesman which one you want.

Getting a better value.......... No............ there all new vehicles, just some sit on lots longer than others. On Jan,1st 2019 your 18 model is considered a 1 yr. old model and has depreciated accordingly. Which poses another question to think about..... if you buy a late year model vehicle in Oct, Nov, Dec you want that vehicle discounted enough to compensate the depreciation hit you'll take on the 1st of the new year, especially if that car is totaled or stolen. Your Ins company wont be sympatric that you bought just a few months ago. Then throw on top your Ins. detectable $500 to 1000 which comes off the top of the vehicles book value.

bmalone3 said:

Here's an interesting question... I explained how the dealership I'm interested in has around 10 of my exact car. While the salesman was looking through them, you could see all different lengths of time that the dealer has had car - Up to around 50 days.

Is there any sort of value in getting one of the newer ones? Is it better to look at production dates and get a more recent one (maybe they've worked out kinks from the first batch so-to-speak)??

In my area I am seeing cars that have been on lots for up to 8 months, I prefer to buy a more recently made accord because they have been thru all of the foul weather of winter and spring plus the battery is now older. Some of the oldest ones have a dest fee of 875 before they were raised to 890. You can also check the last 6 digits of the vin which is the sequence number, the higher the newer . the vin sequence on the 1.5 is different than the 2.0 and they have made a lot less 2.0's
    Its a important question to ask each dealership before buying . Accords sitting on lots for 8 months who would of thought.

• ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    A dealer told me a few hours ago he just got "dealer cash" so can take an extra $1000 off. I'm looking for an Accord Touring 2.0. How much would a good deal be for purchase? Invoice minus $1000 or should I start below invoice and if so, what seems like a fair number before dealer cash?

Thanks.
    ny_sx said:
    A dealer told me a few hours ago he just got "dealer cash" so can take an extra $1000 off. I'm looking for an Accord Touring 2.0. How much would a good deal be for purchase? Invoice minus $1000 or should I start below invoice and if so, what seems like a fair number before dealer cash? Thanks.
    I am guessing they are trying to move more cars before the end of the month and quarter. 
    MSRP on this car is about $37k ($36.7k to be exact). Invoice is about $33.6k. I would not pay more than $2k below invoice BEFORE any dealer cash and other incentives. What is their offer? Don't blink first but let them know their best offer gets you to buy TODAY.  What are their doc fees?
    Where are you located?

• bmalone3bmalone3 Member Posts: 7
    jamie95 said:

bmalone3 said:

Sale Price $ 23,427.51
    Doc Fee $ 249.00
    Total License And Fees $ 203.00
    State & Local Taxes $ 1,520.49

Grad: $ 500.00

Total Price: $ 24,900.00

Lowest quote so far on an Accord Sport 1.5t in Houston. Car comes with tint, nitro refill, paint & fabric protection, and two years of free oil changes. Thoughts?

Hey! That sounds like a pretty good deal! Every dealership I've been in contact with won't go lower than $26,000 OTD. Did you buy it already? If so do you mind telling me which dealership you went to? 

Jamie,

This was at Big Star Honda off of I-45. I will most likely buy before end of month. If you say I referred you, I get $100. Just saying...
    edited June 2018
    brian125 said:
    Alex when you get a chance, can you tell me the production date of your vehicle. The info is on drivers door below tire PSI ............................Thank-you, Good luck with your accord
    4/18 only had 11 miles on it.
    @john4545 - Last two days of the month are this weekend. Going to pull the trigger then?
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    @jerseydevil01, want to update you . I called last night over to DCH Honda where Alex bought his Accord . I could not get Lisa , so talked with another sales person about making same deal today that Alex posted above . I asked about dealer cash, and if there price on a sport model of $2000 or so below invoice price would be accepted on other accord models. He said yes. I think Honda has put out more money so dealers can sell.

@john4545 - Last two days of the month are this weekend. Going to pull the trigger then?

I'm going to email dealerships by me to beat or match the NJ dealerships price. when I get home from work tonight going to call PA dealerships and close deal or buy in NJ

john4545 said:

@jerseydevil01, want to update you . I called last night over to DCH Honda where Alex bought his Accord . I could not get Lisa , so talked with another sales person about making same deal today that Alex posted above . I asked about dealer cash, and if there price on a sport model of $2000 or so below invoice price would be accepted on other accord models. He said yes. I think Honda has put out more money so dealers can sell.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how you made out. I called the other DCH kay, not academy yesterday and they are totally different. I inquired about a touring 2.0 and they quoted invoice 33623. I told them that is not acceptable so they went to 1800 below invoice 31873, then I stated that the 500 doc fee was high they said there is a holiday 500 discount that would cover the doc fee and was also told this car has 2000 in dealer and factory addons and asked them to give me a price breakdown via email which I am still waiting for. I guess DCH academy is a much better dealer
    john4545 said:
    I'm going to email dealerships by me to beat or match the NJ dealerships price. when I get home from work tonight going to call PA dealerships and close deal or buy in NJ
    Good luck and keep us posted.

john4545 said:

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how you made out. I called the other DCH kay, not academy yesterday and they are totally different. I inquired about a touring 2.0 and they quoted invoice 33623. I told them that is not acceptable so they went to 1800 below invoice 31873, then I stated that the 500 doc fee was high they said there is a holiday 500 discount that would cover the doc fee and was also told this car has 2000 in dealer and factory addons and asked them to give me a price breakdown via email which I am still waiting for. I guess DCH academy is a much better dealer</blockquote

I too have been telling dealerships I will not except excessive added accessories. its a deal breaker !. I waited 4 months for pricing to lower I could live with where its at right now . You may need to wait another month or two to better your deal and find a dealership that has touring's with little to no add on's .

Good luck and thanks for sharing with me ,you have helped me along these past 3 months.

edited June 2018
    Do like brian125 said on negotiating. Leave off with each dealership the price and exact car that gets your business today , No exceptions whether it be today, tomm, next week or next month. If more incentive money comes there way they will call . revisit the same dealerships next month. I did this same approach the past 4 months. The past 2 months I received emails and calls from dealerships about price drops.
    I seem to be having some problems posting today, so my apologizes if it looks like I repeated a post. If so, moderator, please fix. Thanks.
    A few of the dealerships by me said they cant touch the price from NJ. They will be losing money. Do you think that is the case or is it greed?
    john4545 said:
    A few of the dealerships by me said they cant touch the price from NJ. They will be losing money. Do you think that is the case or is it greed?
    Greed. PA dealers?
    john4545 said:

I have been seeing the same thing but only recently. Maybe honda is using these dealers in highly populated areas to unload the cars that have been sitting around for a while like a clearance center or maybe they reward the better rated dealers with better prices. Since DCH prices are so much better maybe you should double check the deal to make sure they are not trying to trick you
    John

Let these last few days play out......... at worst if your area wont match buy in NJ or MD.

edited June 2018
    I am trying to respond to a question by bluemkn57cars from June 27 and when I respond, it says, "Comment will be posted once it is approved" or something similar. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    ny_sx said:

I am trying to respond to a question by bluemkn57cars from June 27 and when I respond, it says, "Comment will be posted once it is approved" or something similar. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

The forum software seems to be acting up. I'm getting similar messages when I try to post. Be patient and we will get things sorted as quickly as we can.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dominatorhndominatorhn Member Posts: 20
    I just pull the trigger on the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EXL FOR $28,500. 
    Invoice 29,929
    Sales price $28,500
    college rebate $500
    Doc fee: $219
    Tax 5.1% : $1,439
    Title & registration: est $224 for now but will be less since I will use reused existing plate.
    Price is ~$1700 under invoice

Thanks all from this forum, it is very helpful :-).

Ps: bought splash guard $34 and cargo tray $54 from AppleHonda on ebay . Looking for Weathertech floor mats and Locked nuts next.
    Dominic
    ny_sx said:
    Btw, I just responded to your PM. You will do fine this weekend. 
    I just pull the trigger on the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EXL FOR $28,500. 
    Invoice 29,929
    Sales price $28,500
    college rebate $500
    Doc fee: $219
    Tax 5.1% : $1,439
    Title & registration: est $224 for now but will be less since I will use reused existing plate.
    Price is ~$1700 under invoice

Thanks all from this forum, it is very helpful :-).

Ps: bought splash guard $34 and cargo tray $54 from AppleHonda on ebay . Looking for Weathertech floor mats and Locked nuts next.
    Dominic
    Congrats on your deal. Enjoy the car.
  • dccarbuyer2dccarbuyer2 Member Posts: 13
    ny_sx said:

A dealer told me a few hours ago he just got "dealer cash" so can take an extra $1000 off. I'm looking for an Accord Touring 2.0. How much would a good deal be for purchase? Invoice minus $1000 or should I start below invoice and if so, what seems like a fair number before dealer cash?

Thanks.

Has anyone else confirmed that Honda is offering dealer cash now? Do you know if this applies to the hybrids as well or only the sedan?
  • dominatorhndominatorhn Member Posts: 20
    I heard it is only on sedan, not hybrid.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,139

ny_sx said:

Thanks.

Has anyone else confirmed that Honda is offering dealer cash now? Do you know if this applies to the hybrids as well or only the sedan?
    1.5 EXL w/NAV
    1.5 Touring
    2.0 EXL
    2.0 EXL w/NAV

Those models have $1000 dealer incentive
    But, no others

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 9_lease9_lease Member Posts: 56
    Anyone know the invoice and dealer holdbacks on the Hybrid EXL? I see different numbers online.
    kyfdx said:

ny_sx said:

Thanks.

1.5 EXL w/NAV
    1.5 Touring
    2.0 EXL
    2.0 EXL w/NAV

Those models have $1000 dealer incentive
    But, no others
    Very interesting, I may have to put an offer in to my local dealer on the 1.5 touring I want, they have 43 in stock, more than any other trim so I guess that's why they only picked certain models
    Compare the 3 models with Incentives . Can you live with a EXL 2.0, its 10 spd Trans is much smoother than the a 1.5 cvt model.. http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/Compare-Cars?TrimIds=397461_0_396200#397461_397462_397465

kyfdx said:
    A dealer told me a few hours ago he just got "dealer cash" so can take an extra $1000 off. I'm looking for an Accord Touring 2.0. How much would a good deal be for purchase? Invoice minus $1000 or should I start below invoice and if so, what seems like a fair number before dealer cash? Thanks.
    1.5 EXL w/NAV 1.5 Touring 2.0 EXL 2.0 EXL w/NAV Those models have $1000 dealer incentive But, no others
    @john4545 - So it looks no incentives on the Sports model.
  • wonderpetswonderpets Member Posts: 14
    Anyone here in the market for an Accord Hybrid? It seems like dealers are holding the prices a bit higher on Hybrids. I have not see any indication of sales below invoice.
    I am looking for one... EXL model.  So far 1 dealer is willing to go as far as 500 under invoice which comes out to be $29,146.00
  • 9_lease9_lease Member Posts: 56

Anyone here in the market for an Accord Hybrid? It seems like dealers are holding the prices a bit higher on Hybrids. I have not see any indication of sales below invoice.

I am looking for one... EXL model.  So far 1 dealer is willing to go as far as 500 under invoice which comes out to be $29,146.00

I'm also looking at the EXL Hybrid. Any chance you're in so cal Wonderpets? So cal numbers seem higher than usual for the Hybrids.
  • thehash880thehash880 Member Posts: 16
    I'm trying to deal with DCH Academy for a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T and its been tougher than I thought. They offered me a lease price on the car of $27,575 but the fees are insane. Over $1700! How did you guys bring that down? Also, they have no idea about the Honda lease incentive and aren't adding the $1000 dealer cash. Any ideas on where to go from here?
  • dccarbuyer2dccarbuyer2 Member Posts: 13

I'm trying to deal with DCH Academy for a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T and its been tougher than I thought. They offered me a lease price on the car of $27,575 but the fees are insane. Over $1700! How did you guys bring that down? Also, they have no idea about the Honda lease incentive and aren't adding the $1000 dealer cash. Any ideas on where to go from here?

What are the fees?