Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2019 Honda Accord Deals and Prices (Purchase Discussion)

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,791
edited January 2019 in Honda
Tell us about shopping for a new 2019 Accord!

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

«13456713

Comments

  • JohnRMXJohnRMX New OrleansPosts: 3
    Re-post from the 2018 thread. Thank you mod for creating one for 2019.
    I closed on a deal for 2019 Accord EX for OTD 28800. Car itself is 25000 and destination charge was included in a built-in package with add-ons (mud guard, pin stripes, wheel locks, nitrogen filled tires etc.) that cost $999. So with it $26000 before tax. Tax is a whopping 9.2% sadly. I think I did okay? I was aggressive in the negotiation but thought the deal was good enough to close. This is a cash buy.
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    edited January 2019
    JohnRMX said:

    Re-post from the 2018 thread. Thank you mod for creating one for 2019.
    I closed on a deal for 2019 Accord EX for OTD 28800. Car itself is 25000 and destination charge was included in a built-in package with add-ons (mud guard, pin stripes, wheel locks, nitrogen filled tires etc.) that cost $999. So with it $26000 before tax. Tax is a whopping 9.2% sadly. I think I did okay? I was aggressive in the negotiation but thought the deal was good enough to close. This is a cash buy.

    John

    Where was other dealer pricing in CA without the Accessory gouge? Here in NY I had a deal 2 days ago for roughly 500 below the 2019 models invoice.......... If we bought vehicle before the 1st.

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    The person who I was helping buy a 2019 model backed out wants to wait. I'll keep the board posted on 2019 model pricing when we start up negotiations again.

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • JohnRMXJohnRMX New OrleansPosts: 3
    brian125 said:

    The person who I was helping buy a 2019 model backed out wants to wait. I'll keep the board posted on 2019 model pricing when we start up negotiations again.

    Brian

    I looked through the last few pages of the 2018 thread but could only see one post with EX pricing and a few Sports and EX-L. I bought mine on the 31st but thought the sales go on until Jan 2nd. This is actually my first time buying a car and I am not sure what happens after new years hit. Mine without added options will probably be about 500 below invoice I think?
  • TJH13TJH13 Rhode IslandPosts: 6
    Just wanted to give my final numbers on my 2019 sport 2.0 purchase at Lundgren in Auburn MA. 
    $27987
    $1986 tax due to RI residence
    $398 doc
    $250 reg $75 of which for the runner?
    OTD 
    $30656 
    Interest rate 3.19% 
    Got wheel locks and a couple oil changes thrown in. Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated!
    Only question now is to pay it off right away or hold onto the cash!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,791
    TJH13 said:

    Just wanted to give my final numbers on my 2019 sport 2.0 purchase at Lundgren in Auburn MA. 
    $27987
    $1986 tax due to RI residence
    $398 doc
    $250 reg $75 of which for the runner?
    OTD 
    $30656 
    Interest rate 3.19% 
    Got wheel locks and a couple oil changes thrown in. Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated!
    Only question now is to pay it off right away or hold onto the cash!

    Congrats! Thanks for sharing the details.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Got this offer from a dealer in South Florida

    2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t
    selling price $23,900
    tax $1,500
    dealer fee $800
    new tags $550 
    total $26750 OTD 

    how does this deal look? 
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    edited January 2019
    Martin8 said:

    Got this offer from a dealer in South Florida

    2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t
    selling price $23,900
    tax $1,500
    dealer fee $800
    new tags $550 
    total $26750 OTD 

    how does this deal look? 

    A good deal / target price to shoot for on a 19 Accord this month is Invoice price to 1k below dealers invoice. That price should be after taking dealers doc fee into consideration.

    Your breakdown deal. Invoice price = $24,848 - 23,900 = 949 below invoice price - 800 dealer doc fee = $148 below invoice.

    Can you do better? Anything is possible if you get more dealers involved negotiate right till the very end of this month.

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    I had a deal here in NY for $500 below Invoice price on a Accord if I bought vehicle by Dec 31st.

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • StarafireStarafire NjPosts: 5
    Is this a good deal?  2019 accord hybrid 27,622 price + $499 doc + $599 package (wheel lock, trunk and splash guards) + 1905.35 tax + $104.50 Registration + $7.50 tire fee. For $30737.35 out the door. 
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    edited January 2019
    Starafire said:
    Is this a good deal?  2019 accord hybrid 27,622 price + $499 doc + $599 package (wheel lock, trunk and splash guards) + 1905.35 tax + $104.50 Registration + $7.50 tire fee. For $30737.35 out the door. 
    Do you know what your models invoice price is ?
    Are there any incentives to buy a 19 model ?
    Are you buying in NJ.?

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • StarafireStarafire NjPosts: 5
    Invoice looks to be 27621 according to kbb.  No idea if any incentives. This is with Honda financing though cause they said it would cost me more if I pay in cash. Yes, this is NJ. Thx!
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    Starafire, Negotiate thru this month try to take back dealers $499 doc fee. I think that is very do-able.

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • WestleyMWestleyM 39232Posts: 6
    Any thoughts on if March/April will have better incentives than January/February?
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    WestleyM said:
    Any thoughts on if March/April will have better incentives than January/February?

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    Your guess is as good as mine with incentives. Depends on Honda’s sales numbers YTD. Pricing will be better right at the end of the Ist ending sales quarter March,

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • StarafireStarafire NjPosts: 5
    brian125 said:
    Starafire, Negotiate thru this month try to take back dealers $499 doc fee. I think that is very do-able.
    Thanks! I am not 100% sure yet on
    buying it yet  Still want to check out the new Prius first. 
  • WestleyMWestleyM 39232Posts: 6
    thx for the info!
  • WestleyMWestleyM 39232Posts: 6
    brian125 said:

    Your guess is as good as mine with incentives. Depends on Honda’s sales numbers YTD. Pricing will be better right at the end of the Ist ending sales quarter March,

    thanks for the info!
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    Starafire said:


    brian125 said:

    Starafire, Negotiate thru this month try to take back dealers $499 doc fee. I think that is very do-able.

    Thanks! I am not 100% sure yet on
    buying it yet  Still want to check out the new Prius first. 

    Email or Call these Toyota dealers in addition to yours. They are the better of the lot in NJ depending on the month and there sales needs.

    EastCoast, Glen , Galaxy, DCH Freehold, Prestige, Route22, Toyota of Hackensack

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • StarafireStarafire NjPosts: 5
    brian125 said:
    brian125 said:
    Starafire, Negotiate thru this month try to take back dealers $499 doc fee. I think that is very do-able.
    Thanks! I am not 100% sure yet on
    buying it yet  Still want to check out the new Prius first. 
    Email or Call these Toyota dealers in addition to yours. They are the better of the lot in NJ depending on the month and there sales needs. EastCoast, Glen , Galaxy, DCH Freehold, Prestige, Route22, Toyota of Hackensack

    brian125 said:
    Starafire, Negotiate thru this month try to take back dealers $499 doc fee. I think that is very do-able.
    Thanks! I am not 100% sure yet on
    buying it yet  Still want to check out the new Prius first. 
    Email or Call these Toyota dealers in addition to yours. They are the better of the lot in NJ depending on the month and there sales needs. EastCoast, Glen , Galaxy, DCH Freehold, Prestige, Route22, Toyota of Hackensack


    Thanks!  Hopefully they are more informed. I called my local Toyota and they didn’t even know what I was talking about!  I was like the all wheel drive 2019 Prius. And they were like it doesn’t come with AWD. And I am like google and the main Toyota site said it does.... they emailed me back after 20 min and said it’s not available yet  maybe later this month😞. It’s got a release time of Jan 2019
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    Be sure to come back and tell us how you did! Share photos of your new ride if you'd like.
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    edited January 2019
    If anyone gets Accord pricing towards very end of this month Jan, in below states please post deals for forum. 

    DE, MD, NC, FL, CHI, OH, CA. 

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • aaronhksaaronhks Lubbock, TXPosts: 2
    22,900 purchase price
    116 wheel locks
    304 doc fee
    23,320 total (not including Texas sales tax and registration fees)
    Bought a 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5L modern steel on December 31 from a dealer in Kansas City. I live in Texas so haven’t registered it yet and paid the Texas sales tax. I financed through Honda for 5 years at 3.34%. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,791
    aaronhks said:

    22,900 purchase price
    116 wheel locks
    304 doc fee
    23,320 total (not including Texas sales tax and registration fees)
    Bought a 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5L modern steel on December 31 from a dealer in Kansas City. I live in Texas so haven’t registered it yet and paid the Texas sales tax. I financed through Honda for 5 years at 3.34%. 

    Congrats! That is a great color.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sporty1993sporty1993 North MississippiPosts: 1
    Just closed on a deal from Patty Peck Honda in Ridgeland, MS. $25,500 OTD taxes, fees, everything included. Good deal in my opinion. 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T white in color. What are your thoughts on this deal?
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    Just closed on a deal from Patty Peck Honda in Ridgeland, MS. $25,500 OTD taxes, fees, everything included. Good deal in my opinion. 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T white in color. What are your thoughts on this deal?
    Agreed sale price  & doc fee needed to comment




    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    edited January 2019
    Most good deals this month  on 19 models fall between invoice price and 1k below 

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • Terpfan2011Terpfan2011 MARYLANDPosts: 1
    Read through this forum discussion an the 2018 prices. Looking at the EX-L or Touring 2018/2019. As I understand it, shoot for <3k on the 2018 and <1k on the 19. This means the Dealer price + the destination fee, correct? Should this also include any rebates or incentives?

    Planning to call all the dealers in the UMD/DC/VA area tomorrow. The plan is to request to talk to the Internal (my guess to what Int. means) Department Manager, and ask the best price they can offer and what incentives/rebates are available. Is this a valid approach?

    Thank you all for your help.

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    edited January 2019
    Dealers may still have flex cash incentives for 18 models (only) that can be applied to your total asking price of 3k below invoice if you finance vehicle thru Honda. Ask ,Ask, Ask. Both are good target prices. Make your best deal with either year if you have no preference. 1k below invoice in your area ( 19 model ) is really $600/ 700 below depending on dealers doc fee charge. Its a very good deal for Jan

    My thoughts are if dealers wont discount a over 1 year old 18 Accord where pricing doesn't cover the depreciation hit if vehicle is stolen or totaled........ I'm buying a 19 model.

    Leave the 2018 models for un-educated buyers!

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • panda_man99panda_man99 Posts: 11
    edited January 2019
    Just closed on what I believe to be a great deal on a 2019 Accord EX in VA. 

    Selling price 24,180 (includes wheel locks, nitrogen, tinted windows, mud guards, door edge film)
    Processing 699
    tax and fees 1120
    OTD 26,000
    edit: also includes two years of oil changes 

    I negotiated the price independent of the accessories, so those were just an added sweetener. The deal is 2,007 below invoice or 1,308 if subtracting processing fee. 
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,228
    Excellent job panda. What dealership did you purchase at? ...................... Enjoy

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125 said:
    Excellent job panda. What dealership did you purchase at? ...................... Enjoy
    Thanks. Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge. 
  • dice117dice117 Orlando, FLPosts: 1
    Looking at buying a 2019 Accord EX in Florida. Best prices I've seen are ~$25,800 at a "no-haggle" dealer (tried to haggle after test drive, no-go), and an online price of $24,935 (excludes destination and handling) at another dealer I haven't visited yet. MSRP shows $27,620...

    Any tips? Do these numbers seem legit? With these numbers my OTD price would most likely be ~$28,000...
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    dice117 said:
    Looking at buying a 2019 Accord EX in Florida. Best prices I've seen are ~$25,800 at a "no-haggle" dealer (tried to haggle after test drive, no-go), and an online price of $24,935 (excludes destination and handling) at another dealer I haven't visited yet. MSRP shows $27,620... Any tips? Do these numbers seem legit? With these numbers my OTD price would most likely be ~$28,000...
    If you are not in a rush to buy, wait a few months for pricing to improve.
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • ReiFuReiFu WilliamsburgPosts: 1
    I am being offered a great deal on an Audi trade in for the purchase of a new 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring. Should i take the trade in or wait it out for any potential Presidents day price reduction or APR deals on the Accord? I can't seem to find any Accord Presidents day deals online?
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    ReiFu said:
    I am being offered a great deal on an Audi trade in for the purchase of a new 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring. Should i take the trade in or wait it out for any potential Presidents day price reduction or APR deals on the Accord? I can't seem to find any Accord Presidents day deals online?
    What is the MSRP and sale price of the Accord? If you are being offered a great deal on the Touring, why wait till President's day. From experience and having watched Accord pricing over the past 6 years, Honda does not usually offer price or APR reductions around that time of the year. 
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    @ReiFu - Here are the current finance rates for the Accord. They are good until 02/28/2019.


    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 South JerseyPosts: 150
    ReiFu said:

    I am being offered a great deal on an Audi trade in for the purchase of a new 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring. Should i take the trade in or wait it out for any potential Presidents day price reduction or APR deals on the Accord? I can't seem to find any Accord Presidents day deals online?

    Honda has a 750 rebate as bonus cash thru 2/28/2019. Is is listed as a loyalty program, not sure what that means
  • Drew4545Drew4545 HoustonPosts: 4
    I just got this offer. I think I can negotiate the sales offer to 23,000. Should I be paying the destination fee on a car already on the lot?

    Sales Price: 23,732
    Destination: 920
    Taxes: 1,540.75
    VIT: 57.91
    Title and Licenses: 249.00
    Inspection: 39.75
    Doc Fee: 163.00

    Total:26,702.41



  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    edited February 2019
    Drew4545 said:

    I just got this offer. I think I can negotiate the sales offer to 23,000. Should I be paying the destination fee on a car already on the lot?

    Sales Price: 23,732
    Destination: 920
    Taxes: 1,540.75
    VIT: 57.91
    Title and Licenses: 249.00
    Inspection: 39.75
    Doc Fee: 163.00

    Total:26,702.41



    Where are you located? Texas? What trim is this for? What is the MRSP? What makes you think you can get it for $23k? You need to reach out to as many dealers as you can towards the end of the month for the best pricing.
    Everyone pays the destination fee even if the car is already on the lot. Good luck.
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    It looks like the destination fee went up from $890/$895 (for 2018 models) to $920 (for 2019 models). I guess Honda needs that extra $30/$35.
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    I had posted this in the 2018 Accord thread, but here is some general advice.

    Pricing is based on a few factors, such as:
    • Supply and demand - Some dealers tend to be more flexible with pricing on certain trims/models if the inventory for that trim is high. Sometimes, Honda might also offer incentives to move certain slow selling models.
    • Location, location and location - Pricing varies from location. For example, you might be able to get a better deal from a dealership in Maryland vs a dealership in Florida.
    • Shop around - Plain and simple, you are going to have to shop around. If you live in or close to a metro area, there should be more than 30 Honda dealers in a 100 mile radius. Do not waste your time with dealerships who play games.
    • Research - You are going to have to do some research to learn about some of the tactics others have used to get the best pricing.
    • Timing - The time of the year you buy a car has a big impact on pricing. You usually get the best deal at the end of the month or end of the quarter, if car salesmen need to reach their quota. This might not always be the case, but you have more leverage when negotiating pricing.
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • Drew4545Drew4545 HoustonPosts: 4

    Drew4545 said:

    I just got this offer. I think I can negotiate the sales offer to 23,000. Should I be paying the destination fee on a car already on the lot?

    Sales Price: 23,732
    Destination: 920
    Taxes: 1,540.75
    VIT: 57.91
    Title and Licenses: 249.00
    Inspection: 39.75
    Doc Fee: 163.00

    Total:26,702.41



    Where are you located? Texas? What trim is this for? What is the MRSP? What makes you think you can get it for $23k? You need to reach out to as many dealers as you can towards the end of the month for the best pricing.
    Everyone pays the destination fee even if the car is already on the lot. Good luck.
    My apologies, located in Houston. 2019 Accord Sport. MSRP 27,100. I believe I can talk them down to 23,000 based upon previous sales in the area.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    Drew4545 said:

    Drew4545 said:

    I just got this offer. I think I can negotiate the sales offer to 23,000. Should I be paying the destination fee on a car already on the lot?

    Sales Price: 23,732
    Destination: 920
    Taxes: 1,540.75
    VIT: 57.91
    Title and Licenses: 249.00
    Inspection: 39.75
    Doc Fee: 163.00

    Total:26,702.41



    Where are you located? Texas? What trim is this for? What is the MRSP? What makes you think you can get it for $23k? You need to reach out to as many dealers as you can towards the end of the month for the best pricing.
    Everyone pays the destination fee even if the car is already on the lot. Good luck.
    My apologies, located in Houston. 2019 Accord Sport. MSRP 27,100. I believe I can talk them down to 23,000 based upon previous sales in the area.
    Let me try and break down your current deal:
    • Sales price: $24,652
    • Invoice price: $24,874
    • Amount below invoice before doc fee: $222
    • Amount below invoice after doc fee: $59
    At a price of $23k, you will have to be at $1874 below invoice. If it is doable in your area, then I would buy the car on the spot if I were in your shoes.

    Post back your final numbers.
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • Drew4545Drew4545 HoustonPosts: 4
    edited February 2019
    Will do, I am assuming your sales price includes the destination charge? I meant 23,000 plus the 920 destination.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Boston, MAPosts: 974
    Drew4545 said:

    Will do, I am assuming your sales price includes the destination charge? I meant 23,000 plus the 920 destination.

    Yes, the destination fee is part of the sale price I listed. Dealers who give you a quote by separating the destination fee are just playing games. As I stated, all car buyers pay a destination fee.

    I guess $1k below invoice should be doable then, but let's see if you can do better than that this early in the year.
    2018 Audi A4 P+
    2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • Sky2151Sky2151 Norcal Posts: 5
    Hi I’m from NorCal, just got an offer for 2019 Accord Sport 1.5T for $26344 OTD
    msrp: 27075
    saving: 3381
    price: 23694
    Tax&doc: 2650
    OTD: 26344
    How’s this deal?
    thanks 
  • MunJaneMunJane San Diego, CAPosts: 3
    Sky2151 said:

    Hi I’m from NorCal, just got an offer for 2019 Accord Sport 1.5T for $26344 OTD
    msrp: 27075
    saving: 3381
    price: 23694
    Tax&doc: 2650
    OTD: 26344
    How’s this deal?
    thanks 

    I would fight for 24k OTD
  • Drew4545Drew4545 HoustonPosts: 4
    edited February 2019
    24K OTD seems like a stretch to me. That would be nearly 3,500 below invoice.
Sign In or Register to comment.