Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    perfect time to trot out the "tell it to the judge" line!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    qbrozen said:

henryn said:

ruking1 said:

Several years ago a friend took his Escape to a local Ford dealer to have a rough idle diagnosed. Right off the bat they told him it needed the injectors cleaned. I asked him if the car was running fine except for the rough idle. It was. I googled his year and model with “rough idle” and received a ton of hits concerning the idle control valve. I told him to ask his SA about the ICV and they finally conceded that it might be the cause of the problem. They replaced it-it cost less than the injector cleaning(no surprise)-and the rough idle was gone. 
    Any wonder why I claim the Ford dealers in Louisville refuse to hire techs or SAs with opposable thumbs?

Buy FORD V-6 eco Tech F150 late models (2018 up) ?

https://youtu.be/QkYS6mpwiSM
    I have owned 4 new F150 trucks in the last 6 years. One with the V8, three with the ecoboost. For my money, ecoboost all the way.

Now I will grant you this. If you plan to keep the truck forever, or at least out to 100k miles or greater, you very will might be better of with the V8. Maybe. But in the short run, the ecoboost will outrun the V8, get better gas mileage, cost less to buy, and is more fun to drive (more responsive).

Your money, your choice. For me, I vote for the ecoboost.

LOL. Man, you guys and these Scotty videos. I actually clicked that one and watched a bit. He said "fan belt" when referring to newer supercharged engines. hahahaha.
    Also used "direct injection" and "VVT" as reasons why the ecoboost is less reliable. Guess he doesn't know the Coyote 5.0 V8 uses those, too? good grief.
    Actually the Coyote from 2018 on has both direct and port injection which Scotty has mentioned but hasn’t named Ford specifically. He actually likes that setup. But yeah, he does get wound up sometimes.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    abacomike said:

There is even more evidence available to me now that I do, in fact, live in God’s waiting room.  I had another experience that sustains my hypothesis.

I was returning home after food shopping this morning and, to my chagrin, I found a strange car parked in my assigned parking spot.  There were no guest spots available for me to park in due to all the healthcare aides who work in my building with dependent senior citizens.  So I had to double park behind the car in my spot while I unloaded the groceries to take up to my apartment.

About 5 minutes later I heard a car horn sounding.  I walked out of my condo and called down to the guy blowing his car horn that I was parked behind him.  I took the elevator down as the security guard pulled up.  This guy was screaming at me and cursing.  I told him he was parked in my parking spot and I had nowhere else to legally park.  He told the security guard that someone was parked in his mother’s spot so he decided to park in my spot.

The security guard gave me a warning not to double park and told me to park somewhere else until the gentleman was finished visiting his mother.  I was furious - I demanded that this guy pull out of my assigned spot so I could go up to my condo.  The security guard ticketed me for illegal parking and left - allowing this guy to park in my spot.

I called the security office and they sent two cars to my building.  I showed them the community parking ticket I was given by the first security guard and they saw the guy refusing to pull his car out of my spot.  This guy was in his 70’s and was as blind as a bat.  How do they let these people drive down here?  

They called for a tow truck and they had the car towed to the nursery area where they keep plants, flowers and trees for the community.  They took my ticket and ripped it up once they confirmed I was assigned that spot.  They apologized for the behavior of the first security guard and issued a $200 illegal parking ticket to this idiot who refused to pull his car out of my spot.

I am surrounded by idiots, old ladies and dangerous drivers who can’t see 10 feet in front of themselves.  Good grief!  :o

The security guard who ticketed you was probably making some side money selling parking spots. :@

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

If Warren is getting breakfast at Mickey D’s for three bucks he must not be eating much.

A breakfast sandwich alone near me costs $4.50. Every time the min. wage goes up so does the price.

Well, here's the thing: two breakfast burritos used (a year or two ago) to be $2 plus tax, and that's what I ate most mornings when I was in Creston, IA, taking care of business.

As with most fast food places, if you want something healthful (or less bad), bring money. A sausage anything is much cheaper than the egg McMuffin with actual ham -- two of those will set you back $8, more or less, depending on location, but you can get the sausage whatever for a buck or 1.50.

If you want the grilled chicken burger, you might as well go to a real restaurant.

I used to get their breakfast meal which included an egg sandwich, potatoes and drink for $2.56 tax included. Now that combo costs close to $8.

I have mixed feeling about the mandated min. wage hikes. As a min. wage worker myself, it puts $20 more in my pay but on the other had my cheap meals are no longer cheap.

• Options
    that is the basic nature of economics. If cost goes up, price goes up. And if incomes go up but prices go up the same amount, you stay in the same place.

• Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    abacomike said:

There is even more evidence available to me now that I do, in fact, live in God’s waiting room.  I had another experience that sustains my hypothesis.

I was returning home after food shopping this morning and, to my chagrin, I found a strange car parked in my assigned parking spot.  There were no guest spots available for me to park in due to all the healthcare aides who work in my building with dependent senior citizens.  So I had to double park behind the car in my spot while I unloaded the groceries to take up to my apartment.

About 5 minutes later I heard a car horn sounding.  I walked out of my condo and called down to the guy blowing his car horn that I was parked behind him.  I took the elevator down as the security guard pulled up.  This guy was screaming at me and cursing.  I told him he was parked in my parking spot and I had nowhere else to legally park.  He told the security guard that someone was parked in his mother’s spot so he decided to park in my spot.

The security guard gave me a warning not to double park and told me to park somewhere else until the gentleman was finished visiting his mother.  I was furious - I demanded that this guy pull out of my assigned spot so I could go up to my condo.  The security guard ticketed me for illegal parking and left - allowing this guy to park in my spot.

I called the security office and they sent two cars to my building.  I showed them the community parking ticket I was given by the first security guard and they saw the guy refusing to pull his car out of my spot.  This guy was in his 70’s and was as blind as a bat.  How do they let these people drive down here?  

They called for a tow truck and they had the car towed to the nursery area where they keep plants, flowers and trees for the community.  They took my ticket and ripped it up once they confirmed I was assigned that spot.  They apologized for the behavior of the first security guard and issued a $200 illegal parking ticket to this idiot who refused to pull his car out of my spot.

I am surrounded by idiots, old ladies and dangerous drivers who can’t see 10 feet in front of themselves.  Good grief!  :o

Seems like they should have given security guard #1 the $200 ticket for giving permission for the blind as a bat guy to remain parked in your spot. :open_mouth:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    stickguy said:

that is the basic nature of economics. If cost goes up, price goes up. And if incomes go up but prices go up the same amount, you stay in the same place.

The problem comes when politicians try to buy votes with your money. They count on people not realizing the effect non market cost increases have on business.

• Options
    Mike, do you know this guy? Seems like the kind who would find you.

https://youtu.be/DGtu1a4BgK4

• Options
    houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    abacomike said:

I would also expect a direct apology from the guy who gave you the ticket.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

The problem comes when politicians try to buy votes with your money. They count on people not realizing the effect non market cost increases have on business.

That perfectly describes life in Canada these days. Activists on any given subject pop out of the woodwork constantly calling for a "living wage" for those at the bottom of the employment chain - as if someone would raise a family by making a career out of flipping burgers - and free everything, pharmacare, day care, mass transit, universal basic income, et al, with feminine hygiene products being the latest cause du jour. Somehow they either fail to connect the dots to indicate who would pay for all this, or they do and do not care because "the rich" can be made to pay. The definition of "rich" seems to be anyone making more than they do.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited May 2019
    I thought retiring to Florida was supposed to be dull, boring, uneventful. :) Just waiting for the call to "go home."

The first security guard should have ticketed the guy in your spot, ticketed the person parked in his mother's spot, and facilitated your getting into your assigned parking.

I would be having a calm conference with the head of the security, especially if that person wasn't one of the two who responded to your call.

The first security guard seems to live in an alternative world of rules, but there's a lot of that these days. I got flipped off by a middle-aged woman because she started to pull out in front of me where I had the right-of-way.
    Go figure.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    ab348 said:

That perfectly describes life in Canada these days. Activists on any given subject pop out of the woodwork constantly calling for a "living wage" for those at the bottom of the employment chain - as if someone would raise a family by making a career out of flipping burgers - and free everything, pharmacare, day care, mass transit, universal basic income, et al, with feminine hygiene products being the latest cause du jour. Somehow they either fail to connect the dots to indicate who would pay for all this, or they do and do not care because "the rich" can be made to pay. The definition of "rich" seems to be anyone making more than they do.
    Much of this seems to be training us to be used to be "told" what should be done. Let's see if we can make them believe plastic bags will be the end of the world..., e.g..

I would make an analogy to how GM has been stereotyped through repetition of information, some correct some not, but I won't. LOL

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    abacomike said:

Wow.... I'm sure the guy that ticketed you was a former Police Officer that had previously ticketed me. For the sake of humanity; it must be.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    stickguy said:

Except you now pay more taxes on your higher earnings. I remember when NY enacted a $15 min. (But only in parts of the state that voted overwhelmingly for the party in power) and people were quitting their jobs or going part time in order to maintain the income based benefits which the government provided.

• Options
    ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited May 2019
    CA is also “gasoline taxing” the working & POOR directly without the 2/3 majority votes mandated by its own rules & constitution. But wait.... there’s also taxing the taxes......https://fee.org/articles/californias-soaring-gas-taxes-arent-even-going-to-the-roads/

Don’t forget Federal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

This should be indicative they will never get rid of gasoline & diesel!?

Ethanol (Biofuels) taxation https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-u-epa-proposes-hike-211736649.html
  • Options
    Agree or disagree?

https://youtu.be/wcBPRwMexQA

• Options
    edited May 2019
    YES! Agree. How old are the people who used to drive those cars, but could barely afford them then? My guess are that set are NOT buying present iterations, or even those old ones & can’t afford what they will charge now? Millennials, (23 yrs old to 38 years old) as a group are not doing as well as other groups.
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217

If Warren is getting breakfast at Mickey D’s for three bucks he must not be eating much.

A breakfast sandwich alone near me costs $4.50. Every time the min. wage goes up so does the price.

Well, here's the thing: two breakfast burritos used (a year or two ago) to be $2 plus tax, and that's what I ate most mornings when I was in Creston, IA, taking care of business.

As with most fast food places, if you want something healthful (or less bad), bring money. A sausage anything is much cheaper than the egg McMuffin with actual ham -- two of those will set you back $8, more or less, depending on location, but you can get the sausage whatever for a buck or 1.50.

If you want the grilled chicken burger, you might as well go to a real restaurant.

I used to get their breakfast meal which included an egg sandwich, potatoes and drink for $2.56 tax included. Now that combo costs close to $8.

I have mixed feeling about the mandated min. wage hikes. As a min. wage worker myself, it puts $20 more in my pay but on the other had my cheap meals are no longer cheap.
    Wow, $2.56 for a McD breakfast meal must have been back when Ronald McDonald was just starting clown school. B)
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yesterday, $3.99 (in Silicon Valley, CA, with a coupon) for two BurgerKing burgers & two small fries. It was take out (home) so we bypassed water & beverages.

How about those Golden State Warriors? The Houston Rockets gave a hell of a lot of fight !
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I'm thinking McD's price increases more reflected higher food costs and complaints from their franchises that all their required store changes and menu item additions were making it hard to earn a decent profit. But I think increased wages may also be a factor.
  • Options
    costs are costs. they all get passed along.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    stickguy said:

costs are costs. they all get passed along.

Until they are not! One doesn’t want to be the bowling pins, when the ball is rowed down the lane.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    berri said:

I'm thinking McD's price increases more reflected higher food costs and complaints from their franchises that all their required store changes and menu item additions were making it hard to earn a decent profit. But I think increased wages may also be a factor.

There have been huge pressures & for a very long time. In fact, to earn decent monies,one has to eventually own 4/5 units. Mc Donald’s has been vilified for many decades by business & almost any community that has them.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    These taxes along with general sales taxes are indeed regressive - WA is a leader in regressive taxation as much as CA, with no end in sight.
    ruking1 said:

CA is also “gasoline taxing” the working & POOR directly without the 2/3 majority votes mandated by its own rules & constitution. But wait.... there’s also taxing the taxes......https://fee.org/articles/californias-soaring-gas-taxes-arent-even-going-to-the-roads/

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    I am unable spend time and dig up data now , but I am pretty sure it has been shown wage increases are a very marginal factor when it comes to increasing fast food prices. This relatively well known study is interesting

Those who got theirs and say to hell with everyone else, as the socio-economic chasm continues to widen, may not like it.
    berri said:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    fintail said:

I am unable spend time and dig up data now , but I am pretty sure it has been shown wage increases are a very marginal factor when it comes to increasing fast food prices. This relatively well known study is interesting

Those who got theirs and say to hell with everyone else, as the socio-economic chasm continues to widen, may not like it.

berri said:

So when the prices of (cheaper) fast food goes up, is one saying it will have no effect on folks that can only afford (cheaper) fast food, which would then not be so cheap?

There are very very few who have gotten whatever is meant by “theirs” & say to hell with everyone else! They (whomever they are) may not like WHAT (it) exactly?

Fast food has been, is defacto 10% to 25% cheaper, sans the expectation & the realities of so called “tipping”. The mathematics of (higher) $15. per hr minimum wage does not support the opinion, unless the business is already paying $15 an hour “minimum wage”.

The host Shiftright gave a sit down breakfast example of $12 per meal. I’m certain he at least left a 10%/20% tip. Warren Buffet gave a $3.25 fast food example. It was clear he left no tip, nor is one normally expected.
  • Options
    one thing for sure, the more minimum wage goes up, the likelier it is that customers will be pushed to do more. Ordering Kiosks are taking over!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    stickguy said:

one thing for sure, the more minimum wage goes up, the likelier it is that customers will be pushed to do more. Ordering Kiosks are taking over!

The mathematics are relentless & unforgiving. Back 45 yrs or so ago the (SBA) small business administration used to say app 50% of small business fail. Now instead of a lesser %, they proudly cite 85% fail.

Now some economists refer to small/ business failure as “creative destruction”. But letting the marketplace run rather than forced Federal minimum wages are what should be done. Forced higher minimum wages $15 instead of $7.25 would mean getting rid of app 51.5 % of personnel (4.81 persons where 9.95 would do), with no change in yearly revenues (500,000 yr.), higher menu prices, or combinations.

So it’s not hard to see that the opposite would be achieved; getting rid of small businesses and jobs which stem from a healthy small business industry.
  • Options
    I think the US, and perhaps the world in general, is moving toward an oligopoly dominated economy. Not necessarily a good thing.
  • Options
    berri said:

I think the US, and perhaps the world in general, is moving toward an oligopoly dominated economy. Not necessarily a good thing.

I think the trend to social engineering contributes to that as the mega stores are able to shoulder the burdens of mandated cost increases while the mom and pop stores are not.

Speaking of social engineering, what effect do you think THIS will have on car buying decisions?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-electric-vehicle-fee-illinois-20190509-story.html

• Options
    Question for the well informed.

How long does the battery in modern (2015) key fobs last? My Ford is telling me “battery low, change soon”. How much do they cost?

• Options
    That's hilarious. EV owners are making the same "progressive" virtue signalling arguments as cyclists to try to exempt themselves. Of course the wear and tear caused by a bike is somewhat different from that caused by a 2-ton EV, though cyclists seem to look the other way at the millions spent on special lanes and the like for them which in many areas seldom get much use. And I'm most EV owners can afford the fee.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    The battery for the key fob to my 13 Accord (keyless start) lasts a little over 2 years. Luckily the owners manual gives clear instructions on battery replacement, which takes less than 5 minutes to do.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    edited May 2019

Question for the well informed.

How long does the battery in modern (2015) key fobs last? My Ford is telling me “battery low, change soon”. How much do they cost?

Since there are at least two videos on net about replacement, they must be failing at about 4 years...
    One commenter in the second video has a 2017 Mustang... that's kind of early. Should be under warranty?
    Second video sounds best. First guy acts like he thinks he's better than he is at pedagogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFExLqblmLA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUktjfsvd3o

CR 2025 is about $1 ea via amazon and likely at your local Walmart in the jewelry department where they'll have a display. These must be different than CR2032. I bought a pack of a dozen or so CR2032 at amazon for what 2 would have cost at the local Walmart.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cr2025+battery&oq=cr2025+battery&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5254j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My GM keyfob has a removable slide on one end that exposes the single battery it uses. Videos look like the Ford has been engineered to require a little work to get to it!

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    The Land Rover, of course, was our worst fob. Siliconed closed at the factory, so I had to break them open, replace battery, and glue closed again. I’ve replaced them in the 2014 chrysler fobs twice already. So I think about 2 yrs in those.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506

How long does the battery in modern (2015) key fobs last? My Ford is telling me “battery low, change soon”.

FWIW, my 11+ year old fob for the TSX still works, but it is getting intermittent. I may start using the spare that's good as new to see if it's just wearing out or if the battery is the cause. Have no idea what it'll cost to replace the battery. I'll be interested in hearing what others say.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    @oldfarmer50

I'm thinking Illinois threw this out to see general response. The question of road maintenance as cars use less fuel is going to be a complicated one. Most states and the US rely heavily on fuel taxes. I suppose there are various ways to go about it down the road, but continuing to rely heavily on fuel tax will end up falling on the transportation industry like truckers which will pass onto consumers. You could increase car license fees, put a usage type tax on car sales, move more to tolls as just a few possibilities. Road usage continues to grow, so the issue isn't going to fade away any time soon. Personally, I see hybrids growing and think heavy EV sales are still sometime long into the future unless a quicker way to recharge and the necessary infrastructure occurs earlier. Autonomous, ride sharing, car subscriptions - I'm not sure America is ready for all this except perhaps in the heart of major cities. Bottom line, I'll probably be long gone to care ;)
  • Options
    I haven't had fob batteries go, but do find that some of them got a bit funky as they aged, like overly sensitive. Just makes me wonder what all this electronic stuff is going to be like after a vehicle gets older. Avionics is an issue on many older aircraft and I suspect we're going to have something similar on modern vehicles.
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    How long does the battery in modern (2015) key fobs last? My Ford is telling me “battery low, change soon”.
    FWIW, my 11+ year old fob for the TSX still works, but it is getting intermittent. I may start using the spare that's good as new to see if it's just wearing out or if the battery is the cause. Have no idea what it'll cost to replace the battery. I'll be interested in hearing what others say.
    Since this topic came up, I went to the internet and searched for “replacing the key fob battery in a 2018 Mercedes S Class”.  A video was found in less than 20 seconds that demonstrated the replacement process step-by-step.  It shouldn’t take more than 3-5 minutes to replace the battery - but you would have to shop for the exact battery once it has been extracted from the fob and you identified the type/size/ etc.

When I take my car in for its 12 month service, the battery in the key fob is replaced as part of the service at no additional cost.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

The 10 yo fob for the PT still works fine and I’ve never had to replace a battery in any of my older cars. That’s why I was surprised with the Ford fob. Guess modern keys draw a lot more power to do their magic.

• Options
    @oldfarmer50
    The keyfob for your Mustang uses two separate circuits. The two batteries are isolated rather than being in series or parallel.
    I'd like to know what each battery does?

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986

Its probably the battery. When we got the 06 TL recently, my SIL retired key fob#1, and used fob#2. I found #1 worked, but often took multiple tries. I replaced the battery and it works fine. I went ahead and replaced the battery in #2 as well.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    My 2014 ATS fob started giving intermittent problems after about 2 years so I replaced the battery. Wasn't hard to do but that is shockingly short battery life compared to others I've had.

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,556
    ab348 said:
    My 2014 ATS fob started giving intermittent problems after about 2 years so I replaced the battery. Wasn't hard to do but that is shockingly short battery life compared to others I've had.
    My Audi's lasted about the same. The dealer replaced both batteries at no charge but I was surprised at their short lifespan.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    Don't know for sure, but I'd imagine fobs for keyless cars are a constant drain on their batteries, as opposed to those that only use power when you actually press a button.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    sda said:

Its probably the battery. When we got the 06 TL recently, my SIL retired key fob#1, and used fob#2. I found #1 worked, but often took multiple tries. I replaced the battery and it works fine. I went ahead and replaced the battery in #2 as well.

That's a good call -- I should probably just replace both of them.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    edited May 2019
    Question for the well informed. How long does the battery in modern (2015) key fobs last? My Ford is telling me “battery low, change soon”. How much do they cost?
    If they are like my X1 and Clubman, 4-6 years. They both take the same CR2032 button cell battery which is available most anywhere. Amazon sells a pack of 12 for $6.99. It only take a minute or two to change them. 

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    That’s yet another reason why driver100 flips his cars so frequently- he doesn’t want to be left stranded by a dead key fob and he doesn’t want to waste time taking the fob to the dealer for unscheduled maintenance. 
     :p 

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    yeah, the new style fobs for keyless entry are basically "always on", no different than say a cell phone. So batteries will wear out sooner. Old fashioned ones have no draw unless you push the button so should last a lot longer.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    ruking1 said:

Don’t forget Federal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

This should be indicative they will never get rid of gasoline & diesel!?

Ethanol (Biofuels) taxation https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-u-epa-proposes-hike-211736649.html

Fake News unfortunately. 59% of gas taxes in California go to highway maintenance and public transit.