Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

I know we have Tacoma fans here.....

https://youtu.be/TvXqyEDXYzA

Nice that she matched her top to the truck...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    edited April 2021
    On the Toyota topic... no road feel, bland styling, no soul, reliable ... yup, that’s a Toyota (no, the Z4 rebadge and BRZ rebadge don’t count). No reason to expect it to magically change.

No, wife hasn’t driven anything yet. I’ll have to drag her to dealers in the summer.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited April 2021
    tjc78 said:

I used to be a big Toyota fan, but their latest offerings just don’t do much of anything for me. I want to like the Avalon but can get over the awful front end.

The only US spec Toyota car that I like is the Supra 3.0 Premium- and it's not really a Toyota.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    I watched that video earlier. Reinforced my belief that many more sticks should be sold! But manual PUs are rare as hens teeth still I assume (since your 2 options are Taco and Gladiator if you don't want used).

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    edited April 2021
    That new SUV Toyota's coming out with that was posted in here earlier looks pretty interesting. Drive a lot of newer Rav4's at work and they do everything right. Sure, not the most exciting vehicle's on the road but just like the way they drive. And with the right combo of alloys and paint color, they can look pretty good. I know down here in South Florida, one sees them everywhere, with every age behind the wheel. Seems that Toyota hit the bullseye with this model and the public seems to agree. If one would fit better on my side of the garage, think I'd have one there right now. A co-worker just bought a CPO 2019 XLE for a decent price with mileage in the mid teens and he's extremely happy with it. A very clean automobile in that bland silver color that one sees in every parking lot. Not a huge fan of pre-owned vehicles but think I'd have no issue buying a low mileage 2020 Rav4 if I had to. Haven't really looked but if the price of a brand new unit wasn't that much more, would probably just go that route and be the first to own it.
    Bland vehicle for like 90% of my poster buddies in these forums but at this stage of my life, I'd be happy to own one for the "cheap to keep" factor. I'm about at the end of my rope dealing with vehicular drama in my life going forward, that's just where I'm at. And really, it could still be a possibility, one just never knows!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    Michaell said:

I know we have Tacoma fans here.....

https://youtu.be/TvXqyEDXYzA

Nice that she matched her top to the truck...
    She would be more fashionable if she had horizontal stripes.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    @graphicguy

I won my informal bet with myself that you'd end up with an Acura.
    I was reading between the lines as your gave your test drive evaluations.
    Plus you have never been disappointed in your Acura choices that you've
    mentioned nor in the dealership and sales folks.

Congrats on your new car.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited April 2021
    @abacomike

What colors are the loaner G90 you've got?
    Pictures if it's a nice combination?

I ask because I've been browsing stores from Dayton, Cincy, and Columbus.
    I saw one at a Columbus store that had a white with a blue interior. Despite a drab outside color
    for my person prefs, the interior was great. It was like the 60s and 70s where
    interior colors went beyond grey, black, and sort of black.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    venture said:

All indications are that the helicopter, Ingenuity, successfully completed its first flight on Mars.

Even though I had heard about this before, actually seeing it happen is amazing. Hard to believe it works since the atmosphere of Mars is so thin.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:

As for using the extra power twice a week, that does seem excessive, I cannot think of that many examples in a year where I would even come close to using all my power. Maybe there are other issues at play here?

Exactly.
    What is the exact right amount of horsepower one should have?
    Could it depend on what roads you are using and where you drive?
    More than you can handle. How else will you learn?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@graphicguy

Thanks! I honestly didn’t think I would end up with another Acura, but here I am. LOL!

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    I doubt I do, but never say never. Would probably take a new ILX replacement for me.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

driver100 said:

As for using the extra power twice a week, that does seem excessive, I cannot think of that many examples in a year where I would even come close to using all my power. Maybe there are other issues at play here?

Exactly.
    Better to have to much than too little....horsepower I mean :)

@graphicguy

Thanks! I honestly didn’t think I would end up with another Acura, but here I am. LOL!

If I had to bet....I would have bet on Acura.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

venture said:

All indications are that the helicopter, Ingenuity, successfully completed its first flight on Mars.

Even though I had heard about this before, actually seeing it happen is amazing. Hard to believe it works since the atmosphere of Mars is so thin.
    Not really, the atmosphere of mars is as thin as earths is at an altitude of 22+ miles, we have had experimental jet aircraft hit those heights. So its conceivable that with a wing span large enough and a fast enough rotation speed it could be done.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Its April 20th and it's snowing here. :o

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2021
    I received this advert from Car Gurus yesterday.
    Is this a great deal as advertised?

Edit--Oops on further inspection, 1 accident was reported

CPO 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 4MATIC Sedan AWD - $36,700. 9-speed, I4 Black on black, 22,570 miles
    VIN: WDDZF4KB5JA378666
    Stock #: DM2273
    Major Options:
    Sport Package, Sunroof/Moonroof, Navigation System, Alloy Wheels, Premium 1 Package, Backup Camera, Parking Sensors, Android Auto, CarPlay
    Certified: Yes.
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d76&zip=02021&sourceContext=affiliateBostonDotComUSED_false_0&affiliatePartner=p160#listing=297984150

driver100 said:

Exactly.
    2015 Mustang GT ............0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds.....Bad Boy!

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Exactly.
    How about cutting that time almost in half for under $20K

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Exactly.
    How about cutting it in half again for under $10000

0 to 60 in 12.1 seconds!

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255

@abacomike

I saw one at a Columbus store that had a white with a blue interior. Despite a drab outside color

Navy Blue exterior and black/beige interior - nothing worth taking a photo- trust me.

2021 Genesis G90

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    Genesis called me - radio is on back order - they have no idea when one will be available. I will know more later today. You would think they would air-freight it from Korea to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, but that makes too much sense.

2021 Genesis G90

edited April 2021
    abacomike said:

@abacomike

Navy Blue exterior and black/beige interior - nothing worth taking a photo- trust me.
    10-4 good buddy.

How many remember the days when handles weren't your username on FB or twitter or some other trendy internet puff?

I listened to an older guy talk about his handle on the CB while he drove a semi on a regular route from Boston to Wheeling.

I never had a handle? I just listened mostly when making longer drives or on a trip.
    Anyone else?

venture said:

Not really, the atmosphere of mars is as thin as earths is at an altitude of 22+ miles, we have had experimental jet aircraft hit those heights. So its conceivable that with a wing span large enough and a fast enough rotation speed it could be done.
    Mars air pressure is only .088 psi equal to about 100,000 feet high on earth. At that altitude your blood would boil without a space suit. The SR 71 might have gotten that high but mostly it would only be possible with Ram jets or rockets like the X15.

It’s obviously possible but it’s still pretty impressive that they can do it in such thin air.

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Exactly.
    How about cutting it in half again for under $10000

0 to 60 in 12.1 seconds!
    Going the wrong way aren't we?

abacomike said:

Genesis called me - radio is on back order - they have no idea when one will be available. I will know more later today. You would think they would air-freight it from Korea to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, but that makes too much sense.

Well if it's on back order they are out of them and are waiting to get one to ship to you. They can't ship it to you if they don't have it.

abacomike said:

Well if it's on back order they are out of them and are waiting to get one to ship to you. They can't ship it to you if they don't have it.
    OK, what kind of bike can you buy that does 0 to 60 in 2.2 seconds?
    I thought you were looking at halving my cost of transportation.

Small victory.

The low battery key fob warning turns out to be just that. I got the batteries changed and problem solved.

Nice to have a repair bill under 20 bucks for a change.

abacomike said:

It is frustrating but they can only do what they can do. The main problem is they are putting all their eggs in one basket....you could wait for the new radio and that might not be the problem. Not my field but I think it is more likely a programing fault.....or did they check that out completely?

Like I said, when we went to pick up the 2013 Audi A4 they tried to hook up our Bluetooth. The tech guy spent a fair bit of time, he said it was a programing problem, take the car and when they have it figured out they will call us in. It took about a week before Audi Head Office - probably Germany came up with a plan.

Small victory.

The low battery key fob warning turns out to be just that. I got the batteries changed and problem solved.

Battery should be under $5, hope you didn't pay too much! :D

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    Nice low mileage and I like that it is a luxury trim car (formal grille, hood star, less cladding, etc), not highly loaded though. At one time I would have said the price was normal, but everything is inflated by 20% these days, so it's probably fine, especially if it has a good warranty.
    bwia said:

CPO 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 4MATIC Sedan AWD - $36,700. 9-speed, I4 Black on black, 22,570 miles
    Major Options:
    Sport Package, Sunroof/Moonroof, Navigation System, Alloy Wheels, Premium 1 Package, Backup Camera, Parking Sensors, Android Auto, CarPlay
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d76&zip=02021&sourceContext=affiliateBostonDotComUSED_false_0&affiliatePartner=p160#listing=297984150

Small victory.

Did that battery have to be "registered" to the FOB?

fintail said:

Nice low mileage and I like that it is a luxury trim car (formal grille, hood star, less cladding, etc), not highly loaded though. At one time I would have said the price was normal, but everything is inflated by 20% these days, so it's probably fine, especially if it has a good warranty.

bwia said:

Major Options:

Just 3 problems for me; That's a 4 cylinder model I think, black interior not my preference, especially with a black exterior, and as you know, I prefer the Sport Grill as do 90% of the buyers :p

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

Well I do think I said almost in half and the Yamaha YZF-R1M is supposed to do it in 2.3 seconds, the Suzuki GSX-R1000 will do it in 2.35 seconds.

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,163

Small victory.

You mean they didn't steal it from you? I thought there was a vicious fob cabal at Kia. :wink:

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    Yes, that's a 4cyl. Probably 90% of sedans are the 4cyl, just like at least 90% are the "sport" trim - my car not being "sport" was a big attraction. Black is fine if there's no sun and it never gets dirty! :)
    driver100 said:

Just 3 problems for me; That's a 4 cylinder model I think, black interior not my preference, especially with a black exterior, and as you know, I prefer the Sport Grill as do 90% of the buyers :p

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

Well I do think I said almost in half and the Yamaha YZF-R1M is supposed to do it in 2.3 seconds, the Suzuki GSX-R1000 will do it in 2.35 seconds.
    How about 0 to 60 in .8 seconds (1 minute);
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRpMV-Gf0hA

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

Lets keep it street legal.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    abacomike said:

Well, I know where there is one - in the loaner G90 you are currently driving. Why not swap the two units and get you back in your new car? The loaner can wait.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

driver100 said:

bwia said:

driver100 said:

@bwia
    You seem to have a thing for electric cars these days.....what is going on?
    Those Toyotas look like Darth Vaders car.
    It seems to me they are making lots of advances with electrics.......if you buy too early your car might be out of date within a year.

@driver100 Yes of course. Electric vehicles are becoming ubiquitous and with government mandates zero emissions cars will be the only vehicles on the road which is a good thing for the environment. No?

Doesn't producing electricity to run all these cars create pollution too! And if we all plug in our cars at the same time do we have enough power to supply the cars and homes and businesses?
    I think my biggest drawbacks are distance, and do I really want to spend $50000 on something that could be dated next year......just saying........

That’s a question I’ve always wondered about. Which is the most efficient way of delivering motive energy, by fossil fuel made centralized plant production through the grid and into your vehicle or produced by your vehicle for direct use. Also, what is the carbon equivalent of both methods?

Ideally, power would be produced by renewable sources but I doubt that existing capacity could handle both structures and automobiles anytime soon.

abacomike said:

Probably being affected by the chip shortage too.

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

It is frustrating but they can only do what they can do. The main problem is they are putting all their eggs in one basket....you could wait for the new radio and that might not be the problem. Not my field but I think it is more likely a programing fault.....or did they check that out completely?

Like I said, when we went to pick up the 2013 Audi A4 they tried to hook up our Bluetooth. The tech guy spent a fair bit of time, he said it was a programing problem, take the car and when they have it figured out they will call us in. It took about a week before Audi Head Office - probably Germany came up with a plan.
    My two newer cars have all that high tech stuff but I’ll never know if any of it works.

driver100 said:

Small victory.

Battery should be under $5, hope you didn't pay too much! :D
    About $7 for each fob. I didn’t know there were two batteries in each one.

dino001 said:

Small victory.

You mean they didn't steal it from you? I thought there was a vicious fob cabal at Kia. :wink:
    LOL, no. This was for the Ford.

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

OK, now we are making up rules as we go along. :(

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

No, in the context of the discussion I would think street legal would be implied. Or I could talk about a fighter coming off an aircraft carrier getting to 170 MPH in 2 seconds.

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

No, in the context of the discussion I would think street legal would be implied. Or I could talk about a fighter coming off an aircraft carrier getting to 170 MPH in 2 seconds.
    OK....here's one for you;
    What Is The Fastest Street Legal Car 0-60?
    The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the fastest production car from 0 to 60 mph as of 2020. You can’t buy it anymore because production ended in 2019, but you can find some on used car market with a bit of luck. This drag-ready beast will take you to 60 mph in an amazing 2.1 seconds.
    btw, for the record 808 hp.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    Well. I think it finally happened. There's no way to get to my house without going through some kind of construction. B)

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    My bike is slow, but at least it looks like it looks a bit like its Challenge Cup kin...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    qbrozen said:

On the Toyota topic... no road feel, bland styling, no soul, reliable ... yup, that’s a Toyota (no, the Z4 rebadge and BRZ rebadge don’t count). No reason to expect it to magically change.

No, wife hasn’t driven anything yet. I’ll have to drag her to dealers in the summer.

Newer Toyotas are much better (road feel, etc.)