Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    I love it. A manageable enough size to now be a hassle to live with, but big enough to be practical. I even like that color! Not a fan of the rotary shift selector, but can live with that.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Just read the article. Surprised to see standard hybrid. Especially at that price.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    tjc78 said:

Should have been a Ranchero!

Posted a quick Tiktok video about it over on CCBA

Tiktok? Is the Maverick made in China? :o

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    They should have used this emblem:

Cut down a CUV/SUV and make that the Ranchero.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084
    fintail said:

They should have used this emblem:

Cut down a CUV/SUV and make that the Ranchero.

In the comment section of the Jalopnik article, there are some decent renditions of single cab, or extra cab versions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

They likely exist, even if just for other markets.

• bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,466

Maverick is a name the Ford already owns, so I think that's one of the reasons it was used.
    Personally, I not a fan of it. I like your preferences better.
    Based on the Escape, so now 3 models use that platform. Escape, Bronco Sport, Maverick.

Maybe Ford had a few hundred thousand Maverick badges getting dusty in a warehouse.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    The new Toyota Corolla Cross is exactly what I'm looking for, truth be told. I wanted a Rav4 but it's a bit too big for my needs but the Corolla Cross fits the bill 100%! And I'd be going back to "cheap to keep", something I'd like right now. Even if I don't lease it, I can see me holding onto it for a pretty long time especially since I'm no longer putting 13K on my vehicle every year. If I do 5K, I'd be lucky. Love that exact color also, a light blue over a light interior, and I'll be a happy camper.
    The new Ford truck looks to be almost the same size as the Ranger. But assuming it's a few inches smaller. The dash looks a lot like the Ecosport but not surprised about that really, using the same parts drawer for many of their current vehicles makes sense in so many ways. Am sure they'll sell a boat load of them to folks like me who just want a small vehicle, something under 176", with a lot of versatility. Big vehicles are no longer the norm for so many of us who don't need or want all that extra wasted space. And with a smaller vehicle hopefully will come higher mileage, a win/win for us all.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,851

I just don’t understand with the little bit of miles you put on to get something that isn’t exactly what you want to save a few bucks in possible out of warranty repairs. Even the most unreliable cars are pretty safe to 50K miles. That’s ten years, but then you’ll have most likely traded out.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

tjc78 said:

I just don’t understand with the little bit of miles you put on to get something that isn’t exactly what you want to save a few bucks in possible out of warranty repairs. Even the most unreliable cars are pretty safe to 50K miles. That’s ten years, but then you’ll have most likely traded out.

Yes, Sandy, I believe you need to think this through a bit more. I've gone both routes, leasing and buying, because, like you, I always liked having a vehicle that was under warranty. That's especially true these days with cars being so complex and expensive to fix if the electronics go bad.

One way to do that is leasing. But the thing is that if you get a good lease payment offered to you, that often means the residual at the end is artificially high, more than what the vehicle sells for 3 years or so on. That means buying the car at that point becomes uneconomical because you are paying more for it than the market value, maybe thousands more. So what always happens is that the dealer will put you into a new lease with an attractive payment for another 3 years. Great, except that it is very hard to get off the leasing train once you get on, so you are always making a monthly payment. If you aren't driving a whole lot, it makes even less sense.

For someone in your situation with little mileage accumulated each year, a purchase makes more sense, it seems to me. Buy the vehicle, add an extended warranty if you want, and keep it for 6, 8 or even 10 years. The repair costs you might encounter over that time, given your low mileage driven, should be far less than those monthly lease payments. If you're like me, it is the desire for something new and different that will push you into a new vehicle eventually, not the repair costs.

Or get a Hyundai. Warranty comes standard!

Sandy, the Maverick is about one foot shorter than a ranger, but also 8-10” narrower. So much smaller footprint and should be a lot more maneuverable.

I agree with the others. Get what you really want. Worry about any warranty 3-4 years down the line!

Then if I get what I really want, leaning towards the Toyota Corolla Cross right now. I think it'll give me exactly what I'm looking for right now, that reliability and peace of mind. Love the two tone interior and since it's a Toyota, reliability shouldn't be an issue. And in a perfect world, get one the last week of 2021 closer to December 30th, as I like doing this in December actually. Of course I'll test drive the Taos, Mini Cooper Countryman and the new for 2022 Chevy Bolt EV, the smaller one plus the Corolla Cross. All around the size I need and all ones I think I'd be happy with honestly. And to be totally happy, 0% financing would just be the icing on the cake! Taking all that cash out would mean playing with my portfolio which is something I don't want to do right now and hate to empty out the emergency account either. So, if the 0% financing will still be in place, I'd be very pleased. And the more I do think about it, with the amount of miles I do drive, a lease just doesn't seem to make sense honestly. And it's true, I can always buy an extened warranty if I feel the need to depending on hat I actually do end up with.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Almost time to go into work and naturally, it's pouring outside! Guessing the rainy season has finally started as we've had a lot of rain these past few days. Got off to a slow start this year as May was a bit on the drier side but we're happy to have the rains come. The lawn is green and lush as are all the other lawns in the neighborhood. Think I might even turn off the sprinklers if it does keep raining every day. Still glad I spent the $ fixing them after such a long time.

Toyota joins the parade of ugly/aggressive truck faces with the upcoming new Tundra.

worse than the "tough" styling, is they made it so tall like the other brands, that just kills forward visibility.

Toyota does ugly front ends well.

a few new cars in my neighborhood. Mentioned a family added an Outback XT. Not the house next to them has a new, bright blue, Elantra. Definitely got some styling going on with that one.

I expect that Tundra to be driven with care and courtesy.

I am waiting for an appliance company to make a line of aggressive toasters and microwaves.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,253
    Except for the front end, that's a very GM looking copy.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

The grill, the black wheels, the kick up at the rear door and the fake vent looking thing under the headlights is so full of fail.

Doesn’t matter they will sell as many as they can make.

The upkick towards the C-pillar is a Toyota thing now, some boring beard-stroking "designer" probably says it adds "character".

To be fair the Silverado has that same kick up in the rear too. Just noticed it on my neighbors truck

I see that on the ColoCans, too.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    ab348 said:

tjc78 said:

Should have been a Ranchero!

Posted a quick Tiktok video about it over on CCBA

Tiktok? Is the Maverick made in China? :o
    You're thinking of the Buick Envision. ;)
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    edited June 2021
    Saw a new NSX this morning, I'm surprised sightings are so rare, I live 2 miles from the local Acura dealer.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    The only time I've seen the current NSX is in the Acura showroom. There it is locked and roped off.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Same here. Sharp looking though!

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    I wonder how much cheaper it would be (and how many more they'd sell) if they got rid of all the hybrid tech on it. I read they had to work very hard to get the hybrid version to perform better than a non-hybrid one.
    first new Tucson in the wild. Looks good (at least from the back and side). Bigger than the last version it seems. I like it.

@stickguy said:
    first new Tucson in the wild. Looks good (at least from the back and side). Bigger than the last version it seems. I like it.

I don’t think there is a vehicle in the Hyundai lineup I don’t like. I’d buy another one in a minute.

For 2022, a 280 HP Kona N coming out. That could be fun!

Yeah that could get you in some trouble.

There are two Hyundai dealers here and if you look at the online reviews they could not be further apart. One is almost all positive, but the other one is an absolute horror show. It makes me wonder how much those get checked by prospective customers, because reading the horror show ones, nobody would be crazy enough to deal with that bunch.

I used 4 by me to buy or service. All were fine, a couple very good, every bit as nice as the Honda dealers. No hesitation at all buying another one related to the dealers.

Kia, well, different story by me!

I’d cringe to buy a Kia in our area.

Looks like my next door neighbor just bought something to replace his well used 1st gen pilot. Shiny dark gray highlander hybrid with temp tags. Still has Pilot in the garage so not sure what they are doing with that.

Sharp looking, but looks much longer than the Pilot.

Saw 2x Bronco Sport today, it's a car. Waiting to see the non-Sport, I've read rumors of enormous ADMs.
    I think someone around the corner replaced their red RX350 with a white Mach E.
    Looks good from the back.
    edited July 2021
    Went on a brief car browse drive, as I was getting wonky TPMS readings from one wheel and needed an excuse to get out and observe it. Buick/GMC dealer has a ton of stock, Toyolex and Honda pretty barren (most noteworthy 2x LX, no Landcruisers or anything similarly rare), Subaru wasn't packed either. Stopped at the Jag/LR dealer to look at a Defender like @jpp75 's cool new ride, none in stock, but they did have a surprising amount of Velars. Talked to a chipper young salesman who was surprised by the wagon, said he'd never seen one like it. Then it started getting hot, so I headed for home - TPMS is happy again.

Haven't visited the local MB and BMW stores yet (former only for maintenance), as 95% of their inventory seems to be CUVs.
    on temp tags, new design MDX. Looked good in person. Lot nicer than the outgoing model.

My first Mach E running around. I actually really like the looks of it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    stickguy said:

I saw my first one, about 15 minutes after reading your post.

Nice looking crossover EV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

stickguy said:

What a shock!!! :D

• boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Saw a new 3 series convertible in white coming towards me. I may be the odd one here but I actually liked the front end even though before I thought it was ugly. It just had presence from afar.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

boomchek said:

Saw a new 3 series convertible in white coming towards me. I may be the odd one here but I actually liked the front end even though before I thought it was ugly. It just had presence from afar.

3, or 4?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Michaell said:

boomchek said:

3, or 4?
    Ha, it was a 4. I'm still living in the 90s and 00s calling any 3 series variant a 3 series, whether it's a coupe or sedan lol

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

Saw an electric Mustang CUV on the road today.
    Also saw a VW EV. ia4? Whatever they call it. Not bad looking b

stickguy said:

Also saw a VW EV. ia4? Whatever they call it. Not bad looking b

ID.4 - yes, I agree they are handsome looking.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

But they are big! Bigger than I want. Nice looking though. I did sit in a Bolt last week and one can tell immediately that it's a Chevy. Not a bad thing but not sure I really would like one as my d d.