Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    I'll have to do a little more research. It's the dust and down time that I'm not fond of.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    We recently added hardwood to our living room. To finish that, plus refinish our existing floors (about 900 sq feet) took a week (sand, stain, poly). Then, maybe 3-4 more days to completely dry.

The new wood was installed the previous week, but the finishers started on Monday, finished on Saturday, and it was Wednesday before we got back on them. (about 10 days)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,098
    kyfdx said:

ab348 said:

When the carpet was pulled up in my place the floors were in really great shape for the most part. Mine are maple and have the original 1950s shellac and paste wax finish which gives a nice warm look to them. The story is that they were only exposed from 1955 when new to around 1970 or so when the carpet was put in, which makes some sense given their condition. The only issue is that in the bedroom a previous owner must have had an area rug under the bed so around the perimeter they decided to put varnish or varathane on the exposed part, which doesn't look horrible but is noticeable. Not bad enough to get it refinished with all the upset that would cause but you can see it.

Maple floors!
    Here’s a quick pic of what they look like in my LR/DR. I gave them a cleaning after they were exposed but I need to do that again and give them a wax job somehow. I have an old floor polisher with the lambswool pad like I recall Mom using when I was a kid, but don’t recall how she applied the wax. Maybe it was just on her hands and knees with a cloth, but I dunno.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Those are great looking.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,567
    venture said:

I'll have to do a little more research. It's the dust and down time that I'm not fond of.

————————————————
    Believe it or not there wasn’t that much dust but there is some. The guy told me that his belt sander has very good vacuum and he was right. The reason I want to wait until Spring is more because of the smell than the dust. I can aerate the house better in the Spring than in the Winter.

Before the first job I remember asking him why his sander was so good with dust pickup and he said his sander/vacuum was an industrial more powerful unit than what most guys use which he felt were mere toys compared to his because his unit ran on 220 volts whereas everyone else including the rental places ran on 110 volts. The power cord for that beast was number 10/3 copper. He connected the cord directly to the panel by disconnecting the wires to the A/C breaker and connecting it right there. It worked as advertised.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    ab348 said:

kyfdx said:

ab348 said:

When the carpet was pulled up in my place the floors were in really great shape for the most part. Mine are maple and have the original 1950s shellac and paste wax finish which gives a nice warm look to them. The story is that they were only exposed from 1955 when new to around 1970 or so when the carpet was put in, which makes some sense given their condition. The only issue is that in the bedroom a previous owner must have had an area rug under the bed so around the perimeter they decided to put varnish or varathane on the exposed part, which doesn't look horrible but is noticeable. Not bad enough to get it refinished with all the upset that would cause but you can see it.

Maple floors!
    Here’s a quick pic of what they look like in my LR/DR. I gave them a cleaning after they were exposed but I need to do that again and give them a wax job somehow. I have an old floor polisher with the lambswool pad like I recall Mom using when I was a kid, but don’t recall how she applied the wax. Maybe it was just on her hands and knees with a cloth, but I dunno.

————————————————
    I know a couple guys that could make that floor look great. :p

Just kidding, enjoy.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    You know how the car dealers and indie garages try to sell you extra stuff these days.....cabin filters, alignment, brake fluid, nitrogen in tires etc.
    We just had our heat pump/a.c. unit serviced. We have used this company for 10 years and they have never charged extra, we always only pay for a service call which is $110, and takes 90 minutes.
    This time "The Guy" said your unit is 18 years old and the old coolant can't be replaced, so if it goes it will cost a lot to refill it and it will still be old and could go. He recommended getting a new 3 ton unit, and they would send someone to do a free estimate.
    When I hear the word "FREE" my radar is tuned to high.
    Does it make sense to get a new unit....because this one might breakdown? Wouldn't that be the time to get a new unit? If it is losing coolant then something else is probably broken, so it probably wouldn't pay to refill it and fix it at that point....lifespan is normally 15 years for these things.
    Oh man, everyone is trying to sell extras these days.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    I think you probably mean refrigerant and there have been lots of changes in refrigerant types over 18 years and lots of the older types are no longer being made and hence are very expensive. For me an 18 year old A/C is like an 18 y-o refrigerator, on borrowed time. If yours is leaking refrigerant that is a bad thing and it would be failing pretty soon. You’re in Florida so it won’t be like-threatening if you run it until it breaks, but you would probably get a new one that is more efficient and save some $ on your electric bill if you did it proactively.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

If it leaked and needs recharging it is time. But if not, no reason to do it now. The only incentive is not worrying about if it fails when it is really hot. But since it could last for years, if you candle handle sweating for a few days. I would let it ride.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,934

@driver100

He is correct that the older R-22 Refrigerant is discontinued and very expensive right now. If the unit is charged properly and working well… do nothing. If a leak comes up and/or a major component fails I would replace.

At my old home I was told this exact same thing. I ran that unit for 5 more years with no issues and only replaced it during the remodel where I needed a larger unit.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,990
    We finally had our winter HVAC check up yesterday. It should have done sooner but there was a mix up on setting the appointment. We have two systems. The primary system, it is a ranch floor plan, was replaced about 5 years ago. The system for the upstairs bonus room is original to the house and has never needed repair. A, plus, that room isn’t used much so that system stays turned off, however, that is where I have my desk when I work from home every other week. The technician found a crack allowing carbon monoxide to escape through the duct work to such a level the gas has been shut off. The AC still is operable. I think we will replace the entire system rather than patch work a repair on a 19 year old system.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    @driver100, I’m in the camp if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. No one knows how long that unit will last and it’s just a guess by anyone who says it’s ready to go because of age. If you can live with the inconvenience of it failing, and it will someday, and when you least expect it, I’d wait. So, my advice is to wait 5 or 6 years maybe even 7 or 8, then be proactive.

jmonroe
  • Options
    sda said:

The system for the upstairs bonus room is original to the house and has never needed repair. A, plus, that room isn’t used much so that system stays turned off, however, that is where I have my desk when I work from home every other week. The technician found a crack allowing carbon monoxide to escape through the duct work to such a level the gas has been shut off. The AC still is operable. I think we will replace the entire system rather than patch work a repair on a 19 year old system.

My gas furnace is 17 years old and I was worried about something like that given its age. It only gets used for 3-4 months in the winter but a crack in the heat exchanger is very bad. I have a CO detector but I wanted to be certain so I had it serviced and inspected in the fall with no issues found which was a relief. Up here they are pushing heat pumps to replace combustion furnaces but they have their own issues.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,326
    I'm pretty sure 'cracked heat exchanger' when it comes to furnaces is kind of like 'only driven by an old lady on Sundays to go to church' when it comes to used cars.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Thanks for the excellent comments guys...much appreciated. It confirmed my untrained thoughts.
    Another factor to consider, we are only here for 5 months of the year, so it doesn't work too hard in the summer...it is set to 84 when we aren't here. It is 18 years old but is more like a 9 year old based on the usage.
    Electricity runs about $45 a month when we are here, less than $20 a month when we aren't here, so the a/c doesn't work at maximum capacity.
    btw...it passed the inspection as being as good as can be.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    @driver100
    If I understand this, your 18-year old isn't used so much during the 5 months
    when you are there because it's "winter." And during the HOT season, 7 months,
    it's set at 84 (probably could be warmer) and it runs much less than we would
    usually expect a straight AC unit to run. So compared to the typical AC unit
    in FL it's likely 1/3 the run time on it.
    Our heat pump, a more complicated piece with valving to switch from AC to heat,
    lasted 23 years IIRC. It had a scroll compressor. The pressure controls on both the
    outside unit and inside unit had to be replaced. The indoor blower fan had to be replaced
    earlier (I should have replaced whole unit then). I think that was at about 12 years, maybe
    But our heat pump runs in winter and runs in summer. Lots of hours on it.

I'd just wait for something to fail. Maybe do some preshopping with a repair
    replacement company there that's reputable so you have in mind what you want.
    If the thing fails, either you'll be in Canada all nice and cool, or you'll be there during
    your 5-month stay when the temps are "winter" and a failed unit can be suffered
    to get a replacement in 3 or 5 days since those temps aren't anything like "summer"
    in FL.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    @imidazol97 You are correct in your assessment of our situation.....I go along with your plan. The worst scenario I think would be we are back home in the summer, and there are high 90s or 100F temps, and we have to buy a unit quickly, but that is a worst case scenario and we can probably manage it with help from our neighbor letting the work guys in.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    @driver100
    Preshop. Visit the showroom for some installer/repair that you trust and let
    their salesman show you the difference in replacement models as to efficiency
    vs cost.
    Look at what people in similar homes in your community have installed recently.
    I found there was a loss of reward in spending more to get higher efficiency.
    However, there may be electric company rewards for installing units of at least
    a certain efficiency level. Just keep up on what's out there, so when the phone
    call from you neighbor comes in summer and says your outside unit was making
    a grinding sound..., and the inside is above the thermostat setting..., you know
    what you want.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    @imidazol97 A great plan....I like it! :)

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    edited February 9
    OF, my wife works for TurboTax so if you have any questions, let me know and am sure she'll be able to help ya. She's been doing taxes for years now, she's a CPA, and seems to know what she's doing. If you run into any issues, shoot me a line and I'll get you in touch with her. A few of my co-workers have called her & she always helps them out.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    I know this topic has about run its course, but here's the furniture put back where it was. This is before Mrs. venture got home to straighten everything out.

Now I can start pulling out those giant, 1 1/4", staples a little at a time. Refinishing will be scheduled for Spring or early Summer.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,678

OF, my wife works for TurboTax so if you have any questions, let me know and am sure she'll be able to help ya. She's been doing taxes for years now, she's a CPA, and seems to know what she's doing. If you run into any issues, shoot me a line and I'll get you in touch with her. A few of my co-workers have called her & she always helps them out.

Thanks for the offer.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    venture said:

I know this topic has about run its course, but here's the furniture put back where it was. This is before Mrs. venture got home to straighten everything out.

Now I can start pulling out those giant, 1 1/4", staples a little at a time. Refinishing will be scheduled for Spring or early Summer.

————————————————-
    I can already see those accent pillows being rearranged and those coffee mugs disappearing. Show us the final redo.

You should sue the installers that used those 1 1/4” inch staples. :#

jmonroe
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

————————————————-

You should sue the installers that used those 1 1/4” inch staples. :#

jmonroe
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you have a problem with installers or with "The Guy", then call Morgan and Morgan now.
    Morgan and Morgan, for the people!

• Options
    edited February 10
    As if to reinforce my lack of faith in humanity, some dope tweaked my bumper and popped a corner out.

I took it to the guy and was told I need a new bumper because it wasn’t just popped clips but an actual tear in the plastic where it meets the fender. Fortunately, he said he can glue it back in place and I’ll never see the difference. It just angers me that people these day refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

As if to reinforce my lack of faith in humanity, some dope tweaked my bumper and popped a corner out.

I took it to the guy and was told I need a new bumper because it wasn’t just popped clips but an actual tear in the plastic where it meets the fender. Fortunately, he said he can glue it back in place and I’ll never see the difference. It just angers me that people these day refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

————————————————-
    That is more than aggravating.

I was lucky when the college student across the street admitted fault when she backed into Mrs. j when they were both backing out of their driveways. Mrs. j saw her coming and slammed the Subie (only a couple weeks old) into drive to try getting back into our driveway. But she still got hit before getting into our driveway. The kid admitted being well over the center line of the street. If she didn’t do that I think each insurance company would pay to have their insured cars fixed and probably a rate increase for both of us.

Sometimes you get lucky and find a responsible driver.

jmonroe
  • Options
    OK, I’d like to get opinions on the most important bet for the Super Bowl:

Will or will not Taylor Swift get a marriage proposal at half time?

I want to get my money down early.😱

• Options
    @oldfarmer50 Gluing is by far the best option at this point. Is that the KIA....it doesn't look like a Mustang or van....could be the Sebring but it is probably stored for the winter....right?
    That is so frustrating....people not taking responsibility.

A guy at tennis said he went to watch his grandson play baseball. He was surprised that the kids don't keep score.....they just play. The kids do keep score in their heads, but not officially. Those kids will grow up never learning one of the most important things in life.....that it is OK to lose and you learn a lot from losing. You have to learn losing is OK and sets you on the path to become better.......and do things like take responsibility for your loss and your actions.

Taylor Swift and a ring....I never thought of that, gives me a topic for our pre-game dinner.

• Options

OK, I’d like to get opinions on the most important bet for the Super Bowl:

Will or will not Taylor Swift get a marriage proposal at half time?

I want to get my money down early.😱

————————————————
    Good luck with that.

I guess the next thing you’ll want are the odds of having a maintenance free year out of a rust free German car from Florida with 250K miles.

jmonroe
  • Options
    Speaking of Florida cars, I think this is what my BIL was facing:

https://youtu.be/rZkIcofhcio?si=dWJF9ZAeso-Ai3nn

• Options
    @oldfarmer50
    I would read over any dealership documents carefully before signing. I see this dealers ads on TV all the time, and they sound too good to be true.

On their website they have a new 2024 Accord Hybrid for $359 a month. Sounds good until you read the fine print;
    36 month lease payments are plus tax, tag, title, registration with $4,995 due at lease signing. 10,000 miles per year. Payment includes all applicable Honda factory to dealer incentives. Payment does not include a pre-delivery service fee of $1,198, Private Tag Agency Fee of $189, and Electronic Registration Filing Fee of $559.55, which charges represent costs and profits to the dealer for items such as inspecting, cleaning, and adjusting vehicles and preparing documents related to the sale. New Vehicle pricing excludes the $3,971 Brandon Honda Protection Package

Buyer beware!

• Options
    I find it incredible that those outrageous pandemic rip offs seem to have become a permanent fixture of dealers in some areas.

This has to a uniquely Florida problem. My last new car purchase I made what I thought was a fair offer including doc fees and they accepted it.

• Options

I find it incredible that those outrageous pandemic rip offs seem to have become a permanent fixture of dealers in some areas.

This has to a uniquely Florida problem. My last new car purchase I made what I thought was a fair offer including doc fees and they accepted it.

and state government could easily address the problem to protect the citizens of the state, which is their job at it's core. They just prefer to take payola instead. and focus on nonsense stuff to provide cover and keep them in position to get more of it.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Haven't bought a vehicle since December of 2014 and things have sure changed...big time! Prices I'm seeing are outrageous and are making me have second thoughts about doing anything. Did see a new white Mini Cooper CountrymanS in the showroom this morning but afraid to ask the price. Betting it'll be close to $37K which is so much more then I really want to spend. Guessing the new $20K vehicle is now $35K, something I can't wrap my head around. Guess the crazy prices & that I can't find something I really want have kept me on the sidelines and think...I'll be there going forward for a while longer!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,166
    stickguy said:

and state government could easily address the problem to protect the citizens of the state, which is their job at it's core. They just prefer to take payola instead. and focus on nonsense stuff to provide cover and keep them in position to get more of it.
    Florida government is bought by car dealers. They are probably largest or at least one if the largest donor groups.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    dino001 said:

stickguy said:

Florida government is bought by car dealers. They are probably largest or at least one if the largest donor groups.
    ————————————————-
    Aren’t they called lobbyists in Florida like the rest of the states that are corrupt?

jmonroe
  • Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Mahomes is great, but he should have handed that MVP trophy directly to Chris Jones and the defense.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954

@houdini1 said:
    Mahomes is great, but he should have handed that MVP trophy directly to Chris Jones and the defense.

100% the defense won that game

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954

@Sandman6472 said:
    Haven't bought a vehicle since December of 2014 and things have sure changed...big time! Prices I'm seeing are outrageous and are making me have second thoughts about doing anything. Did see a new white Mini Cooper CountrymanS in the showroom this morning but afraid to ask the price. Betting it'll be close to $37K which is so much more then I really want to spend. Guessing the new $20K vehicle is now $35K, something I can't wrap my head around. Guess the crazy prices & that I can't find something I really want have kept me on the sidelines and think...I'll be there going forward for a while longer!

How much was your Golf?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,934

@Sandman6472

Sounds to me like you just don’t want to part with the money for a new car. Things are expensive, more so than ever. Quite honestly I wish I liked cars that were only $35K. You only live once! You are semi-retired, by all counts I read here very fiscally conservative and not in 100% best health.

Don’t allow what you think should be the price of something deter you. If your heart tells you that it’s new car time - do it.

Personally I’d finance all of it except whatever the trade in value of the Golf is. Keep the money where it is and I’m sure your rental car gig will cover the monthly. Yeah interest rates are up, but can always refinance if they come done enough.

My unsolicited .02

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options

If the dealer mark ups and mandatory additional equipment are still in force for Florida, I’d go to a different state.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366
    tjc78 said:

@Sandman6472

Sounds to me like you just don’t want to part with the money for a new car. Things are expensive, more so than ever. Quite honestly I wish I liked cars that were only $35K. You only live once! You are semi-retired, by all counts I read here very fiscally conservative and not in 100% best health.

Don’t allow what you think should be the price of something deter you. If your heart tells you that it’s new car time - do it.

Personally I’d finance all of it except whatever the trade in value of the Golf is. Keep the money where it is and I’m sure your rental car gig will cover the monthly. Yeah interest rates are up, but can always refinance if they come done enough.

My unsolicited .02

As I've said before, no one lies on their deathbed wishing they'd bought insipid, anodyne appliances.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    houdini1 said:

————————————————
    I’m pretty sure Tom Brady gave away the truck he got, to his running back, when the Falcons choked away a 28-3 half time Super Bowl lead to the Patriots a few years ago. Kyle Shanahan was the OC of the Falcons when that happened. He and the head coach shouldn’t have been allowed into the locker room after the game for that debacle.

Shanahan has been given a lot of credit for growing a coaching tree but he still hasn’t grown one leaf on the Super Bowl bush. Enjoy the win.

Are you going to the Super Bowl parade?

jmonroe
  • Options
    edited February 13
    qbrozen said:

Nothing is 100% in this game. Besides, people always remember last important thing that happened, which in this case is the last drive in OT. Not to mention that it's always about QBs, no matter what. These quick short hands become compressed by the media to some completely ridiculous statements that make no sense whatsoever. The dumbest one to me is "duel between this QB and that QB" with all those split pictures and hours of totally nonsensical talk about their "duel". What duel? They're aren't even on the field at the same time. It's like saying "duel" between two pitchers, or of two goalkeepers in hokey or soccer (at least those are on the field at the same time).

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

dino001 said:

stickguy said:

————————————————-
    Aren’t they called lobbyists in Florida like the rest of the states that are corrupt?

jmonroe
    Not quite the same thing. Lobbyists are representatives of the interest groups, they are registered as such and are tasked to to officially advocate these interest by arranging meetings, speeches, commercials and other activities that allow both public and representatives to "understand" their point. I think they can give donations, but don't know the actual details or limits. "Donors" are the actual people who provided the money. My understanding is that that car dealers (directly or through their associations) are one of the largest source of political donations to Florida legislature and other campaigns.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    dino001 said:

qbrozen said:

@houdini1 said:

Nothing is 100% in this game. Besides, people always remember last important thing that happened, which in this case is the last drive in OT. Not to mention that it's always about QBs, no matter what. These quick short hands become compressed by the media to some completely ridiculous statements that make no sense whatsoever. The dumbest one to me is "duel between this QB and that QB" with all those split pictures and hours of totally nonsensical talk about their "duel". What duel? They're aren't even on the field at the same time. It's like saying "duel" between two pitchers, or of two goalkeepers in hokey or soccer (at least those are on the field at the same time).
    ————————————————-
    I agree. That’s media talk, they have to say something so they say that. It makes about as much sense as saying a WR beat another WR or a running back beat another running back and so on. I’ve watched a lot of football in my day, even played some, and I’ve never seen where that’s happened, even once. Now, that’s not to say one guy isn’t better at his position than the other but you have to go head to head to beat your opponent just like in boxing.

jmonroe
  • Options
    edited February 13
    dino001 said:

Nothing is 100% in this game. Besides, people always remember last important thing that happened, which in this case is the last drive in OT. Not to mention that it's always about QBs, no matter what. These quick short hands become compressed by the media to some completely ridiculous statements that make no sense whatsoever.

That reminds me of something that puzzles/annoys me. Some are making a big deal about players on the 49ers being unaware of the unique playoff overtime rules that were changed recently. Why they are different from the regular season rules I have not heard addressed, but that’s another discussion.

Dan Patrick, who I quite like most of the time, has harped on the Niners players being unaware of the playoff OT rules the last two days during his show as if it was a big failure by Shanahan. The coaching staff were aware and the rationale by SF was explained by Shanahan after the game. None of it was a sure thing and his explanation was as good as any other IMO. But because SF lost, Patrick is spinning the fact that the players did not universally know the OT rule as a failing of the Head Coach. Why, I’m unsure, as the players have no decision making power in this case. He seems to have an axe to grind when it comes to Shanahan. Meanwhile, the missed extra point that could have won the game for SF is ignored, as is the fumble by McCaffrey at the 10 early in the game which would have been another TD in all probability, and the flakey muffed punt that led to a KC touchdown. It disappoints me that most of the sports media does exactly what you described.

• Options

OT rules are different because you can’t have a tie.

• Options
    I finally like NFL OT rules, at least these in playoffs. In my opinion they were unfair until now, always favoring first receiving team (that's why every team winning the coin toss would take receiving rather than kicking). This was all done for expediency, not fair chance. Even previous rule of first touchdown ending the game was still quite skewed and unfair (not to mention first field goal in more distant path, that one was completely ridiculous). Finally we have both teams having true opportunity to score now and game ending after at least each team gets a chance or after a defensive score. I don't understand what took them so long to get there.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    @oldfarmer50 Billy Fuccillo died in June 2021. I was wondering why I hadn't seen him in any KIA ads.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8sDxfwER0