Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What about VW TDI engine?

Comments

• 8u6hfd8u6hfd Member Posts: 1,391
    Delvac is available in 15w40, in conventional oil form (Delvac 1300).

I'm able to find a local supplier in NE PA which sells it for less than avlube, after tax and before avlube's shipping charges.

www.mobil.com

using their distributor locator link

Brenntag Northeast, Inc

Pottsville Pike & Huller Lane

Reading, PA 19612

610-926-4151

Mauger & Co Inc

300 C Lawrence Rd.

West Chester, PA 19380

610-429-8200

http://www.prod.exxonmobil.com/channelpartners/

• m9431m9431 Member Posts: 38
    Excuse my typos in my original note. The synthetic versions are 5W40 and non-synthetic 15W40, Delvac or Rotella, diesel rated. My dealer installed Castrol Synthetic for $8 per quart. Seems that the TDI Club website really touts Delvac synthetic, which is also espensive. Rotella is usually available at WalMart inexpensively, either regular or synthetic. I just wonder how much of a difference exists between Rotella, DelVac and Castrol synthetics. Since the oil changes occur every 10k after break in, using a good oil is important. Have to wonder how much of this is marketing...
    The Castrol Syntec 5w40 for CF rated. The manual says CF-4 and CG-4 (more strict criteria than CF or CG).

Rotella T, I've heard at truck stops is a good product. Choose one brand of oil, and stick with it. It is a CH-4 oil, which supercedes CF-4 and CG-4.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Do you really need synthetic oil in TDI or it just marketing that hypes the synthetic to get more money? I've looked at the intakes of a few TDI motors that used regular oil instead of synthetic and they were significantly clogged compared to those using Delvac or Amsoil synthetic. So there is big plus for using synthetic right there. Another thing to consider is that the engine is turbocharged and a diesel which are both abusive on oil. The third thing is that the recommended change interval for the TDI on oil is 10,000 miles. Synthetic oils do not break down like dino oils do over this long changer interval. Oil analysis of synthetic vs. regular oil in the TDI has shown conclusively that wear metals and contaminants are very much higher in the regular oil compared to synthetic. Overall there is proof that synthetic is much better for TDI and it is the recommended oil from VW so I think it is very foolish to try to use regular oil.
  • jsstoverjsstover Member Posts: 40
    Okay, I want to make sure I am clear on this because I am getting close to my 5K interval.

I want Mobil Delvac Synthetic 5W-40 that is CF-4, CG-4, or CH-4 rated for my tdi?

Is there anything else? I live in Ohio, Should I start looking for an anti-gel diesel conditioner or is it already mixed at the pump? I buy Marathon(Ashland) diesel.

Thank you!
  • chmeeeechmeeee Member Posts: 327
    If it is cold enough in your region that gelling is a problem, then the supplier should be selling winterized fuel.
    Oils which are suitable for the full recommended oil change interval in all climates include, but aren't limited to:

Mobil Delvac 1, 5w40 (full synthetic, a reformulated version of Mobil 1 which is intended for diesel engines)

Chevron Delo 400, 5w40 (full synthetic version)

Shell Rotella T (full synthetic version, not to be confused with Rotella SB synthetic blend or regular Rotella T non-synthetic)

Amsoil Series 3000, 5w30 (full synthetic, CH-4 rated)

Amsoil High Performance, 10w40 (full synthetic, CH-4 rated)

Amsoil semi-synthetic 15w40 (CH-4 rated and high quality, but almost as expensive as the full synthetic, and higher viscosity at low temperatures)

Redline, synthetic version (make sure you get the type meant for diesel engines, with the CG-4 or CH-4 rating)

Also I would add that Valvoline Blue Extreme Synthetic 5W-40 is a good oil and the Rotella T synthetic is available at Walmart. As far as additives it is recommended that an additive such as Power Servcice be added at 4 to 8 oz per tank but is not required. http://www.powerservice.com/

The white bottle is for colder temps. though it can be used year round and the silver bottle is best used in warmer weather. The products are available at Walmart and many other locations. Farm supply stores often have best price on the additives.

there is a specific anti-gel formula also, in the blue bottle.

Diesel Kleen (Silver) and Fuel Conditioner (White) are available at Wal-Mart.

I use the Fuel Conditioner (white) year-round.
    Thanks for all of the info on synthetic oils for the TDi. Another question though.

Is there a recommendation on oil filter out there? Will any decent filter work? Or just pick a TDi specific filter from the dealership?

Also, do I need to replace the water separator filter or just drain it? If I have to replace it, can I pick one of those up at the parts website or right from the dealership. That isn't something I can get at the tractor supply store, right.
    Mann filters are recommended (and cheaper)

VW filters are fine

Purolator filters are fine (made in Germany and supplied by Hengst, one the OEM suppliers in germany)

www.vwparts.com
    also try www.dieselgeek.com

The water separator is part of the filter. Draining it is a waste of time for the most part. Replace it every 20,000 miles. They cost $47 at the dealership.
    Oil Filter: You are best to use the OEM one, they are 6 0r 7 bucks at the dealer, 6 at parts4vws.com. Don't let the dealer overcharge you, the first one I went to wanted $12.95 (Boston Volkswagen).

Water: Just drain it, although there really shouldnt be all that much if any, unless you are using bad fuel.
    Thanks for the info. I don't think I am using too bad of diesel. I buy Marathon (Ashland) Diesel. The only reason I go there is because its a local mom and pop outfit and I like to support them. Is BP or Shell any better or worse?
    I fill up where the trucks fill up (and there's a car pump).

Mine happens to be in New Jersey (cheaper than Eastern PA), at a Texaco station (using Spartan diesel fuel), down the street from the truck stop (which they undercut the real truck stop's price by 20 cents)

First frost warnings has already hit western PA....mental note...use the diesel treatment with anti-gel until we get winterized diesel fuel...
  • csurams85csurams85 Member Posts: 6
    A few questions about the TDI engine longevity:

1. I used Slick 50 and synthetic Pennzoil 5/30 on my Ford Probe. It had 190-k miles and NEVER had oil drips on the driveway and it used about ½ quart in 4000 miles. Will using Slick 50 or similar products improve engine longevity more then using synthetic oil alone? Any drawbacks?
    2. Would adding an engine oil cooler help increase engine life and decrease oil build up in the turbo charger oil passages?
    3. Is there an oil pump unit, I have heard of some, that would keep the oil flowing after engine shut down to help increase engine longevity?
    4. I used a newer type of Fram oil filter that is rated for around 6,000 miles and better filtering/more surface area, in the Probe. Could I use the same model of filter in a TDI engine?
    5. Is there an intercooler available for the TDI? Would there be any drawbacks to adding one?

Thanks for your help,
    Tim
  • natescapenatescape Member Posts: 176
    Those are tech questions. There's another board full of TDI geeks who would be able to answer them all, but we aren't allowed to mention it. Send me an email and I'll send you the URL.
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    http://www.tdiclub.com

I can help you with some stuff here though.

1. They say this stuff doesn't really work, and I never used it, so I can't really comment. If you used it before, then stick with what you know.

2. Let the turbo sit 30-60 seconds after you stop driving it. The car's engine fan will come on and run with the car off, if the engine is hot enough. Don't bother spending the extra money for the oil cooler, unless you wanna.

3. Don't know about this one. The link above might help you in that respect.

4. Only use the filter that's recommended for the TDI. The link above might help you with this one too.

5. The TDI's turbo already comes with an intercooler, I think. Again, the link I posted will help you with this too!

Good luck! :)

1. Use good quality 5w40 oil that is CF-4 certified.

2. Already has one

3. Idle the engine for about 30 seconds to a minute before turning it off (idle longer if you were driving it hard)

4. The current TDI motors don't use a cartridge, they are replaceable filter element only. The Fram Toughgards aren't available for the TDI, only ExtraGuards, and they are harder to find. The Purolator TDI filter is made in Germany by Hengst, a reputable German OEM supplier. Use that or Mann, or the dealership filter.

6. Already intercoooled. Look at the passenger side air duct and you'll see the intercooler.
  • m9431m9431 Member Posts: 38
    As new diesle newbie, I wonder about my TDi smoking when it's first started. Seems to do this more on cool days. If it was a gasoline engine, I'd be concerned but is this normal for my 2002 TDi with 7k miles? Engine runs fine otherwise with excellent power and 46 MPG. Seems that ALL diesel engines are louder in cold weather at least until they warm up.
    Yeap, pretty much the only time that I can smell my own exhaust is when I back out of my driveway on cold mornings, once the car is warm there is no odor. I dont know about visible smoke because I don't stand behind it. ;-) It is definitely louder and coarser as well, which keeps me from beating on it before its warmed up.
    Don't worry about it being loud/rough/smokey when it starts up on a cold day. :)
    Ever find your way home? Maybe mapquest could help! ;-)
    CARB (the California Air Resources Board) has changed their stance on diesel cars.

Clean-Air Czar of California Shifts to Accept Diesel Engines
    In Controversial Turn-Around, Regulator Sees Diesel as Alternative in Global-Warming Fight

The Wall Street Journal 10/24/02
    author: Jeffrey Ball
    (Copyright (c) 2001, Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

For years, Alan Lloyd has regarded diesel as a dirty word, synonymous with brown haze and cancer-causing black soot. It's a view he has shared with environmental activists across the U.S.

But in a striking change of heart that could alter the kinds of cars and trucks Americans drive, the chairman of the powerful California Air Resources Board is taking a new look at diesel vehicles. He thinks they're poised to emerge as part of the solution to a different environmental problem that's gaining more attention in the U.S.: global warming.

Coming from the head of California's famously pugnacious clean-air agency, that amounts to environmental apostasy. In the decades following World War II, California was a main instigator of the world's fight against smog, and it has waged that battle aggressively ever since. CARB's mandates for pollution cuts in everything from gas cans to lawnmowers to 18-wheelers have been celebrated by environmentalists, criticized by industry and mimicked by national governments from Washington to Europe.

Nowhere has CARB been more aggressive than in its campaign to clean up automobiles -- a priority that reflects California's position as the nation's biggest single auto market, accounting for 12% of U.S. sales. Over the years, CARB's edicts have often shaped Environmental Protection Agency policy and thus the way Detroit designs cars.

But now, Dr. Lloyd is being forced to address the issue of global warming, and here, diesel engines are the greener option because they don't pump out as much so-called greenhouse gas as gasoline engines do. Diesels still aren't as clean as their gasoline-powered cousins in terms of smog pollutants. But Dr. Lloyd says he has concluded that a new generation of high-tech diesels developed for Europe bear little resemblance to the smoke-spewers that Americans remember from the 1970s and 1980s. He says he thinks it's possible that within five years -- tomorrow in the world of cars and trucks -- the auto industry will have bridged that gap.

"Ten years ago, I wouldn't have believed what I'm telling you now," says Dr. Lloyd, who in the past several weeks has begun a series of closed-door meetings with auto-industry officials to discuss several clean-car technologies. "However, we have confidence that, given past history, the auto industry will rise to the challenge, and we will have light-duty diesel in the U.S. and California."

Dr. Lloyd isn't the only environmental official reassessing diesel. Earlier this year, the EPA tested a new version of a diesel car from Toyota Motor Corp. that's under development for future sale in Europe. The agency concluded that the car already meets a round of tough new antismog standards that are set to phase in between 2004 and 2007 in the U.S. EPA officials are scheduled to explain those test results Thursday at an auto-industry conference in San Diego. And they expect to test more diesel cars, as well as sport-utility vehicles, from other manufacturers before the end of the year.

"Clean diesel sounds like an oxymoron," says Margo Oge, director of the EPA's office of transportation and air quality. "It's not."

Not everyone is so optimistic that the technology to make diesel engines as clean as gasoline engines will fall into place. No one knows, for instance, whether the Toyota tested by the EPA will stay clean enough as it ages to comply with the new antismog rules. But the progress in diesel engines is setting the stage for yet another fight in California between green activists and auto makers. And this time, caught in a shift in the environmental movement's priorities, CARB finds itself in the uncomfortable spot of having to negotiate with the auto industry it has long ordered around.

That's because a new California law requires that the agency now address automobiles' effects on global warming, not just on smog. The means of fighting these two very different environmental enemies aren't always compatible.

Smog is the foe CARB was founded to fight, and diesel engines produce more smog-causing pollutants than gasoline engines do, which is why diesel has been anathema to U.S. environmentalists.

But there's another environmental concern on the horizon. Carbon dioxide, called a greenhouse gas because of mounting evidence that it contributes to increases in the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere, is produced when any fossil fuel burns. Limiting carbon-dioxide emissions requires burning less fuel. And diesel engines require less fuel to produce a given amount of energy than gasoline engines do.

Growing Pressure

Detroit's Big Three and their European and Japanese rivals face growing pressure to make their vehicles more fuel-efficient to reduce dependence on Middle East oil and help slow global warming. Though the U.S. has said it won't ratify the Kyoto treaty to curb global warming, the specter of the California automotive greenhouse-gas law -- the first in the nation -- and the likelihood of tougher federal fuel-economy standards have the auto industry scrambling to make its vehicles more efficient. As "light trucks," a category that includes SUVs, pickup trucks and minivans, have soared in popularity in the U.S., they've dragged down the average fuel economy of the fleet to the lowest level in two decades.

The industry argues that esoteric technologies such as battery-powered vehicles are impractical and won't sell. With increasing frustration and urgency, auto makers are making the pitch to American regulators that a smarter response to the country's fuel-consumption problem can be found in the success of diesels across the Atlantic.

In Europe, tax policies have favored diesels for decades as part of a broader push for energy efficiency. By the time Europe began regulating smog-causing auto emissions about 30 years ago, diesel was entrenched, so the Continent wrote its rules to prod the industry to clean up the technology -- not outlaw it. Today's diesel vehicles in Europe are cleaner and quieter than their predecessors, though still not as clean and quiet as gasoline models. They're also often more fun to drive. Diesel power now commands about one-third of Western Europe's new passenger-car market, and most industry analysts expect that share to grow.

In the U.S., where gasoline is relatively cheap, diesels never caught on, except in commercial vehicles. Today, diesel accounts for less than 1% of U.S. car sales.

But that could change as pressure mounts on Dr. Lloyd and other environmental regulators to go after greenhouse gases. In 1998, the year before Dr. Lloyd joined CARB's board, the agency a
  • chuck106chuck106 Member Posts: 1
    My TDI engine will sometimes , on initial startup from stoplite idle, rev to approx 1900 rev, then drop back to idle for a number of seconds, then slowly come up again. This first occured when new and is still happening at 3000 miles.The car will sometimes be OK for days and then start this weird behaviour. My dealer is no help.
  • frogpondfrogpond Member Posts: 17
    I have a 03 Golf GLS TDi. Absolutely love it!! My question is this; The manual says that you don't need to add diesel additives but then I read conflicting reports from people that say you do and some say you don't. Which is it??!! If so what ones are good to add.
    Folks over at TDIClub tend to prefer PowerService. In the winter, get the white bottle (if you live in cold climates).

American diesel fuel is filthy (at least until mid-2006), so a cetane boost is a good thing. Or try to find local biodiesel and burn the best fuel available in North America. :) More info at www.biodieselnow.com.

BTW, I'm probably going to sell my Passat TDI and get a 2003 Golf GL TDI! :)
    Chuck: You shouldn't have to deal with that, so if your dealer won't help you under warranty, find another one in your area, see if they can fix it for you.

Nate: Selling the Passat!?!? :-0
    Perhaps, perhaps, perrrrrrrrrrrrrhapsssssss. (Sorry, Cake flashback). Yeah, if I can get a decent price for it, I'm going to sell it and get a brand spankin' new Golf GL TDI.
  • jcheckjcheck Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    I've heard some really horrible stuff about Jetta's and reliability (multiple window repairs, replace O2 sensors very frequently, multiple brake replacement, door handles/locks, tie rods, power steering, etc...). I've also read some of the same concerns for the Golf. Actually had a sister-n-brother-in-law got rid of a jetta (late 90's I think) after sinking a few G into it in just a few months. I LOVE the idea of 50 mpg (REALLY LOVE IT - 90 mile trip one way to work, West Michigan - plenty of snow) not to mention really digging the car itself, but I don't want the savings in fuel to be spent fixing the car. If seems like a good used car buy...I think.

I haven't been able to find Golf TDI reliability information becuase there aren't that many on the road (and even fewer reviews/comments of them). I have seen Jetta TDI, Beetle TDI and Golf Gasoline reviews, but how do they compare to the Golf TDI? Is the Golf TDI basically a Beetle TDI with different sheetmetal, or is it more like a Jetta TDI?

I'm looking to buy used ($9-$11K; probably 2000ish), which means I'm looking at a vehicle with some milage. I'm cool with the milage, as long as the bad boy is going to last 200K+ miles like I've heard diesels can. Can anybody comment on TDI Golf (TDI!) reliablilty. I've heard great things about Beetle reliability but not so great things about Golf. Enough of the rambling, can anybody offer some experience based advise?
  • idletaskidletask Member Posts: 171
    You are suffering an autoignition problem, which is very, very bad a problem for Diesel engines. The symptom of it is too much oil. It will go and burn along with the fuel. Many Diesel engines here break precisely because of that. The engine would be overreving for some time then die. Solution? Engage a gear and press the brake pedal until it stops... And then go to your dealer and ask for a full injection system checkup/cleaning. Costs much, but it will be worth it in the long term...
  • devartemisdevartemis Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mopar,

You posted this on 09/12/02...

#337 of 383  GTI or 50 mpg TDI re mpg5 by moparbad  Sep 12, 2002 (07:29 am)

Get the TDI Golf and chip it. Golf is built in Brazil and GTI is built in Brazil. Brazil, Mexico, Germany you are going to get the same quality in a VW. The problems that VW experience are component problems and not build quality problems (New Beetle excluded). With the warranty now at 5 years and the window regulator problem fixed it is a good time to get a Golf or GTI.

Could you please tell me if New Beetle TDI is poorly made since you said New Beetle is excluded? I am looking to purhcase a New Beetle GLS TDI, but I've heard some bad things about its quality... which the repairs can be quite expensive.

Is it true?
    New Beetles seem to have alot of electrical problems, from what I have heard. Maybe that's what Mopar meant.
  • tdcartertdcarter Member Posts: 2
    I am researching buying a Jetta TDI in the next few months. I am on the westside of the greater Portland, OR area, and I am interested in anyone's experiences with dealers in Oregon/SW Washington. I am willing to go further away to purchase, but would like to have something closer for service.

From what I read on these forums, it's very important to find a good dealer w/ a good service reputation who really knows these cars.

Any input (thumbs up or down) on dealers/salespeople, and service would be much appreciated.

Also, heads-up on any other local resources (e.g., TDI mechanics, chip/parts sources, people w/ VAG-COM, etc.) would also be very appreciated!

I hope to buy in the next couple of months and become a more active member here!

Thx,

TC
    Email me offline and I'll point you in the right direction.
  • nerak2nerak2 Member Posts: 2
    The EPA website ranks the TDI a 1 out of 10, 1 being the worst. I was planning on trading in my 98 Passat tomorrow for the Jetta TDI wagon but now concearned, does anyone have any information on emissions/gas milage, which is worse, higher emissions or better gas milage? http://epa.gov/greenvehicles/wgn-03.htm
    TDI is recognized as a "Green" vehicle in Europe as it produces less CO2 than gasoline powered vehicles and consumes less fuel. Diesel is a renewable fuel as it can be manufactured from plant oils and animal fats.
    The negative aspects of diesel are NOx and particulates. Why? Diesel fuel in US has up to 500 ppm sulfur. US diesel is of the poorest quality in the world. You can thank the EPA for this as they regulate fuel quality. In 2006 diesel fuel will be required to have lower sulfur content.
    If you care about the environment the TDI is a good choice. It is a technology that works today.
    The EPA and CARB present a negative analysis of TDI and diesel that is based on political goals and fails to incorporate a balanced approach to conserving resources and reducing greenhouse gases.
  • spiritualquestspiritualquest Member Posts: 26
    If you really want to lower emissions, go with a biodiesel blend. Right now, Biodiesel is about 3 cents higher than conventional diesel (according to a truck driver in my church). Make the investment and run up to 20 to 50 percent in your tank. You will not be sorry. Biodiesel is what makes the TDI an environmental choice. I hear that B20 will be sold in much the same way that ethenol is sold now. Look around, you might be near a truck stop that already offers it.
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    Please be aware that our policy forbids promoting (or linking to) other auto websites that also provide message boards or chats.

For informational purposes, we do allow links to auto forums that do not provide message boards or chats. Okay?

If you have any questions regarding this policy, feel free to send me an email. You can also read what our Town Hall manager (Sylvia) has to say about this policy in our Ask the Town Hall Hosts discussion, (From Post #1383), and post your question/comments there.

And let's get back to the subject of this discussion. Thanks!

Revka
    Host/Hatchbacks & Wagons
  • dieselbreathdieselbreath Member Posts: 243
    Starting in September 2003, VWs will come with the "NEW" diesel engine that replaces the TDI.
    It displaces 2.0 liters vs. 1.9 for TDI, and has 130 HP vs. 90 for TDI.
    Sales-woman that I bought my '98 Beetle TDI from said VW told them to clear out all TDIs because they'll be a bugger to sell with the new, better engine avail. for the same price.
    This engine is alread in the SHARAN minivan in Europe (with 6-speed and optional 4WD).
    PS: My '98 TDI just turned over 150,000 kms coming back from Seattle Monday and runs as good as new. Still over 50 Miles per Cdn. Gallon at 75-85 MPH on the freeway.
    That engine is for the Passat only. The Jetta/Golf will continue with the 1.9, possibly getting the 100 hp model in the near future, but thats it.
    I thought they were dropping the 1.9 litre alltogether.???
    It seems they're going to 500cc/cylinder across the board from 2-liter 4-bangers, to the 2.5 V-5 in Europe, the new 3-liter V6 (in Audi), the 4-liter W8 in Passat and V8-tdi in Audi, and the 5-liter V-10 in the Phaeton/Touareg.
    It makes sense from a parts manufacturing/spare-parts logistics point-of-view.
    Imagine only one piston, con-rod, etc. for over a dozen engines. "Platform design" maximized!
    The word over at that other TDI site is that it'll be the 100HP engine for 2004 Jetta (wagon), Beetle, and Golf, and the 134HP engine for the Passat.
    Not only is the 1.9L TDI not being eliminated for North America it will continue to be offered in Europe. The TDI for 2004 may have single unit injection or "pump deuse" as it is called by VW but do not expect the 2.0 TDI. The new engine has been speculated to have 100HP vs. the 90HP of the current TDI but actual HP of the current TDI is already 100HP when dyno'd.
    Please refer to my last Post ##393.

To those concerned: Feel free to email me if you have any question/comments regarding this matter. Please do not address this matter with me here. I do not set policy here, nor can I change it. However, as host, I am required to enforce it. Hope you understand.

And now, back to the subject of the VW TDI engine! Thanks! ;-)

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
    The 1.9L in pump deuse format 105hp and the new 2.0L TDI pump deuse 134hp are both being offered in the new Audi A3 which is built on the same platform as VW Mk5 that will show up in 2004/2005 timeframe.
    1.9L is not going away anytime soon.
    Thanks for your information. Also, regarding your previous question, I sent you an email which you may find helpful. Please email me if you have any questions. Happy posting!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • gadams1515gadams1515 Member Posts: 4
    This is the response I received from VWoA when I enquired about the availability of the TDI in the Passat.

"It has recently been announced the Passat TDI will be produced. It is
    tentatively scheduled to become available mid to late 2004. No further
    information is available at this time. "

For me this is a good thing. I have had a Golf TDI for 3 years now, an loved it. It has been probably the most reliable car I have ever owned, even more the my Maxima SE. Now we have a third child, and my Golf is too small. I am hoping I can hold out on buying a larger car until the Passat arrives.
    I would be interested in a Passat TDI as well, maybe. Probably will end up with a Passat once my Jetta's paid off in about 4 years or so.
  • rickroverrickrover Member Posts: 601
    Late 04/ early 05 should be about the time the next generation Passat will be coming out along with the next gen Golf and Jetta V. I purchased an 03 Jetta TDI wagon (automatic) about 2 weeks ago and love it. These current TDI's will still be desirable when the next generation diesels appear, they are great cars. I will have my eye on the next generation TDI Passat wagon when they appear.
    So ... the 1.9 will be around, but it won't be the "old" TDI like in my beetle, it will be the new technology like in the Passat, correct?
    Which means my 1.9lTDI engine IS going away, but the new engines will be avail. in 1.9 and 2.0 liter versions.

What's the story on tuner-mods for the new 2.0tdi?
  • rickroverrickrover Member Posts: 601
    As popular as these engines are in Europe - I'd bet there are lots of mods available.
This discussion has been closed.