Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Concorde

Comments

• socrmomsocrmom Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your words,,,,I've been looking at the silver ones too...did you get the aluminum wheels.,,that is another option I have been thinking about..But now I feel good about the price,,I was wondering if they were really giving me a great deal, like they said...Thanks again.

Lisa in VA
  • copperhead1copperhead1 Member Posts: 157
    And read my latest post.
    We finally bought one this weekend, and we love it.. We were there for a silver one, and happened to the see the inferno red, and did a double take. I never thought I would end up with a red one. We love it. The ride is nice,,(anything is nicer than what we were driving). We also got a good deal, due to the snow I think, and the lack of sales and it being the last day. We went ahead and bought the extended warranty, with the 0.9% interest...We could have used it with our last Ford, when the air conditioner went out after only 3 years.
  • dplunkett1dplunkett1 Member Posts: 5
    We took delivery on a 2000 Lxi (moonroof, bench seat, cd changer, etc) about 10 days ago. No buyer's remorse whatsoever. The road noise that we've heard about it is just not a problem. Evn without the stereo (which sounds great), we don't hear anything excessive. The handling is more like a car a couple feet shorter. With the exception of parallel parking (which will take a little getting used to), it moves around fine in parking lots.

The best thing is all that room! We (with 3 kids) fit without a problem and ride in comfort.

In short, a great car at a great price.
  • mimi919mimi919 Member Posts: 85
    I'M sure many people look in this forum before purchasing their new cars so they can get first hand feedback from current Concorde owners.
    I have owned my 99 Concorde LXI for about 9 month's now and have put on a little over 20,000 miles since I purchased it.
    On the plus side....I find the concorde to be a very nice looking car...resonably economical(runs on regular gas)..handles very well at all speeds..
    very comfortable and roomy back seat...decent engine power...a fun to use trip computer...and to date no major mechanical problems although I have had my car in for what I consider minor repairs several times.
    On the minus side...I find the Concorde to be very noisy at highway speeds and very annoying on some road surfaces due to the loud road noise entering the car....the front passenger has very limited leg room if you are 6' or over...the transmission downshifts too easily causing the car to hit passing gear and causing the engine to roar.surprisingly enough the concorde does not have automatic headlights which is a standard item on much lesser priced cars....and there is a blind spot when looking out both the side and rear view mirrors which makes lane changing a little more hazardous then in any previous car that I have owned.
    to sum it all up there are many things that I do like and also some that I don't like with my Concorde but I feel that with a few changes or modifications that the Concorde could be the best value of any car on the road today but as it presently is I would have to say that if I was in the market today to buy a new car I would not purchase the concorde.
  • jayess1jayess1 Member Posts: 7
    What kind of noise should I be looking for? I do hear a lot of noise when on concrete roads with expansion strips, big time! I don't hear anywhere near the noise that I had on my '96 Concorde when the traction control kicked in.

Is there a retrofit sound control for the real wheel housing? I am not sure my vehicle has it. I just took delivery 2/1/2000. I am not sure when it became part of production. and I am not sure when my car was built

Help me out here.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    jayess1-

The month and year that your car was made is on the driver's side door jamb- at least it is on my 99 300M. Since you have a 2000 model, I would say that your car has the sound deadening wheel housings.

fastdriver
  • binubinu Member Posts: 81
    Though it is not documented I would think that there is something automatic about the headlights on the Concorde ..
    My 1998 concorde lxi has this vague behavior about its headlights .. I have actually mentioned this a few times earlier but here goes ...

I generally keep my headlights on while driving even during daytime ... I have noticed that the headlights(only) keep blinking occasionally when I drive on a sunny day .. I keep hearing clicks repeatedly .. I can see my headlights blinking on the reflection from the car in front of me when I am stopped in traffic .. The blinks correspond to the clicks that I hear even while driving...

This has not happened even once in the night time.

I have taken the car to the dealer twice with this complaint but the dealer could never figure out why .. The dealer keeps telling me that he spoke to chrysler but even they don't understand why ..

Since this has never happened in the night-time in the last 2 years (mine is a 98 model) I haven't taken time off to go and sit with the dealer about this ..

My stupid assumption is that the light system on the concorde might be the one they used on the 300M terming them as automatic lights but they hadn't finished development when the concorde was released and hence they din't define it as automatic on the concorde ... concorde owners probably got something on which the development had reached the 70% mark on something that was originally intended for 300M.
    I have had my Concorde now for two weeks, have 500 miles on it and still really am enjoying it..I haven't had a problem with the road noise,,actually don't even know what road noise. Maybe its because of my previous vehicles, and that they were so loud, this sounds like a lullaby. Definitely glad I got the moonroof...One of my favorite options, even though its been chilly.

Hope my future experiences with this car remain positive...I watched and drove and read for 6 months before we took the plunge..
    Owners who have crossed the 15K mark,

Have you changed the front and rear differential fluid at 15K miles ..?
    My dealer just told me that it is not necessary to do this and that this is something generally done for Jeeps.

Also ..Is anyone else(Concorde/Intrepid only) seeing the 'issue' that I mentioned about my lights in post #229 ..?
    Try this during daytime driving ...
    Keep the headlight switch to the ON position.
    Keep the switch next to it (interior-lights-brightness control ?) to the middle setting.
    At these settings .. when you turn the headlight switch to 'OFF' the interior lights(on radio and a/c) will turn brighter and the headlights go off.
    As you turn the headlights back on the indicator lights on the radio turn dimmer.
    Now when you drive at this setting for sometime...
    Does anyone hear a click and find the radio/airconditioner-lights turn brighter and dimmer at intervals ...(the overall effect being similar to turning the headlight switch OFF and then back ON after sometime)?
    This happens on my concorde every few minutes ..

Other than this 'wonder' a great car ...
    Will choose this over many other cars ..even today ..
  • elvis15elvis15 Member Posts: 1
    My wife drives a 98 LXI color of eggplant with upgraded chrome factory spokes and gold trim package throw a some tint on the windows and you have a real head turner..
  • milo7milo7 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1999 concorde 2.7L. Recently I've experienced what seems to be a very hard down shift just before coming to a complete stop. Also, I notice a distinct hesitation when accelerating either from a dead stop or when passing. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes,don´t worry take the car to the dealer,and tell him your problem,he will have to look for a faulty code on the trans. Usually that problem is because a faulty sensor,or solenoid.
    It´s very easy to replace them.
  • emily820emily820 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 Concorde with 14,000 miles which is currently in for service for the 8th time. The problems have been suspension and electrical. The car pulls to the left and so far by replacing sway bars, putting a reenforcement package on the front end and replacing the rack and pinion on the front left has not corrected the pulling problem. The electrical has been the windows intermittently not performing and the brakes lights sticking. The ignition column locks up and at times I am unable to "start" the car because the key can't turn in the ignition. Fortunately, with A LOT of play with the wheel it does unlock. I have applied for the lemon law. I LOVE the car and had a 1996 Chrysler Concorde. But, with all the problems I have had with this car..I think I will switch to a Ford Taurus.
    emily820-

OH BOY!!!!! Left pull???? I'm an EXPERT at this after 10 1/2 and 11,000 miles! You HAVE to read the info on my webpage- http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/7501/

Hope it helps you because Chrysler WON'T despite what their "5-STAR" TV commercials show!

fastdriver
    Before you buy a FORD,read www.blueovalnews.com

Beware of FORDS!!
    emily820-

Check out the Toyota Solara SLE!!! Drive it. You'll see, hear and feel the difference BEFORE you even put it in gear!

Will get to your e-mail ASAP.

fastdriver
    After reading your in depth and interesting web page about the problems you have had wirh your car and the run around you and many other posters in here received from Chrysler it has become obvious to me that if I develope a problem with my Concorde then I have no other recourse other then my selling dealer and to be honest that doesen't give me much peace of mind.
    Even before reading your web page I realized that Chrysler was not customer friendly when I called the Chrysler extended warranty dept. to ask them a few questions....this is the honest truth....I called them several times and had to wait at least on hour on hold before I was able to talk with a rep....it was so frustrating to be on hold that long and to me it just shows the credibility of the company.
    I consider myself a very reasonable person and I totally realize that there are two sides to every story and in this forum we only get to read the posters version of that story and not Chryslers but as for your situation of a represenative of Chrysler not at least returning your calls....well as far as I am concerned there is no defense for that.....and to be placed on hold for over an hour every time you call the warranty dept....well thats just a wrong way to treat customers....
    I am not sure if anyone affiliated with Chrysler reads this forum but it would be a good idea for them to do so and even respond to some of the legitimate posts and make an effort to improve their customer relations.
    we all have to realize that no company that is as large as Chrysler and produces as many cars as they do can even hope to manufacture a trouble free car...that would be impossible...but I think the frustration for most Chryler owners is not with the problems they develope with their car but what happens after they develope the problem and attempt to resolve it through Chrysler co.
    Fortunately for me as yet I have not had the problems many others in here have had but after reading previous posts I totally realize what I am in store for if I should have a problem and have to contact Chrysler.
    mimi919-

You have MORE recourse then JUST your selling dealer! You can bring your car to ANY Chrysler dealer for warranty work! I've been through TWO "5-STAR" Chrysler dealers with little success and much aggravation and incompetence. When all my transmission fluid leaked out in December while I was 90 miles from home, the dealer I had been going to told me on a Monday, when I called at 8 AM, that they couldn't look at it until Wednesday.
    So, I called the friendly Dodge dealer down the street who took the car right away AND told me that I was more than welcome to bring it there any time! This was AFTER they saw its history on the computer. This dealer was the closest thing to a 5-Star dealer that I ever dealt with so far.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- until it hits them in their pocketbooks nothing will change! If people in all these Chrysler topics in Edmunds keep buying their cars/trucks/vans, what incentive is there to CHANGE OR handle things differently? Makes sense to me!

fastdriver
    Have you performed the TSB for the left pull ?

Regarding the steering wheel issue I would like to assume that you are not turning the steering wheel after you have removed the keys from the ignition because if you are then it is not a problem but is actually a feature of the car.Check the owner's manual for details.
    Also ..you will at times see the brake light sticking on if you keep pushing the pedal after you have switched off the car. In this case ..just start the car and then push the brake pedal again to get it back to normal.

As I mentioned above .. if this is happening in other situations then maybe I am wrong.
  • emily820emily820 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply, binu. I plead ignorance on the TSB ??? I read the owners manual regarding the ignition..and it definitely locks up. No amount of moving the wheel slightly to the right or left disengages the ignition lock. A replacement ignition cylinder has been ordered. As for the brakes, when I walked away from the car, the brakes lights were not on. When I came back to the car the brakes lights were on. This car has had quite a few electrical problems. The 2nd motor for the passenger window has been replaced. The garage rotated the front tires this last time in...and this helped the left pulling. There is still a left sway..but not as bad as it has been. They were unable to get the transmission to act up..but the trans definitely slips. I had a 96 Concorde..and had service on it 1 time. A new car should not require service this many times. I am frustrated and want my money back.
  • kbryan1kbryan1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Does anyone have any comments, good, bad or ugly, about this potential purchase? I'm considering buying a 1993 Concorde from an in-law for $7,000. It has only 50k, leather, tapedeck, power windows, and I don't know what else. It's in great shape and seems to be a reasonable price, yet I don't know anything about this make's track record.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Karl
  • kbryan1kbryan1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks much.

Anyone else?
  • billcappbillcapp Member Posts: 2
    I am considering purchasing this vehicle from a
    local reputable dealer. The car has 76000 miles, in beautiful clean condition, runs well (at least in a short test drive), and the price is $9995. Dealer is allowing me $2000 trade-in for my old
    88 Mercury Sable Wagon, so that brings the price down to $7995.
    Are there any original problems with this model year that I should know about before I finalize the agreement? The only recall I know about is an airbag problem from 97.
    Would appreciate hearing from anybody, even directly to my e-mail address (billcapp@ix.netcom.com).
    Thanks very much!
  • alrurialruri Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1998 Chrysler Concorde. I took my car in Friday for an oil change and the service tech told me that my throttle was filthy ($90) my drive belts were cracked ($150) and that I needed to change the transmission fluid ($99.95)I have 34K miles on my car and feel that the drive belts and the throttle should not be in the shape they are in. This car is still under warranty. Frankly, the reason I am on Edmunds is to search for another vehicle. I believe that the type of types of issues I described above are a prelude to a mess with my Concorde. Am I wrong?
  • cckidcckid Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1994 Chrsyler Concorde and my husband is ready to shoot and bury it. It's in the shop right now with a broken head gasket. It has 63,000 miles, an oil change every 4K miles, and is treated with kid gloves. We're looking at a $1k + repair bill and aren't sure whether to have it fixed or try to dump it.
    Have you been following the maintenance schedule ..?
    At 34K miles I would have my trans fluid changed twice (schedule B).
    Were your drive belts adjusted during every maintenance trip to the dealer ..?
  • sears3sears3 Member Posts: 12
    I own a 1999 Chrysler concord and the road noise
    and the air sound from the driver and passenger
    windows are awful and getting worse. I have had
    it back twice but no better. Also the right rear
    window won't work from the drivers button and only
    when it feels like it from the back seat. I only have 4500 on it and love my car it drives great
    but i'm afraid that it is just the beggining of
    my problems.
    What are you waiting for? Take it to the dealer,they will fix it,there are many Chrysler or Dodge dealers to solve all of your problems.
    Just act!!
  • bobco3bobco3 Member Posts: 2
    I currently own a 1993 Dodge Intrepid ES. I had to replace the transmission at 65,000 miles. My son has an 1994 Eagle Vision and replaced the transmission at 42,000. A neighbor had a 1996 Chrysler Concorde and had to replace the transmission at 38,000. Is there a pattern here?
    Chrysler's warranty is only 3 years/36,000 miles.
    I love the Intrepid, Eagle, Concorde styling, but the maintenance costs are abyssmal. I've also replaced air conditioners on two cars, etc.

If Chrysler says that its "new" transmission is much better than the old one, then why won't they warrenty it for 70,000 like many/most of the imports?

Again, if I ever buy a Chrysler product, I would never do so without a 100K warranty...

Chrysler has received numerous complaints on its transmission, but does nothing to help the consumer after 36, 000 miles. Shortly thereafter,I can virtually guarantee you that you will experience transmission problems. There are exceptions, of course. But check around with your family,friends, etc. and ask them about transmission problems with Chrysler products as their cars age, i.e., 50,000 miles+
    bobco3-

Pattern???? No, it must be just you and your family. Just ask ANY Chrysler dealer if they ever have any tranny problems and you'll most likely hear "don't know of any" or some such dribble! LOL...

fastdriver
    I also have a 99 Concorde and have experienced the same problems that you are having.
    As for the road and wind noise I feel the same as you that is is horrible that a car like the Concorde can be so noisy when driven on the highway.....in all honesty I have to say that the Concorde is by far the noisiest new car that I have ever owned.
    As for the problem you are having with your rear window not always working from the main driver control switches.....I had the same problem as my front passenger window at times would not work from the master window controls and had a hard time for the dealer to finally diagnose the problem....first they replaced my driver side window switch which did not correct the problem so then they realized that the current went from the driver switch through the problem window switch before going to that window motor so they then replaced the window switch on the problem window and that corrected my problem.
    I hope this will be some help to you and hopefully you will have your problem corrected soon.
    In reference to your last post I have to strongly disagree with you when you stated that this is mostly a one sided gripe session.
    In reality I feel this is a very informative forum of Concorde owners stating from ownership of their Concordes their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with their personal driving experience with their Concordes.
    I also agree with you that the Concorde is a beautiful car but on the other hand I strongly disagree with your statement that is is a quiet driving car but rather then argue that point in here I would strongly suggest to any prospective buyers of a Concorde that they test drive the car at highway speeds and then be the judge of just how noisy they find the Concorde to be.
    I realize that some posters in this forum had a bad experience with Chrysler and go out of their way to put Chrysler down every chance they get....and I would also think that their are posters in here that in some way are affiliated with Chrysler and defend any negative posts regardless of the merit of the post but it's easy enough to see who they are but I feel the majority of posters in here are saying it the way it really is.
    Mimi
  • 401k401k Member Posts: 16
    With all due respect...

Where in my post did I say that the Concorde was a "quiet driving car"? How can you possibly "strongly disagree" with my statement of fact that our Concorde was MUCH quieter than our Maxima even before the additional soundproofing was installed? I don't remember taking you for a ride in our cars! Everything is relative.

In the Automobile Club (AAA) magazine that we received last month there was an article about "family sedans". They wrote about the Accord, the Taurus, and the Camry. Under the heading, "Pros and Cons", AAA listed as "cons" for all three cars (not exact wording) "excessive interior noise levels". Go figure! I guess that the Concorde is in good company.

So, you feel that "the majority of posters in here are saying it the way it really is"? Well then, why do you "strongly disagree" when someone (like me) says the way it really is for our cars, and our experiences with our cars? Only negative things are "the way it really is"?

I agree with your comment regarding test drives. Everyone should fully check out a car BEFORE they buy them so that they are not surprised AFTER the purchase by things such as "road noise", a lack of passenger seat legroom, or "windshield glare". Anyone who is upset by things such as that AFTER the purchase have only themselves to blame. Complaining about such issues after one's purchase simply shows that little thought was employed before the purchase. For example, we looked at Jaguars before purchasing our Chryslers. I love Jaguars. Always have. However, as soon as I sat in one for the first time, I realized that there was insufficient headroom for me. We didn't go ahead and buy the car anyway, then proceed to go onto the Jaguar message boards and [non-permissible content removed] about the lack of headroom! Common sense does wonders when liberally applied.

These boards are very telling. One can rather easily tell who is worth listening to, and who is rather mindlessly blowing hot air. Who has a legitimate problem or gripe, and who is a sourpuss with an axe to grind. Who is simply "saying it the way it really is", and who has a hidden agenda.

Happy motoring!

Tom
    In reading your last post you are absolutely correct and you never did make reference to the Concorde as being a quiet driving car but only said it was quieter the your previous Maxima(sorry).
    I respectfully suggest that you re-read my previous posts as I did yours and hopefully you will realize that I don't agree or disagree on any posts regardless on them being favorable or unfavorable and only give my views based on my experiences with my Concorde.
    I have to say that where I do have a difference of opionion with you is what you had said in the last paragraph of your previous post#257 when you said that..."one can easily tell who is worth listening to and who is mindlessly blowing hot air"I guess I look at other posters remarks differently and really really don't feel they are mindlessly blowing hot air but rather just stating their views and opionions based on their driving experiences with their cars.(granted a dissatisfied person will complain more then a satisfied person will praise I feel neither are done in a mindless manner)
    I have just turned 23,000 miles on my Concorde and if my car continues driving the same way I will be writting a favorable response to my first 25,000 mile overall driving experience with my Concorde but I also feel that others here may not have been as lucky as both of us have been and have had early problems with their cars and we have to understand their feelings as well.
    I hope you have many happy and safe years with your 300 and Concorde
    Mimi
  • 401k401k Member Posts: 16
    I never meant to imply that anyone with whom I may disagree, or who has negative things to say about their Concordes are simply blowing hot air. Actually, a quick glance over recent postings on this board show a relative lack of hot air. Actually, now that I think about it, it was the 300M board that used to be a dumping ground for people who had nothing better to do than slam all Chrysler products simply for being Chrysler products. That got VERY old, VERY quick. I apologize to anyone who may have felt that I was dismissing their legitimate problems or concerns. That was not my intent.

On a totally different topic, Mimi...

You wrote earlier about "blind spots" with the Concorde. My wife and I find no such "blind spots" with our cars. We have the mirrors adjusted in such a way so that another car in our lane, or adjacent lane, can be seen at all times. The only possible "blind spot" is when a car is two lanes over, and off the rear quarter-panel of the car. Our sight lines are continuous from our driver's side peripheral vision to the driver's side-view mirror to the rear-view mirror to the passenger's side-view mirror to the passenger side peripheral vision. I have found that many people have their side-view mirrors improperly positioned, thus creating a "blind spot". The most common mistake is positioning the side-view mirrors so that the driver can see the rear quarter-panel of the car. That is what commonly causes the "blind spot" in the adjacent lane before the car reaches the driver's peripheral vision. You may want to check that out.

FWIW.

Tom
    Hi Tom
    I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and suggesting that I re-position my side view mirrows outward so I can see more into the next lane rather then my rear quarter panel.
    I think I will take your advise and do that today.

Thanks Tom
    Have a great day
    Mimi
    Thanks, I'm glad someone else has had the same
    trouble i have. I have a appointment with the dealership 3-28-00. I told them that i wanted
    to put extra soundproofing on my car also. I
    read it in one of the columns here. I'm also
    thinking about having the windows tinting a
    little. Have you seen any Concords with the tint?
    A friend of mine traded her Camery in on a
    Bonnieville SE (2000) Sharp car,roomy and
    guiet ride.
    I have a 99 Concorde and I had my windows tinted ..I have a lighter tint on my front side windows and a darker tint on the rear side windows as well as the back window.
    I spend most of my time in Arizona or Nevada and due to the summers being so hot here it is very common for people to have their windows tinted.
    Tinted windows make a noticeable difference on the interior temperature of your car but for some drivers depending on how dark the tint is it can take a little while to adjust to your night time driving as the tint does make the interior darker.
    You may also want to check the laws in your state as I think it may not be legal in all states to have tinted windows.
    As for how tinted windows look on the Concorde I can only give you my opinion....I think the Concorde looks great with tinted windows but then again I think the Concorde looks great without the tinted windows.
    Mimi
    You sounded like i haven"t tried to deal with
    the dealership about the noise and the window
    not working. I did twice now back next week
    for a third time. Also the first time my car
    only had 2700 miles on it and when I picked
    it up they didn"t even wash it or clean it up not
    that it needed it. My husband drives 70 miles
    1 way to work and drives a Totota he just had
    a timeing belt put on. The car has 127000 miles
    on it. When we picked it up they had cleaned it
    and washed it. Every time he ever took it back
    for anything which was 2 times they always
    cleaned it up. Like I said before the
    Bonnieville is sharp and it wouldn"t take much
    for me to trade. I"m hoping they will do some
    thing about the air noise this time.
  • srinacarsrinacar Member Posts: 14
    I leased a 2000 Concorde LXI in September 1999. Until recently, I also had a 1996 Maxima. As far as road noise, I was shocked at how poorly insulated the Chrysler was! It is such a luxurious car, but it is nowhere near as quiet as my Maxima was. My wife drives a 2000 Altima, and despite being smaller and several thousand dollars cheaper, it is every bit as quiet as the Concorde too! As for Chrysler customer service, I could write a book just on the past six months! Very sad, indeed. Oh well, at least the car looks great and I can give it back in two and a half years!
    http://members.aol.com/MKBradley/index.html

Just see that link it says it all.
    copperhead1-

Just another sleazy company! Go to the main site- http://www.blueovalnews.com and see how Ford TRIED to stifle this guy with the info he had about the Cobras lack of true horsepower that Ford WAS aware of!

They're probably all the same. Some are just MORE blatant/sleazy then others!

fastdriver
  • clayton4clayton4 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1998 Concorde that I had to replace the engine in at 42000 miles. The engine went bad because of a bad thermostat. Chrysler would not help me with this and I had to pay 4500.00 out of my pocket. This is after I already had to pay 1345.00 for a bad rear seal. I have never dealt with such unprofessional people as I had to at my dealership. This will be my last Chrysler product.
    I read your post and I have to say that I am really sorry to hear of your costly dilemma that you are having with your 98 Concorde.
    I can't honestly say that I blame you for for saying this will be your last Chrysler product and I am sure that if I had to pay out over $5,800 in repairs with my car that had under 50,000 miles that I wouldn't feel just as you do.
    I would like to ask you a question....did you have the extended warranty???.
    I have a 99 concorde LXI with 23,500 miles and to date I guess I am one of the lucky ones as my Concorde mechanically has been a very good car but I see the trend of owner posts of the current Concorde model (98and newer)having costly repairs as their cars reach the 50,000 mile mark.
    I guess thats why I am such a firm believer in the importance of buying the best warranty the mfg.has to offer.
    Again just wanted to say how sorry I am after reading your post and hope that these will be the last costly repairs needed to your car and you can enjoy some trouble free driving in the future.
    Good Luck
    Mimi
    I hear what your saying. If you have read my
    post earlier thats just what I'm afraid that
    is going to happen with me. My 1999 Concorde
    was right on the mark before running hot.My
    dealership said it was nothing we'll see
    down the road if it was nothing.I take mine
    back next week to have it worked on about the
    awfull road noise. I agree with you 100% on
    their service.
  • tim97tim97 Member Posts: 2
    I have looked for postings about the 1996 Concorde LX but haven't seen any.
    I am thinking of purchasing one that looks in great shape with 53,000 miles.

Just wondering if anyone has good or bad experiences with this make and model year.

Thanks,

Tim97
  • tim97tim97 Member Posts: 2
    I have looked for postings about the 1996 Concorde LX but haven't seen any.
    I am thinking of purchasing one that looks in great shape with 53,000 miles.

Just wondering if anyone has good or bad experiences with this make and model year.

Thanks,

Tim97
  • scott139scott139 Member Posts: 1
    My 99 Concorde produces a sound like water passing through the heater core when the engine is cold and first started. The sound stops when the engine gets warmed up. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a known solution?
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    does it sound like a hissing noise? and more so when you lift the hood and listen? if so, then it has something to do with the intake manifold or the plumbing somewhere around it. you local chrysler garage will fix it under warranty. i believe there is a technical service bulletin out on this but i'm not sure.